Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

On 8/12/2016 at 9:31 AM, Oracle42 said:

Maybe this means Franco has finally been fired from the hospital for being both wholly unqualified and consistently unprofessional?

Although at this hospital, being consistently unprofessional seems to actually be a job requirement most of the time. 

On 8/12/2016 at 10:34 AM, peachmangosteen said:

I think he has indeed been fired. Didn't he have a phone call with Monica where she fired/suspended him? I think it was after he whined to the photo of that dog. But I ffwd most Franco scenes so I might not have all the details.

I have missed a lot over the past few weeks...do I even want to know why in the hell Franco was whining to a picture of a dog?  

On 8/12/2016 at 10:49 AM, ulkis said:

Claudette had Nathan's kid, doesn't she? Or pretending to? Groan.

I would think that if Claudette had anyone's kid, it was probably Griffin's.  Although it would not surprise me to see her trying to pass said kid off as Nathan's, in order to get at his family money somehow.  If the kid shows up in town potted in a plant, though, it's definitely Nathan's. 

On 8/12/2016 at 11:26 AM, dubbel zout said:

And because the story has been so poorly paced, no one cares. Not that anyone cared in the first place.

This should be the official tagline of GH.  

On 8/12/2016 at 10:35 PM, TeeVee329 said:

3) Chloe Lanier looks a bunch like Tamara Braun in this clip.

I've noticed in the scenes I've seen of her that, at certain angles, the resemblance is uncanny. 

4 hours ago, ulkis said:

I don't know, but it may be the most cramped space on this show, and that's saying something.

They've probably turned a supply closet in the building into the set for someone's apartment.  Maybe we'll see a janitor accidentally wandering into the scene to grab a mop bucket.  (Frank:  "It'll be fine, no one will notice.  We can't afford to re-shoot.") 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Well Labor Day is coming up...and Val's been laboring for some nookie. #sorry #notsorry

Another question - where are they?  Does Curtis have an apartment that we've seen?  Because I know we've never seen where Val lives.

I believe that Val is still living in Snarly's old house with Bobbie and Lucas.

15 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

I believe that Val is still living in Snarly's old house with Bobbie and Lucas.

That's what I thought, though Lucas is living with his husband Brad now, not that we've seen that studio apartment set in months.

The use of sets is bizarre.  They make a big deal about Liz's new house - it's been in one scene.  A big deal about Lulu and Dante getting a house - we haven't seen it yet.  Did they sink everything into that coffee kiosk set?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

Does anyone think that maybe Nelle is Michael's twin, and that is the insta-connection they share - not a romantic one? This also gives us another young Q, a valid reason for her to be Carly's insta-daughter, a reason to mention AJ's name and a reason to see Monica in scenes. They can always say that she was kidnapped from the hospital right after birth.

• Love 7

Hey, what happened to Jelly's 'Oh, jobs for everybody, and people are getting homes!'??? Fucking Frank, man. Instead of trying to get some of that extra payroll cash transferred to his expendables line to get some actual decent sets, he's cramming as many unnecessary employees onto this show as possible.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

How else do you think FV can hire everyone ?  He's basically filming in Walmart.  

Walmart would be a step up.

8 hours ago, LongLurker said:

Does anyone think that maybe Nelle is Michael's twin, and that is the insta-connection they share - not a romantic one? This also gives us another young Q, a valid reason for her to be Carly's insta-daughter, a reason to mention AJ's name and a reason to see Monica in scenes. They can always say that she was kidnapped from the hospital right after birth.

Nope. Not a chance this show would give us another Q.

• Love 2

I get a feeling that Nellie is the AJ child from elsewhere we've speculated about.   Carly isn't her mother, but AJ is her father.   The show has gotten too much backlash from fans, etc for not mentioning AJ.  Sonny has been built up like a town god.   SK hasn't been on B&B for a while.   I have a feeling AJ is about to be mentioned.  I feel like maybe the network stepped in on this one if it happens.  That IMO is why suddenly RB, ME, and probably BW have contracts on the show and stuff.  FV was pissed.  Matt Cohen is probably a network hire too.  ABC has always dumped actors from other shows they liked onto other shows on the network till something better can be found about them.  Hence why IMO that Griffin isn't a Quartermaine or even Corinthos.  Just dead Duke Lavery's son.  Frank and Jelly specifically screwed him over in a very unprofessional move.  So, I'd expect IMO that the network will interfere more.   The show brings in revenue,of course ABC cares.  

10 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

I get a feeling that Nellie is the AJ child from elsewhere we've speculated about.   Carly isn't her mother, but AJ is her father.   The show has gotten too much backlash from fans, etc for not mentioning AJ.  Sonny has been built up like a town god.   SK hasn't been on B&B for a while.   I have a feeling AJ is about to be mentioned.  I feel like maybe the network stepped in on this one if it happens.  That IMO is why suddenly RB, ME, and probably BW have contracts on the show and stuff.  FV was pissed.  Matt Cohen is probably a network hire too.  ABC has always dumped actors from other shows they liked onto other shows on the network till something better can be found about them.  Hence why IMO that Griffin isn't a Quartermaine or even Corinthos.  Just dead Duke Lavery's son.  Frank and Jelly specifically screwed him over in a very unprofessional move.  So, I'd expect IMO that the network will interfere more.   The show brings in revenue,of course ABC cares.  

If ABC really cared about this show it wouldn't be in the condition that it's in. I wouldn't be surprised if this show is getting worse ratings than AMC and OLTL did when they were canceled. The only thing ABC cares about is Frank staying under budget while they find a viable talk show to replace it with.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, LongLurker said:

Does anyone think that maybe Nelle is Michael's twin, and that is the insta-connection they share - not a romantic one? This also gives us another young Q, a valid reason for her to be Carly's insta-daughter, a reason to mention AJ's name, and a reason to see Monica in scenes. They can always say that she was kidnapped from the hospital right after birth.

Sadly, I don't think the writers want a reason to mention to AJ's name.

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

If ABC really cared about this show it wouldn't be in the condition that it's in. I wouldn't be surprised if this show is getting worse ratings than AMC and OLTL did when they were canceled. The only thing ABC cares about is Frank staying under budget while they find a viable talk show to replace it with.

I actually disagree.   They fired Ron and probably have FV and Jelly on short leashes.  Rewatching GH in 2012 at the beginning of Ron's tenure there's a huge glaring difference.  Lack of focus on Sonny and a not perfect Jason.  Suddenly, SK quits and returns to B&B and is literally the only actor then- the first actor to speak against how the show is run publicly.  But he names Frank as not caring about him staying.  When OLTL and AMC were cancelled,a few big sponsors were angry.  So, the network IMO steps in and says no we've got to make this GH not OLTL.  Then the lawsuit which names Ron misusing the characters as a reason.  Lawsuit?  Sponsors?  Damn right GH has ABC caring.  They may not give it the budget Shonda Rhimes has for her shows, but they care.  If they really wanted a talk show,don't you think they'd have found it by now?  No.  They want the revenue from advertising on a soap.  Plus, I can see the network thinking hiring SK now will bring SBu back.  Original Jason and original AJ?  They want that.  

AJ was never involved with Joss's kidney story. I'm all for not forgetting him, but I don't want him shoved into stories he has no place in just so that his name can be tossed around. 

17 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

If they really wanted a talk show,don't you think they'd have found it by now?  No.  They want the revenue from advertising on a soap.

ABC wants advertising from a show that has decent ratings, which GH doesn't have. But everything the network has tried has gotten even worse ratings, so for now, it's GH. The minute something more successful is found, I think that's the end of GH. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

AJ was never involved with Joss's kidney story. I'm all for not forgetting him, but I don't want him shoved into stories he has no place in just so that his name can be tossed around. 

ABC wants advertising from a show that has decent ratings, which GH doesn't have. But everything the network has tried has gotten even worse ratings, so for now, it's GH. The minute something more successful is found, I think that's the end of GH. 

The Affiliate Board if Governors wants the network to cancel GH and cede the hour.  ABC doesnt want to cede another hour, but hasnt been able to find a viable alternative.  

Complicating matter is that the Affiliates are not happy with View & Chew either and are not pleased that GMA has lost its once substantial lead over Today.  

Basically, GH is the cuckholded boyfriend whose girlfriend is out playing the field and onky hasnt been dumped because she cant anyone richer and/or better looking.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Meh.  Sonny wasn't involved in a lot of things, but there he is.  I think with the plethora of options, they'd have found something.  Hell, throw Scandal reruns on there.  But I'm positive ABC actually cares.

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Meh.  Sonny wasn't involved in a lot of things, but there he is.  I think with the plethora of options, they'd have found something.  Hell, throw Scandal reruns on there.  But I'm positive ABC actually cares.

I agree and disagree with you. I don't think ABC cares about specifics about the show. I don't think they care about rebuilding the Quartermaines, hiring SK back, scaling back the mob, any of it. I think as long as the show comes in under budget they're fine with keeping it. I don't believe that they're desperately searching for some replacement. People have been saying "I give GH another six months. Just wait until they find a cheap talk show to replace it" since The Review or the Revolution (or whatever that crap show that replaced One Live to Live was called) and GH is done for." And how many years ago was that? I highly doubt it's that hard to find a cheaper show than GH to produce that at least gets half its ratings. The Chew isn't groundbreaking television, but I assume ABC sees it as a suitable replacement for AMC. It can't be that hard to come up with something like it.

• Love 2

I think that even at their worst OLTL and AMC had a pretty loyal core audience that provided guaranteed eyeballs for their advertisers. Between Oprah and soaps, they had a huge block of valuable ad real estate. The Chew and Revolution(?) have dismal ratings and I can't imagine it's easy to sell ad time for those shows even if they are cheaper to produce. Once they cancel GH, they're basically giving up on daytime ad revenue.

• Love 5

Yes, the Revolution was the show that replaced OLTL in 2012 (until it didn't), then there the afternoon version of GMA for awhile. I seem to remember ABC seeing Katie Couric's then-new talk show as an opportunity to replace GH at the time, until Katie stepped in and said she didn't want her show to conflict with GH. 

Then again, I think her show was syndicated, so I don't know how accurate that is. 

But that belongs more in the News thread, so I'll end this by saying that I'm happy RFS is returning, but I don't think I have much (if any) gumption to go back even for him anymore. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I agree and disagree with you. I don't think ABC cares about specifics about the show. I don't think they care about rebuilding the Quartermaines, hiring SK back, scaling back the mob, any of it. I think as long as the show comes in under budget they're fine with keeping it. I don't believe that they're desperately searching for some replacement. People have been saying "I give GH another six months. Just wait until they find a cheap talk show to replace it" since The Review or the Revolution (or whatever that crap show that replaced One Live to Live was called) and GH is done for." And how many years ago was that? I highly doubt it's that hard to find a cheaper show than GH to produce that at least gets half its ratings. The Chew isn't groundbreaking television, but I assume ABC sees it as a suitable replacement for AMC. It can't be that hard to come up with something like it.

I meant that I could see the network demanding certain things to step in and clean up, and Frank/Jelly not being very mature about it.  If hiring SK got SBu back, I don't doubt they'd do it.  Especially if it meant more ratings and ad revenue.  BM is a better actor, but he's not the Jason the casual viewer would recognize.  If they could pull in ratings by knocking off Sonny, they'd do it.  Mo's contract probably ate a bit of the budget, plus the casual viewer knows Sonny's face.  But the casual viewer knows him as a villain type. SBu's Jason is the hero to the casual viewer.  I definitely believe Matt Cohen is an ABC hire.  You can tell by how the character is used.  I think FH was an ABC hire.  FV has lost many big GH stars during his tenure.  I think the network put MC there to replace the loss of JT.  Also,with the way Sonny has been written I can see the network finally making GH address that he's not perfect.

1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

Yeah, is there really a significant, loyal audience for four hours of talk shows?

But it isn't about the audience. It's about money. Always has been, always will be. And I think the reason ABC is still maybe trying with talk shows is they are notoriously cheap to produce, quality be damned.

Ironically, soaps being former cash cows has hurt them because, comparatively, they cost a lot more to produce.

If ABC can't find a suitable alternative, I do think the network will be forced to cede that hour since even shoestring GH can't/won't last forever.

• Love 3

Remember, the afternoon hour of GMA failed, and Latifah, Anderson Cooper, Jeff Probst, Katie Couric, and Meredith Viera have had failed talk shows the last few years.  

On top of that, FABLife and other shows without a 'name' have failed, and other recent entries like The Real have struggled big time.  

So it is extremely difficult to launch new daytime programming.  Its easier for ABC to keep GH on the air and continue to continuously chip away at the budget.  

I think what will ultimately happen, whether its in six months or five years now, is that ABC will find it cant squeeze any more money out of GH and at that point will cede the hour to the affiliates.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Tiger said:

continue to continuously chip away at the budget

It's alarming to think how much lower it could go. I already feel like we're getting diminishing returns. When Lulu shows up at the PCPD, her husband's place of employment, to talk about flea-market lamps, you're close to bottom.

• Love 5

Apparently the Rebeccas Herbst and Budig gave a joint interview in SOD that pretty much confirms their characters are sisters.

Also, because she's an ungrateful bitch, read a spoiler that Kristina wants to move out of Alexis' and in with Sonny sometime in the next two weeks.

• Love 5

And of course Sonny will welcome her with open arms, never revealing that he was in full agreement with Alexis' decision and actively encouraged her not to tell Kristina about it.

Edited by Sake614
  • Love 11

Well, this could be interesting.  Grain of salt, but celeb dirty laundry is saying Andre is the serial killer.  Which when found out, Jordan loses her job and Curtis replaces her.  Val is supposed to get a clue about the killer and be attacked - but survive soon.  That's why she and Curtis finally bang.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Well, this could be interesting.  Grain of salt, but celeb dirty laundry is saying Andre is the serial killer.  Which when found out, Jordan loses her job and Curtis replaces her.  Val is supposed to get a clue about the killer and be attacked - but survive soon.  That's why she and Curtis finally bang.

I think Valerie gets attacked today, that's what it looked like in the previews.

Curtis being made commissioner would be...just as ridiculous as Jordan being made commissioner so yeah, I guess it could happen.

• Love 7

I agree.  It's dumb - and I have no doubt the retconning to make it happen will be dumb (and completely free of Jeff, No Name, and Sarah) - but the show has way bigger problems and I've actually kinda liked the actress playing Naomi.  We just need to get to the reveal and stop with all these anvil-y snarling fights they're having.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Oh really? I don't mind.

I don't like HaydenRachelRebeccaBudig. It's nothing more than that; it's not about it being more or less ridiculous than other stories, even though it IS ridic and makes no sense. I tried to give her a chance bc I was a huge fan of Budig years ago, but the character does zip for me. And they've only used her character with Liz for the past year to snark about things she would know nothing about. Even uttering Lucky's name irritates me. Like, stop it, show.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I don't like HaydenRachelRebeccaBudig. It's nothing more than that; it's not about it being more or less ridiculous than other stories, even though it IS ridic and makes no sense. I tried to give her a chance bc I was a huge fan of Budig years ago, but the character does zip for me. And they've only used her character with Liz for the past year to snark about things she would know nothing about. Even uttering Lucky's name irritates me. Like, stop it, show.

I don't have much use for her either, but I might when they find out the truth? Maybe? Oh well. In any case, maybe their interactions will be a little less "snark at Liz ripped from the internet" when they find out. Maybe?

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I don't have much use for her either, but I might when they find out the truth? Maybe? Oh well. In any case, maybe their interactions will be a little less "snark at Liz ripped from the internet" when they find out. Maybe?

I won't crush your hopes, so sure. Maybe, lol.

• Love 3