Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E01: Eden

CooperTV

In the fifth season premiere, Clarke struggles to survive on desolate, scorched Earth while her friends in space come across a long-awaited beacon of hope.

Except for the fact that Clarke has been "struggling" in the only non-scorched valley of plenty left on the planet, that had sufficient resources for 2 people for 5+ years.  So, not so scorched.

23 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Except for the fact that Clarke has been "struggling" in the only non-scorched valley of plenty left on the planet, that had sufficient resources for 2 people for 5+ years.  So, not so scorched.

The first fifteen minutes of the episode at least

Spoiler

is a flashback before the Eden valley.

• Love 2

I'm starting to wonder why I'm still watching this. So far, it's mostly because it's on after The Flash this year.

So this year's villains are hot, young psychos. It's probably just as well because the original cast is getting older.

• Love 1

That was pretty bad -- the Praimfaya was hot enough to boil the ocean dry, but somehow didn't touch the tires on the rover.  Or damage the solar panels on the rover.  Or melt off all the insulation on all the wiring on the rover.  And somehow managed to skip over a massive area like the Shenandoah Valley (it's a really big area if you can see it if from space).

I don't think the writers know what 'geosynchronous orbit' means -- since most geosynchronous orbits are around 25,000 miles up, not a couple of hundred miles up.

And since when is Ally's island in line of sight of the shoreline ? In fact, on the maps from last season, Ally's island was about a hundred miles off the coast of New Jersey.

I like that the head of the Statue of Liberty is still on fire in the credits.

What stopped Praimfaya ?  Why isn't it still circling the planet ?  Oceans don't stop it.
And why isn't EVERYTHING highly radioactive ?

Shouldn't the rain be chock full of radiation from all the radioactive ash pumped into the sky ?  It's ok for Clarke and Madi to drink since they are nightbloods, but not everyone in the bunker.

Aside from the algae farming and different haircuts, the crew on the space station look like they have been there for about 5 minutes, not 5 years.  

Clarke's tantrum in the desert before finding the green valley was just ridiculous.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 6

Well, the first half of the episode was pretty much a love letter for Clarke/Eliza Taylor fans, since she was pretty much the only person on screen.  Glad to see that Praimfaya really hasn't change her too much: right down to finding out that the one guy was actually trying to help Madi, but she's still basically "Eh, better be safe then sorry!" about it, and caps him.  Classic Clarke!  With her mentoring Madi for six years, I'm sure she'll grow up to be a well-adjusted adult!

I really hope we get a flashback to the gang in space, because it sounds like some shit went down!  Including Murphy and Emori breaking up, which as far as I'm concerned, means that love is truly dead.  They were so perfect together!  At least Harper/Monty are still strong, right down to her supporting him despite his inabilities to make algae taste good.  Oh, and Bellamy/Echo are a thing too, but we'll see how long that last once Bellamy and Clarke reunite.

From the brief glimpse we got of the bunker, Octavia has basically created Thunderdome.  Hey, if you have to borrow from a franchise, there are worst choices than Mad Max!  Hopefully, Octavia is Furiosa and less Immortan Joe though...

Looks like Tasya Teles (Echo) is the only new name in the credits this season.  I did like how everything was pretty much on fire in the new credits.

As with most The 100 episodes, I just want more Raven.  Especially if she keeps snarking on Murphy.

• Love 4
(edited)
36 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Oh, and Bellamy/Echo are a thing too, but we'll see how long that last once Bellamy and Clarke reunite.

I sure hope Bellamy and Echo wouldn't break up for Clarke or anyone else since this season chronologically lasts for couple of hours (I think) and it would make Bellamy look like a tool. Plus, Jason Rothenberg said there's not going to be any love triangles on the show. So... Becho is here until the end of the season, Bellarke is not going to happen, for obvious reasons of it not going to happen ever. And it's way better than the crap drama love square that was created in NBC' Timeless

Spoiler

where the female lead jumps from one guy to another in the space of two episodes because one guy's dead wife come back to life and the other guy's dead wife doesn't.

Edited by CooperTV
  • Love 2
(edited)

It wasn't bad. It was completely over-hyped, especially Eliza Taylor's acting (she's so one-note all the time, I can't stand it) but overall it was tense and interesting. The cinematography and the visuals were all stunning. My favorite part was the SpaceKru, of course. I liked Becho and Bellamy and his relationships with everyone are just perfect so far.

Edited by CooperTV
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, CooperTV said:

It wasn't bad. It was completely over-hyped, especially Eliza Taylor's acting (she's so one-note all the time, I can't stand it) 

I didn't mind her acting in the earlier seasons but I'm afraid I agree. Still, the script is so ridiculous she's forced to create an emotional response to something that's supremely silly. I have seen her in something else (a movie, I think?) and I don't remember thinking her acting was so strained in that.

5 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

That was pretty bad -- the Praimfaya was hot enough to boil the ocean dry, but somehow didn't touch the tires on the rover.  Or damage the solar panels on the rover.  Or melt off all the insulation on all the wiring on the rover.  And somehow managed to skip over a massive area like the Shenandoah Valley (it's a really big area if you can see it if from space).

So if the Rover was buried straight away then it would have survived intact. I have no idea why the sand wouldn't have glassed over though. If the oceans boiled away (which I think takes a long time btw) then the sand would not have been sand anymore. Also, that sand would have gotten into all the electrical systems. So, yeah, the Rover would have survived but even if she could dig it out, the electrical systems would have been fried. I'm not going to touch on the EMP issue. 

The valley thing is ridiculous. Even if Praimfaya skipped over it (?) radiation doesn't go through in a wave and then disappear. 

What stopped Praimfaya ?  Why isn't it still circling the planet ?  Oceans don't stop it.
And why isn't EVERYTHING highly radioactive ?

This.

Shouldn't the rain be chock full of radiation from all the radioactive ash pumped into the sky ?  It's ok for Clarke and Madi to drink since they are nightbloods, but not everyone in the bunker.

Also this. Also, acid rain. Does Nightblood protect against that?

Aside from the algae farming and different haircuts, the crew on the space station look like they have been there for about 5 minutes, not 5 years.  

Except Murphy got weirdly hot. Like, weirdly hot

Also, I didn't understand Bellamy and Murphy's fight at all. ??

So this year's villains are hot, young psychos.

The main female leader is familiar. She's been in something else where I felt she over-acted. A lot. 

Edited by AudienceofOne
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, AudienceofOne said:

Also, that sand would have gotten into all the electrical systems. So, yeah, the Rover would have survived but even if she could dig it out, the electrical systems would have been fried. I'm not going to touch on the EMP issue. 

I also don't get how Clarke managed to retrieve the rover/fix its solar panels after it had broken down. This is the huge plot hole.

22 minutes ago, AudienceofOne said:

Also this. Also, acid rain. Does Nightblood protect against that?

I think it was specifically designed to withstand this level of radiation.

24 minutes ago, AudienceofOne said:

Also, I didn't understand Bellamy and Murphy's fight at all. ??

Bellamy wanted for Murphy to admit he's not worthless, by having a friendly scuffle with him, I guess??

• Love 1
4 hours ago, CooperTV said:

I sure hope Bellamy and Echo wouldn't break up for Clarke or anyone else since this season chronologically lasts for couple of hours (I think) and it would make Bellamy look like a tool.

If he loves Clarke more than Echo then I don't think it makes him a tool. Fact is, he spent six years trapped in a tin can with like five other people. Under those conditions you're pretty much settling (unless you're Monty and Harper). It's like a character on BSG said, "How many of us ended up with the people we really wanted to be with? Got stuck with the best of limited options? And why? Because the ones we really wanted, really loved, were dead and dying, or turned out to be Cylons and they didn't know it." Now, no one on this show is a Cylon but you catch my drift. 

This season will take place over the course of a few hours only? ...That's stupid.

4 hours ago, CooperTV said:

Plus, Jason Rothenberg said there's not going to be any love triangles on the show. So... Becho is here until the end of the season, Bellarke is not going to happen, for obvious reasons of it not going to happen ever. 

Rothenberg has said a lot of things but I hope he was telling the truth that time because I fucking hate love triangles. Just break them up and don't kill her, tho that seems to be his favorite way of dispatching love interests (Wells, Finn, Lexa, Gina). A romance started off screen involving a major character is a romance that isn't going to last. Tv 101. I doubt this show is going to rewrite that rule.

Why is Bellarke obviously not happening? I'd say the opposite is true, tbh. 

• Love 7

I thought Bellarke was clearly end game. Also, if it isn't canon that he's in love with her then I've missed something. The problem with an end game ship in this kind of show is that they throw so many obstacles in its way that in the end you don't care anymore. I've long been a Bellarke shipper but even I don't give a crap anymore and I'm not one of the Clexa shippers they screwed over.

As long as they don't fridge another one of his girlfriends I'm willing to let it play out+

+They're going to fridge another one of his girlfriends, aren't they?

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, slf said:

If he loves Clarke more than Echo then I don't think it makes him a tool. Fact is, he spent six years trapped in a tin can with like five other people.

I would buy it, except for the fact that the writers created a situation when Bellamy now knows Echo for six years longer he ever knew Clarke, who he had known for about 8 months, and more than a half of that time they were separated. I mean, I used to ship Bellarke but after season 4, Clarke's actions towards Bellamy and the constant baiting I just don't care anymore. I want Bellamy/Echo to actually work the way it's supposed to work for people who were friends for six years.

23 minutes ago, AudienceofOne said:

I've long been a Bellarke shipper but even I don't give a crap anymore and I'm not one of the Clexa shippers they screwed over.

Yep, same.

24 minutes ago, AudienceofOne said:

+They're going to fridge another one of his girlfriends, aren't they?

I hope not, as much as I hate Echo, she doesn't deserve the fridging. Plus, I think Rothenberg loves her more than he cares about Bellamy as a character, so she's probably here to stay.

• Love 1

I've long been a Bellarke shipper but even I don't give a crap anymore 

It is literally the only reason I'm still watching this trash heap. Know that Rothenberg you dumb mofo. 

• Love 1

I know it's stupid to ask questions about things that make no sense in this show, but one of the things that bothered me was how Clarke got out of the leg trap and (more important) why the wound didn't get infected since she presumably has no access to antibiotics or even sterile bandages. Does nightblood protect her from all illnesses and heal all injuries? I thought it  was mainly designed to protect against radiation. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Paloma said:

I know it's stupid to ask questions about things that make no sense in this show, but one of the things that bothered me was how Clarke got out of the leg trap and (more important) why the wound didn't get infected since she presumably has no access to antibiotics or even sterile bandages.

I'd fanwank it as her knowing the aseptic technics, like sterilizing bandages by keeping them in boiling water and use moss or some herbs as antiseptics.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CooperTV said:

I would buy it, except for the fact that the writers created a situation when Bellamy now knows Echo for six years longer he ever knew Clarke, who he had known for about 8 months, and more than a half of that time they were separated.

I get that, I do. But the thing is, I've known a lot of people for more than fifteen years and I'm not in love with any of them but I have been in love with people I knew for less than a year. That's not how feelings work and especially not on this show. Look how they wrote Jasper and Maya. Her death broke him completely and he knew her for like two weeks. Clarke and Bellamy have been through everything together; building that camp, protecting the 100, fighting the reavers, the first assaults by the grounders, getting out of Mt Weather, learning to work with the grounders, etc. He and Echo sucked down algae for six years; if this season does take place over a day, and I'm right and their relationship doesn't survive the season, then basically the entirety of their relationship is summed up with a timestamp: six years later. Becho is canonically the "...anyway" of romances. 

21 minutes ago, blixie said:

It is literally the only reason I'm still watching this trash heap. Know that Rothenberg you dumb mofo. 

Yeah I'm just here for Clarke, Bellamy, and Bellarke. I care about no one and nothing else because none of it makes sense.

I truly despise Octavia as a character so I am not looking forward to seeing her again.

• Love 4

So, I could have liked this episode more, if I wasn't horribly distracted by all the inconsistencies. 

I will start off with Bellarke. I was never a shipper. I like their friendship, but I never got the whole endgame vibe from them, especially after season 1. Clarke and Bellamy stopped sharing as many scenes during seasons 2 and 3 anyway, so I never thought they were going to be this epic couple. Yes, they worked well together in season 1, and yes they became really good friends. They just never announced any sort of romantic feelings for each other (as far as I remember from my binge watch, Clarke and Bellamy have never had any declarations of love), so I don't really see that starting right now (though I accept that they're a popular couple that the show may throw together for the fans). I just see another Teen Wolf ship baiting stuff (their queer baiting for Stiles and Derek, another pairing who I never saw romantic entanglements with). 

So, with Clarke communicating with Bellamy over the radio for six years, I saw it less as a romantic reason, and more that Clarke didn't want to be driven crazy at first with being alone, so she chose to try to communicate with one of the people in space, and the only person she was super close to was Bellamy. And even with Madi showing up in her life, she still chose to continue the tradition. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it until the show says otherwise! 

I didn't mind the first half being about Clarke (and Madi). I think Eliza Taylor is an ok actress, but the plot she was given here WAS rather ridiculous so I can't blame her for not selling it well. Madi's a good character. I adore Lola Flanery, though. She's a very talented child actress so I think she was good with what she was given, which was also ridiculous. 

The space stuff was the most interesting, although I still question how the Ark is so well put together after being blown up. I know, I know, plot contrivances, just like Clarke being able to survive for six years. Though, once again, typical 100 fashion, they're throwing Murphy under the bus. Six years later, and despite it seeming like Murphy repaired some of his relationship with Bellamy, he's still the outsider of the group. Whether he chose to isolate himself or the group decided to shun him at one point for whatever reason remains to be seen. Seriously, why is it that Murphy is the black sheep after all these years? They keep treating him like the worst character ever. Why couldn't any other character in space be the odd person out? It's always Murphy! And now him and Emori are done for reasons I don't understand. I also assume it's a recent break-up, or else the hostility after six years makes little sense, other than to make it blatantly clear to the audience that something went wrong there. 

Murphy and Raven remain my favourite characters as well. I also like Harper and Monty, so that helps, and I like Emori. Echo's one I knew was getting together with Bellamy, so there was no shock there. I also don't expect them to last the full season. 

The bunker stuff doesn't interest me in the slightest so I'm glad it was only kept to the last minute of the episode. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, CooperTV said:

.....this season chronologically lasts for couple of hours (I think) ...

Reveal hidden contents

where the female lead jumps from one guy to another in the space of two episodes because one guy's dead wife come back to life and the other guy's dead wife doesn't.

Seriously? Only a couple of hours? That seems kind of crazy. (I couldn't figure out how to delete the spoiler box above, sorry!)

Sigh. I'm a Bellarke fan so a whole season of Becho (even if it is just a couple hours) is very meh to me. Seems like another way to stall and waste some good chemistry with Bob and Eliza. I don't understand why Rothenberg is so afraid of giving those two a romantic relationship. They're already as codependent and loving as two people who aren't getting horizontal on the regular (and aren't related) can possibly be.

This season is clearly going to be super violent/all about fighting and I'm not really feeling that. I worry they're going to focus on war so exclusively they forget all about character bonds and development. The Octavia/bunker fight club doesn't seem promising.

Clarke's screaming in the desert was painfully bad. 

This is so negative. Okay, what did I like...? Spacekru's team spirit and the ribbing between Raven and Murphy. I am excited it's back even if I have a lot of reservations.

Edited by taragel
  • Love 4
(edited)
39 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Six years later, and despite it seeming like Murphy repaired some of his relationship with Bellamy, he's still the outsider of the group.

From the episode it was clear to me Murphy was isolating himself from the group because of his own issues. Probably for the same reason he and Emori broke up. He and Raven seems to be bickering like old friends, and Bellamy tried to fight with Murphy about his self-worth. The biggest enemy of Murphy among the SpaceKru seems to be Murphy himself.

1 hour ago, slf said:

I get that, I do. But the thing is, I've known a lot of people for more than fifteen years and I'm not in love with any of them but I have been in love with people I knew for less than a year. That's not how feelings work and especially not on this show.

Unfortunately, on this show people hook up with people who participated in killing of their previous love interests. And over 8 months on the ground Clarke had two love interests (one of them was "love of her life", aka Finn Collins) and a person she was hooking up with for two months before the end of the world, and Bellamy had series of hook ups and a serious relationship during the same time. And never at any point Clarke noticed Bellamy in that way. Again, because they were separated more than they were ever in the same room together. But agree to disagree on the Bellarke stuff.

12 minutes ago, taragel said:

This season is clearly going to be super violent/all about fighting and I'm not really feeling that. I worry they're going to focus on war so exclusively they forget all about character bonds and development. The Octavia/bunker fight club doesn't seem promising.

They have a lot of characters and not enough time. I'm convinced it's going to be a nonsensical drama for the sake of plot twists, and whitewashing Octavia the Death Queen.

Edited by CooperTV
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, CooperTV said:

From the episode it was clear to me Murphy was isolating himself from the group because of his own issues. Probably for the same reason he and Emori broke up. He and Raven seems to be bickering like old friends, and Bellamy tried to fight with Murphy about his self-worth. The biggest enemy of Murphy among the SpaceKru seems to be Murphy himself.

That's what I thought, but I wasn't fully sure. Though, six years have passed, so I was really hoping for Murphy to be closer with everyone, as we've already seen Murphy isolated from everyone except for a couple (mostly by his own hand) for the entire series. I just wanted to see some change. But, unsurprisingly, there's only minor predictable changes (a break-up, a new couple in Bellamy and Echo, an established couple probably going to get engaged or something at some point, and then Raven) so that's a bit disappointing. 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, taragel said:

Yeah, that Thunderdome/fight club scene really turned me off, and I'm also not thrilled about the setup for criminals (and guards? I can't tell who is who) from the prison ship fighting Clarke and the other survivors from last season. I'd much prefer to see flashbacks and new plotlines on what people did over the last 6 years to survive and what they will do to rebuild society going forward. But that's probably not this show.

• Love 3

FWIW, I don't know the exact source but I believe there is footage taken from a con or something like that where Eliza says she hates Bellarke. Don't know if that's true and why she would piss Off a part of the fan base though. 

Also I worry cause they refuse to make Chelsey Reist(Harper) a Regular that she may be killed off which I hope not. I adore her and Monty as a couple and as their Own Characters and I don't want to see Monty suffer more PLUS she s great eye candy lol

Edited by jay741982

I stopped watching this show at the midway point of the third season, so I binged it to watch the premiere. Nothing much has really changed about this show it's still all over the place. I would've rather seen more of Clarke raising Madi then watching Clarke run around screaming at things. I see Cana from Banshee became a prison guard or prisoner I wasn't really clear on who was what. 

After six years, Murphy still hasn't learned to accept himself. On that space ship there's only 6 other people, maybe learn to join in once in awhile. 

I also never got some epic love between Bellamy and Clarke and still don't. I see a deep friendship born out of the need to survive. I don't care who Bellamy ends up with I just don't want Echo to die so he's free to be with Clarke or see Bellamy giving heart eyes to Clarke while Echo watches. 

yeah, Eliza Taylor did say she didn't like Bellarke, which she is allowed to have an opinion she should know that would piss off fans and probably kept that opinion to her inner circle of friends and family. Although I can see how getting asked about Bellarke almost every fan you see would start to get annoying, she doesn't write the show and she can't say what's going to happen. That's why when I meet celebs at cons, I never talk to them about their show. I always talk about something else and it's funny how much they want to talk about something else that I get to talk to them longer than most do. 

• Love 3

I know we only got a glimpse of what is going on in the bunker and maybe it won't be as bad as it looks but is having people fight and possibly be maimed or killed the best idea when you have a finite population and are going to have to rebuild the human race?

• Love 2
(edited)
10 minutes ago, snowwhyte said:

I know we only got a glimpse of what is going on in the bunker and maybe it won't be as bad as it looks but is having people fight and possibly be maimed or killed the best idea when you have a finite population and are going to have to rebuild the human race?

I think Octavia possibly enforced the Hunger Bunker Games rule because they were stuck in the bunker a year too long. So, they want to reduce the population.

Also, as I always say, "Forget it, Jake, it's The 100". Nothing makes sense, everything in the show is about ~hard choices and ~survival, and screw logic.

Edited by CooperTV
  • Love 1

I thought this was a pretty solid start to the season.  A little too on-the-nose expositionally in places, but that's to be expected in a season opener, so I'm willing to overlook it.  

Not crazy about Bellamy/Echo being a thing, but I'll endure it.  I like Echo well enough as a character that I don't want to see her thrown under the bus, and if Bellamy's happy I'm happy, so....

I cry like a baby every time I watch Jasper die, so I found the box of mementos really touching.

I'm willing to wait and see just what was going on in the bunker before I pass judgement.  For all we know this could be their method of dealing with murderers/rapists rather than they threw some Gladiator style games because Octavia was bored that afternoon.  We'll see.

I don't have a problem with Madi being a fierce hunter/wild child when Clarke found her.  This was only a couple of months after Praimfaya, and Madi had obviously not been a part of the Nightblood group being trained (because Ontari killed them all not that long ago show-wise) so it's believable that Madi had been kept in hiding and/or learning how to fight to survive for years already.  She also would have been very distrustful of anyone who might have come looking for her, which is why she reacted the way she did to Clarke at first.

12 hours ago, AudienceofOne said:

The main female leader is familiar. She's been in something else where I felt she over-acted. A lot. 

Ivana Milicevic has been in a lot of one-offs. I saw her in an episode of Las Vegas.

7 hours ago, CooperTV said:

Unfortunately, on this show people hook up with people who participated in killing of their previous love interests.

Yeah this show's almost flippant approach to murder is pretty maddening. Or would be if I were remotely invested. 

1 hour ago, AudienceofOne said:

I never thought Clarke looked at Bellamy that way but Bellamy has been very obviously in love with her for a long time now. 

My guess is this season is her turn.

• Love 1

Ah this stupid dumb show. At least by now I’ve conditioned myself to ignore The fact that nobody in the writers room knows how science works so I’m more that happy to gloss over the random green area the radition wave forgot to hit.

30 minutes of Clarke was about 25 minutes too long. I agree with those who said Eliza is a somewhat limited actress and she just didn’t hold my attention for that long.

The spacers were fun. It was great to see my girl Raven learning some fight skills I really hope we get to see her put them into action this season. I’m kinda sad about Murphy and Emori, the relationship really provided the growth to his character and made me like him a lot more than I did in the beginning.

I was really hoping the time change would have killed a few more of the Polis crowd. They need to trim the cast a bit, there are just far too many people on this show, especially with the new players they’ve added.

My big wish for this season is they bring the groups together quickly. The past couple of seasons had too many people being split off into their own worlds for my liking. The cast is not full of good actors, it works best when they get to bounce off each other. Other than that, I hope Raven kicks ass as usual and actually gets some this season after presumably being the only single person on the space station for 6 years and that Murphy continues to snark everyone because that always amuses me.

• Love 3

So. Many. Questions.

I mean, the Shenandoah Valley isn't even that particularly deep.  That's the one green spot left in the whole wide world, instead of, say, some incredibly deep canyon or some place like Death Valley that's way below sea level?  Since apparently radiation moves in a straight line?    And all the creepy storms stopped at the not-very-high, mostly rolling Shenandoah mountains but not hte Himalayas?

Shenandoah, VA is nowhere near any decent-sized body of water, but yet Clarke is shown wailing in despair over some sort of giant dried up lake basin thing, before she climbs a tiny hill and sees the mysteriously magic valley.   

And if all the oceans and lakes dried up, where does the water come that feed the magically clean lakes and streams where they can drink the water?  Or produce rain to grow their crops?  

I'm happy this show is back, all the same, and I'll stick with it until its bitter silly end.  For some reason I care about these stupid, illogical, inconsistently written kids and their science-defying world.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, s-k-s said:

And if all the oceans and lakes dried up, where does the water come that feed the magically clean lakes and streams where they can drink the water?  Or produce rain to grow their crops?  

Did you see it rain? It totally rained. That's how clean freshwater sources work, right?

• Love 4
21 hours ago, CooperTV said:

I sure hope Bellamy and Echo wouldn't break up for Clarke or anyone else since this season chronologically lasts for couple of hours (I think) and it would make Bellamy look like a tool. 

It seems like it would be impossible to make the season be only a couple hours chronologically unless they spent a ton of time filling in what happened in the last six years via flashback.  With the pace they moved through Clarke's backstory in the premiere it seems like that is possible.  I'm guessing next week is what happened during the six years in the bunker.  I'm not sure we'll even see any of the six years in the arc.  Just how the scenes this episode felt to me.  It felt more like they'd reference in the present as they work through issues and reunions than playing it out the ark via flashback.

But if they somehow manage to make this season a few hours, I think Echo is done for.  I think in that case, the scene where Bellamy and Echo were talking about her history points to Octavia attempting to kill Echo.  If there is no chronological time to work things out between them this season, then I think Octavia will kill just kill her later in the season to create conflict between Bellamy and Octavia.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Well, the first half of the episode was pretty much a love letter for Clarke/Eliza Taylor fans, since she was pretty much the only person on screen.  Glad to see that Praimfaya really hasn't change her too much: right down to finding out that the one guy was actually trying to help Madi, but she's still basically "Eh, better be safe then sorry!" about it, and caps him.  Classic Clarke!  With her mentoring Madi for six years, I'm sure she'll grow up to be a well-adjusted adult!

From the brief glimpse we got of the bunker, Octavia has basically created Thunderdome.  Hey, if you have to borrow from a franchise, there are worst choices than Mad Max!  Hopefully, Octavia is Furiosa and less Immortan Joe though...

As with most The 100 episodes, I just want more Raven.  Especially if she keeps snarking on Murphy.

Well, Clarke wouldn't be Wanhedda if she hadn't saved Madi by killing the dude.

I'm down for the Octavia Thunderdome but I wonder when she became such a great warrior that everyone seems to fear her.  I mean, she'd only learned to use weapons for a short time before they went in the bunker.  I question why others (better fighters) didn't overthrow her while in the bunker.

Raven and Murphy are my favorites  I didn't see any limping from Raven.  Did her leg magically heal?

5 hours ago, dippydee said:

30 minutes of Clarke was about 25 minutes too long. I agree with those who said Eliza is a somewhat limited actress and she just didn’t hold my attention for that long.

Yep!  I was really close to turning this shit show off but it pulled me back when Murphy was still Murphying and Clarke Wanheda'd that dude.

I also don't get the Bellarke ship.  Never was a fan and saw them as friends, at times.  I wonder why people don't remember Bellamy tried to turn Clarke into that dude back on the Arc?  He handcuffed her even.  I was a Clexa fan and thought this show went downhill when she was killed off but I continue to watch, mostly because I've invested so much time.  Maybe this new crop of sky people will add a little life to this show.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Tvtimebomb said:

I also don't get the Bellarke ship.  Never was a fan and saw them as friends, at times.  I wonder why people don't remember Bellamy tried to turn Clarke into that dude back on the Arc? 

We do. That's where the "don't give a crap anymore" comes from. I mean, how many redemption arcs can one guy have? (ANSWER: One. Because the second one just involved everybody conveniently forgetting what he'd done wrong). It's true he's in love with her though and the show is always better when they're working together. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, AudienceofOne said:

I mean, how many redemption arcs can one guy have?

I don't mean to throw stones in glass house or anything. But how many redemption arcs Lexa had after forcing Clarke to kill her boyfriend, betrayed SkyKru and forced Clarke to kill Mt. Weather people, blamed her own decisions on Clarke, ordered Clarke to be taken prisoner, etc, etc, etc, and threatened to kill Clarke's people over and over and over again? I'd say Lexa had zero redemption arcs about all of that BS she put Clarke through, and since her death was an accident, not a pointed "This is what you deserve for your actions" moment, I'd say we shouldn't put Bellamy (who is, unlike Lexa, is still the male lead of the show) on pedestal. He definitely was called out 100% more times for his actions than any other character of the history of the show, including Finn Collins, who was just forgiven instantly by everyone, and Clarke was just sad she had to kill him, and Octavia Blake, who went on a murder rampage in season 4 and now is just another survivor who does everything for her people.

14 minutes ago, AudienceofOne said:

It's true he's in love with her though and the show is always better when they're working together. 

I'd wish I would say the same about Clarke but nah, she was never in love with him and never will be.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, slf said:

Yeah I'm just here for Clarke, Bellamy, and Bellarke. I care about no one and nothing else because none of it makes sense.

Add Raven to that list then I totally agree with you.

If this season is supposed to take place over a day then we're going to be getting GOT level fast travel.

• Love 1

Ivana Milicevic has been in a lot of one-offs. I saw her in an episode of Las Vegas.

She is fucking terrible. In everything I'ever ever seen her in.  Including this, she will be one note as hell just what the show needs a seasons long one note villain. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, blixie said:

She is fucking terrible. In everything I'ever ever seen her in.  Including this, she will be one note as hell just what the show needs a seasons long one note villain. 

I've only seen her on Banshee where she was okay-ish, the rest of the characters and the craziness of that show probably helped carry her though. And she played Selina Kyle's mom for a few episodes of Gotham, she was terrible and forgettable on that. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

And she played Selina Kyle's mom for a few episodes of Gotham, she was terrible and forgettable on that. 

Ahhhhh, that's where I recognized her from.  Thank you!

• Love 1

I’m reading here before I watch because I know this season will probably bug the crap out of me. So thanks y’all for watching and writing. I’ve made it this long with this show and I’m going to stick it out until the bitter end but I think it’ll take some gritting of my teeth. Ugh. Maybe I’ll save up the episodes so I can watch in a big gulp. 

I’m an occasional Bellarke shipper but I’m not tied to it so I don’t care too much what will happen. I guess that’s good. I’ve been over Clarke for a long time now so I’m sure that plays into it. 

I am the odd one out it seems because I like Octavia a lot. This show is pure fantasy to me. It’s so out there unbelievable and she entertains me. If I was going to crash land on a radioactive planet populated by people wanting to kill me and attempt to start a new life I would want to be her. 

• Love 2
On 26/4/2018 at 11:00 AM, CooperTV said:

I don't mean to throw stones in glass house or anything. But how many redemption arcs Lexa had after forcing Clarke to kill her boyfriend, betrayed SkyKru and forced Clarke to kill Mt. Weather people, blamed her own decisions on Clarke, ordered Clarke to be taken prisoner, etc, etc, etc, and threatened to kill Clarke's people over and over and over again? I'd say Lexa had zero redemption arcs about all of that BS she put Clarke through, and since her death was an accident, not a pointed "This is what you deserve for your actions" moment, I'd say we shouldn't put Bellamy (who is, unlike Lexa, is still the male lead of the show) on pedestal. He definitely was called out 100% more times for his actions than any other character of the history of the show, including Finn Collins, who was just forgiven instantly by everyone, and Clarke was just sad she had to kill him, and Octavia Blake, who went on a murder rampage in season 4 and now is just another survivor who does everything for her people.

I'd wish I would say the same about Clarke but nah, she was never in love with him and never will be.

Don't forget wanting Clarke to leave her mother to be bombed at TonDC or abandoning Clarke and her people to be tortured and killed at the hands of the Mountain Men. The showrunner's, and therefore characters', obsession with turning her into some messianic figure bugs the crap out of me. If anyone deserves to be remembered and put on a pedestal, it's Wells, who showed more decency and humanity in three episodes than anyone else but is sadly forgotten by everyone, including his best friend whom he came to the ground for... Can you tell I'm still bitter? 

As for this episode, I'm already tired of Octavia and I don't suspect it'll get better.

I like the actress who plays Echo but still find it ridiculous that Bellamy is in love with a woman who collaborated in his girlfriend's death which led to him killing 300 people. I'd rather have seen him with Raven or Murphy. Didn't Rothenberg at one point claim that sexuality is a lot more fluid in the show and everyone's bisexual? Am I misremembering? 

Raven continues to be the best thing about The 100.

Edited by shireenbamfatheon
  • Love 4

Stop trying to rationalize the science of this show. We are long past that. This is a TV show interested in the action & romance part so that is what we get and why we need new villains our heroes can fight. It is not a novel or an indie movie which would precisely be interested in the questions of how and why & in any non-romantic relationships. For example, I would have assumed that Monty & Harper would have had a kid in these 6 years. But in the end, all these discussions on "how to repopulate" isn't what the show is interested in. That is just window dressing, it's very much not a sci-fi show but rooted in our own current society.

Having said all that, I found the episode interesting. The beginning was a bit long, but I think it served the point well that Clarke had it better in Eden than the ones in the bunker or in space. And the station was clearly deserving more screen time. It's like they wanted to create mysteries by just not telling us what exactly happened... Oh, and I'm already fearful for the cute guy of the prison ship, you know the one they call intelligent and his two non-violent offenders...

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Tvtimebomb said:

Well, Clarke wouldn't be Wanhedda if she hadn't saved Madi by killing the dude.

I'm down for the Octavia Thunderdome but I wonder when she became such a great warrior that everyone seems to fear her.  I mean, she'd only learned to use weapons for a short time before they went in the bunker.  I question why others (better fighters) didn't overthrow her while in the bunker.

Octavia's grounder cred mostly stems from the fact that she 1) beat all the top warriors (or at least the ones who beat the other top warriors before she got to them) and 2) divvied up the slots among all the tribes because she was so over SkyCru. It's prison logic. You beat up the toughest person in the joint and no one messes with you.

2 hours ago, hertolo said:

Stop trying to rationalize the science of this show. We are long past that. This is a TV show interested in the action & romance part so that is what we get and why we need new villains our heroes can fight. It is not a novel or an indie movie which would precisely be interested in the questions of how and why & in any non-romantic relationships. For example, I would have assumed that Monty & Harper would have had a kid in these 6 years. But in the end, all these discussions on "how to repopulate" isn't what the show is interested in. That is just window dressing, it's very much not a sci-fi show but rooted in our own current society.

Having said all that, I found the episode interesting. The beginning was a bit long, but I think it served the point well that Clarke had it better in Eden than the ones in the bunker or in space. And the station was clearly deserving more screen time. It's like they wanted to create mysteries by just not telling us what exactly happened... Oh, and I'm already fearful for the cute guy of the prison ship, you know the one they call intelligent and his two non-violent offenders...

There's science that's made up for the show (magic fuel for escape pods and solar panels that can power a truck for a day) and then there's the crap that doesn't even make sense within the world of the show. Like, how does Clarke fix the rover with no spare parts? Or why does Clarke think sticking a parabolic dish on a radio will make it broadcast into space?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, shireenbamfatheon said:

Raven continues to be the best thing about The 100.

Raven has to have enjoyed the past 6 years since she wasn't repeatedly brutalized or shot or stabbed or threatened by the death of 1000 cuts.

• Love 1
(edited)
29 minutes ago, nosleepforme said:

And let's be honest, aside from Henry Ian Cusick, nobody on this show is overly incredible acting-wise.

The only cred Cusick has is his LOST thing, and despite everyone always hyping Desmond, he was pretty terrible in that role, IMO. The 100's most solid actor was probably Michael Beach.

Edited by CooperTV
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, ketose said:

Or why does Clarke think sticking a parabolic dish on a radio will make it broadcast into space?

Personally I find that charming.