Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E12: Allow Me to Reintroduce Myself

thewhiteowl

Ok, I loved that episode. My expectations were pretty low, but the story actually worked for me. And I loved all the Annalise-Olivia scenes, especially the one in the hair salon.

And wonder of wonders, Fitz didn't annoy me, though I still find Quinn insufferable.

• Love 7
42 minutes ago, Gillian Rosh said:

And I loved all the Annalise-Olivia scenes, especially the one in the hair salon.

I liked that scene, too. I've never seen "Scandal" before tonight, but I did like what I saw of Olivia here. 

• Love 1

These people are such petty hypocrites.  Mellie, Quinn and Abby know Jake was working with Liv, and was part of the whole Rashid killing right?  If Rowan hadn't threatened to kill Quinn, and tricked Liv into thinking he had done so, Jake would have taken out Quinn himself.  They realize that right?  Because if they don't, not only are they hypocrites, they are to stupid to live.  I guess Liv is going to be redeemed, but I really wanted all of these people to go down in flames.  Cyrus is still Vice President.  Mellie and Jake know Cyrus sold them out to Liv, but Liv didn't take the bait.  However, Jake and Cyrus are still part of Mellie's White House, but Liv is gone, and Mellie is on good terms with Fitz (the lying, cheating, jerk who tossed Mellie to the curb).

The supreme court case was okay, but I wish it had expanded more on the wealthy vs. poor defendants, and not concentrated solely on race.  It's not confined to innocent people who have no money ending up in prison or with longer sentences because they have lousy attorneys.  There are also rich people who are guilty who go free simply because they have the money to afford not just the best defense attorneys, but expert witnesses, investigators, etc.

• Love 9

When Olivia was trashing Annalise for her involvement in various murders, I kept think how Olivia is the one who has actually killed people. So it seems her problem was just that Annalise got caught?

But I guess we are supposed to forget how awful Olivia has been for the past few seasons so we end the show on a positive note?

• Love 22

I'm watching this right now. I'm so annoyed by all of the hypocrites, ganging up against Olivia, as they've kept their cushy jobs, judging her for being a TEACHER??? Fighting a good cause, just because of her. 

And then I was pissed at Olivia, for saying that she didn't have to explain herself to anyone, especially Annalise... what's with the judging there? She has been just as rude, if not more. Blaming the failure to get the White House on their side, on Annalise, was just wrong. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

When Olivia was trashing Annalise for her involvement in various murders, I kept think how Olivia is the one who has actually killed people. So it seems her problem was just that Annalise got caught?

But I guess we are supposed to forget how awful Olivia has been for the past few seasons so we end the show on a positive note?

Ironically, although I may be stretching my memory here, I'm pretty sure that Annalise has actually never killed anyone!

I gave up on this show when the batshit crazy got too overwhelming for me. But it was nice to see everyone on the show again (even though I think Huck should have been killed of ages ago!).  I'm very interest to see where it lands in the finale, but nothing I've seen this season caused me to reinvest for the season, although I was open to it initially.

This cross-over, however, was fantastic!

• Love 4

When Olivia told Marcus that Annalise was a criminal, I was like “ ... Are you serious?” Olivia just hasn’t served any time. Annalise isn’t a murderer like she is.

The scene in the salon got into class differences in the Black community, and I thought it was very well-done.

• Love 12

I know it is silly to expect any semblance of reality on this show, but for those of you who aren't familiar with the appellate system, this is NOT how it works to get cases into the SCOTUS. And once a case is accepted, it is a long time until oral argument and decision.

Unfortunately, the underlying case is all too realistic. As one Senator said, the Constitution guarantees the right to counsel, but not GOOD counsel.

• Love 6

When Olivia told Marcus that Annalise was a criminal, I was like “ ... Are you serious?” Olivia just hasn’t served any time. Annalise isn’t a murderer like she is.

I laughed out loud at that. Say what? Annalise may have covered up a lot of murders, but she hasn't actually killed anyone - at least not yet.

• Love 7

So, a bunch of horrible people join forces with another bunch of horrible people, and their leaders chew up the scenery.  But we're supposed to care because it is for a noble cause.  Alrighty, then.

• Love 10
15 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Cyrus is still Vice President.  Mellie and Jake know Cyrus sold them out to Liv, but Liv didn't take the bait.

The resolution of this was literally the only thing I was looking forward to; at this point I guess I shouldn't be surprised that anything to do with Cyrus gets shoved to the back, back, back burner, but seriously, what the hell. When Olivia blabbed to Mellie about the blackmail, but then didn't go through with it, it made what he'd tried to do obvious, but it's been 'months' since the last episode and we don't get even a scrap of information about what's going on on that front?

I know this episode was all about the crossover, but the rest of the cast at least got some screentime.

Still, at least the trainwreck's almost over.

18 hours ago, pennben said:

Ironically, although I may be stretching my memory here, I'm pretty sure that Annalise has actually never killed anyone!

She has not. But she has covered up several, which is actually a crime. Certainly not as big a crime as actual murder or rigging presidential elections

11 hours ago, Good Queen Jane said:

Unfortunately, the underlying case is all too realistic. As one Senator said, the Constitution guarantees the right to counsel, but not GOOD counsel.

I thought that was a really interesting comment, because it's true that the Constitution only says the right to counsel, not GOOD counsel. So in some ways it is a good argument.. But that is also very sad. I don't think the men who wrote the Constitution expected people to have bad lawyers or wanted anyone to make that claim. It probably never occurred to them that this country would have so many criminals and so few funds for public defenders.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

She has not. But she has covered up several, which is actually a crime. Certainly not as big a crime as actual murder or rigging presidential elections

I thought that was a really interesting comment, because it's true that the Constitution only says the right to counsel, not GOOD counsel. So in some ways it is a good argument.. But that is also very sad. I don't think the men who wrote the Constitution expected people to have bad lawyers or wanted anyone to make that claim. It probably never occurred to them that this country would have so many criminals and so few funds for public defenders.

It goes to show how many crimes these folks have committed that I completely forgot that Olivia & co. rigged Fitz's first election.

• Love 2

Olivia - "Oh, by the way, one of the justices is colluding with opposing counsel and helping her prep for their questioning."

Annalise - "Damn!  We're screwed!  I wish someone would murder him!"

Olivia - "Well, I know a guy with experience in that area............"

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Bama said:

Olivia - "Oh, by the way, one of the justices is colluding with opposing counsel and helping her prep for their questioning."

Annalise - "Damn!  We're screwed!  I wish someone would murder him!"

Olivia - "Well, I know a guy with experience in that area............"

Hee!!!  This is how the episode should have gone.  That is who these people really are.

• Love 3
(edited)

I love that even after being fired Liv is still smarter and better than Mellie at wielding her power and spinning the narrative.

Fitz and Cyrus were right, Mellie is smart, but she's not savvy about politics and media.

And as I've said since Season 4, fuck Quinn and Abby! They wouldn't have had any of the opportunities they currently have if it weren't for Liv.  

I love that Annalise forced Liv to elevate her game. They pushed each other and it was fantastic to see.

Edited by Drumpf1737
Grammar is a thing
  • Love 6
On 3/2/2018 at 9:35 AM, Good Queen Jane said:

I know it is silly to expect any semblance of reality on this show, but for those of you who aren't familiar with the appellate system, this is NOT how it works to get cases into the SCOTUS. And once a case is accepted, it is a long time until oral argument and decision.

I know!  I kept saying, that is not how this works!  You can't just decide to put a case before SCOTUS.  It takes years to go through the system. 

On 3/2/2018 at 8:52 PM, KaveDweller said:

I just finished reading John Grisham's The King of Torts which is about class action cases.  The protagonist is a public defender who is given the evidence to bring a class action suit against a pharmaceutical company and quickly learns that this is the way to earn big money.  Gather up as many cases as you can handle, make a quick settlement deal with the company (don't ever go to court!), skim your 30-40% off the top (who cares that the thousands of victims get crumbs?), buy a jet, then move on to the next one.  I kept thinking that Annalise and Liv's pontificating about repairing the justice system was all blather and what they really wanted was their share of the settlement.

• Love 1

There're some nice moments with Cicely Tyson as Annelise's mom, and with Viola Davis and her gravitas; some good scenes without grandstanding between the two leads, plus a fine monologue where a monologue should be: during rebuttal before the Supreme Court. 

• Love 1
On 3/4/2018 at 8:07 AM, Haleth said:

I know!  I kept saying, that is not how this works!  You can't just decide to put a case before SCOTUS.  It takes years to go through the system. 

I just finished reading John Grisham's The King of Torts which is about class action cases.  The protagonist is a public defender who is given the evidence to bring a class action suit against a pharmaceutical company and quickly learns that this is the way to earn big money.  Gather up as many cases as you can handle, make a quick settlement deal with the company (don't ever go to court!), skim your 30-40% off the top (who cares that the thousands of victims get crumbs?), buy a jet, then move on to the next one.  I kept thinking that Annalise and Liv's pontificating about repairing the justice system was all blather and what they really wanted was their share of the settlement.

I didn't get that at all. There are much easier ways to get a chunk of money if that's all they were after, especially for Olivia . I saw both women caring about something bigger than themselves. 

• Love 1

I am so beyond over Olivia that I have attempted to finish watching this episode on two separate occasions and have not been able to stand it.  I haven't liked her for a very long time, but now I can't stand the sight of her and this redemption arc is absolute bullshit.

Will I get through it?  Do I have to watch Olivia and Fitz go off into the Sunset in the end.

Not sure I can do that.

As far as hypocrisy goes - yes, there's been lots of dirty deeds done by lots of people and yes the people who worked with Olivia "Should know" lots of things.  But "Should know" is not hypocrisy.  So.  Olivia ostensibly allows Quinn to be killed (and that's never minding her stealing Quinn's identity in the first place).  Hypocrisy is one of the other people set Olivia up to be killed.  THAT's hypocrisy.  Like - you know- Cyrus does all the time.  I can't at all understand why anyone prefers Olivia to Quinn.  

And Fitz as the arbiter of who is and is not acting in good conscience - OH MY GOD.

• Love 2