Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E16: Wrath – Pre-Air Speculation And Live Chat

nodorothyparker
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

Ironically, this could also describe the season 7 finale and the season 8 season premiere. 

Redundant show is redundant.  

Idiot that I am, I'm still holding hope the season finale will be better than what we've experienced so far this season.

Which sets the bar for my expectations really low.  

• Love 14
On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 4:58 PM, nodorothyparker said:

Seriously, just how long has "all-out war" been unfolding now?  

A long time, okay?  But this isn't just war, it's War-War!

:drinks:

Walking-dead.gif

Edited by SnarkyTart
  • Love 8
54 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

TWD writers:  Yes, we've been dicking you along all season long but, I swear, this episode it's ALL OUT WAR!!!

It's the last, last, last, last, LAST stand!!!

• Love 10

At this point in time I'd be ecstatic if the first shot for next season's premiere is just a title card saying:

'We're sorry, we really fucked things up, we'd like to Bobby Ewing the last 2 seasons and have a do-over. As a token of our appreciation for your patience we will be including at least one scene every episode of Andrew Lincoln running.'

Then the episode opens with Rick hearing the children at the gates of Alexandria.

Edited by Save Yourself
  • Love 16
16 minutes ago, Save Yourself said:

At this point in time I'd be ecstatic if the first shot for next season's premiere is just a title card saying:

'We're sorry, we really fucked things up, we'd like to Bobby Ewing the last 2 seasons and have a do-over. As a token of our appreciation for your patience we will be including at least one scene every episode of Andrew Lincoln running.'

Then the episode opens with Rick hearing the children at the gates of Alexandria.

Hear, hear!

They have one hour to keep my interest.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

Seriously, just how long has "all-out war" been unfolding now?  

Yes, but now it's the Real Thing! No more dickin' around, no more Redshirts being mowed down, no more bait-n'-switch, no more Rick saying, "Gee, I tried to kill Negan. Honest, I really really did but... well, I didn't!"

Father Pee will cough, a lot! Eugene will rattle off incomprehensible bullshit! The Ocean people will admonish Aaron further as he lies in the mud! Daryl will glance sideways through his hair and mumble another fucked-up plan, vindictively! Dwight will stare at the ground while chewing his imaginary gum! Greg will try to manipulate Maggie, who will merely give him a Grumpy Cat look. Oh, I just can't wait!

• Love 7

But, this time, it's all out war.... for realsies!!!  No kidding this time.  Not like the entire last two fucking seasons.

I have a dreadful feeling that Negan will still be alive at the end of this season.  At which point, I will go out and shoot him myself.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, paigow said:

Morgan finds the wormhole to CA...all out war continues...Marvel could sue for "Infinity War" copyright infringement...

At this point I would actually find it believable if Thanos, via the stones in the glove, pops out of a portal and into TWD land. I would certainly find that more believable than the BS that's been happening for Seasons now.

Edited by Smad
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, Gobi said:

Or - Just as Rick is about to really, truly, no kidding, kill Negan, that helicopter shows up and carries Negan away.

Or they finally come right out and make it Looney Tunes or Roadrunner/Wile E. Coyote, the heli will have ACME painted on it and crash on top of Negan.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, paigow said:

Morgan finds the wormhole to CA...all out war continues...Marvel could sue for "Infinity War" copyright infringement...

Or Rick try to stop Morgan from getting in the wormhole but Morty let him go...  Talking about copyright infringement...  :-)

• Love 2

OK, I've started my drinking. Now maybe if the writers would slow down a little bit on theirs, our quality standards could meet somewhere in the middle. So does "Fear" have a live thread too? I might actually sit through it if there is.

• Love 3

I am not good enough with english to compose a pre-episode Negan speech...  It is supposed to be easy "cause you just use words like "Shit", "Dick", "Prick", "Suck", "Balls", "Tities", "Ass", "Asshole", "Hard", "Come", "Nipples", "Fuck", etc...  But I can't... 

• Love 3

OK, I just turned the TV on. Gotta schluck through last week's episode again before I expose myself to any new stupidity. If, in fact, repeating the same eleven conversations over and over and over again every week can actually be called new. Anyway, when I first clicked it on, it was not tuned to the AMC channel. And I actually found myself thinking: "You know, you don't have to change the channel yet. You could watch this 'Big Bang Theory' episode instead." And, just to put that temptation into perspective for you, I absolutely fucking hate "Big Bang Theory."

• Love 7

Ok, I've decided I'm going to torture myself tonight.... I'm going to actually watch this finale and then the FTWD season premiere.
tenor.gif?itemid=9502839

.... May God have mercy on my soul!

23 minutes ago, CletusMusashi said:

OK, I just turned the TV on. Gotta schluck through last week's episode again before I expose myself to any new stupidity. If, in fact, repeating the same eleven conversations over and over and over again every week can actually be called new. Anyway, when I first clicked it on, it was not tuned to the AMC channel. And I actually found myself thinking: "You know, you don't have to change the channel yet. You could watch this 'Big Bang Theory' episode instead." And, just to put that temptation into perspective for you, I absolutely fucking hate "Big Bang Theory."

I've never watched TBBT, but having 'researched' it, I know I would hate it - at least after the first few seasons.

52 minutes ago, CletusMusashi said:

OK, I've started my drinking. Now maybe if the writers would slow down a little bit on theirs, our quality standards could meet somewhere in the middle. So does "Fear" have a live thread too? I might actually sit through it if there is.

I'll see ya there.

I figure if nothing else, that show is as snarkable as its parent.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 9
45 minutes ago, heisenberg said:

I am not good enough with english to compose a pre-episode Negan speech...  It is supposed to be easy "cause you just use words like "Shit", "Dick", "Prick", "Suck", "Balls", "Tities", "Ass", "Asshole", "Hard", "Come", "Nipples", "Fuck", etc..

A few tips: Remove "titties" and "nipples" from your monologue. Any words for female parts are verboten, as is "balls". Substitute "Nuts", "nutsack" and "piss" please. "Fuck"? Fuggedaboutit. Oh, same with "come." You may talk about "rubbing one out" but not "coming." I hope I didn't miss anything.

55 minutes ago, CletusMusashi said:

OK, I've started my drinking. Now maybe if the writers would slow down a little bit on theirs, our quality standards could meet somewhere in the middle.

It would take more than alcohol to churn out the brain-dead crap we get. I'm thinking non-prescription drugs are at work here.

I know I'm going to hate myself later, but I actually sprung for a bag of Lay's potato chips for this shitfest. Lay's are too good for it! I stopped drinking 2 hours ago. Another big mistake, I'm sure.

• Love 2
On 4/13/2018 at 11:02 AM, nodorothyparker said:

The communities join forces in a last stand against the Saviors as all-out war unfolds.

I have been focusing on that "last stand" part for months. Like, it runs in boldface through my head whilst Negan lies lifeless AND SILENT as Daryl and Carol perform an intricate pop & lock routine over his corpse.

I thank you all in advance for being one of the few rays of light in a season and a half of dreck.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, CletusMusashi said:

I too turned on AMC, but deliberately. I find that i re-watch it helps desensitize me to what's coming. I have been into the vodka bottle a few times, and have safely secured another if I kick this one. I won't really be in the live chat, I may chime in but I am live watching on Facebook messenger with my daughter in Michigan (27 and watching from S1E1) and is more disillusioned than the rest of us.

• Love 2

Negan is not gonna die. At least not quickly. At best, maybe he'll get penicillin-resistant syphilis from Dumpster Diva and walk around giving deathbed monolgues for another season. At worst, he'll also write letters to everyone like Coral did, so we can hear his voiceovers about everybody's dicks and balls for another twenty-five years after he's dead.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 7

I am watching tonight, but I'm guaranteeing everyone this;  if Negan is still alive by time the final credits roll, I'm not watching another single minute of this Show until he's gone.

What's the O/U on when we hear our first penis reference or other potty humor remark?  I'm going with 75 seconds.

Just made sure AMC was working ok, so could watch, and was given the treat of the Negan/Simon fight.  O.M.G. (LOL!) was that the single most emotionless death match ever!  They could have done close-ups of the worker-slaves and it would have been a continual repeat of this type of reaction shot...
tenor.gif?itemid=6028047

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Gobi said:

Or - Just as Rick is about to really, truly, no kidding, kill Negan, that helicopter shows up and carries Negan away.

That would at least be some movement of the story in some direction.

I'm completely hopped up on the good cold meds settling in to the tail end of the last episode and it doesn't make any more sense this way.  So tonight's viewing may be .... interesting.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, AngelaHunter said:

Finally got off my ass and set up my laptop so I can join in the live chat. Watching this without being able to do that is pure misery, believe me. Not used to watching commercials though.

The commercials have become a welcome relief, actually.

• Love 4