Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

Marissa is upstairs in the HOH room.   Mark is downstairs with Brandi and Oma.  Ross went to the DR.

Mark was just talking about how often Marissa uses the word "like" -- she says "like" more than anyone he has ever known.

Mark also says that Marissa snores badly, but he can't bring it up to her.

• Love 3
Just now, mbaywife123 said:

Brandi doesn't quite yet have enough wine in her system to get her nasty mouth going off at random.

Give Brandi time - she just started.  ;)

Just now, mbaywife123 said:

I thought that the spot on her face was toothpaste covering a zit or possible Botox leakage.

Maybe it’s Brandi’s version of Marissa’s “HEY, LOOK AT THESE!!!”

• Love 1

Brandi is telling Mark -- AGAIN -- that she had a final 2 deal with Ross, but she is not going to vote for him to win if he makes it to the end, because she is taking it personally that he is keeping Marissa over her.

Mark tried to tell Brandi that Ross has had her back the whole time, and that he never campaigned against her, etc.  Mark says that Ross had her back more than anyone.   Brandi doesn't care.  She is not giving him her vote.

Now Brandi is complaining about James to Mark -- saying the same thing she ALWAYS says.  Blah blah blah... he's cocky... he's full of himself.... She tells Mark that he will see when he gets out of the house and watches the footage.

Who cares, Brandi?  No one cares!

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 3

Ok, Brandi’s “My opinion reflects that of everyone” schtick is getting old.

Mark, on the other hand, has one of the most courteous methods I’ve ever heard of telling someone they’re full of shit.

#GoGrootGo

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Nashville said:

Mark, on the other hand, has one of the most courteous methods I’ve ever heard of telling someone they’re full of shit.

Mark is winning major point scoring tonight by engaging Brandi in conversation but keeping it calm.

Everyone else is hiding out, can't say that I blame them based on Brandi's past drunken behavior.

• Love 4

This show is pretty entertaining, but it's really not Big Brother. It's sort of like an adjacent game. Like three-on-three basketball - still entertaining, but I'll always want to see the real thing. 

The real Big Brother annoys the shit out of me a lot, but I just respect the game aspect of it. You really can compare strategy in Season 10 to strategy in Season 16. I like the history of the game on that sense. 

These one-off versions are just too different, even though it's entertaining in their own way. 

• Love 4

I can’t believe that the HG I most appreciate is the same guy who fronts one of my absolute least favorite bands of all time...

Mark plays this game really well. I’ve only ever seen him be a cheese ball in Sugar Ray and a cheese ball on Extra, so I was not prepared for that.

Sugar Ray is playing in my area this summer... maybe I’ll go and hold a BB sign? LOL

• Love 10
26 minutes ago, Nashville said:

#GoGrootGo

Mark has impressed me with his ability to stand his ground, politely, and overall, even though this season has serious issues with timing, I'm really enjoying it. Even with the annoying HGs, I'm LOVING the lack of showmances and the fact that the HGs aren't going to be around long enough to get truly offensive. The last few seasons have kind of worn me out on BB.

I do think Ari is the frontrunner to get to the end and win, but I would like to see a Mark win just because. But either of them would be a decent end to the season. 

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 3

Sometime in the last week or two, I watched Morgan (winner of BBOTT) on an After Buzz show that recaps Celebrity BB, and I watched BB veteran Jason Roy as a guest on some random guy's podcast. 

I can't recall if it was Morgan or Jason who said it, but one of them said that they didn't think we'd be seeing another season of Big Brother Over the Top (unfortunately) at all -- they don't think it's coming back -- and they also were not sure how often we could really see a Celebrity BB, as it would probably cost CBS too much money to do Celeb BB every year, along with doing the real BB for 3 months in the summer.  

Whoever said it thought that if there were a Celeb BB every year, it would probably end up having some sort of negative effect on the real seasons of BB (cutbacks, maybe shorter seasons, etc.).

I think it was Jason who said that he can see a Celeb BB happening every few years, but not every year.

Personally, I like these supplemental seasons of BB in between the real seasons during the summer. I liked the one winter season that we got many years ago (the one with Sheila/Adam, James/Chelsea, Natalie/Matt), and I liked BBOTT in the fall 2 years ago.  And I am enjoying this Celeb BB winter edition.  So I'll be disappointed if we lose BBOTT as well as not getting another Celeb BB for a long time.  But I guess it might be the only way to keep the regular summer BB intact?

• Love 1

I'd like to see a shorter summer BB with age-wise similar people as Celebrity BB with many married TO AVOID the worst thing in the history of mankind's entertainment throughout the centuries ... the "showmance."  Maybe two shorter BBs a summer because I HATE how long the so-called "real" BB runs.  It moves sooooo slowly. 

Now that I've seen a faster -- if uneven -- paced version I want that all the time.  I don't think I can watch a three month version ever ever again after this version has totally spoiled me on how much fun and fast paced and more strategic and all BB could actually be. 

And more people, outside of the empty headed early 20's unemployed stiffs that all seem totally the same to me, could afford to take off work on a shorter season.  God the lack of age alone diversity makes "real" BB horrible for me.  More Chicken George and Danielle; less endless overgrown teeny boppers with no personality or interesting experiences under their belt.  Yes they have a token non-20 something or two but they are usually canon fodder because they are just tokens.  I want the older people running the house for a change.

Edited by green
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, green said:

I'd like to see a shorter summer BB with age-wise similar people as Celebrity BB with many married TO AVOID the worst thing in the history of mankind's entertainment throughout the centuries ... the "showmance."  Maybe two shorter BBs a summer because I HATE how long the so-called "real" BB runs.  It moves sooooo slowly. 

Total agreement on the showmance angle; to me, whatever questionable entertainment/drama value they add is more than offset by their negative impact on the involved players’ game strategies.

Now that I've seen a faster -- if uneven -- paced version I want that all the time.  I don't think I can watch a three month version ever ever again after this version has totally spoiled me on how much fun and fast paced and more strategic and all BB could actually be. 

I... dunno.  To me, comparing “regular” BB to Celebrity BB is sort of an apples-and-oranges comparison.  I like both in different ways, for different reasons - and keep in mind this is coming from someone who fully expected CBB to be an abject failure, a busted-ass sack of shit full of Q-list famewhores.

And more people, outside of the empty headed early 20's unemployed stiffs that all seem totally the same to me, could afford to take off work on a shorter season.  God the lack of age alone diversity makes "real" BB horrible for me.  More Chicken George and Danielle; less endless overgrown teeny boppers with no personality or interesting experiences under their belt.  Yes they have a token non-20 something or two but they are usually canon fodder because they are just tokens.  I want the older people running the house for a change.

Truth in so many ways.  Maturity elevates the total level of gameplay.

• Love 3

Thank you all for the recaps.  I downgraded my DIRECTV package for budget reasons yesterday and lost POP in the process.   Damn.  I should have waited 2 days.  It is my sleeping medication. Nothing much goes on especially with this group anyway.   

1 hour ago, Wings said:

Thank you all for the recaps.  I downgraded my DIRECTV package for budget reasons yesterday and lost POP in the process.   Damn.  I should have waited 2 days.  It is my sleeping medication. Nothing much goes on especially with this group anyway.   

Yeah, the last day or so has been awfully slow for some reason. I've been reading up on recaps, but not much has really happened. 

Well, tonight is DE. I expect it to go horribly wrong for ME, as it usually does. Let's see. B19 had a decent second DE (Raven ended up going, but it was madly predictable so not that interesting), though the first DE was predictable (Cody and Elena), BB18 had Bridgette go in the second half of the DE, and so on and so forth. None of the people I've really wanted out on DE have gone besides Raven, but even then there were others I also wanted gone more than her. So I fully expect either James or Omarosa to be going for tonight's DE, but likely James. I'd rather it was one of Ross or Marissa, but watch one of them win the DE HOH. 

Best case scenario is Marissa leaving tonight after Brandi. Worst case for me is James or Ari (I actually really like Ari). I'll accept an Omarosa eviction tonight as well. 

So I'm just going to prepare for a James eviction, not that it matters anyway since the season will be done in two days. I'm going back to my opinion of not caring who wins anymore. Brandi's leaving tonight, so that gets rid of the one person I really didn't want to see win. Anyone else would be acceptable. Marissa's likely not winning, unless she's against Ross and the girls stick to their girl power stuff, but her winning would be more annoying than downright hated. Ross winning would be somewhat deserved, as he would have lied and backstabbed so many people and if they voted for him, then good for them. Omarosa winning would be...an interesting comeback for her, to say the least. James winning would at least be entertaining from my standpoint, and the fact that he survived the first week. Mark winning would not be bad at all. Ari winning would be fine with me because she's been playing the game. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Katesus7 said:

As for the whole door issue, which is a thing, I don’t know what the hell to do. I always say ‘Thank You’ when a door is opened, because yes. But if there are double doors (which is quite common in my world), I always go to open the second door. Which, fine.  But you know what? There’s a long hallway leading to a door leading to my parking garage, and sometimes men hold it open for me when I’m really far away, and I feel a bit pissed about it, because I feel the need to rush. The door will still be there when I get there. I am actually quite capable of opening it. So yeah, I feel all sides, and sometimes do in a single day. Does that make me a feminist who is ruining everything? Oh well. 

This. This, this, this.

This had me rolling:

I need a gif of Mark's perpetual pissed off expression.

I just can't get over the fact that the idiots in charge couldn't figure out how to pace a fucking 19 day game. It's truly mind-boggling.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

This had me rolling:

I just can't get over the fact that the idiots in charge couldn't figure out how to pace a fucking 19 day game. It's truly mind-boggling.

Oh man, Mark just can't even with these people anymore. It's like he's feeling like the old person in the house....with a house filled with several 40 year olds, one 38 year old, and two 20 years old, the latter in which are way more mature. 

Mark's facial expressions this season alone make it worth the watch.

Seriously, though, five people in the finale is going to be a complete shitshow. They barely can handle a three person finale.

• Love 4

I agree, @green. I’ve been intrigued by how these HGs are actually concerned about what viewers want to see, and whether or not they’re being entertaining (especially during BBAD). Because they’re a bit more self aware than regular-season HGs, it makes them a bit more appealing. I don’t enjoy watching the regular season that much anymore because it’s boring showmances and people lying around in bed all day. 

I loved BB up until about Season 6. At that point things got overly, overly self conscious about alliances and showmances and manipulation and just overall (IMO) uninteresting and/or unappealing people. I’m not the biggest fan of most of the Celebrity Big Brother folks—but they’ve made this fun to watch. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, ivygirl said:

I can’t believe that the HG I most appreciate is the same guy who fronts one of my absolute least favorite bands of all time...

Mark plays this game really well. I’ve only ever seen him be a cheese ball in Sugar Ray and a cheese ball on Extra, so I was not prepared for that.

Sugar Ray is playing in my area this summer... maybe I’ll go and hold a BB sign? LOL

Just think. It could have been worse. It could have been Chad Kroeger instead.

Actually, I kinda wish it was. I have a whole slew of Nickelback jokes that only the husband gets to hear.

Also, don't go to a Sugar Ray show. Then you have to listen to Sugar Ray. (Although I've been told that their first album has some heavy, punk-y influences.)

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

This. This, this, this.

This had me rolling:

Well gee, Brandi, thank you - now I’m ALL confused as to who might be catching the vote tonight.  Did Marissa even bother to pack?

20 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Oh man, Mark just can't even with these people anymore. It's like he's feeling like the old person in the house....with a house filled with several 40 year olds, one 38 year old, and two 20 years old, the latter in which are way more mature. 

Mark's facial expressions this season alone make it worth the watch.

Mark does the best Dad faces in the game.

Seriously, though, five people in the finale is going to be a complete shitshow. They barely can handle a three person finale.

Yeah, this triple-eviction Finale is going to be SO much like fun, but different.  I can see the HG’s faces now, after making it all the way to the finale - then hearing Chenbot saying, “Ok, HGs - I’m thinking of a number from one to ten.  Your answers, please....”

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 7

It’s Brandi’s MO. When she was on Real Housewives, she’d do or say totally mean and obnoxious things and then do the same thing she did at the end: “It’s a joke! It’s funny! Have a sense of humor!”

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 2
Just now, Winston9-DT3 said:

What was Brandi's 'joke'?  And why does she think it's funny to drag people out of bed for a joke?  Does she have Aspergers or something? 

Brandi had them all thinking she was calling them in to the LR to read them a latest BB twist in the game.  The piece of paper she was guarding so zealously, though, wasn’t actually a communique from the DR - it was the instructions for her hair extensions.  Bad practical joke - but to give Brandi credit, she played it off well enough to have every other HG scared shitless.  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, ivygirl said:

It’s Brandi’s MO. When she was on Real Housewives, she’d do or say totally mean and obnoxious things and then do the same thing she did at the end: “Its a joke! It’s funny! Have a sense of humor!”

I really gotta watch the earlier seasons when she was on. Just promise me that it won't ruin my love for Lisa Vanderpump because seriously, that woman looks like Dynasty never went off the air in the 80s.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I really gotta watch the earlier seasons when she was on. Just promise me that it won't ruin my love for Lisa Vanderpump because seriously, that woman looks like Dynasty never went off the air in the 80s.

She and LVP are friends and then have some sort of falling out. If you want to see Brandi at her worst, it’s her later seasons that are the apex (nadir?) of that behavior. She faux-slaps LVP “as a joke.” Hahaha! So hilarious!

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Cherry Cola said:

Wow.  I would be totally pissed if she woke me up for a joke! If they were all awake, that's one thing.   

Just goes to show - again - Brandi was first in line when they were handing out empathy; too bad she held the door for everybody else.

And now I’ll just sit over here and let y’all wonder if the past couple of days’ discussion about opening doors was a buildup to THAT....  ;>

• Love 17
1 minute ago, ivygirl said:

She and LVP are friends and then have some sort of falling out. If you want to see Brandi at her worst, it’s her later seasons that are the apex (nadir?) of that behavior. She faux-slaps LVP “as a joke.” Hahaha! So hilarious!

That bitch!

I'm a recent convert. We got a free preview of the Canadian channel that shows all the Housewives shows and I marathoned BH for a month. I may have a little obsession now but I haven't gone back to watch the old ones. I was too busy getting into (Lack of) Panty-gate and Lisa Rinna's large Ziploc freezer bag of happy pills. Clearly I need to start from the beginning and learn my history.

Good thing we're getting like 10cm of snow today. I know what I'm doing...

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

That bitch!

I'm a recent convert. We got a free preview of the Canadian channel that shows all the Housewives shows and I marathoned BH for a month. I may have a little obsession now but I haven't gone back to watch the old ones. I was too busy getting into (Lack of) Panty-gate and Lisa Rinna's large Ziploc freezer bag of happy pills. Clearly I need to start from the beginning and learn my history.

Good thing we're getting like 10cm of snow today. I know what I'm doing...

Please join us in the RHOBH forums! 

I will admit. I thought Brandi would have been gone sooner than this. But otherwise her behavior has not surprised me in the least. Even the way that she blows up, then kisses up to people as she did last night.

She needs to borrow Ari’s Bible for a bit. LOL

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Just goes to show - again - Brandi was first in line when they were handing out empathy; too bad she held the door for everybody else.

And now I’ll just sit over here and let y’all wonder if the past couple of days’ discussion about opening doors was a buildup to THAT....  ;>

giphy.gif

Well played.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

Just promise me that it won't ruin my love for Lisa Vanderpump ...

I hate her, but that's more from the recent seasons so.

Who would James target if he got tonight's de hoh? Ari? I assume Ross/Marissa would target Omarosa and Ari would target James, but I'm not sure about James.

ETA: Since Julie didn't mention tomorrow's ep at all on Monday's live ep I assume it's a recap ep. A fucking recap ep in a 2 week season. Just. Wow.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

ETA: Since Julie didn't mention tomorrow's ep at all on Monday's live ep I assume it's a recap ep. A fucking recap ep in a 2 week season. Just. Wow.

I just said that to the husband this morning when he asked me about the remaining episodes. I was like, "Well, tonight is a two hour, we'll watch it at five. And then tomorrow... wait, on Saturday? Fuck me, it's a recap." It has to be. 

They're pointless in a summer season. I can't imagine three weeks worth of footage instead of three months can make it any better.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I hate her, but that's more from the recent seasons so.

Who would James target if he got tonight's de hoh? Ari? I assume Ross/Marissa would target Omarosa and Ari would target James, but I'm not sure about James.

Definitely Ari, if he's smart.  I think Ari and then Ross is his stiffest competition remaining.

• Love 1

FYI:

More

Even with 7 players left, Julie Chen confirmed on @EWlive that it will be a final 2 on Celebrity Big Brother & that final HOH will eliminate 2 people. #BBCeleb

4 replies12 retweets52 likes

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Callaphera said:

It will not ruin that love.  I still adore her!  And yes to the bold.  lol

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

I watched a few youtube clips last night. Ari annoys me.

She is living in a house of mirrors.  She cannot stop looking at her reflection and touching up her make up.   I find that a little much. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Wings said:

She is living in a house of mirrors.  She cannot stop looking at her reflection and touching up her make up.   I find that a little much. 

I think she is very pretty and really doesn't need all the makeup she piles on!

• Love 1

Yes.

And as we are coming to the end she has ramped up the flirting. She sure enjoys her chips in the evening. Watching her a Brandy eat last night was gross. Brandi's lips got in the way.

And when they want to play dumb games, she has said several times "lets pretend I'm pregnant"  what the hell is that about?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

What was Brandi's 'joke'?  And why does she think it's funny to drag people out of bed for a joke?  Does she have Aspergers or something? 

There wasn't one.  I don't think she is clever enough to make up a fake twist.  She just thought it was funny to get everyone in the living room thinking it was something.