Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

If the really try to pin Luke raping Laura on his DID or whatever it is he is supposed to have that would be the biggest cop out in soap history, and it would be a complete rewrite seeing as everytime Luke talked about the rape he was shown to completely acknowledge that he had been fully aware of what he was doing.

I disagree. To me, the biggest copout was the change from LUKE RAPES LAURA to LUKE SEDUCES LAURA. To me, they can't further frig up that story. I'd appreciate this retcon.

• Love 3

I disagree. To me, the biggest copout was the change from LUKE RAPES LAURA to LUKE SEDUCES LAURA. To me, they can't further frig up that story. I'd appreciate this retcon.

I agree, but to be fair they did retcon it back later, during Liz's rape storyline. They really did deal with the rape and talk about it frankly sans bullshit (the term seduction never came back up)  for the first time ,and it had been a long time coming.

Edited by Bawoman
  • Love 9

"Spencer concocts a plan to ensure Emma remains his."

Ummm...obvs hire a dude to play Cameron's wife.

God, Almighty, make this shit STOP. These are KIDS, Ron. Not adults. CHILDREN! The man is fucking disturbed.

Ignacio Serricchio (ex-Diego) is tonight's squintern on Bones.

• Love 4

God, Almighty, make this shit STOP. These are KIDS, Ron. Not adults. CHILDREN! The man is fucking disturbed.

Ignacio Serricchio (ex-Diego) is tonight's squintern on Bones.

IA if there going to write him like this sorase them to teens.

• Love 1

I'd prefer  the break to have started when Laura went bat crap crazy the first time and when he lost her the 2nd time in 2006, was what finally pushed him over the edge.  

I don't need any more rewriting of L&L's early years.

Edited by LegalParrot81
  • Love 4

I'm looking forward to this one:

Sam makes a discussion

I am assuming that's supposed to say decision.  They need to fire their editor. 

Jake is startled when he has flashbacks that involve Sam

The only way this would be remotely interesting is if he knows it's Sam.  But I have a feeling it's going to be his 50,000 flashback where NOTHING moves forward.

• Love 5
The only way this would be remotely interesting is if he knows it's Sam.  But I have a feeling it's going to be his 50,000 flashback where NOTHING moves forward.

He's had flashbacks with Sam before, but when he had it, he didn't know if it was because he'd kidnapped Sam or if she were really a part of his past.

But nothing will move forward because Jake seems unable to make any action or decision on his own.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

"Spencer concocts a plan to ensure Emma remains his."

Ummm...obvs hire a dude to play Cameron's wife.

Remains his? I thought Spencer had some kind of tantrum and Emma dumped him and decided she "loved" Cameron? I don't know why I'm asking questions about a "story" I don't care about.

• Love 2

I have no clue. I don't follow the kids at all. All I know is Ron is obsessed with that Spencer kid and the Spencer kid is besties with the chick who plays Emma, so yeah.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

I knew Spencer would find Jason's ring!

Remains his? I thought Spencer had some kind of tantrum and Emma dumped him and decided she "loved" Cameron? I don't know why I'm asking questions about a "story" I don't care about.

Cameron decided Josslyn understands him and his art and is more appreciative of the wonderfulness that is him. So Cameron dumped Emma at Spencer's birthday party to be with Joss because, like many of the men on this show, he needs constant adulation and Emma wasn't licking his ass enough.

• Love 6

My translation?

Spencer finds Jason's ring and gives it to Emma, maybe after hearing Nik have a monologue (Soap Trope 35678) about how "it's valuable and special and insert adjective here". Nik will freak out when it's missing only to find via Liz about Hayden. Yay! The Dark Forces are on Nik's side! No, he's just "lucky .

I have no doubt Jake working for Julian is to put Jason/Sam in each other's orbits more. Jason will end up doing/seeing something that reminds him of Sam. Or as Hayden keeps talking about "their" marriage, it actually reminds him of his actual marriage as he is put in Sam's orbit more. Liz/Patrick discuss this because they're salty. And Patrick is too dumb to call Robin and go "Hey u lied, bro?"

I am absolutely convinced MoRon hires these high profile actors for no other reason than his twelve year old ass can say Nana Nana Boo Boo. How do you get an actor like BM and then stick him in some lame, dumb fuck quadrangle surrounded by women when you know good and damn well he's capable of more? Billy is starting to show his 'Who farted' face more and more and I can literally see him checking out mentally.

MoRon likes flashbacks so much, well Jake should have been having conflicting memories of both Jason Q and Jason M. He should have been interacting with every single person from both orbits, having flashes of memories of good and bad interactions with those people. He should be drawn to the Q manse, the crypt, hell even Scummy's house. Scummy should've been woken up by finding Jake in his living room, sleepwalking through some past memory. Same thing at the Q's. I would love to see Tracey walk into the living room to find him sitting on the couch eating pizza and crying, but still asleep.

But no. None of that for an Emmy winner. Let's revive the stupid shipper wars, dumb every fucking character down to Morgan levels of stupidity, and send the bus streaking towards every female character thrown in his path.

I just CANNOT believe BM signed up for this bullshit. On purpose. Just go back to Y&R, Billy. I guaran-damn-tee JFP would give you anything you asked for. Guaran-damn-tee.

• Love 7
Michael Logan @TVGMLogan

SO WRONG I'm hearing Ian Buchanan out at #GH in dire plot twist. ABC PR says "No comment." Fantastic actor. Legacy character. Poor decision.

Who will teach us the ways of the samurai now?!!?!

• Love 4

I'd actually be upset if Julian murdered Duke. Duke sucks right now but the character still deserves better - of course, AJ deserved better too.

RC has got to stop bringing characters back from the dead if he doesn't have any plans for them.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4

RC is good at bringing people back from the dead just to knock them off again.  Makes sense. 

Am I the only one that couldn't care less about the whole April 1st anniversary episode with Liz, Patrick and Lucas recreating old characters?  I'm tired of RC pulling out the history of the show and caring about the actual hospital for "very special episodes."  If you don't care any other time - why now?

• Love 4

Well, I'm not gonna lie and say I'm particularly upset about it - although I am genuinely upset about losing the Duke jokes, which I really loved, heh - but I'm not particularly ecstatic either. I do like that Finola will probably get a chance to show her stuff.

• Love 3

ETA: Awww, I'm going to miss making fun of Deeeewwwwwqqq. Its utter bullshit that a talented actor like Ian is out yet Roger and Michelle are still getting paid.

First, lol! And second, Ron finds a fresh way to tell a transgendered story? ;-)

All jokes aside, I wouldn't be surprised if Ron tried to do a transgender child story. But there is no way in hell any of the current kid actors have the chops to pull it off. Edited by Tiger
  • Love 4

I don't know how i feel about the rumors about Duke although I've loathed the writing for him lately ecspecially his sonny obession.I'm really not into anna and sloane plus if they kill duke off I know RC will do a horrible job.Look at Robins death.It does kinda make me wonder about the other vets too.

• Love 2

If that spoiler is true, I'm sorry to see Duke leave from a historical POV, and I always love seeing IB, but the character has been a joke since RC brought him back. (It was Ron, right?)

Still, there are SO many other characters would deserve to be dropped before Duke. Oh, well.

• Love 9

MoRon likes flashbacks so much, well Jake should have been having conflicting memories of both Jason Q and Jason M. He should have been interacting with every single person from both orbits, having flashes of memories of good and bad interactions with those people. He should be drawn to the Q manse, the crypt, hell even Scummy's house. Scummy should've been woken up by finding Jake in his living room, sleepwalking through some past memory. Same thing at the Q's. I would love to see Tracey walk into the living room to find him sitting on the couch eating pizza and crying, but still asleep.

These are awesome creative ideas. Too bad you're not writing the show!

On the Duke front ... good Lord, what a waste. I love IB but was opposed to them resurrecting more dead characters for this very reason - the writers just fuck everything up. (Let's see ... they fucked up AJ, Robin's return, now Duke.)

When Duke died in the 80s, he at least died with his love for Anna and Robin intact. The story ended for him on a pure, tragic note. Now he will die a stupid asshole. Watch them give Anna's rightful mourning scenes to Lucy, just so we can watch Lucy ham it up like the asshole she is.

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 8

If a lowlife, irrelevant character like Shawn (or even Julian for that matter) is the one that ultimately takes out Duke, a character with such a rich history on this show, my scream will be so high pitched and long, dogs will run for cover.

It's not that I am this mega-huge Duke fan, it's the principle of the  thing.  It's obviously Ron and Frank's unwritten mission statement to do as much damage as they possibly can to the show that kicked OLTL's ass for decades and that starts with destroying all aspects of its history.  Get over it boys, your show was canceled, it happens.

Edited by LegalParrot81
  • Love 11

It's obviously Ron and Frank's unwritten mission statement to do as much damage as they possibly can to the show that kicked OLTL's ass for decades and that starts with destroying all aspects of its history.  Get over it boys, your show was canceled, it happens.

Doesn't it feel that way? It's amazing. 

• Love 4

I just CANNOT believe BM signed up for this bullshit. On purpose. Just go back to Y&R, Billy. I guaran-damn-tee JFP would give you anything you asked for. Guaran-damn-tee.

If she would I think she wouldn't have let him leave in the first place. 

Miller's hit the motherlode at GH. This is a show full of men who can't act or forgot how to act or never learned how to act, but get to stay forever, especially if they were once popular on another show. This is a show that happily employs Michael Easton, an actor who was greeted with such a colossal shrug by viewers that his role is now the equivalent of one of those old Una Merkel sorrowful BFF characters in 1931-era films.

I'd guess it's more about outs than anything else with him, and given that this show has 5000000 characters, that means more time to let him find work elsewhere than come back to GH for a bit to turn red, then leave again. 

• Love 4

And it does feel like Ron and Frank are purposely shitting on GH history.

I think it's more that they just don't really care about GH history other than to distort it to make it their own, like Frankenron's Monster.

It's not really about envy over GH still being on the air and OLTL being gone - they did this with OLTL too. 

Ron sees everything as a mix of toxic, bitter camp (to make up for his own extensive bitterness) and a sop to his own ego. Anything that came before him has to be inferior. Anything that came before him he has to retouch and tarnish until it's what he wants it to be and no one remembers what it was before. 

He hates soaps being anything but his own sad Veruca Salt type delusion of reality. To him it's just a flesh parade, Joan Crawford-style theatrics, and bitter, OTT misery, repeated and repeated 500 different times a day, in 500 identical dresses that he thinks look different because he yells, "THOSE DRESSES ARE DIFFERENT!!!" on Twitter.

Frank just cares about staying under budget. They could have Roger Howarth giving Grayson McCouch a foot massage 5 days a week, every scene of every episode - he wouldn't care as long as the cost of insoles didn't run too high.

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 6

As for Ian, I really think the show would have fired him several years ago if Tristan hadn't jumped ship.

I do feel sad for Duke/Anna fans, but I haven't really recognized whoever Anna is supposed to be since she came back, and I have no opinion on Duke.

On the positive side, at least this means I won't have to put up with any awful Twin Peaks jokes from Ron!

• Love 2

I'm going to predict a macabre AJ Quartermaine Express special coming. Spoiler said "something would change Baby Avery AJ's custody". Dumbass Kiki and Morgan are drugging Micheal Quartermaine. AJ Quartermaine drove into a tree with Jason Quartermaine in the car, making him Jason Morgan, Borg. I predict that Micheal Quartermaine will be drugged, not knowing it, and run over/into Duke. Or Duke dies in the mob war via one of Jason's bullets.

• Love 1
Am I the only one that couldn't care less about the whole April 1st anniversary episode with Liz, Patrick and Lucas recreating old characters?  I'm tired of RC pulling out the history of the show and caring about the actual hospital for "very special episodes."  If you don't care any other time - why now?

Nope, you're not the only one.  Look, I thoroughly enjoyed the Soapnet 50th anniversary marathon.  I watched that very first episode.  I don't see the artistic value in having today's actors play the parts of the leads.  It's a cute idea, but so not worth the time or effort.  If it's a line by line recital, then what's the point?  If it's not, then I have absolutely no doubt it'll pale in comparison.

Who will teach us the ways of the samurai now?!!?!

Ways of the samurai?  What have I missed being on the barge?

Don't worry, Frank will bring him back in a crazy twist:  "You thought Valerie didn't reeeeallly have a cat, didn't you?!  Gotcha!"

I'm not worried about Duke. He'll land on his feet.  He's been killed twice before.  Even if this is a third time, he's got 6 more lives.

• Love 5

Ways of the samurai?  What have I missed being on the barge?

jsbt said at one point that Duke looked like a cartoon cat that was going to teach him the ways of the samurai :)