Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

It did? Shit! Fuck! Shit! &*(#$&*(&$#*($& $*($&*(#$&*(@#$&*(&$!!!

Want to know why?

Because 1984 was the year before Anna showed up in Port Charles.

Fuck! Shit! Fuck!!!!

I've seen some speculation that she's Carly's sister, so you might not have to worry.

Guza's stories weren't always coherent. I remember wanting to blow my brains out trying to diagram the Summer Holloway/Cassadine coins caper with Luke, Lucky and Nikolas one year. It made absolutely no sense. And then there was weird shit like Alcazar and Fake Lily, Dr. Thomas, the Two Sams, etc.

I've seen some speculation that she's Carly's sister, so you might not have to worry.

I just wouldn't be surprised if the show tried to make her related to Anna, Robert, etc, and then they hooked her up with Patrick. Wasn't that the rumor posted a few weeks ago? Or maybe they'll keep her with Nik now? I dunno. This show is looney tunes.

• Love 1

If Rebecca Budig is Carly's sister and she decided to dismantle Carly's life piece by piece...that might be okay.  Start by securing a loan and buying the MetroCourt out from under her, Rebecca Budig.

• Love 10

Guza's stories weren't always coherent. I remember wanting to blow my brains out trying to diagram the Summer Holloway/Cassadine coins caper with Luke, Lucky and Nikolas one year. It made absolutely no sense. And then there was weird shit like Alcazar and Fake Lily, Dr. Thomas, the Two Sams, etc.

I think Pruza became incoherent during network mandates, rewrites and EVERY F'ING TIME TG had a vacation despite the fact that they ALWAYS knew it was coming - but most of his stories were Jasus based so he took care

No one bats 1.000, but more often than not, I think Guza's stories had a beginning, middle, and end. Ron usually skipped the middle of a story.

I also think block taping didn't do Ron's stories any favors, especially when he moved to GH.

• Love 3

Knowing my luck, that just means that Anna had sex with Corbin Bernsen's character and that Carly and Hayden are half-sisters.

Don't go there show! DON'T. GO. THERE!!!!

P.S. Why can't I get tanker baby, instead?

Edited by Francie
  • Love 1

Especially Billy's comments that he "signed up to play Jason." He's going to play Jason, memories and all.

Well shit.  I was not sad when Jason was shot and rolled into the harbor and I was not waiting anxiously for his return.  I was holding out hope that a new version of Jason that was more Quartermaine-like than Borg might be interesting to watch but I have no desire to see Jason Morgan back to clean up after Sonny and Carly.  

Just no.

• Love 5

Well shit. I was not sad when Jason was shot and rolled into the harbor and I was not waiting anxiously for his return. I was holding out hope that a new version of Jason that was more Quartermaine-like than Borg might be interesting to watch but I have no desire to see Jason Morgan back to clean up after Sonny and Carly.

Just no.

I should have clarified. He didn't mean exclusively Jason Morgan. I believe he said that he hopes to play a Jason with both Q and M memories.

• Love 1

It would be nice if Jason told S&C that he had to die to get away from being their personal pooper-scooper, and then reveals that he remembers being a Morgan AND a Q and plans to be an EMT instead of their fixer/hit man/pregnancy pee-stick holder.

• Love 10

Well shit.  I was not sad when Jason was shot and rolled into the harbor and I was not waiting anxiously for his return.  I was holding out hope that a new version of Jason that was more Quartermaine-like than Borg might be interesting to watch but I have no desire to see Jason Morgan back to clean up after Sonny and Carly.  

Just no.

I suppose there's not point in using logic--but Billy Miller has been playing Jason as having emotions, and being more than the borg. The reason he turned into the borg was he had NO memories of Jason Quartermaine. He's been this nice guy, who, admittedly, when under the control of Helena, acted killer-like, but nowhere NEAR the woodenness or Borgification of Burton's Jason in all his glory. So I have a hard time accepting him turning into a wooden stone cold killer once he does get his memories back. Unless the new writers will have all his current and new memories disappear? It...does.not.compute.  If he keeps his new and current memories...there are people he cares about, loves, and what will the reason be for him turning them away and rejecting them like Burton's Jason did? Argh. I'm giving myself a headache just thinking about this and trying to write about it.

• Love 5
I hate the mob but what i really hate is the fact te bring old mob familys to town and the actual people they have histoy with it all ends up being about sonny.

I hate MB's inability to recite his dialogue amost as much as I hate the Mob and the Corinthos family.  Some slack would be given but he is not easy on the eyes either.

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 2

Just given the actor, I don't expect Jason to be wooden like he was before.  I just don't want to see him go back to being Sonny's enforcer and Carly's purse-holder.  I like the fact that he doesn't currently like Sonny (I am less thrilled with his BFF status with Carly).

HeatLifer, thanks for the clarification.  Maybe he won't go back to his old life.

• Love 5

Just given the actor, I don't expect Jason to be wooden like he was before. I just don't want to see him go back to being Sonny's enforcer and Carly's purse-holder. I like the fact that he doesn't currently like Sonny (I am less thrilled with his BFF status with Carly).

HeatLifer, thanks for the clarification. Maybe he won't go back to his old life.

Also, to further clarify, I meant to link to the Twitter account where I got that info, but the person has since deleted the account. I'm assuming because they were being harassed for info? But, anyway, this person supposedly won a lunch or something with Billy Miller and Elizabeth Hendrickson and that's where he said those comments.

This person also said she told EH she should be Robin, and also told this to Frank, who said it's a "great idea." This has now led to a Twitter storm of people clamoring for her as Robin. But, hilariously, it's mostly Sam/KeMo fans who want it, weirdly...or from what I've seen.

I don't understand why they're wasting time killing off the randoms and making that a story. So dumb.

I don't get it either. What happened to Dara, Kelly or Lainey? They were more integral to the show but simply disappeared one day without a word. Why should I care about newbies or randoms dying.

• Love 2

I don't get it either. What happened to Dara, Kelly or Lainey? They were more integral to the show but simply disappeared one day without a word. Why should I care about newbies or randoms dying.

Exactly. And especially at a time when the ratings are atrocious. Baffles me.

Now I love Kim McCullough and wish she'd come back to stay, but she's clearly moved on to something else that makes her happy.   So, I wouldn't mind Elizabeth Hendrickson as Robin at all.  If FV was so desperate to have Y&R "gets," he should have held out for her and passed on the awful Michelle Stafford

• Love 4

I just think if we have to have a Robin recast (which, right now, I'm for, if just to wrap up her arc), Rebecca Budig should have been Robin. She has the petite build, right coloring, etc. Elizabeth Hendrickson just seems wrong for the role.

I just think if we have to have a Robin recast (which, right now, I'm for, if just to wrap up her arc), Rebecca Budig should have been Robin. She has the petite build, right coloring, etc. Elizabeth Hendrickson just seems wrong for the role.

Well, if you believe rumor insider drops on DD, that's what Frank wanted. He supposedly "blindsided KMc and JT" (not my words) and brought Budig to be a recast, but ABC said no.

I'll personally always believe Robin should never be recast. They would never recast Luke. And, yes, I think there's a comparison there. The girl has been on the show for nearly 30 years.

• Love 4

I can't see TPTB at ABCD caring if they wanted to recast Robin, especially with a Soap Name like Budig.

I don't either, but mostly because I don't think female characters/actresses are as respected as the Tony Geary's of the world. I don't see them coming to the defense of KMc's history on the show, lol.

Edited by HeatLifer

Recasting Robin would be insane, and Rebecca Budig plays 'heroine' like she's being held at gunpoint. They tried it on GL when she was young and she flopped; they tried to make Greenlee into one and she was on autopilot for the better part of ten years.

• Love 5

I don't understand why they're wasting time killing off the randoms and making that a story. So dumb.

I'm fine with Sloane being killed off, because it could involve more characters more people care about (Anna, Nikolas, Felicia). Plus, I'd be fine with spending time on Sloane smarming some come on to Anna, Anna telling him, she was drunk as hell with alcohol and grief, takes a shower every time she thinks of that night, kicks him in the face, and sends him packing.

Well, if you believe rumor insider drops on DD, that's what Frank wanted. He supposedly "blindsided KMc and JT" (not my words) and brought Budig to be a recast, but ABC said no.

I'll personally always believe Robin should never be recast. They would never recast Luke. And, yes, I think there's a comparison there. The girl has been on the show for nearly 30 years.

I heard that Ron wanting to recast and Frank was the one saying no. I don't think anyone at ABC cares if Robin is recast.

• Love 3

I'm fine with Sloane being killed off, because it could involve more characters more people care about (Anna, Nikolas, Felicia). Plus, I'd be fine with spending time on Sloane smarming some come on to Anna, Anna telling him, she was drunk as hell with alcohol and grief, takes a shower every time she thinks of that night, kicks him in the face, and sends him packing.

I was less of a Sloane fan than a Silas fan. I'll leave it at that!

I heard that Ron wanting to recast and Frank was the one saying no. I don't think anyone at ABC cares if Robin is recast.

I have no idea. That's just what was posted on DD. Doesn't mean it's true, I take everything on there with a grain of salt.

I seriously don't trust Frank, though. I think he's always been shady on the subject. I.E. Look at how many people blame KMc for the situation. I've never seen her so personally insulted in my decades of watching this show,

• Love 1

Recasting Robin would be insane, and Rebecca Budig plays 'heroine' like she's being held at gunpoint. They tried it on GL when she was young and she flopped; they tried to make Greenlee into one and she was on autopilot for the better part of ten years.

On AMC she was a heroine the same way Carly is a good mom and Sonny is a good man on GH.  So not a fan.  While she's a real pleasure in interviews, on screen she always comes off as a smirky mean girl.  

Edited by boes
  • Love 1

I seriously don't trust Frank, though. I think he's always been shady on the subject. I.E. Look at how many people blame KMc for the situation. I've never seen her so personally insulted in my decades of watching this show,

Sure, but that doesn't mean he doesn't think it's a good idea to recast Robin. If that was his plan I think he would have tried to perpetuate her being at fault even harder; I think he just wanted to deflect blame for the poor story, not actually set up a Robin recast. But I'm just talking out of my butt lol.

KMc as Robin has brought in the ratings every time she returned. IIRC, none of the newbies or randoms have increased shit. Downward spiral.

I'm a Robin fan girl but I'm also a KMc fangirl. I've grown with KMc and Robin for 30 years. EH and RB would simply be imposter and I wouldn't cry one tear when the "real Robin" returns commercials run.

If TR has been moved to recurring on Y&R, than they need to have RobertFucking!Scorpio bring Robin back to PC so they can kick everybody's ass. Robin can then have shared custody with Patrick.

• Love 5

Sure, but that doesn't mean he doesn't think it's a good idea to recast Robin. If that was his plan I think he would have tried to perpetuate her being at fault even harder; I think he just wanted to deflect blame for the poor story, not actually set up a Robin recast. But I'm just talking out of my butt lol.

Sure. He could just be talking about the story. But, as I'm also talking out of my ass, my perception is just a bit different. I think by basically saying the Robin story won't be tied up until SHE is available and SHE is "busy," it's almost as if he's forcing fans to want a recast in order for the plot to progress. That's why you have so many people going, "Robin is NEEDED now." Whereas if they let her having an ending, like that male co-worker who dictated whatever he wanted, most wouldn't care if she was recast.

• Love 2

Ah, gotchya. Still, I feel like he would have pulled the recast trigger by now if that's what he wanted.

Yeah, I agree with that. I'm just never shocked by the decisions made on the show. I mean, look at what's happening now with the garbage ratings.

All this stuff about Frank wanting to recast Robin and all that is from HNY, a rather controversial figure in the world of anonymous drops, who apparently showed up to spew all sorts of things at Daytime Dish recently. He's been fairly critical of Ron in the last year or so after being obnoxiously supportive beforehand (telling some fans that they didn't understand storytelling when they complained about Ron's direction back in the OLTL days) and now that Ron's been let go he seems infinitely more critical of Frank than I've ever seen in my sporadic readings of his 'scoops.'

Is he reliable? He was once... he became very spotty after Ron and Frank moved to GH and I honestly haven't paid enough attention in recent years to really follow whether he's been accurate or not. 

I mean, recast rumors abound in this sort of situation anyway... but it's interesting to me that, suddenly, HNY is pointing out Frank as the one trying to set it up.

• Love 1

I also found it interesting because I specifically remember Budig RT'ing a fan saying she should be Robin like, right before it was announced she was joining the show months back. It all just makes me go, "Hmmm."

Edited by HeatLifer

I would have no issue with a TEMPORARY Robin recast for, like, A DAY, to establish she was no longer kidnapped by anyone and was going to have joint custody of Emma and live happily in Beechers Corners or wherever.

I have no issue with Sloane dying and Anna's sleeping with him never, ever being mentioned again. Ever. By anyone.

I don't think they are gong to make Hayden Anna's kid. Sweet lucifer, can't Hayden just not be related to anyone?? WHY MUST EVERYONE BE RELATED ON THIS SHOW?

I'm sorry I'm yelling, but for crying out loud.

• Love 4

What bugs me about Sloane being brought back on just to be killed is:  1.) They could just as well leave him off the show and never mention him again and 2.) Why is this show cleaning out the minor problems while leaving the big huge major ones (Franco, Nina, Dr. O, etc.) in place?  It's like they are putting a pinky-size band-aid on a sucking chest wound!

• Love 2

Jason's dumb ass probably won't get that mad at her, just like he's never gotten that mad at her when she does heinous shit. Or maybe they'll break the mold this time, I don't know. I hope so.

Whatever Jason has or hasn't done while he's had amnesia, he's been manipulated by a variety of people every step of the way, Liz included - after what "Jake" has been through, I can't blame him for wanting some semblance of perceived permanence and security with Liz and her sons. And it takes me a hell of a fucking lot to defend Jason on any level.

As far as I can recall, prior to this story, Liz has really only done one "heinous" thing that Jason would have any real right to be mad at her over - that mess with Danny's DNA test right before Jason died.  It's not like there's this longstanding pattern of Liz doing something heinous, and Jason just shrugging going "well, what are you gonna do?" and giving her an affectionate pat on the head.  That would be Carly. 

• Love 5

Just no.

I totally agree with you. The unholy three return, I'm outta here. been there seen this.

• Love 5

They haven't really hinted or gave away anything that suggests Hayden could be Robin or Emily, so I don't think that's it. Especially since her personality is so different from either of them. And she can't be Sarah, since Sarah was older than Liz-although I suppose the id could have a fake birthdate AND a fake name. Making her related to anyone seems to be something they decided after they made the decision to keep her. I don't think everyone needs to be related to someone, but generally speaking, most contract/relevant players are.  I'm voting Hayden is either Susan Hornsby-or a child Anna had with Faison. I get that it's totally unbelievable Anna would have his kid and it never be hinted at, but it's actually not if you consider that she'd hide/give away the child to protect it from him. And if Carly can exist, after years of Bobbie being onscreen and no references to her having/giving away a child EVER before, then it can be true of Anna, too.

Supposedly Nathan Varni said last night that they are trying to use the Q's more. I don't get what that means, really. If you're going to use someone, you do it. Same for if you're not. "Trying to" just sounds to me like a slick PR response to avoid actually addressing the issue. I'll believe it when I see it. I do HOPE it's true, and well, hope never costs anyone anything.

Supposedly Nathan Varni said last night that they are trying to use the Q's more.

I feel like "We love the Q's, we want to use them more" is like a running joke at this point.  I remember Guza said it when they brought in Maya.  Ron said it when he took over.  And now Varni.  But the Q's always end up disappearing or dying or not getting air time.  It's bunk.

• Love 4

I feel like "We love the Q's, we want to use them more" is like a running joke at this point.  I remember Guza said it when they brought in Maya.  Ron said it when he took over.  And now Varni.  But the Q's always end up disappearing or dying or not getting air time.  It's bunk.

It's the GH equivalent to Jimmy Kimmel's "My apologies to Matt Damon for running out of time."

• Love 3

Based on comments by Varni, Uncle Frank and various spoilers and rumors, I'm pretty sure I'm going to get my wish that Hayden is Emily.

If that happens, Emily will be portrayed by an actress 6 years older than the Jason actor! grr. I really wish they would be more consistent with this stuff.

• Love 1

Based on comments by Varni, Uncle Frank and various spoilers and rumors, I'm pretty sure I'm going to get my wish that Hayden is Emily.

Nikolas: Hey Emily, remember that time when we thought your name was [Rebecca Budig] and I laughed about you being a whore.

ReEmily Budig: Hi-larious!

• Love 5