Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 04/09/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Sunny's comments on watching "BIG" with her son were embarrassing.  If she doesn't ease up, she won't have have a kid that is comfortable confiding in her.  Too bad she couldn't just go with the flow and joke along with him about a teen boy's fantasy about being a boy in a man's body as far as hot babes are concerned.   Does she even understand it?  Can Manny do a rescue?  Stay tuned.

Edited by Former Nun
inserted a missing "she"
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Sunny's comments on watching "BIG" with her son were embarrassing.  If she doesn't ease up, she won't have have a kid that is comfortable confiding in her.  Too bad she couldn't just go with the flow and joke along with him about a teen boy's fantasy about being a boy in a man's body as far as hot babes are concerned.   Does she even understand it?  Can Manny do a rescue?  Stay tuned.

She knows he doesn't watch the show but she is not thinking a friend's mother making a comment to her own child and who can pass it along to him.  

• Love 2

Dr Ian Smith is a dullard.  His first book was Shred.  He was a guest on Wendy.  In the opening she announced that she had lost enough to fit into her HS jeans (something like that).  Soooo, Ian said to her,  "we are going to shred YOU Wendy!"  Expecting applause he was met with Wendy saying she is the slimmest she has ever been (something like that).  She handled it with Grace and humor.  He probably felt like an idiot.  Listen to the show in the green room and do research, you pinhead.  Her breasts make her look larger than she is but that info is out there all over the place. 

Now another diet book!  Oh wow, we really need this. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 6

Dr. Ian Smith (“The Clean 20: 20 Foods, 20 Days, Total Transformation”)

Enough of these diet books. Another one to skip!!!

I doubt anyone will have a "Total Transformation".

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

We need to add a phrase to our drinking game.  When Meghan says "there is a fracture in the Republican party."

We should all just DVR this and watch in the evening and proceed to get hammered at her mere presence. 

1 minute ago, Haleth said:

Oh, but it's so fun seeing her deflated after getting her little blue card focused in for an attack.

Loved how calmly Madeline Albright answered Meghan's gotcha questions.  You all who bailed should really check out the interview. Very refreshing to hear intelligent grown ups discuss serious matters.  

Thanks, is isn't on here yet but I planned to watch Madeline. 

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

I respect (but don't always agree with) John McCain, but I really hate that political guests, particularly Democrats, on The View have to kiss the McCain ring to forestall a rabid Meghan attack. Meghan the Political Analyst should be able to entertain opposing viewpoints without needing a sop to her ego.

I think his service, POW and tumor are setting the tone.  MM is all bluster and not important. 

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Oh, Meggie!  You really thought you could take on Madeline Albright?  Buy a clue!  She is sooooo out of your league.

Meghan was trying hard to trip her up and the Secretary just wasn't having it.

• Love 19
30 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Oh, but it's so fun seeing her deflated after getting her little blue card focused in for an attack.

Loved how calmly Madeline Albright answered Meghan's gotcha questions.  You all who bailed should really check out the interview. Very refreshing to hear intelligent grown ups discuss serious matters.  

I came back to watch Albright.  Even The View can't keep me away from certain guests. I watched her last night on Colbert, too. For the most part, she doesn't pull any punches (except the kissing up about JM to MM..ugh). Intelligent, accomplished woman with an important message. 

ETA

Glad Albright clarified (and told the entire comment) her misrepresented statement about women supporting other women. Too late, unfortunately... not that it would, necessarily, have made any difference. It still would have been taken out of context by and for those who wanted to distort her words. 

Edited by AdeleDazeem
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, msrachelj said:

i agree with her. most of us born here don't call ourselves irish-american, italian-american, spanish-american, etc.

But most of us aren't descendants of people stolen from their country, and brought to America in chains.  Most of us don't find that our search on our family tree ends when we find the master's book and learn when our foremothers were "bred".  It's really not a fair comparison to any other immigrating country/continent.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, Tanichka said:

I'm quite disappointed in her.  I thought she was great before mat leave.  Hope it's hormonal.

Yes.  Their job is to be informed about current events.  How about if they do some reading over the week-end, instead of heading to the Hamptons!

While Meghan twists facts and flat out lies, Whoopi is so clumsy and uninformed.  Even when her conclusion is valid, she doesn't reach her conclusion in a factual, sensible way.  While attempting to point out that the Cohen searches were not another Watergate, she got her facts wrong.  These were "no knock" searches, meaning they technically break in.  They pick the locks and enter without permission of the owners.  Joy, again, had to be the grown up and correct the point that Watergate was criminals breaking in to steal, versus the government breaking in with valid and appropriate search warrants.  When Whoopi's explanation is blatantly false, it not only fails to prove her conclusion, it gives the Faux News crowd ammunition to call us all liars.

• Love 18
59 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I plan on at least watching that segment later tonight. Glad to hear she handled Meghan's gotcha questions with grace (no surprise, of course).

45 minutes ago, AdeleDazeem said:

Even The View can't keep me away from certain guests

Same here!

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

While Meghan twists facts and flat out lies, Whoopi is so clumsy and uninformed.  Even when her conclusion is valid, she doesn't reach her conclusion in a factual, sensible way.  While attempting to point out that the Cohen searches were not another Watergate, she got her facts wrong.

I tuned in long enough to witness Whoopi and that incoherent rant. 

• Love 5
19 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

She wants to be known, as as American, period. She feels that she is not African, since, she was born in the USA. She got a lot of heat for it, for being so obnoxious about it, in the past. 

I understand that.  Friends of mine in FL are from the islands are adamant about not being called AF.  They feel it dismisses their identity as Haitian Jamaican or Bahamian.   And they are American citizens.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, rollacoaster said:

I love when intelligent, informed, and articulate women like Madeline Albright, Ana Navarro, and Valerie Jarrett hand Meghan her ass. And they do it effortless, with such grace. She is helpless in the face of it, and it pleases me greatly.  

Sadly I think Meghan sees herself as those women's peer.  

• Love 17
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Sorry Meghan but Robert Mueller isn't working on your timetable.

She didn't just ask him to wrap up the investigation , she implored him to do so. If that doesn't get things moving , nothing will.

• Love 22
34 minutes ago, junebug said:

What or who is Megan always glancing at while she is talking or when the camera is on her?

I think she's making faces to her conservative friends who watch her. I don't put it past her to do something petty like that.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

But most of us aren't descendants of people stolen from their country, and brought to America in chains.  Most of us don't find that our search on our family tree ends when we find the master's book and learn when our foremothers were "bred".  It's really not a fair comparison to any other immigrating country/continent.

whoa. what has that got to do with it? i don't get your logic. i'm not racist. she is an american. jeez.  no one is disputing the history of how most black people got here. she never lived in africa. hence . american.  

• Love 3

Elsa incorrectly used the word "expunge" today, but I didn't care enough to rewind, so cannot remember the sentence.

She correctly used "taking umbrage" which she was directing at Joy, because Elsa was pissy about Joy saying the timing of Trump saying he is going to take action on Syria is suspicious.

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, bannana said:

Elsa incorrectly used the word "expunge" today, but I didn't care enough to rewind, so cannot remember the sentence.

She correctly used "taking umbrage" which she was directing at Joy, because Elsa was pissy about Joy saying the timing of Trump saying he is going to take action on Syria is suspicious.

Does anyone recall how she used expunge? I missed it. I heard implore and umbrage and thought she must have bought a dictionary or sah-um

• Love 2

Madeleine Albright is a national treasure. I'm glad the ladies essentially shut up and let her speak. Well, except for...you guessed it. Meghan tried it with her selective quoting, and was brushed off like the gnat she is.

Whoopi's incomprehensible rambling has been particularly bad the past two days. Both yesterday and today they talked about Facebook and other social media being abused during the 2016 election, and then she shouted about how people shouldn't put so much of their information out there to be seen and then screamed it again when Sunny dared to talk about the topic further rather than sit in awe of Whoopi's "words of wisdom"... The topic wasn't about information purposely put out there for everyone to see by users, but private information that was taken and the spread of fake news. And that's after yesterday, when she was talking about people pretending to be someone else while Joy was addressing the fake tweet and Whoopi said these people shouldn't be cowards and own their own statements rather than impersonating someone!!! Uh.... I don't think anyone was pretending to be Joy, I think it was more that someone (bot or otherwise) was trying to smear her with lies--and smear the network that employs her. I guess she's worse than usual after a week of "vacation" smoking her brain away.

• Love 23
7 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Madeleine Albright is a national treasure. I'm glad the ladies essentially shut up and let her speak. Well, except for...you guessed it. Meghan tried it with her selective quoting, and was brushed off like the gnat she is.

Whoopi's incomprehensible rambling has been particularly bad the past two days. Both yesterday and today they talked about Facebook and other social media being abused during the 2016 election, and then she shouted about how people shouldn't put so much of their information out there to be seen and then screamed it again when Sunny dared to talk about the topic further rather than sit in awe of Whoopi's "words of wisdom"... The topic wasn't about information purposely put out there for everyone to see by users, but private information that was taken and the spread of fake news. And that's after yesterday, when she was talking about people pretending to be someone else while Joy was addressing the fake tweet and Whoopi said these people shouldn't be cowards and own their own statements rather than impersonating someone!!! Uh.... I don't think anyone was pretending to be Joy, I think it was more that someone (bot or otherwise) was trying to smear her with lies--and smear the network that employs her. I guess she's worse than usual after a week of "vacation" smoking her brain away.

I think Whoopi is confusing what Cambridge Analytica did with identity theft.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Nope. She's almost always rambling and spewing out misinformation. I wanted to reach through the screen and throttle her when she kept screaming that MarchForOurLives isn't about gun control and the NRA (before the break). YES, IT IS!  Listen to what the kids have been saying, you idiot. They want to be safe. How do you think they want that accomplished? They've said it from the beginning. They were not ambiguous. She's uniformed on every topic...every day. 

ETA
And, neither Sunny nor Joy checked her on that.  Just because MMs rant about the 2nd and the NRA was and is bullshit, doesn't negate the fact that that's who MFOL is taking on. MM rants, WG rambles, Sunny demurely demurs and Joy is erratic in her discussions (sometimes she's spot on; other times she checks out).

Edited by AdeleDazeem
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, msrachelj said:

whoa. what has that got to do with it? i don't get your logic. i'm not racist. she is an american. jeez.  no one is disputing the history of how most black people got here. she never lived in africa. hence . american.  

I'm so sorry if it feels like I implied you're racist.  That was so not my intent.  I'm just pointing out that it's a unique group of people.

44 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I think Whoopi is confusing what Cambridge Analytica did with identity theft.

One of my pet peeves is most of them can't even pronounce this company's name.  Meghan and Sara call it Cambridge Analytics, Whoopi probably doesn't even get that close.  Sunny properly identifies and maybe Joy a well.  It's a tiny thing, but again it takes away from their attempts to properly make a point.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

"Baby pundits" ??? Where'd she come up with that? And unless these baby pundits just so happen to have a war hero senator dad and lots of money, not so sure her advice means much.

She wants so bad to be relevant and she is epically failing. 

• Love 11
20 hours ago, maggiemae said:

I'm going to give Sarah a lot of slack - working and a new born and a terrible two? 

Not me! I hate it when coworkers can't attend a work meeting because of "the baaaaby." They can't attend  a Saturday work function because of "the baaaaby." What about me? I sit through these (unpaid) work functions because my kids are teens?

8 hours ago, msrachelj said:

i agree with her. most of us born here don't call ourselves irish-american, italian-american, spanish-american, etc.

You're right.

Yet Mexican-Americans are commonly referred as such.

5 hours ago, junebug said:

What or who is Megan always glancing at while she is talking or when the camera is on her?

At herself on the screen?

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I sit through these (unpaid) work functions because my kids are teens?

Or because one has NO children and receives none of the perks, accolades, showers, time off, etc.   Don't look at me!  I raised two boys on my own since they were 8-10.  I probably had excuses.

• Love 6