Type keyword(s) to search

Aspyn Brown: She Has The Man, But May Eventually Get "The Family"

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 3/5/2019 at 3:56 PM, deirdra said:

Is Mitch Thomspson related to AUB-leader Lynn Thompson?

Yes, Mitch is Lynn Thompson's grandson. I know last year that I said that Mitch was his son, but I learned that Mitch is actually Lynn's grandson.

He's also Rosemary William's (from My Five Wives) nephew.

Brother of Vanessa Alldredge - which I'm sure everyone knows.

He might be kin to Auralee Briney, as her maiden name is Thompson.

Now here's where there are some twists and turns in this family...

Two of Lynn's wives are Allreds: Donna Beth Allred Jessop and Rhoda Mills Allred, Christine's great-aunt and half aunt respectively.

Rhoda Mills Allred is the half-sister of Christine's grandfather Rulon Allred.

Donna Beth Allred Jessop is the daughter of Joseph Lyman Jessop and Beth Allred.

Interestingly enough, Joseph Lyman Jessop is the great-grandfather of Paulie Williams (My Five Wives), and she (Paulie) is a cousin of her sister-wife Rosemary Williams.

It's possible that Mitch and Aspyn might  be cousins.

Even though Mitch's parents weren't polygamists, from what I had read, they still attended the AUB church. Maybe Papa Thompson brought them, maybe Hannah protested it, I don't know. But Aspyn said that it was in that church where she and Mitch met. It could have been that community that led some of Mitch's siblings into living the polygamist lifestyle.

Mitch's sister is married to the son of Jeff and Cynthia Alldredge.

Mitch's brother is married to Jeff and Cynthia's daughter, and to a girl from the Jessop clan.

Edited by giaNtsandYankees
Made some corrections; had my info mixed up.
  • Useful 12
  • Love 4
On 3/10/2019 at 1:38 PM, Sandy W said:

EDIT:  I didn't catch it, but someone else said that Aspyn just as softly responded "your help won't be needed"  Did anyone else catch that?

No, I didn't but that is hilarious if it happened.  I was hoping Meri was just being kind but sounds like Mariah and her plans were the ulterior motive.  disappointing. 

• Love 5

Six people seeing the MJ Cirque de Soleil show.  Minimum of $450 (cheapest seats are $75). 

I wish my budget was as stretchable as theirs.  Two mortgage payments, no job.  How DOES Christine do it?  (Unless the kids bought the tickets out of their wedding gift money.   Which I doubt, because the wedding was 9 months ago - they've probably long since spent that!)

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Six people seeing the MJ Cirque de Soleil show.  Minimum of $450 (cheapest seats are $75). 

I wish my budget was as stretchable as theirs.  Two mortgage payments, no job.  How DOES Christine do it?  (Unless the kids bought the tickets out of their wedding gift money.   Which I doubt, because the wedding was 9 months ago - they've probably long since spent that!)

Plus, a 500 mile round trip Flagstaff-LV, so no doubt hotel accommodations and meals. 

Must be nice, I'm trying to think of something outrageous I could do to spark up my mundane life so maybe I too could become a TeeVee star.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I wonder if we could pitch a show to TLC of a group of people who became friends after meeting on a snarky discussion board.

And we can solve crimes.  I bet the Hallmark channel would snap it up in a second!😄😄😄😄

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Plus, a 500 mile round trip Flagstaff-LV, so no doubt hotel accommodations and meals. 

Must be nice, I'm trying to think of something outrageous I could do to spark up my mundane life so maybe I too could become a TeeVee star.

Think there's any chance that they brought along a bunch of air mattresses and slept on the floor at one of the LV Homes? 

I know.. Silly question but the visual made me giggle. 😀

• LOL 5
20 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Think there's any chance that they brought along a bunch of air mattresses and slept on the floor at one of the LV Homes? 

I know.. Silly question but the visual made me giggle. 😀

I think Christine left her home semi-staged, so it's possible there were beds left.  If they did decide to crash there, I hope they let the realtor know, so he wouldn't walk into an unexpected surprise with clients.

Edit: I just checked Christine's listing, the house is stripped bare, no beds there.

Edited by Sandy W
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I think Christine left her home semi-staged, so it's possible there were beds left.  If they did decide to crash there, I hope they let the realtor know, so he wouldn't walk into an unexpected surprise with clients.

I didn't know that... Well maybe they did crash at Christine's for the night.  

Sure a lot cheaper than hotel rooms for everyone..

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I didn't know that... Well maybe they did crash at Christine's for the night.  

Sure a lot cheaper than hotel rooms for everyone..

When have they EVER been economical - at least that we have seen!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Doesn’t Aspyn live in Vegas? This makes it sound like she does.

I think Aspyn has a year or more left at UNLV, looks like she and Mitch have an apartment there.  He stayed with Maddie and Caleb before the wedding (and their move to NC).

• Love 3

Oh, geez, another scheme-player. 

Don't any of them think a normal job is a good way to make  money?  Gah, what a lazy ass group.  Another generation of grifters is launched.

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Don't any of them think a normal job is a good way to make  money?  Gah, what a lazy ass group.  Another generation of grifters is launched.

It's so disgusting how all they want to do is capitalize off of their quasi-fame from the reality show.  

• Love 12
30 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

It's so disgusting how all they want to do is capitalize off of their quasi-fame from the reality show.  

Guess she figures she should start her MLM career while they are still on TV so she'll fit in better with her sister wives once Mitch starts adding them on.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
On 3/22/2019 at 6:03 PM, giaNtsandYankees said:

Donna Beth Allred Jessop is the daughter of Joseph Lyman Jessop and Beth Allred.

Interestingly enough, Joseph Lyman Jessop is the great-grandfather of Paulie Williams (My Five Wives), and she (Paulie) is a cousin of her sister-wife Rosemary Williams.

Are any of these Jessops related to David Preston Jessop, non-magical bio-dad of Day'un, Aurora & Breanna?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

So I was thinking about this.  it would really suck to be a friend of the family.  They would hit you up for money constantly.  Support Strive!  Buy Lularoe.. and more Lularoe... sale on Lularoe... new Lularoe in stock..... and fake nails... and this... and that.... because you KNOW they hit up friends and family for sales.  They probably nickel and dime their friends to death and don't even give it a thought.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Jessop family tree.  Just follow the thread to find out.

yarn.jpg

Okay I don't know but I have to ask... Don't any of these people worry about health issues from all the inbreeding?

The Brown's have kids with various mood problems and other issues... Does it ever occur to them that marrying your cousin or whatever the hell they're doing might be a problem?  🤔

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Don't any of these people worry about health issues from all the inbreeding?

God "calls" to these loonies with all kinds of cockamamie crap.  I'm sure they think he'll take care of it all.

As my sainted mother used to say - common sense is not that common.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

Okay I don't know but I have to ask... Don't any of these people worry about health issues from all the inbreeding?

The Brown's have kids with various mood problems and other issues... Does it ever occur to them that marrying your cousin or whatever the hell they're doing might be a problem?  🤔

On the other show about escaping polygamy they frequently talk about girls having to marry half uncles.  They really believe that their genes are so pure that inbreeding is not a problem.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, ginger90 said:

2D354D9A-383F-4E08-AD89-F3350C57C672.jpeg

E58E0DC1-993B-41DA-8841-998AF4462367.jpeg

I generally don’t mind the Browns shilling their shit.  I may laugh at their attempts at doing it because none of them seem particularly good at it. 85 hashtags that are hard to read and don’t make much sense. Like it or not trying to become an “influencer” on social media is a “career” for a lot of people now.  However, my problem comes when they start promoting things that may be harmful to you.  This detox tea is it safe? The lulunono leggings, will the subpoenas drop before or after my first shipment.  I get the family may not be famous enough for a lot of well known legit items but really think they should have a modicum of decency when choosing which items to promote since they do have a decent sized audience, although I’m still unsure of the number of people in the audience that like them vs. the number that find them to be a family full of grifters and losers. 

On a side note, I was looking at what “legitimate” products that the Browns offer (no laughing), I saw the health coaching appointment with Janelle for $35.  Now I would say it could be legitimate if you took out the words “health coaching” and just said an appointment with Janelle.  She could give advice on camping, fishing or how to live in a tent long term.  Im unsure of what real health tips she might give since despite being health coach certified she’s feeding a baby a can of sodium filled cabbage.  Sadly, I think the B&B might be the most legitimate thing they offer, but I’m not really familiar with it, but i am under the notion that there is an actual building, you could give them x amount of money and they would let you sleep there and then feed you breakfast in the morning.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

On the other show about escaping polygamy they frequently talk about girls having to marry half uncles.  They really believe that their genes are so pure that inbreeding is not a problem.

A lot of the babies die from a variety of issues related to this inbreeding.

10 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

There are so few that see the connection and are not brainwashed cult members.  It's sad and scary.  It must take a lot of courage to leave some of the stricter sects.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Quickbeam said:

Not just in this case; the Amish have a very high rate of genetic disorders. 

I didn't know that about the Amish!  I do know they have a lot of sexual abuse in the community.  Well I shouldn't say "a lot" - but it does happen and they look the other way instead of defending the girls!  😞

• Love 1

I’ve read that wide set eyes, like very wide set eyes, can be a consequence of inbreeding. My mother has beautiful wide set eyes like Jackie Kennedy, so I have nothing against them, but, uh, we might know of some Browns with very wide set eyes. 

I couldn’t find that information again on the Internet right now, but I did find this, which I thought was interesting.

8D3A85D9-CA62-4DB5-AE76-1D233D509C1E.jpeg

• Useful 4
2 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I generally don’t mind the Browns shilling their shit.  I may laugh at their attempts at doing it because none of them seem particularly good at it. 85 hashtags that are hard to read and don’t make much sense. Like it or not trying to become an “influencer” on social media is a “career” for a lot of people now.  However, my problem comes when they start promoting things that may be harmful to you.  This detox tea is it safe? The lulunono leggings, will the subpoenas drop before or after my first shipment.  I get the family may not be famous enough for a lot of well known legit items but really think they should have a modicum of decency when choosing which items to promote since they do have a decent sized audience, although I’m still unsure of the number of people in the audience that like them vs. the number that find them to be a family full of grifters and losers. 

On a side note, I was looking at what “legitimate” products that the Browns offer (no laughing), I saw the health coaching appointment with Janelle for $35.  Now I would say it could be legitimate if you took out the words “health coaching” and just said an appointment with Janelle.  She could give advice on camping, fishing or how to live in a tent long term.  Im unsure of what real health tips she might give since despite being health coach certified she’s feeding a baby a can of sodium filled cabbage.  

I agree about the "detox" tea.  It's probably just a bunch of semi-toxic chemicals that promotes "weight loss" by causing you to have diarrhea for several days.

As for the appointment with Janelle she has offered a LOT of useful advice:

1.  Breathe

2.  Drink Water

3.  Go Outside

4.  Eat Vegetables

How can you POSSIBLY think a session with her wouldn't yield MORE useful information.  I bet she might even tell you that Fritos are considered a treat - not a food group!

• LOL 10
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

I agree about the "detox" tea.  It's probably just a bunch of semi-toxic chemicals that promotes "weight loss" by causing you to have diarrhea for several days.

I took a quick look at the ingredients and for the night time tea I noted senna (laxative) and valerian (sleep aid but can cause issues).  Definitely something my doctors would tell me to avoid completely.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Kyanight said:

The FLDS in Short Crick have a big baby cemetery. Lots of unmarked graves. They also have a specific genetic issue due to inbreeding. What the Kingstons demand (marrying uncles, half-sisters and first cousins) has created a bunch of issues too.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Quickbeam said:

Not just in this case; the Amish have a very high rate of genetic disorders. 

There is an extremely high rate of deafness and hearing problems among the Amish due to genetic isolation.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, deirdra said:

Are any of these Jessops related to David Preston Jessop, non-magical bio-dad of Day'un, Aurora & Breanna?

I am going to look into it when I get some free time, but I'm sure there is a good chance that the "Purity Stealer" David Preston Jessop is related to Donna Beth Allred Jessop and Joseph Lyman Jessop.

Joseph Lyman Jessop is the great-grandfather of Paulie Williams as mentioned before, Paulie is a first or second cousin to David Preston Jessop, so he may be a descendant of the former. 

Since Paulie and her four sister wives are cousins, they are all related to David Preston Jessop, he's either first or second cousin to all of them. He's definitely not third or distant.

14 hours ago, deirdra said:

Good one.  I think there is a Jessop on every polygamy show on tee vee.

There's a good chance that there is.

We have them on Sister Wives, with Robyn's children being Jessops. Even though they are legally Browns, no creepy drawing will change the fact that they have Jessop blood in their veins.

We also have the cameos of Mindy Jessop, Robin's niece (and interestingly enough, David Preston's second cousin).

Christine is also a descendant of a Jessop and a LeBaron. So she definitely is Polygamist Royalty. She and David are first cousins through her father, Rex Allred.

In My Fives Wives we have maybe two or three of the five wives who's maiden names are Jessop. And the oldest Williams' daughter is married to Jake Jessop.

In Polygamy USA/Centennial Park group (which would make sense, since they broke away from the FLDS which has plenty of Jessops), we have quite a few folks that are either Jessops or a descendant of a Jessop. Michael "Creepy" Cawley's grandmother was a Jessop. 

Isaiah "Thompson" Barlow is a descendant of a Jessop and interestingly enough, a Kingston. 

I'm not sure about anyone from Escaping Polygamy though. But you never know.

Is there any other shows that I am missing?

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
15 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

True. Frighteningly and sickeningly enough, it's much deeper than that. The men marry their half-sisters, cousins and nieces. They believe that they are descendants of Jesus so they inbreed "to keep the blood in the family." 

I'm queezy just writing this shit down.

• Love 3

Wowza.  My head is spinning.  

I remember Big Love's Adaleen explaining to a youngster, her convoluted family history.  IIRC, Adaleen said something like, she became her own grandmother when she or another relative married someone (?)  

Too bad Aspyn's on the grifter train, too.  

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

On a side note, I was looking at what “legitimate” products that the Browns offer (no laughing), I saw the health coaching appointment with Janelle for $35.  Now I would say it could be legitimate if you took out the words “health coaching” and just said an appointment with Janelle.  She could give advice on camping, fishing or how to live in a tent long term.  Im unsure of what real health tips she might give since despite being health coach certified she’s feeding a baby a can of sodium filled cabbage.  Sadly, I think the B&B might be the most legitimate thing they offer, but I’m not really familiar with it, but i am under the notion that there is an actual building, you could give them x amount of money and they would let you sleep there and then feed you breakfast in the morning.

This such a good point and needs repeating.

They really should give more thought to what they promote because it may not be beneficial to everyone and in fact may be harmful.

A few years back I was watching an interview show with an actual celebrity "Cher".... someone in the audience commented on how lovely her skin looked and asked if she took any vitamins or supplements... She said yes that she takes vitamins and also a supplement for hair, nails etc... Another audience member immediately asked for the type, brand and amount etc of what she takes and she quickly pointed out that because of her celebrity she doesn't like to promote any particular brand plus you should really check with your doctor before taking anything and it could be harmful even if it comes from a Health Food store.

I'm pretty sure Cher doesn't look as great as she does simply from supplements but at least she wasn't careless enough to say... "Oh ya I take xyz amounts of this and 2000MG of that"

Aspyn is a healthy young woman and could probably take a lot of different things without any  side effects but someone older or someone with health issues like high blood pressure etc could have serious problems guzzling her Detox tea. 🙄

• Love 12
(edited)
On 4/9/2019 at 6:55 PM, deirdra said:

Okay, Joseph Lyman Jessop is indeed the grandfather of David Preston Jessop. 

Edited to add: David's parents are Louis LeMar Jessop and Mary Diane Allred (who is the half-brother of Christine's father Rex Allred). I guess ol' David Sr. also has some double polygamous royalty blood as well.

Quite a few tangles within the Jessops and the Allreds it seems...

More to come...

Or maybe I'll consider beginning a blog similar to PoliticsPrinciple...

• Useful 3
  • Love 8

So when Robyn joined the Brown family, would Christine have been all, "oh hey yeah, you were married to my half-cousin David!" or some such nonsense?  Or is the Allred/Jessop dynasty so huge and wide that Christine might have never even known that she is related to Robyn's ex?

Is it just kind of implied in plyg families that when you marry, chances are you're marrying a distant relative?  Do they go in knowing that, or do they do the research to figure it out?

• Love 5
On 4/10/2019 at 7:33 AM, Irate Panda said:

Janelle can partner up with Meri and offer Strive Workshops at the B&B, with breathing workshops, vegetables, and other rockstar health tips.  On a serious note, I think Janelle fans would pay up.

• LOL 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

So when Robyn joined the Brown family, would Christine have been all, "oh hey yeah, you were married to my half-cousin David!" or some such nonsense?  Or is the Allred/Jessop dynasty so huge and wide that Christine might have never even known that she is related to Robyn's ex?

Is it just kind of implied in plyg families that when you marry, chances are you're marrying a distant relative?  Do they go in knowing that, or do they do the research to figure it out?

That's a good question. I know if I were brought up in those polygamist communities, I would be doing research to find out who is family. I wonder if anyone in the AUB does.

Many of the Kingstons (the men mainly) don't because that's what they're known for - keeping their bloodline "pure." *Bleech!*

It wouldn't surprise me if the FLDS doesn't, because it's well known that there has been a lot of cousin marriages (yes, between first cousins) that had taken place there. Especially with there being many cases of Fumarase Deficiency which is considered to be a rare condition.

I wonder if the AUB does research or any of the other sects or the Indie Fundamentalists.

Marlene and (her husband) Isaiah "Thompson" Barlow of Centennial Park/Polygamy USA are first cousins, but they were Indie Fundamentalists prior to joining the community. I assumed that they were AUB because Marlene is related to a few people in the AUB, one of them being Christine who is Marlene's second cousin. Isaiah is related to all three Darger wives, and is also related to Joe Darger.

Christine and Kody are third cousins through an Allred. I do wonder if they knew or didn't know. If they didn't I wonder how not considering Kody's grandmother is an Allred (Daisy Josephine).

We have the oldest Williams' daughter (My Five Wives) Karlie Williams who is married to Jake Jessop who is her triple-cousin through a few Jessops (Joseph Lyman and Richard) and an Allred (William Moore Allred). I'm wondering if she knew or didn't know considering all of her "mom's" are cousins and two or three of them have the maiden name of Jessop. On a random note - I believe that Paulie's (Karlie's mother) maiden name was Watt.

From what I've read and seen on a Canadian documentary regarding Winston Blackmore's group, there are a lot of knots within their family wreath.  But when you have a population of about 1,000 that are descended from only half a dozen men, and Winston himself having about 150 children, it's probably inevitable.

Winston is related to quite a few Jessops, and his daughter Sally Blackmore is married to a Jessop.

It does make you wonder if they do any research to see if they are marrying a near or distant relative. In some cases, it doesn't seem that way. But I wouldn't know.

Added some info.
  • Useful 8
  • Love 1

I was talking with a lady in a waiting room; rather, she was talking at me and seemed happy to have an audience. In any case, she was saying in her community oftentimes the fathers and fathers’ families are not involved with the kids. This became problematic when, as teenagers, the kids would be sneaking around and would then unknowingly be dating a half-sibling or other close relative. I have no idea if this a prevalent issue or was just on her mind at the time. 

A few years ago I heard of a story where, unknowingly, what ended up being a brother and sister married each other. Maybe had a child, I don’t remember. After the fact they learned they were brother and sister and they were left wondering what to do. Awkward! I tried to find the story on the internet and apparently there are many such stories. 

I’m going to hazard a guess that the Browns, et al, if they even bother to know they are related, they don’t care. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I was talking with a lady in a waiting room; rather, she was talking at me and seemed happy to have an audience. In any case, she was saying in her community oftentimes the fathers and fathers’ families are not involved with the kids. This became problematic when, as teenagers, the kids would be sneaking around and would then unknowingly be dating a half-sibling or other close relative. I have no idea if this a prevalent issue or was just on her mind at the time. 

A few years ago I heard of a story where, unknowingly, what ended up being a brother and sister married each other. Maybe had a child, I don’t remember. After the fact they learned they were brother and sister and they were left wondering what to do. Awkward! I tried to find the story on the internet and apparently there are many such stories. 

I’m going to hazard a guess that the Browns, et al, if they even bother to know they are related, they don’t care. 

The LDS Church keeps meticulous genealogy records and willingly share them with anyone, whether adherents to their faith or not.  My guess would be that the information on bloodlines is available to them but they don't care as the pool of marriage candidates is limited and they overlook potential cross-overs. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
On 4/9/2019 at 9:51 PM, DaphneCat said:

Thus illustrating that their intelligence is already affected. (Eyeroll)

About all the MLM schemes, I think the goal with all of these folks is to be self-employed and not at the mercy of prejudiced employers. It’s a shame that this next generation aren’t taking their college educations and creating genuine, stable small businesses. Or one family business that could survive for many years. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Thus illustrating that their intelligence is already affected. (Eyeroll)

About all the MLM schemes, I think the goal with all of these folks is to be self-employed and not at the mercy of prejudiced employers. It’s a shame that this next generation aren’t taking their college educations and creating genuine, stable small businesses. Or one family business that could survive for many years. 

It is my belief that MOST employers care more about your productivity, your personality, your work ethics and honesty than they do if you go home to one wife or several.   A man can have one wife and have a nasty turbulent home life that flows over into the work place and a polygamist can have a fairly harmonious family life that is never spoken of away from the household.   People have said on this board many times that the Browns see persecution where there is none, and that is most certainly the truth.  Of course there are biases and prejudices and unkind remarks and stares and comments - but that isn't the norm.  Once Flagstaff all gets over the buzz of the Brown clan, people will simply not CARE unless that is one of their personal pet peeves.  I don't believe there is any reason the Browns could not get a real job.  "Fans" are not going to mob the business for a chance to touch their arm hairs.

Edited by Kyanight
  • Love 10
24 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

When I started reading your post I thought OMG I am reading something by Dominick Dunne!

(That is a compliment). 😉

• LOL 3
  • Love 3