Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E12: Head of Household #7; Nominations #7

• Start Topic

I missed mediocre bobsled coverage for THAT?
So Brandi drinks and Omarosa has an evil side. Stop the presses. I still don't know what happened to Mark's chin.

I hope Ari wins., I want to give Shaken Baby Syndrome to everyone else.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, green said:

I forgot this was on tonight.  What did I miss?  Someone want to give me a brief mini-recap?

It was a recap.  :^)

2 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

Did a season that's only been on for a few weeks really need a clip show?

Nope

• Love 3

It was pretty funny when Omarosa told Brandi she wasn't Nintendo and Brandi responded by telling her she played X-Box.  

I've seen enough of Omarosa over the years on various shows.  She can try as hard as she likes to put herself in a good light, but I will never buy it.  

• Love 12
1 hour ago, green said:

I forgot this was on tonight.  What did I miss?  Someone want to give me a brief mini-recap?

They started the HOH competition at the very end of the episode.  It involves being hoisted in the air and trying to balance on ski-type things.

23 minutes ago, phlebas said:

I missed mediocre bobsled coverage for THAT?
So Brandi drinks and Omarosa has an evil side. Stop the presses. I still don't know what happened to Mark's chin.

I hope Ari wins., I want to give Shaken Baby Syndrome to everyone else.

He apparently got some sort of crazy rug burn/rash on his chin after doing the red carpet HOH challenge, where they had to crawl/slide/slither on their bellies.  His chin made contact with the carpet as he was clinging to it.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

I have to admit I found myself tearing up at some of the memories they brought back. The good old days.

Edited by Orillia
grammar
  • Love 2

I enjoyed this episode.  It was kind of lighthearted, and we did get glimpses into several conversations we hadn't seen.  I expected a total recap show, and was pleasantly surprised that it was more than that.

And I'm sad now because it will all be over tomorrow night.  I never expected to enjoy CBB as much as I have.  My eyeballs were rolling out of my head when I first heard about it, and I went into it feeling very skeptical.  But it was better than regular BB in lots of ways, and it won me over quickly.  I wish it could have lasted longer. 

• Love 9
33 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

They started the HOH competition at the very end of the episode.  It involves being hoisted in the air and trying to balance on ski-type things.

Liked the comp but hated that I wasted an hour for a clip show.  Also missed another one of Omarosa's White House recap.  I think I caught her saying she was emancipated(?).  I really need to stop running around the house doing chores but they fooled me with the clips.

3 minutes ago, DebbieM4 said:

And I'm sad now because it will all be over tomorrow night. 

I am torn between this show and Victoria season finale.

2 hours ago, green said:

They all love each other, it's been an incredible experience and everyone is awesome.  Lots of clips, some seen before, some not.   They all think Brandi drinks too much, Marissa talks too much, and they show clips proving both to be true. Omarosa attacked Shannon in one clip, saying she was trying to get her career restarted, but is coming across as a bitch. (I'd say pot/kettle. but Omarosa would call me racist!)

Metta and Ross bonded over random stuff. James and Brandi hate each other.   Poor Omarosa was ignored in the White house and felt like an indentured servant who was the only African American woman on the SENIOR STAFF!   But she's glad to be out of there, because they treated her so terribly, blah, blah. 

HOH competition starts.   they are standing on snow skis, that are swinging in the air over fake snow.   Last one standing is HOH. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, backformore said:

They all love each other, it's been an incredible experience and everyone is awesome.  Lots of clips, some seen before, some not.   They all think Brandi drinks too much, Marissa talks too much, and they show clips proving both to be true. Omarosa attacked Shannon in one clip, saying she was trying to get her career restarted, but is coming across as a bitch. (I'd say pot/kettle. but Omarosa would call me racist!)

Metta and Ross bonded over random stuff. James and Brandi hate each other.   Poor Omarosa was ignored in the White house and felt like an indentured servant who was the only African American woman on the SENIOR STAFF!   But she's glad to be out of there, because they treated her so terribly, blah, blah. 

HOH competition starts.   they are standing on snow skis, that are swinging in the air over fake snow.   Last one standing is HOH. 

Nicely done!!  :-)

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, backformore said:

Poor Omarosa was ignored in the White house and felt like an indentured servant who was the only African American woman on the SENIOR STAFF!   But she's glad to be out of there, because they treated her so terribly, blah, blah. 

I added this in the "live" discussion but it might belong here. I was reading a few articles that stated that Omarosa was fired 4 times during the Clinton Administration. Ha !!  people.com/celebrity/omarosas-long-history-of-being-fired/

Edited by MsJamieDornan
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, backformore said:

(I'd say pot/kettle. but Omarosa would call me racist!)

Unable to forget her first go at The Apprentice.  I remember that too. Someone I know had a pin that said something like "A piece of plaster fell on my head and now you're a racist."  She started to go in the direction of racism accusations against Shannon after Keisha left but seemed to pull back rather quickly.  She strikes me as being very calculating in everything she does.  

9 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

I was reading a few articles that stated that Omarosa was fired 4 times during the Clinton Administration. Ha !!

She's fascinating in a way.  Can't say she isn't driven, and if she truly is a child from the projects she has certainly accomplished a lot. I wouldn't put any bets on this being her last reality show or being newsworthy for some reason.  

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, ichbin said:

I wouldn't put any bets on this being her last reality show or being newsworthy for some reason. 

Oh heck no ! But I think she is done in politics !

Thank you jumper sage.

Edited by MsJamieDornan
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Definitely...and "calculating" is an extremely kind term when it comes to Omarosa.  So is "conniving.

So is “spin doctor” - since, yaknow, the vast majority of the DRs are recorded after the fact....  ;)

• Love 1

I would like to hear Marissa’s reaction to the imitations of her talking.  That was very funny but not sure she will get as big a kick out of that as we did. 

7 hours ago, backformore said:

Omarosa attacked Shannon in one clip, saying she was trying to get her career restarted, but is coming across as a bitch. (I'd say pot/kettle. but Omarosa would call me racist!)

Ha!  I find it fascinating in a train wreck way, to watch her set situations up (in her mind) so she can cry racist.  She is obsessed.  

A highlight.  

Omarosa: Don’t you question my integrity! 

Brandy: I will question anything I want! 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, jumper sage said:

I am torn between this show and Victoria season finale.

Same here. I think that I’ll watch Victoria and then head over to these boards to see who won UNLESS you know somewhere I can stream Victoria tomorrow. PBS on demand here requires me to commit to a monthly donation and I don’t always have the dosh or want to continue the donation just to see one episode. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

Well, I guess I'm in the minority but I enjoyed it.  They spend too much time on alliance chatter (both on BB and Survivor) so it's a break to just watch them kicking back and talking about something else for a change.  And we kind of got some idea how the groups formed and how they related.

I had to laugh at the DR clips.  All that whining about stuff they needed.  

I wasn't even going to bother with this CBB, but in an odd way I can't explain, I've kind of enjoyed it.  They put together a good mix.

I'm hoping it's Ross for the win.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, ichbin said:

It was pretty funny when Omarosa told Brandi she wasn't Nintendo and Brandi responded by telling her she played X-Box.  

I've seen enough of Omarosa over the years on various shows.  She can try as hard as she likes to put herself in a good light, but I will never buy it.  

Agreed.  She O is so nasty.  I noticed when she is called out, she goes into attack mode and makes it obvious that she is lying.   

I loooved Brandi' s x box quote.  Too funny!!

• Love 2

To echo what Wings said, I loved when they talked about how many times Marissa says the word "like" and then they showed clips of her saying it over and over with a counter in the corner of the screen.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 2

I never expected to enjoy CBB as much as I have.  My eyeballs were rolling out of my head when I first heard about it, and I went into it feeling very skeptical.

Yes!  I was convinced that any "celebrity" would be so ego-driven that they would all insist (through their agents of course) upon contracts that GUARANTEED them X amount of money--win or lose, and that there would be contract riders stipulating that they would NOT do this...or could NOT do that or "don't mess up my hair", or insisting on more alcohol than provided during Summer BB...

I still do feel that some concessions were made behind the scenes, but overall, CBS must have structured those contracts to insist that the celebs actually played the game.

That's undoubtedly why Keisha and Metta begged to be voted out--there had to have been some strong contract language that kept them from just walking out the door. 

And even if CBS did give some guaranteed money or extra alcohol or other incentives, the hamsters (even Omarosa), actually played and participated in the full, if abbreviated experience.   Well done, CBS.

• Love 3

I wonder if it's hoping for too much, the hope being that O does write a very successful book and makes  a million or 2 & then just disappears from public life forever ! Yeah, I know, the world just isn't that kind. I just can't stand her, the condescending attitude, she seems to believe that she's so much better than everyone else & if she just wasn't ignored and passed over because of her race, she'd be running the world. You know, when you are being fired from important jobs over and over again, maybe it's you ! I am glad I won't have to listen to her gain after tonight's show.

I'm really OK with anyone but O winning, but I might be pulling for Adrianna a little more, she's seems like a really lovely lady and it would be nice to see her win something for real ( and not have it taken away after 30 seconds ! I hope Julie doesn't misread the winner's name, ha.)

• Love 1

I totally agree with everything UncleChuck says. I also think the fact that most of these players went in knowing the game and wanted to play is a big part of the reason why this season  turned out to be so good. Could you imagine a cast of Mettas?  So what if someone wasn't on slop every week. I hate that aspect of the game anyways. It was always hilarious to see these "celebrities" getting dirty and wandering around the house in their pajamas or doing their make up. Just like regular players. I'm sure there were some concessions made, but nothing that had a major impact on the game. It made me laugh, so I'm happy

1 hour ago, willco said:

I'm really OK with anyone but O winning, but I might be pulling for Adrianna a little more, she's seems like a really lovely lady and it would be nice to see her win something for real ( and not have it taken away after 30 seconds ! I hope Julie doesn't misread the winner's name, ha.)

Julie: "And the winner of Celebrity Big Brother is... Miss Colombia!" (long pause) "Just kidding, the winner is Paul."

I mean, production seemed to be trying so hard to get him a win on his second go-round...

• Love 3

IIRC, in one of the first seasons (either 1 or 2), the HGs put together a potato clock. In every season since then, I think they’ve had clocks. 

For that matter, I saw one of the celebs sitting there with a tablet. (I think it was this episode, but I binged the last three and can’t say for sure.) Is that to do the HOH blog, or is that one of the perks of being a celeb?

To add to the recap: There was a montage of celebs making requests, one of which I believe was O asking for upscale Ramen noodles. 

2 hours ago, Porterest said:

IIRC, in one of the first seasons (either 1 or 2), the HGs put together a potato clock. In every season since then, I think they’ve had clocks. 

For that matter, I saw one of the celebs sitting there with a tablet. (I think it was this episode, but I binged the last three and can’t say for sure.) Is that to do the HOH blog, or is that one of the perks of being a celeb?

To add to the recap: There was a montage of celebs making requests, one of which I believe was O asking for upscale Ramen noodles. 

It was Metta with the tablet and he had it in his hands while speaking to Mark. I have no idea what he was doing with it as it looked like it wasn't in current use. All l I was able to see on the tablet's screen was its wallpaper/background.

I heard the same thing!

I loved the part with Ross & Metta bonding in the bathroom. I hope Metta really does take Ross to a game, even if he has to explain it minute by minute!

Edited by Bridget
1 hour ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

I love that she seems to be failing at real life.  I was rolling my eyes at her mentioning her "doctoral studies".  To me, that's like taking a few 100-level classes and then tossing out in casual conversation your 'bachelors studies', in hopes people will think you got the degree.

I think that her egotism is responsible for her failures. Based on her comments in the article about her history of being fired, it looks like she exaggerated her qualifications for a job in the Clinton White House, then didn't like that they just put her to work, expecting her to be able to do the job.