Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E15: Chapter Twenty-Eight: There Will Be Blood

• Start Topic

Last week was the best this show has been in a long time. We shall see and hope it continues. The previously made me miss Smithers. Also love that the previously s included almost zero to nothing about the cabin except for FPS phone call to Jughead about the trailer park.

Yeah.. look I know Hiram is clearly playing Fred here with Mayor stuff and all that buts all hilarious how he’s having the guy who hooked up with his wife over for dinner. Amazing. It’s funny.

I’m on the fence about Polly and her return. On one hand I prefer Polly over Chic. Worst character ever! On the other hand I’m not Polly’s biggest fan.. I find her boring and since last season she does nothing. And I have no real interest in the babies. I don’t think she has a place on the show this season. So end verdict is I really can’t stand either of Betty’s siblings but I would prefer Polly over Chic.

Now Chic and Betty and Kevin cat fishing.. yuck. One I hate that Betty seems separated from Veronica and Archie and Jughead and the Lodges. Also I know everyone was excited about Betty and Kevin and friendship scenes but.. ick that this is what it is. Also once again.. I’m so confused. When Betty was doing webcam, I still have no idea what we were supposed to take from it given that last week they had her use the same wig and outfit to be sexual in a good way with Jughead.. so now she’s using Kevin as catfish bait? And that’s cool and dandy? Okay, seriously, the show needs to pick a lane or something.

New story; Fred’s wanted to be mayor since he was a teen? I know the Lodges probably want Fred as a puppet and they probably assume he’s simple minded but all the same where did this come from?

I love Cheryl. My only fear when she is on screen is that the show will mess her up like they did in the one episode where she stalked Josie.

Oh Hal! God damn it show! I like Hal. He rules. Betty move in with your dad! Chic is a psychopath who is ruining this show with all his scenes.

I’m excited that everyone is finding out that Hiram is buying all of Riverdale to turn it into Lodgeville. Also nice for a Jughead/Archie scene that isn’t about their respective relationships(I know Archie mentioned Veronica but mostly in relation to what that means for him and The Lodges and how he has to play). Again though.. what side is Archie playing here? I can’t tell. I know it’s been discussed that he likes this dark side he gets to explore with Hiram and the mob but I still feel like deep down.. we’re supposed to see Archie’s moral compass or else why would he come to Jughead and tell him about the pops thing? 

Kind of love that Jughead enlists both Alice and Betty for help and Alice is all for it now. Okay Alice.. one good scene where you aren’t interacting with your creeper son.

Ugh. The scene with the babies and creeper Chic. Nothing to say. Also super disappointed Jugheads scenes didn’t include him holding one of the twins. That would have been adorable.

Cheroni scenes! This is what I’m here for I think at this point in this episode.

I love how after Fred has been MIA for like forever he has come back full force in this episode! Also love Veronica trying to help. Also Veronica your parents were going to tell the world about Mayor McCoys affair so.. they kind of did have a part in her resigning. 

So the big surprise of the Will was that the Coopers get half of the money. I want to like Alice and her big fight at the will reading but she has sucked since Chic has arrived I can’t get behind her anymore. She used to be awesome. Remember when she threw a brick at the newspaper office? I miss that Alice.

So okay the big surprise of the will wasn’t the Coopers getting some money but a surprise guest! Cliff Blossom has a twin(because of course he did!) does this mean there’s a chance Chic IS a blossom?  God I hope so! I don’t get why everyone wants him to FPS son, I’m cool with Falice as a ship but whatever.

Chic ruins the scene with the dinner. He doesn’t want to get his blood tested? Why because he’s not reall Chic Cooper? Ugh. So many anvils they’re dropping.

I don’t know how I feel about the Veronica and Himrione scene.

Ew another scene of Kevin cat fishing Chic. No Kevin Chic isn’t a good guy. He’s creepy as hell. Even just talking he’s creepy.

Well, at least the show is trying to use all their characters. Josie even gets some sceen time, it’s like four seconds but here we are.

And hey Mayor MCCoy gets to talk too. 

Ha! Love Alice choosing the babies over Chic! Good plan, Betty! Also the babies can stay if they keep Chic unhappy!

I know Veronica is trying to protect Archie by telling her parents she told Jughead about Pops. But way to throw Jughead under the bus. Also sorry to all those Vughead shippers who really thought that was a ship that was happening anytime soon. 

FP and Jughead scenes.  Also when Jughead that fall I kind of had a feeling it was not going to be a real person with information but a Hiram lackey to beat some fear into Jughead. 

Archie has to be without a shirt at least in one scene apparently. Also.. while you protected Archie, I’m pretty sure you didn’t protect Jughead. Also Veronica wants to play devil advocate with Archie but he knows more than she thinks he knows.

Well finally at least Betty is Nancy Drewing Chic even if it’s like three episodes too late. Also god I hate the character and the anvils they keep dropping.

Also Jughead goes to meet some random stranger by himself? I find myself surprised that I was wrong it was Smithers who was the unknown caller! But also didn’t any of the core four meet Smithers? I swear they did at one point. But also.. aw very sweet that he does care about Veronica. 

The Blossoms diner with new uncle was hilarious. I loved every second. 

Polly I love you! “Can I say one thing? Chic is creepy!” Yes he is. 

Also .. Alice let Chic take the twins somewhere?  What the hell? 

Oh Archie.. maybe you shouldn’t take that journal where you kept detailed notes while you have shady meetings in front of fire places? And don’t tell Hiram you are keeping the journal? I was thinking Hiram is going  to have Veronica steal said journal. Also wonder what “detailed notes” Archie keeps? 

Bye Polly! You ruled for the time being you were here. I wish you stayed longer. But I totally understand not wanting your kids to be around a psychopath

Also so this is where Varchie versus Bughead begins, I guess? But hey at least Fred has a moral compass. Turning Riverdale into prison land isn’t going to work. Also.. I suppose Archie has chosen his side. Guess he doesn’t have a moral compass after all. This makes me like Archie less and less again. Maybe like my theory he’s still playing both sides but I never know. Either they don’t write him compelling enough or KJ just can’t sell me on what the story should be telling me.

Also Hermione Lodge running for mayor.

And yes!!! Blood tests reveal Chic isn’t Chic Cooper!!!! Yes! 

I now dislike Archie more and more again. 

Looks like the core four is over for a little bit. I’m glad they got to have fun last week because seems like all the friendships are going to be hurt for a little.

This episode was really good actually, except for the stuff with Chic, the only saving grace of those scenes being Polly who also thinks hes creepy. She was awesome, which I was surprised by. Also Cherni scenes were cute. And the Bughead scenes were good too.

Not my favorite episode but I wouldn't call it a bad episode by any stretch.

The writers have GOT to tone down Jughead.   This kid really see's himself as the lone hero who will thwart all evil in the world.  Will he be having crossovers with Arrow, Flash and Supergirl in the near future?  Good grief.  If Hiram were harvesting rare minerals from all the properties he's buying and then having it processed to act as fuel for a secretly constructed weather machine, that will freeze the world, Jughead wouldn't seem so overwrought. As it is, unless i missed something, Hiram is callous and greedy, I'd hardly call him Lex Luthor.

And if Criminals need to go to jail in Riverdale, then FP, Alice, Jughead and Betty should be even further up the river, considering they disposed of a body recently.  FP calling ANYONE corrupt is the punchline of a knock knock joke.

In other news.......

Uncle Claudius?!?!?!?! And that backstory, twins, curses, there is NOTHING about the Blossom's that isn't disturbed.  Though I love the fact that the families on this show are so "Game of Thrones."  Claudius has longed to get revenge on "The Lodges"?!?!?!?!  Can this show PLEASE get a Prequel?  The Blossoms are The Lannister's, The Lodges are The Tyrells, The Andrews are the Starks, The Coopers are...maybe the Tully's.  The way theses families relate to and regard each other, is one of the most macabre and sinister aspects of this show.  I like it.

OMG, the top that Hermione Lodge was wearing during the dinner Fred Andrews was SO EXQUISITE.  Her entire look was flawless.  Her relationship with Veronica has gone through quite the metamorphosis.  When they first came to town, they were a definitive team.  When Hermione's future was not quite so extravagant, she seemed much more nurturing and compassionate.  Now that she's in "power" again, her coldness radiates. She is grooming Veronica to be quite the little Frankenstein, her pupil isn't totally on board yet, but I think it's still early days.

And wow, this was the first time we saw Hiram lose his temper with his Miha (I loved the dress Veronica wore here, were there ruffles on the left side of the dress?).  Based on Veronica's reaction, she's not use to her father's ire being directed at her.  If Jughead does bring down Hiram, whats to stop The Lodges from foreclosing on The Trailer Park, Pops and everything else that'll hurt Riverdale?

I guess we've found the limits to Archie's willingness to the toe the Lodge line.  He does not like them spinning their web around his father.  He knows Hirman loathes Fred so it's no wonder his antenna was up.  It was also good to see him stand up to Veronica.  I actually really like them together, but I also like that she can't ALWAYS wrap Archie around her little finger.  Even though between the two, I much prefer her, I like it when she has to "work" for what she wants.

Next week looks good.

Edited by Advance35
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

I loved how every character reacted to the news that Fred might run for mayor with "Why?"

And Fred being like “it’s been a dream of mine for a long time” what? Okay.

Also they don’t need to tone down Jughead. Almost everyone on this show is dramatically over dramatic. They all are! Every single character.

Except for Fred. He’s the only normal person. And kind of Hal now too. And Polly. Polly is our voice as viewers I think. She’ll disappear for a little, come back and see what fresh new hell has arrived in town and/or her home and then peace out.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 6

Veronica must have a magical who ha or something because I can't understand why Archie would go all blood brother with Hiram and getting rid of his only leverage. I don't see Varchie as an emotionally stable relationship I don't get where the "love" comes from.

Lol its a freaking prison. That's what all this shady crap is about. I wouldn't want a prison to move next door but it isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Archie you dumb ass you bring up how the black hood changed things for you and now you think it's a good idea to bring in a butt load of criminals. 

I would have died if Hiram called Jughead a "meddling kid." Jughead acting like he is the only one to save the town and Hiram acting like Jughead is the only one to take him down.

• Love 8
Just now, notcreative enough said:

Veronica must have a magical who ha or something because I can't understand why Archie would go all blood brother with Hiram and getting rid of his only leverage. I don't see Varchie as an emotionally stable relationship I don't get where the "love" comes from.

Lol its a freaking prison. That's what all this shady crap is about. I wouldn't want a prison to move next door but it isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Archie you dumb ass you bring up how the black hood changed things for you and now you think it's a good idea to bring in a butt load of criminals. 

I would have died if Hiram called Jughead a "meddling kid." Jughead acting like he is the only one to save the town and Hiram acting like Jughead is the only one to take him down.

I think there might be more to it than a prison? Something more to do with what disgraced The Lodges back in NYC. There has to be more. Why would they need to buy a newspaper that badly to control the press just for a prison?

Im also still holding out hope that Archie is really in this with The Lodges. Because he’s going against his father and his best friend if it’s true.

AAs creepy as chic has been.. And as much as I kinda want him yo not be her son anf it be something totally outta left field ( half blk brother like one tree hill)  I kinda felt for chic this episode.. Betty was just too much this episode( like most episodes)  she bullies kev into catfishing chic.. She's openly hostile towards him when he's with the babies.. She's now asking him to leave and to bring her cheating ass daddy back.. She's rummaging in the garbage and who knows if that's really chic's floss.. 

And show the Lodges are not Italian mobsters.. They are to my belief Latin(x)  so can we quit it.. With the " this thing of ours" the "capo" "omerta" and every other cliche it makes their actual ethnicity seem irrelevant 

1 minute ago, UNOSEZ said:

AAs creepy as chic has been.. And as much as I kinda want him yo not be her son anf it be something totally outta left field ( half blk brother like one tree hill)  I kinda felt for chic this episode.. Betty was just too much this episode( like most episodes)  she bullies kev into catfishing chic.. She's openly hostile towards him when he's with the babies.. She's now asking him to leave and to bring her cheating ass daddy back.. She's rummaging in the garbage and who knows if that's really chic's floss.. 

And show the Lodges are not Italian mobsters.. They are to my belief Latin(x)  so can we quit it.. With the " this thing of ours" the "capo" "omerta" and every other cliche it makes their actual ethnicity seem irrelevant 

Eh.. sorry no I’m on bettys side throughout this whole episode. I sincerely hope they don’t backtrack on chic not being Chic. The character is awful and he is creepy and had them hide a body of someone he killed while he did nothing to help. I want the character off my screen.

7 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Eh.. sorry no I’m on bettys side throughout this whole episode. I sincerely hope they don’t backtrack on chic not being Chic. The character is awful and he is creepy and had them hide a body of someone he killed while he did nothing to help. I want the character off my screen.

I guess part of my post is because Betty has gotten away with so much bad behavior.. And her actions rarely get called out.. What she had Kevin doing was gross.. I'm glad he finally said enough.. If it wasn't for the fact that I also don't like chic( tho him saying bye to Polly who I can't stand either was funny)  I'd want her to be wrong.. And have her face some kind of consequence

• Love 2
1 hour ago, RogerDodger said:

I loved how every character reacted to the news that Fred might run for mayor with "Why?"

Since when? We know that all of the parents are around the same age and know each other from back in the day; you'd think one of them would have had something to say about Fred's long love civic involvement and engagement. You'd think Hiram "The Ram" Lodge might have prefaced the discussion of Fred running for mayor by talking about how Fred was always on student council.

46 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I think there might be more to it than a prison? Something more to do with what disgraced The Lodges back in NYC. There has to be more. Why would they need to buy a newspaper that badly to control the press just for a prison?

This show isn't smart enough to really think through the Lodges' shady plans. What if the Lodges are building a bunch of for profit prisons where the prisoners are also doing near sweatshop work for pennies AND the Lodges are using the influx of prisoners to create new House seats that are entirely beholden to them.

I can't decide if Archie is all in with the Lodges because he's too stupid to know better or just stupid enough to believe them. Is there a difference? I'm not sure there is in his case.

Chic is tha worst. However, Betty using Kevin to catfish Chic tells me that Betty and Chic are probably related at least spiritually and certainly in a past life. But for real, this is not shit that normal people do.

It's too bad Veronica's up her own ass about her shady ass family because she and Kevin could be having the time of their lives cracking jokes about Cheryl's Flowers in the Attic gothic horror show of a family.

• Love 3

This was a good episode but I feel like chic brings the whole show down. I thought Polly was awesome tonight.

Im not sure how I feel about the Mayor stuff because honestly I do find the Lodges stuff kind of boring and things we had seen before in tv shows. Even argued getting involved is things we’ve seen before, if he’s actually in it or if he’s playing The Lodges.

Also I don’t get the Betty hate. Yes getting Kevin to catfish wasn’t great but she’s a teenager making lots of questionable choices (I’m not a fan) bits it’s odd to me how many people on the forums don’t like her and want to yell about  everything she does, when other characters do terrible things and people don’t mind as much. Jughead gets this too. I find things Archie and Veronica do terrible and no one says anything, same with Cheryl. In fact people praise them sometimes for their terrible actions. I don’t get it.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 3

New story; Fred’s wanted to be mayor since he was a teen? I know the Lodges probably want Fred as a puppet and they probably assume he’s simple minded but all the same where did this come from?

Ugh--in a dazzling purple histrionic aria of an episode, full of black lace and red lipstick and blood oaths and dialogue that sounds, to quote Anne Lamott, like a childhood play by the Gabor Sisters, Fred's sudden "I've always wanted to be mayor" just was... hilarious for all the wrong reasons.  This is like somebody announcing their dream since preschool was to become County Comptroller--a worthy task and and important one, but not something one dreams of being unless they're from a hugely connected political family, which the Andrews are not. Utterly ridiculous, and since they had Hermione run anyway, which was a much better idea from the get go, why did they even bother with all this? It seemed like much ado about nothing and no more than elaborate plot mechanics: although if Fred turns out to decide to run on his own, that would be fab. Especially if he uses Veronica's buttons!

Archie's wavering and flopping is getting exhausting to watch. I hope that it's going to turn out to be that he's playing Hiram and Hermione the whole time, and that the whole "We're leaving!/No dad, I'm staying" was just an elaborate setup to keep Archie on the inside, but let's face it--nothing Archie's done makes us think he has the brains to pull that off.  

(I mean, from what we've seen he could be doing that: he never showed Hiram the contents of the notebook and he could have burned anything or made copies easily enough. I'm just not seeing him as some kind of mastermind behind the scenes Svengali.)

(Also, WTF is up with his creepily straight across hairline??? It kept distracting me the whole hour. It looks like the top of Frankenstein's Monster's head!)

Moving on to Jughead and the Endless Web of his own weaving: at least the show knows when to go with the classics: Wall of Evidence! It'll Kill My Sick Mother! I Know A Guy In Prison! Meet Me At The Bus Station For Frankly Pretty Vague Info! Ahhh, every square of the Bizarro World Candyland game that is Riverdale got a marker on it. 

I found Jughead much more tolerable this time out, probably because his crusading righteousness was padded and boffed off most of the other characters and it felt much more connected to the general craziness than some kind of Noble Hero crap. I really don't get why it's so damn important to put this into a high school newspaper: either just put it on the web already or contact a bigger paper! Hiram's big news and there's tons of reporters who'd kill for a lead like this. But I guess Riverdale's in the middle of the cornfield from that Twilight Zone episode and has no contact with the outside world. The only reason the Lodges are getting away with this shit is that Jughead is refusing to try to get actual NEWS OUTLETS interested!

Hey Polly! How's The Farm that apparently was going to be a plot line until it wasn't? Cute babies! (seriously, those kids? ADORABLE.) Nice of you to pop by and meet the golum that's invaded your house! Also, your dad is suddenly the voice of reason around here and that means you lighting out for San Fran is probably a very very good idea. Also, your sister's got a lot on her plate--did she tell you about the time Alice killed a guy and hid the body with FP's help? No? Well, don't worry about it, once Bets gets the DNA back from that dental floss everything'll be fine. Unless that creepster burns down the house.  Also she's convincing her BF Kevin to catfish him (with perfect acting choices, again: that pout she gave Kevin to talk him into it was gold) and kind of being a cam girl. Seriously. Pack up that car and don't look back.

And the cherry on top of this sundae of madness: The Blossoms! I wish there could be a spinoff  just for them and their VC Andrews-on-a-meth-binge insanity! This had everything: public will readings, evil twins back from the dead (I normally would postulate that Cliff was the evil twin, but please. They're Evil and More Evil), outrageous bequests to all with "a drop of Blossom Blood," Cheryl being the True Heir--she still is, right?, plots between Evil Twin and Penelope while Cheryl listens in: ahhhhhh, bliss. This is the kind of over the top stuff I love.

In contrast, the whole For Profit Prison Lodgeville thing is...less than that.  It's kind of boring and prosaic and frankly nowhere near the kind of controversial kind of barnburner the show seems to think it is. I'm hoping it's a cover for what they're really doing, but again...you can't tell when it's going to zig, zag, or just wander off for a while and forget what it's doing.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Snookums said:

Ugh--in a dazzling purple histrionic aria of an episode, full of black lace and red lipstick and blood oaths and dialogue that sounds, to quote Anne Lamott, like a childhood play by the Gabor Sisters, Fred's sudden "I've always wanted to be mayor" just was... hilarious for all the wrong reasons.  This is like somebody announcing their dream since preschool was to become County Comptroller--a worthy task and and important one, but not something one dreams of being unless they're from a hugely connected political family, which the Andrews are not. Utterly ridiculous, and since they had Hermione run anyway, which was a much better idea from the get go, why did they even bother with all this? It seemed like much ado about nothing and no more than elaborate plot mechanics: although if Fred turns out to decide to run on his own, that would be fab. Especially if he uses Veronica's buttons!

Archie's wavering and flopping is getting exhausting to watch. I hope that it's going to turn out to be that he's playing Hiram and Hermione the whole time, and that the whole "We're leaving!/No dad, I'm staying" was just an elaborate setup to keep Archie on the inside, but let's face it--nothing Archie's done makes us think he has the brains to pull that off.  

(I mean, from what we've seen he could be doing that: he never showed Hiram the contents of the notebook and he could have burned anything or made copies easily enough. I'm just not seeing him as some kind of mastermind behind the scenes Svengali.)

(Also, WTF is up with his creepily straight across hairline??? It kept distracting me the whole hour. It looks like the top of Frankenstein's Monster's head!)

Moving on to Jughead and the Endless Web of his own weaving: at least the show knows when to go with the classics: Wall of Evidence! It'll Kill My Sick Mother! I Know A Guy In Prison! Meet Me At The Bus Station For Frankly Pretty Vague Info! Ahhh, every square of the Bizarro World Candyland game that is Riverdale got a marker on it. 

I found Jughead much more tolerable this time out, probably because his crusading righteousness was padded and boffed off most of the other characters and it felt much more connected to the general craziness than some kind of Noble Hero crap. I really don't get why it's so damn important to put this into a high school newspaper: either just put it on the web already or contact a bigger paper! Hiram's big news and there's tons of reporters who'd kill for a lead like this. But I guess Riverdale's in the middle of the cornfield from that Twilight Zone episode and has no contact with the outside world. The only reason the Lodges are getting away with this shit is that Jughead is refusing to try to get actual NEWS OUTLETS interested!

Hey Polly! How's The Farm that apparently was going to be a plot line until it wasn't? Cute babies! (seriously, those kids? ADORABLE.) Nice of you to pop by and meet the golum that's invaded your house! Also, your dad is suddenly the voice of reason around here and that means you lighting out for San Fran is probably a very very good idea. Also, your sister's got a lot on her plate--did she tell you about the time Alice killed a guy and hid the body with FP's help? No? Well, don't worry about it, once Bets gets the DNA back from that dental floss everything'll be fine. Unless that creepster burns down the house.  Also she's convincing her BF Kevin to catfish him (with perfect acting choices, again: that pout she gave Kevin to talk him into it was gold) and kind of being a cam girl. Seriously. Pack up that car and don't look back.

And the cherry on top of this sundae of madness: The Blossoms! I wish there could be a spinoff  just for them and their VC Andrews-on-a-meth-binge insanity! This had everything: public will readings, evil twins back from the dead (I normally would postulate that Cliff was the evil twin, but please. They're Evil and More Evil), outrageous bequests to all with "a drop of Blossom Blood," Cheryl being the True Heir--she still is, right?, plots between Evil Twin and Penelope while Cheryl listens in: ahhhhhh, bliss. This is the kind of over the top stuff I love.

In contrast, the whole For Profit Prison Lodgeville thing is...less than that.  It's kind of boring and prosaic and frankly nowhere near the kind of controversial kind of barnburner the show seems to think it is. I'm hoping it's a cover for what they're really doing, but again...you can't tell when it's going to zig, zag, or just wander off for a while and forget what it's doing.

I love everything about this post.

I too find the Lodge stufff boring, therefore Mayor stuff is boring.

Also I do hope archie is playing The Lodges, because otherwise.. aren’t we supposed to root for him? How can we root for him when he’s siding with terrible people? Because from all I’ve seen they are bad people. Plus I still feel like building a prison is code for other things, darker things. And also The Lodges are generally bad people, we know they’re mob members, they have no  issues with hurting and killing people, they are bad peoples, so either Archie has to be playing them or the show doesn’t want us rooting for him. And yeah.. it is hard to believe that Archie could pull that off.. so who knows. Maybe Jughead is giving him tips on how to be convincing in that regard? 

I just want Chic off my screen. He’s a terrible character and a terrible story. I don’t know why they did it and now Alice is terrible because of it. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Cthulhudrew said:

The long-lost, forgotten twin brother? Really?

Bad enough everyone on this show seems to have gotten a lobotomy between season one and two, but now this tired cliche? I think I'm outta here.

I agree on all counts. Except I think I’m in this show until this season ends and then I’m going to decide if I’ll return for season three.  It’s a mess and it’s riddled with cliches but they do still have some good stuff- I still enjoy Bughead even have small moments they get but they still have a major problem trying to get me into the major plots of this season.

Like I said, I hope they don’t reverse that Chic isn’t Chic, because as I keep saying he’s the worst. And I hate to keep repeating but HD does nothing for me in this role! He’s creepy yes but HD overacts it so much it takes me out of scenes most of the time. My only good feelings about the scenes with him in this episode was Polly’s interactions with him. Like wow, I’ve never liked Polly all that much but she became my new favorite character tonight just for that.

So, the Lodges' Evil, Horrible, Grand Plan with all the land they are buying is to... make a prison?  I mean, yeah, I can see that sucking on some levels, but I was really, really expecting something way more sinister here.  And then the other part of their plan was apparently to convince Fred to run as mayor, but thanks to Jughead causing them to have to get out in front of the story, Fred is now a no go, so Heromine is running instead.  But I'm going to guess Fred look at those buttons will mean that he might try and run himself opposite of the Lodges.  Which could really make things fun for Archie and Veronica!

Polly pops in for a second to show off the babies, but then understandably bails again after seeing how creepy Chic is.  Yeah, I wouldn't want my kids anywhere near him.  At least Betty got a little information about him thanks to making poor Kevin go along with her catfish scam.  And it now is looking like he isn't actually related to them?

Silly me, I thought Josie might actually have something to do and team up with Archie to help him out, but instead she was just there to convince McCoy to try and talk Fred out of running (which pretty much amounted to nothing.)

Archie's going all in now with Team Lodge.  But I'm totally choosing to believe that Hiram doesn't actually usually make his followers do blood oaths, but he did it this time for shits and giggles, because he knew if anyone would do it, it would be Archie!

Everything involving the Blossoms was pure gold, as always.  From Penelope and Nana, to Tori pretty much being the audiences surrogate, to Cheryl being Cheryl, all the way to a freaking "identical twin" twist out of freaking nowhere!  Riverdale truly wouldn't be the town it is without this nutty family around!

• Love 3

Yes chic is weird and creepy.. But to be fair if were just gonna go off of what the show has shown to us.. He's grown up in the system and at various times has been a rent boy.. Hes runbwith varying degrees of bad crews.. He's obviously had a hard life..never really had a family... Someone from his admittedly shitty past just tried to kill him in a place he was starting to feel safe..  And what did he really do this episode besides look at things very damn intensely... Betty is increasingly hostile towards him.. Actively trying to catch him in lies so she can get rid of him.. Polly just showed up and was her usual horrible self.. The two of them couldn't even hide their disdain and fear when he was around the babies.. As of now with no other candidates Hal cooper is his dad and has NEVER been anything but horrible to him verbally abusive dismissive and antagonistic. His privacy..  which I'm assuming he's never really had before has been intruded upon.. By his self anointed judge( or savior like 2 weeks ago)  and all that it might prove is that he isn't Hal's son and given Hal's reaction to him that may be true..  

I don't actually like chic he's boring and weird ( tho that could be from ablifetime of trauma severe abandonment issues and if he really is at least Alice's kid mental health issues)  if he turns out to be playing some long con ima be upset.. Because what's the point (Plot wise)

I hope Toni is a secret blossom 

Jughead was way way way too much in the beginning of the episode 

Didn't Toni and jughead have a friendship? 

If calling Veronica Mija  is all the Spanish were gonna get what was the  point in casting 3 latin(x)  who basically are a cross between upper crust wasps and Italian mafioso? 

Where are Reggie and the pussycats? 

After a week of  having their own agency Kevin and Josie are back to being lapdogs

What was the point of Cheryl stalking Josie? (Other than the show finding another way to screw chuck) 

Will Kevin ever find out that Betty and Veronica knew his dad was creeping? 

Archie vandalized property incited a street fight and pulled a gun on ppl.. Betty drugged handcuffed and almost drowned a boy I just like to remind myself if thus every once in a while 

• Love 4

My favourite part of this episode is definitely how Jughead and Archie jumped on the same obscure analogy of likening Mr. Lodge to Dracula, and then Archie had to explain the analogy to Mr. Lodge and the audience. I still don't get it. But it makes me wonder if Archie heard Jughead say the analogy and thought, "That's smart! I'm going to use it!" or if they both just independently made the same weird connection. I don't know which option I want to believe in more.

My second favourite thing is how Mr. Lodge's mob has a sacred tradition of becomming blood brothers without touching hands.

9 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Without getting super political about it, for-profit prisons are the most evil type of prison you can build, so there's that. Also, most people don't want a prison to be built near them. Their original plan was to get their preferred Mayoral candidate elected so that they could get permission to build the prison, so I guess there's a chance that, if people knew what they were planning ahead of the election, they might vote for somebody who wasn't a business partner of the Lodges and being endorsed by them. But I'm sure the scheme is way more complicated because everything these people do ends up being complicated.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Like I said, I hope they don’t reverse that Chic isn’t Chic, because as I keep saying he’s the worst. And I hate to keep repeating but HD does nothing for me in this role! He’s creepy yes but HD overacts it so much it takes me out of scenes most of the time. My only good feelings about the scenes with him in this episode was Polly’s interactions with him. Like wow, I’ve never liked Polly all that much but she became my new favorite character tonight just for that.

Maybe Chic's real name is Poochie, and he will die off screen while returning to his home planet.

• Love 6

And the cherry on top of this sundae of madness: The Blossoms! I wish there could be a spinoff just for them and their VC Andrews-on-a-meth-binge insanity! This had everything: public will readings, evil twins back from the dead (I normally would postulate that Cliff was the evil twin, but please. They're Evil and More Evil), outrageous bequests to all with "a drop of Blossom Blood," Cheryl being the True Heir--she still is, right?, plots between Evil Twin and Penelope while Cheryl listens in: ahhhhhh, bliss. This is the kind of over the top stuff I love.

Is Cheryl the true heir? Here we have two cases of Which Twin Came First. Was Cliff the heir before he ran his brother out of town? And if Jason was the heir (I can't remember if they ever stated their birth order), wouldn't Dagwood and Juniper (whichever came first) be the true heir. Although now I'm vaguely remembering the episode where Cheryl brings Archie to the maple tree tapping ceremony, and I'm pretty sure she says she was passed over for ruling the Blossom Empire. All I'm saying, is they need to do a 16 year time jump so that Claudius, Cheryl, and the twins can go all War of the Roses on Riverdale.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

And Fred being like “it’s been a dream of mine for a long time” what? Okay.

He said it was his childhood dream. Seriously 'lil Fred? Aim higher! Most kids dream of being the President, but you do you, kid. I guess mayor is more acheivable. This being said, I hope that Fred does run against Hermonie. It would be such a great good vs. evil battle. Please make it so, show!!! I also hope that Archie is only dripping blood and pledging loyalty to the Lodges to stay on the inside, and keep feeding Jughead information to help bring the Lodges down. 

Kevin, to Betty re: Chic: "Your brother seems like a good guy."

Me: "Ummmm...what? How much jingle jangle are you on, Kevin?"

Honestly, Chic keeps getting creepier and creepier. And I don't understand why Alice keeps choosing him over everyone else. First Hal (which makes sense, because I think the love was kind of lost between Alice and Hal long ago), and now Polly? Is it because she has so much residual guilt over giving Chic up when he was born? Otherwise, I don't understand her devotion to and protectiveness of him. Also, I thin Chic might have gum disease, if that piece of floss that Betty took is any indication. Maybe Alice should drive him to a dentist after she picks him up from work one day, since she's apparently his personal chauffeur now too. 

I adored Jughead not wanting to publish his article about the Lodges buying Pops because he didn't want to hurt Pops. I did NOT adore Pops going straight to Hiram to rat Jughead out. I must say though, I do get a kick out of how one teenage boy is making Hiram so nervous and full of rage. Go Juggie!

The Blossom storyline is unraveling into sheer, fantasy insanity...and I am sooooo here for it! Claudius and Penelope working together now it seems. Gah. And it sounds like they have sinister plans for Nana Rose and Cheryl. My heart broke for Cheryl once again this episode. I'm so glad she has Toni in her corner now, and I hope she can find more support/friends soon. 

How can FP even make a Pops uniform look sexy...HOW?!?!?!? What a hunk!!!

When Veronica said their parents were like the kids from "Saved By The Bell" back in the day...first of all, how does she even know what Saved By The Bell is? I loved the reference, because I'm in my 30s, but I find it hard to believe a 16 year old would know what that is. That being said, I must know who was the Zack Morris back then. And who would be the Zack Morris now? These are the burning questions I want, nay, NEED answers to. 

• Love 8

Yeah.. I liked this episode but I will never get behind the Chic character. He brings the show down, the character is so predictable, and I’m sorry but HD isn’t good, as I’ve said a million times. And the character has made the Alice character very bad. Remember when she was awesome? She isn’t anymore. I’m worried that the floss won’t be Chics because this show which would suck. Don’t reverse this show! Chic isn’t a good character and I know everyone loves HD but don’t do it! Please! 

I really have nothing left to say. It is getting ridiculous at this point, and I think the show has made until the season finale. In all honestly it has me for Bughead moments but that’s about all, even small ones get me excited. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl

Does Archie have something up his sleeve? It makes no sense to me that he would adamantly oppose the Lodges the moment they want to reel his father in but the moment his father hears the news himself and decides that the Lodges are too shady to be in business with, Archie then decides it's safe to go full on Lodge and become blood brothers with Hiram. Wasn't it just last episode that they had to get away to the cabin because Hiram feared that people would retaliate by going after Veronica? Why would Archie think fully lying in bed with the entire Lodge family is ever going to be totally safe for his father? He's still exposing Fred to danger, except this time, he's not giving him any warning.

There has to be something a bit more sinister than just the prison story. The build up of the Lodges doing something scheming and sinister doesn't match with them wanting to build a for-profit prison. I think Veronica gets the pretty, sparks notes version from her parents about their plans but even then, I don't understand why she's so gullible when once upon a time she lost all trust for her father yet she seems to believe everything he says now.

Veronica and Archie so closely tied to her parents have me disliking both of them. Jughead is about the only character that I like because despite him also being dramatic in his own unique way, he's consistent in his approach and motivations. He's the one person who I don't really question whether he truly has a dark side to him....right now.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Advance35 said:

Not my favorite episode but I wouldn't call it a bad episode by any stretch.

The writers have GOT to tone down Jughead.   This kid really see's himself as the lone hero who will thwart all evil in the world.  Will he be having crossovers with Arrow, Flash and Supergirl in the near future?  Good grief.  If Hiram were harvesting rare minerals from all the properties he's buying and then having it processed to act as fuel for a secretly constructed weather machine, that will freeze the world, Jughead wouldn't seem so overwrought. As it is, unless i missed something, Hiram is callous and greedy, I'd hardly call him Lex Luthor.

I think they've written Jughead as a character who has the true spirit of a journalist. There's a story being hidden in Riverdale, there are motives that are being sugar coated and he's on a mission to uncover it. He's uncovering a lot of secrets that are buried deep and he may be thinking worst case scenario but that's also because normally people don't go to such lengths to hide something unless they feel there's good reason to. The Lodge's shadiness has earned rightful skepticism and it seems that Jughead is the only person that remembers that because everyone is falling under the money and charm of Hiram Lodge. Even if we were watching a show about all killers, we as viewers would still differentiate between a protagonist and antagonist and still find ourselves liking some characters over others. Jughead's character right now is the only thing that prevents viewers from normalizing the corrupt behaviour in Riverdale. Not to say he hasn't been associated with corrupt people, but inherently, he seems the most driven to do what's right for the collective. Sure, he helped Betty dispose of a body out of love (a murder she didn't actually commit) but it's not like he's gone full Archie and embedding himself with the devil because happens to sleep with the devil's daughter.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, AdorkableSars said:

When Veronica said their parents were like the kids from "Saved By The Bell" back in the day...first of all, how does she even know what Saved By The Bell is? I loved the reference, because I'm in my 30s, but I find it hard to believe a 16 year old would know what that is. 

Doesn't it still air like 3 times a day on TBS? (Genuine question- I don't get TBS any longer, so I don't know. I just know that it used to be on in reruns several times a day on that channel.)

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Cthulhudrew said:

Doesn't it still air like 3 times a day on TBS? (Genuine question- I don't get TBS any longer, so I don't know. I just know that it used to be on in reruns several times a day on that channel.)

It doesn’t anymore but I’ve seen it on an mtv channel sometimes. I only know sbtb from tbs reruns.

• Love 1

I think it still airs on TV Land and on either MeTV or Cozi. I think Saved by the Bell might be this generation's version of the Brady Bunch. That show had been long off the air by the time I was born. However, I became really familiar with it through syndication. Perhaps the same happened with these kids by watching episodes on TBS.

I know Saved by the Bell is still in the zeitgeist because someone is opening a Saved by the Bell themed restaurant.

https://www.dailynews.com/2018/03/14/saved-by-the-max-pop-up-diner-is-adding-a-weekend-brunch-and-tickets-go-on-sale-friday/

• Love 1
12 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Also I don’t get the Betty hate. Yes getting Kevin to catfish wasn’t great but she’s a teenager making lots of questionable choices (I’m not a fan) bits it’s odd to me how many people on the forums don’t like her and want to yell about  everything she does, when other characters do terrible things and people don’t mind as much. Jughead gets this too. I find things Archie and Veronica do terrible and no one says anything, same with Cheryl. In fact people praise them sometimes for their terrible actions. I don’t get it.

I completely agree.

Plus, if Betty didn't suspect Chic then there would be people calling her dumb and clueless. She can't win.

On top of it all, Betty is smart and listens, trusts her boyfriend... Jughead told her plainly to watch herself with Chic. He told her Chic rubbed him the wrong way. Betty turned even more suspicious after Jughead told her to be careful. I am glad she's full on aggressive with Chic. He looks like a freaken psychopath. She should have punched him in the face for strolling around in a towel in her bedroom using her bathroom alone. That was weird and uncalled for. Betty is in the right for not letting up on Chic.

• Love 9

In next week's episode, Hiram reveals to Archie, his new consigliere, that he has bought Riverdale High and is going to demolish it to build a women's prison.  Archie is of course totally on board with this.  The first inmates will be transferred from Litchfield Penitentiary.  Alice and Betty are arrested for murder and will be incarcerated there, with the show changing its title next season to Orange is the New Riverdale.

• Love 2

I definitely don't like the Chic storyline and it keeps getting worse. It kind of reminds me of the psycho Derek storyline on OTH.  I thought Alice was way out of character allowing him to go on a walk with the babies. 

• Love 3

Re the DNA test of the floss. It was only compared against Hal's kids, right? Like, maybe there wasn't enough to prove Hal is the father but Alice could still be the mother? Otherwise,  I don't get any of his storyline. Why is he there? Why is he obsessed with getting Alice (or Betty) alone and eliminating everyone else in the family? If they aren't at least half siblings, what was the big deal about the Chic/Betty darkness connection? How are they managing to actually make his story worse every week? (though the previews give me hope)

Fred is obviously going to run against Hermione. Riverdale is going to be in an epic battle of good against evil. I think Archie going all in with the Lodges is just so the Lodges have someone on their side because clearly Fred, Alice, Betty, Jug, FP, former mayor (who will bring in Kevin's dad/her lover, Josie and Kevin) will all be on whatever side is not the Lodges. All they really have is Veronica. Hell, now even the Blossoms are against them!

I had a million theories about what Hiram Lodge was up to. Building a prison didn't even come to me in a fever dream. So good job, show, on coming up with the single strangest evil plot in existence.

I LOVE the Blossoms. I would watch the hell out of a gothic Blossoms spin off. Cheryl has the hands down shittiest parent in Shitty Parentville. And of course there is a secret evil twin. They are the Blossoms for crying out loud! (remains to be seen which side of the evil twin spectrum I Claudius falls on since Clifford set the bar pretty damn high)

• Love 3
5 hours ago, SourK said:

My favourite part of this episode is definitely how Jughead and Archie jumped on the same obscure analogy of likening Mr. Lodge to Dracula, and then Archie had to explain the analogy to Mr. Lodge and the audience. I still don't get it. But it makes me wonder if Archie heard Jughead say the analogy and thought, "That's smart! I'm going to use it!"

Basically yes. Archie, worried about his dad running, went to Jughead and told him about Pops. Jug flipped out, unrolled his Conspiracy Map, and said that the Lodges were like Count Dracula, spreadin lairs around London so they can rise and feed.  Archie used the same example to Hiram's face--not the smartest move but look who we're talking about.

Both Jug and Arch are correct: in the novel Dracula, this is precisely Dracula's strategy. He buys up dilapidated properties all over London to use as "safe houses" while he builds his vampire army. First Lovecraft, now Stoker? Is there going to be a battle of Undead Vs. Elder Gods for the season finale?

Is Cheryl the true heir? Here we have two cases of Which Twin Came First.

According to her father's will I believe she is: it stated that the remainder of the fortune was to be divided between her and Jason, and since Cliff himself took care of half of that pair, it's her. However, Claudius could find standing to contest the will on the grounds that Clifford stole his rightful share in the first place by threatening him back when they were fourteen and clog things up considerably. But from the way he and Penelope were eeeeeeevil plotting I doubt that's going to be the half of it.

Edited by Snookums

Yeah.. whatever Penelope and Claduluis are plotting it includes getting rid of Cheryl and Nana Blossom. 

Also I really hope that there is more to the Lodges are building a prison thing because.. really.. that is lame. Much like a lot of what Riverdale has done this season ends up being lame. They build all these big stories only to lead us to a really lame conclusion. Or they just never end and keep adding more onto terrible stories(see the gang and Chic).

I know people felt the end of last season was lame, Cliff being Jason’s killer but I wasn’t that bothered by it, not really. Sure it wasn’t the greatest ending of course but it made sense in the context, all this stuff they are doing this season is not only ridiculous but just kind of ends because I don’t think the writers honestly know how to end them. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 1

Ok. The episode was interesting. I liked that it featured the adults more than the kids. 

The lodges? Their big fat secret was a prison? In a high school? A bit anticlimatic as always but dont american  prisons usually have the size of mini-fortresses?.... and a mafioso builing a prison, wouldn't the feds be on his ass? I do understand the controversy but stilll... and here i thought they were going to build a mall! 

I really am hating the lodges and veronica is annoying as hell... I'm glad that she stuck up for Archie and knew not to like push Archie to push on Fred but she's still so bleh... eugh, nah... not feeling for veronica... I still hope she'll turn her back on her family and realize theyre not good...

As for archie... i dont know where they're going with this, is he truly under hirams little finger? Is he going undercover or something? I think its kinda bad that he would side with hiram instead of his own dad but kudos for trying to help his dad... he's gotten interesting though

And how is jughead still alive?! Wouldn't hiram just try to put a bull's eye in the kid for constantly harassing him and veronica and his family?  Damn nasty kid lol... 

I sympathise with jug and I like it that he doesn't give up so easily but he should I don't know, tone it down a bit? But that's not in his character so we'll have to deal with it... Love that betty is ever so supportive of him...

And the blossoms.....wow... just wow...

I'm wondering whether Claudius is the better of the twin, or maybe bio dad? I feel for Cheryl so bad... i liked claudius though, seems less evil than clifford.

And Chic.....the boy needs to go... Not liking him at all and is he after Alice or betty? And I'm wondering whether he's going to convince everyone that betty is the crazy one and get her locked up  somewhere to have either her or alice for himself... that will be intriguing... and maybe betty will be alone on her crusade with Jughead...

Liked that we got a little bit of backstory on Halice and it seems like they did love each other a lot... 

Interesting episode and what i liked is that they used everyne in a good way, it sorted fit together... but I sure hope the show knows where it's going...

Of the parents were friends back in the day, how can they not acknowledge that today i wonder... 

Well, not a bad episode and the dramatics of everything did amuse me. 

Let me just start with Archie because what the hell is he doing? First he stands up fot his father and does not think he should run for mayor and is concerned, he tells Jughead and he tells Veronica his concerns. When Fred says he won't do it, Archie sides with Hiram and they have this blood oath? What are the writers doing with him?? I don't think he is smart enough to be playing double agent and maybe he has a plan of his own to take down Hiram at the right time, but the writers could make him more clever than we all think he is... Archie confuses me, where are the writers going with this character? 

I think Veronica is obviously scared about what her parents are capable of and she wants to protect Archie. But she also does not want to turn her back on her parents because she loves them, but she can not also think the prison thing is a good idea.. You are smarter than this, V! But wow, way for Pop Tate and Veronica to throw Jughead under the bus like that! They have made Jughead a target for Hiram, and I bet that he may try to hurt Jughead at some point. Poor Jug, I hope he'll remain safe! I also had to laugh hard at Hiram slamming the table and screaming "Jughead Jones!", why is he so scared of a teenage boy?

Jughead was overdramatic per usual but in a way that was not annoying like it could be sometimes, and he wasn't wrong about Hiram. Hiram wants to build a private prison? That is bad. And oh no, Jughead don't go to a strange, possibly dangerous place by yourself!! He is smart and resourceful, but he does dumb things sometimes, but he did not get in trouble. I also love how Jughead was discussing his investigation with Betty and even Alice! Alice is trusting Jughead, after the helping of covering up a murder, how could she not? Also sweet how Betty was supportive of the article Jughead wrote, if only there were more Bughead scenes but it was a decent episode either way. 

Chic continues being a creep, and while Betty roping Kevin to catfish him to get information, it is not like she forced Kevin to do it. I don't think Kevin was planning to actually taking off his shirt or anything, as weird as the whole thing was. But Kevin thinks Chic is a good guy? No! Betty did a blood test, so does this mean Chic is not a Blossom? He is not Hal's kid? I am betting he is not even Alice's child, otherwise she would have asked Alice about who Chic's father is. Chic is not the real Chic! But why is he so keen to live with the Coopers? 

The Blossom's have quite the drama! A twin brother for Clifford? I am wondering if this leads to some connection with the Black Hood, I am not sure if that story is really over. There was a little bit of Cheryl and Toni things! Less than I expected though. 

It did feel like there was too many characters in the episode to focus on but it was a pretty decent episode.

But also, do the teens ever attend classes and study? The show is also taking tips from Pretty Little Liars, it seems.

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 1

I'm so over the Twins plot twist. Really? How many more blossom twins do we need in this story? 

And Archie's behaviour this episode left me shocked and confused: for the whole episode he tries to keep his father away from the lodges and by the end, without NO REASON OR EXPLANATION he does a "blood pact" with Mr. Lodge????' WHAAAAATTTTTT this guys is the most confusing character on the show. 

anyway, I found this video, and I think it summs up perfectly how i felt after watching this week's episode. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L3SBp0Ze7I

I loved Alice storming in on the the will reading and yelling at Hal about him wanting a divorce only to cut her out of any money. The best part was when she said that her lawyer would fight it. Cut to Former Mayor Mccoy looking sheepish and a little scared. It cracked me up. This is the Alice I need.

• Love 9
46 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

I loved Alice storming in on the the will reading and yelling at Hal about him wanting a divorce only to cut her out of any money. The best part was when she said that her lawyer would fight it. Cut to Former Mayor Mccoy looking sheepish and a little scared. It cracked me up. This is the Alice I need.

Omg.. Alice totally owned that scene lol... Not even Sierra could calm her down! 

Doubt anyone can! Best scene in the episode 

3 hours ago, ToniSouthSide said:

I'm so over the Twins plot twist. Really? How many more blossom twins do we need in this story? 

And Archie's behaviour this episode left me shocked and confused: for the whole episode he tries to keep his father away from the lodges and by the end, without NO REASON OR EXPLANATION he does a "blood pact" with Mr. Lodge????' WHAAAAATTTTTT this guys is the most confusing character on.

Yeah. I can't grip what Archies up to... is he doubld crossing hiram or is he really in it? I'm blaming on ptsd! (And no not trying to make fun of it)...

• Love 1
On 3/15/2018 at 4:54 AM, UNOSEZ said:

Didn't Toni and jughead have a friendship? 

YES. And I hope we get to see it again soon. I really like Toni and Jughead's friendship, and it seems like (along with many other things), the writers totally forgot that it's a thing. 

6 hours ago, Ruby Red said:

I think Veronica is obviously scared about what her parents are capable of and she wants to protect Archie. But she also does not want to turn her back on her parents because she loves them, but she can not also think the prison thing is a good idea.. You are smarter than this, V! But wow, way for Pop Tate and Veronica to throw Jughead under the bus like that! They have made Jughead a target for Hiram, and I bet that he may try to hurt Jughead at some point. Poor Jug, I hope he'll remain safe! I also had to laugh hard at Hiram slamming the table and screaming "Jughead Jones!", why is he so scared of a teenage boy?

Jughead was overdramatic per usual but in a way that was not annoying like it could be sometimes, and he wasn't wrong about Hiram. Hiram wants to build a private prison? That is bad. And oh no, Jughead don't go to a strange, possibly dangerous place by yourself!! He is smart and resourceful, but he does dumb things sometimes, but he did not get in trouble. I also love how Jughead was discussing his investigation with Betty and even Alice! Alice is trusting Jughead, after the helping of covering up a murder, how could she not? Also sweet how Betty was supportive of the article Jughead wrote, if only there were more Bughead scenes but it was a decent episode either way. 

Yeah, I'm worried for Jughead too. He is a serious threat to the Lodges and their nefarious ways (which is hilarious in and of itself because like you, said he's a teenage boy! Like 16 or 17 and he's making big, bad mafia man Hiram Lodge tremble in his Armani suits). I also hated how Pops sold Jughead out like that :( Way to throw your best customer under the bus, Pops...and after Jughead so gallantly decided not to publish his article about Pops selling to the Lodges. And yeah, I literally yelled "dumbass!" at my TV screen when Jughead agreed to go meet the person on the other end of the anonymous phone call. Yes Jughead, in a town of Black Hoods/Lodges/Chics, it's a super good idea to go out by yourself at night to meet said person. Thumbs up, bro. 

• Love 2

Oh my God, the drama of everything! Of course Clifford has a long lost twin who shows up dramatically at the will reading! Of course Hiram does some crazy blood oath with Archie like they're Klingons or witches or something. Of course Chick cuts out pictures of Polly and schemes to send her away. Of course Jughead carries his giant map with all of Hiram's schemes around with him to whip out at all times. Of course. 

I cant decide what my favorite part of the will reading was. Alice running in all dramatic like to yell at her husband with former Mayor McCoy just trying to avoid getting dragged into this, Claudius showing up at the most dramatically appropriate moment, or Toni just having a grand old time. No, my favorite moment was when Mrs. Blossom tried to take Nana Blossoms hand, and Nana pulled it away! I freaking love the Gothic madness of the Blossoms. What do you bet that, somehow, Claudius will still manage to be the evil twin. 

I love whenever the show uses 50s music. Its sets a really cool atmosphere, even when it involved Jughead and his sad attempts at being sneaky. I mean, I think in the battle between some random teenager and the super wealthy mobster, I have an idea whos going to win. And he doesn't wear a stupid leather jacket. 

For someone so smart, Alice is pretty stupid about Chick. What more does he have to do to act evil? 

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

For someone so smart, Alice is pretty stupid about Chick. What more does he have to do to act evil? 

Sure, but look at it from her POV. Chic is the child she gave up. She probably thinks that everything bad he does is her fault because if she'd raised him he wouldn't be this way. I'm sure guilt plays about a 98% roll in the amount of blind eye Alice is turning in regards to her "son". We don't really know what went down when that guy got killed so I can't say she should have figured out Chic was evil from that.

I will say I am shocked she seemed to favor Chic over her grand babies. But that I chalk up to the show needing to show how good Chic is at eliminating the competition for her attention.

I'm not bothered by Alice being an idiot when it comes to Chic because I get where it's coming from. Unless Hal knows 100% that that is not his son I'm still more bothered by him treating his supposed flesh and blood like shit the second he walked into the house, before any of them had any clue Chic was shady as fuck.

• Love 2

I don't get Veronica. She gleefully joined the family business even when her own parents wanted her to stay out of it, initially protested Archie joining because she didn't want him involved for his sake, and has confirmed various times that she's aware her parents are shady.. yet every time someone criticizes her parents she looks genuinely surprised and hurt. Has she been living in a bubble all this time pretending no one's gotten hurt from her parents' actions? Does she think they have some noble plan to save everyone? Did she not expect her friends to get angry once they found out everything that had happened? Even frickin Archie seems more aware of what the Lodges are capable of. 

And speaking of Archie, I hope this is part of his super secret grand plan to gather intel on the Lodges to use it against them later on, because I have no idea how he went from worrying about Jug joining a gang to joining the frickin mob. I try not to take this show too seriously, but ugh Archie, you've now gone along with Hiram killing two people. What the hell are you thinking?

Another thing I want to add is that there's some super creepy power imbalance at play in Veronica and Archie's relationship. I don't know how to describe it because I don't feel like I can put it into words, but Archie's "If Veronica and her parents find out they'll kill me" line left a sour taste in my mouth. It's sad that it took 15+ episodes for Archie to oppose V on anything. Their relationship just makes me super uncomfortable. They've never felt like equals to me.

I can stomach most of Betty and Jug's actions, no matter how annoying, because at least there's some character consistency on their part and because I've already seen so much criticism of them that I don't feel like contributing with more. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, shireenbamfatheon said:

Archie's "If Veronica and her parents find out they'll kill me" line left a sour taste in my mouth.

The thing is, when most people say that they are being a bit hyperbolic and really just mean said parents are going to be really, really pissed. But I do think he realizes that Veronica's parents would actually kill him, or have him killed more likely. Doubt they'd get their manicured hands dirty. It's just odd that Archie can say this and then still go all blood brother with Hiram. 

I almost feel like both Veronica and Archie are trying to protect the other from her parents in their misguided teenage way but the show isn't really doing a great job of showing this so we're left to wonder WTF each of them are doing. They both have acknowledged at some point that the Lodges are shady as fuck, and yet they both seem to be 100% Team Lodge. I feel like the show needs them to be on the opposite side vs Jug and Betty and so they are keeping them in the Lodge inner circle for that reason. 

• Love 1