Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

(edited)

I don't think bringing back Jake absolves Luke from killing him the first time. (Now there's a sentence you can only write about a soap!) Luke was still drunk-driving and being an asshole—Jake ultimately living doesn't change that. Luke's suddenly going to care? I want him to finally come to terms with being a drunk-driving asshole, not give him a way out like this.

But ultimately it is all about plot, so it's pointless for me to get upset. If GH is around three years down the road, Ron will probably kill Jake all over again so that Billy Miller can get an Emmy. The original story was (unsuccessful; heh) Emmy bait for Burton.

I'm pretty sure Billy Miller is fleeing for the hills when his contract is up (or Y&R, take your pick).

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

Lucky is coming back with Liz' jail free card? LOLOLOLOL!

I'll also never want to hear how Jake was roadkill so Sam will procreate. Or how Liz paid for her horribleness by losing her child.

Lastly, I am all for anything that binds Jiz for life.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'll also never want to hear how Jake was roadkill so Sam will procreate. Or how Liz paid for her horribleness by losing her child.

I don't think it was so Sam could procreate. It was all about Jason. If Guza had decided he wanted Sam to have a baby with Patrick I don't think they would have killed Jake off.

Hee. Hell yeah.

But I'm genuinely more sad about what they're doing to Dante. Once again, this show chooses the most despicable route possible.

I will say, I am pretty mad that Dante does it in the loft. Go fuck yourself buddy. That's an insult to the Lante version I actually really cared about. Lulu should burn the place to the ground. Fuck the other people in the building lol

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

I will say, I am pretty mad that Dante does it in the loft. Go fuck yourself buddy. That's an insult to the Lante version I actually cared about. Lulu should burn the place to the ground. Fuck the other people in the building lol

They should have a crazy arsonist storyline, so the loft and Robin's house can both go up in flames.

• Love 2

They should have a crazy arsonist storyline, so the loft and Robin's house can both go up in flames.

TG would have loved for that to be Luke's swan song - literally burning PC to the ground on his way out the door. 

• Love 8

Well, they best recast Jason again.

Fuck no. Dump his ass back into the PC River. He never should've left there to begin with. GH doesn't need Saint Borg the Holiest of Hitmen! And if Child Jake does come back, we can have BOTH Liz and Sam going on about having "pieces" of him, etc.

Great.

Not.

(As a rule, I hate killing soap kids, but what was done was done, IMO. This is just Jiz fan service.)

On another note: Dante actually cheated already? In his house? Welcome to the rest of the PC male population, Dante. I guess his father's genes won out.

• Love 11

I'm not even a Jason fan, but I didn't sit through more than a year of this story not to see a payoff from it. If Billy leaves and they don't recast, I'm done. It means the show feels like it has absolutely no responsibility to finish stories or to make actual fucking sense.

• Love 3

It's over, though? It happened. It's years later. Undoing it doesn't change Luke for me. It's a cop-out, if anything. And didn't Ron already try to excuse Luke's behavior with the DID-esque crap and the killing of the parents and what not?

That's where I am with it. OK, so Jake's alive. But Luke still behaved the way he's behaved for the past several years? He's still unremorseful; he's still an alcoholic who doesn't care about his sobriety; he still hasn't changed anything about himself. So this feels far too much like an 'all's well that ends well, nothing to see here' pointless retcon. And it doesn't take away any of Luke's sins as far as I'm concerned.

• Love 5
(edited)

I'm not even a Jason fan, but I didn't sit through more than a year of this story not to see a payoff from it. If Billy leaves and they don't recast, I'm done. It means the show feels like it has no responsibility . . .  to make actual fucking sense.

I think the show got to that angle a while ago. "Because it's a soap" does not wash. In some instances, sure. Not all of them.

I really do think Ron is writing like someone who is in a panic.[/armchair psychologist]

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7

I think the show got to that angle a while ago. "Because it's a soap" does not wash. In some instances, sure. Not all of them.

I really do think Ron is writing like someone who is in a panic.[/armchair psychologist]

Ron needs to realize that the only thing, IMO, that will possibly raise the ratings a bit IS the Jason reveal. They need to get to that ASAP.

• Love 2

I understand that writers can't control if an actor decides to leave at the end of their contract.  But...a responsible writer who knows how long an actor is signed for should be able to complete at least one story line for the character before the actor has the chance to skip out.  If Ron can't get his Jake is Jason story completed before Billy bolts (if he does), I will laugh and laugh.  

• Love 10

Considering Billy looked like he wanted to die at the Nurses Ball, I'm betting he will try to get back on Y&R.

I don't watch Y&R, but from what I've read, JFP and Pratt are sending that to the sewer, just as they did GH. So it would be a lateral move on Billy Miller's part if he wanted to return there.

• Love 1

I don't watch Y&R, but from what I've read, JFP and Pratt are sending that to the sewer, just as they did GH. So it would be a lateral move on Billy Miller's part if he wanted to return there.

At least he'd probably get paid more.

When is his contract up?

(edited)

You keep on with the Patrick stuff, I'll take care of the Dante stuff :fist bump:

And i got both 'yo backs!

It makes me physically ill the way Ron has totally decimated what were two of my favorite characters. I guess on the bright side at least, Ron hasn't had either one have sex with Magdalena :shudders and wonders whose grave Rick Hearst urinated on:

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 5

I would laugh for days if BM left before RC finished this craptastic Jason story. 

It'll just be another round of, "We had a GREAT story planned for Jason! But with Billy leaving, we just didn't have time!" Rinse and repeat.

• Love 9

And i got both 'yo backs!

It makes me physically ill the way Ron has totally decimated what were two of my favorite characters. I guess on the bright side at least, Ron hasn't had either one have sex with Magdalena :shudders and wonders whose grave Rick Hearst urinated on:

There's still time!

How in fuck's sake can they bring back a kid who was hit by a car, then was brain dead so he can donate an organ, and then buried and mourned? Are they kidding me with this shit? All the people they brought back had no body recovered so it was plausible. The writers are a bunch of idiots.

• Love 3

If Jake is alive - with all that entails, more Luke glorification, then my trip to the Barge will most likely be permanent.  I just don't care.

And the back from the dead trope has lost all possible meaning.  Years ago, soaps might have one murder a year, and it would be a storyline that involved most of the cast.  And it was usually pretty good.  And people rarely if ever came back from the dead.  If they did, it was only when their deaths were ambiguous to begin with.

So, what the hell, Show.  Bring back whoever it is we miss!  Hey, nice to see you, Lila!  Lookin GOOD, Dr. Hardy!  and both of you are only 150 years young.

And since this is Ron C., I guess Det. Kitty will discover ALIVE! Georgie pole dancing for Sonny, and Alan is a talking-head-in-a- box with Senor Wences.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..................................

• Love 8
(edited)

How in fuck's sake can they bring back a kid who was hit by a car, then was brain dead so he can donate an organ, and then buried and mourned? Are they kidding me with this shit? All the people they brought back had no body recovered so it was plausible. The writers are a bunch of idiots.

Hah. This post made me think of Soapdish.  Remember Whoopi's rant about how they couldn't bring back Kevin Kline's character, who had been decapitated?

"He doesn't have a head!"

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 4
(edited)

They'll probably bring back Jake just to kill him again. 

If a character dies for bad story telling purposes (like the majority of the Qs) I'm ok with them coming back.  Like AJ.  The character was screwed and his rising from the dead should have been to fix what the writers previously f'd up.  But bringing characters back, then not knowing what to do with them and then killing them off again - just a waste of time all around.

Edited by ch1
  • Love 6

It'll just be another round of, "We had a GREAT story planned for Jason! But with Billy leaving, we just didn't have time!" Rinse and repeat.

Isn't that reserved for recurring GH vets who suddenly get contracts from competing soaps?

*backs away slowly* 

If Jake is alive - with all that entails, more Luke glorification, then my trip to the Barge will most likely be permanent.  I just don't care.

And the back from the dead trope has lost all possible meaning.  Years ago, soaps might have one murder a year, and it would be a storyline that involved most of the cast.  And it was usually pretty good.  And people rarely if ever came back from the dead.  If they did, it was only when their deaths were ambiguous to begin with.

So, what the hell, Show.  Bring back whoever it is we miss!  Hey, nice to see you, Lila!  Lookin GOOD, Dr. Hardy!  and both of you are only 150 years young.

And since this is Ron C., I guess Det. Kitty will discover ALIVE! Georgie pole dancing for Sonny, and Alan is a talking-head-in-a- box with Senor Wences.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..................................

I mean, it was one thing in the beginning. Guza certainly had no problem giving countless characters seemingly permanent deaths (complete with bodies) that seemed next to impossible to reverse, whether they were longtime vets, legacy characters or short-term roles. It was constant. It's just that Ron has gone too far in the opposite direction. 

(edited)

I think AJ was actually pretty soap feasible and Duke...I refuse to discuss that travesty - but it was several decades ago so it's a little easier to wank.

Jake being alive requires a belief in either a substitute brain-dead toddler who's organs were donated or substitute child organs that Helena had because...REASONS and the cooperation of everyone in the OR who operated on Jake. It also requires everyone in the OR, people Liz worked with for a decade, to lie to a longtime coworker about the death of her toddler for REASONS

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4

Hah. This post made me think of Soapdish.  Remember Whoopi's rant about how they couldn't bring back Kevin Kline's character, who had been decapitated?

"He doesn't have a head!"

Well well well, Now we know where Re-Ron is when he isn't watching Golden Girls .he is watching old movies , movies even dumber than GH. Of course Soap dish was suppose to be a comedy. GH I give up. .Someone needs to add another boat to the barge it will be full to over flowing  very soon. Re-Ron copies again.

• Love 1

Apparently, SID is saying that Genie Francis will exit briefly in late July/early August (presumably with Luke) and then return in September and stick around for at least the rest of the year.

Also, we're actually going to see Monica (!!!) on 7/13.  Sounds like she lays into Nikolas.

Also, we're actually going to see Monica (!!!) on 7/13.  Sounds like she lays into Nikolas.

Maybe its going to be like the scene where she laid into Sonny for killing her son.

Oh wait...

• Love 12

This is one of the few spoilers that I absolutely cannot believe Ron would actually do. Monica on screen and getting to rip into someone who has done her family wrong?  It's simply not allowed. 

But I triple dog dare the Prince of Douchey Tides to tell Monica his bullshit about the Q family not really caring about Emily.  I hope she snatches that dead animal right off his head and smacks him repeatedly in the face with it. 

• Love 9

This is one of the few spoilers that I absolutely cannot believe Ron would actually do. Monica on screen and getting to rip into someone who has done her family wrong?  It's simply not allowed.

Well, that six-month medical conference was too important to tear her away!

• Love 5
(edited)

I'd love to see more of LC, but to be honest, I've grown so used to Tracy and Michael, that I don't want that messed with. So yay to more Monica, because more Qs is a good thing. But just leave enough Tracy and Michael to entertain, and I'll be good.  I think the whole Jake thing is just...UGH. Conflicted on that one also, want more Qs, but bringing him back is just....creepy.

I don't think Laura lying to keep it secret is OOC at all, nor do I think she's being thrown under the proverbial bus.

She lied about her own first born child's existence to even her "great love"-never mind that she felt getting back to Luke was more important than the newborn she left behind.

And people call Laura a great mother WHY, exactly? Anyway, I digress. If she'll lie about her own kid existing, for what, 17 years? She'd lie about someone else's kid if she thought she was justified. Especially to help Saint Liz.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 2
(edited)

I don't think Laura lying to keep it secret is OOC at all, nor do I think she's being thrown under the proverbial bus.

She lied about her own first born child's existence to even her "great love"-never mind that she felt getting back to Luke was more important than the newborn she left behind.

And people call Laura a great mother WHY, exactly? Anyway, I digress. If she'll lie about her own kid existing, for what, 17 years? She'd lie about someone else's kid if she thought she was justified. Especially to help Saint Liz.

Right because abandoning a child (to his loving uncle's care) that was born from years of captivity and rape is proof that Laura is a bad person/mother Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 11
(edited)

First off, there are no good parents on television, especially on soaps. Secondly, if just about any other female besides Laura (or Liz) had abandoned their kid for their may-un, they'd be ripped to shreds. Thirdly, since there are no good parents on television, I absolutely consider it as proof that Laura sucks as a parent, just like every other mother or father on GH. Having attachment issues with a child born of rape is one thing. Abandoning the child and then pretending he never existed is a whole new level of "wow, she pretty much sucks as a human being, not just as a parent" level for me. Well, I can even fanwank that, if I like the character and understand his or her reasoning. Laura's justification is she didn't want to lose Luke(at least part of it was). And yes, part of wanting to forget Nik existed is because of how he was conceived.

Editing to add, I am not invoking real life, here. If a woman is raped and gives up her child and doesn't tell anyone she ever had that baby-that's her choice. We're not talking about that, here. We're talking about a woman who thought her gweatest twue wuv ever, was far more important than that baby. We're talking about a woman who kept going back to this same man after he openly hated her child and even physically assaulted him. And people call Tracy pathetic for putting up with Luke? LOLOLOL hoo boy

Anyway-

The point is, Laura has no ethical or other objection to lying through her teeth if she so chooses. So...lying about Jake, IF it's true? So not OOC.

Edited by IWantCandy71

And people call Tracy pathetic for putting up with Luke? LOLOLOL hoo boy

There are plenty of people who have called Laura pathetic for putting up with Luke. 

And I thought Laura treated Nikolas like shit in the 90s but she didn't think Luke was far more important than Nikolas. But she was a young woman held and raped in captivity for two years and finding out about Luke was the straw that broke the camel's back. And she DID try to contact Nikolas, and she thought her mother got killed because she did so.

• Love 7
(edited)

I never said there wasn't anyone who didn't call her pathetic. Completely disagree she didn't feel Luke was more important. I think the fact that she didn't end any romantic relationship the first time Luke put his hands on her kid and called him all manner of names, proves for me who held more esteem in her eyes.

But anyway, this thread is not the place for this. So I'll bow out.

Edited by IWantCandy71

I never said there wasn't anyone who didn't call her pathetic. Completely disagree she didn't feel Luke was more important. I think the fact that she didn't end any romantic relationship the first time Luke put his hands on her kid and called him all manner of names, proves for me who held more esteem in her eyes.

But anyway, this thread is not the place for this. So I'll bow out.

I'll reply in the Spencer thread.

I don't think Laura lying about Jake is necessarily out of character, but I also don't know that I believe she'd do it at this point in her life. That being said, one thing has nothing to do with the other. What happened with Nikolas and the Cassadines was about years of captivity and rape, and a desperate drive to survive and save her family (Lesley had already, allegedly, been killed).

• Love 6

Fuck no. Dump his ass back into the PC River. He never should've left there to begin with. GH doesn't need Saint Borg the Holiest of Hitmen! And if Child Jake does come back, we can have BOTH Liz and Sam going on about having "pieces" of him, etc.

Great.

Not.

(As a rule, I hate killing soap kids, but what was done was done, IMO. This is just Jiz fan service.)

On another note: Dante actually cheated already? In his house? Welcome to the rest of the PC male population, Dante. I guess his father's genes won out.

Let's not go crazy! If this were Sonny, he would have called Lulu a bitch and a whore, shot several bullets into the hotel room wall and left a note saying he's thrown all her stuff out and is suing for custody.

I'm a little sensitive about Dante/Sonny comparisons, juuuust in case you couldn't tell.

• Love 6

In an article JJ said he would be on in early July, so I am guessing that he may be the Friday's cliffhanger.

When he returns for his very short; will he impact Jiz? Will he figure out that Jake is really Jason? Will he know that Liz is lying about Jake? And big if, if he is the one who returns baby Jake to Liz, will she thank him because she did not thank him when he returned a kidnapped Aiden?