Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: Sometimes You Just Can't Win

bilgistic

So.. that episode happened.  Eh? They’ve really lost me this season. Like completely. I’m going to finish the show out because well why would I quit when the finish line is right there but I care about really nothing. 

Although I sincerely hope Will isn’t dead. That’s about it though.

• Love 10

The storyline with Daphne and the singing competition is dumb, dumb, dumb. There's no reason for it besides keeping Brad the Mustache-Twirling Nash-villain and his discount Bono glasses in play. Daphne could've released a single or EP or whatever on...I don't know...maybe her family's record label...?

• Love 13

See I was thinking wow, we finally got a decent episode. LOL I too really hope that Will doesn't die and as much as I used to love Juliette and Avery together I agree with him. It's just over, no one should have to go through everything he has to his own detriment. Loved all of the music tonight and that's been a long time coming. Can't believe that we have to wait until June for this to finish, I mean there's really no reason for it. 

• Love 7

I enjoyed the episode also, which this season means I didn't have to mute the tv for any scenes. 

When Avery was telling Deacon that he couldn't live his life like this, waiting for her, etc., I thought that was probably how Rayna felt when she finally decided to cut Deacon loose.  It was an interesting parallel between the two relationships, Deacon/Rayna and Juliette/Avery.  I think Avery should let her go, that it's not worth it and though it looks like Juliette is going to come to her senses, it seems too little, too late.  I don't see how the showrunners can save this couple, but it does make me want to watch to find out.

If you know or think that your new relationship is what is causing your Type A ex to abuse your son, why do you have your boyfriend at the house when the kid is getting picked up?  Especially when Deacon has a history (long ago, but not forgotten) of violence?  Dumb, dumb, dumb.

• Love 8

I don't think Will's dying, based on this interview. http://ew.com/tv/2018/02/22/nashville-series-finale-date-preview/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

I really appreciated having more music this episode. I hate that Deacon is going down the assault route again though. Don't blame him for doing it, just hope it's not too much trouble.

I really don't understand introducing his dad into the show though. I thought back in the earlier seasons Deacon said he was dead, when he was speaking about him at an AA meeting? I might be wrong. But, why was he not mentioned during the Beverly fiasco? Did he know she died? It will be interesting to see how this plays out and what purpose this will have.

I totally lost it when Deacon and Daphne were talking and he started crying. Everytime he cries, I cry. The closer we get to end, I spend half the episode in tears, especially since I've been re-watching the series again. What I would really love at the end is to see something involving Rayna. Some flashbacks, a pan around the music room, maybe an old song of hers, just something to acknowledge her.

Or maybe a teenage Juliette waking up and this was all a dream of hers. And then she hops on stage and Glenn really does discover her, leaving the viewers wondering if all this really does happen. 

I'm overthinking this way too much. I need ANOTHER hobby.

• Love 5

I actually quite enjoyed this episode. Maybe because the bandaid has been ripped off about the cult business that I can mentally move past it, much as Avery seems to be doing. But I don't believe that he's really done. He said that in S4 too, though he's been through a lot more this time. And again, I'm getting a S4 vibe. It Alanna and Avery potentially hooking up, like Layla and Avery, just as Juliette comes back home, perhaps? Will Juliette go on tour with the Last Highways? 

And can I just say that I'm tired of Deacon being called violent? Yes, he has a bit of a temper, but these violent outbursts are pretty tame. Juliette is worse, imo. 

I don't mind Scarlett's storyline, but I don't like how she's totally isolated from the rest of the cast. At least she's more pleasant to watch now without blaming Gunnar for everything.

I liked Daphne's audition and how she got on the show--no surprise there. Do you think she really was picked, or did Brad purposely have her be on the show, even if the other judges didn't think so?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, CrystalMoon said:

liked Daphne's audition and how she got on the show--no surprise there. Do you think she really was picked, or did Brad purposely have her be on the show, even if the other judges didn't think so?

The woman at the audition seemed to be really into her.  So the woman in the theater seats may well have thought she was the one who should get picked but CLEARLY she's going to be exploited as Rayna James's daughter.  Hopefully aside from Deacon she'll have that one woman trying to look out for her.  

Yeah, I didn't think what Deacon did was all that damning.   

I also don't think Jessie's right about not having legal options in keeping her kid in Nashville.  I'm guessing her ex has full legal custody... or else he literally wouldn't be able to make that decision without her.   

I don't know about Tennessee but in Texas there is a huge emphasis on keeping families together so even if Jessie had gone through a major series of lows the fact that she has been clean and sober and not outwardly crazy and keeping up regular visitation with her son for at least 6 months would mean she'd have a really good shot of getting joint legal custody back.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, bybrandy said:

Yeah, I didn't think what Deacon did was all that damning.   

I don't think what Deacon did was that bad either, but I think it is going to be spun as an assault and then all the past stuff is going to get dug back up.  After all, the son has been told by someone that Deacon is a rageaholic and I'm assuming that was from Brad.

I think Jessie's first and only stop should have been to her attorney that Brad was going to ship the boy off to, Texas?  No personal appeal is going to work with him; they are portraying Brad as a narcissist it seems.  Everyone knows he is going to say something to get at someone, wouldn't you have developed a shield by now to not give him what he wants?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CrystalMoon said:

I actually quite enjoyed this episode. Maybe because the bandaid has been ripped off about the cult business that I can mentally move past it, much as Avery seems to be doing. But I don't believe that he's really done. He said that in S4 too, though he's been through a lot more this time. And again, I'm getting a S4 vibe. It Alanna and Avery potentially hooking up, like Layla and Avery, just as Juliette comes back home, perhaps? Will Juliette go on tour with the Last Highways? 

And can I just say that I'm tired of Deacon being called violent? Yes, he has a bit of a temper, but these violent outbursts are pretty tame. Juliette is worse, imo. 

I don't mind Scarlett's storyline, but I don't like how she's totally isolated from the rest of the cast. At least she's more pleasant to watch now without blaming Gunnar for everything.

I liked Daphne's audition and how she got on the show--no surprise there. Do you think she really was picked, or did Brad purposely have her be on the show, even if the other judges didn't think so?

I enjoyed this episode too. Actaully, I may be in the minority but I have felt that Nashville got its footing this season. Hard to carry on the same way after Rayna James dies.  So the season following was just not good. But this season, stories have progressed nicely. 

I like Juliettes storyline and how it evolved. It makes sense to me ( and on a real level, I think it gave Hayden limited camera time which she needed for her mental health).I liked Avery's warning to her and watching the steps the "cult" was taking to isolate her from family and fiends. It just all made sense to me. Seeing a strong , feisty woman, be manipulated . It happens.

Deacon and Daphne has been a beautifully handled story line. Deacon fear that Brad Maitland will get his hooks into Daphne because that is the nature of talent  contests.

Scarlett's story line kind of bothers me. She has been repeatedly told to not handle Shawn on her own. Yet, continually ignores it. Meh for me.

I love the Last Highways as a group. Great sound with and without Alanah. And I love the idea as CRYSTALMOON said above, that in the end of the final season, that Juliette joins this grass roots band and gets back to grass roots. I would find that a fitting ending.

So, in conclusion, I have loved this season and will be sorry to see the end of Nashville.

Edited by missyb
  • Love 3

That certainly escalated quickly, didn't it? I know Will will be alright, but its still really messed up to see how quickly he spiraled into near death experience in the middle of The Chew. Their band does sound super great, even though I still dont like that they through drama in the middle of the Bros Three. 

I did actually like this episode, possibly because the stupid cult stuff was in the background. The conversations Avery had with both Deacon and Alanna were really interesting. Deacon I think has always thought Juliette was something of a kindred spirit, or she reminds him of how he used to be, so while he understands and supports Avery, he still is holding out hope for Juliette. Alana basically told her story to, I think, tell him that she gets how its hard to let go of a person who is all drama and doesn't treat you well, but that it still needs to be done. As much as I used to love and root for them, Avery is better off without her. I would be happy if it ended on am ambiguous note with them, with Juliette coming back after ditching the cult, and them maybe just hanging out, and we dont know if they got back together or not. I like the idea of her joining Last Highways, and them reconnecting the way they connected in the first place, through music. 

Jessie, Jessie, Jessie. Why did you think it was a good idea to have your boyfriend around when your asshole ex was going to be an asshole to your son, when you know boyfriend gets all upset about asshole dads and sons. Brad is just the smuggest dick that ever smugged. He makes me long for the subtle characterization of Jeff Fordham. That being said, I hope we can get past the assault stuff soon, because Ive really enjoyed Deacons story this season, and we even got to hear Deacon sing this week! God I love when he gets a song. 

Daphne will totally end up getting used by dickhead Brad, and have to learn a lesson. At least she isn't trying to emancipate herself with the help of some crazy Single White Female chick. 

• Love 8

I know it's been said before about Maddie, but I can't understand a word Daphne says when she sings.  Neither one of them.  And I don't think their voices are all that great either.  I know I'm in the minority, but that's what I think.

So, Gunner is going to get angry with Avery when Avery hooks up with Alannah (is that her name?) and with Will on life support (hopefully, not literally), that looks like the end of the Last Highways.

This here is why we can't ever have nice things!

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, slasherboy said:

I know it's been said before about Maddie, but I can't understand a word Daphne says when she sings.  Neither one of them.  And I don't think their voices are all that great either.  I know I'm in the minority, but that's what I think.

So, Gunner is going to get angry with Avery when Avery hooks up with Alannah (is that her name?) and with Will on life support (hopefully, not literally), that looks like the end of the Last Highways.

This here is why we can't ever have nice things!

Jonah is also in that same category.  All 3 of them lose their ability to enunciate as soon as they start singing.  It drives me crazy.  It sounds awful......llike they have marbles in their mouths.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, seewillrun said:

I don't think what Deacon did was that bad either, but I think it is going to be spun as an assault and then all the past stuff is going to get dug back up.  After all, the son has been told by someone that Deacon is a rageaholic and I'm assuming that was from Brad.

I didn't think what Deacon did was so terrible.

My thought on his relationship with Jessie... "run, Deacon, run!" She and her ontrolling ex and weird kid are just too much drama for a nice man like Deacon to deal with. 

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, CruiseDiva said:

I didn't think what Deacon did was so terrible.

My thought on his relationship with Jessie... "run, Deacon, run!" She and her ontrolling ex and weird kid are just too much drama for a nice man like Deacon to deal with. 

This. There were moments where i liked Jessie and Deacon and then Brad would have a scene and I would instantly remember why this is a bad idea. I liked the story of Deacon trying to move on what that means but Jessie, the ex, and the kid is a lot.

Also not excited to watch the only good thing the guys band blow up because Will has started drugs and drinking to combat some body problem he suddenly has this season and Avery and Gunner to fight over a girl (again, sometimes this show is like a bizarro time travel machine, it’s like we’re in season 1 but with less fun).

I did like the scene where Daphne was mad about wanting to sing and when she was like “some people think I’m not ready” and Maddie gave a look at Deacon too, I was like “aw, sisters”.

• Love 3

Brad is just an over the top villain, why did they feel they needed to go back to season 1 Jeff? Why are they doing this whole involved "Deacon & his girlfriend with a kid" plot? Why do they think we care about Scarlett & the PTSD guy? Why is there a cult plot, a Will on drugs plot, a Maddie 2.0 A.K.A Daphne plot, why is this show still on the air??????????

• Love 6
4 hours ago, GaT said:

Brad is just an over the top villain, why did they feel they needed to go back to season 1 Jeff? Why are they doing this whole involved "Deacon & his girlfriend with a kid" plot? Why do they think we care about Scarlett & the PTSD guy? Why is there a cult plot, a Will on drugs plot, a Maddie 2.0 A.K.A Daphne plot, why is this show still on the air??????????

Don’t watch if you don’t like. Simple as that. 

• Love 2

How many episodes are left of this dreck? I googled it and the final season was supposed to be 16 episodes, but they have only aired 8? 

I am done. The WAG band had possibilities but they ruined that fairly quickly with this Alanna character who , based on previews, has no qualms about getting in between best friends. Ewww. I know she and Gunnar don't actually have a relationship, but why move on from Gunnar to Avery? Like she has no other option at all. Just squicky.

And then we have entitled snot-nosed teenager 2.0, who feels like she is owed a career at the age of 14, and learned nothing from her sister's mistakes. So naturally she goes right into the hands of the mustache-twirling villain. Spare me the redux please.

Too many regurgitating story lines, including a different version of Juliette abandoning her adorable family.

Ugh.

• Love 4

Deacon, if you want to be a better parent, start with showing Daphne how to fold a shirt.

I have no desire for Avery/Alannah.  But I have to say Jonathan was looking particularly smokin’ this episode.

Also have to admit that I have never been more attracted to Sam Palladio than when he was behind the drum kit.

Scarlett, why does the entire world need to hear Sean sing?  Why can’t he just be happy doing something for himself?

Everywhere you looked in this episode, an armchair psychologist was lurking, ready to dispense unasked for advice.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

This. There were moments where i liked Jessie and Deacon and then Brad would have a scene and I would instantly remember why this is a bad idea. I liked the story of Deacon trying to move on what that means but Jessie, the ex, and the kid is a lot.

But Deacon the recovering alcoholic with a sainted dead wife and two teenage daughters isn't a lot? Everyone has baggage, especially the older one gets.

I don't think boarding school would be the worst thing in the world.  Jessie seems a mess-she doesn't really know what she wants (I want to sing again, no, I don't really want to sing again), she does not have a positive relationship with her son (he demonstrates a high level of disrespect towards her [and his father], he doesn't cooperate with her, etc.), and says to her ex that she will deal with things when she obviously doesn't or doesn't know how to do so.  Maybe it would benefit the son to have some distance from his parents and their fighting (over him) in order to find himself a bit.  It also seems like Jessie is someone who seeks drama; she certainly set up drama by having Deacon in the house when Brad was coming for the son.  Deacon even asked if he should leave and she said no.  She created a perfect scenario for drama.  Yes, Brad definitely seeks it and feeds into it, but Jessie definitely had other options.

I don't like Scarlette's story primarily because I don't think the writers really understand PTSD-especially for veterans.  She will probably feel vindicated for her actions with the veteran which will bond her to him even more.

I agree with Deacon that 14 is too young for Daphne to start a career on her own.  However, I also think he should then help her with her music and help her start a career, but in a way that would be more age appropriate.  Maybe Deacon and Daphne could be a duo on some songs.  I don't know.  She just seems too young.  

So worried about Will, and they didn't show him in any of the previews for the second half of the season.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, bilgistic said:

But Deacon the recovering alcoholic with a sainted dead wife and two teenage daughters isn't a lot? Everyone has baggage, especially the older one gets.

That’s why I wish they would give Deacon something less than Jessie who comes with an ex determined to ruin his ex’s life and that now includes Deacon. He didn’t need that much more baggage. 

Plus yeah.. Brad is now becoming too much evil to evil in this show. I don’t think what Deacon did was that bad but Brad seems hell bent on destroying Deacon now because he’s with Jessie. And now it includes whatever he plans to do with Daphne’s career.

I really wish there had given Deacon a love interest who wasn’t tied up in all this extra drama, there was enough baggage for a Deacon story of him trying to figure out how to move on and be happy with someone else , that would have been interesting. 

• Love 4

This whole Jessie/Brad thing puzzles me.  Or maybe it doesn't.  I went back and rewatched when she first showed up on the show and she tells Deacon, in a backhanded kind of way, that she had a fling and left Brad for another man.  Partly, I guess, because she was so miserable in the marriage, for reasons we don't know, at this point.  Probably he did some of the same controlling bullshit he does with his son to her, while they were married.  So is he doing all this - painting her as an unfit mother with rage issues, keeping her from having much of a relationship with her son, and doing everything in his power to belittle her and keep her from having any happiness - because he's still obsessed with her in some way?  Or as revenge for cuckolding him?  Or is it just because he has power and so he's going to use it?  He definitely has the power right now to take away everything she loves.  From the preview we know he's going to go for sole custody.  And my guess is that if she doesn't break up with Deacon, he'll press charges.  He doesn't want her, but he doesn't want her with anyone else?

Yeah, probably Deacon doesn't need it.  But damn, I just think they're so cute together.

I wonder how realistic it is for a parent to get sole custody of a 14-year old who flat out doesn't want to live with him at all, let alone full-time. A quick google search says Tennessee family courts take the child's wishes into consideration if they're 12 or over. But I suppose we're meant to believe Brad is so rich and powerful he can do anything he wants, including influencing judges. Kind of like Nashville's version of JR Ewing, without the eyebrows or the charm.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, kassandra8286 said:

I wonder how realistic it is for a parent to get sole custody of a 14-year old who flat out doesn't want to live with him at all, let alone full-time. A quick google search says Tennessee family courts take the child's wishes into consideration if they're 12 or over. But I suppose we're meant to believe Brad is so rich and powerful he can do anything he wants, including influencing judges. Kind of like Nashville's version of JR Ewing, without the eyebrows or the charm.

I wondered the same thing. I’m just assuming they’re taking dramatic license with the whole thing. I feel like it sets up Jessie and Deacon breaking up so she can keep things as they are with Jake and Brad won’t press charges against Deacon. Then we’ll see if something happens to shift the dynamic so she gets the upper hand, getting both Jake and Deacon back. 

Re: Juliette/Avery 

I really don't want to see another show have the couple not get back together because it would be unrealistic or they moved on, whatever.  See Switched at Birth Bay and Emmett.  I have an idea, just write the couple and their problems better.  I don't have a problem with Avery being "done" because it's been a long time coming.  I even liked the convo with Alanah? when she said she was ashamed, and maybe Avery feels the same way.  That was good, I don't like the idea of them hooking up, but it's fine if it's just temporary.  But, problem: there's only 8 episodes left, so I can't see the writing for this going forward as good overall.  They'll be moments of goodness I'm sure, but overall, we'll be like, what??  

Also, I think it was a mistake to do the Juliette part of the story as her being off-screen this much with cult thing.  They could've done it a different way, still the depression, distance, but no cult.  She just takes off like she does, and no sexual abuse memory recovery.  We already heard end of S2, when Juliette cheated on Avery, about her questionable interactions with Mama's men that might be, in fact, sexual abuse.  Just revisit that I don't know.  

Daphne stuff is good, but I'm in no mood for reality show bullshit with Brad going forward.   

Edited by sunflower
  • Love 1
On 2/24/2018 at 12:45 PM, mojoween said:

Deacon, if you want to be a better parent, start with showing Daphne how to fold a shirt.

LOL! it wasn't just me who noticed that.

On 2/24/2018 at 3:29 PM, WhosThatGirl said:

I really wish there had given Deacon a love interest who wasn’t tied up in all this extra drama, there was enough baggage for a Deacon story of him trying to figure out how to move on and be happy with someone else , that would have been interesting. 

Deacon's story-line was the strongest this season and now it looks like it's going to be dragged down by over-the-top BS involving Jessie/Brad/Jake.

Avery's talk with Deacon especially the line about waiting for the next emergency with Juliette was spot on. My patience with Juliette would have run out a long time ago. Run Avery and take Cadence with you.

Nooo Will you can't die!!! It's weird but all of the Will drama reminded me of how much I miss Luke Wheeler (of all people). If Luke was still a part of Will's life would any of this have happened? Or escalated to this point?

See y'all in June!

• Love 5
On 2/24/2018 at 1:09 PM, kassandra8286 said:

This is the thing that bugs me with shows. They just make up however it is with these kids. This isn't the first time with this show either. By law she wouldn't be allowed to do that show either since she forged Deacon's sig. Yet the scuzzbucket isn't going to care on that of course so he can use Daphne. The thing with the Jake as well is a game for the guy too. Doesn't give a crap about his kid, the whole molding him bs. Molding him to be an asshole like him I guess is the only way to go. Yet he doesn't get that kids that age do things for reasons. Which of course the fact is only a caring parent would try to see what was up. Not twist it to use against the ex to send the kid away. As well as court orders are in place that his mother is to have visitation on such and such time so how can he send their son away without her consent? Technically in the real world that would be grounds for breaking the court ordered agreement signed by both parties. If a court sat a child in that position own to ask him about home life, either he would be to scared of his parent to answer honestly or he would do so honestly and hope to get the hell away from him. Yet the show wants it to be all "dramatic" with them with tossing in Deacon and now Daphne in the mix. Its terrible. I don't like this kind of stuff in shows. I'm not into this whole storyline at all. For a show that is ending it doesn't feel like its heading towards wrapping things up nicely at all. SMH I think Deacon and the girls deserved a way better way for their time with the show to finish out. 

I am not into the whole Avery/Juliette drama either. He needs to just be done and tell her where to go for the sack of not just his self but more importantly the daughter. Now that is where a custody suit should be in place for her to have supervised visits and be lucky to have that even. LOL The whole cult thing is just another selfish move but typical. I thought he should have been done with her the first time. And please not with that girl and Avery. Its one thing to just get each other's stories with the ex or should be ex but let's keep it as that and nothing more.

And yes Deacon should not have been there with Jessie and Jake. She had to know it would be drama on it all. That dude just radiates scuzz so well. Seriously Deacon or Jessie should have just called the cops to deal with him. If that dude thinks that is assault he is pathetic. Its more like getting a handle on an asshole that is going to beat the shit out of a 14 yr old kid. Yet cops would have been better suited so she would have been able to show a court the kind of man Brad really is. 

I hope Will is ok. That will be crappy if they do this to him. I like Will. I didn't at first but he grew on me. I hate they went the steroids route with him. 

The previews....Juliette locked away. Dumbass of course you will be. In Scientology its the "hole" for her. Getting out is not easy if you can and no contact with those you would want to. Its to bad that when she or Avery was looking at info on this group it wasn't part of the info on the internet. The last few shows I've had end, the way it was written was pretty crappy. I was left either hating all the characters left or just disappointed with how it was written to end in a way that it left it like a cliffhanger still. I get the feeling it will be a little of each by the end of this show. Yet I am in it to the end as well since its the last. 

• Love 2

I loved Avery declaring himself done with Juliette, and tho I'm sadly positive it won't stick, I hope it does. No matter her history or circumstances, she's so much work, and so undeserving of Avery. JJ looked especially pretty this episode too. But damn, with all the women in the world who would love to be with him, could it NOT be the one Gunnar is sleeping with? Haven't they shared enough chicks? Even if it was just Scarlett (I can't remember), it's really unnecessary. I'd still be all for Avery and...what's her name, who takes care of Cadence?

I hate the steroid storyline too, but hope Will is fine.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, luna1122 said:

I'd still be all for Avery and...what's her name, who takes care of Cadence?

Emily. Dear, devoted Emily who has no life of her own so she's always available to come watch Cadence at a moment's notice and stay till whenever. Although I guess she is still Juliette's paid assistant so this is more or less in her job description under "other duties as required?" Come to think of it she must have a lot of time on her hands these days since Juliette is up to her neck in cult-biz. What *does* Emily do all day? She needs her own spin off show.

Seriously though, she is so loyal. Throughout all Juliette's many disappearances and abandonments and stints in rehab she shows up instantly when needed and she's never displayed a hint of anything inappropriate where Avery's concerned, not even a wistful glance in his direction. I don't think I'd be so virtuous in her shoes, lol. Of course for all we know she might be into girls. 

• Love 2
On 2/23/2018 at 12:20 PM, seewillrun said:

I think Jessie's first and only stop should have been to her attorney that Brad was going to ship the boy off to, Texas?  No personal appeal is going to work with him; they are portraying Brad as a narcissist it seems.  Everyone knows he is going to say something to get at someone, wouldn't you have developed a shield by now to not give him what he wants?

Yeah I have a feeling this could end up backfiring on the creep. For one the son is firmly Team Mom and he's at the age where that counts to the court. For another shipping a kid of to boarding school is not going to endear him to a judge. Hell the fact that things got so heated Deacon felt he had to intervene might not play well either. Ironically I think he has a point that Jesse over compensates for his dickishness so I do think not putting him in the middle might help. I just think it means Dad should exit or pull back though since h is actually the bigger problem. Realistically he should be looking at supervised visitation.  If it can happen to Brad Pitt I woud be shocked if it didn't happen to this asshole

Also unless the dick can bribe every cop and judge involved in the case no way was what Deacon did assault. He was the one putting hands on child Deacon removed and restrained him. Deacon has two witnesses on his side and really he should have just as much influence as Brad. He runs his own label and should have plenty of money and goodwill behind him. People might be afraid of Brad but people like Deacon. He also has no history of violence when sober, which is a distinction a judge should take note of. Although I'm sure all of this will be ignored because DRAMA.

On 2/27/2018 at 9:18 AM, kassandra8286 said:

Of course for all we know she might be into girls. 

Well that might be why she is so devoted to Juliet.

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, Emily Thrace said:

Yeah I have a feeling this could end up backfiring on the creep. For one the son is firmly Team Mom and he's at the age where that counts to the court. For another shipping a kid of to boarding school is not going to endear him to a judge. Hell the fact that things got so heated Deacon felt he had to intervene might not play well either. Ironically I think he has a point that Jesse over compensates for his dickishness so I do think not putting him in the middle might help. I just think it means Dad should exit or pull back though since h is actually the bigger problem. Realistically he should be looking at supervised visitation.  If it can happen to Brad Pitt I woud be shocked if it didn't happen to this asshole

Also unless the dick can bribe every cop and judge involved in the case no way was what Deacon did assault. He was the one putting hands on child Deacon removed and restrained him. Deacon has two witnesses on his side and really he should have just as much influence as Brad. He runs his own label and should have plenty of money and goodwill behind him. People might be afraid of Brad but people like Deacon. He also has no history of violence when sober, which is a distinction a judge should take note of. Although I'm sure all of this will be ignored because DRAMA.

While I agree that what Deacon did wasn't assault - he was getting someone who was threatening someone else away from the situation - unfortunately he does have a history of violence when sober and has been arrested twice.  The first time we saw it was in season 1, when he punched out the guy who made a remark about him not being as good without Rayna outside the Bluebird.  And then during the unfortunate emancipation storyline in season 4, when he beat up Frankie (after being baited, admittedly) and it ultimately resulted in Maddie winning emancipation.  That last one was, unfortunately, pretty public.  Oh, and we could also include him punching out the paparazzi after the rehearsal dinner, which ended up on the internet, even if he wasn't arrested for it.

Edited by piratewench
  • Love 2

For me, as far as soap operas go, I don't want it to end yet. It ain't perfect, but I could watch these current story lines for at least another season or two! It beats the hell out of General Hospital and there is awesome music AND there is WAG. Where else am I gonna get the awesomeness that is WAG.

I'm surprised it doesn't have the ratings to go another season. It is unique and there are a lot of country music fans.  

• Love 4
(edited)

The reason this is the last season isn’t ratings-based. I think it’s still CMT’s highest rated show. It’s because CMT is getting out of the scripted series business. Their original programming will be reality-based and Nashville doesn’t fit. 

I’m with you though - not the world’s best show, but I could watch it forever. I guess we’ll have to rely on fan fiction once it’s over. 

Edited by piratewench
  • Love 5

There's been some questioning recently about Scarlett's sudden interest in equine therapy.  I've been doing a re-watch on Netflix and in an episode in Season Two, she mentions that whenever her mother was sent to a mental hospital to deal with her bipolar disorder, Scarlett referred to it as "Mama's gone to the Horse Farm."  Apparently, the institution used equine therapy.  Maybe this interest is a call back to this earlier episode.  Or not.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Ava said:

There's been some questioning recently about Scarlett's sudden interest in equine therapy.  I've been doing a re-watch on Netflix and in an episode in Season Two, she mentions that whenever her mother was sent to a mental hospital to deal with her bipolar disorder, Scarlett referred to it as "Mama's gone to the Horse Farm."  Apparently, the institution used equine therapy.  Maybe this interest is a call back to this earlier episode.  Or not.

I thought I remembered that too.  Thanks for confirming.  I think people just like to say the current writers/showrunners don't honor the show's history, when, in fact, they do more than they don't.  And who cares if Scarlett suddenly got interested anyway?  I like the idea that she's taking some time to figure out what's next for her.  She did kind of get pushed/pulled into the music business when it really wasn't her goal in the first place.  I actually think she would have been happier to have just written songs and occasionally sung at the Bluebird when it was a slow night.

• Love 1

I seem to remember the cult requires 'members' to 'tithe' something like a third of their earnings. As soon as they assess that, Juliette will either be broke or will be running away from the cult as fast as possible. It might be the only thing that will set her free.

I'm kind of surprised she still has the fancy house, an assistant, and funds to do whatever she wants since it's been so long since she's done a tour or cut an album.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, CruiseDiva said:

I seem to remember the cult requires 'members' to 'tithe' something like a third of their earnings. As soon as they assess that, Juliette will either be broke or will be running away from the cult as fast as possible. It might be the only thing that will set her free.

I'm kind of surprised she still has the fancy house, an assistant, and funds to do whatever she wants since it's been so long since she's done a tour or cut an album.

It is probably all residuals from past work still coming in, or money from the past earning interest. She has gotten bad publicity, but that doesn't mean they aren't still playing her songs on the radio.

She had that hit song in the second half of last season, and I think she did release a new album because she was supposedly going to have a new tour this season. She'd probably have a loss after cancelling her tour though.

It was also only a year before that she won an Oscar for the movie she did, so if the movie was successful that may still be a revenue stream as well.

• Love 1

The bit about Daphne and the music talent show bugs me so much.  Generally those kinds of competitions have a minimum age of 16 (there actually was a show called Nashville Star for several seasons - Miranda Lambert came in third her season), so right off the bat she's realistically too young.  Plus the fact that she forged Deacon's signature.  I know it's probably asking way too much for a little realism, but this is just so wrong that I hate it.  :(  

Count me in as one who would rather see Avery end up with Emily.  What an incredibly sweet and smart young woman.  Avery deserves someone who would treat him well.  He's been through enough.

Wish Gunnar would grow up.  Hated that he immediately hopped into bed with Alanna.  When has that ever ended well for you, Gunnar?  And then to say up front it's just casual but go all jealous on her?  Ugh.

Get better, Will!!!  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, LadyMustang65 said:

The bit about Daphne and the music talent show bugs me so much.

One thing that cracked me up was how the competition went from a huge roomful of contestants to three finalists in one fell swoop. What's the deal with this contest, is it a televised reality show like Nashville Star or is it just some cheesy local talent show? No one will be in the least invested in it the way they've gone about it. Amateurs.

Edited by kassandra8286
  • Love 1