Type keyword(s) to search

Aspyn Brown: She Has The Man, But May Eventually Get "The Family"

• Start Topic

I love subscription boxes too--it's so much fun to get in the mail and try cool stuff I'd never  think about buying otherwise, for a fraction of the price.   I've gotten 5 different ones (haven't tried FFF though) and loved most of them.  This website changed my life:   www.mysubscriptionaddiction.com.

Please use my discount code for a better deal than Aspyn gives you: SISTERWIFE LIFE (just kidding--however, there IS a better deal for FFF on this website).

• LOL 1

Pass.

We oldsters know how it went with the Album of the Month Club eons ago.  Once in you could never get out.  The scheme was fiendishly complicated.

I am a serious recycler and I don't want to get a bunch of crap in plastic that I will never use even if there is one decent thing for every ten fails.

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Pass.

We oldsters know how it went with the Album of the Month Club eons ago.  Once in you could never get out.  The scheme was fiendishly complicated.

I am a serious recycler and I don't want to get a bunch of crap in plastic that I will never use even if there is one decent thing for every ten fails.

This.  The first box might be fun but after a while it becomes "How many different hair products can one person possibly use, or the entire cast of CATS in its however many years run couldn't use this much make-up."  Pretty soon you'll be known as that person who always gives crap you got in a box for every occasion. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

This.  The first box might be fun but after a while it becomes "How many different hair products can one person possibly use, or the entire cast of CATS in its however many years run couldn't use this much make-up."  Pretty soon you'll be known as that person who always gives crap you got in a box for every occasion. 

Yeah, I did the Record of the Month Club too and I also got stuck with "The Spaghetti Incident" by Guns N Roses. None of the used CD stores would take it since they already had a kajillion of them. 😳

It's a lot easier to cancel subscriptions these days - there's usually a link or button you can click on the site. 

That said - I just did a purge of my closets and cupboards not too long ago and got rid of a TON of cosmetics, beauty products and other bric a brac that I just HAD to have and ended up never using.  For hair products I go by my stylist's recommendations, for skin products I ask my estitician. I've learned the hard way just to try a tester or ask for/purchase a sample/travel size. 

I know it's fun to get stuff in the mail but I'm getting too old for this shit!!

• Love 11
14 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Pass.

all you do is go to your account and click "cancel subscription" and it's done. 

I did a cat subscription box for awhile.  after my initial subscription that I paid for in full, I did it off and on when they would send me a deal. just pay for one month and then cancel.  It's super easy and reactivate it when I wanted it again. 

• Love 3

My take on the 3 pictures---Aspyn looks lovely in the single picture.  Not sure about the lei.  Is that a western US trend for graduates?   The last two graduations I attended were at UVa (2014 and 2017) and there was not a lei in sight.    There was a lot of walking around the grounds at UVa so I would guess they were doing a lot of walking at wherever she went to school so maybe I should not snark too much on the footwear.

Kody appears to have a beer belly.

Ysabel (if she is the one in glasses) looks adorable.  Truley (Truely?) looks cute.

Meri looks awful.  She should have on trousers instead of leggings. 

Aspyn looks good.

I hate all the patterned Luluno they are wearing.  In that picture of the three of them, Christine looks fat.  Hate her leggings.  Not fond of the shoes.

Who is next to Meri?

Of the 3 "moms" I would say Janelle looks the best, but that's not a great compliment considering how bad Meri and Christine look. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Twopper said:

My take on the 3 pictures---Aspyn looks lovely in the single picture.  Not sure about the lei.  Is that a western US trend for graduates?   The last two graduations I attended were at UVa (2014 and 2017) and there was not a lei in sight.    There was a lot of walking around the grounds at UVa so I would guess they were doing a lot of walking at wherever she went to school so maybe I should not snark too much on the footwear.

Kody appears to have a beer belly.

Ysabel (if she is the one in glasses) looks adorable.  Truley (Truely?) looks cute.

Meri looks awful.  She should have on trousers instead of leggings. 

Aspyn looks good.

I hate all the patterned Luluno they are wearing.  In that picture of the three of them, Christine looks fat.  Hate her leggings.  Not fond of the shoes.

Who is next to Meri?

Of the 3 "moms" I would say Janelle looks the best, but that's not a great compliment considering how bad Meri and Christine look. 

That's Hunter next to Meri.

• Useful 1

In the first season, Meri's face and skin look far different than they do now.  She's not aging well, nor is Robyn.  Robyn has a witchier-than-ever profile, to suit her unlovely personality.  Meri's skin is leathery-looking.

Aspyn is the prettiest girl so far, along with sis Ysabel.  

• Love 6
8 hours ago, winsomeone said:

Mariah, Mykelti, and Gwen are similar in looks and facial skin..thick? Odd since there are two different mothers . Must be something from the Brown side?

Yeah, large pores, usually oily or combination, often described as "textured' skin. I've battled it off and on and it's a bitch, let me tell you. I have always envied women with smooth, clear skin. I am forever on the hunt for good products - and then when I do find something that works, of course it gets discontinued! 

• Love 5
On 6/1/2019 at 3:00 PM, Gothish520 said:

Yeah, large pores, usually oily or combination, often described as "textured' skin. I've battled it off and on and it's a bitch, let me tell you. I have always envied women with smooth, clear skin. I am forever on the hunt for good products - and then when I do find something that works, of course it gets discontinued! 

Smashbox makes a fabulous primer that hides my 48 year old pores quite well.  Highly recommend.  I also use tretinoin to resurface my skin. I have rough skin too.

Aspyn is by far the prettiest  she got her momma’s hair too, luckily.  I always forget that Gwen is Christine’s, she looks so much more like Hunter and Janelle’s other kids  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

According to Aspyn’s Twitter bio, this is where she’s working. She doesn’t list her position with the company.

https://www.kendrascott.com/about-kendra.html

I wonder how bonus mom Robyn feels about this, she probably had envisioned this for SW Closet.  I delved a bit into the company website and Kendra Scott seems to have built herself a small empire with a state of the art facility, employee accommodating environment and stylish inventory.  All started in 2012 with a $500. investment in a spare bedroom, by contrast, Robyn seems to be still stuck in a spare bedroom with inventory nobody wants to purchase.

I don't know how Aspyn will apply her degree in this company, but if nothing else, she will absorb what it takes to become a true entrepreneur.  Maybe she can pass along to Mykelti the accomplishments and achievements necessary before designating oneself as an entrepreneur.

• Love 6
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I wonder how bonus mom Robyn feels about this, she probably had envisioned this for SW Closet.  I delved a bit into the company website and Kendra Scott seems to have built herself a small empire with a state of the art facility, employee accommodating environment and stylish inventory.  All started in 2012 with a $500. investment in a spare bedroom, by contrast, Robyn seems to be still stuck in a spare bedroom with inventory nobody wants to purchase.

I don't know how Aspyn will apply her degree in this company, but if nothing else, she will absorb what it takes to become a true entrepreneur.  Maybe she can pass along to Mykelti the accomplishments and achievements necessary before designating oneself as an entrepreneur.

The company is based in Austin, with retail locations in various locations including Vegas. 

Unless the Thompsons moved to Austin, I'm assuming that Aspyn is working in the Vegas retail, I guess as a sales person? Maybe just temporary until she gets a job to go with her degree? 

ETA Robyn might have "envisioned" something similar but she lacks experience and talent.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

The company is based in Austin, with retail locations in various locations including Vegas. 

Unless the Thompsons moved to Austin, I'm assuming that Aspyn is working in the Vegas retail, I guess as a sales person? Maybe just temporary until she gets a job to go with her degree? 

ETA Robyn might have "envisioned" something similar but she lacks experience and talent.

I thought Aspyn posted on Instagram that they were moving to Utah and she was starting her new job there the day after graduation.  Maybe a branch opening in SL City?

• Love 3
(edited)
46 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I thought Aspyn posted on Instagram that they were moving to Utah and she was starting her new job there the day after graduation.  Maybe a branch opening in SL City?

There's a store in SLT in a shopping mall called City Creek Center.

What was her major again?

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

There's a store in SLT in a shopping mall called City Creek Center.

What was her major again?

According to a "Romper" site I read, Aspyn majored in Human Service, Marriage and Family Therapy/Counseling at UNLV after switching from studying to become a Paralegal. She has been an intern at the Alzheimer's Association for 3 months as well as having been a "keyholder" (?) sales associate at Kendra Scott for the past year or so.  I assume a keyholder sales associate would be one entrusted with the keys to open or close a retail store in the course of a day. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

According to a "Romper" site I read, Aspyn majored in Human Service, Marriage and Family Therapy/Counseling at UNLV after switching from studying to become a Paralegal. She has been an intern at the Alzheimer's Association for 3 months as well as having been a "keyholder" (?) sales associate at Kendra Scott for the past year or so.  I assume a keyholder sales associate would be one entrusted with the keys to open or close a retail store in the course of a day. 

Huh.  A shame she isn't able to actually go into her chosen field.  I'm sure there is a need for family therapists and so on, but maybe she should have stayed in Paralegal.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Huh.  A shame she isn't able to actually go into her chosen field.  I'm sure there is a need for family therapists and so on, but maybe she should have stayed in Paralegal.

Possibly with her internship with the Alzheimer's Association, she is able to utilize skills she acquired in the Family Therapy/Counseling aspect of her education.  I can imagine there would be job opportunities in assisting families in coping with that situation.  Most internships I have heard of are performed for a small stipend but would be considered ongoing furtherance of her formal education and would count when seeking full employment in her field.  This would explain why she is still employed with Kendra Scott in Utah, to supplement her income and good for her, she is showing initiative that very few other Browns exhibit. 

• Love 9
32 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I'm sure there is a need for family therapists...

Just think of the number of clients she'd have from within her own family.  Bet she'd beat the heck out of quack Nancy. 

Of course, she'd never get paid except maybe in LuLaCrap castoffs, junk joorey, and contact paper nails so maybe not a great clientele after all.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

The only thing Robyn’s joolry business ever had in it’s favor was their fan base (which they still managed to fail to capitalise on). I’m sure if it operates at all anymore, it’s just for tax purposes. 

The joolry was stuck in the 90’s, clunky, tacky, cheap-looking and way over priced. And let’s not forget those hideous inspirational slogan T-shirt’s. Without the TV exposure and their loyal fan sycophants, MSWC wouldn’t have even been able to get off the ground at all. 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Smashbox makes a fabulous primer that hides my 48 year old pores quite well.  Highly recommend.  I also use tretinoin to resurface my skin. I have rough skin too.

Aspyn is by far the prettiest  she got her momma’s hair too, luckily.  I always forget that Gwen is Christine’s, she looks so much more like Hunter and Janelle’s other kids  

Thanks for the skin tips.  Yes I've noticed their skin is not the same as Christine's other girls.

9 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

The market is over saturated in most areas with lawyers and paralegals.  Read a book about Jobs and the Economy ( not sure of the title ).  Some para's and lawyers were glorified document readers, check for any mistakes in all the paper work.  Making $12-15 an hour.  Couldn't find full time positions.  

Hopefully Aspyn will be happy working in this field.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Best I can recall from my retail years, a “keyholder” was basically the above & also had a key to run management-type functions on the register (etc.) if the MOD wasn’t available to do so. So basically, junior management. Not sure if all of that currently applies to Aspyn, just basing the “definition” off of the corporate BS that I was once fed 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

• Useful 4
(edited)
On 4/13/2019 at 8:38 AM, giaNtsandYankees said:

Guys, I got more for you. Are you ready for it?

Rosemary (Thompson) Williams' (Mitch's aunt - half or whole, I'm not sure). parents are...

Lynn Anderson Thompson (as we know) and Donna Beth (Allred) Jessop (Aspen's great-great aunt).

Beth Allred Jessop (sister to Rulon Allred, Rosemary's grandmother and Christine's great aunt) has had two daughters (with Joseph Lyman Jessop) that had married Joseph Blaine Thompson. I'm not sure if this Thompson is kin to Lynn. It's a possibility. I still need to do some digging.

I had found Lynn's mother though. Apparently she was married four times. Her fourth marriage was to...Christine's grandfather Rulon Clark Allred. But he's definitely not Lynn's father. It was either Joseph Orlando Thompson or William John Worth Kilgrow. (Some records has Lynn's surname as Kilgrow).

On a random note: I do believe that a lot of the Jessops in the AUB community are related to each other be it close or distant. It turns out that Joseph Lyman Jessop was the only Jessop to follow Rulon when he organized the Apostolic United Brethren which was organized the same year as the FLDS in 1954. But a few Jessops could had left FLDS and joined AUB. It's possible.

Okay you guys, I'm still trying to piece together the Allred and Thompson family tree (of sorts). I'll tell you, it's a challenge...

I found a Shirley Jessop-Thompson who is the daughter of Joseph Lyman Jessop and Beth Allred (Beth, the full sister of Rulon Clark Allred).

Shirley married Joseph Blaine Thompson. Joseph Blaine Thompson was the son of Joseph Orlando Thompson and Mary Viola Anderson-Thompson. Making Joseph Blaine the brother of Lynn Anderson Thompson.

So there is a tie between Christine and Aspyn and Mitch. But it is through marriage. Lynn being Christine's great uncle-in-law.

BUT, Lynn did marry two Allreds (as mentioned before). I'm still searching on them. Like I said, it has been a challenge...

ETA:  I know that I said that Christine was a descendant of a Jessop, but it seems Christine is only related to a Jessop mainly through marriage. But you never know with communities like these...

Edited by giaNtsandYankees
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1

Before two people with plyg backgrounds get married, do they sit down and untangle their respective family webs to make sure that they aren't closely related by blood?  Or do they just shrug and think, "first cousins, fourth cousins twice removed, you're my half-uncle on my father's fourth wife's side...it doesn't really matter!"

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

First one is a week ago, second one is today:

F1912593-E2F6-4589-8BB1-1487C2EAB868.jpeg

F31713E6-45F9-4E31-932A-DC7565BC650B.jpeg

Very nice picture of them at the festival. Mitch looks like he lost a bit of weight. And a Scottish festival sounds like fun!

• Love 5

What's the matter with these idiots?  Have they no common sense when it comes to shilling advertising their wares?  

If you are trying to sell jewelry, for the love of all that is holy, take a close up!  If she had only her head and shoulders in that shot you could have seen the necklace and earrings.  As it is, they are hardly prompting me to purchase since I can barely make them out.

Sigh. I had such hopes for Aspyn.  Disappointed yet again.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
33 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

What's the matter with these idiots?  Have they no common sense when it comes to shilling advertising their wares?  

If you are trying to sell jewelry, for the love of all that is holy, take a close up!  If she had only her head and shoulders in that shot you could have seen the necklace and earrings.  As it is, they are hardly prompting me to purchase since I can barely make them out.

Sigh. I had such hopes for Aspyn.  Disappointed yet again.

On the bright side, she’s actually an employee!

Using the same picture, she needs to either wear her hair up, or hold it back more. At least it’s clean!

2F9A359C-E8E1-4629-B4C5-0DEE41CAFE17.jpeg

• Love 12

And they all use "living my best life" to shill whatever crap they are selling, everything from polyester sausage casings, to green sludge, joory, and contact paper nails.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

Sad that MLM's are what they consider the "best life".  Not a real job with a regular salary and benefits where you show up every day.  Just hand to mouth, jump from shill to shill for a whole lifetime.

• Love 7
47 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Is Kendra Scott actually an MLM? I thought she was working in a retail store.

Kendra Scott is real, brick and mortar jewelry and accessories store. So aside from the not-very-helpful picture, Aspyn gets it right this time, lol.

• Love 12
(edited)

Yeah, but shouldn't she be seeking employment in her chosen major? 

This probably won't be a popular comment, but personally I find Aspyn kind of boring. She's the prettiest of the Brown girls, but she's just an average girl who married an average guy. Nice enough I suppose but just boring. 

The powers that be are trying to make them less boring by speculating whether they're going to take additional wives. I really don't think they are. They just can't say an out and out NO because they gotta keep that as a plot device. Just like they brought it up with Tokeltip when we know those two just want to sit in front of the TV and play video games when they aren't selfie-ing.

Tony is just growing himself like a mushroom.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Yeah, but shouldn't she be seeking employment in her chosen major? 

This probably won't be a popular comment, but personally I find Aspyn kind of boring. She's the prettiest of the Brown girls, but she's just an average girl who married an average guy. Nice enough I suppose but just boring. 

The powers that be are trying to make them less boring by speculating whether they're going to take additional wives. I really don't think they are. They just can't say an out and out NO because they gotta keep that as a plot device. Just like they brought it up with Tokeltip when we know those two just want to sit in front of the TV and play video games when they aren't selfie-ing.

Tony is just growing himself like a mushroom.

She may be looking and not having any luck. It's unfortunate, but a lot of people find after college that getting a job in their chosen field is not always easy. 

I agree, Aspyn is sweet but as a tv personality, she's a bit bland. The plyg speculation is just to keep things somewhat interesting. I honestly wouldn't put it past TPTB to fabricate a possible second wife scenario. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

She may be looking and not having any luck. It's unfortunate, but a lot of people find after college that getting a job in their chosen field is not always easy. 

I agree, Aspyn is sweet but as a tv personality, she's a bit bland. The plyg speculation is just to keep things somewhat interesting. I honestly wouldn't put it past TPTB to fabricate a possible second wife scenario. 

True, she might not have found anything else.  But any work experience is better than none.  I worked in a factory and we have had several people over the years start as plant floor workers and were able to work into a internship/part time work while they are attending college.  Even getting tuition covered in exchange for X amount of years usually 4.  Which give them even more work experience with more responsibilities.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

ALL of the kids/offspring, as long as they are on TV, when they get married/engaged are going to be subjected to this question - "so will you be adding more wives?" Just like every season the Fifth Wife question gets dragged out in the silliest ways. Incidentally I don't think that Kody will ever get a fifth wife. I don't think he's interested. But he can't rule it out completely because the producers want the question to be out there. 

Maybe that's one of the reasons that Logan and his fiancee opted out of having a TLC wedding and appear to be opting out of TLC altogether. GOOD FOR THEM. 

• Love 10
(edited)
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

E1C2A5A5-E916-482B-865B-6615B32EF209.jpeg

This photo was taken at Lagoon, Utah's only amusement park, which is 20 minutes north of Salt Lake. Christine and her dotters were there also, according to a couple posts on Mitch's IG.

We used to go there every year but quit when the tickets got too expensive. Prices currently are $65 for adults and $48 for kids under 48" tall.

I guess the upside to not paying your property tax is that you have lots of play money - must be nice. 

The Celtic Festival admission for adults is $20/one day and $30/two days. So I will approve of that, LOL. 

(The cool thing about Lagoon is that you can bring in coolers full of food and beverages and stash them on tables with benches in wooden pavilions near grassy areas. Most Utahns are incredibly honest - in all the years we went to Lagoon, no one ever disturbed or stole the towels, food, blankets and pillows we stashed in the morning for our all-day/all-night use). 

Edited by suomi
  • Love 11
(edited)

Well, it's a fine picture but if the point is to sell jewelry, this is another fail.  You can't see any details at all.  

Looks like she's another one that needs a bra fitting.  Maybe it's the way the belt is tied but she looks pretty "saggy" for someone so young.

Edited by Kohola3
Great minds, @jojo3couleurs. I didn't see your posting before I made mine!
  • Love 7