Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

from ye old Happy New Years (a gossip person of dubious reputation, who used to have a really good information but the last couple of years not so much)

Heard a rumor today JP/SA may be only interim head writers.

Don't tease me like that . . . I still think it'd take either Sri Rao, The Labines, or Harris & ValJean to really save the show; maybe Broderick.

• Love 1

haha, you know if it's true it's gonna be someone horrid.

I think I can deal with anyone but McTavish or this Dena Higley person

Shh!   I could swear I saw a rumor the other day that Higley might be on her way out at Days.  I don't even want to contemplate what she'd do to GH. 

from ye old Happy New Years (a gossip person of dubious reputation, who used to have a really good information but the last couple of years not so much)

Heard a rumor today JP/SA may be only interim head writers.

Just as long as it's not Bob Guza.

And sadly, I've been thinking lately that I could stand to see Guza back around. I miss his romances and his sweeps. Not his love of all things CarSason though. We really can't ever have nice things.

• Love 6

Oh, come on, ulkis. You know you love his maniacal laugh.

I wonder how legit this rumor is. I'd like to at least see JP/SA material before I decide if we should move someone else in. Not that I have any say in the matter whatsoever, but still.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 1

Is Stavros the product of inbreeding?

I don't know. Stavros always seemed like an OTT villain to me.

JZ still looked like herself. It's sad when you compare it to what she looks like today. CT looked like she had had a recent facelift in that episode, she looked better this year.

Stavros didn't get completely cartoonish until Robert Kelker-Kelly took over. I'm sure that was a deliberate choice.

I thought he was a little scary when he was pretending to be Lucien Cane and dating Carly and stalking Gia. Didn't he also snap Chloe's neck?

I liked Chloe and Stefan, too. She came along at a good time for the show, which had been pretty doom and gloom. She was light and fun and harmless. I get why she was written out, but she didn't have to be strangled by Stavros. But that was Guza for us.

• Love 2

I posted this in the press thread but I want to put it here too because I want to talk about in regards to a spoiler

This picture LW posted is ridiculous.

https://instagram.co.../?taken-by=lwjw

It's like, look at Carly's bright smile! Ha-ha! They killed someone last year but now they're finally happy after they got over the hurdles of law enforcement trying to separate them by trying to convict them for the unjustifiable murder and cover up they committed. Ha-ha!

There is a spoiler saying (I'm like 99% sure on it, but not 100%), that Sonny is going to get shot and go into a coma. I didn't even like AJ! And it's like, hello? Sonny put a man in a coma last year and he died and now I'm supposed to feel bad, like this is some sort of tragic circumstance and poor poor Sonny and all his family should rally around him and love him? GIVE ME A BREAK. 

• Love 14

Sonny shot? Did he dive in front of Carly or TJ? ;) Because if that spoiler is true, you know that's how it'll play out. Or the shooter will be a known Jerome assassin, leading to Julian once again being wrongly accused before dying in a hail of bullets courtesy of Sonny's henchmen.

• Love 1
leading to Julian once again being wrongly accused before dying in a hail of bullets courtesy of Sonny's henchmen.

If Julian was smart, when Shawn was accused of shooting Greenlee, he should have paid some low level flunky to confess to the crime, keeping Shawn out of jail and free to continue on as Sonny's main hit man.  It's just safer for Julian that way. 

• Love 7

If Sonny does get shot and put in a coma what I wouldn't give to see someone stand over him and tell him to die already.

Of course that won't happen because Sonny is a good mobster with a heart of murdering gold.

• Love 6

http://tvsourcemagazine.com/2015/08/general-hospital-spoilers-august-24-2015-edition/

hmm, I wonder if the lack of spoilers (seems less than usual) is due to stuff getting changed/cut

When is Anna getting back already >:(

ETA: vomit at this spoiler:

Carly and Sonny bond over their love of family.

I was getting soft on the murderer and the accomplice but the hate is returning

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
Morgan rejects his parents’ request to seek help.

I'm shocked!

Will Dante and Nathan discover who really killed Silas?

Will anyone, onscreen or off-, care? I'm a Silas/Michael Easton fan, and I couldn't care less.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

article about morgan possibly being bi-polar

http://w11.zetaboards.com/SoapyShips/single/?p=8439383&t=11218183

eh? what? Morgan didn't sleep with Denise on a whim. She looks like his ex-girlfriend who he never had a chance to have closre. If anything, he slept with *Kiki* on a whim. "Hey, you're not doing anything, I'm not doing anything, let's have sex!"

He [Maurice] sort of walks me through it, so I can play it as truthfully as possible.

hmmmm.

• Love 5
Though Morgan has always been impulsive, his behavior of later "is very erratic," BC points out, "and he's kind of all over the place and he does things on a whim, like sleeping with Denise and shaving his head," which was, he says, "a choice FV and I made as part of this story."

Morgan's shaved head hasn't been mentioned by anyone onscreen, has it? So LOL about that, BryDog. It's summer and hot as hell—if I could get away with shaving my head, I would.

And word on sleeping with Denise. If she didn't look like Ava, he probably could have kept it in his pants. ("Probably" because he is Sonny's son.)

• Love 3

Morgan's shaved head hasn't been mentioned by anyone onscreen, has it? So LOL about that, BryDog. It's summer and hot as hell—if I could get away with shaving my head, I would.

I don't know if he has strictly gotten away with it, heh. I agree with someone who said it makes him look more idiotic and more thuggish at the same time.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

Who are these people?

~GH viewer from 2012

OK fine, James Franco's Franco was on then but still. Talk about doubling down on all the hateful, loser characters.

I predict a 380,000 demo rating for that week.

Shit, I had a strong feelings the demos were going to drop to the 380,000 level, but I thought with the huge drops already it wouldn't be the shitastic week coming up.  The one with nothing but Kiki, Ava, Kiki, Franco, Ric, Madeline, and Kiki. 

I mean, the previous low before this 17-week period started was something like 496,000.  As much as I lampoon this show, there has to be bottom, doesn't there?

If something happened on this fakakta show, maybe people would keep watching.

Oh, I think lots of things happen on the show. It's just all rushed and out of nowhere* or happening to people most of the viewers don't care about. Anna killed Carlos. Dante cheated. Silas died. Sonny and Carly are getting married. Luke left permanently.

But half of the way those things happened were contrived beyond belief, and absolutely no one in town cares Silas died and there's only one suspect who has any kind of significant tie to the show (Morgan), and he's become such a wretched character it's hard to care.

Lots of things are happening to Kiki - dad died, boyfriend and mom cheating on her, mom is hiding from her, and next week most of it is gonna come to light - except I don't give a damn about Kiki's feelings, and don't care about her reaction about any of this, and I'm willing to bet most of the audience feels the same.

*Except for the Jason stuff.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

I hear you, but it all seems so been there/done that, that it really does feel like nothing's happening.

Luke left again, but he's been doing that for years.  And ABC network execs and Tony have already talked about him coming back.

Sonny and Carly are getting married for the fifth time?  That doesn't feel like anything's happening.

Anna shot and killed Carlos, but we've seen so many people come back from the dead, it doesn't feel like we can be sure it even happened.  Plus Anna left town right after, so it's out of sight out of mind.  At least when we, the viewers, were led to believe that Anna shot and killed Faison it meant something.  Killing Carlos, as gloriously OTT he could be, was another ho hum event.

This show is now like South Park the moment when Kenny is killed. We've seen it.  And we know we'll see it again next time.

This show truly needs to throw out the current storyline scripts.  Cancel the September hiatus and get every GH-related character (you sit your ass down, though, Franco) back to work.*

Want to regain fan loyalty? And our willingness to believe in a fictional world called Port Charles? Make us care and start believing that things matter?  Start with a serial killing of the Ron Carlivati created characters starts NOW, and they all. freakin'. stay. dead.

Edited to add

*I know how crazy that sounds. But I keep hearing from the cast -- the cast! -- that Frank is so like Gloria Monty.  Well, guess what, faced with this situation, there's no doubt in my mind that Gloria would be throwing out every script and re-writing every scene and story on the fly. Who cares if you stay on budget if you're canceled?

Edited by Francie
  • Love 14

I hear you, but it all seems so been there/done that, that it really does feel like nothing's happening.

That's what I'm saying. Stuff's happening, but it's all so poorly done it doesn't matter/people don't care.

I don't even understand why they would want Luke back unless Geary agrees to shut his mouth up and let his character have significant interaction with Laura. 

• Love 4

I'd like to keep and rehab Valerie, though. She's a biracial Spencer, GH is shit at diversity and I think the actress is capable.

Jordan too - if she's demoted to Dante's partner when Anna is reinstated. They can investigate Plywood's death together

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2

I'd like to keep and rehab Valerie, though. She's a biracial Spencer, GH is shit at diversity and I think the actress is capable.

I'm torn about her because of that. But with no Luke or Lucky, the Spencers don't really seem like a cohesive group anymore anyway. Ugh, they should have made her and Lulu friends first. Maybe they can say the sex between her and Dante was a pot induced hallucination. Start fresh with her. And then she and Dante can have sex again and start the story again. "Hey the sex we had in our pot fueled dementia was great, let's try it for real."

• Love 2

Oh, Brydog. It's so cute how you keep saying you shaved your head for the story. We all know it was an attempt to hide your bald spot.

When is Anna getting back already >:(

Week after next. And of course it's to talk about skeevy Sloane. Let's get him the hell out of town or whatever.

• Love 3
(edited)

Edited to add

*I know how crazy that sounds. But I keep hearing from the cast -- the cast! -- that Frank is so like Gloria Monty. Well, guess what, faced with this situation, there's no doubt in my mind that Gloria would be throwing out every script and re-writing every scene and story on the fly. Who cares if you stay on budget if you're canceled?

Who?? Were they actually there when Monty was around? SMDH. Recently, KMc posted a pic of Monty directing, stating how she was the first female director she saw. I'd buy the above statement from her and her only.

The ratings areally going to continue to slide with all these pathetic spoilers. They need to kill off all these randoms except for Brad, Jordan and maybe Valerie (because we do need diversity) and bring on Robin, Robert, back from the dead Georgie and AJ.

It's sad when I watch B&B and see more GH characters than I do on GH.

ETA : they can add Laura, too.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 2
Who?? Were they actually there when Monty was around? SMDH

Yes!  I think Tony, Finola, and Ian have all said it.

[Monica Gellar Bing voice] I Know!! [/Monica Gellar Bing voice]

Edited by Francie
  • Love 1

I'm not at all encouraged by the reports of the Corinthos family "once again" being front and center.  Are Sonny and Carly supposed to be the new Edward and Lila or something?  Good god, meet the new crap, same as the old crap. Ugh.  The only Corinthos I'd have any interest in seeing front and center would be Dante.

Well, I basically agree with you about Dante. That said, I think the Morgan-has-BPD storyline has legs. I think Laura and Maurice can bring it (when Mo remembers his lines). I hate the mob story, but I mostly hate the mob story when Sonny is untouchable. I will never understand why, once Ron wrote Michael as winning custody of baby AJ, he didn't also write Sonny as divesting himself of his mob businesses, so he could get his baby back (and maybe prove himself to Michael). It was the perfect opportunity to free us of this crap.

I agree with this.

Essentially, I thought it was a mistake not to put Jason and Sam in each other's orbits. They are the story, in my eyes, love or hate them. Jason "died" loving Sam, being married to her, and wanting their family. You can't just pretend that's not there.

And it didn't help that Patrick and Sam (to me) have snoozeworthy chem. That could have been a good story and then Jason pops up.*

*And Robin shouldn't have been a part of this at ALL. She should have gotten an off-screen happy ending and that's that.

I think Patrick and Sam's chemistry is fine, but once they resolved the Patrick-Is-A-Amateur-P.I. storyline, the didn't give them anything else to do except shag and talk about Jake Frigging Doe.

Yeah, and they could have done this whole scenario with Liz without her knowing he's Jason. She could still dread that random Jake Doe would be taken away from her by remembering a new family.

I think this Liz/Jake-son story would have been so much better if Liz didn't find out Jake = Jason until after he'd proposed and she accepted. I think her actions would be far more understandable. This junk we're getting is just character defamation.

I would make Liz lose custody of her kids, for a while at least. This Jake shit proves she shouldn't be raising a Chia Pet right now. She'd have to work to better herself and get them back. And Teen Cameron (Joey Luthman) would happily waltz out the door. There is also no way she can keep her job.

Oh, I would never make Liz lose custody of her kids. I don't even see how this makes sense as a payoff.

So far but Jake Doe is Jason Morgan as much as Jason Morgan was Jason Q. Which is to say, not at all. Knowing he was Jason Q didn't automatically turn back into a Q. Why should knowing he's Jason turn him back into Jason? He is Jake and he loves Liz. He'll understand that she loved him too much to let him go. Haha, I know I will be blasted for this opinion but so what?

No blasting, here. I love Liz (but I also love Sam and don't give a damn about either ship). I do hope that Billy Miller's Jason is some combination of Quartermaine and Morgan.

It did? Shit! Fuck! Shit! &*(#$&*(&$#*($& $*($&*(#$&*(@#$&*(&$!!!

Want to know why?

Because 1984 was the year before Anna showed up in Port Charles.

Fuck! Shit! Fuck!!!!

I don't understand. Please explain this to me, like I'm Morgan.

from SZ:

This is from CD's script that was shown on his periscope. Morgan must be in the hospital.

"I'll call her as soon as we get an update- I'm hoping I can tell her you're going to make a full recovery. Mom is right outside. She wants to see you but she made me come in,first. (MICHAEL'S EMOTION RAMPS. ANGER AT WHOEVER DID THIS...)

uh-oh, is Brydog in a recast coma? Okay probably not but it would be funny.

Or it could be Sonny he's talking to. ew.

I'm thinking MF might know some spoilers. He did the same thing to DZ back in a January interview, he was all, "maybe Dante will get a girl from his past soon!" Subtle, Fairman. Subtle.

I think this might be TJ.

Back in Gloria Monty's day, they taped only about 2 weeks ahead of time.  They'd tape an entire's show script, barring location shoots, on a single day.  Gloria was able to track trends in near real time. If the ratings went up, they'd keep featuring who they were featuring, if they went down, she'd make adjustments.

The current block taping schedule where they are constantly having dark weeks, even multiple dark weeks, is killing them. I think they were dark two weeks in July and they are dark again for multiple weeks around labor day.  They get so far ahead in taping that they can't make adjustments in time. This type of schedule has hurt Days, too.  Days is now several months ahead in taping.  So, if the viewers aren't reacting well to a storyline, there's nothing TPTB can do about it.  It's still going to run its course for months.

That's not to say that FV doesn't dig his heels in about things that obviously don't work.  He's still trying to make Franco happen.  They only get about a month or so ahead, so they could have adjusted the Jason storyline months ago. Frank and Ron have been too stubborn and they haven't shown the ability to be able to accurately critically assess their work product.  But the taping schedule for daytime has changed quite a bit since the 80s and 90s.

I also don't think that just revealing Jake as Jason is a panacea to anything.  If there's one thing this show does worse than the reveals, it's the fall out. What fall out?  There never is any! Every few weeks we're "treated" with an event that changes Port Charles forever -- except it never does.  No matter what happens, no matter who dies, who is tortured, or who comes back from the dead, everyone just shrugs their shoulders while Franco cracks wise and Nina repeats her lines.

I'm glad you mentioned DAYS, because they're far worse than TFGH in this department. They tape 5 to 6 months in advance of air date and it is killing the show.

Okay, there's an article in one of the magazines where MB is talking about if Sonny and Laura hooked up the only woman Sonny has had that is like Laura is Lily, and he and Genie work well together and it could be an interesting pairing. Good Lord! They wouldn't actually try that, would they??  

I threw up in my mouth a little, and then a lot, and then couldn't stop. Never mind. I'm dead of vomiting. UGH!

"Morgan's surprised by what he learns" -  "Over, under, around, and through..."  No more velcro for him! 

LMAO.

• Love 2

but once they resolved the Patrick-Is-A-Amateur-P.I. storyline, the didn't give them anything else to do except shag and talk about Jake Frigging Doe.

I dunno, I get what you're saying, and a lot of people bring up Jason being the reason Samtrick are X, Y, or Zzzzzz, but their boringness and repetitiveness started way earlier for me. All they did in the first half of the friendship-turned-relationship was talk about Patrick's beard or call each other "adventure buddies." Their entire pairing was the opposite of "show, don't tell."

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1
General days, maybe TJ gets shot too but I think Michael is talking to Sonny. He wouldn't refer to Jordan or Carly as just "mom" to TJ and he wouldn't be filled with raaaaage.

Oh, I would never make Liz lose custody of her kids. I don't even see how this makes sense as a payoff.

She can get them back in time. I just think Liz has gone far beyond the pale as a character and needs to suffer real consequences for her choices. In real life, anyone who was a party to some of the things she's done would have her whole life overturned. This isn't her first rodeo, and I think it's clear her psyche has gone so askew that I don't think Liz had any business raising a houseplant right now.

• Love 6

there's only one suspect who has any kind of significant tie to the show (Morgan), and he's become such a wretched character it's hard to care.

I know Ava's a horrible person but I would much prefer Morgan to be the killer than her.  Maybe its just that I find Maura West much more interesting to watch than BC but if one has to go, I would rather it be Morgan. 

• Love 5

I know Ava's a horrible person but I would much prefer Morgan to be the killer than her.  Maybe its just that I find Maura West much more interesting to watch than BC but if one has to go, I would rather it be Morgan. 

Don't be silly. Whatever gave you the idea that someone has to "go" if they kill somebody?

Even to cover up a secret that's exposed within a week. ~Ava

Even out of cold vengeance, directed at the wrong person. ~Sonny #MyBad

Even to avenge the death of cat (errr, I mean one of the deaths of a cat). ~Anna

Even when it's NOT a split personality. ~Luke

Even when it's a day player no one but me remembers. ~Julian

Edited by Francie
  • Love 5
the Spencers don't really seem like a cohesive group anymore

None of the families do, because we never see more than one or two of them together at the same time. They're all off in their own bubbles. Every time Carly talks about her brother Lucas, I have to stop and think how that is. 

What's the point of making everyone related if you're not going to take advantage of those connections? Gah.

• Love 8