Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 2/12/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

A lot are wondering why the ice queen Elsa is so nasty towards Joy. I remember someone theorized awhile back that it may stem from when Elsa's parents, Cindy and Sen McCain came on the show. Maybe Els feels Joy attacked them the most or something...I don't know. But she seems to be good at holding a grudge instead of letting it go. 

• Love 9

I do wonder who got a 1000 increase in their paycheck...everyone I know has gotten increases ranging from 8 to 40 dollars.  Plus, no one pointed out to MM that the tax cuts are only temp for a few years.

I like that Yvette came on for a bit in the cute segment.  If Sara h isn't available then Yvette is a great alternative to do the segments.

Lastly, Nicole Wallace was let go for not knowing mich about pop culture or the more topics....so Meghan better be let go because she isn't failing when it comes to the fun topics...bitzy, Sherri, and candace could do them well....

I didn't like Cat S.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

1. I at least smile at Meghan walking out already looking pissed off like she was just slapped offscreen.

2. Today was a boring show, tbh. I've loved the Black Panther actors showing up, especially Chadwick Boseman. I thought it was funny that the ladies all made over Jordan today, but Boseman is so much more handsome. I guess it's just me. *shrug*

1. I don’t smile when I see her nasty expression, but notice it is the same sour, bitter and pissed off look on her face EVERY.DAMN.DAY. 

2. I think Boseman is a hella lot more sexay and handsome than Jordan.

I need to just type, copy and paste “SHUT UP, Meghan!” I don’t know about anyone else, but I know that I didn’t need you or appreciate you cutting Catt Sadler off, just to repeat what she ALREADY was telling us about the pay disparity and how it was a black and white issue. And even as she talked as if she was on Catt’s Side, the look on her face told me she disagreed with the words she was saying.?????

Oh put a SOCK in it, Whoopi! This show is NOT the only show that talks about unsung heroes who are minorities. So stop with the BULLSHIT that this show is the only place they let you. You’re proud that they put up with your nonsense and don’t fire your ass.??????

Second segment about sex? Again? ? ? ? ? ????????????

22 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan said people are happy to be seeing an extra $1000 in their paychecks since the tax cut.  She must be talking about herself because my paycheck only went up $8.

I haven’t seen jack shit. But then again I don’t have a full time job where I would see it.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, dr. gailey said:

The kids segment was the best part of the show today. I was crying laughing.

I loved the look on the little girl's face, who I think was 4, when Yvette told her her brother's 8 year old friend was too old for her.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

The Fox Right Wing loathes Joy. She is their version of Ann Coulter. Just today, a Facebook friend went on a major rant about Joy talking about talking to Jesus yesterday.

Yeah, I had a facebook friend rant about this. She said the View should be cancelled, and Joy will kneel and confess that Jesus is Lord when the Messiah returns. I'm Christian, but I thought Joy's remark was funny. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Why do the hate her? she has not deviated from their talking points of deny, deflect and distort and don't forget my favorite of what about so and so, when things don't go their way.

Megan is angry because she has not converted us to her way of thinking.  I am pretty sure the trolls who hate her are merciless in their attacks.

You can Google it.  I don't want to stray from the rules of the board.  This recent following the line with the party is new and the party has not forgotten her recent past.  At the moment she has no one on her side.

5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And even as she talked as if she was on Catt’s Side, the look on her face told me she disagreed with the words she was saying.?????

Good point - her words and her body language did not match up.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan said people are happy to be seeing an extra $1000 in their paychecks since the tax cut.  She must be talking about herself because my paycheck only went up $8.

Methinks she was alluding to the highly publicized handful of companies who issued press releases that they were handing out $1000 bonuses. 

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2018/02/14/tax-reform-windfall-these-companies-are-hiking-pay-delivering-bonuses.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/01/11/list-companies-paid-bonuses-boosted-pay-since-tax-bill-passed/1023848001/

Her co-hosts were so startled that none of them chose to speak up with facts.  Seems clear that they are frustrated with even trying to discuss any topic with her, as Mrs Domenech takes everything so personally.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

Methinks she was alluding to the highly publicized handful of companies who issued press releases that they were handing out $1000 bonuses. 

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2018/02/14/tax-reform-windfall-these-companies-are-hiking-pay-delivering-bonuses.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/01/11/list-companies-paid-bonuses-boosted-pay-since-tax-bill-passed/1023848001/

Her co-hosts were so startled that none of them chose to speak up with facts.  Seems clear that they are frustrated with even trying to discuss any topic with her, as Mrs Domenech takes everything so personally.

It would be exhausting to counteract every wrong or exaggerated thing Meghan says.  Instead of tweets from viewers the show should have blurbs that say Meghan is lying or Meghan is offering alternative facts.  Like a real time fact checker.

• Love 15

I think the show will be interrupted today because Trump is scheduled to speak at 11am about the high school shooting massacre, at least on my side of the country (eastern time).

15 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I didn't like Cat S.  

I thought I was the only one. I don't know if I dislike her but she was just blah at the table yesterday.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I do wonder who got a 1000 increase in their paycheck...everyone I know has gotten increases ranging from 8 to 40 dollars. 

Same here. I thought I would be getting $10 more at most, only to be surprised with an earth-shattering $15 increase! Amazing.

15 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Second segment about sex? Again?

I really can do without those segments. Not because I'm a prude but I don't really see the point. We know all the ladies at the table aren't virgins, they're human like us, we get it.

• Love 6

The View's ticket site lists Ana Navarro as being on today too. Since she's not listed as a co-host this week that might have been a listing error on the ticket site. Apparently they are pre-taping a show today to air on Monday since it's Presidents Day.  There's no co-host listed only Jay Pharoah as a guest.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 1

I just discovered Chadwick and Michael both played the same character on All my Children.

I watched Chadwick in the movie Marshall just last week.  He was excellent as Thurgood Marshall.  I think I might rewatch Michael in Fruitvale Station this weekend.  

• Love 5

ABC ended their news coverage with 22 minutes to spare. I'll try and catch most of the show on YT later I guess.  After about 4 minutes of commercials they joined the show and it's Meggie and Sunny with the sharks, inventors and items.

Edited by Jaded

Seriously, ABC?  Robin Roberts throws back to regular programming, but you have to show NINE commercials running for a full FOUR minutes beforehand?  It's always about the $$$.

Edited by Tunia
ETA: Jaded types faster than I do. LOL
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Tunia said:

Seriously, ABC?  Robin Roberts throws back to regular programming, but you have to show NINE commercials running for a full FOUR minutes beforehand?  It's always about the $$$.

I seriously thought they might just show 20 minutes of commercials and forgo showing any of The View today at all.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I seriously thought they might just show 20 minutes of commercials and forgo showing any of The View today at all.

Basically, that's what they're doing.  After about one minute of The View, it's back to another slew of commercials, coming back with five minutes of show time left. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Could you please give us a synopsis? is Meggie being her nasty self? 

They started with the school shooting. Joy said she didn't really have anything to say, as she's said it all before.  Meghan went on about mental illness and that all the people who should be fired for not doing something about the warnings they had about the shooter. Sunny, I think mentioned the gun law that was put in place by Obama to keep guns from the mentally ill, but repealed in 2017 by the current government.

They also discussed Mike Pence and his comments about Joy saying hearing voices in your head is mental illness. Joy said she's a Christian and "makes jokes". Sunny said she's never felt intolerance at the table. Meghan went on about her inlaws being Evangelicals.

There were, as usual, lots of shots of sulking Meghan.

They then went to a lighter topic of figure skating couples at the Olympics.

Then they were introducing the Shark Tank people, and I turned it off.

Not a great summary, I know.  Others here are so much better with the snark. :)

• Love 19
16 minutes ago, buffynut said:

They started with the school shooting. Joy said she didn't really have anything to say, as she's said it all before.  Meghan went on about mental illness and that all the people who should be fired for not doing something about the warnings they had about the shooter. Sunny, I think mentioned the gun law that was put in place by Obama to keep guns from the mentally ill, but repealed in 2017 by the current government.

They also discussed Mike Pence and his comments about Joy saying hearing voices in your head is mental illness. Joy said she's a Christian and "makes jokes". Sunny said she's never felt intolerance at the table. Meghan went on about her inlaws being Evangelicals.

Thank you! I will not be watching. Joy's comments about the tragedy, yesterday, echoes my thoughts. Wash, rinse, repeat.  There has been 18  school shootings already and this is the second month, of the new year.  It reminds me of the serial killer, BTK, who after killing a lot of people wrote a letter, asking, the authorities,  how many more people do I have to kill, to get your attention..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 17
53 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Thanks.  I will skip the 'Bureau of Redundancy Bureau' meeting and watch the sharks, who I love.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

The students who survived are speaking out and their eloquence about change is inspiring. These kids are woke, engaged and ready to take action.  So, all is not lost. Meggie and her ilk are on the wrong side of history..

I agree. One of them said something along the lines of we can't make this a norm; we can't allow ourselves to get used to this. 

• Love 17
7 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Since I only got to see 15 minutes of today's show, I'm catching up on Youtube.  Here's a clip:

Go Whoopie! she shut Meggie down and would not let her list her talking points about how liberals are bad..  She is so nasty...

• Love 15
15 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

The prize goes to MM for saying some day she might say something to upset people. Really?! 

For real.  Does she not read anything online about herself?

And she apologized to Pence on behalf the show.   God I can't stand to even look at her or hear her voice.

28 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Go Whoopie! she shut Meggie down and would not let her list her talking points about how liberals are bad..  She is so nasty...

It's a daily thing with Meghan.  She really does think "liberals" are the enemy of all mankind apparently.  Or maybe just the enemy of her "tribe".  As much as I despised Elisabeth I don't ever remember her spewing such hatred towards liberals.

• Love 23

Whoopi’s starting to lose her patience with Meghan and I hope she starts shutting Meghan up sooner when she goes on her Fox News like rants.  Really she just seems to be spreading the same talking points that Fox News spews everyday. We need to listen to Meghan if she, who has evangelical friends, is offended by a joke, but if someone calls republicans racist not condemning the KKK, then they are snowflakes who don’t get that Trump is preserving history and playing to his base. I’m officially done with trying to give Meghan a chance, she is really just there to spread Fox New’s talking points and I found it disgusting she wanted to do her endless liberal rant after Joy’s apology. First of all, no one on The View is preaching tolerance everyday; she made that up.  They do try to have a discussion everyday, but Meghan prevents any conversation from being had by sticking to her silly talking points.  She’s here to explain “red America” to those evil New York liberal tourists who got free tickets to sit in the audience of The View and bully Meghan.  She doesn’t have opinions; she has talking points. I’m glad Whoopi told her to stop today and I hope Whoopi does it more in the future.  

• Love 21

I would have paid good money if after Meghan's rant on how "someone should be fired," someone (not Joy, because it would be seen as part of her Evil Liberal Agenda) responded with "Yes. Including the members of Congress who continued to accept funds from the Gun Lobby after Sandy Hook."

• Love 21
2 hours ago, buffynut said:

They also discussed Mike Pence and his comments about Joy saying hearing voices in your head is mental illness.

When my boys were heading to college, I got a second (after-work) job.  I was in my barely-late 40s and got a job as a medical transcriptionist with no training.  Because I was such a good typist with a good vocabulary, they gave me a try.  We were paid on a production basis, and I was much faster on the psychiatry transcriptions, so I got those assisgnments from our county hospital.  I could not give you the high-high-high number of examinations I transcribed of mental patients who knew they were Jesus or Mary, thought they were married to one of them, thought they were pregnant by Jesus, and most of all, told of all the wonderful or horrible things Jesus and God told them to do (some of them crimes)...and also instructed them and helped them.  They didn't "think" these things; they heard every word.  

What was interesting to me was that I never heard any other dieties (other religions) referred to.     I agree with Joy.

• Love 22
16 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

but IN THE SAME BREATH goes on to say, "I think as a republican [is she ever going to retire this tired ass line?] I feel like sometimes liberals say we need to be tolerant of everyone, except pro-lifers, except Trump supporters, except gun owners, except for everyone in the red and in the middle of the country --"

It's that same old argument.  How dare you be intolerant of my intolerance.  The people Meghan was talking about don't seem to want to hear anything "liberals" have to say.  I don't think Meghan realizes she is alienating a pretty significant part of the View audience with her continued rants against anyone not in line with her beliefs.

• Love 21

Good God From Zion, now I find myself yelling "You Bitch" to a youtube clip. I hate that cow MM so much, I can't control myself. And, yes, people who hear Jesus talk to them are NUTS. Yeah, I said it.  TEAM JOY! We didn't get the show today because of gun violence. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, bannana said:

Maybe, just maybe, Whoopi is over this bitch.

She seems to be growing more impatient by the day. Meggie ain't the "new girl" anymore, so maybe Whoopi has decided to take the kiddie gloves off, at least half way.

4 minutes ago, bannana said:

I think Whoopi was pissed because they were trying to smooth over the accusation of intolerance of religious views, and it was dusted and done, and then Elsa tries to start another fight that will end up making things worse.

Yup. It's as if Meghan has her talking points ready before the segment even starts. Just when Whoopi clears the air, here comes Meghan, once again letting us all know that "as a republican" all the reasons she's fake-offended by the intolerant liberals. Like seriously? Did you not hear everything your fellow hosts just said?

• Love 19

I just watched the Shark Tank segment and WTF... did MM really open it by saying she calls herself the Mrs. Wonderful of The View because she’s the meanest one on the show?!? Once again making it about herself. I have NEVER heard her refer to herself as Mrs. Wonderful - on the show, on social media - ever. I’m surprised she didn’t follow up with how she and Kevin O’Leary are best friends. This girl gets more and more idiotic by the day... 

And why the hell was she shouting?! That’s a voice that can shatter glass and burst eardrums... 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan McCain said that people in the FBI who were alerted of this sicko and didn’t do anything should be fired. Clearly she hasn’t been keeping up with the news because it has already been reported multiple times that the FBI exhausted all measures to track down the person who left the  “I’m going to be a professional school shooter” comment on YouTube and they came up with nothing

I might have missed more, but from the news I was watching it stated, "The FBI says it never made contact with Cruz. They say the comment was not specific enough to warrant a subpoena for an IP address or other info from YouTube ... which might have led them to Cruz."

If that is true, I really do think they dropped the ball, if they didn't even try to find the IP address for a person that makes a violent threat like that.

4 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

According to the NY Times, guess who is the #1 recipient  of contributions from

This should be mentioned on the show! Although if they do, I really think Meghan would quit, but they have had plenty of guests praise her father, so you should be able to take the negative criticism as well. I would like to see them have the head of the NRA on the view. I'm amazed that they have that much power, we need to take it back from them. WE have the vote, that should be stronger cause if you sell out, we Should be voting you out.

As for Joy apologizing, yeah, I always think it is a landmine if you talk religion. I found what she said a little offensive, but I also knew she was joking. But I think if you make any jokes, using mental illness, and Jesus, it's not going to play well for some. There is a reason people always say don't talk politics and religion, and on the View they have to talk about both all the time. On occasion one says something many find offensive, apologizes, and we the audience move on.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

might have missed more, but from the news I was watching it stated, "The FBI says it never made contact with Cruz. They say the comment was not specific enough to warrant a subpoena for an IP address or other info from YouTube ... which might have led them to Cruz."

More news has surfaced since I made my original post so a clearer image is coming together... you are right, they may have dropped the ball on this one so I stand corrected.

I still don’t know if those who dropped the ball should all be fired, as Meghan suggested.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Richard said:

I hate that most of the official YouTube videos use Megan as their thumbnail. 

I'm not sure if it works differently with professional YouTube clips, but in "regular folks" clips, YouTube grabs the middle frame as a thumbnail. (My BFF has a band, and they realized the way to get a ton of hits in their videos is to have one of the band members in a bikini, smack dab at the halfway mark.) It could be just a coincidence that the midpoint is Meghan, or else The View can decide what to use as a thumbnail, and chooses her ("make sparks!").

• Love 4