Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

This was posted on Soap Ships by Blind Item Guy. If it's the same BIG who used to post on DD he is legit. I don't know if this is the same guy or someone pretending to be him but here you go. Marked spoiler just in case.

heard this is the board to drop without the nonsense? Well, it's been a long time. Got some items for you.

1. This soap underwent massive rewrites to two front burner story lines due to feedback and a little push from the network. When all is said and done and the aftermath is played out onscreen, two of the most notorious fan wars will be up and battling again.

2. This veteran actor was recently told by their head writer that there was no story at the moment being drafted for their character, despite being told differently by the executive producer.

3. With the recent TAU settlements on wage increases, out of the 4 remaining soaps, this one in particular will see the biggest amount of cuts and cheaper recasts. One has already occurred with a little tale spun to cover it up.

4. This former actor has been begged to return by former co-stars and the EP and writers to consider a return. The ongoing back and forth took place for years while the actor was on another soap. Good news for fans of this performer, they finally caved.

5 a. An easy one: This very green (NOT the jealous kind) newcomer has faired poorly in focus groups, but has garnered lukewarm reception online, for some reason, the writers are determined to make the character work regardless. An old fan favorite is being brought back and a typical soap opera trope (hint: an ill child) has been written in an attempt to change the tide for the newcomer and their character.

5 b. The fan favorite is being lured to sign a year long contract but is hesitant about being used and discarded.

Enjoy your weekends!

-BIG

#5, if it is true, is obviously about Ryan Paevey. Let's say it is true, I have no idea how Georgie being sick is gonna make HIM look more sympathetic, unless it turns out the reason she is sick is because Spin shook her or something.

1. This soap underwent massive rewrites to two front burner story lines due to feedback and a little push from the network. When all is said and done and the aftermath is played out onscreen, two of the most notorious fan wars will be up and battling again.

Is it too much to hope that they realized that Samtrick just isn't working as a romantic pairing (friends yes, lovers no) and they are finally going to have Patrick get a fucking clue and realize that something isn't right with Robin?

And I want a pony too.

• Love 1

Is it too much to hope that they realized that Samtrick just isn't working as a romantic pairing (friends yes, lovers no) and they are finally going to have Patrick get a fucking clue and realize that something isn't right with Robin?

And I want a pony too.

The pony can be done. The other request? Not so much.

And I may be in the minority, but any future Patrick concern is too little, too late. The damage has been done. I mean, really. You have Helena nearby. And NO ONE, aka Anna or Patrick, is going to ask her about Robin?

• Love 1

#5, if it is true, is obviously about Ryan Paevey. Let's say it is true, I have no idea how Georgie being sick is gonna make HIM look more sympathetic, unless it turns out the reason she is sick is because Spin shook her or something.

I can understand #5 being poor Ryan (and why the hell would the writers want to make him work, unless they're really all that hot for him?), but I'm with you; why would re-introducing Spinelli make Nathan take off? That's just going to fire up the Spixie fanbase hardcore and overtake him immediately. He is going to be dogmeat. The only reason to bring Spinelli back for at least a year is to try and go hard at a Spixie/Nathan triangle and probably reunite the original couple, which IIRC is what Ron wanted in the first place - Ellie was going to go under the bus - but Bradford wouldn't re-sign so they got a happy ending in Portland (which is where he should stay for the most part, IMO; it was actual mature progression for his character). Now that's back in play. The idea of Spinelli shaking the baby into a transplant story is sick and hilarious, though.

I live in hope that 5b is Our Laura. 2, OTOH, is classic GH, specifically classic Frank Valentini. He plays that game a lot.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 1

I suspect that #2 may be Finola, since Luke has a story, and I don't think Jane would really expect to get a story at this point. Could be NLG too but Finola seems more likely. The other vets are not on contract, so I don't think they'd expect anything

I mean, Alexis has a story IMO. It's stupid and currently being largely played for Ron's standard casual-disinterest junior high vet drama, but she also often gets high drama and action with the Julian angst. Finola, OTOH, I don't know what she's been doing other than taking the heat for Obrecht while Ron stubbornly tries to force us to love Gati, peddling plot alongside Big-Head Jordan and struggling to prop up crazed dayplayers (Sloane) and save Ian Buchanan.

I'm not sure they'd treat Finola that callously, but I've thought that before and been wrong. I did think it could be Lynn Herring, who has in the past expressed surprise and confusion about how Lucy and other characters in her sphere regularly disappear.

• Love 3

Here are my guesses (assuming they're all about GH):

1.) Sam/Jason/Patrick/Robin quad. They're dropping SamTrick to reunite Scrubs, which brings Carly back in the mix. Fans may have (I'm guessing ) hated Sonny/Carly reunion and SamTrick. Therefore let the Robin/Carly wars begin and the Sam/Carly wars begin. I'm guessing the transition will be Jason/Robin to Scrubs to JaSam to then crowbar Carly in. Why? Jason/Sam, Jason/Robin have big fanbases. Scrubs is a big fanbase. Carly incites the drama the writers want.

2.) Finola Hughes, Ian Buchanan, Lynn Herring, Jon Lindstrom. Take your pick. But I'll say FH or JL first.

3.) Obviously GH. The tale of KA wants to go to school, so we will have a new Kiki soon.

4.) I'll say Stephen Nichols (Stefan) due to the poll. Or TR, as I think contracts can be broken by JFP and he visited the set at Christmas. Hell, I'll be bold. Third option: we have Jason, so let's get AJ. SK, as he and Billy Miller look like brothers.

5.) Ryan Paevy is the green ass rookie, Bradford is the returning guy, Georgie the baby will be sick. Bonus guess: when Bradford out acts RP, ta ta Nate Dogg.

5. B) I'll say Genie Francis as well or Stephen Nichols.

*Side note for cheap recasts, we may just get Mark Lawson for Lucky after all!

Edited by Grrpants09

I suspect that #2 may be Finola, since Luke has a story, and I don't think Jane would really expect to get a story at this point. Could be NLG too but Finola seems more likely. The other vets are not on contract, so I don't think they'd expect anything

It says veteran actor, not veteran character which could mean in the business a long time not necessarily just GH. So I live in hope that #2 is ME. Crossing fingers, toes and everything I have.

The minute I read fanbase wars, I thought Sam/Liz.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 2

He actually tried out for the role of SLW years ago.

How many years ago was this?  When the curly-haired guy played him?  Or more recently, when that little orange guy was SLW?  Whichever, I can't believe either one of them got the role over NN.

I also hope #2 is about ME and not FH, LH, et al.  Whomever it is, why does FV play these games with people.  It's such a dickish, unnecessary thing to do.

It's unpopular, but I don't mind Ryan Paevy.  He's trying and seems like a nice guy in real life, and IMO there are worse actors on GH.

• Love 3

It says veteran actor, not veteran character which could mean in the business a long time not necessarily just GH. So I live in hope that #2 is ME. Crossing fingers, toes and everything I have.

The minute I read fanbase wars, I thought Sam/Liz.

Fan wars can also be Y&R with the Sharon/Nick/Phyllis Wars.

#3 is obviously GH and KA is the tale.

I'm hoping #4 is SN, but that he's returning to Days. I don't want GH getting anymore of my favorite toys to break.

Edited by sometimesfan
  • Love 2

IIRC Nolan North auditioned in the mid-2000s, when the very cute Shaun Benson got the part and then was quickly backburnered and fired (rumored to be in part because of personal issues). I may be wrong, NN could've tried out for the Reeves return, but Nolan North has since become a massive voice-actor star in the gaming industry and, I believe, has trashed his soap work more than once. The dude is the voice of about a zillion megaselling video games and animated characters. I seriously doubt he is coming back.

• Love 2

Plus isn't Nolan one of the parents on PLL?

He's Spencer's dad on PLL. They never show the parents, let alone hers. He's been on less times than well um let's just say Morgan reads books more than Spencer Hastings sees her parents. Plus, with the show being on ABC Family and GH on ABC and block taping for GH then it could happen.

... Mark Lawson as Lucky

Now that is Fan February worthy! If they announce on Monday that they're bringing Mark Lawson on as Lucky then I will stop talking shit for like maybe a full week.

Watch it just be that fucking Spinelli is coming back, which everyone already knows and which is horrible news IMO. Or even just the poll winner, which everyone knows will just be Courtney anyway.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5

5 a. An easy one: This very green (NOT the jealous kind) newcomer has faired poorly in focus groups, but has garnered lukewarm reception online, for some reason, the writers are determined to make the character work regardless. An old fan favorite is being brought back and a typical soap opera trope (hint: an ill child) has been written in an attempt to change the tide for the newcomer and their character.

Because they want to find more ludicrous shirtless situations for him to be in? 

• Love 2

I have read rumors that it is Dr. Chris Ramsey, the old PC's son who was a doctor on Night Shift.

I don't know who that is but there was a spoiler that another doctor was subbing for Drake.  Can't be Silas or Lucas or Dr. O so...

There are two things I can think of (although how either would work, who knows, but that's never stopped Ron before...)  1 - Nathan is somehow the one responsible for saving Georgie.  How that would work would depend on what medical issue she has.  2 - Spinelli and Maxie are such utter shits to him that he comes out looking like a good guy by virtue of how awful they are to him.  Like I said, I don't know how either would work, but those are the only two ways I can think to make him look better in the given circumstances.  

And I want a pony too.

When they say it's more than one fan base war, it makes me think that we're not just going to get one war.  If this is definitely about GH, my guess is we're going to get some story line where we end up with Scrubs/Samtrick/JaSam/Liason all battling, maybe with some Jarly and Carson thrown in and maybe, maybe, some LiRic.  Of course, let's be honest, we all saw that being how things shake out anyway.   I can't imagine that that would be a re-write.  They've clearly intended to do this all along. 

Scrubs/Samtrick/JaSam/Liason all battling, maybe with some Jarly and Carson thrown in and maybe, maybe, some LiRic.

I would take Scrubs out of that, though. Unless KMc comes back for good, everyone should know that's over. Even if she's back for as long as a year, Scrubs will end. Patrick/Robin will never be a real option unless JT leaves, IMO. That's why it's still cute and kinda weird, lol, that Scrubs fans out there are still very passionate. Like, I was shocked at how many Kim/Scrubs questions JT had to answer in that live chat with BM. I blame Ron for not cutting the cord.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1
I would take Scrubs out of that, though. Unless KMc comes back for good, everyone should know that's over. Even if she's back for as long as a year, Scrubs will end. Patrick/Robin will never be a real option unless JT leaves, IMO. That's why it's still cute and kinda weird, lol, that Scrubs fans out there are still very passionate. Like, I was shocked at how many Kim/Scrubs questions JT had to answer in that live chat with BM. I blame Ron for not cutting the cord.

I don't think that Scrubs will get a lot of on air play, but I do think that it's still likely that whatever they do will rile them up, even if it's just based on how dismissive of Robin the show is while painting Patrick as being head over heels for Sam. 

• Love 1

According to my cableguide, on Monday "Tracy confronts Helena." I'm really looking forward to this. Even if the scenes are only 15 seconds long and leave major issues unaddressed, I know Jane & Constance will bring it.

• Love 3
That's why it's still cute and kinda weird, lol, that Scrubs fans out there are still very passionate. Like, I was shocked at how many Kim/Scrubs questions JT had to answer in that live chat with BM. I blame Ron for not cutting the cord.

I'm one of them - I really think (and if you read my fanfic, you know what I am talking about) that there are at least a dozen different ways they could have handled her leaving and still created a great story that didn't completely destroy the character of Patrick.

I still believe that they can do something that makes sense and actually in character but it is just wishful thinking that they would actually do it. Hell, even if KMc was only recurring and became a staff director, they could at least give the pairing some closure but right now Patrick is a clueless douche who is ignoring everything he has ever known about the love of his life. It is frustrating as a fan.

Sorry, but to me Samtrick is like Nathan and fetch - no matter how hard they try, it's never going to be a thing.

• Love 4

I don't think that Scrubs will get a lot of on air play, but I do think that it's still likely that whatever they do will rile them up, even if it's just based on how dismissive of Robin the show is while painting Patrick as being head over heels for Sam.

Oh, totally. I'm already preparing myself for "Robin: BAD, Patrick/Samtrick: GOOD." Especially after JT said, "Robin has some explaining to do." Um, you mean explain that she was a prisoner...again!?

I'm one of them - I really think (and if you read my fanfic, you know what I am talking about) that there are at least a dozen different ways they could have handled her leaving and still created a great story that didn't completely destroy the character of Patrick.

I still believe that they can do something that makes sense and actually in character but it is just wishful thinking that they would actually do it. Hell, even if KMc was only recurring and became a staff director, they could at least give the pairing some closure but right now Patrick is a clueless douche who is ignoring everything he has ever known about the love of his life. It is frustrating as a fan.

Sorry, but to me Samtrick is like Nathan and fetch - no matter how hard they try, it's never going to be a thing.

I totally understand and I'm with you. It's extremely frustrating to know how easy it was to just give them closure. It wasn't necessary to destroy the couple (in terms of their history; I'm OK with them ending, as that's how soaps roll) and Patrick. At all.

It's especially frustrating because, and I've said this before, Robin is a non-factor in Samtrick. All of this current story could have been done without Robin in captivity, once again.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

I'd rather Jason be like "Yeah bitches I'm Jason." Then push past them to make out with Robin, pausing only to punch Sonny and Patrick in the face, break the happy meal toys, hug his mom, and high five Micheal. And I want Spencer to go to boarding school with strict nuns.

Oh btw, I'm thinking whatever Fluke is for Nate Dogg's dad. Because Ron loves to dip his toes in the incest waters. Gross.

• Love 4

When they say it's more than one fan base war, it makes me think that we're not just going to get one war.  If this is definitely about GH, my guess is we're going to get some story line where we end up with Scrubs/Samtrick/JaSam/Liason all battling, maybe with some Jarly and Carson thrown in and maybe, maybe, some LiRic.

If this happens I don't know what I'm going to do. Out of those seven people I like four of them so for me this would be just too much. Too many people I like, too many people I don't like. Just an unnecessary clusterfuck.

• Love 1

Same here. If it's GH, that seems to be the fanbase war to end all fanbase wars.

Which I never understood. Sam will always win the dude in the end. Since she's been on canvas, she's been the writers' main chick. Her and Carly.

• Love 1

Nathan/RP has grown on me over the past year. I could have done without him having to know a bunch of languages (it was really Ron trying way too hard) but I like this kind of he-man type character and we do not have enough good guys on GH as it is.  Ron and Frank tend to wreck good guys but they seem to be making an effort to balance things out with Nathan. So I hope both the actor and the character stick around.

I just don't see how Kiki can even expect to get Avery over her own father if her mother is dead. I mean she has no home or job. And it would look bad on Michael to try and help Kiki keep a child from her natural parent when that is his big issue with Sonny.

I've never felt doing the same thing you despise someone for doing is a good look on anyone. I hope that is not what happens.

I mean to me Sonny and Ava were both pretty equally bad people so if Ava is a fit parent then so is Sonny. I don't see how Alexis would think Kiki would stand a chance.

If they go with some story where Kiki and Michael get married to make Kiki look like a viable option I might gag a little. It would def be a terrible story.

I've been saying for months - Michael will eventually raise Sonny and Ava's baby and do to Sonny what Sonny and Carly did to AJ. If that happens, it'll go a long way to restoring my own faith in this writing team esp after the literal 'get out of jail' free card Sonny was handed.

• Love 6

On a show where none of the younger males are really setting the world on fire for their acting, I have no problem with RP's Nathan. I could do without the needless shirtless scenes, but that's Frank's and Ron's thing.  (See special note on Ford Bros. and gratuitous shirtless scenes on picnic tables)

• Love 1
I've been saying for months - Michael will eventually raise Sonny and Ava's baby and do to Sonny what Sonny and Carly did to AJ. If that happens, it'll go a long way to restoring my own faith in this writing team esp after the literal 'get out of jail' free card Sonny was handed.

Okay, I would totally love and support that.

• Love 2

Lillybee

If there is a custody fight between Sonny and whomever, I hope that the judge is Maxie's Judge. He will have a field day.

As in Maxie's Judge who is dating Monica Q?   Bwaaahaaaa! Sonny is toast!

Edited by linsav
  • Love 3

I will definitely need a trial on that. I wanted a Sonny on trial for AJ's murder. I demand everything come up. Dammit this will be amazing.

"Is it not true that you murdered.... how many people, Mr. Corinthos? "

"And tell the court exactly how you got Mr. Quartermaine to sign his parental rights over to you. "

• Love 2

http://abc.go.com/shows/general-hospital/news/sneak-peeks/150209-february-9-general-hospital-sneak-peek?linkId=12209591

Liz demanding an explanation from Jakeson and rattling on about the 'Jake I knew' is rich. Lady, you NEVER knew him. You knew he was cute and funny. Based on that, you took him into your home with your children. But you never had the first clue who he was, and others tried to warn you about it, but you refused to listen. You instead that he was a 'good' man. So you have no room to yell at him for not being the man you wanted him to be.

• Love 8

No, there is apparently a secret Rosalie is keeping and Helena has figured out what it is, so Rosalie has to work for her or Helena is gonna blab about it. 

Honestly, whatever secret this is will I bet be nothing in comparison to the sheer time and build up they have attributed to it. 

Rosalie never made it to the boat because then there would have been Latina interaction with her and Sabrrrrreena, I don't think Helena give 2 poops about Sabrina or Carrrrrrrlos BUT since there has been zero scene time with the only other Latina in Port Chuck, there could be a connection to someone/something....even a Lilly/Miguel connection is plausible in the current "let's connect all people of like-race-and-ethnicity together" realm.

For the love of Dragons, can we just be done with Teh Seeekkriit?

Rosalie um killed a man in Reno just to watch him die. No wait.... Um, Rosalie is actually the Not Dead Clink Boom Baby because Ron loves Incest and it's really not incest because Michael Quartermaine. Hmmm..... Rosalie is Carrloss's sister?

Nah. Rosalie didn't do her taxes one time and ripped the tag off her pillow. Scandal.

Um, Rosalie is actually the Not Dead Clink Boom Baby because Ron loves Incest and it's really not incest because Michael Quartermaine. Hmmm..... Rosalie is Carrloss's sister?

I am still expecting to either Sabrina or Rosalie to be revealed as clink!boom baby.  

Whatever age or ethnicity has been established for them beforehand, nothing will stop Ron from changing these and any details to fit his story.  

Edited by Tiger