Type keyword(s) to search

Aspyn Brown: She Has The Man, But May Eventually Get "The Family"

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I'm against it personally, not being short on time to shop and select "the freshest."  The wasteful packaging alone is enough of a turnoff.  Add in the cost, and it's not for me at all.  Sandy, you've given examples where it might be helpful to a limited number of people.  I too am sorry to see Aspyn shilling stuff for a buck, especially since she has a job, unlike many Brown fambly members.  I do like the picture she used, she's pretty and makes the food attractive, unlike woke Mariah who can't make food look appetizing to save her life.

From what I've seen they have ice packs in them to help keep them cold.

Great for people with money to spend at least $200 a month.

• Useful 3
6 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I don't get this whole meal delivery service concept.  I could understand it for someone handicapped and unable to get out to shop or someone lacking transportation to a grocery store and can't face the idea of lugging groceries home on public transit.

Aspyn is employed and no doubt passes grocery stores on her way home from work, wouldn't her produce and meats be much "fresher" if they were kept in refrigerated cases until she bought them and took them home rather than sitting on a porch all day, either cooking themselves in the hot sun or freezing in the winter months.  Even if the cardboard boxes have layers of insulation, adding to the cost, I can just imagine meat after sitting all day at 90 degrees or produce after it has frozen solid in the winter.

I'm sorry to see that Aspyn has fallen into the Brown credo of easy money to supplement her family income.

Hello Fresh is very cool. You get to expand your menus without having to invest in expensive ingredients. All that is needed is included in the boxes and the boxes come with explicit directions. The outcome is so delish. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

I guess Aspyn doesn't mind using a skillet!  We were given some Blue Apron meals.  Very tasty, but any recipe that starts with "heat a tablespoon of oil in a skillet" usually gets pitched by me, even though Mr. lookeyloo cleans up.  they are good for people with $$ and/or limited time who don't like to/have time to shop in order to get varied meals and instead of stopping for fast food or ordering pizza.  Lots of folks are tired when they get home and don't have the energy or motivation to start thinking about what to cook and maybe weekends aren't conducive to thinking of/shopping/dicing/prepping meals for the week.  As long as I'm not paying for hers...

• Love 2

Think of the fossil fuels used to truck around and deliver daily meals.  One trip to the grocery store to buy ingredients for a meal is a tiny fraction of what a truck empties into the atmosphere going door to door and idling in the street as the driver runs to the door.  

Not to mention the amount of packaging that ends up in landfills including those non-recyclable cooling packs.

I have no patience for that kind of crap.

Edited by Kohola3
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, neh said:

Hello Fresh is very cool. You get to expand your menus without having to invest in expensive ingredients. All that is needed is included in the boxes and the boxes come with explicit directions. The outcome is so delish. 

The dishes my sister made looked great and tasted delicious. 

I'd consider using one of these services once in awhile. It would be fun to do on a date night - picking a delicious meal to cook as a couple without having to dash around buying ingredients. But all the time, no.

But I sure as hell wouldn't use any Brown promo codes. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I don't get this whole meal delivery service concept.  I could understand it for someone handicapped and unable to get out to shop or someone lacking transportation to a grocery store and can't face the idea of lugging groceries home on public transit.

I am a widow, living alone, none of these "meal services" would work for me as it is basically too much food. Plus, I am particular, I want to choose my own food. I wouldn't use Walmart or Target online food shopping for food either for the same reason.

• Love 10
15 hours ago, Sandy W said:

It's great for non-foodies who don't have a stocked larder but want to pretend to be foodies and have the money to burn for it.  Or people too busy or lazy to invest in shopping for food but are home every night and want something to force them to cook a fresh healthy meal.  I am a home cook and this for me would feel like an artist might feel with a "color between the lines" coloring book.  It's too confining, and for me too expensive.  The trouble for me is that even when I was too busy to shop I was often not home in the evenings so it wouldn't have been feasible for me.  When I was on Jenny Craig 15 years ago I often couldn't keep up with the meals and my freezer was bursting with entrees after a month.  Mr. Yeah No and I are in and out a lot even now, or have projects going on some days that would make cooking a "gourmet meal" (even if it is all measured out) an extra hassle.  And not to mention that I'm often solo in the evenings due to his business.  And even I'm not always in the mood or up to cooking.  Whose life is THAT predictable?  I guess Aspyn's is, but that I can believe.

• Love 7
On 7/30/2019 at 12:06 AM, suomi said:

That suit is incredibly unflattering - the top of the bandeau is well below her armpit and the bottom of the bandeau is at her elbow.

A better look would be a one-piece with a built-in bra and shoulder straps. 

1646903692_MiraclesuitEscapePlum8-1.thumb.jpg.532b072ce63a81a81ad414f4ee4bce18.jpg298783830_MiraclesuitMaderoMidnightBlue1.thumb.jpeg.0d92517d4effb906c28bad259da6692a.jpeg906394270_MiraclesuitKnitPickTemptressBlackReg1.thumb.png.14b84a15428b29e468ee3c9dcb2dbdee.png

They don't call it the "Miraclesuit" for nothin'!

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 6
On 9/25/2019 at 6:41 AM, ginger90 said:

All that waste so one can be lazy.  That packaging is going in the garbage and makes me want to go hug a tree.   I think this families footprint is large enough without this.I  can see this sort of thing if one travels for work and is never home but wants to cook a meal.  She prob has what amounts to MAYBE $20 worth of groceries and this cost how much?  These people are so effed in the future.  Shopping/cooking/planning is a skill that is apparently not being taught or valued. 

• Love 6

I really like Hello Fresh. I get to experiment with different flavors and cooking techniques without investing in full size products that I may only use a couple of times. The ingredients are high quality and the packaging can be repurposed or recycled. (Repurposed in that I have donated the packaging to our food pantry for the homeless.)

All that being said, on principal I would never buy something based on any recommendation from anyone in the Brown family.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
On 9/25/2019 at 10:56 AM, DakotaJustice said:

My sister has used Blue Apron in the past and enjoys it, she has a renter in her inlaw apartment and they split the cost. She works 18 hour days and doesn't always have time to shop. 

I know several people who have used Blue Apron.  I think they ordered 2-4 meals a week.  One was a retired woman whose husband had alzheimer's, and she didn't have the energy to cook nightly.   And our daughter and SIL used it when they were working on their dissertations in grad school.  The dinners were a little fancier than they would have cooked at home for themselves, but they were considerably cheaper than eating out at a decent restaurant and they don't like fast food.  All three of these people are foodies, and now have time to cook their own meals again and the $$ for a fancy dinner fairly often.   There are several people in my neighborhood who cook and will send a text or email with their weekly menu in it.  If something sounds good, I can call them with an order.   My daughter and SIL now live in a fancy smancy apartment over a grocery store so they shop daily. 

I don't know that Aspen is all that heavy; she does seem to have a pear shape and heavier legs, but that bathing suit is not for her.  

On 9/26/2019 at 1:20 AM, Yeah No said:

They don't call it the "Miraclesuit" for nothin'!

Any of the three you posted would look so much better on her.   Except for the bathing suit failure,  she does look 100x better than Mykelti, Meri, Christine, and Mariah do in the pictures they post.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

All that waste so one can be lazy.  That packaging is going in the garbage and makes me want to go hug a tree.   I think this families footprint is large enough without this.I  can see this sort of thing if one travels for work and is never home but wants to cook a meal.  She prob has what amounts to MAYBE $20 worth of groceries and this cost how much?  These people are so effed in the future.  Shopping/cooking/planning is a skill that is apparently not being taught or valued. 

I agree about the wasteful packaging, as I posted about it too.  My guess is that the Browns don't recycle, either.  

I like to shop and pick out my own produce, so I don't even use the delivery or parking lot pickups that are being offered now.  Those services are useful for working people or those with small kids, neither of which apply to me.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

I like to shop and pick out my own produce, so I don't even use the delivery or parking lot pickups that are being offered now.  Those services are useful for working people or those with small kids, neither of which apply to me.  

I confess to trying the parking lot pickup once but for a solid reason. I volunteer at hospice and I wanted to be able to speak knowledgeably about it to the families.  I also live in a county with the second highest median age in my state so it's a boon for the elderly as well.

Personally, I shop for myself and am sad to see the end of the season roll around for our farm market.  Back to the produce section at the grocery store.  Sigh.

• Love 11
15 hours ago, neh said:

I really like Hello Fresh. I get to experiment with different flavors and cooking techniques without investing in full size products that I may only use a couple of times. The ingredients are high quality and the packaging can be repurposed or recycled. (Repurposed in that I have donated the packaging to our food pantry for the homeless.)

I try not to make recipes that involve ingredients I may want to use once in a blue moon.  I pick cuisines I go back to often that tend to use the same ingredients over and over again, like Mexican, Italian, and Asian, which allows me to use those full size products frequently.  It involves some planning, strategy and forethought, but since I don't work anymore I have the time for that.  When I was working Hello Fresh would have seemed like a great idea for those nights when I felt like cooking.  I was spoiled on having a GREAT subsidized company cafeteria and often took entrees home for us to have for dinner.  Man, I miss some of that food....

• Love 8

I don’t know, I really don’t mind them shilling things that are actual products and dont harm you.  I mean as long as it’s not a pyramid scheme, or a product that’s going to make you sick or need an attorney, I can see why they try and make some extra money.  I mean it seems like a waste of money, but I prefer it over legging rags, contact paper for nails, and whatever Janelle is suppose to be doing with Strive.   

BTW what does Aspyn’s husband do for a living?

• Love 9

I think Mitch works for his family's construction business.  Not sure if he is an apprenticed tradesman within the construction industry, but he did exhibit some carpentry skills when he banged together some props for their wedding.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I don’t know, I really don’t mind them shilling things that are actual products and dont harm you.  I mean as long as it’s not a pyramid scheme, or a product that’s going to make you sick or need an attorney, I can see why they try and make some extra money.  I mean it seems like a waste of money, but I prefer it over legging rags, contact paper for nails, and whatever Janelle is suppose to be doing with Strive.   

I've seen some YouTube videos where people are preparing some of the Hello Fresh meals and they do look delicious.  Might have to hunt for the recipes online.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

We did Hello Fresh for a month or so and it was a pain in my behind.  Took wayyyy too long to cook.  Then we’d be too lazy to cook and the ingredients would rot in the fridge. And a lot of the dishes tasted exactly the same. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 4
On 9/29/2019 at 8:13 AM, xwordfanatik said:

I agree about the wasteful packaging, as I posted about it too.  My guess is that the Browns don't recycle, either.  

THAT is the biggest thing for me.  This past summer I had a heck of a time finding fresh fruit that wasn't overripe or a basket of strawberries without 1 or more moldy ones.  And we have strawberry farms within 40 miles either direction of us!   The only place believe it or not that had good stuff was Trader Joes.  I feel it is too much of a burden to these paid shoppers to be as picky as I want.  HA!

On 9/29/2019 at 12:49 PM, Irate Panda said:

I do as well!  But I am a COL so I have to have something to bitch about on the regular!  HA!  I like the notion of someone cooking actual food.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Gramto6 said:

I wish so much that there was a Trader Joes in my state!! MT is one of only 8 states that doesn't have a TJs. 😪

Yes but if the nearest one in the state is 3 hours away (like in MI) it doesn't help to have one anyway!

• Love 3

When I broke my ankle and was in a cast and crutches the first couple weeks I used the grocery delivery services, with mixed results. 

Safeway's in-house delivery was awful. There was little care taken in produce and meat selection - I ended up with salad kits that were dated "use by" that same day and catfish filets that had already begun to turn bad. (Safeway did refund me for those items however) 

Instacart was a much better experience. The items were selected with care and each time the shopper kept in contact with me via message to ensure that the correct items were purchased or I was ok with a substitute item.  Additionally the shopper brought my groceries into my kitchen and helped me put them away! I'd recommend Instacart anytime.

• Useful 7
8 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Yes but if the nearest one in the state is 3 hours away (like in MI) it doesn't help to have one anyway!

When we got our TJ in Grand Rapids, I went to the Grand Opening.  I have never seen so many smiling happy people trying to maneuver their carts down crowded aisles...it was like, We Finally Got Trader Joe's!  We need all the things!!  Excuse me while I reach for things that I didn't know I even needed until I stepped foot inside this store!!  Woo-hoo! 😍

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
On 7/29/2019 at 10:30 PM, suomi said:

I was surprised how she looks in this. Because I don't see her as large, usually. I agree with y'all that it's a bad suit for her.  I'm not sure she has saggy boobs, but just the lower set and pendulous type, maybe? Because I had big boobs when I was teen and was not fat, but they sadly were never "perky"    I think sometimes its just genetics.  But anyway, I am catching up on Season 10 and think Aspyn and Ysabel are the prettiest of Kody's girls.  Watched season one epi 1 today and it was fun to see how they have all changed and not changed in some ways. 

On 10/2/2019 at 5:15 AM, laurakaye said:

When we got our TJ in Grand Rapids, I went to the Grand Opening.  I have never seen so many smiling happy people trying to maneuver their carts down crowded aisles...it was like, We Finally Got Trader Joe's!  We need all the things!!  Excuse me while I reach for things that I didn't know I even needed until I stepped foot inside this store!!  Woo-hoo! 😍

The Fearless Flyer is generally the one piece of junk mail I actually read. That said, it's available online! 

https://www.traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/article/5052

Love their seasonal items 👍

• Love 3

We got Blue Apron for a few months about 2 years ago and I loved it!  It's just my boyfriend and myself (our kids from previous marriages are all between 18-21).  I admit I'm tired come evening and can get a little lazy by the time 5pm rolls around.  I get up at 3am for work.  While I like to cook, I'm not super creative.  I liked not having to think of a menu every week and having the exact amount sent to me.  I don't care for leftovers, so it was helpful to cook just enough for the 2 of us.  I started Keto about a year ago, so we dropped the service.  But I'd definitely do it again. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Interestingly, I noticed last night that Aspyn has changed her Instagram account name to @mrsthompson061718 (I found it by searching Mitch's followers), and it is set to private. Her old account, aspynbrownthompson (which I followed) has disappeared. My first thought was could she be pregnant but hiding the reveal until after the new season begins?

Edited by Teafortwo
I goofed and put brown instead of thompson; now corrected
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

Interestingly, I noticed last night that Aspyn has changed her Instagram account name to Mrsbrown followed by her wedding date numbers (I found it by searching Mitch's followers but I forget the exact date), and it is set to private. Her old account, aspynbrownthompson (which I followed) has disappeared. My first thought was could she be pregnant but hiding the reveal until after the new season begins?

I wonder why she is Mrs. Brown? Shouldn't she be Mrs. Thompson?

Edited by Kohola3
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

Interestingly, I noticed last night that Aspyn has changed her Instagram account name to Mrsbrown followed by her wedding date numbers (I found it by searching Mitch's followers but I forget the exact date), and it is set to private. Her old account, aspynbrownthompson (which I followed) has disappeared. My first thought was could she be pregnant but hiding the reveal until after the new season begins?

That's interesting because she had a ton of followers. Perhaps her employer asked her to tone down the SM or maybe she's just OVER it. I know the feeling!

Good for Aspyn 👍

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Fosca said:

Maybe Mitch is working at getting another wife?  "Mrs. Brown" is an interesting choice, considering that's her maiden name and I don't think she was going by it before. 

my mistake; it's actually mrsthompson and then the numbers for the weddingk date all in a string @mrsthompson061718

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

my mistake; it's actually mrsthompson and then the numbers for the weddingk date all in a string @mrsthompson061718

Thank you! 

I say again - good for Aspyn choosing to be private, she strikes me as the quiet type. I know she was doing the nail MLM for awhile. Maybe she just got tired of the bullshit.

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:
3 hours ago, Fosca said:

my mistake; it's actually mrsthompson

Thank heavens. I was afraid that they had somehow sucked her into doing that to maintain her connection to the horde.  Run, girl, run.

• Love 5
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Canadian Girl said:

Does Aspyn ever post anything on social media? What's going on in her life? 

I know her Instagram is private. Her last post on Twitter was in 2019 

Her husband’s Instagram isn’t private, but his last post was June, 2020.

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 7
On 10/1/2019 at 8:33 PM, Gramto6 said:

I wish so much that there was a Trader Joes in my state!! MT is one of only 8 states that doesn't have a TJs. 😪

it could be worse, you could live in Canada where we don't have any of the great deals that are readily available in the USA

I look longingly at TJ's and buying anything online without paying $50 for delivery of a $10 item that has free delivery to anyone in the 50 states.. or amazing antique furniture at a fraction of the cost.. I could go on and on 😟

All of our major departments stores are closed and gone, no more Sears, Eatons, Woodwards or stores like Target, Zellers ALL GONE and we're very close to losing the Hudson Bay Company which is the last one left... no more Pier One and other home decor stores other than Urban Barn which is pathetic and a scaled down version of Pottery Barn with a very limited selection and prices through the roof.

A friend of mine who lives in Atlanta was whining about online shopping and I had to tell her to stop, she can order an 8oz jar of hand cream called Cutemol (which is the only thing that works for my hands) for $10 with free delivery meanwhile for me to get the exact same item from the cheapest source possible (Amazon) is $45 and $12 delivery... it's nuts and everything is like that.

• Love 4
(edited)

No Target??😮

Not trying to be sarcastic, but where do you shop for all the random food items and knick-knacky things for your house like candles, shower curtains, wine, more eyeshadow palettes than you can ever use in your lifetime, peanut butter trail mix, cute coffee cups.....(okay maybe some of those things are just me, lol).  

I do miss Sears.  It was just THE PLACE for everything when I was a kid - from shoes to washing machines to socket wrenches to candy....did anyone else's Sears have a candy counter?

And before I go completely off-topic reminiscing about the 1970's, I totally thought that Aspyn was pregnant when I saw her topic at the top.  I am impressed that she is keeping her life low-key.  I think a lot of Kody's kids learned what NOT to do based on the actions of their parents.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

No Target??😮

Not trying to be sarcastic, but where do you shop for all the random food items and knick-knacky things for your house like candles, shower curtains, wine, more eyeshadow palettes than you can ever use in your lifetime, peanut butter trail mix, cute coffee cups.....(okay maybe some of those things are just me, lol).  

I do miss Sears.  It was just THE PLACE for everything when I was a kid - from shoes to washing machines to socket wrenches to candy....did anyone else's Sears have a candy counter?

And before I go completely off-topic reminiscing about the 1970's, I totally thought that Aspyn was pregnant when I saw her topic at the top.  I am impressed that she is keeping her life low-key.  I think a lot of Kody's kids learned what NOT to do based on the actions of their parents.

Our Sears had a candy counter near the escalator. I loved the bridge mix. 

The whole store smelled like buttered popcorn...

• Love 11
6 hours ago, laurakaye said:

No Target??😮

The county where I grew up only had a very small showroom and everything was ordered and you would pick it up there.  They also were a green stamp place which was weird.  Anyway, I loved going there.  The showroom refridgerators all had fake food and there was a certain plastic smell I loved.  Maybe I was a weird kid!

• Love 7
6 hours ago, laurakaye said:

No Target??😮

We still have Walmart but much like the now defunct Canadian Target stores they don’t have the full selection of merchandise that you find at Walmart stores in the USA... as Dustbunny said between the lack of stores and the ridiculously high price of shipping when we shop online it’s a real problem 🙁

Back on topic I used to chat with a couple of ladies over on the FORT who lived in Vegas, they managed to mildly stalk the Browns and saw them in person on a couple different occasions.... they were both surprised to see how large they were... IIRC they saw a few of the adults (Kody and couple wives including Christine ) in a store and said they were shocked because they were taller and larger than they expected, they also saw some of the kids and I recall them saying Aspyn was a BiG girl... there’s a recent pic of Ysyabel and she’s towering over Christine and the thing is Christine isn’t a petite person so Ysyabel must be very tall etc to tower over Christine.

They said Robyn was the biggest shock because she was taller than Kody and  LARGE!....no wonder he toes the line she could probably kick his ass in a fight. 😂

I guess it shouldn’t have surprised me because in pictures the ladies are Kodys height and in heels some are taller than Kody and the ladies said that Kody isn’t a small or short man.

I’d love to know their height and weight because for some reason I never pictured the Browns being particularly tall or large so I was surprised to hear otherwise 🤔

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

We still have Walmart but much like the now defunct Canadian Target stores they don’t have the full selection of merchandise that you find at Walmart stores in the USA... as Dustbunny said between the lack of stores and the ridiculously high price of shipping when we shop online it’s a real problem 🙁

Back on topic I used to chat with a couple of ladies over on the FORT who lived in Vegas, they managed to mildly stalk the Browns and saw them in person on a couple different occasions.... they were both surprised to see how large they were... IIRC they saw a few of the adults (Kody and couple wives including Christine ) in a store and said they were shocked because they were taller and larger than they expected, they also saw some of the kids and I recall them saying Aspyn was a BiG girl... there’s a recent pic of Ysyabel and she’s towering over Christine and the thing is Christine isn’t a petite person so Ysyabel must be very tall etc to tower over Christine.

They said Robyn was the biggest shock because she was taller than Kody and  LARGE!....no wonder he toes the line she could probably kick his ass in a fight. 😂

I guess it shouldn’t have surprised me because in pictures the ladies are Kodys height and in heels some are taller than Kody and the ladies said that Kody isn’t a small or short man.

I’d love to know their height and weight because for some reason I never pictured the Browns being particularly tall or large so I was surprised to hear otherwise 🤔

I always knew Paedon, Gwendolyn and Ysabel were very tall Aspyn is a little shorter but bigger and I think Truely will be tall like the other girls.  I believe Christine's Dad and Mom are both tall.  Her dad is very tall.  Janelle and her children are shorter.  Robyn's kids are tall and so is Mariah.    Kody always looked shorter to me, except for Janelle.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

there’s a recent pic of Ysyabel and she’s towering over Christine and the thing is Christine isn’t a petite person so Ysyabel must be very tall etc to tower over Christine.

Ysabel is probably a couple of inches taller with her spine straightened.  She must tower over Kootie too.  It probably makes him feel less manly. LOL.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2