Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

I want Brandi to lose because she is a troubled soul, and maybe getting out and talking to her kids will help her somehow.   

And also... I am Team Mark-James-Ross, and James and Mark most definitely want Brandi out of there! 

If this Veto is the one they think it is going to be, I can't wait to see what a mess the house is when they're done.  However, I have a feeling the feeds will be down for the entire day -- not only throughout the comp, but also during the post-comp clean-up -- so I probably won't get to see the mess except for what CBS decides to show on Friday or tonight or whatever.

• Love 6

Brandi is asking Ross if he remembers the first few days when they promised each other F2 and also that they would tell each other if they knew the other would be on the block and Ross keeps saying he doesn't remember that and saying he's sorry. Brandi says she's hurt. They're both so passive aggressive it's hilarious.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

Brandi is asking Ross if he remembers the first few days when they promised each other F2 and also that they would tell each other if they knew the other would be on the block and Ross keeps saying he doesn't remember that and saying he's sorry. Brandi says she's hurt. They're both so passive aggressive it's hilarious.

lol  I caught that, and was chuckling!    They all conveniently remember and "don't remember" things when it suits them.   lol  Ross was not even convincing when he said he didn't remember.

I could never play this game or be in the house, as I would probably lose track of what I'd said or done after a while, and all of my lies and deception would catch up with me!

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

And also... I am Team Mark-James-Ross, and James and Mark most definitely want Brandi out of there! 

I'd typically want my favs to not have to suffer through being stuck in a house with their enemies, but since it's only four more days, and since Brandi staying might actually be BETTER for their games, I'm going to allow it. It's simply that Mark/James need Ari out more than Brandi this week. Ari's with Ross/Marissa and will surely win if she gets to F2. 

• Love 5

I want Ari to win the Veto, only because Mark won't put up Omarosa but someone in his alliance up as a pawn. If he puts Marissa or Ross and the house flips and votes the pawn out, then I'd be super happy.

Omarosa outside of the house is horrible, but I've really grown to like her on the show. I'd be happy of Mark/James/Omarosa or Ari winning in the end. A final four of them would be great too.

• Love 3

Yes, Ari has a great shot at winning the whole thing, no matter who she is sitting next to in the end (if she gets to the end).  Everyone likes her and she has stayed out of trouble.  She has been mostly loyal to her people throughout the game.  She is not acting like a fool or making an ass out of herself on TV.  She hasn't gotten in any fights with anyone.  She is a kind person.   She has a heart and a conscience.   And she is a pretty good competitor.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 8
15 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Brandi/Marissa airing out their issues right now. I'm not watching, but reading the updates is hilarious. Apparently, their conversation musters into this:

Could some of the ladies on the board please tell me if, in woman-speak, a conversation like this counts as any kind of conflict resolution?  Because I can tell you right now - it sure as hell doesn’t from a guy point of view.

15 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

And this is why I like James' fights. He doesn't let the arguments go in circles. He says his peace and walks away.

So far as I’ve been able to ascertain, Brandi has been taking digs at James since Day One - and (so far as I can tell) her sole justification has been she considers James “cocky”, and she doesn’t like that.  

James Maslow is a 20something good-looking popular American male with (probably) a few million already stashed in the bank and a degree of stardom - so I expect even if we’re not seeing too much of it on camera, a degree of cockiness is unavoidable.  But has anybody seen James acting as anything but a gentleman to the other HGs?

Brandi’s comment to Mark last night, about how everyone should say what they don't like about what Mark says - that was in response to two questions and a statement Mark made to Brandi:

• Mark’s first question was: although Brandi may not like James and/or what James says, had James ever behaved in any way to Brandy in a manner which would not be construed as that of a gentleman?
  • When Brandi answered “yes”, Mark stated he had never seen James act ungentlemanly - then Mark posed his second question: did Brandi think the rest of the HGs would agree with her?

...at which point Brandi suggested taking a poll of HG-disliked Mark statements.  :)

Now James has frequently been direct, sometimes to the point of confrontational; he has frequently voiced disapproval of other HGs’ words/actions; and he has even delved into the sphere of snark on occasion - but by viewer standards, would any if you consider any of James’ behavior as other than that of a gentleman?  Even at his most upset, James rarely even raises his voice to others; IIRC the only time James did so last night was when expressing near-absolute frustration and irritation with Brandi’s behavior, and attempts by Marissa (and Omarosa? don’t remember) to write off Brandi’s rudeness to her drinking.

I mention all this because it points out an issue I have noticed (and have had to contend with myself) over the past several years: current society views gentlemanly behavior as a sign of weakness to be exploited.  Being a gentleman is commonly equated with being a pacifist, a doormat one can roll over without expectation of complaint, and that’s simply not true.  Many people believe this, though, and attempt to exploit polite behavior - pushing boundaries as hard as they can until the other person hits a sticking point, then loudly declaiming, “You aren’t a real gentleman!”  This, in my opinion, is bullshit.  It is also Brandi’s MO.

Thoughts?

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Could some of the ladies on the board please tell me if, in woman-speak, a conversation like this counts as any kind of conflict resolution?  Because I can tell you right now - it sure as hell doesn’t from a guy point of view.

Fuck no. It's a bunch of passive aggressive "I" statements that don't say anything. Methinks someone has been through either an intervention or serious therapy.

I won't say which one and what option of those two I would put my money on but I bet y'all can figure it out.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Cherry Cola said:

I thought production made the closed off portion of the yard, so they could always go outside.  Do they still keep them in? They do need to add windows...I would hate the studio lights 24/ 7 

There's one main issue with them having windows... and I assume this is why they don't... the noise outside when they are locked inside.  I think the kitchen used to have a window to the outside they could look out, but maybe that was the old house in season 1

I think a better option would be for them to move to a bigger studio spot so they had the house, permanent outdoor space and permanent competition space.

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, Nashville said:

It's SUUUUUUUPER passive aggressive. Basically, any time you hear anyone say "I'm sorry you feel that way", it's usually passive aggressive. It gets worse if it continues with a "but". 

For example, I may have used a similar phrase on Reddit a couple of days ago when someone got upset when I pointed out how creepy it was for Marissa to document James' essential stripping before going into the shower. 

52 minutes ago, Nashville said:

So far as I’ve been able to ascertain, Brandi has been taking digs at James since Day One - and (so far as I can tell) her sole justification has been she considers James “cocky”, and she doesn’t like that.  

James Maslow is a 20something good-looking popular American male with (probably) a few million already stashed in the bank and a degree of stardom - so I expect even if we’re not seeing too much of it on camera, a degree of cockiness is unavoidable.  But has anybody seen James acting as anything but a gentleman to the other HGs?

Brandi’s comment to Mark last night, about how everyone should say what they don't like about what Mark says - that was in response to two questions and a statement Mark made to Brandi:

• Mark’s first question was: although Brandi may not like James and/or what James says, had James ever behaved in any way to Brandy in a manner which would not be construed as that of a gentleman?
  • When Brandi answered “yes”, Mark stated he had never seen James act ungentlemanly - then Mark posed his second question: did Brandi think the rest of the HGs would agree with her?

...at which point Brandi suggested taking a poll of HG-disliked Mark statements.  :)

Now James has frequently been direct, sometimes to the point of confrontational; he has frequently voiced disapproval of other HGs’ words/actions; and he has even delved into the sphere of snark on occasion - but by viewer standards, would any if you consider any of James’ behavior as other than that of a gentleman?  Even at his most upset, James rarely even raises his voice to others; IIRC the only time James did so last night was when expressing near-absolute frustration and irritation with Brandi’s behavior, and attempts by Marissa (and Omarosa? don’t remember) to write off Brandi’s rudeness to her drinking.

I mention all this because it points out an issue I have noticed (and have had to contend with myself) over the past several years: current society views gentlemanly behavior as a sign of weakness to be exploited.  Being a gentleman is commonly equated with being a pacifist, a doormat one can roll over without expectation of complaint, and that’s simply not true.  Many people believe this, though, and attempt to exploit polite behavior - pushing boundaries as hard as they can until the other person hits a sticking point, then loudly declaiming, “You aren’t a real gentleman!”  This, in my opinion, is bullshit.  It is also Brandi’s MO.

Thoughts?

Brandi has definitely been making jabs at James from the beginning. Now, yes, I agree that James can be a cocky egotistic ass sometimes. Yes, I do believe he can be somewhat narcissistic as well. However, I've also seen James treat other people fairly well. He vents, sure, and he bitches about Brandi, but I can't recall a time where he's gone over the line with his dislike of her. He's also been courteous to her face, even when she hasn't. They don't have to like each other in any way. That's fine if Brandi doesn't like James. Maybe he represents the age she wishes she could be, or the type of guy she used to date or whatever. Who knows why Brandi felt compelled to hate James right from the get go. 

James, from what I've seen, hasn't be rude about people unless they get on his nerves. He was great with Shannon until she started playing victim and started giving up. He's been tolerating Brandi until last night. Hell, he's only gotten into it with Omarosa a couple of times and he's still managed to be nice to her. Hell, he even tolerates Marissa, even when she's being extremely annoying. But he's also not fake like Ross and Marissa are, in that if James says something, he's typically meant it. He hasn't lied about his alliances that much (besides when being outright asked in front of everyone, where it makes sense to lie). He's done minimal lying, which has worked for him so far. 

Basically, Brandi has some insecurity issues to hate James this much, and I'm glad James isn't just tolerating it. Whatever reasons she has to hate James are her own reasons. She's just not a victim in this like she's trying to play it as.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Nashville said:

This is neither female nor male speak.  Both sexes do this.  Sure it can be a passive aggressive response but it is a lack of conflict resolution skills mainly.  I ran across this very often in my 40+ years of counseling groups and couples.  It rests in taking responsibly for your part in the conflict without placing shame or blame on anyone.  And when this is done, let go of the outcome.  Never seek right or wrong in any situation.  Truth is perception.    

Now James has frequently been direct, sometimes to the point of confrontational; he has frequently voiced disapproval of other HGs’ words/actions; and he has even delved into the sphere of snark on occasion - but by viewer standards, would any if you consider any of James’ behavior as other than that of a gentleman?

James is most decidedly a gentleman as is Mark.  'Speaking your truth' is a sign of maturity and confidence.  It is best not do this in a hurtful manner, of course.  I don't think James has stepped over this line.  There comes a time when the Brandies of the world do meet up with some fire though and that is expected. 

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

I mention all this because it points out an issue I have noticed (and have had to contend with myself) over the past several years: current society views gentlemanly behavior as a sign of weakness to be exploited.  Being a gentleman is commonly equated with being a pacifist, a doormat one can roll over without expectation of complaint, and that’s simply not true.

I disagree that society as *a whole* views gentlemanly behavior as weak.  Conversely it illustrates strength, confidence and intelligence. 

In certain cultures within our society, yes, of course.  I don't have to get into detail on that do I?  ;> 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

I remember thinking she was being incredibly rude to him very early on for no apparent reason.  It's like she went on the offensive for some reason but I'm not sure what that was.  From what I've seen he appears to be self-assured, but mature and not unintelligent.  

Brandi did herself no favors last night, both in the BB house and in regard to the viewing public.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, gunderda said:

I think a better option would be for them to move to a bigger studio spot so they had the house, permanent outdoor space and permanent competition space.

This. It'll never happen though. They're way too cheap. They won't even spring for cleaning the house in between seasons so it doesn't smell so bad or having an exterminator come in to help with the ant problem!

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

This. It'll never happen though. They're way too cheap. They won't even spring for cleaning the house in between seasons so it doesn't smell so bad or having an exterminator come in to help with the ant problem!

They redecorate but not clean it?  They would have to. 

Brandi has been rude since day one, but I wonder why she doesn't use this to her advantage. Compared to Omarosa, who hasn't really been that bad and hardly lied compared to the others, Brandi is the most abrasive one in the house. She should tell James that they should make a final two, since the only way he can win is if he takes her to the end. She should tell Mark this and everyone else, while Marissa or Ross is sitting next to her. (You know, if Ari wins the Veto)

4 hours ago, diana said:

Just tuned in for a minute and they keep cutting away I assume because Ross is going on (sarcastically) about not needing clean air or sunshine, etc. He has no problem bleeding from his nose and mouth daily, lol. But he said he woke up being a Negative Nancy and will complain no more today. They need to at least open some windows or something. Damn.

I feel for him. Dry air does the same thing to me. It was worse when I was younger, but I still get nose bleeds from time to time. It's especially fun getting them when people are around, since they freak out even though it's normal. BB really needs to let them outside and not the outside they have now, but the open air outside with sun and polluted air that we all love and cherish. I wonder if they're purposely keeping them away from outside because people might do something crazy, since these are all celebrities?

• Love 1

They redecorate but not clean it?  They would have to. 

I mean there's cleaning and then there's cleaning. They obviously do the barest of minimums. I'm also not personally convinced they do any cleaning at all. I would never underestimate how lazy and cheap they are!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

That's fine if Brandi doesn't like James. Maybe he represents the age she wishes she could be, or the type of guy she used to date or whatever. Who knows why Brandi felt compelled to hate James right from the get go. 

<snip>

Basically, Brandi has some insecurity issues to hate James this much, and I'm glad James isn't just tolerating it. Whatever reasons she has to hate James are her own reasons. She's just not a victim in this like she's trying to play it as.

I’ve never seen a single episode of RHWOBH, so Brandi was a total unknown to me - I had no preconceptions about her.  Over the course of the season, though, I’ve gathered several impressions:

1. Brandi places a lot of her self-esteem in how beautiful or desirable she feels she appears to others (witness her pre-sequester botox blitzkreig).  Hand-in-hand with this goes a general repudiation of the notion of looking or acting one’s age; Time is the enemy.
  2. I suspect Brandi came into the House (a) expecting to be regarded (or portrayed, at least) as one of the “hot chicks” - thereby validating her perceived beauty - and (b) hoping to be a participant in some showmance action - thereby validating her desirability.  Unfortunately for Brandi, she’s been disappointed on both points.
  3. Expectation 2a was dashed right from the get-go.  Age-wise, Brandi is not one of the “chicks” of the House - she’s one of the oldest, second only to Marissa.  And so far as any relative “hotness” goes, Brandi is sitting alongside Ariadna - a former Miss Universe runner-up, and an objectively beautiful woman almost half Brandi’s age.  Defeat on these factors had to be a massive blow to Brandi’s self-esteem.
  4. Brandi’s chances on 2b are pretty much quashed from the start as well.  4/5ths of the House’s male population is not an option; three are married men (Chuck, Metta, and Mark), and one is gay (Ross).  Unless Brandi wants to try starting something on national TV with a married man, her only unattached male showmance option is James.  And James is not only 18 years Brandi’s junior, he ain’t showing much interest - another sledgehammer to her self-esteem.  
  5. So Brandi does some preemptive jabs at James (so it’s her rejecting him first, before it can be the other way around, see everybody?), James responds with irritation and/or coolness - and we’re off to the races.

From Brandi’s point of view, this season was already pretty much a bust from the word Go; nothing to do but play BB games some of the time, sit around being bored to tears most of the time - and THINK, with few or no opportunities for distraction.  Some people are built to handle that, and some would even enjoy it - but some aren’t/won’t.  Throw into that mix some hefty doses of alcohol, a penchant for poor impulse control, and a history of being rewarded (both financially and attention-wise) for bad behavior - and none of Brandi’s acting-out behavior in this House is a surprise.

P. S.: Please don’t think I’m singling out Brandi; I’m not.  Part of my “fun” each season is mentally constructing psych profiles on everybody.  I just generally don’t take the time to write all of them down.  :)

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

Even if they did change the carpet, I bet the smell of Austin's sweaty bare feet have probably gone right into the subflooring. 

I say it every summer: burn that fucking house to the ground and start new. It's time.

I think it's the perfect time to just start fresh for BB20. Come on; you can't tell me that they can't afford to start fresh? Can they not scrounge up the money for a new house? A new layout where it doesn't look like they just left the house there for 8 months before prepping for the next year's houseguests. A better backyard and maybe better air quality for the inside. They're living in a house, not solitary confinement. Especially on those days where they can't go outside, they need some form of fresh air. Let them have one window in the kitchen to be able to open on those days. 

I mean, look at how much bigger the house feels with them opening up the typical Pandora's Box/Paris/Den of Temptation room! There's an extra room for them to go, and the house is a little less crowded and allows for more game talk. And that's just by having one extra thing! Plus, it's fresh and exciting. 

22 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

I'd say they should just do like The Bach or ANTM and rent a new mansion every few seasons and drive the people to the set for challenges but BB has this particular house set fitted with those hundreds of mics and cameras.  So they'd have to just build a new set.  They already redecorate this one annually, though, so they probably figure why bother.  It's a low budget, not particularly good, long in the tooth reality show.  There's no real need to pamper the casts.   

Plus they probably figure the feeds are more entertaining with more ants, smells, cabin fever, misery, etc.  

The Bachelor and Bachelorette have that same old ugly mansion every season.  When they leave it to travel we see them in different places. 

35 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Brandi places a lot of her self-esteem in how beautiful or desirable she feels she appears to others (witness her pre-sequester botox blitzkreig).  Hand-in-hand with this goes a general repudiation of the notion of looking or acting one’s age; Time is the enemy.

Oh yes.  She had a laser treatment on her face before she came in thus her applying cream and doing facials constantly.  She is a sad case.  I saw her on RHOBH and in the early seasons she was an outspoken beauty who I liked.   Her alcoholism progressed and her attitude became intolerable and her obsession with her looks drove her to do procedures she didn't need.  She is now thinner than she ever has been and that is too bad because she had a lovely slender figure a few years ago when I last saw her. 

Even way back in her early days she would say outrageous things but there was some truth to it.  Now she is just mean.  

• Love 4

I'm just looking forward to Sunday to see who makes it to F2, at this point. Speaking of Sunday, I just found out that I have to miss most of the last hour of it because I have to pick up a family member from the airport (he wasn't amused when I half jokingly asked if he could wait an hour for me). So I'm going to be counting on updates here as I'll at least get to read what happens when I'm at the airport. 

1 hour ago, Nashville said:

P. S.: Please don’t think I’m singling out Brandi; I’m not.  Part of my “fun” each season is mentally constructing psych profiles on everybody.  I just generally don’t take the time to write all of them down.  :)

Well now you have to, because I I love reading psych analysis of people.

(note, you don't have to, but it would be fun to read)

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I mean there's cleaning and then there's cleaning. They obviously do the barest of minimums. I'm also not personally convinced they do any cleaning at all. I would never underestimate how lazy and cheap they are!

CBS has been running this show on a stretched-tight shoestring since its inception; one of the reasons, I expect, they purposed an unused building on a CBS backlot to construct a “House” instead of buying or renting a real one.  BB was one of the earliest of the current wave of reality shows, and TPTB didn’t want to sink a lot of money into BB unless/until they knew it would turn a profit.

Of course... once it did start showing a profit, the bean counters were going to step in and put BB on a budget- and why spend more on a House when you already have one...?  :P

Feeds are back. It looks like Ari won veto.

Bye-bye Brandi.

ETA: Also sounds like it was Facemorph. Also, Mark can't put up Omarosa, which means Marissa should technically go on the block.

YES. Mark has confirmed that he's not giving them a chance to get out Omarosa. I LOVE smart players.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Nashville said:

Thoughts?

I think it's sad that being a gentleman is a dying art (at least where I live) because I never see the simple things that make such a big difference: opening the door for us ladies or even paying for a meal on a date! I don't know where guys are learning that it's OK to "have your date pay for 50% of the bill", but those publications/blogs need to be out of business! 

James is the only one I've seen actually act in a chivalrous manner. He is a gentleman, through and through. He's also full of himself and that's totally obvious, but he's not a bad guy. He's got every right to be irritated with Brandi. To avoid a collision (because they were both headed to the sliding glass door, he even stopped at the sliding glass door & let Brandi walk into the backyard first during BBAD.

I've noticed that he always makes sure ladies go first, literally stopping in his tracks for even something as simply as entering a room. 

I equate that behavior with one of a gentleman. 

As another poster mentioned, when he's got something to say, he says it and moves on. He doesn't linger over it. He was venting to Mark in the bathroom (during the most recent BBAD), but Mark was the one who went to "check on the kid" as he said to Marissa. It wasn't as if James sought Mark out because he wanted to vent. He probably vented to Mark because Mark asked about it and they've clearly established some type of friendship. James even told Mark if a peer was acting like a jerk to him, he'd call him out on it, but he knows better than to argue with a woman who is 18 years older than him (and drunk most of the time). He's got a sister and a niece, so he was most likely raised to be respectful of women. I give him credit though - he's got more self control than I do!

• Love 3

I want Ross to go up and then somehow get blindsided. Mark will put him up as a pawn, but then Ari/Omarosa team up spreading seeds of doubt on who is the better person to sit in the final with. Ross, who played the best game, or Brandi, the one everyone is annoyed with and can't win any comps?

Please let it happen. Please let it happen. If it does, then my support will go fully with Mark. He also has James as an ally, so he's set for the double eviction if James wins. Then they can get Brandi out then or Ari. Or even better Marissa. Imagine if they both leave the same night.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Nashville said:

I’ve never seen a single episode of RHWOBH, so Brandi was a total unknown to me - I had no preconceptions about her.  Over the course of the season, though, I’ve gathered several impressions:

1. Brandi places a lot of her self-esteem in how beautiful or desirable she feels she appears to others (witness her pre-sequester botox blitzkreig).  Hand-in-hand with this goes a general repudiation of the notion of looking or acting one’s age; Time is the enemy.
  2. I suspect Brandi came into the House (a) expecting to be regarded (or portrayed, at least) as one of the “hot chicks” - thereby validating her perceived beauty - and (b) hoping to be a participant in some showmance action - thereby validating her desirability.  Unfortunately for Brandi, she’s been disappointed on both points.
  3. Expectation 2a was dashed right from the get-go.  Age-wise, Brandi is not one of the “chicks” of the House - she’s one of the oldest, second only to Marissa.  And so far as any relative “hotness” goes, Brandi is sitting alongside Ariadna - a former Miss Universe runner-up, and an objectively beautiful woman almost half Brandi’s age.  Defeat on these factors had to be a massive blow to Brandi’s self-esteem.
  4. Brandi’s chances on 2b are pretty much quashed from the start as well.  4/5ths of the House’s male population is not an option; three are married men (Chuck, Metta, and Mark), and one is gay (Ross).  Unless Brandi wants to try starting something on national TV with a married man, her only unattached male showmance option is James.  And James is not only 18 years Brandi’s junior, he ain’t showing much interest - another sledgehammer to her self-esteem.  
  5. So Brandi does some preemptive jabs at James (so it’s her rejecting him first, before it can be the other way around, see everybody?), James responds with irritation and/or coolness - and we’re off to the races.

From Brandi’s point of view, this season was already pretty much a bust from the word Go; nothing to do but play BB games some of the time, sit around being bored to tears most of the time - and THINK, with few or no opportunities for distraction.  Some people are built to handle that, and some would even enjoy it - but some aren’t/won’t.  Throw into that mix some hefty doses of alcohol, a penchant for poor impulse control, and a history of being rewarded (both financially and attention-wise) for bad behavior - and none of Brandi’s acting-out behavior in this House is a surprise.

She did "Famously Single" on E! last summer and a had a fling with Calum Best, who was ten years her junior, but he also drank like a fish and she HATED HIM when he was drunk. 

Paging pot.....the kettle is waiting for you......

• Love 4

She was on CBB UK last year and was the 4th one voted off i think.  I didnt watch or keep up with it, but it appears that the Brits dont appreciate her level of bullshit..she needs to wake up, or Im afraid she may go off the deep end

lol James is going to try and hide the booze tonite

33 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Feeds are back. It looks like Ari won veto.

Bye-bye Brandi.

ETA: Also sounds like it was Facemorph. Also, Mark can't put up Omarosa, which means Marissa should technically go on the block.

YES. Mark has confirmed that he's not giving them a chance to get out Omarosa. I LOVE smart players.

I would love to see Marrisa go up in Ari's place and out. Never happen but it was fun typing it. 

• Love 6

I would love to see Marrisa go up in Ari's place and out. Never happen but it was fun typing it. 

He said he is putting Marissa up.

From Jokers: 6:38 PM Mark to James: I am nominating Marissa. ..... If you'd rather get Brandi out, it shouldn't be a problem. .... I'm going to tell Marissa tomorrow.

Edited by MsJamieDornan
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

He said he is putting Marissa up.

From Jokers: 6:38 PM Mark to James: I am nominating Marissa. ..... If you'd rather get Brandi out, it shouldn't be a problem. .... I'm going to tell Marissa tomorrow.

Oh yes I knew he would.  I just want her out. 

• Love 2

CBS has been running this show on a stretched-tight shoestring since its inception; one of the reasons, I expect, they purposed an unused building on a CBS backlot to construct a “House” instead of buying or renting a real one

I doubt they could easily, if at all, find a house to buy or rent with the attributes required for this type of production.  There are corridors and cameras behind the walls in addition to who knows what else.  Shows like The Batchelor are different from Big Brother.

• Love 3

Now that Mark is in a position where he can play openly, I think he is doing a great job as HOH. He knows his target, has a back up plan, had a plan for veto winner, etc.

Good job Mark. You surprised me. IN a good way.

Edited by missyb
  • Love 12
27 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

Really?  People like Shannon best?  All that overplaying and then playing the victim when it bit her in the ass?  Ugh.  

People without the feeds.

• Love 1

I wonder if Brandi will be disappointed,  upset, horrified with how she looKS on BBAD in the ouside area. The lighting shows the distortion in her face to a large degree.  She looks freakish. 

There is the possibility that those who overdo fillers are surrounded by others who have done the same so it is the new normal.  Could very well be.

4 minutes ago, slasherboy said:

Why is what's-her-name wearing plastic gloves?

She probably has them slathered with lotion. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Wings said:

I wonder if Brandi will be disappointed,  upset, horrified with how she looKS on BBAD in the ouside area.

Probably not, because nothing is her fault. She will just blame it on everyone else.

You know what I realized, I can listen to Marissa yap forever but I absolutely cant listen to Brandi screech when she's drunk.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

Really?  People like Shannon best?  All that overplaying and then playing the victim when it bit her in the ass?  Ugh.  

No way.  Shannon looked bad not only on the feeds but on the last couple of episodes she was in on TV too with her whiny crying sore loser persona in full mode.  Either Ross or James will probably get it.

And if any people out there are thinking that a vote for Shannon is a vote for elephants say then that would be dumb.  You want to save elephants you donate to a legit organization involved in wildlife protection.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Bridget said:

I think it's sad that being a gentleman is a dying art (at least where I live) because I never see the simple things that make such a big difference: opening the door for us ladies or even paying for a meal on a date! I don't know where guys are learning that it's OK to "have your date pay for 50% of the bill", but those publications/blogs need to be out of business! 

It’s difficult being a gentleman these days.  My wife says all her friends are jealous, and she hasn’t opened a car door in my presence for three decades and counting - but more and more, society at large seems to work on the “No good deed goes unpunished” premise.

Example: I was heading out of a downtown office building one day and I noticed a woman coming up behind me heading towards the same door - so as I walked through the door, I automatically stopped and held the door open for her.  For my effort at politeness I got a solid two minute tongue-lashing because I obviously thought she - and by extension the entire female gender - were frail flowers who needed the assistance of a man to get through life, that she was a strong, independent woman who didn’t need a man to open doors for her because she was perfectly capable of opening them for herself, that Neanderthal thinking like mine was one of the great obstacles women today had to strive to overcome, etc., etc. - you get the idea.

So I’m still standing there - primarily because I’m still holding the door and she still hasn’t gotten clear of it - until she finally steps clear of the door’s swing.  At which point I release the door and break into her diatribe by saying, “Excuse me, ma’am, I most sincerely beg your pardon for a total misunderstanding on my part.  I was raised to always hold open a door for a lady, so I’m certain you can understand my confusion.  Once again - a thousand apologies, and have a nice day.”

At which point I turned and walked away - but before I rounded the corner of the building, I snuck a look and saw she was still puzzling that’un out.  Wonder if she ever got it.  ;>

Behavior like that used to be the exception, but now it’s a lot closer to the rule - and that was in the South, where polite behavior is (at least marginally) more of a given.  I’m not even going to try describing what kind of flak I get in places like upstate New York.  Good on James, though, for making the effort.  

2 hours ago, ichbin said:

I doubt they could easily, if at all, find a house to buy or rent with the attributes required for this type of production.  There are corridors and cameras behind the walls in addition to who knows what else.  Shows like The Batchelor are different from Big Brother.

Oh, they’d have to buy a chunk of land and build to spec, no doubt - but imagine what kind of House that could be.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, Nashville said:

It’s difficult being a gentleman these days.  My wife says all her friends are jealous, and she hasn’t opened a car door in my presence for three decades and counting - but more and more, society at large seems to work on the “No good deed goes unpunished” premise.

Example: I was heading out of a downtown office building one day and I noticed a woman coming up behind me heading towards the same door - so as I walked through the door, I automatically stopped and held the door open for her.  For my effort at politeness I got a solid two minute tongue-lashing because I obviously thought she - and by extension the entire female gender - were frail flowers who needed the assistance of a man to get through life, that she was a strong, independent woman who didn’t need a man to open doors for her because she was perfectly capable of opening them for herself, that Neanderthal thinking like mine was one of the great obstacles women today had to strive to overcome, etc., etc. - you get the idea.

So I’m still standing there - primarily because I’m still holding the door and she still hasn’t gotten clear of it - until she finally steps clear of the door’s swing.  At which point I release the door and break into her diatribe by saying, “Excuse me, ma’am, I most sincerely beg your pardon for a total misunderstanding on my part.  I was raised to always hold open a door for a lady, so I’m certain you can understand my confusion.  Once again - a thousand apologies, and have a nice day.”

At which point I turned and walked away - but before I rounded the corner of the building, I snuck a look and saw she was still puzzling that’un out.  Wonder if she ever got it.  ;>

Behavior like that used to be the exception, but now it’s a lot closer to the rule - and that was in the South, where polite behavior is (at least marginally) more of a given.  I’m not even going to try describing what kind of flak I get in places like upstate New York.  Good on James, though, for making the effort.  

Oh, they’d have to buy a chunk of land and build to spec, no doubt - but imagine what kind of House that could be.

First of all, good on you for holding the door for that woman even though she was a total nimrod. Too bad she reacted that way. She's probably single and bitter because she wouldn't know a nice guy if he appeared right in front of her, gift wrapped with a bow!

I HATE those women who moan & groan about "being able to hold the door" because they ruin it for ladies who appreciate it, like me! Truly. I hate those women. When it comes to being a grown up and dating, half of the time I understand why a guy might be scared to open a door or act like a "gentleman"; they're afraid that they might get their heads ripped off because they probably dated some female relative of the lady who you held the door for! Shame on her! I always stop and say "thank you!" to anyone who does that for me. 

At the end of tonight's episode, during the closing credits, did anyone catch James held the door open for Omarosa as they were both headed into some room that had a door? 

I teach high school and surprisingly, the male students are very open about the struggles with their "love lives" with me. Many times they just want to vent, and I listen. A lot of their frustration stems from the fact that they don't feel appreciated by the girls they're interested in. (I am also teaching many of my students to use "please" and "thank you". I'm not even joking)

99% of the time, the boys complain/vent to me about that fact that the girls "complain" about being treated like a lady. That really makes me furious because there are so few teenagers that even know how to act and/or treat teachers, let alone girls they're interested in, and these young men are being crapped on for doing what they think is the right thing to do. They've grown up seeing their parents interact like that, so it's natural for a lot of them. I live in SoCal, so it's not like everyone's got manners, but there are some great parents who are raising great kids of both genders.

I always tell my male students that if a girl they're interested in never says "thank you" for the smallest things (holding her bag for her while she ties her shoes) or when they open the door for her or treating her to a meal/Starbucks/the movies (anything that costs money) and she's not appreciative at all, they need to drop those girls like a bad habit because they're not worth it.

I ask them "has she busted out with the whole 'I can do it myself' crap when you open the door/car door for her?" Them: "Yes." Me: "Ditch her. She's not grateful. Not worth it."

I'm that honest and frank about it.  Then I tell them what it's like dating as an adult (appropriately, of course) and how I've been on dates where I've been asked to split the bill or it's been dark out and my date didn't walk me to my car.

I want these nice young men to learn that if someone they're interested in doesn't understand that they're being chivalrous, then they won't know how to appreciate them, bottom line. I've been known to say: "Don't waste another minute of your time on her because she's not even worth it. Choose someone who will appreciate you and your kindness. You're too good for her."

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 6