Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E08: Mandy & Jose

Tara Ariano

How sad for Quentin that he has to be responsible for his pathetic mother and all her toxic relationships.  Sounds like the entire family ( except poor Quentin) are f'd up!  Meanwhile, Nev's wife is an authority on people from Michigan so I guess MTV should keep her and Cleo on the payroll.

• Love 7

My DVR cut off while Chastity was talking at the end, did they talk to Mandy too?

They must be paying Laura bank for her to keep uselessly popping up on each episode. 

I don't know why they think we're going to feel sorry for people who are catfished while they're also catfishing, because I don't.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Meanwhile, Nev's wife is an authority on people from Michigan so I guess MTV should keep her and Cleo on the payroll.

If only Mrs. Nev would take some of that MTV money and buy a damn hairbrush!

• Love 6
5 hours ago, GaT said:

My DVR cut off while Chastity was talking at the end, did they talk to Mandy too?

Nope. Just Chastity talking about how much progress they're making towards friendship. And you know whose word I wouldn't trust on that even with photographic evidence of them together at the gym one time? Chastity's. 

Probably the most scandalous/interesting bit of this wasn't addressed at all - probably because she wouldn't participate in filming, but she did presumably sign-off on having her picture in the episode? - what is going on with Mandy's sister?? Is she pissed her sister swiped her pictures? Did Chastity go on to create another profile to catfish the real Mandy's sister after she realized she was catfishing Mandy by mistake? And apparently not only was she having sex with Mandy's then-boyfriend, but she's somehow sketchily in the mix with their cousin's supposedly criminal baby daddy? I feel like whoever she is, Mandy's sister is a brassy mess and I wish we could've met her.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

I started watching until I saw Mrs. Nev 

Turned it off. Sorry don’t care about her opinion she’s irrelevant. 

Why is Nev trying so hard to make his wife happen?  He's got Max and that is all we need.  

• Love 14

How sad for Quentin that he has to be responsible for his pathetic mother and all her toxic relationships.  Sounds like the entire family ( except poor Quentin) are f'd up!  Meanwhile, Nev's wife is an authority on people from Michigan so I guess MTV should keep her and Cleo on the payroll.

Quentin needs to move out of Mommy's house. Hope he gets himself into a dorm or something

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, Reiki said:

Quentin needs to move out of Mommy's house. Hope he gets himself into a dorm or something

I think he said he went to college in Ohio, so maybe he was just home for the show. I hope so, because he was the only one with a shred of sense. He seems like a nice kid. His family is ... kind of a mess and full of drama. His mother is out here setting up sting operations to catch her sister fucking her boyfriend.

I don't watch this show live and I fast-forward whenever Nev's wife is on. He is intent on making her happen and I'm just not interested.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, auntjess said:

With this episode, the shark has been truly jumped!

I'm not sure that term has any real meaning anymore.

If anything, the show will forever be chasing the dragon of the nutcase from weeks ago that could not handle any social situations at all. That was gold struck that will probably never be struck again.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, auntjess said:

With this episode, the shark has been truly jumped!

I think bringing in celebs and going to England both count as shark jumps within the meaning of the adage, so this would be at least the third time around the tank.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

I'm wondering if Chastity set this whole thing in motion just so everyone could see how much better she looks since she had her bariatric surgery. She actually looks like another person.

There's NO WAY they recognized her.  No way. I call BS on that completely. She does not look like her old shelf. At least not enough for them to open the door and recognize her that quick.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, TheReverend said:

I think one season is enough, in fact more, than we need of Nev's and Max's and family. 

Sorry.

It's just an unnecessary (annoying) dynamic. 

I'm going to be honest and say that I would totally watch a show about Nev and his family. It would be my guiltiest of guilty pleasures. 

If they threw Max and his wife in there too, more's the better.

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 1

Wow, so “Toxic” is this family’s theme song. It’s probably best if they all stay far away from each other. It’s so obvious Chasity is the one who contacted the show. For someone who doesn’t show emotions she sure was smirking hard when Nev and Max showed up at her door. I agree with the poster above that this was about Chasity showing off her weight loss. It’s probably her warped way of getting back at her ex. I’m guessing after this Chasity’s ex won’t be accepting any new friend requests from strangers since they are all really just Chasity spying on him anyway. Two years is a long time for Chasity to keep up the José ruse just to “help” Mandy. She could have had José break up with and block Mandy without having to delete the José profile. Chasity obviously got something out of continuing to talk to Mandy as José. If she just wanted to be friends with her she could have reached out in real life at any point. Anyone else hoping Mandy and “José “ didn’t sext each other? That’s got to be hella awkward to be having those conversations with your female cousin. I’m not buying that Chasity and Mandy are gym buddies now. That was another show forced positive ending. 

For Mandy’s part, she willfully ignored so many signs. No phone, but somehow able talk online and still not be able to video chat? Why didn’t she find out which Walmart he allegedly worked and and then went by to visit during one of his shifts? I think instead of a boyfriend Mandy could use some counseling to overcome all the toxic of family drama and previous bad relationships. 

• Love 2

I got the sense there was a lot of family drama.  Chastity and Mandy are first cousins I assume.  Maybe the grandfather had kids with different women and those half brothers and sisters don't talk to each other and neither do their children.  

Chastity was wrong BUT, none of this would have happened if Mandy hadn't created a fake profile of her sister.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I got the sense there was a lot of family drama.  Chastity and Mandy are first cousins I assume.  Maybe the grandfather had kids with different women and those half brothers and sisters don't talk to each other and neither do their children.  

Chastity was wrong BUT, none of this would have happened if Mandy hadn't created a fake profile of her sister.

This family might be fun to watch, and they sound  like a good match for TLC.

On 2/21/2018 at 11:47 PM, Caseysgirl said:

Nev's wife is an authority on people from Michigan

Good thing he didn't know her when he was originally pretending to be fooled, oops, I mean,  WAS TOTALLY  AND PLAUSIBLY AND LEGITIMATELY  CATFISHED by a pathetically disturbed woman in Michigan.  Because then he would never have been able to make a career out of it.

• Love 3
On 2/23/2018 at 1:40 PM, Gothish520 said:
On 2/23/2018 at 1:36 PM, TheReverend said:

I'm going to be honest and say that I would totally watch a show about Nev and his family. It would be my guiltiest of guilty pleasures. 

If they threw Max and his wife in there too, more's the better.

Max is looking super hot this season <3

• Love 4
On 2/24/2018 at 12:55 AM, cooksdelight said:

When they first showed the photo of Mandy, I thought “Oh hell, it’s Molly from 90-Day Fiance!! When the heck did she move from/to Detroit from/to Atlanta?”

Mandy had a nice face & pretty blue eyes. Drop the weight and she wouldn’t have to catfish as her very average looking sister.  Poor Quentin surrounded by this dysfunctional mess. 

• Love 1
On 28/02/2018 at 5:27 PM, DNR said:

Max is looking super hot this season <3

It was so great when he said “0h, you’re gonna meet her”.

My soul shrivelled a little each time Nev said babydaddy, and again on seeing that Chastity cannot spell her own name.

Mandy and “Jose” must’ve done some sexy-talking, right? Ew.

• Love 3