Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

Or Matt Hunter.

Poor Matt, forever paying for Lisa, while Patrick skates like it never happened to allow Anna to say things like, "I just don't understand why Robin left her PERFECT husband."*

*Yes, this was actual dialogue. Yes, I vomited.

• Love 7

Poor Matt, forever paying for Lisa, while Patrick skates like it never happened to allow Anna to say things like, "I just don't understand why Robin left her PERFECT husband."*

*Yes, this was actual dialogue. Yes, I vomited.

Even more inexcusable of a thing to say since Anna had known Dante for a while at that point!

• Love 7

At this point I think anyone is capable of doing anything for any reason at any time.

Ron has said in the past that if he writes it then it's in character.

He's wrong, of course. But that's his opinion. "People can't say that a character wouldn't do a particular thing when I have that character do a particular thing!"

• Love 10

It's even more smug coming from Ron than Aaron Sorkin.  Sorkin, at least, generally is the one who has been in charge of his shows and characters all along.  Ron is coming into a 50 year old show and deciding that he knows all these characters better than anyone, and he, and he alone, can determine what is and is not in character for all of them.  

• Love 11

I swung by the grocery store today and picked up a copy of ABC SID and a copy of SOD.  Here's spoilers from them, summarized by me:

ABC SID:

*The cover has a picture of Sonny looking serious with either blood or spilled ketchup on his shirt.

*"As the Nurses Ball gets underway May 1... someone is on the receiving end of a proposal!"

*Anna and Duke are knocked for a loop by Lucy.  They later deal with the consequences of a confession.

*Jordan's undercover work puts her life on the line.

*Molly finds out what her father has up his sleeve.

*Ric has something special in store for Elizabeth, but she "shares a close moment" with Jake the same day.  Liz later makes a major decision.

*Sam overhears a private conversation.

*Spencer does something dangerous to win Emma's hand.

*Hayden's identity and who is behind her is "blown up".  Carly is "right at the heart of the drama".

*The mob war blows up at the Nurses Ball.  There may not be gunfire, but there may be bloodshed.

*Lulu gets Nik to take in Valerie to get her away from Dante, but complications ensue.

*Franco and Nina hit a rough patch.

*"It doesn't look good" with Ava.

SOD:

*Ron Carlivati hints that Ava's "death" on April 16 may be the real deal.  "We kept writing ourselves into a corner with Ava... and then we painted her into this cancer corner and we kind of couldn't figure a way out, so, sorry Ava!"

*Another Nurses Ball tradition - Lucy ending up in her skivvies - will return.

*A giant step forward towards the revelation that Jake is Jason will happen at the Nurses Ball.

*"Duke has decided that Jordan's gotta go, and Julian and Carlos and their gang has decided that Duke's gotta go... blood will be spilled."  (Ron gets cagey about whether or not it will be fatal and who, if anyone, will die).

*Ned and Olivia's story will come to a head at the Nurse's Ball and both will leave this month.

*Carly is firmly on Sonny's side vis a vis baby A.J., but is torn.

*Carly is friends with Jake, but Sonny's dislike of him is growing.  Something will happen in May that will make Sonny hate Jake even more.

*Julian and Alexis's relationship will be severely tested.

*Nathan attends the Nurse's Ball with Ellie, and Maxie attends with Spinelli.  Hijinks ensue.

*Franco wonders if Nina took baby A.J., it causes a rift between them.

*Michael and Sabrina find their way towards each other.

*Tracy hopes Luke will be back to his old self or at least not his homicidal self when he gets out of the hospital.

Edited by yowsah1

It's even more smug coming from Ron than Aaron Sorkin.  Sorkin, at least, generally is the one who has been in charge of his shows and characters all along.  Ron is coming into a 50 year old show and deciding that he knows all these characters better than anyone, and he, and he alone, can determine what is and is not in character for all of them.  

Now I feel a rant coming on ... taking it to the Barge thread ...

SOD:

*Ron Carlivati hints that Ava's "death" on April 16 may be the real deal.  "We kept writing ourselves into a corner with Ava... and then we painted her into this cancer corner and we kind of couldn't figure a way out, so, sorry Ava!"

They wrote themselves into a corner with Ava? So it wasn't a good idea to have her kill an innocent woman for ...reasons? I am not an Ava fan, but a smarter writer could have made her into a schemer and a serious player for years to come. But Ava isn't special, Ron writes all of his characters into corners.

• Love 6

They wrote themselves into a corner with Ava? So it wasn't a good idea to have her kill an innocent woman for ...reasons? I am not an Ava fan, but a smarter writer could have made her into a schemer and a serious player for years to come. But Ava isn't special, Ron writes all of his characters into corners.

OMG, he is an idiot.  He loves to use hackney-ed, campy soap tropes, but he never thought to use the old fighting-over-a-gun-and-oops-it-goes-off-accidentally trick to make Ava semi-redeemable?   Again, an obvious way to avoid bad storytelling is staring them in the face, and the writers run off blindly in the opposite direction.  And now they're like "um, I guess that's like a problem now?  Huh."

• Love 3
*Jordan's undercover work puts her life on the line.

For the one millionth, completely pointless time ...

*Franco and Nina hit a rough patch.

Of shark-infested waters?   Pretty please?  

In marriage?!  They are children, for fuck's sake!!

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 3

Ron has said in the past that if he writes it then it's in character.

He's wrong, of course. But that's his opinion. "People can't say that a character wouldn't do a particular thing when I have that character do a particular thing!"

And the corollary, "You may not like it, but you have to accept it."

So is Ron just admitting he's a hack who doesn't give any long term thought to his plot point writing?

That's what I got from it. But is anyone truly surprised? We called this ages ago; I'm just shocked he's admitting it (though I'm sure he doesn't think that's what he's done).

• Love 4

So he can write Sonny murdering the bio father of his adopted kid, but AVA was written into a corner?  I don't buy it.  She isn't going anywhere.

I heard on twitter that Sam apparently overhears Olivia and Ned....that makes more sense than what I thought.  I was thinking she overheard Ric and Molly, but she wouldn't be torn over telling or not.  The Olivia thing makes more sense, and makes sense why she would talk to Patrick about telling or not.

• Love 1

So this article is why I read on another site that MW is out. The only way she's out is if her contract was up and she decided not to sign a new one. Otherwise, the Avery kidnapping was pointless. And no one questioned Silas as to why the baby was found in his apartment? Come on. Kiki and Michael know it wasn't them, who else lives there? And who else would be able to turn off the security cameras at the hospital?

Ava's not dead.

• Love 2
And no one questioned Silas as to why the baby was found in his apartment? Come on. Kiki and Michael know it wasn't them, who else lives there? And who else would be able to turn off the security cameras at the hospital?

Lauren is staying at Silas's apartment, and he's in NYC. Plus, Nathan talked to him earlier. And of course Lauren and Morgan would lie about why Avery was there. This part has some actual logic, not just soap logic. And don't forget that the PCPD doesn't know Avery is back, so Dante is going with what he currently knows.

I'll give you the last point, though I bet everything will be forgotten once it's common knowledge Avery is back.

GH CASTING NEW ROLE
By SOD • Posted: Apr 29, 2015

GH is seeking a name actor to play a "handsome, charming Caucasian man in his 50s." It is described as a major recurring role

If this is for a recast Ned, I'll be amused if they lose this one yet again because they refuse to make the role into a contract one

GH CASTING NEW ROLE

GH is seeking a name actor to play a "handsome, charming Caucasian man in his 50s." It is described as a major recurring role

If this is for a recast Ned, I'll be amused if they lose this one yet again because they refuse to make the role into a contract one

This better be a recast. We do not need ANOTHER MOTHERFUCKING NEW CHARACTER ON THIS MOTHERFUCKING SHOW. 

• Love 7

GH CASTING NEW ROLE

Cast James DePaiva or the number of fucks I give is gone. The end.

• Love 5

Lauren is staying at Silas's apartment, and he's in NYC. Plus, Nathan talked to him earlier. And of course Lauren and Morgan would lie about why Avery was there. This part has some actual logic, not just soap logic. And don't forget that the PCPD doesn't know Avery is back, so Dante is going with what he currently knows.

I'll give you the last point, though I bet everything will be forgotten once it's common knowledge Avery is back.

I know Dante and Nathan don't yet know Avery is back, but it was obvious Kiki and Morgan didn't take her because they were shocked she was back. If that were me the first thing I'd do is call my dad. It is his apartment after all. And Silas has been back and forth between NYC and PC, he was in GH the day Avery went missing, he spoke to Nina there. Why his own daughter doesn't know that he's back and forth is beyond me.

I guess the whole kidnapping was a plot to create the drama with Michael, Kiki, Morgan, Carly, and Sonny as well as put a chink in Nina and Franco's relationship, but if Silas did take the baby to try to save Ava that was so unethical he should lose his medical license. Ava didn't want to use the baby to save herself and Silas is no relation to the baby so deciding to do what he possibly did is criminal on a few levels.

• Love 1
Why his own daughter doesn't know that he's back and forth is beyond me.

You answered your own question. It's Lauren. She's a moron. I also think she doesn't give much thought to Silas unless she needs something from him. Telling him Avery is back would be for his convenience, not hers. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

Frank Valentini just announced Genie Francis' return on Twitter!

Yay! Yet another vet to screw over! <Throws confetti> You'd think Genie would remember what Guza did to Laura and just stay away. Carlivati is no better. Sometimes, loyalty sucks.

• Love 2

Bruh. Can we trade Nina, Franco, Sloane, or Kid Who Acts Like A Menopausal Adult #3 for Lucky now? Damn, I've seen some scary rumblings of wanting He Who Shall Not Be Named in that mystery male role.

That guy.... who acted opposite Greenlee. So, Rebecca Budig can take her bad voojoo with her and go anyday now.

• Love 1
Frank Valentini just announced Genie Francis' return on Twitter!

I wonder if it's a contract return or—fingers crossed—she'll help Tony shuffle off to Amsterdam permanently. It's past time for Luke to be gone.

He also announced the official NB logo. They can spend the time and money on that but poor Anna is still living and working (and being sexually harassed) at the MetroCourt?

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 10

Ugh, now I'm thinking the mystery man in his 50s is either an undead Papa Reeves or Nathan's birth father.

No way Papa Reeves is in his 50's given Magdalene looks 70's and Nina looks late 40's.

• Love 1

He could have visited Julian Jerome's plastic surgeon. ;)

That was one of things that really bothered me about Silas/Sam - aside from the boredom and Silas being awful. Sam's dad looked younger than her boyfriend and she had more chem with Julian than Silas. It was hilariously awkward

• Love 5

I haven't caught up on Spoilers (yet)...

If Carly's plan is to blow up Ric's world in the middle of the Nurses Ball **cough *Mob War* cough** than I want Liz to go Full-Tarantino and start flippin' tables and deck him right in the family jewels..ya know right before she pulls out the Highlander's sword. #LizWaaayOverDueForaMeltdownHellew #RunRicRun

In the midst of the Ball, henceforth called Mob War, I wanna see henchmen brandishing Samurai swords, oozies, paint guns, Sonny strapped to a Wheel of Fortune spinning, round and round, Kiki clocked upside the head as she tends to a trampled Morgan, Olivia bent over grasping her temples mid-psychic vision blurting out: "Omg, ya'll Rosebud was a Sled(!!), Julian crouched down behind the bar with Alexis knocking back the hard stuff while he performs a running commentary on the mayhem (using the mic he stole from the stage), which is picked up live on all the networks.
Michael at home with AJ, and Monica noshing popcorn watching it all on tv cackling. #QsOverdueforaLaugh  NursesBall/MobWarTarantinoStyle2015 Go!!

Whauuut?

Edited by scotlore
  • Love 2

Now that I have typed all those spoilers, I'd like to comment on a few...

Given that Spencer worships the ground Sonny walks on (blech), and with all this talk about "bloodshed at the Nurses Ball", maybe he tries to take out Cameron?  Could Ron do his homage to THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA by having Spencer attempt to drop Chandy on someone?

*Hayden's identity and who is behind her is "blown up".  Carly is "right at the heart of the drama".

*The mob war blows up at the Nurses Ball.  There may not be gunfire, but there may be bloodshed.

The wording RC kept using made me think "bomb".  Would he really go back to well so soon?

*"Duke has decided that Jordan's gotta go, and Julian and Carlos and their gang has decided that Duke's gotta go... blood will be spilled."  (Ron gets cagey about whether or not it will be fatal and who, if anyone, will die).

I know everybody thinks Duke is going to bite it, but I keep thinking there is going to be a swerve here and Duke will end up being the killer, not the killee.

*Carly is firmly on Sonny's side vis a vis baby A.J., but is torn.

She hasn't been "torn" yet, why should she start now?

*Carly is friends with Jake, but Sonny's dislike of him is growing.  Something will happen in May that will make Sonny hate Jake even more.

I hope that even after the truth comes out, that Sonny and Jake hate each other.  Or at the very least that Jake wants nothing to do with Sonny ever again.  I also want world peace and a unicorn.

*Julian and Alexis's relationship will be severely tested.

... again...

*Nathan attends the Nurse's Ball with Ellie, and Maxie attends with Spinelli.  Hijinks ensue.

I could dig a Nellie pairing.  Get rid of Spinelli and make it a Nathan/Ellie/Maxie triangle, with Maxie on the outside scheming desperately to get in.

*Tracy hopes Luke will be back to his old self or at least not his homicidal self when he gets out of the hospital.

Hey, I've got an idea for a never-before-done story on GH.  Instead of having Luke explore his dark side, how about having him explore his light side for once?

(SID actually had a really cool idea vis a vis this story - do a bunch of flashbacks from Luke's past (and iconic GH moments) with Fluke weighing in on What It All Means to Him.  This could be really awesome...).

• Love 2

I am guessing Genie Francis being back (Yasss!) will likely be Luke-centric.  

Could she also please pay a visit to Nikolas before he kills all the Jedi Padawan and fully assumes the role of Darth Cassadine?
She's usually pretty good at talking him off the ledge. 
Also, we need RonRon to write at least 1 scene that makes Nikolas finally articulate, (ya know to us), why he is so on fire to steal the Qs company away from his onetwoolove Emily's family.   #Askingtoomuch?..Likely

Edited by scotlore
  • Love 4
Nikolas finally articulate, (ya know to us), why he is so on fire to steal the Qs company away from his onetwoolove Emily's family.

1) Helena will hurt his family.

2) Helena will tell [someone] that Nik burned the ballots for the mayoral election.

3) Helena.