Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

(edited)

I think KA would probably be doomed if there was a new EP. But we're never getting rid of him either.

7/21
General Hospital
(Episode #13100)
Patrick's career is at risk; Scott presses Anna on her anti-drug trafficking initiatives

7/22
General Hospital
(Episode #13101)
Jordan reveals to Anna her investigation on Julian's boss; Lucy and Bobbie pressure Scott to reach a decision; Morgan and Rosalie spend time alone

Edited by ulkis
(edited)

Hey, it's Scotty!

And whuh...Lucy and Bobbie pressure Scotty to reach a decision?  A decision about which of them he wants to be with?  That would be ridiculous since all these people have been off-screen and there's been no build-up to this type of ultimatum.  Which is probably why it's going to happen.  SMH.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

I think there's a HUGE difference between portraying that kind of stuff for dramatic purposes and hiring a guy accused of harassing/groping his young co-star.  

What is key here is that the guy was never actually accused of anything - not that I know of, anyway. The whole mess started out as a nasty Twitter rumor and was never substantiated by anyone, ever. There were never any charges filed by the actress in question, never any lawsuits threatened (to my knowledge), nothing - nada - zilch! If anything, all this mess served to do was humiliate both actors involved, inflame an already (rapidly) shrinking show fan base, and make TIIC look like the petty little fools that they are. Actually, the young actress named in all of this was mercilessly harassed and repeatedly threatened on social media. Neither one of the parties involved ever once acknowledged the supposed allegations.

The only thing that has ever even been loosely confirmed was that MM was intensely feuding with one of the long-term, blowhard actors on Y&R (no need to name names, as most people know this ugly story already) who happened to have just enough clout with TIIC at the network to get him fired. By the way, this is not mere conjecture on my part, as these two had been openly going at each other on Twitter for a while. In short, MM happened to piss-off the wrong people, obviously at the wrong time. This stupid "Grope-Gate" shit came out of nowhere, it was nasty and basically poured gasoline onto an already blazing inferno.

For those of you who think that the GH landscape has been dramatically altered (for the worse) with storyline direction and way too many newbies as of late, I have to tell you that this show ain't got nothing on JFPhuck-Up's version of Y&R! That bitch has managed to totally reinvent that show by populating it with her infamous "FOJ", while placing her pet, Little Stevie Burton, front and center as the it's newest and shiniest STAR. It has been recast, after recast, after freaking recast with JFP - capping-off her greatest achievement in getting rid of two huge fan favorites in MM and BM, literally at the same time (they both exited on the same day).

From all appearances it seems as though the MM rumors were perhaps started as a way for JFPhuck-Up/TIIC to justify their moronic decision to get rid of him. Losing BM over contract stupidity was bad enough, but then to coldly shove MM out the door at almost the exact same time was simply the last straw for an awful lot of viewers - as evidenced by their sinking, sorry-ass ratings ever since MM and BM exited the show, Thelma and Louise style. For many viewers, Billy and Adam were the future of Y&R, and both actors were much beloved in their roles - so that hag just had to get rid of them, but that is really a whole other rant - for a whole other thread.

O.K. Off my Soap-box now.

Sorry for the digression, but as a current viewer of GH - and (as of 01/30/14) a former viewer of Y&R - I have to say that this show is immensely more entertaining and bearable to sit through than anything that has been showcased at Y&R in the past year. FWIW, GH would be nothing but fortunate if MM and/or BM were to show up on it anytime soon, as either one of them would only serve to increase ratings and enhance entertainment value.

• Love 2

What is key here is that the guy was never actually accused of anything - not that I know of, anyway. The whole mess started out as a nasty Twitter rumor and was never substantiated by anyone, ever. There were never any charges filed by the actress in question, never any lawsuits threatened (to my knowledge), nothing - nada - zilch! If anything, all this mess served to do was humiliate both actors involved, inflame an already (rapidly) shrinking show fan base, and make TIIC look like the petty little fools that they are. Actually, the young actress named in all of this was mercilessly harassed and repeatedly threatened on social media. Neither one of the parties involved ever once acknowledged the supposed allegations.

The only thing that has ever even been loosely confirmed was that MM was intensely feuding with one of the long-term, blowhard actors on Y&R (no need to name names, as most people know this ugly story already) who happened to have just enough clout with TIIC at the network to get him fired. By the way, this is not mere conjecture on my part, as these two had been openly going at each other on Twitter for a while. In short, MM happened to piss-off the wrong people, obviously at the wrong time. This stupid "Grope-Gate" shit came out of nowhere, it was nasty and basically poured gasoline onto an already blazing inferno.

For those of you who think that the GH landscape has been dramatically altered (for the worse) with storyline direction and way too many newbies as of late, I have to tell you that this show ain't got nothing on JFPhuck-Up's version of Y&R! That bitch has managed to totally reinvent that show by populating it with her infamous "FOJ", while placing her pet, Little Stevie Burton, front and center as the it's newest and shiniest STAR. It has been recast, after recast, after freaking recast with JFP - capping-off her greatest achievement in getting rid of two huge fan favorites in MM and BM, literally at the same time (they both exited on the same day).

From all appearances it seems as though the MM rumors were perhaps started as a way for JFPhuck-Up/TIIC to justify their moronic decision to get rid of him. Losing BM over contract stupidity was bad enough, but then to coldly shove MM out the door at almost the exact same time was simply the last straw for an awful lot of viewers - as evidenced by their sinking, sorry-ass ratings ever since MM and BM exited the show, Thelma and Louise style. For many viewers, Billy and Adam were the future of Y&R, and both actors were much beloved in their roles - so that hag just had to get rid of them, but that is really a whole other rant - for a whole other thread.

O.K. Off my Soap-box now.

Sorry for the digression, but as a current viewer of GH - and (as of 01/30/14) a former viewer of Y&R - I have to say that this show is immensely more entertaining and bearable to sit through than anything that has been showcased at Y&R in the past year. FWIW, GH would be nothing but fortunate if MM and/or BM were to show up on it anytime soon, as either one of them would only serve to increase ratings and enhance entertainment value.

Thank you. I've been trying to say that forever. You can sit with me at lunch.

• Love 1

Who's the brain-damaged patient Franco is going to coach in art therapy? It can't seriously be Jason, whom he terrorized. Not even RC would sink that low ... would he?

Then again, he just killed practically the entire cast of Port Charles. I can't put it past him.

Who's the brain-damaged patient Franco is going to coach in art therapy? It can't seriously be Jason, whom he terrorized. Not even RC would sink that low ... would he?

Yes, he would.  Franco had Michael raped (I know Ron is all "But...tapes!  Tumor!  No biggie!), yet Carly bangs him at every turn.  This would be nothing.  I half-expect Franco to become besties with Jason, & for Jason to tell Sam she needs to be more understanding with poor Franco who never meant to hurt her when he fake-raped her.

• Love 4

I feel a need to vent.  I'm not sure if this should be in media but since it involves Jason and could be seen as spoilerish I'll stick it here.  I made the mistake of reading some of FV's interview in a soap magazine regarding Jason and it just made me angry over AJ's treatment all over again.  He talked about how important Jason is the canvas - i.e., Sonny's/ Carly's best friend, Monica's son, Michael's uncle/father-figure, blah blah blah and it just pissed me off because why is Jason so important to this show and AJ so expendable?  He IS Michael's father, Monica's son, and a good nemesis for Sonny/Carly if the writers cared.  Why is there no place for him but Jason MUST be on the show even though a mobster ending at the bottom of a harbor was the perfect ending for him?

• Love 7

soap opera central spoilers

http://soapcentral.com/gh/content/scoop/spoilers/2014/140714.php

http://soaps.sheknows.com/generalhospital/spoilers/

Tracy tries to plant the seeds of doubt by commenting on Morgan and Kiki's closeness

Michael probes Morgan about his relationship status with Kiki.

As much as a Morgan/Kiki redux sucks, I do like Michael having a moment of insecurity. Ugh, they both need to drop her but quick. Getting back together with Morgan just makes her even more a cypher. Now she won't even have "loves Michael" as her one personality trait.

Port Charles says goodbye to a loved one.

lol, I guess that's beloved Rafe.

From about.com:

Rumor: coma baby is alive. Nina's baby has survived and we are all so shocked. But not.

Spoilers: from them: Nina pretty much goes after everyone in Port Charles, but her main target? Ava.

Levi's impending deportation brings up marriage

Another shooting will happen

From wubs.net:

Ava's pregnancy is about to get complicated

Levi is plotting to get the Aztec treasure

NuJasus is coming, but will he save us or be another let down?

Moar Cassadines

And celeb dirty laundry is talking a Helena cameo.

Not sure all of those are considered reliable sources. Celeb Dirty Laundry certainly isn't.

Oh god, I hope this doesn't mean twins - one babydaddy for each. I don't know which would be worse - this or the Lante embryo stealing.

• Love 1
(edited)

Oh god, I hope this doesn't mean twins - one babydaddy for each. I don't know which would be worse - this or the Lante embryo stealing.

What? A complicated pregnancy? That's never happened before!

Shades of OLTL and Viki having twins by different fathers (though she didn't know she had twins or that they had different fathers). It cracks me up that there's been no mention of the pregnancy being high-risk from the get-go due to Ava's age (or the fact that she's living with Sonny). 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3
Nina pretty much goes after everyone in Port Charles, but her main target? Ava.

So what happens with her crazy infatuation with Sam? The way things are now< I would think that Sam & Kaka are her main targets. Are Cartini dropping this part because Sam will be involved with NuJason/Patrick/Robin.

The rest we've seen coming for awhile.

(edited)
Nina pretty much goes after everyone in Port Charles, but her main target? Ava.

Silas was sleeping with Ava before the coma, so it's not completely illogical. Not to mention that Nina thinks Lauren is the child Silas should have had with her. Little does she know...

Lauren is such a waste of space I'll be slightly curious to see how Nina treats her when the truth comes out. Hopefully Nina will be appalled that such a dolt is related to her and want nothing to do with Lauren. Which is how everyone should feel, really.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

Another shooting will happen

Franco is shot and the bullet goes through him and hits Felix, Brad, Sabrina, Britt, Dr. O, Sonny, Fake Luke, Ava (and her baby), Levi, Liz, Lauren, Duke, and Silas. They all die. Devastating.

• Love 5

So what happens with her crazy infatuation with Sam? The way things are now< I would think that Sam & Kaka are her main targets. Are Cartini dropping this part because Sam will be involved with NuJason/Patrick/Robin.

I think b/c of the pregnancy complication it will somehow come out Lauren isn't Ava's child and Nina will learn she is really her child. I think it will be Nina's mother and Ava who stole Lauren to keep her from Silas. If this happens it makes sense that Nina will turn her rage on Ava. I for one can't wait b/c I loathe Ava, Sonny is a joke as a real threat, but Nina will cut a bitch. Nina vs. Ava could be real entertainment, and in the end dollars to donuts Nina will win. bubye Ava.

• Love 3

Franco is shot and the bullet goes through him and hits Felix, Brad, Sabrina, Britt, Dr. O, Sonny, Fake Luke, Ava (and her baby), Levi, Liz, Lauren, Duke, and Silas. They all die. Devastating.

That does include Franco, right?

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm sure WE NEVER CARED thinks that breaking up Sam & Silas is enough punishment for Sam.

As for Kiki being ComaBaby, I expected that as soon as MSt showed up with newly-colored hair.  & I'm guessing Nina finds out the truth after she shoots Kiki in the chest, & Ava rushes in screaming "She's your daughter!".  Kiki will survive, because Sonny can't be the only one (besides Shawn) who can't shoot straight, but will decline testifying against Nina because Kiki thinks Nina is responsible for killing her wife, er, husband.  With an axe handle.  After he tries to steal Ava's baby for...reasons.

Edited by OnceSane
  • Love 1

My cableguide descriptions for the week are ridiculous.

MON: Franco rushes to help Nina.

TUE: Sonny threatens Franco.

WED: Nina contemplates confessing.

THU: Anna and Patrick talk about his marriage.

FRI: Maxie makes a startling announcement.

Aside from Thu this all sounds like fast-forward material.

• Love 1
(edited)

That reminds me of the Friends alt-reality episode when Joey is going strong as Drake Ramore on DOL.  He leaves the group saying "I have to go, I am delivering twins....and only one of them is mine"

eta:  at-reality is not the same as alt-reality

Edited by mybabyaidan
  • Love 4

Didn't that also happen to Blake on Guiding Light?

Yeah, I think Blake was the originator of that soap troupe.  

However, we can remove Viki from that group.  The one right they did by the show in the end was clean up the Jessica-is-Mitch's/Natalie-is-Clint's paternity nightmare and made both Buchanan girls.

• Love 1

Blake's twins turned out to be both Ross,s. OLTLers know him as Clint 2. I think they should kill off Fluk/Luke and bring Clint on He was great on GL with Jane Elliott. AKA Tracey   .Ross and Carrie great chemistry.

• Love 1
Oh god, I hope this doesn't mean twins - one babydaddy for each. I

That was my immediate thought at reading that spoiler.  Of course Ron would do that.  The twisted family tree there is mind-boggling.  If Sonny and Ava get married, one of those babies would he his/her own aunt/uncle. 

(edited)

Until the last seven to nine months Michael Muhney has never known a microphone he did not love. If he was wrongly accused he'd be shouting it from the rooftops to anything with a blog. Instead he gave a muddled, rambling and utterly uncharacteristic mea culpa "the fault is my own" interview with no clear answers, and then slunk off into the night, after dragging Maura West's name into the controversy. Meanwhile, a fair numbers of castmembers on his former show publicly backed Sony's decision and said it was on him, as did a few known industry shills who had previously worshipped at the guy's feet. In this business where this stuff is very rarely formally named or shamed, with a man with Muhney's past history, it all read clear enough to me.

I think Jill Farren Phelps is a showkiller who helped gut both GH and my OLTL, and I think her Y&R is laughably bad in a completely different and far more boring way than GH's terrible mess. I think Big Steve Burton needed to be let go and I thank God every day that he is Y&R's problem now and not GH's, and I think she does give him preferential treatment. But that doesn't mean I think any of those shows need Michael Muhney, who I find to be a profoundly overrated actor with a horrible reputation. The story speaks for itself and I'll opt out of both Burton and Muhney at GH, thanks.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6

During a recent interview, MS said her character is a sociopath that can only love her brother

I think its interesting that Silas didn't realize he was married to a sociopath that seems to be remarkably like her mother, a woman he loathed.

(edited)

I thought the quiet implication of the end of the extremely messy PC crossover story last year - which meant well and had its moments but could've been done much, much better - was that it all really did happen and that Lucy was right all along. Caleb or his ring had wiped the world's memories of PC and its goings-on, and he continued to elude justice with his ring at the end when he walked out of the morgue, but nobody knows it.

Any way they want to confirm that, and the existence of Livvie, etc. which was so important to Kevin's character is fine by me. But I doubt they will ever go anywhere near that stuff again and I can't entirely blame them. Most of that story last year was a hot mess and it really didn't have to be. They had the right pieces - Caleb, Livvie, Lucy, Kevin, Alison and her child - and squandered 'em.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

These were dropped on another board, GOS but God, I hope they are true...especially any related to exits:

The Julexis wedding opens up the door to the blockbuster September.
Chad (Michael) and Bryan (Morgan) were brought in the last week of June to do talent testing with an assortment of actresses. It wasn't made clear if it was Serena or another character.

Silas and Sam do succumb to the recent pressure put on their relationship, it is temporary, but I would not be so sure that they are meant to be a longterm pairing.

TPTB have started to move Nina around the canvas and are starting to do so with Franco. Between Carly and Franco and Silas and Sam, Carly and Franco have more to be concerned about with Nina than Silas and Sam.

Nina's "whitewashing" will start towards the end of the summer months, and will tie into another arc. Ron wants Donna Mills back to kickoff more of Nina's backstory, right now, I do not know if she has offered any type of commitment.

Scrubs will have everything but the sun thrown at them. What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

Nikolas buys a clue and notices Spencer's manipulations when it comes to Britt. Nikolas and Britt get close under false pretenses, again. They will be right back at square one, and Britt is alone until she sees another opportunity. She doesn't give up, but she doesn't win.

There is no Patrina reunion on the horizon at all. Sabrina's exit is being drafted, along with a few others. The cast needs to be trimmed. New year, fresh start.

July is meant to be a slow month despite it being a "sweeps" period. The good stuff amps up in August and allow me to reiterate that it all leads to a blockbuster September.

The exits coming in 2015 will be obvious. Majority of the exits will be the ones who've made entrances under this current regime, that's pretty much all I have to share for now, so once again, please don't ask me any further questions, all that I have, I have posted, take it or leave it.

The exits coming in 2015 will be obvious. Majority of the exits will be the ones who've made entrances under this current regime

I'm hoping this includes Felix, Brad, Franco, Sabrina, Silas, and Ava.

Scrubs will have everything but the sun thrown at them. What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

KMc isn't coming back permanently so I don't understand what the endgame is. When Robin leaves again are she and Patrick still going to be together? Will Patrick be left in romantic limbo again until KMc comes back, whenver that is?

(edited)

I don't know how legitimate the cast cuts are but GH's budget is being cut again for the 2014/15 season.  Allegedly this is a small cut, approx. 2%, but it's another cut nonetheless.   

What I don't understand is why the budget is being cut again.  The budget is calculated based on ad-rates and the ratings are up, so the budget shouldn't be cut.  

Edited b/c an "add-rate" and an "ad-rate" are two very different things.

Edited by Tiger
(edited)

None of those GOS rumors sound plausible.  Except, I guess, Nina being whitewashed, which I could totally see happening, ugh.

And why would you need to draft a Sabrina exit story?  She's already gone, there's no story waiting for her back in Port Charles.  Just have Patrick get a letter that she decided to stay in Puerto Rico and have that be that.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

I think they should trim some of the cast (not that I wish anyone to be unemployed, but there's a lot of dead wood) and use that money to improve sets, wardrobe, etc. And make it so that people interact with others a lot more than they do.

• Love 2