Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E11: Dead or Alive Or

nodorothyparker
  • Start Topic

Heh, I just deleted a post about to say the same thing AngelaHunter said.  I think on a minute-for-minute basis I hate her character more than Negan.  Like sure, he's evil and wasting time pretending to give him shades of grey is ruining the show but if the episodes gave Tara as much time as him, I couldn't even hate-watch the damn thing anymore.

For my sanity, I've decided to let the rest of this season accumulate on my DVR and binge it (or not) in a few months.

• Love 2
On 3/11/2018 at 10:52 PM, AgentRXS said:

All I can say is that The Walking Dead is slowly inching closer to surpassing Sleepy Hollow when it comes to being a prime example of How to Royally Fuck Up a Good Thing and Piss of Your Loyal Fanbase.

Sleepy Hollow set the bar so high, I have never seen a show go off the rails so quickly and so spectacularly.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, tricknasty said:

Daryl already knew that Carl was dying, but wasn't there for the actual death. Alexandria was burned to the ground and our group relocated to Hilltop where Daryl grunted the news about Carl's death to Maggie who is currently in her 12th month of pregnancy. Negan found out about Carl's death cause Carl wrote some letters before he died and one was to Negan requesting peace between them. Rick called Negan on a walkie talkie to tell him about the letter. Negan blamed Carl's death on Rick, calling him a shitty parent. Negan was sad about Carl dying because he had plans for him. I'm happy that you found it in you to quit this shitty show, but I'm a glutton for punishment cause I'm still here.

Wow. Considering that none of that makes any sense to me I'm glad I stopped watching. Bad enough that they killed Carl in a rather insulting manner, and had him do a 180 on what should have been a letter to Negan* that said "I hope my dad kills you, you egotistical son of a bitch," but to use him to justify a "dialogue" between Negan and Rick just makes me sad.

* Did the writers forget that they had Negan kill Abraham and Glen horribly right in front of Carl? And Carl is supposed to be "oh, well. We should let bygones be bygones?" Oookay then.

2 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

But in the length of time this episode that it took them to traipse through the woods and fight swamp walkers before getting to the Hilltop to share the news with people who had known Carl since the beginning and been a part of his life all this time, we first had an entire episode of Rick going to check in with the garbage people and then radioing Negan specifically to tell him Carl had died.

Oh good to know that Rick took time out of his grieving to visit the garbage Queen and call Negan on the radio for a chat. (I need a sarcasm font.)

2 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

While Rick was running around doing this and trading even more blame and toothless threats to kill Negan, Daryl was left to ferry Judith to Hilltop safely and tell those same people who had known Carl since the beginning that he was dead in a mostly wordless few seconds of everyone looking sad.  Again, to me it's a priority thing.  The show is telling us that Negan is a priority and the original characters and history just aren't.

Okay, wow. Good to know the show has its priorities straight. (I really need a sarcasm font.)

2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

And was going to bash Carl's head in not long after that.

Oh yes, good point. I momentarily forgot about this. This would have made "the future" just as dead, but apparently it wouldn't have been somehow sad in that case.

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, Dobian said:

I have never seen a show go off the rails so quickly and so spectacularly.

I have. Never saw Sleepy Hollow, but I hate-watched the last season of Dexter (TWD is the only series I've watched since then). Thank goodness there was a forum to mock it, since mockery became the only enjoyable part of watching it.

What was most galling was, like on TWD, the show-runners were proud of what they did, chuckling and bragging on podcasts about their cleverness while they high-fived each other.

• Love 2

Somewhere online there are still people ranting about the later seasons of True Blood.  It was always a silly show with fairies and random were-animals and other supernatural creatures but it generally tended to have a certain sense of humor about itself.  By the last season, though, it was doing an extremely heavy handed storyline about vampire concentrations camps and an AIDS like epidemic that I think they were playing straight.  (It was that bad that I could no longer tell.)  Oh, and did I mention the Japanese yukuza subplot?  So if Rick shows up three episodes from now insisting that he's realized he's an anti-walker werepanther sent to spread his seed, I won't even be surprised.

• Love 2

Could someone please send Tara off to search for the missing Heath?

And never return.

What happened to that mystery scrap of paper she found on the ground near where Heath disappeared that made a shit-eating grin come over her face?  I think it had something scrawled on it, but honestly I just don't care enough to dig around for it.  

How I hoped that either Darryl would get sick of her shit and shoot her with his crossbow...or that Dwight would wrestle the gun from her and shoot her...or that one of those swamp zombies would drag her to the depths of the swamp with only one of her shoes floating to the top of the bloody water.  Pretty much anything to rid the show of this character once and for all.  

And great decision from the Accent Master Maggie to take food from the residents of Hilltop to feed the saviors.  Of course, freshly widowed or not, I suspect Maggie is getting vaginal twitches from that relatively attractive and well-spoken Savior.  Hopefully it's all an act and he'll throw her overly dramatic ass to a swarm of walkers.

Did the actresses who play Tara and Maggie both attend the Academy of Overwrought Acting and Horrific Accents? 

As bad as this show can get, I find it 1000x more tolerable when neither of these characters are on the screen.    

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, sarthaz said:

Care: Michone, maybe Carol

Don't Care: Everyone. Just fucking everyone.

In my list Michonne is out of the 'care' category. Otherwise it's identical to yours. Michonne was my fave until she got with Rick. Since then she hasn't been the Michonne I love. I knew it would happen which is why I never wanted them together. So that leaves only Carol in my care list. I want them to kill her off so I can be done with the show. I'm reading what people write in the episode threads and will only bother watching episodes that heavily feature Carol. She is on the wrong show IMO because currently she is on 'Dumb & Dumber'. That title goes for both the show in general and the characters in it.

1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

I never really had a problem with Tara, that is,  until she started in on Dwight.  I am hoping that Dwight some how redeems himself.  I don't think  Dwight has been slimed with the stench of horrible character development just yet.

You mean because her girlfriend of 5 minutes died by accident while said g/f was stupidly monologuing? It's like they took the Tyresse storyline with his 5 minute g/f dying and it's aftermath and thought it would be fun to expand that to over 2 Seasons.

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, Smad said:

You mean because her girlfriend of 5 minutes died by accident while said g/f was stupidly monologuing? It's like they took the Tyresse storyline with his 5 minute g/f dying and it's aftermath and thought it would be fun to expand that to over 2 Seasons.

Yep yep yep. They had Tyreese go full lunatic on Rick and nearly on Carol because his little lap-sitting squeeze of a few minutes croaked which was way more traumatic than Carol losing her only child and Rick having his wife eaten by a walker.

Personally, I don't give a shit what happens to anyone left on this show and that includes Carol and Michonne, although perhaps I can tolerate Carol a little more lately now that her every scene doesn't include tears squirting and dripping down her face. Of all the people I don't care about, Tara, who apparently couldn't hit the ground if she jumped off a roof, and Dwight have to be at the top of the list so when we got their Big Emotional Segment I was yelling, "OH FFS - no!" I was hoping some alligators would appear in that itty-bitty but lethal swamp and eat both of them. Yes, I know there are no alligators in VA, but that would be just as realistic as an Attack Tiger.

I think I'm just watching to see them all die, and of course for the awesome and hilarious snark here.

• Love 3

Carol just shrugging her shoulders over Carl's death, with a "huh, who woulda thought?" response was disheartening.  She's one of the last good characters, imo.  The actress was more upset about Carl than her character was.  It's just all such crap now. 

I wonder if Rick and Michonne will split up as parents sometimes do over the grief of losing a kid.  Then Michonne could be a better character again, or Danai can quit and go be a movie star.  I'm still not convinced that they aren't going to kill Rick, which would also break them up.  Or maybe just kill off the core cast and continue with the Negan & Tara Show.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, peach said:

I'm still not convinced that they aren't going to kill Rick, which would also break them up. 

I just realized they could still stay together.  She could just put him on a chain and walk around with him.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, peach said:

Or maybe just kill off the core cast and continue with the Negan & Tara Show.

Okay, that would be the worst possible outcome, though The Tara Show sans Negan for me would be even worse. I have NEVER liked her, and I dare say I hate her character. 

I finally caught up on this season. Haven't watched since the one before the MSF last year. I felt...detached. That makes me sad. I LOVED this show. I struggled with the comics when the world got "bigger," but I think the show has done a piss poor job at, well, much of anything.

I have been enjoying the comics still anyway. :-\

• Love 2
10 hours ago, AwesomO4000 said:

Wow. Considering that none of that makes any sense to me I'm glad I stopped watching. Bad enough that they killed Carl in a rather insulting manner, and had him do a 180 on what should have been a letter to Negan* that said "I hope my dad kills you, you egotistical son of a bitch," but to use him to justify a "dialogue" between Negan and Rick just makes me sad.

hahaha That would have been great! 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, mandolin said:

Okay, that would be the worst possible outcome, though The Tara Show sans Negan for me would be even worse. I have NEVER liked her, and I dare say I hate her character. 

I finally caught up on this season. Haven't watched since the one before the MSF last year. I felt...detached. That makes me sad. I LOVED this show. I struggled with the comics when the world got "bigger," but I think the show has done a piss poor job at, well, much of anything.

I have been enjoying the comics still anyway. :-\

Now that I think about Tara, (keep in mind I only watched seasons 1 thru season 7 epi 10) I didn't hate her before her Oceanside episode. In fact I did like her sister and little niece during the governor days. I even understood why Tara was on board attacking the prison since she didn't know better and later regretted it. But I drew the line when they(she and Heath) went to Oceanside, I hated that episode with a passion. Since the attention was solely focused on her, I found her character unbelievably childish, obnoxious and completely clueless.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, enthropyhater said:

Now that I think about Tara, (keep in mind I only watched seasons 1 thru season 7 epi 10) I didn't hate her before her Oceanside episode. In fact I did like her sister and little niece during the governor days. I even understood why Tara was on board attacking the prison since she didn't know better and later regretted it. But I drew the line when they(she and Heath) went to Oceanside, I hated that episode with a passion. Since the attention was solely focused on her, I found her character unbelievably childish, obnoxious and completely clueless.

Same here. Besides loathing her character during that crapfest episode (the worst I ever watched), I was shocked that I hadn't realized what a terrible actress she is, and how she just seems to be phoning it in. Guess you can be a big floater when you're friends with the casting director and floating on the family name.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, PreBabylonia said:

Same here. Besides loathing her character during that crapfest episode (the worst I ever watched), I was shocked that I hadn't realized what a terrible actress she is, and how she just seems to be phoning it in. Guess you can be a big floater when you're friends with the casting director and floating on the family name.

Haha Yes! she was totally flying under the radar when she was surrounded by superior actors. Before that episode I never noticed how completely out of depth she is compared to the others. 

6 hours ago, Smad said:

omg that episode...Denise acted stupid the whole friggin episode, she didn't even have to go on that run, but she was hellbent on proving she was as tough as the others. Also risked her and Daryl's life getting a stupid soda. When she started her really loud speech, I was sure she was going to die. However I thought it would be a walker that would get to her since she was stupidly raising her voice. I hate when they take characters and make them act unbelievably stupid all of the sudden just to justify their demise.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, PreBabylonia said:

I was shocked that I hadn't realized what a terrible actress she is,

Yes, she is a poor actor. I liked her when she was first introduced. She seemed like a realistic person behaving the way the average human might behave during an apocalyptic event, and not a great warrior woman, something most of us would not be. I thought that first fist-bump to the Gov was cute, endearing even. Now? Her mere presence is grating and annoying, her every word nails on a chalkboard.

11 hours ago, AwesomO4000 said:

should have been a letter to Negan* that said "I hope my dad kills you, you egotistical son of a bitch,"

I would have liked it to say, "Here's a message to you from my dad" - "I'm gonna kill you!"

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, enthropyhater said:

omg that episode...Denise acted stupid the whole friggin episode, she didn't even have to go on that run, but she was hellbent on proving she was as tough as the others. Also risked her and Daryl's life getting a stupid soda. When she started her really loud speech, I was sure she was going to die. However I thought it would be a walker that would get to her since she was stupidly raising her voice. I hate when they take characters and make them act unbelievably stupid all of the sudden just to justify their demise.

To be fair, I thought Denise was stupid from the beginning.

53 minutes ago, PreBabylonia said:

I don't really mind Tara until they try to build half the show around her.   Thanks, but no.  Someone else made a great point that she was a lot better when Glen was around.  I don't know anything about this background information.  Who is Alanna and why is she important?

• Love 1
12 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I have. Never saw Sleepy Hollow, but I hate-watched the last season of Dexter (TWD is the only series I've watched since then). Thank goodness there was a forum to mock it, since mockery became the only enjoyable part of watching it.

What was most galling was, like on TWD, the show-runners were proud of what they did, chuckling and bragging on podcasts about their cleverness while they high-fived each other.

Sleepy Hollow went off the rails much faster, it imploded in season 2.  Dexter was excellent the first four seasons, then started a steady decline with season 5 being kind of mediocre, season 6 worse, then accelerating downhill until the crapfest finale.

9 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Personally, I don't give a shit what happens to anyone left on this show and that includes Carol and Michonne, although perhaps I can tolerate Carol a little more lately now that her every scene doesn't include tears squirting and dripping down her face.

Ha. I skipped most of S7 so I didn't see weepy Carol. Probably why I can still have love for her.

2 hours ago, peach said:

Who is Alanna and why is she important?

Scientology?

3 hours ago, enthropyhater said:

omg that episode...Denise acted stupid the whole friggin episode, she didn't even have to go on that run, but she was hellbent on proving she was as tough as the others. Also risked her and Daryl's life getting a stupid soda. When she started her really loud speech, I was sure she was going to die. However I thought it would be a walker that would get to her since she was stupidly raising her voice.

It's Morgan's fault.

I hate when they take characters and make them act unbelievably stupid all of the sudden just to justify their demise.

That's par for the course. The only way they have been able to kill off characters for years now is by making them act stupid, even main characters (see Beth, Tyreese, Sasha, Carl etc.). Or someone acts stupid and others die as a result (see Rick and Morgan and their massive body count as a result of being stupid).

• Love 1
4 hours ago, enthropyhater said:

To be fair, she talked way the FUUUUCK too much in Nurse Jackie as well.  :>

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Quilty said:

If they try to turn that kid that killed Gavin into New Carl I'll be done.

Psycho kids don't seem to last long just like normal kids don't on this show. And with the last kid deaths that I remember being Sam, his douche brother and now Carl...it's not just little girls anymore that get killed off. As someone already said, Henry needs to look at the flowers before he starts killing the wrong people. Although killing our guys might be fun to watch since most people don't care about them anymore anyway. Henry can stick it to them in the name of the audience...

• Love 3

It's now that I realize 1) I don't even remember who Henry's brother was anymore and 2) I've already forgotten which Savior he killed.  That was, what, a week ago?

I haven't missed any episodes.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Smad said:

In my list Michonne is out of the 'care' category. Otherwise it's identical to yours. Michonne was my fave until she got with Rick. Since then she hasn't been the Michonne I love. I knew it would happen which is why I never wanted them together. So that leaves only Carol in my care list. I want them to kill her off so I can be done with the show. I'm reading what people write in the episode threads and will only bother watching episodes that heavily feature Carol. She is on the wrong show IMO because currently she is on 'Dumb & Dumber'. That title goes for both the show in general and the characters in it.

Oh gawd yes, and built the fuck-and-awe story line of him forgiving Carol for killing her....

And then TPTB at AMC somehow neglected to include her in his even more fuck-and-awe filled death episode.  

Instead we got Beth caterwauling (because apparently Tyreese needed an aural assault on top of dying), the Governor proselytizing, Lizzie and Mika assuring him dead is better, and Bob telling him that it was the way it was supposed to go...with Karen nowhere in sight.  

Apparently the actress who played Karen wasn't available or AMC didn't want to pay her for an appearance.  I prefer to think she read the script and passed on appearing in the episode.

As for Michonne, I hope her Black Panther series is picked up and Danai is able to exit this show, as she's been woefully underused for the past season.  As an actress, she deserves better than what's currently being written for her.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Danai is able to exit this show, as she's been woefully underused for the past season.

She's hardly the only one. Really, who hasn't been underused/had their character ruined on this show? They killed Carl and turned Glenn into a major bore and then killed him. They've stripped away everything about Daryl that made him a favorite and Rick is now an utter idiot, spouting nonsense (" I have to see JADIS") and impotent threats. They push Tara, Eugene and Dwight on us, as though trying to make us really care about them. Morgan is a nut who is either "All life is precious until I decide someone's life is not" or "Kill them all right now."

Everyone has been turned into comedic cardboard cut-outs and swept under the rug in favour of "All Negan, All the Time."

I can't blame it all on the wacky PTB, because I'm still watching this sub-par, amateurish crap.

• Love 6
On 3/11/2018 at 10:39 PM, tennisgurl said:

Did Tara totally forget that she switched sides when she first met the gang? When she was rolling with the Governor, even as it became completely clear that the dude was bugfuck crazy? She switched sides, and everyone was pretty cool with it, and her pal the Gov hacked Beth and Maggie's dads head off with a freaking katana! Not that you have to be BFFs with the guy or totally trust him, but have a little self awareness Tara!

seems like it's the writers who seem to forget the previous story lines.  just one of the many irritating things with this show now.  I am reading the posts here while it's on, wondering if I'm even going to bother watching it.

Edited by watch2much
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Nashville said:

To be fair, she talked way the FUUUUCK too much in Nurse Jackie as well.  :>

I only recognized her from "New Girl" and I'm not even sure it was the same actress, she was supposed to be in a love triangle with one of the main actors and I didn't like that character either. She really does have a knack for playing initially sweet turned obnoxious characters.

Tyresse death episode was all kinds of crazy, someone mentioned "Lost" and that's exactly the feel it had, I have no clue what the message was supposed to be. 

Does anyone miss the garbage people at all? it's hilarious that they were never mentioned again after they turned into soylent green that episode and people are still talking about Glenn and Abe(and of course Carl).

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Smad said:

That's par for the course. The only way they have been able to kill off characters for years now is by making them act stupid, even main characters (see Beth, Tyreese, Sasha, Carl etc.). Or someone acts stupid and others die as a result (see Rick and Morgan and their massive body count as a result of being stupid).

I really should get used to it, you're right they have done it since the beginning and I fall for it every time. I'm still in shock Coral tripped in the forest and he is gone. Beth and Tyresse were also utter ridiculous, I wish they had died guns blazing and taking some villains down with them.

• Love 1

The only main characters I can think of (could be others) whose deaths were not ridiculous were Merle, Hershel, Shane and Lori too I suppose. Even Glenn - dying for no reason, just randomly being chosen to have his head bashed in by some hammy, smarmy, smirking, long-winded Fonz?  Carl's is the dumbest death to date I think. Don't bother giving either of them a decent send-off - saving Maggie, Judith or anyone else. Kind of insulting all around.

• Love 4
On 3/12/2018 at 9:31 AM, TattleTeeny said:

OK, everyone, I am still a fan of the show and all but that doesn't mean that I don't have some issues now and then--and this is coming from someone who was not at all bugged by the Glenn-under-the-dumpster trick:

First, IF people can be infected by merely getting zombie guts into their bodies even without getting bit, why are are they just realizing this now? Further, again IF that is the case, why have we not seen more people drop dead from that scenario after countless goo-strewn fights--not to mention the instances of "wearing" defensive zombie-gut camo--among people who are bound to have a few fresh or open wounds, along with eyes and mouths that surely have been compromised at some points during gory, violent, and splashy walker encounters? Come on.

My memory may be faulty, but I recall that Rick plunged a knife hard into the head of a zombie, top down into the crown, breaking bone, and it appeared that bloody bone shards cut his hand.  If I remember correctly, Rick even had to wrap his hand.  This occurred circa season 6?? after Rick escaped from an RV?? 

Teeth-vs-bone penetration, no real difference.  Blood and guts into broken skin or open mouth should have the same effect.  General rules of zombie engagement should have been established in a writer's guide before the first episode was shot (i.e., How fast do zombies move?  They growl and shuffle but somehow are able to sneak up on some folks.   Some people have an 'out' but can't seem to escape a small band of zombies.  A hurd such as descended on the farm in season 2 could not be heard approaching until almost on top of them). Characters are selectively deaf or lack peripheral vision.

Among my biggest issues with this show, now deep into season 8, is why the zombies have not turned to dust due to decay/putrification, gravity, environmental elements, and even a declining population to turn, etc.   Brains are friable and would even slip out the scull after a time.  Season 1 finale established the activity of the virus acted in the brain. 

Some creative storytelling (with the usual stretching of the imagination, of course) could have made a case for some type of immunity built after years of exposure. Perhaps zombies 'newly created' after several months or years into the ZA might carry a mutated virus (again the ? of how long can a zombie shuffle?).  Maybe it is time for an unexpected turn in apocalypse:  the rise of the Rabid Infected from the mutated virus. Not dead, not zombies, but just as deadly. Anything but another group of Saviors or Ws or Termites.  CDB survivors are not even afraid of zombies any more, like it's a game or the kind of tempting fate that got Carl bitten.

Edited by Yemayah
grammar and syntax
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Yemayah said:

My memory may be faulty, but I recall that Rick plunged a knife hard into the head of a zombie, top down into the crown, breaking bone, and it appeared that bloody bone shards cut his hand.

My memory is awful, but I'm pretty sure the zombie he was killing had a large knife blade (covered in zombie blood and germs) protruding from its neck and Rick's hand got sliced by it.

13 hours ago, enthropyhater said:

Does anyone miss the garbage people at all? it's hilarious that they were never mentioned again after they turned into soylent green

Why yes - yes, I'm sure I'll miss Helium and Telus or whatever their names were. "Soylent green" - heee!

• Love 1
15 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

The only main characters I can think of (could be others) whose deaths were not ridiculous were Merle, Hershel, Shane and Lori too I suppose. Even Glenn - dying for no reason, just randomly being chosen to have his head bashed in by some hammy, smarmy, smirking, long-winded Fonz?  Carl's is the dumbest death to date I think. Don't bother giving either of them a decent send-off - saving Maggie, Judith or anyone else. Kind of insulting all 

Precisely!  If they were hell bent on killing off Coral, why not have him be bitten whilst protecting Judith or doing something worthwhile instead of that bullshit "releasing their spirits" or whatever the fuck that shit was with Saddiq?  It was an absolutely meaningless death, that made no sense, just like so many characters before him.

Of course, I've never figured out why the writers couldn't kill off Tyreese by having him being bitten when he killed all of those walkers barehanded protecting Judith instead of writing a scenario in which he had his head up his ass staring at a picture on the wall at Noah's house.  We're supposed to believe he was so mesmerized by that picture that he failed to hear either that bedroom door across the hall opening or the godawful grunting/moaning sounds walkers make?  Again, absolutely implausible.

And I loathed Beth but, that being said, to have her stab Dawn in the shoulder area with those scissors instead of actually going for her throat was asinine.  I guess they "stupidized" her character in that moment so Darryl could put a cap into Dawn's cranium.

I guess if they ever decide to kill off Carol, at this point she'll probably be killed whilst playing nursemaid to an ailing Jared or some other ridiculous plot-driven deviation from the character.

I'm probably deluding myself, but I sincerely hope the new show runner starts taking things in another direction. 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

We're supposed to believe he was so mesmerized by that picture that he failed to hear either that bedroom door across the hall opening or the godawful grunting/moaning sounds walkers make?

Maybe he was mesmerized, thinking "This shit can't be for real" in that 1950's era "Leave it to Beaver" kid's bedroom with the model planes hanging from the ceiling and the globes and pictures of doggies on the wall. Do the writers here have no access to the real world?

21 hours ago, PreviouslyTV said:

this EPIC OLD-SCHOOL RECAP!

God, yes! Epic for sure, and these recaps were often the only reason I would continue watching a show after it descended into the crapper. Hilarious.

18 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I guess if they ever decide to kill off Carol, at this point she'll probably be killed whilst playing nursemaid

Or maybe she'll step on a rusty nail Morgan left lying around after constructing his jail cell and get tetanus. Hey, there's a good tactic for Rick to use. Smuggle rusty nails into Negan's bedroom so he can step on them and get - lockjaw!

• Love 2
On 15.3.2018 at 8:52 PM, Persnickety1 said:

Of course, I've never figured out why the writers couldn't kill off Tyreese by having him being bitten when he killed all of those walkers barehanded protecting Judith instead of writing a scenario in which he had his head up his ass staring at a picture on the wall at Noah's house.  We're supposed to believe he was so mesmerized by that picture that he failed to hear either that bedroom door across the hall opening or the godawful grunting/moaning sounds walkers make?  Again, absolutely implausible.

Seriously, the last character before Tyreese to be so completely zoned out at least tried to kill a baby while doing it (Lizzie says hi).

And I loathed Beth but, that being said, to have her stab Dawn in the shoulder area with those scissors instead of actually going for her throat was asinine.  I guess they "stupidized" her character in that moment so Darryl could put a cap into Dawn's cranium.

Which is why JSS was extra funny. Let Jessie show you how to use scissors correctly, Beth.

• Love 2
On 3/14/2018 at 7:39 PM, enthropyhater said:

Does anyone miss the garbage people at all? it's hilarious that they were never mentioned again after they turned into soylent green that episode and people are still talking about Glenn and Abe(and of course Carl).

SOYLENT GREEN IS... well, in this case I’m pretty much okay with it.

• Love 1

Here are the Live + Same Day ratings for Season 8, so far. Sorry these are late, but I was in the hospital for 3 weeks...(long story).

10-22-17 “Mercy” 11.439 million
10-29-17 “The Damned” 8.923 million
11-05-17 “Monsters” 8.519 million
11-12-17 “Some Guy” 8.688 million
11-19-17 “The Big Scary U” 7.845 million
11-26-17 “The King, The Widow, & Rick” 8.282 million
12-03-17 “Time For After” 7.468 million
12-10-17 “How It’s Gotta Be” 7.885 million

02-25-18 “Honor”  8.282 million
03-04-18 “The Lost or the Plunderers” 6.820 million
03-11-18 “Dead or Alive Or” 6.604 million

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, Raven1707 said:

Here are the Live + Same Day ratings for Season 8, so far. Sorry these are late, but I was in the hospital for 3 weeks...(long story).

10-22-17 “Mercy” 11.439 million
10-29-17 “The Damned” 8.923 million
11-05-17 “Monsters” 8.519 million
11-12-17 “Some Guy” 8.688 million
11-19-17 “The Big Scary U” 7.845 million
11-26-17 “The King, The Widow, & Rick” 8.282 million
12-03-17 “Time For After” 7.468 million
12-10-17 “How It’s Gotta Be” 7.885 million

02-25-18 “Honor”  8.282 million
03-04-18 “The Lost or the Plunderers” 6.820 million
03-11-18 “Dead or Alive Or” 6.604 million

Hope you're doing better.

Wow, down almost five million viewers since last October.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Gobi said:

Hope you're doing better.

Wow, down almost five million viewers since last October.

Hope you are feeling better. Thanks for the ratings update. AMC is a publicly traded company & The Walking Dead provides something like 30-40% of its advertising revenue.

I think they must be very disappointed at the ratings decline & might ask the Producers to address the criticisms of many fans.

The show needs to do a reboot. Get rid of Negan & the Saviors and come up with new obstacles like a drought or disease .

They should look at old BBC shows like Survivors for plot ideas.

• Love 4

I think the audience has grown tired of the ZA being run by a showrunner who is essentially a 12 year old boy.  Enough of "Zombies everywhere!  Horrific ways to die!  No hope, man!  One Big Bad after another!  Look, that guy smashes people for fun and talks about farts and dicks a lot!  Cool!  Biggest asshole wins!"

By this point the ZA is about three or four years in.  The majority of the zombies should have dissolved by now, and everyone seems to know that anyone who dies needs to have their brain damaged to prevent them from turning.  Although there would certainly be zombies, and people should still be looking out for them, there shouldn't be as many as the show has. 

Enough of CDB rolling up onto an established community and promptly causing everyone to die.  CDB is not the authority on how to survive the ZA, they're the cautionary tale of what happens when a bunch of idiots who have gathered and lost innumerable people in their group show up and insist that they're the ones who know how to survive.  Frankly, a working community should shoot them on sight. 

• Love 5
On 3/16/2018 at 7:53 AM, AngelaHunter said:

Maybe he was mesmerized, thinking "This shit can't be for real" in that 1950's era "Leave it to Beaver" kid's bedroom with the model planes hanging from the ceiling and the globes and pictures of doggies on the wall. Do the writers here have no access to the real world?

God, yes! Epic for sure, and these recaps were often the only reason I would continue watching a show after it descended into the crapper. Hilarious.

Or maybe she'll step on a rusty nail Morgan left lying around after constructing his jail cell and get tetanus. Hey, there's a good tactic for Rick to use. Smuggle rusty nails into Negan's bedroom so he can step on them and get - lockjaw!

I admit that I've often found myself contemplating how often they actually leave the basements in which they surely must be dwelling, especially given the way they attempt to write adult relationships.  Ye gads.  ***insert eye roll here***

On 3/16/2018 at 2:35 PM, Smad said:

Seriously, the last character before Tyreese to be so completely zoned out at least tried to kill a baby while doing it (Lizzie says hi).

Which is why JSS was extra funny. Let Jessie show you how to use scissors correctly, Beth.

The giggles this post gave me were like hugs from sweet baby Jaysus...Grazi!!!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Zahdii said:

CDB is not the authority on how to survive the ZA, they're the cautionary tale of what happens when a bunch of idiots who have gathered and lost innumerable people in their group show up and insist that they're the ones who know how to survive.

Glenn: "We know what we're doing." Hmm, okay.

• Love 2

This episode was painful to watch.  And not in a good way.

I absolutely loathe Tara and can't stand the sight of her slack-jawed face.  Please make her death slow and agonizing.

Enid may not be able to act,  but I really love the fact that she shares her name with SNL's Church Lady.  I've already informed Mr. pig that our next female pet will be named Enid.  Hell - maybe our next male pet if I feel like it.

• Love 4

Thank you for the well wishes.

For the record, I watched the most recent episodes of The Walking Dead in the hospital(s) as they aired, while very much feeling like one of the zombies...an interesting perspective.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Zahdii said:

I think the audience has grown tired of the ZA being run by a showrunner who is essentially a 12 year old boy.  Enough of "Zombies everywhere!  Horrific ways to die!  No hope, man!  One Big Bad after another!  Look, that guy smashes people for fun and talks about farts and dicks a lot!  Cool!  Biggest asshole wins!"

By this point the ZA is about three or four years in.  The majority of the zombies should have dissolved by now, and everyone seems to know that anyone who dies needs to have their brain damaged to prevent them from turning.  Although there would certainly be zombies, and people should still be looking out for them, there shouldn't be as many as the show has. 

Enough of CDB rolling up onto an established community and promptly causing everyone to die.  CDB is not the authority on how to survive the ZA, they're the cautionary tale of what happens when a bunch of idiots who have gathered and lost innumerable people in their group show up and insist that they're the ones who know how to survive.  Frankly, a working community should shoot them on sight. 

Agreed. I get the feeling that the goal of each episode is to show Zombies in a new situation. Last week , it was zombies in a swamp. Why would here be so many zombies in a swamp? Why would anyone take the risk of walking through a swamp when a zombie could bite you from underwater?

Doesn't anyone remember what happened when they went to look for canned food near Father Gabriel's church. Someone got bit in the flooded basement & ended up being kidnapped by Terminus group.

Why haven't the Saviors looked at a phone book for a Costco or Walmart warehouse to look for supplies. They seem to have lookouts everywhere, so why not be focused on getting supplies. I doubt every warehouse is empty of supplies.

It's a frustrating show to watch.

• Love 3

Last week I wasn't all that excited to watch this so I waited. Then this week I figured I should watch it so I'm not too far behind.

This used to be a show that I Could. Not. Miss.

You guys...  Half way through I looked at my husband and said, "You know, I wouldn't care if you turned this off right now and we just never watched this again."  He replied, "Go ahead."

• Love 2