Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E14: Collision Course

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

Im not tryna be funny here but what exactly was felicity bringing to helix??  Cuz the prototype(s)  they are using are the ones Curtis made to let felicity walk again andand Diggle shoot again right? 

Considering if Curtis didn't exist on the show, Felicity would probably do everything herself that he's done? That shouldn't be a problem. She should be able to come up with something herself. 

• Love 14
Just now, Angel12d said:

IDK, I think if the newbies had shared info like OTA have been doing this whole time, then this wouldn't have even been an issue. 

But Ota wasn't sharing info.. If Dinah side.. Hadn't put herself on the money case they wouldn't have known cuz Ollie wasn't allowing it... If the show really wanted peace... In NTA's bunker Diggle and Curtis shoulda sat down by themselves and hashed it out cuz at that moment both of  them(and Thea.. But she's chilling off  to the side) seemed willing to try and work it out and see the other side but by the end of that scene it was basically over... I mean John was once again trying to make Oliver see maybe they were doing too much and as usual Oliver wasn't listening.. Then Curtis deactivated the chip and hell broke out

I hate the Newbies so much, that I can hardly even focus on the rest of the madness. Quentin and his crazy Black Siren obsession is just utterly arranged, and I hope to god its over, and I am super disappointed in Thea enabling his crazy ass. And now, I dont even know whats going on. 

I loved Felicity and William making cookies, and the love between OTA was in display throughout. I especially loved (as I said) how Felicity was about to throw the FUCK down when Curtis hurt John, and John saying how he remembers why he was hired six years ago, those got me in the feels. It was nice to feel something beyond utter hatred and confusion. 

But then the Newbies have to open their stupid mouths, and all those happy thoughts go right the fuck out of the window. 

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, BunsenBurner said:

I wonder if BSs ‘I’m kidnapped’ is all a ruse to destroy OQ. Could the DA accuse him of kidnapping BS/LL?

I thought he was going to try and nail Oliver with embezzling the city's stolen money - I figured Laurel's story was the only way to get around not being in Star City for the past couple of years. 

• Love 4

My dream was dashed when that fucking, ungrateful, traitorous THUG of an ASSHOLE DOUCHETASTIC RATBASTARD PRICK Wild Dong survived and didn’t die. Along with that hypocritical loser Curtis and twat Dinah.

Really? They’re going to blame Oliver for his condition when that fucktoid was shooting at them as well? Like they would have felt bad or guilty had Felicity or John been hurt worse? FUCK OFF with that noise.

And just STOP IT, Thea. JUST.STOP.

SO GLAD Oliver didn’t go to the hospital.

Gee. The DA or whoever the fuck he is, is also crooked. I’m shocked, SHOCKED!! And with everything shutting down, where is that Crooked Captain going to get the funds to help him? Oh, right. From marble mush mouth Diaz.???

I am beyond PISSED AND ANGRY right now.

The writers can also PISS OFF.????????????????????

Team ORIGINAL TEAM ARROW. That is all.

• Love 16
Just now, UNOSEZ said:

But Ota wasn't sharing info.. If Dinah side.. Hadn't put herself on the money case they wouldn't have known cuz Ollie wasn't allowing it... If the show really wanted peace... In NTA's bunker Diggle and Curtis shoulda sat down by themselves and hashed it out cuz at that moment both of  them(and Thea.. But she's chilling off  to the side) seemed willing to try and work it out and see the other side but by the end of that scene it was basically over... I mean John was once again trying to make Oliver see maybe they were doing too much and as usual Oliver wasn't listening.. Then Curtis deactivated the chip and hell broke out

Yes they were. These last few episodes OTA have reached out and informed the newbies about what's happening, every single time. Felicity was the one who repeatedly had to tell them that something was even going on in the city, they had no idea. It's only after the last episode that they stopped and rightly so. Rene is the one who then bought up William and pushed Oliver and started the whole fight which resulted in things escalating.

But agree to disagree!

• Love 14
Just now, insomniadreams88 said:

Considering if Curtis didn't exist on the show, Felicity would probably do everything herself that he's done? That shouldn't be a problem. She should be able to come up with something herself. 

Doesn't answer my question tho does it?..  Cuz he was introduced... So I'm asking in universe on the show other than naming it what had she done (besides embezzle funds to get Oliver outta jail) 

Just now, SmallScreenDiva said:

I'm just here for the GIFs of Felicity baking, TBH.

Did you see the clip on Twitter?

She even had them iced! She can make cookies! 

I kind of love it how scared Felicity and William are of Oliver when he catches them with junk! He totally lectures them on eating healthy I reckon! 

1 minute ago, UNOSEZ said:

Doesn't answer my question tho does it?..  Cuz he was introduced... So I'm asking in universe on the show other than naming it what had she done (besides embezzle funds to get Oliver outta jail) 

He made the chip at Palmer Tech when she was CEO. The chip belonged to Palmer Tech and Helix had a dish of them when Felicity was involved with Helix.

It's not Curtis's chip.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I thought he was going to try and nail Oliver with embezzling the city's stolen money - I figured Laurel's story was the only way to get around not being in Star City for the past couple of years. 

True and I really don’t think this will happen but it would sure change the story. 

(edited)

I mean, Felicity is a genius graduate from MIT who built her own computer when she was 7 years old. And before Curtis arrived to steal her skills and things she'd usually say, she created tech for the team. I'm pretty sure if the writers let her she could create her own tech for her own company. 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 23
1 minute ago, JJ928 said:

She and Curtis were gonna build the company on smart houses. The idea for chip came later, from Alena (something Felicity wanted to do in season 4 when she was at Palmer Tech but couldn't because of the board). Smoak Tech was teased before Curtis, it's something the creator have talked about for the past two years. This is HER story, Curtis can take his chip and start his own company. I don't get this argument at all. Felicity is a genius, she doesn't need Curtis or Alena for that matter, se can easily create something else. You should be asking why they took a story they've been talking about for Felicity for years and attached it to her male counterpart instead. Why does she have to share this? I'm here for this being the begining of Smoak Tech as it has been teased. Curtis can do his own thing.

Yeah, the idea for the company was born from them creating an algorithm together. It wasn't always going to be the chip - they were struggling coming up with an idea, Alena suggested it, and it was already done so why not? 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

Did you miss all the other replies pointing out that Felicity has experience running a business and Curtis doesn't?

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

Came up with the idea? If not for her, Curtis would still be doing freelance work. It's not like he was thinking of starting a company or doing anything with the chip or even suggested they use the chip for the company.

Felicity can start up a company without Curtis (and his tech). Curtis cannot start one up without her. 

• Love 15
37 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Finally, as dreadful as this episode was, everyone in the live thread made it fun as hell. I was giggling for the entire hour thanks to you fine people.

I’m honestly not sure I’d be able to handle an episode like this one without the live thread. Being able to rage with others and LOL at people’s comments is the best.

• Love 9
46 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

On the plus side, Felicity can make cookies!

I love that Felicity and William described baking cookies as a science experiment. I've always though of cooking is an art, and baking is science, so it makes sense to me that Felicity is bad at one, but good with the other.

• Love 22
Just now, lemotomato said:

I love that Felicity and William described baking cookies as a science experiment. I've always though of cooking is an art, and baking is science, so it makes sense to me that Felicity is bad at one, but good with the other.

Aww!  I love this!  Headcanon accepted!

• Love 5

Loved Season 1, Season 2 still did not drive me away, but it has been all downhill since then.   Fast forwarded through most of this episode, but saw enough to be totally annoyed. 

I thought after one year the writers would see that the "newbies" did not work, but they are still here and they are still terrible.  I can't decide which one of them is worse. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Arrow returns and it has just become a big old clusterfuck now, sadly.

So, this ridiculous, stupid storyline about Quentin trying to "get through" to Black Siren... excuse me, "Laurel", has somehow sucked everyone into it for the worst.  Quentin continues to be more deranged and pathetic.  She's not your fucking daughter, dude!  She's from a completely different universe, idiot.  I swear, I don't think he was this insane when Sara died (twice), which is really getting on my nerves.  And now Team Arrow has fallen victim to this stupid writing by going along with the plan, even though it was full of so many holes and, really, no way was Laurel going to give that info that easily.  Stupid, stupid, stupid.

But sure enough, the Noobs are here to make everything more infuriating.  For all the times they bring up a good point, they suddenly do something worse.  Curtis gets high and mighty over Felicity hacking them?  Well, he hacks Diggle's arm and causing him excruciating pain that sounds like it will be effecting him for a bit.  Dinah points out the hypocrisy of everyone protecting Laurel, but is still willing to fuck over the city to get her revenge?  So, just like everyone else was letting their emotions effect their judgement, she was willing to do the same thing, only a much bigger level.  And then there is fucking Rene, who continues to sneer, smack talk, and act like Oliver is the devil, while never acknowledging his own faults in this. 

And then there is the topper.  Dinah and Curtis acting like Oliver was a psycho for beating the shit out of Rene, even though from what I could tell in the dark, poorly fought scene, Rene fucking took an axe out of nowhere to Oliver.  This is no self-defense or some shit: as far as I'm concerned, Rene was willing to murder Oliver's ass for Dinah's revenge.  What kind of shit hero is he?  Or Teams Noobs in general?  Fuck all of them.  Half of the actual villains on this show are better then this lot, because at least they acknowledge their evilness.

Meanwhile, Diaz stupid plan is still going on, but at this point I could care less.  I wish they had it be Anatoly, so at least I would be invested in this since I actually give a damn about him.

Never though I would say this but I'm thinking that this season has decent shot at beating out Season Three as the worst season.  Which means that the Noobs might be worse then a season that include, among other things, fringing Sara, Stalker Ray (thank you for fixing that, Legends), Boring Ra's, and DJ League of Assassin's Douchebag. 

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 17

Can I just say, that hologram thing Curtis made is absolutely ridiculous. I mean, I know this is a comic book show and I know that this shows science is pure comic book science, but that thing, with Curtis's limited resources, and all on his own, is absolutely ridiculous. It would make more sense if John Constantine stopped by and told everyone that Curtis was some kind of wizard or something. 

• Love 16

It's no surprise but the writers have really failed at letting us see this fracture on a more personal level. We've them be at odds while in costume but not in their everyday lives. How do Oliver/Dinah function on a professional work level? Curtis/Felicity trying to start their company? That deserved at least one episode instead of like 1 scene between Oliver/Dinah in this episode.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I'm just here for the GIFs of Felicity baking, TBH.

Emily looks like she's exactly one inch taller than Jack. The next time Felicity and William make cookies, I'm pretty sure he's gonna be taller than her.

• Love 4

The snark from Quentin to Dinah when she showed up in the mayor's office was a thing of beauty.

The hologram thing was maybe the most ridiculous fake science the Arrowverse has done, and that's saying something.

Re the company:  Felicity was the one who set up the company and filed the papers on it even before she asked Curtis to join her. Felicity can do anything she wants in software, and she has the business experience that Curtis doesn't.  Facebook is all software, not Curtis' hardware. 

Cybersecurity is the big field these days, Felicity doesn't need Curtis' engineering for that.

27 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

This is arrow and I've always enjoyed the original team.. And for the most part have been on their side in this lil fight.. Mainly because Rene did rat out Oliver to start all of this.. But I've also at least tried to be reasonable abt NTA...  And they were right if BS didn't look like laurel they would've taken her out.. Oliver was right that he can't go around demanding ppl not to kill.. They were the ones who hacked another team barged in pointed weapons shot inside the bunker  and gassed them like they were criminals. All because they thought (wrongly)  that BS was there... Rene could die from the beating he took from Ollie.. And that's partly due to a previous gunshot wound he got when diggle was on drugs. Look if the newbies leave I'm not really shedding tears I like em enuff but they aren't dealbreakers.. But especially this episode OTA was more wrong than NTA..  I know I'm in the minority with that take but what can you do

Oliver hasn't tried to kill anyone who wasn't trying to kill some one else in ages.  He wanted to capture Black Siren; Dinah was determined to kill her.

OTA wouldn't have invaded the other bunker if they hadn't been convinced that NTA was going to kill BS before they could get the money back.

On the other  hand, NTA  has always been welcome on the OTA bunker up to this episode.  They were even in there the last episode, snarking about how terrible it was. As others have said, if Rene hadn't attacked Oliver with an ax (!!!) Oliver wouldn't have hurt him as he did.

16 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

But Ota wasn't sharing info.. If Dinah side.. Hadn't put herself on the money case they wouldn't have known cuz Ollie wasn't allowing it... If the show really wanted peace...

OTA was sharing info, contacting NTA and sharing whatever info they had.

NTA wasn't, they didn't tell OTA that Vince was working with them and almost got OTA and Vince himself hurt. Over the past episodes, there were a number of scenes where they said that they weren't going to share.  Dinah said that she put herself on the money case so that she would know everything OTA did without having to share their information with them.

As Oliver said, NTA crossed the line first.  They didn't want peace, they wanted to show everyone how much much better than OTA they are.  They still don't know what they stand for, only that they don't want to be anything that Oliver and OTA are.

7 minutes ago, RoseofSharon said:

Still, it's a pretty bad episode if I'm the only silver lining. 

But you have an Amanda Tapping icon ... that's upper level right there.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Can I just say, that hologram thing Curtis made is absolutely ridiculous. I mean, I know this is a comic book show and I know that this shows science is pure comic book science, but that thing, with Curtis's limited resources, and all on his own, is absolutely ridiculous. It would make more sense if John Constantine stopped by and told everyone that Curtis was some kind of wizard or something. 

OMG yes this!  That was such a load of crap.  Nothing he said to explain any of that "science" made a lick of sense. She was out cold when they were looking at their hologram of her being dragged away.  How exactly was her sonic cry allowing them to see her?  I do find it funny that they figured out that she was taken away and even had the tire tread but got nowhere in their investigation without bugging OTA.  

Never though I would say this but I'm thinking that this season has decent shot at beating out Season Three as the worst season.  Which means that the Noobs might be worse then a season that include, among other things, fringing Sara, Stalker Ray (thank you for fixing that, Legends), Boring Ra's, and DJ League of Assassin's Douchebag. 

Season three isn't at the top of my worst list to be clear, but this season apart from the Cayden James thing would IMO actually be a pretty good season if only I wasn't sure that I wasn't supposed to keep on hating the NTA after the civil war storyline is wrapped up. If I was just free to HATE and want the NTA all gone forever, then I'd have to say the writing has been great for this, because never have they managed to pull such fury from me. And they manage to up their game, week after week, but from how it is being written, I'm still pretty sure I'm not going to be allowed to enjoy how much they deserve to be loathed and that takes away most of the fun.  And just leaves a lot of anxiety behind.  

• Love 7

Even if Curtis could manufacture and market the chips on his own, it would be a bad look for business once word gets out that he'll hack your chip when it suits him.

• Love 20
4 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Even if Curtis could manufacture and market the chips on his own, it would be a bad look for business once word gets out that he'll hack your chip when it suits him.

Or that they're hackable at all - can you imagine waking up paralyzed again because your kid's pissed off you wouldn't buy him a video game or something? Bad for business. 

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

lol but whose going to say anything? The two people who are dependent on it? Though Im sure people would take that chance if it meant it could fix them.

Why is Dinah so convinced that Oliver was hung up on BS looking like Laurel? She wasn’t around for the Lauriver mess. She never even met Laurel. She’s seen Oliver give BS the benefit of the doubt like once, very briefly. Maybe? Was she around when they found out About BS?

It doesn’t matter. Her attitude had no basis in fact. 

• Love 14
(edited)

They found out about BS before Dinah came on the team.

The irony is that Oliver only thought of her as Laurel for an episode when she first appeared. Since then he's been very clear that it's not Laurel.

None of their attitudes have a basis in fact. It's like the internet feedback look we're talking about in The Quiver, they only listen to each other and never check their facts.

7 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

lol but whose going to say anything? The two people who are dependent on it? Though Im sure people would take that chance if it meant it could fix them.

People would take the chance if that's all that is available to them. But the minute someone else came up with a non-hackable model, everyone would rush to that.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

Why is Dinah so convinced that Oliver was hung up on BS looking like Laurel? She wasn’t around for the Lauriver mess. She never even met Laurel. She’s seen Oliver give BS the benefit of the doubt like once, very briefly. Maybe? Was she around when they found out About BS?

No she wasn't around, BS's arrival is what spurred Oliver to find a new BC. So I have no idea what Dinah's basing her theory on.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, UNOSEZ said:

Im not tryna be funny here but what exactly was felicity bringing to helix??  Cuz the prototype(s)  they are using are the ones Curtis made to let felicity walk again andand Diggle shoot again right? 

Before Curtis, Felicity was good at both hardware and software (she was instrumental in getting Ray’s atom suit working), so I have no doubt she can run the company and invent without him. It sucks if him leaving means she can’t manufacture the biostimulant chips anymore, though. I liked that she wanted to mass distribute the tech that helped her. 

In a completely unrelated note, was the sound mixing totally off in this episode? I had such a hard time hearing the dialogue (especially in the van). This show is always bad for that, but this ep seemed even worse than usual. 

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Once they started marketing them no one would have to say anything. That would probably be one of the main criticisms of the chip. 

• Love 2

When Curtis was telling Felicity that Team Dunderfucks was done with OTA at the end I was waiting for him to add on, “but we’ll still work how Oliver is the devil in to all of our conversations because we really don’t have any other reason for hanging out together. It’s not like we actually care about this city. “  I wouldn’t be surprised to see a picture of Oliver with horns drawn on pinned to a dart board in the notbunker. 

• Love 18
30 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

It's no surprise but the writers have really failed at letting us see this fracture on a more personal level. We've them be at odds while in costume but not in their everyday lives. How do Oliver/Dinah function on a professional work level? Curtis/Felicity trying to start their company? That deserved at least one episode instead of like 1 scene between Oliver/Dinah in this episode.

Honestly it heated up so quickly and violently I thought they were putting up a show to somehow trick BS wasn't until the axe that I was like. Oh all these guys are serious... This isn't good.. And well it got worse from there.. Show managed to make everyone look bad.. With Thea kinda being an exception 

17 minutes ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

No she wasn't around, BS's arrival is what spurred Oliver to find a new BC. So I have no idea what Dinah's basing her theory on.

I assume she got her bad intel from Rene and Curtis.  Just because Oliver was confused and mixed up the first time he encountered BS doesn't mean he's now forgotten all working for the man trying to kill everyone he loved and kidnapping his sister and William.  Oliver hasn't had any trouble with not thinking of BS as Laurel this year.  She's just making up a reason to let her justify killing her.  She calls it justice but her justice comes at the expense of the very city that even Vince was trying to save.  

• Love 3

I went visiting to Reddit to get their reaction on the episode.  The NTA hate is strong there as well but at least half of them were eager to mention how it's all Olicity and the OTA's fault that the NTA are now being written into the ground.  Apparently, MG is pandering to me and my ilk.  Yeah, I was surprised as well, lol.  

• Love 19

I do like the ongoing theme of William caving and giving them away whenever he and Felicity try to hide their junk food endeavours from Oliver! 

Just now, BkWurm1 said:

I went visiting to Reddit to get their reaction on the episode.  The NTA hate is strong there as well but at least half of them were eager to mention how it's all Olicity and the OTA's fault that the NTA are now being written into the ground.  Apparently, MG is pandering to me and my ilk.  Yeah, I was surprised as well, lol.  

This was written for us??? REALLY??? To think we've been so ungrateful after all the fan service we received this ep! 

Bullets or knives through NTA and them begging for forgiveness as they choke on their own blood while dying. Now that would be fan servicing me. 

• Love 21
7 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I assume she got her bad intel from Rene and Curtis.  Just because Oliver was confused and mixed up the first time he encountered BS doesn't mean he's now forgotten all working for the man trying to kill everyone he loved and kidnapping his sister and William.  Oliver hasn't had any trouble with not thinking of BS as Laurel this year.  She's just making up a reason to let her justify killing her.  She calls it justice but her justice comes at the expense of the very city that even Vince was trying to save.  

Well in the end it didn't matter cuz Curtis talked her down... Glad her rampage is over. 

9 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

If MG were pandering to us, the newbies would have left on a bus after 609. And after this episode, that bus would drive right off a cliff.

• Love 18
10 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Objection! If they really want to pander to me I demand Oliver shirtless, Olicity sexy times, Olicity kissing once an episode, Felicity getting her own company and Curtis dead. I'm waiting. 

• Love 20
8 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

Well in the end it didn't matter cuz Curtis talked her down... Glad her rampage is over. 

Against BS and needing her blood, but Dinah still seems to be blaming Oliver for BS being off loose rather than take any responsibility for her own actions.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Chaser said:

The Live thread for this episode was a trip.

What a cluster. 

I'll be honest; I most definitely blacked out while writing at least one of my posts because my rage was that high. I absolutely am going back to re-read the thread. 

I don't think rage was the emotion they were hoping for from this episode.

• Love 9