Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

And when they want to play dumb games, she has said several times "lets pretend I'm pregnant"  what the hell is that about?

I don't get this at all.  She is young so maybe it is a dream of hers to be pregnant so pretending sounds fun to her?  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, missyb said:

... final HOH will eliminate 2 people.

This is so stupid. I remain amazed that these idiots managed to fuck up the pacing of a 2 and a half week/13 episode season. 

Ultimately, I don't really care, but if I had to rank from who I'd most want to see win to who I'd least want to see win it'd probably be: Ari - Omarosa/James - Ross/Mark - Marissa. But none of them will be among my fave or least fave winners.

I wonder if the feeds are done now. Are they really going to do 2 HOHs, 2 veto comps, 2 veto ceremonies, 2 evictions, 3 parts of final HOH, the final eviction, and jury questioning/voting in 2 hours? Like how would that be possible? I figure at least the F5 HOH/veto/eviction will be done on Saturday and then cut down to air on Sunday maybe.

Edited by peachmangosteen
6 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I just said that to the husband this morning when he asked me about the remaining episodes. I was like, "Well, tonight is a two hour, we'll watch it at five. And then tomorrow... wait, on Saturday? Fuck me, it's a recap." It has to be. 

They're pointless in a summer season. I can't imagine three weeks worth of footage instead of three months can make it any better.

Well the Saturday recap should be the first Sunday HOH competition, the nominations AND the veto competitions (probably, due to tight Sunday schedule) so it should be pretty action packed too throwing in some strategy and paranoia scenes.  Omorosa may not even get in her White House Minute with all that going on.

Saturday should also have been an eviction as well leaving only 2 for Sunday.  Or make Sunday into a 3-hour all-nighter show.  Just 2 hours on Sunday will be insane and the audience won't have time to process, digest and enjoy (or not) all of it at once.

39 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

This is so stupid. I remain amazed that these idiots managed to fuck up the pacing of a 2 and a half week/13 episode season. 

Yep. The pacing and the quitting have just about ruined what could have been a surprisingly good thing.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, green said:

Well the Saturday recap should be the first Sunday HOH competition, the nominations AND the veto competitions (probably, due to tight Sunday schedule) so it should be pretty action packed too throwing in some strategy and paranoia scenes.  Omorosa may not even get in her White House Minute with all that going on.

Oh, don't anyone worry. They'll get in that White House segment, even if they have to cut something more important! 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Rough Draft said:

Yep. The pacing and the quitting have just about ruined what could have been a surprisingly good thing.

The show should probably pay them even if they quit. They probably banked on one or two quitters but them not paying if the HGs quit kept the HGs in to be voted out. If they just walked out, we then would have had two great evictions. So they should pay regardless if they quit or not. And to entice them to stay all the way, maybe offer to pay them the winnings and also donate same amount to their charity of choice. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, green said:

Saturday should also have been an eviction as well leaving only 2 for Sunday.  Or make Sunday into a 3-hour all-nighter show.  Just 2 hours on Sunday will be insane and the audience won't have time to process, digest and enjoy (or not) all of it at once.

57 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Oh, don't anyone worry. They'll get in that White House segment, even if they have to cut something more important! 

Hey, what a surprise! Julie just announced new! shocking! revelations! from Omarosa's time in the White House on the super special Saturday episode. LOL

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

Hey, what a surprise! Julie just announced new! shocking! revelations! from Omarosa's time in the White House on the super special Saturday episode. LOL

I guess I'll go to see Black Panther tomorrow night, after all!

• Love 2

In addition to White House talk, I think that tomorrow night's episode is also showing part of the HOH comp.   I am guessing that the HOH comp is happening tonight?  I'm not sure, but some of it is being shown tomorrow.

So, I wonder if CBS is keeping the feeds off for the rest of the season, or if the feeds will be back at some point tonight or tomorrow.  

• Love 1
Just now, TVFan17 said:

So, I wonder if CBS is keeping the feeds off for the rest of the season, or if the feeds will be back at some point tonight or tomorrow.  

I'm wondering too. Some people on jokers are saying they will be back after the west coast airing, but I'm not convinced it's true.

• Love 1
Just now, TVFan17 said:

In addition to White House talk, I think that tomorrow night's episode is also showing part of the HOH comp.   I am guessing that the HOH comp is happening tonight?  I'm not sure, but some of it is being shown tomorrow.

I think Julie said that they'll show the veto and eviction for F4 during the finale, but I assume it'll be like other seasons, where they only begin to show the HOH comp. Since they're not doing the three part HOH comp like they do for the finale, they have some time to fit in the eviction to F4. 

HOH has to be tonight. That's why they had the DE inside. Then, I THINK Julie said only the veto ceremony will be live? So likely the veto comp will be tomorrow. I'm going to double check on that fact.

1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm wondering too. Some people on jokers are saying they will be back after the west coast airing, but I'm not convinced it's true.

I think they'll come back. Since the F4 eviction is going to be live on Sunday and not like the SURPRISE eviction they usually do around F5, they'll turn the feeds back on. 

• Love 1

We usually get feeds back after both parts of the HoH until the last episode starts, don't we? (I never actually watch the feeds beyond F4. Way too boring.)

Not that it matters for this season. Still bitter about the lack of Zingbot and OTEV.

• Love 2

I've really missed Zingbot and OTEV too!   Even in a super short season such as this, there still should have been a way to work in one of those traditional BB elements!

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

I've really missed Zingbot and OTEV too!   Even in a super short season such as this, there still should have been a way to work in one of those traditional BB elements!

The HGs would agree with you, it appears; many were upset the other night when it came out (from the DR crew, I guess) that ZingBot wasn’t making an appearance. Sulking was involved.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Nashville said:

The HGs would agree with you, it appears; many were upset the other night when it came out (from the DR crew, I guess) that ZingBot wasn’t making an appearance. Sulking was involved.

It's a rite of BB passage to get zinged by Zingbot.  Celebrities would have made great Zingbot targets.  And OTEV is always fun, no matter who is doing the comp.

I echo the sentiments of others that it was nice to not have to see any showmances in this season.  I think that, in the early seasons of BB, when I was younger, I didn't mind seeing which house guests kind of partnered up and took a liking to each other.  However, over the many years and many seasons, the showmances have become increasingly annoying and distracting.  One terrible showmance (which did not last) was Shane and Danielle from BBOTT.   They had no shame, for the most part.   They had just met, and were already making plans for her to move to North Carolina (or wherever he was from) to be with him.    It was too much. 

I like seeing players who are a bit more mature, not interested in showmances, and just out to play the game.   Even the two youngest, most attractive, people in this Celeb season of BB -- James and Ari -- were not interested in a showmance.   That was refreshing.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

You're killing me here,

Sometimes we all need a good laugh !!!!h

(I started writing this earlier, when the above was posted, but...life. It turns out to be a fitting Big Brother Obituary. If it turns out I know someone who’s starred slept with Brandi, I guess I’ll be able to write a fitting closer-to-fame tribute to her, too. Edit: ^that I find out that I know someone who has... it seems unlikely that I, or anyone, doesn’t actually know at least one person who has).

Oh my god (oh my god, you guys!)*

So, I didn’t make it past the acoustic guitar faux-playing, but I got an epiphany out of it.

I am one of The Olds who’d never heard of James, and Big Time Rush didn’t really strike me as familiar either, although the idea of the Nick-Show-about-Kids-in-a-Band-Who-Later-Become-an-Actual-Successful(fsvo)-Band (of which I can never remember the name) DID, but I didn’t think much about it, as I figured that probably described half of their line-up. 

And, that’s because I had a former acting student who was cast—within I think weeks of his graduating and heading to Hollywood—in something that I’d describe identically.

At the time, I didn’t realize it was more than a glorified extra kinda role, as I assumed he was a little old for the Nickelodeon factory, but I knew he’d done a bunch of work with them when he was a ‘tween, and he was a damn good-looking kid (and actually immensely talented), so I figured he had an in and they gave him some older-brother extended guest-star gig or something. (I may be waaay off on my general assumptions on Nick programming; I just thought it both skewed younger and that they built their shows around actual kids that they could develop and then unleash onto the world at the peak of their mid-pubescent midnight feeding like the other Nick-grown Gremlins**, like the other one that has been one step removed from a Big Brother HG**, that, even while another network might prefer to cast an 18+-year-old (with the type of look younger girls will probably go ga-ga over but by no means would be mistaken for 14) as a young HSer just to save money/not deal with child labor and esp CA set laws (see: original recipe 90210, for example), Nick seemed to stick with younger ones as investments so they could own a piece of their future earnings). 

So I was floored a few years later when I found out he wasn’t just one of the main stars of this show, but that they’d gone on to become a band in their own right whom my more teeny-bopper middle schoolers were into (most would never admit to liking anything but hip-hop, so I had no sense of how big they really were or weren’t) and even more surprised to learn he’d married a pretty established actor.

All this to say: it was while being tortured by this video that the fact that, the other night, James mentioned during Question Time (Truth or Dare? Some game that always turns into the White House/Tony-Award-Winning/Replace-as-Relevant Glory Days Humble[ornot]brag Hour) that he started his BTR show when he was 17—also, much older than I’d expected—that the similarities between the descriptions of these shows-turned-boybands meant either I was wrong about Nick casting (and that their shows were even more clone-like than I’d thought),

OR

Occam’s Razor sez:

::smacks head, checks Wiki::

Ohmygod, yup, my little star was in (whatever the hell is) Big Time Rush with The James Maslow, the incredible talent featured above! Like, I am just one degree of separation from THAT level of talent?

I mean, I was pretty proud of this kid to begin with, but to know his cast-and band mate truly made it all the way to C-List Big Brother?

That’s like as cool as ... when half of the cast of (I don’t even remember what it was called, but one of the early Bachelor knock-offs, I think the gimmick was half the guys were cute and half...weren’t? Not sure; I’ve never watched any of those shows because people flaunting their heterosexuality goes against my morals and ethics; I don’t judge them but I don’t know why they can’t keep that stuff to themselves, like, why we gotta know about it?) were people I knew or knew of from where I grew up, because it was so low-budget that they did their entire casting at like three bars in the tri-state area. Yup: I’d say it’s precisely that level of cool.

*Sorry, shout out to my fellow theater nerds.

**a) Again, theater-nerd shout-out, but the only reason I knew of Arianna Grande at the time her brother was cast on BB was because of the musical Thirteen (and having heard of her Nick roots as a result) and b) please accept my apologies for triggering any repressed trauma from that dark time in our collective B.B. memory.

Note to self: learn not to write as much as Marissa talks. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Christi said:

Annnnyhoooo lolol, Im super bummed that James left, especially right after Brandi.  I thought he handled her with class....imagine Josh going after her with his pots and pans ?

I was disappointed that he had to go at all, especially before Marissa.  But at least he didn't go before Brandi!   At least he got to hold the door open for her as she walked out, rather than her slamming the door on him as he walked out.  lol

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 12

Glad he beat Brandi...but Im sure she is gloating so much right now..telling her friends she was right about him...blaaaagghhh

Glad they didnt show her goodbye message.

I honestly thought he was very poised, intelligent and well spoken...that surprised me and Im sorry to see him go 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

I wanted Ari gone. I'm tired of Ross hanging on her and her trying to flirt with the guys. And she was stupid to stick with Brandi.

I would have been OK with her leaving as well, but I knew it wasn't going to happen because everyone seems to not be that worried about her (and they should be).   She is not going to stay loyal to her remaining alliance (Marissa and Ross -- especially Ross), as I think she is going to partner up with Oma.

Ari was not wise to stick so closely to Brandi, who was a sinking ship.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

but I knew it wasn't going to happen because everyone seems to not be that worried about her (and they should be).

You're right, but they all have admitted that she would win if they were with her in the end. So, its strange they don't seem concerned about her.

TVFan, are the live feeds coming back ?

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Christi said:

Glad he beat Brandi...but Im sure she is gloating so much right now..telling her friends she was right about him...blaaaagghhh

Glad they didnt show her goodbye message.

I honestly thought he was very poised, intelligent and well spoken...that surprised me and Im sorry to see him go 

And I was sooooo tired of Brandi telling everyone how James is so cocky and how we are somehow missing out on seeing all of it.    The people who watch the feeds see it... and he is just not as bad as she says he is.   She antagonized him, so he was maybe a little more guarded and defensive with her.  But he really did not seem like a bad guy, and he always handled himself quite well in her presence, despite her behavior.

I began to wonder if Brandi was secretly just kind of disappointed that James wasn't lusting for her or under her spell.  Maybe she is used to being able to get whoever she wants -- I remember that Brandi hooked up with a very young guy on RHOBH at one point -- and if they don't lust for her, then she assumes they don't like her as a person, so she acts extra bitchy.  I don't know.  I am reading into it, trying to think of some underlying reason for being so resentful towards James, in particular.

I am glad that she got to see his excellent goodbye message, though!  

I was also sick of Brandi carrying on to anyone who would listen about how she and Ross had a final 2 deal.   That deal was long over, and she wasn't concerned with honoring it until she was on the block.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

You're right, but they all have admitted that she would win if they were with her in the end. So, its strange they don't seem concerned about her.

TVFan, are the live feeds coming back ?

They're not back yet.    I wonder if they might come back later tonight (in time for the Pop TV audience to tune in to BBAD).    The feeds are always kind of iffy in the final days of the BB seasons, but I certainly hope they don't keep the feeds down all night and all day tomorrow.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Oh, I'm sure she is! Each of the others will probably nominate her if they win. And, they should.  jmo

Well, Ross and Marissa are guaranteed to nominate Oma if either are to win HOH.   One week ago I'd have said that Ari would nominate Oma, but now I think Ari might nominate Mark and Ross, or Ross and Marissa (if Oma gets in her head and convinces her to). 

I don't know what Mark will do at this point.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

And I was sooooo tired of Brandi telling everyone how James is so cocky and how we are somehow missing out on seeing all of it.    The people who watch the feeds see it... and he is just not as bad as she says he is.   She antagonized him, so he was maybe a little more guarded and defensive with her.  But he really did not seem like a bad guy, and he always handled himself quite well in her presence, despite her behavior.  Because that's how drunks behave and have no awareness.

I began to wonder if Brandi was secretly just kind of disappointed that James wasn't lusting for her or under her spell.  Maybe she is used to being able to get whoever she wants -- I remember that Brandi hooked up with a very young guy on RHOBH at one point -- and if they don't lust for her, then she assumes they don't like her as a person, so she acts extra bitchy.  I don't know.  I am reading into it, trying to think of some underlying reason for being so resentful towards James, in particular.  She hasn't learned that most people are not owning up to being with her.  I find this hilarious.

I am glad that she got to see his excellent goodbye message, though!  

I was also sick of Brandi carrying on to anyone who would listen about how she and Ross had a final 2 deal.   That deal was long over, and she wasn't concerned with honoring it until she was on the block.  Right?

• Love 3

Well, if the feeds ever come back at all, and I have my doubts, it's either going to be overnight or during the day.   Now it's past midnight BB time, and still no feeds.  The feeds have been down since 9:30 a.m. or 10 a.m. yesterday (Friday).   I don't think CBS is in any rush to bring them back up.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I think Julie said that they'll show the veto and eviction for F4 during the finale, but I assume it'll be like other seasons, where they only begin to show the HOH comp. Since they're not doing the three part HOH comp like they do for the finale, they have some time to fit in the eviction to F4. 

HOH has to be tonight. That's why they had the DE inside. Then, I THINK Julie said only the veto ceremony will be live? So likely the veto comp will be tomorrow. I'm going to double check on that fact.

I think they'll come back. Since the F4 eviction is going to be live on Sunday and not like the SURPRISE eviction they usually do around F5, they'll turn the feeds back on. 

There will be no veto competition at final four from what I heard Julie say.  That the final HOH will nominate two people then evict them all in one move.  They will have total power.

What I don't recall is if the final 5 HOH winner will be banned from the HOH competition at final 4 or everyone will be allowed to compete.  If the former no one would want to win the final 5 HOH but would be way too scared NOT to win it.  Which would make things very interesting. 

But I'm guessing everyone can play for final 4 HOH including the final 5 HOH winner since it is the most super duper all powerful HOH ever and forever etc etc.

And yes you guys were right.  We will get Omorosa's Minute (or Minutes) Saturday along with final 5 HOH competition.  I kind of assume that this current HOH competition will be an endurance one since this is the last time they have time to have one of those.  It would also explain why no feeds yet if it is still going on.

So will Ross and Marissa be against Omorosa, Ari and Mark?  Or will Ari stay with Marissa at least if not the three hold together?  And Mark with Ross?  Or does Omorosa reel Mark in totally?  Omorosa should be the target everyone remaining could agree on as an easy vote which means she will probably survive.

Edited by green
  • Love 1

12:37 AM Sat Feb 24 by LiZinTeXaS

Ross is going to nom Ariadna and Omarosa with Ariadna not target if Omarosa wins veto Marissa goes up and if Omarosa votes out Marissa

Mark will not and Ross will break the tie.

Jokers say Ross won HOH

Edited by MsJamieDornan
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

I echo the sentiments of others that it was nice to not have to see any showmances in this season.  I think that, in the early seasons of BB, when I was younger, I didn't mind seeing which house guests kind of partnered up and took a liking to each other.  However, over the many years and many seasons, the showmances have become increasingly annoying and distracting. 

Totally with you on that.  I didn’t mind the early showmances so much; they appeared to develop organically, out of some degree of genuine affection - or horniness, take your pick.

Latter-day showmances, though, are just too friggin’ mercenary for words.

5 hours ago, methadonna said:

Note to self: learn not to write as much as Marissa talks. 

Too late.  Welcome to my world.  :>

• Love 3

Unless Omarosa wins veto, she goes. Ross has a 50-100% chance of F2. If he wins HoH he goes, Ari promised she would take him, Marissa has not said she would outright but it is highly likely and Mark wants to sit next to a boy over a girl.  So it looks like it will come down to Ari or Ross winning.

So, Ross won HOH, and he told Marissa the plan: nominate Omarosa/Ari to get Omarosa out. If Omarosa wins veto, Marissa goes up and Ari goes out. He's assuming that even if Omarosa votes out Marissa, Mark will vote out Ari and Ross will break the tie. Smart of Ross to not put Mark up. It makes his plan clear that he wants Mark besides him in F2, not any of the girls. He knows the girls will vote for the girl beside him. Which....probably. 

It's sad that my first thought when reading updates was about missing James because he would have beasted the endurance comp. I need to get myself together. The show's over tomorrow night!

I'd be quite content with Omarosa being evicted at the top of the hour tomorrow night, if only for us being spared a political question for F2. 

• Love 6

This can go a number of different ways.  We don’t often see this.  I am not sure who will bring who with them to F2.  If Omarosa makes it through tonight and wins the final HOH, who would she take?  Is there anyone she can beat? 

Marissa is so sure she can win against anyone It might be sort of satisfying to see that play out  with her taking second place if we cannot get rid of her in that final choosing. 

I didn’t see this mentioned and I don’t know if it was on a show or just the feeds.  Someone, Brandi I think, got testy with Marissa. She responded with, no one ever gets mad at me.  Something like that.  Jesus. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Wings said:

This can go a number of different ways.  We don’t often see this.  I am not sure who will bring who with them to F2.  If Omarosa makes it through tonight and wins the final HOH, who would she take?  Is there anyone she can beat? 

I think Omarosa might take Marissa or Mark if she wins. There's no way in hell she takes Ari or Ross, because she could easily lose against either of them. I think Omarosa would likely take Marissa, though. I don't think she wants any chance of a guy winning. 

12 minutes ago, Wings said:

Marissa is so sure she can win against anyone I would like to see that play out  with her taking second place.  

Well, Marissa's just an idiot because she likely loses against everyone, except maybe Mark. She has one win under her belt, but so does Mark. She might argue that it's only because James handed Mark the win, so then the problem for Marissa is talking about her social game. She's screwed over as many people as Ross has, but more blatantly. Shannon likely won't vote for Marissa in F2 because of her obnoxious DRs. James is voting for Mark. Ross would be a vote for Marissa, so at least there's that. Omarosa may or may not vote for Marissa if she wants to stick to this all girl power thing, which would be stupid but predictable since Omarosa is the one to bring up race constantly and then belittle anyone who threatened to target her or Keshia by calling them racists. Chuck might vote for Mark to win over Marissa simply because he seemed to like Mark more in his week in the house. Keshia may or may not vote with Omarosa. Metta's a big freaking wild card, but I think he's likely to vote for Mark. Brandi and Ari are two people who might vote for Marissa as well. 

So, from what I calculate:

Vote for Marissa= Ross, Omarosa, Keshia, Ari, Brandi
Vote for Mark= James, Shannon, Metta, Chuck

I think it would be close, but Marissa's best bet is against Mark; not that it's a guarantee that those votes above are exact, but it's more likely for Marissa to win against Mark. The only votes I'm sure about are Ross, James, probably Shannon, and Omarosa. However, she's parroted the Christmas mantra of laying on the ground for her alliance member's game, so she'll bring Ross and gladly lose. Meanwhile, Ross is clearly planning to take Mark and gladly dump Marissa to the wayside. 

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Wings said:

I didn’t see this mentioned and I don’t know if it was on a show or just the feeds.  Someone, Brandi I think, got testy with Marissa. She responded with, no one ever gets mad at me.  Something like that.  Jesus. 

It was, Brandi yelled at me, no one yells at me. For the entire twwo hours of lasts nights show she bugged the hell out of me. Never stopped moving talking. Seemed extremely nervous and it is something she just can't control.

I had been thinking most of this show wounding way people think they can't win against Marisa. Of all the players in the game, next to Brandi, she had done the least. She was Ross's buddy and friend to all. Every other person did something either winning events, making deals. She was just there and carried along. With brings me to this and I must say I am surprised: It is from another poster at another board.

Around 1:30 BB time, Ross talked to Mark alone. Ross wants Marissa out but he doesn't want to be the one to do it. He's been loyal to her but hes carried her as far as he can take her. He doesnt think he can beat her at the end. I think he made a final two with him. 

Then a half hour later he was alone with Ari making a final two deal with her. He says he doesn't think he could beat A ri at the end, but he just wants to be in the final two and he will be happy. He wants Omarossa out next.

• Love 1