Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Swear to god, I could watch Ari shoot pool all day long.  Or all night long, even.  I ain’t picky.

...and now Marissa and her mouth show up and ruin the entire ambiance.

STFU MARISSA!!!

Why the country FUCK is Marissa screaming at the top of her lungs about QUACKING...!?!?  

Is she just THAT fucking desperate to ensure hers is the only voice anybody can hear???

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STFU MARISSA!!!

OMG , I thought Mark wanted to strangle her when they were talking about the fish tank. It was rather belligerent , ala, drunk Brandi. Aggressive. I don't think she can help herself. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, jumper sage said:

I have always understood that production plays fast and loose with the "game" and I am convinced they are doing it in this season too.  There has been at least 2 comps where the camera's did not catch the winner - uh yea, not happening.

One of those too I assume is the put together the puzzle on the red carpet one.  I've seen a replay and you can clearly see Ross beating Omorosa to the buzzer.  It is just that Omorosa is in the foreground totally dominating your attention during the first viewing of it while Ross is like an ant in the background.  But if you look past Omorosa you can clearly see the ant buzz in first.

As for the Ross winning POV with the pictures, just bad camera work.  It was live.  The technical director or the console guy switching between cameras missed it is all.  It was a really fast competition with a half dozen players running all over the place after all.  By the time the technical director calling the TV shots for the live show said "Stand by Camera 13.  Cut to Camera 13" (or whatever number) by the time the console guy pressed Camera 13's switch to send it out live over the network Ross was probably in and out of the room already.

It again was done live and if the other players thought there was something shady going on they would be questioning same on live national TV.  (1) They didn't.  (2) No way production would have risked doing something shady and being caught what to speak of caught live.  Risk vs reward it would be a no brainer they wouldn't mess with it.  No way was that rigged.

PS:  So who won POV?  I've read above Omorosa or Marissa or hasn't happened yet.  I read in spoiler summary Ross won that too.

Edited by green
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, green said:

There are so many Z-Listers out their addicted to their imagined or long faded "fame" they would line up around the corner to get cast on a national TV show

I feel the same about this group. I think they lobbied hard to get on this show. And as we've seen, there are a few famewhores in this group and several hasbeens . 

Earlier, Ross was telling Ari that she better get ready because she will be famous when she leaves the house. Wishful thinking Ross. 

Edited by MsJamieDornan
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

Oma will be evicted early in tomorrow night's episode.

If that does NOT happen, I call Shenanigans!   I truly believe that the first "competition" was fixed.  Omarosa stood on a number (5?) and who knows which number was really chosen from the bag.  CBS needed her to stay for the entire series for "good TV."

• Love 9

Can someone please post a link that streams the live show tonight in EST?  Video Brother no longer does that.  A couple of sites do stream  it but in your own time zone, clearly for those who dropped their cable or satellite provider.  

Hulu Plus, which I have does for an extra $11.99 a month!  

There has to be a free site out there somewhere.  

4 hours ago, Former Nun said:

If that does NOT happen, I call Shenanigans!   I truly believe that the first "competition" was fixed.  Omarosa stood on a number (5?) and who knows which number was really chosen from the bag.  CBS needed her to stay for the entire series for "good TV."

Seeing as it IS the finale, I think they should be fine with letting her go at F4. Their new pet is Ross 100%. They kept Omarosa around for politics, but Ross is the one they've clearly been rooting for. 

Omarosa should be leaving at the top of the hour, then. And I suspect Ross will also win final HOH. People keep calling James a comp beast, but clearly it's Ross. 

Ross expressed to Mark how he knows he should be getting rid of Ari tomorrow night, but he keeps seeing Omarosa winning final HOH.

Also, Marissa has continuously said how grateful she would be to lose to everyone in the house. Great, we have another BB19 contestant on our hands. And she's supposed to be a fan of the show??

So, I guess an early congratulations Ross. Unless Ari wins final HOH, which would mean that she should technically drag Mark or Marissa with her to the finals so she can win. Ross or Ari are likely winning. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

You’ve probably thought of this but have you done a free trial of CBS All Access already?  If so, can you use a different email to do another?  

I have this and how I watch the feeds.  I am looking to see the TV show tonight as it airs on the east coast. I am in MT.

Edited by Wings
16 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

From Jokers:

This is why I don't like her ! Or Adriadna..

I like ari a lot

13 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Seeing as it IS the finale, I think they should be fine with letting her go at F4. Their new pet is Ross 100%. They kept Omarosa around for politics, but Ross is the one they've clearly been rooting for. 

Omarosa should be leaving at the top of the hour, then. And I suspect Ross will also win final HOH. People keep calling James a comp beast, but clearly it's Ross. 

Ross expressed to Mark how he knows he should be getting rid of Ari tomorrow night, but he keeps seeing Omarosa winning final HOH.

Also, Marissa has continuously said how grateful she would be to lose to everyone in the house. Great, we have another BB19 contestant on our hands. And she's supposed to be a fan of the show??

So, I guess an early congratulations Ross. Unless Ari wins final HOH, which would mean that she should technically drag Mark or Marissa with her to the finals so she can win. Ross or Ari are likely winning. 

I wanted ross to win at the beginning, but not anymore. He turned on too many people. He made too many promises. I hope ari wins.  And I voted for brandi, She gave the show some juice. Without Her it would have been boring. And I do hate James. He thinks he's everything.Like she would have a crush on him, puleeeeze!

6 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

I feel the same about this group. I think they lobbied hard to get on this show. And as we've seen, there are a few famewhores in this group and several hasbeens . 

Earlier, Ross was telling Ari that she better get ready because she will be famous when she leaves the house. Wishful thinking Ross. 

The biggest nobody to me was James. I never heard of him, and I hope I never do again. Are we might be somewhat famous because she's young and pretty. She could play A sister to that Colombian actress.

4 hours ago, katifantastico said:

This season's "Fuck you Nicole"

OMG YES!!!  That laugh. Grrrr

4 hours ago, Former Nun said:

If Omarosa wasn't lucky enough to win that competition and was the first to be evicted I'm pretty sure the next episode would have been a jury buyback.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Diana Berry said:

What is  up with Mark's chin?

I'm assuming it's a rug burn from the HOH comp he won.

Well, congrats to Ross on winning, I guess lol. The only way he loses now is if Ari wins final hoh and I think that's fairly unlikely. I don't think he played a good game, but he played hard and was a comp beast. And I don't actively hate his guts so he's better than like at least half of the regular show winners.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

Oh!  

I just realized you mean MST, not Montana, too, right?   I was thinking, “When did you move there?   And why?”  Lol

Lol and yes I should have said that. AZ doesn't do daylight savings time, we just stay the same.  That means we are MT in the winter and PT in summer. 

54 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm assuming it's a rug burn from the HOH comp he won.

I assumed toxic dye from the red carpet. Because that would be very Big Brother of them. In three years, we'll be talking about Mark McGrath's heartbreaking chin-ectomy and eating popcorn as he sues the producers. (I dunno, should I drink more or less coffee before I post in the mornings?)

56 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Well, congrats to Ross on winning, I guess lol. The only way he loses now is if Ari wins final hoh and I think that's fairly unlikely. I don't think he played a good game, but he played hard and was a comp beast. And I don't actively hate his guts so he's better than like at least half of the regular show winners.

I don't hate him. His DRs are fine unless he's voting. And he played a good game. Others played better but I mean, hey. At least it's not a Josh/Paul final again.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Very true. The first name I recognized was Mark's. Then I recognized Keshia's because I watched The Cosby Show with my mom as a kid. Then I recognized James' because I'm younger than the lot of you lovely people so his show wasn't one I watched, but one I recognized immediately. The third name I recognized was Omarosa's, but not because I'm into politics, but because her name has popped into the media a lot. And I also recognized Chuck's name, though I don't know how. 

Other than that, most of these people needed some research. Ari would have been someone I would have had no clue about if not for the whole Steve Harvey incident last year. Brandi's name was not recognizable, though Real Housewives was. Marissa's name wasn't recognizable in any way. Sad to say, even Ross' name didn't register with me. Shannon was not recognizable to me, although her face was due to Scary Movie. And Metta's name or rep would have never ever registered with me; it's the first time hearing anything about him. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

Very true. The first name I recognized was Mark's. Then I recognized Keshia's because I watched The Cosby Show with my mom as a kid. Then I recognized James' because I'm younger than the lot of you lovely people so his show wasn't one I watched, but one I recognized immediately. The third name I recognized was Omarosa's, but not because I'm into politics, but because her name has popped into the media a lot. And I also recognized Chuck's name, though I don't know how. 

Other than that, most of these people needed some research. Ari would have been someone I would have had no clue about if not for the whole Steve Harvey incident last year. Brandi's name was not recognizable, though Real Housewives was. Marissa's name wasn't recognizable in any way. Sad to say, even Ross' name didn't register with me. Shannon was not recognizable to me, although her face was due to Scary Movie. And Metta's name or rep would have never ever registered with me; it's the first time hearing anything about him. 

Heh. I knew almost all of them at first sight (except James). Although I didn't immediately go, "Hey, Chuck Liddell from UFC." I said, "Isn't that the guy that Johnny Drama got into a beef with on Entourage?" Because apparently, I can tie almost anything back to an episode of Entourage. 

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

I know, I’m in AZ, too.   It just never occurred to me watching in MST would bother anyone, seeing as I watch a few days later, and know the outcome usually from reading here.  I probably shouldn’t post.   I enjoy the discussion more than the show, though!   

I like to post along with everyone else.  I am a misplaced east coaster and not used to this and many other things out here.   I am having a hard time adjusting.   I read what everyone is posting before it comes on here so I don't get the thrill (if there ever is one) of watching as it unfolds.   Don't read the board until I have seen it, you might say.  I cannot do that.  I have a 5 year old inside who cannot delay gratification.  I have learned to live with her but it isn't a walk in the park.  :^)

ETA.  Where the fuck do you buy mangos, pineapple, coconuts and plantains out here?  I can even buy these in Massachusetts! 

Edited by Wings
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

I don't hate him. His DRs are fine unless he's voting. And he played a good game. Others played better but I mean, hey. At least it's not a Josh/Paul final again.

Holy cow. Wouldn’t it be just like CBS to drop Paul in the house again. I mean, he’s now a “celebrity,” right? ;)

4 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

Holy cow. Wouldn’t it be just like CBS to drop Paul in the house again. I mean, he’s now a “celebrity,” right? ;)

I'd like to think that back-to-back seasons of failure and public humiliation would be enough for him.

God knows it's one season more than we ever wanted.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Christi said:

Holy shit... CBS feeds website says feeds are over!

Its been real peeps!?

I don't see them announcing that.  I have the feeds up now and see a dog pen.  

ETA.  yep, I guess they are.  Took a minute for that to show up for me. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Christi said:

Holy shit... CBS feeds website says feeds are over!

Its been real peeps!?

I just noticed that a few minutes ago too!  Not even puppies or kittens anymore.  I wonder if they will air the post-finale house guest interviews that usually happen, or if those will be shown on Facebook or something.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Wings said:

Can someone please post a link that streams the live show tonight in EST?  Video Brother no longer does that.  A couple of sites do stream  it but in your own time zone, clearly for those who dropped their cable or satellite provider.  

Hulu Plus, which I have does for an extra $11.99 a month!  

There has to be a free site out there somewhere.  

@Wings,  Hamsterwatch.com provides some sites on the far left hand side. In reed it says east coast feeds and there are 4 numbers. Number 3 is video brother which I understand is no longer working ( but I keep trying). I advise extreme caution. The others are loaded with scary stuff. Do not click on anything ! Sometimes the feed will come in under all the crap. Hard to explain. Just very big caution !!!!!!!!

On another note, any of the people left would be good winers. All played the game to the end. I don't like Marissa, mainly because her ADD drive me up a wall. Neer, ever shuts up and talks all over everyone .

Ross and Omarosa have played the best games and most aggressive. Ross has never, ever gotten mean in his play and double dealings. I have to say, even though he has back stabbed and betrayed, he has done it with great aplomb. Never raised his voice, never diminished anyone. I can't he;p but like him. Would have loved to see more of him without Marissa as his side kick.

Good luck to all tonight, you entrained us almost every night.

• Love 3

Last night, Marissa was extra hyped up, for some reason.  I mean, we all know she talks a lot anyway, but this time she seemed to be worse than usual... and louder than usual, if that is possible.     I don't know if she drank a bunch of coffee, or if her nerves were getting to her, or what was going on.   

Now, to be clear, I can see that Marissa is likely a very good person with a big heart, and I think she is grateful for this experience because she is a fan of BB and she has made some new friends.  

But it is absolutely draining to listen to her.    She is unable to sit back and let someone else talk without interrupting, talking over people, or somehow interjecting her own thoughts and experiences.   For example, Mark might ask Ari or Ross a question and suddenly it's Marissa who is answering it.      She has a hard time waiting for her turn to talk in a conversation.

I know that everyone was trying to be as tolerant and as polite as they could, but it was easy to see that Omarosa was getting very tired of Marissa's endless talking, and Mark -- who seems to be one of the nicest, most patient, most decent guys -- was really over it.   If they'd been in the house for another month, or a full 3-month season, I don't know what would have happened.

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, missyb said:

@Wings,  Hamsterwatch.com provides some sites on the far left hand side. In reed it says east coast feeds and there are 4 numbers. Number 3 is video brother which I understand is no longer working ( but I keep trying). I advise extreme caution. The others are loaded with scary stuff. Do not click on anything ! Sometimes the feed will come in under all the crap. Hard to explain. Just very big caution !!!!!!!!

Thanks.  I don't think any will work for me.  The best contender says to download Adobe Flash to view.  I have that!  The other 2 are giving me grief, too.  It matters less for tonight but for this summer it is crucial.  :)  It is too expensive to move back to FL though I would love to, I am homesick. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Wings said:

Thanks.  I don't think any will work for me.  The best contender says to download Adobe Flash to view.  I have that!  The other 2 are giving me grief, too.  It matters less for tonight but for this summer it is crucial.  :)  It is too expensive to move back to FL though I would love to, I am homesick. 

I get it. They scare me to death. But occasionally it comes through. Too high rick though. IN the summer they have more options but same caution. And I have seem Video Brother come back working just fine. If I hear or fins anything, I'll let you know. Sometimes twitter will post something.

4 hours ago, antfitz said:

And I do hate James. He thinks he's everything.Like she would have a crush on him, puleeeeze!

I don't hate him, but he's pretty much a nonentity.  He IS pretty (that's all), and Brandi had his number from the get-go.  If she could stay away from alcohol, she might be able to have some sort of decent career.  She has insight; she's quick-witted...but she's her own worst enemy.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, missyb said:

I get it. They scare me to death. But occasionally it comes through. Too high rick though. IN the summer they have more options but same caution. And I have seem Video Brother come back working just fine. If I hear or fins anything, I'll let you know. Sometimes twitter will post something.

I will keep checking Video Brother but as of now it kicks you over to Hulu Plus.  

19 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

I mean, we all know she talks a lot anyway, but this time she seemed to be worse than usual... and louder than usual, if that is possible.     I don't know if she drank a bunch of coffee, or if her nerves were getting to her, or what was going on.   

It's probably a lifetime of neediness (wanting to be more popular, wanting to be pretty...thin like the other girls, wanting a showbiz career) that becomes desperation when she's overwhelmed.   Her husband and son must be SAINTS!

• Love 4

I think this is a decent group.  I did not like Shannon at all and Omarosa is well, Omarosa.  I just ignore her.   Marissa is obnoxious and Brandi is another one to ignore.  None of them pushed me to hate like Paul and Natalie Negroti did.  

I like all of the others, favorites being James, Ross and Mark.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 5

I agree with your favs, but I also really admire Shannon for her animal rights.  She is really walking the walk with her commitment.  Annoying and freaked out when everyone turned on her? Totally, but outside the house, I would much rather tour her sanctuary, then drink with Brandi, or like,  listen to Marissa, etc...

Never liked Brandi, same ole tired drunkenness from her...shes 45...her self perceived "sexy starlet" clock is ticking at 11:58.

Keisha, please...u left because if you didn't, BB would let your baby starve? Yeah okaaay, u and ur spawn were fine when u was on top guuurl..

same with Oma and her asmtha..."and the Emmy goes to"...not Oma, but the rest of the cast for not having a permanent side eye, and pretending to give a shit.

Meta...get the fuck out, you fucking lunatic..

Happy Finale Ya'all!?

Edited by Christi
  • Love 3

I went to sleep last night when the feeds were still on.   If I'm not mistaken, I think that Oma was trying to sleep because she felt sick.    BB would not turn out the lights in her room because Ari and Marissa were in the room with her.  So they eventually moved to a different bedroom so BB would turn out the lights for Oma.

I never heard Oma say exactly what was wrong -- was her asthma bothering her again?  Or was it something else?  Either way, one has to wonder if she would have felt sick if she had won POV.

Edited by TVFan17
6 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

I never heard Oma say exactly what was wrong -- was her asthma bothering her again?  Or was it something else?  Either way, one has to wonder if she would have felt sick if she had won POV.

Well, um,  she got her period. And so did Ari.    I'm horrified I know that.

Ari gave her advil.

Edited by MsJamieDornan
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Christi said:

I agree with your favs, but I also really admire Shannon for her animal rights.  She is really walking the walk with her commitment.  Annoying and freaked out when everyone turned on her? Totally, but outside the house, I would much rather tour her sanctuary, then drink with Brandi, or like,  listen to Marissa, etc...

Never liked Brandi, same ole tired drunkenness from her...shes 45...her self perceived "sexy starlet" clock is ticking at 11:58.

Keisha, please...u left because if you didn't, BB would let your baby starve? Yeah okaaay, u and ur spawn were fine when u was on top guuurl..

same with Oma and her asmtha..."and the Emmy goes to"...not Oma, but the rest of the cast for not having a permanent side eye, and pretending to give a shit.

Meta...get the fuck out, you fucking lunatic..

Happy Finale Ya'all!?

I agree.  Shannon is doing work I applaud but that didn't figure into her in the game for me, which is all I saw.  There was just something about her that didn't click with me.  

8 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

I went to sleep last night when the feeds were still on.   If I'm not mistaken, I think that Oma was trying to sleep because she felt sick.    BB would not turn out the lights in her room because Ari and Marissa were in the room with her.  So they eventually moved to a different bedroom so BB would turn out the lights for Oma.

I think she just wanted Marissa to stop talking and found a creative way to get the silence she craved without offending her.

Edited by Wings
  • Love 2

Thank you, everyone, for the entertaining updates.  

Want Shannon to win the fan fav.  She will do good with the winnings. 

Sad to see James go.  They should have gotten rid of Marissa instead.  Wouldn’t be surprised if she takes the whole thing.  

Watching Brandi is just sad.  She clearly has an alcohol problem that will ruin her.  I feel bad for her kids.  

I would like to see Mark win.   He’s played a good clean game.   And he’s just a nice.  

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

Want Shannon to win the fan fav.  She will do good with the winnings. 

She works with a saving rhinos organization, she doesn't personally fund them.  She may very well use that for herself and Simon to better their life in South Africa.  Nothing wrong with that!  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 1

I think the $$ would go to her charity..she said she does not use any money from the foundation to live on, pay for travel to speaking engagements etc.

I honestly believe that in her case, this charity IS her life.

Hell, she founded it with her ex husband and moved to South Africa to be there for it. 

Those pics have me in tears?.

http://www.animalavengers.com

Edited by Christi
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Christi said:

I don’t think Brandi’s age in and of itself is the issue. It’s her “tired drunkenness” and foul attitude that’s the problem. She could have been sexy still if she tamed her mouth and reined in the treatments. But she can’t literally be 25 again and maybe that’s what she’s trying to relive... and that’s not a good look. JMO

(To be fair I could almost say the same for Mark and the relive-my-youth platinum floppy hair, but he has the attitude of a grownup so I’ll let it slide.)

Edited by ivygirl
Clear, fair... similar in weather, different in making a point
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

I don’t think Brandi’s age in and of itself is the issue. It’s her “tired drunkenness” and foul attitude that’s the problem. She could have been sexy still if she tamed her mouth and reined in the treatments. But she can’t literally be 25 again and maybe that’s what she’s trying to relive... and that’s not a good look. JMO

(To be fair I could almost say the same for Mark and the relive-my-youth platinum floppy hair, but he has the attitude of a grownup so I’ll let it slide.)

What I meant by Brandi's time being up, is that she wont be able to keep up the facade of being cute/sexy/flirty party girl much longer, and she will just be seen as a mean, sad, middle aged drunk.  She has young children, so this makes it very sad.  I honestly wonder if there will be a custody battle at some point.

Mark on the other hand, seems to be a responsible father, and I only wish his hair would  flop lolol.  He was known as the grumpy old man in the house, so I dont see him as trying to hang on to his youth (hideous facelift aside, of course?).

Come on Mark, step away from the cement hair gel dude!

Edited by Christi

I am rooting for Ari and if she makes the final 2 I think she has a good chance of winning it all.

I don't think that it will affect the vote, but if Ari wins I think it will be probably the best PR story for the show as it will be seen as sort of a redress for the Miss Universe debacle.

I think Omarosa is a goner, and if she supports Ari, she could be a real power broker because I think that she will get Keshia, Chuck and perhaps Metta to vote for Ari.

I think her stiffest competition in a Final 2 is Mark.

I think (hope?) that Ross and Marissa, perhaps as a consequence of her partnership with Ross, lost favor with the jury with their over-playing.  If Shannon lost favor with the House Guests for overplaying, I can see the same chickens coming home to roost with them.

Edited by quinn

I never saw Ross as overplaying or back stabbing per se.  He wasn't going around trying to form multiple alliances right and left.  Rather people kept coming up to him wanting him to join them.  What could he say to them?  Sorry, I'm in another alliance that is plotting to get you out next?  He would then make himself a big target.

I think Ross just has a nice person vibe to him and so he just kind of attracted all these other houseguests to wanting to form an alliance with him.  I don't think he handled himself badly at all in that situation and did the best he could while dealing with his many courters.  It was a minefield he had to walk through and he at least has made it to the final four despite that minefield and the fact that Omorosa was all in Wiley Coyote mode going after him any time she could. 

Between his social game and his pulling out all these HOH and Veto wins when he had to have them I think he is by far the best player in the game despite having the handicap of everyone wanting him on their side and not being able to tell them no without getting himself evicted along the way.

Also thanks to all of you who posted from the live feeds.  I appreciate your effort and your humor both.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, green said:

I never saw Ross as overplaying or back stabbing per se.  He wasn't going around trying to form multiple alliances right and left.  Rather people kept coming up to him wanting him to join them.  What could he say to them?  Sorry, I'm in another alliance that is plotting to get you out next?  He would then make himself a big target.

I think Ross just has a nice person vibe to him and so he just kind of attracted all these other houseguests to wanting to form an alliance with him.  I don't think he handled himself badly at all in that situation and did the best he could while dealing with his many courters.  It was a minefield he had to walk through and he at least has made it to the final four despite that minefield and the fact that Omorosa was all in Wiley Coyote mode going after him any time she could. 

Between his social game and his pulling out all these HOH and Veto wins when he had to have them I think he is by far the best player in the game despite having the handicap of everyone wanting him on their side and not being able to tell them no without getting himself evicted along the way.

Also thanks to all of you who posted from the live feeds.  I appreciate your effort and your humor both.

Do I think Ross deserves to win? Yes. Do I think he was a good game player? Yes and no. Ross had a hand in lying and backstabbing people, I think, and he both took credit for it but also lied to pretend that he didn't. It's why each person evicted has been saying in interviews how they're rethinking voting for Ross (Shannon's still salty about being backstabbed, James said that he was finding out about Ross' lies and was reconsidering his vote, etc). They're discovering how much he actually lied, and jury management is what fucked Paul over, and that was with a sequestered jury. I think he has a good chance of winning still, but Ross did make some very major mistakes that could cost him the win. 

I think Ross' major issue was not owning his lies. I feel like he was too cowardice to really commit to it. Perhaps he was afraid of confronting people, but as he owned his role in bigger game moves in his DRs, he didn't own them to the specific people he lied to. Of course he hurt some feelings, and I think that he tried his best, but his emotions got in the way. I mean, he's done a better job than Marissa at this, but I think Ross' game moves have hindered him slightly. I think the jurors are more self aware and won't be as bitter as previous season jurors, but I think that if Ross doesn't win if he's in F2, there's a reason for that. 

That being said, most of the houseguests have been downright pleasant and nice, and it's great that there was only minimal shit talking with everyone. It's a nice break from everything that happened the last few seasons. Even in a shortened season, usually the shit talking happened in the first two weeks, so it's nice that it was mostly about gameplay (Brandi/James rivalry aside; and even then, their "fights" were more like arguments).

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I think Ross' major issue was not owning his lies.

But you don't own your lies until the final two if you make it that far.  Own them before and it will get you evicted.

If Shannon and James are all so bent out of shape they don't know how the game is played and are just sore losers.  You can't make it to the end without lying unless you are just a goat or tag along leecher type and they don't deserve the win.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, green said:

But you don't own your lies until the final two if you make it that far.  Own them before and it will get you evicted.

If Shannon and James are all so bent out of shape they don't know how the game is played and are just sore losers.  You can't make it to the end without lying unless you are just a goat or tag along leecher type and they don't deserve the win.

Not necessarily. You can own your lies the day of the eviction, to the person about to be evicted. It can be dangerous but it can also be the better strategy versus someone who waits until the end. Super chance-y, super backfire-y but a good player could work it right if they can be sincere in their "look, it's a game move but I have mad respect for you, which is why I'm telling you" moment. Works in both face to face conversations and goodbye messages (which is even more chance-y because then you're at the mercy of the editors). 

ETA: I admit, a lot of this depends on both people in the equation, which is why I think we don't see it that often. Also because the last few seasons have had real dumbasses.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 2