Type keyword(s) to search

Aspyn Brown: She Has The Man, But May Eventually Get "The Family"

• Start Topic

(edited)
9 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

The county where I grew up only had a very small showroom and everything was ordered and you would pick it up there.  They also were a green stamp place which was weird.  Anyway, I loved going there.  The showroom refridgerators all had fake food and there was a certain plastic smell I loved.  Maybe I was a weird kid!

OMG you guys are bringing back memories....I totally forgot about the candy counter, bridge mix and plastic fridge food with that certain smell, LOL.  That's where I developed my fascination for fake food, LOL.  I truly miss that store.  In CT we still had one full mall store open until less than a year ago....

In reading this thread I'm realizing why Aspyn was always one of my favorites of the Brown kids.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 9/25/2019 at 7:30 PM, Kohola3 said:

Think of the fossil fuels used to truck around and deliver daily meals.  One trip to the grocery store to buy ingredients for a meal is a tiny fraction of what a truck empties into the atmosphere going door to door and idling in the street as the driver runs to the door.  

Not to mention the amount of packaging that ends up in landfills including those non-recyclable cooling packs.

I have no patience for that kind of crap.

^^THIS.  I'm not a great cook but who cares, it's mostly just me eating whatever I've prepared. To me, the absolute worst offenders are the FreshDirect trucks. In my city neighborhood, they park on my street but keep the engine on for what seems like forever, sprewing more crap into the air while they deliver to whichever buildings/apartments have ordered. Sometimes it's up to an hour that they sit idling with their exhaust and noise. I know this is not the same as the packaged meals in a box because you can order enough food for a week or whatever, but we have an organic grocery store two blocks away, two supermarkets (even though they are a not nice version called KeyFood rather than I don't know, Safeway or Smith's or whatever), plus Trader Joes is 4 blocks away. We also have farmer's market twice a week two blocks away and plenty of produce stores, an excellent fish store, Italian meat markets all within a quarter mile or so.

Early in the pandemic a former co-worker, whom I hadn't heard from in over 2 years, suddenly texted to ask how I was and wish me well. Very nice. But when I replied, she came back asking me to purchase one of these meal delivery services. She was shilling! I was surprised. I guess I could "respect the hustle" (another co-worker heard from her, too and was happy to buy it for himself and even his parents), but it made me sad that she reached out not from a genuine desire to reconnect or concern for my well-being (she lives down South now in a house rather than NYC apt), but rather to try selling me something.

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Love 14

Aspyn looks absolutely amazing in those pictures! As Deirdra said, more healthy and It looks she lost a bit of weight too. She’s always been one of the better looking Brown girls but here she really is a natural beauty.

• Love 15
14 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I wonder if Aspyn spends a lot of time (or any) worrying that Mitch will want another wife.

Hopefully, they have discussed and cast aside that possibility.  They need look no further than the successful life Mitch's mom seems to lead and the anxiety riddled life Christine has.

• Love 10