Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

I do not want to start this conversation again, but we do not know what happened.  I will not defend an abuser.  We have no facts, no testimony, no anything.  No accusation.  So, we don't know what happened.  Reading between the lines ruins people's lives. 

Ordinarily, I'd agree to disagree on a point like this, because emotions can run high. But I will address an accusation of "ruining people's lives." 

What I stated were facts. There was, indeed, an accusation of sexual harassment. There was, indeed, an investigation.  There was, indeed, a termination following said investigation.

There are unknowns. We don't know exactly how much substantiation there was. We don't know how cautious CBS/Sony decided to be. We don't know their exact policies and procedures.

When there is a termination that was stated to be, in a press release or interview, directly related to a complaint of sexual harassment, I will not allow the terminated individual hide behind "You have no idea what happened." 

CBS/Sony felt convinced enough that something improper happened that they determined the best course of action was to go its separate way from the individual. That's absolutely a fact. And the chips can fall where they may as to that.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 10

While there has been gossip and presumptions, there's no press release and neither the accuser nor the company has stated anything.  The only party who has commented is the accused and he said it didn't happen.

It's pretty messed up but on the one hand we have Dante who is disgusting and stupid, and on the other hand we have Lulu who is reckless and stupid.

Not only does Lulu's plot go horribly wrong she also is part of the reason Johnny gets caught and now he will have kidnapping charges in addition to everything else.

I have never been a Lulu fan (especially this version) but she has really been juvenile in all of this. Plus, it annoys me cause I detest Valerie, but now I am on her side!

• Love 3

Dante searches his soul over whether he or not he can forgive Lulu.

But...he...and then he...again...and then...but now he's talking about can he forgive...I'm just...

Liz balks at the idea of having Sam investigate the ominous occurrence at her house.

Liez continues to be a failure.

• Love 11

DAYS has more hospital scenes and stories than GH.

I am taping other soaps on every other Friday to see what else is out there. Young and Restless has more hospital scenes than General HOSPITAL. Poor Patrick wakes up from a coma and who is in his hospital room? Cyborg - old Jason. AJ is on there too. Two Quartermaines and a Doctor belong on General Hospital. This is what happens when you put the folks in charge of another soap that killed their old soap.

• Love 2

I am taping other soaps on every other Friday to see what else is out there.

Twins! I decided to do this as well.

Plus, it annoys me cause I detest Valerie, but now I am on her side!

Well, the writers got what they wanted from at least one viewer, so maybe their plan wasn't as stupid as I thought!

Edited by peachmangosteen

Again, I need to ask....The 2 new head writers are WOMEN right???????

That Dante one is gross and stupid.

And of COURSE mean bully Sam is going to accuse poor poor victim Liz.  Of fucking course.  The ONLY thing that will curb my rage is if Liz takes her lumps like a fucking adult.  It's like being a recovering addict.  You don't get to be all put out when people don't trust you.  You fucked up and lost trust, and you need to EARN it back.  It's the same for Liz.  She doesn't get to act bent out of shape when people don't trust her right away.  She needs to EARN it back.  Unfortunately, it looks like these writers are just not interested in writing a real redemption arc for her.  Such a fucking waste of 7 months of complete bullshit.

February is sweeps right?  They better pull a miracle out of their asses.

This damn show has me cursing a lot. 

Edited by mybabyaidan
  • Love 12

Um.....Helllo.

Bonus points if dude can actually act. Hopefully he is not another RP

http://abc.soapsindepth.com/posts/exclusive-general-hospital-casting-matt-cohen-87647

He was on "How to Get Away with Murder" this past fall and he was excellent. He had a hot as fuck sex scene with Aja Naomi King. But what really impressed me is I thought he really elevated the performances of Alfred Enoch, who I generally think is a rather poor actor.

But dude, to go from working with Oscar Nominee & Emmy Winner Viola Davis to drunk Twitterer Nancy Lee Grahn . . .

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 5

And of COURSE mean bully Sam is going to accuse poor poor victim Liz. Of fucking course. The ONLY thing that will curb my rage is if Liz takes her lumps like a fucking adult. It's like being a recovering addict. You don't get to be all put out when people don't trust you. You fucked up and lost trust, and you need to EARN it back. It's the same for Liz. She doesn't get to act bent out of shape when people don't trust her right away. She needs to EARN it back. Unfortunately, it looks like these writers are just not interested in writing a real redemption arc for her. Such a fucking waste of 7 months of complete bullshit.

February is sweeps right? They better pull a miracle out of their asses.

Well, at least Sam isn't being terrorized every-other sweeps anymore, no wimmins have been carted off to the funny farm or gotten pregnant since they took over. Progress folks!

I like Matt Cohen so I hope he is not for Liez.

The rumor came from a huge Liz fan on DD, so an ocean of salt is needed. Another rumor is that the HWs are going to do what they did on Y&R with Billy and Victoria with Jason and Sam, so I guess Sam may get an ONS with him out of it so they can do a NuDoc/Sam/Jason/Liz pseudo-quad. I REALLY hope this doesn't happen; but since its just a very weak rumor at this point, I doubt it will. Plus, if Sam's gonna sex up anyone, it needs to be Curtis.

• Love 2

If I had any care to give, I'd feel sorry for Jason. He went directly from being manipulated by Liz to being manipulated by her demon spawn. 

And of COURSE mean bully Sam is going to accuse poor poor victim Liz.  Of fucking course.  The ONLY thing that will curb my rage is if Liz takes her lumps like a fucking adult.  It's like being a recovering addict.  You don't get to be all put out when people don't trust you.  You fucked up and lost trust, and you need to EARN it back.  It's the same for Liz.  She doesn't get to act bent out of shape when people don't trust her right away.  She needs to EARN it back.  Unfortunately, it looks like these writers are just not interested in writing a real redemption arc for her.  Such a fucking waste of 7 months of complete bullshit.

February is sweeps right?  They better pull a miracle out of their asses.

The thing is this. Liz didn't break any trust. I mean she should have, but the show is not written as if she did much wrong. The only fallout is Jason moving out and refusing to continue to screw her. He is still interacting with her the most, she is carrying on as if she's the victim.

The whole Jason thing is a none event so to expect a followup of that kind, loosing trust/earning it back, is pointless. 

• Love 3

If I had any care to give, I'd feel sorry for Jason. He went directly from being manipulated by Liz to being manipulated by her demon spawn.

I just feel sorry for Billy Miller, who has been trapped in a garbage story since his arrival.

• Love 11

What sekrit is he hiding in his past? Ugh. Don't care.

He's married to Brad and that girl and got both of them pregnant.

I read a rumor that he'll be Liz's new penis.

If he's Liez's new penis I guess we can expect her to get pregnant again.

• Love 1

Did they give him a contract?

So I assume this is the doctor Lucas is calling to town for Sonny? Can we find out that he's Lucas' bad boy-ish ex from Seattle? #pleasepleaseplease

This might happen if he isn't on contract. After he fixes Sonny, we will see him, Lucas and Brad every 2 months instead of every 4 months.

Maybe he's the fluidity character that was rumored about! Yeah, right, this is GH were the men must be manly.

Can they stop trying to make Sam work with doctors? It will never be believable to me and it has consistently made her boring.

Is it because she calls herself, how do you say, "ride or die"?

• Love 2

I read a rumor that he'll be Liz's new penis.

If this is true I'm gonna go insane. Why have Liz do the shit she did just to have her suffer no consequences and actually get rewarded by having a hot new man? I fucking can't.

So I assume this is the doctor Lucas is calling to town for Sonny?  Can we find out that he's Lucas' bad boy-ish ex from Seattle? #pleasepleaseplease

Oh man, can you imagine? Shit I want this so bad now. Someone write fanfic!

The rumor came from a huge Liz fan on DD, so an ocean of salt is needed. Another rumor is that the HWs are going to do what they did on Y&R with Billy and Victoria with Jason and Sam, so I guess Sam may get an ONS with him out of it so they can do a NuDoc/Sam/Jason/Liz pseudo-quad.

This sounds like a nightmare scenario. I refuse to believe it could possibly happen. REFUSE!

• Love 3

I, too, hate the idea this guy is for Liz, but if JaSam are thrown together again, the pickings are slim. Even if I also think Liz should be single for the next decade or so. I can see GH trying to recreate a Scrubs vibe, having hospital personnel hook up.

But UGH. Liz can never be happy with whomever she has, so I'd give it a month before she is longing for someone else.

• Love 4

If this is true I'm gonna go insane. Why have Liz do the shit she did just to have her suffer no consequences and actually get rewarded by having a hot new man? I fucking can't.

On the one hand, I agree. It makes my blood boil that Liz has gone well past skating into being propped and rewarded. Worst of all the audience sat through this crap storyline with no comeuppance whatsoever for either Liz or Nik.  I've liked Matt Cohen ever since he was the Winchesters' dad on Supernatural and he deserves better than being stuck with Liz.

BUT I am so desperate for this fakkakta and infernal Jasam/Liz triangle, I'll take Liz being paired with anyone else.

• Love 3

Let's not forget (ugh) that the show definitely seems to be up to something with Franco and Liz.

But will the stupid show writers really want someone to point out that a Franco/Liz hookup would be unbelievably incestuous? Since THEY SHARE A GOD DAMN BROTHER?

But will the stupid show writers really want someone to point out that a Franco/Liz hookup would be unbelievably incestuous? Since THEY SHARE A GOD DAMN BROTHER?

Is it really less incestuous than having a relationship and sharing cousins/half-brother? (Dante and Lulu). Lucky and Liz are step-cousins once removed or something like that (Laura's step-father is Liz's dad's brother). On a soap, it just doesn't seem like a big deal to me. It's more gross to me because Franco being simply who he is.

• Love 5

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2016/01/general-hospital-spoilers-week-of-january-18-22-2016

I'm sure most of you can guess which spoiler I want to throw my shoe at

God, I'm so sorry. I haven't even been watching and now I know why. That Dante one is horrible. he needs to search his soul as to why he's such a complete and total prick.

And I bet you can guess which spoiler is making me rage uncontrollably.

But I'm with TeeVee329, they all suck.

• Love 3

He's Sonny's son - enough said.

Nope. It isn't. He's been his own character for years. That's like saying "well, Tad Martin, he's Ray's son, enough said." People, and characters, are guided, but don't have to be defined by their parents.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

Not all that surprising. This is the same show that had Sonny murder someone in cold blood and then rewarded him with a baby and Michael back to kissing his ass after being mad at him for all of 5 minutes.

No silly, DNAJ, stared at Ric with his soulless eyes and caused him to combust.

You're both wrong. Jake turned Ric into a jack-in-the-box and then wished him to the cornfield.

• Love 3

Is it really less incestuous than having a relationship and sharing cousins/half-brother? (Dante and Lulu). Lucky and Liz are step-cousins once removed or something like that (Laura's step-father is Liz's dad's brother). On a soap, it just doesn't seem like a big deal to me. It's more gross to me because Franco being simply who he is.

Liz and Lucky were never really family. Lucky didn't really have any relationships with extended family until he met Sly. Liz, Sarah and Steven Lars seemed to be more in touch with the Hardy side of the family. I don't really recall hearing Liz or Sarah (when they were the new teens in town) mention their Uncle Rick and his family. But the fact that Liz could actually say, "omg, we can never tell OUR BROTHER about this horrible mistake." Is not something I want to ever hear. And Franco being disgusting enough on his own is another level. But he and Liz share actual DNA with a sibling. Franco's feelings may not be of disgust, but Liz grew up with Steven Lars and loves him.

Dante and Lulu sure as hell don't count. Michael is Lulu's cousin. Michael and Dante aren't really brothers in my view. And at the very least, they didn't even meet until they were adults. So all of the little and big memories of being together growing up in a family just aren't there.

• Love 1

Nope. It isn't. He's been his own character for years. That's like saying "well, Tad Martin, he's Ray's son, enough said." People, and characters, are guided, but don't have to be defined by their parents.

And there's no reason for him to suddenly be "Sonny's son", he was raised by Olivia and her family. He wasn't even subjected to Sonny's example

• Love 2

Let me rephrase - under the current writing, he's Sonny son seems to be the reason. The Dante we watched for years would have never behaved the way this version is. He would have never just assumed Lulu is cheating on him and then slept with someone else and he would never have treated Lulu the way he has been.

Sonny, however, would and has done that and I think that the current writers think that this is how Sonny's son would behave - taking a nature over nurture stance with Dante and then reversing it to nurture over nature for Michael so that they call all bow down to Sonny.

I'm not saying it is right or the way the character should act based on his history - but it seems to be the way they are pushing him. That the writers failure to understand the basic nature of characters we have watched for years is probably one of the most frustrating aspects of this show.

Edited by cmahorror
  • Love 5