Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E07: Birthday Fever

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

There is a gap between when one files for bankruptcy and when the debt is settled or judged by a court. If the case is complex (as I assume his was) this gap can be close to a year. It is more than likely that when he filed for bankruptcy he was still married and not separated, and when the case was adjudicated they had separated, making her the "estranged" wife. If his wife was smart, she had made the decision to run for the hills. Otherwise, he just flat out lied when he did the original filing. Maybe he is like T. Guidice? 

Nahh, they would have nailed his butt to the wall if he had done anything illegal, he even won when the bank went against him. He/first wife separated right after he filed. Oh, and she took their 3 kids and moved back to England! LOL

ETA, I am not sure how PK/Loretta (first wife) get along but he is close to their 3 kids.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Christi said:

Probably old news, but since Lissr brought this up:

https://pagesix.com/2017/08/25/dog-rescuer-who-sued-lisa-vanderpump-forced-to-shut-down-shelter/

The lawsuit against the Vanderpumps was thrown out last August, and the woman who sued them was forced to shut her business down (due to tax issues, not the Pumps).

The Pumps aint perfect for sure, but their dedication to rescue is really amazing, and I so admire that.  Now i only hope the rescue dogs from the now defunct Spot On rescue have found homes.  Its obvious the Pumps arent rescuing for the money...That Chinese Meat Festival is NO FUCKING JOKE...I am not strong enough to even look at pictures....the fact that they actually GO there to pull dogs and bring awareness speaks volumes to me??

The same woman tried to file a second lawsuit against Ken after she withdrew her first one. They weren't a legal charity, even though they told Lisa/Ken they were, which is why Lisa/Ken withdrew their support and then filed the second one, which was thrown out of court. They were scammers. 

• Love 5

Rewatching this episode:

1. Kyle said she got Storm,  (who looks to be a Great Pyrenees mix, I have 3...so super close to my heart?), from that now defunct rescue...Go Kyle for rescuing!! 

2. That  giant "Sears Portrait Studio" style boudoir photo of Jiggy is EVERYTHING!! (Behind Kyle and Lisa when they were talking) lolol

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, Christi said:

Rewatching this episode:

1. Kyle said she got Storm,  (who looks to be a Great Pyrenees mix, I have 3...so super close to my heart?), from that now defunct rescue...Go Kyle for rescuing!! 

2. That  giant "Sears Portrait Studio" style boudoir photo of Jiggy is EVERYTHING!! (Behind Kyle and Lisa when they were talking) lolol

Actually Storm is part Leonberger, part Saint Bernard, and part Newfoundland! We have had a Newf and also a GP, our Newf was all black and weighed 150 lbs. while our GP was huge, he was 190 lbs.! Gentle giants for sure.  

• Love 3

My first guess was Leonberger!! but they are so rare, i didnt think one would end up in rescue! I dont buy designer dogs, but they do a cross of Pyrenees and St. Bernards, and call them Saint Pyrs...unbelievably adorable??

• Love 3

As far as I've read, Loretta and PK were very much married and living in the same homes up until she moved back to England with the children.

The family was living in their California home when PK went on one of his "business" trips. This is when he hooked up with Dorit - in NY in 2011.

When Loretta left, PK moved to NY to continue schtupping Dorit

I wonder what the etiquette is for banging a married man.

they would have nailed his butt to the wall if he had done anything illegal

Yeah, because in the history of time, no guilty person has ever beat the legal system anywhere in the world.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, BBHN said:

I wonder what the etiquette is for banging a married man.

Yeah, because in the history of time, no guilty person has ever beat the legal system anywhere in the world.

Lets hope Dorit's timeline is correct, that PK/Loretta were separated/living apart when they hooked up. otherwise...shame on them. 

Yes, people do get away with breaking the law but there is no indication that PK did. 

• Love 3

Lets hope Dorit's timeline is correct, that PK/Loretta were separated/living apart when they hooked up. otherwise...shame on them. 

It looks just as likely that they weren't living apart/separated.

but there is no indication that PK did. 

There is enough there making things looking super shady as fuck.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

What you said above: Dorit said they were together since 2011 - so if he filed the BK papers August 2012 - she took up with a MARRIED and NOT SEPARATED MAN.

It sort of reminds me of a previous case...remember when Ivana was going through her process...in the middle of it her husband filed bankruptcy so he wouldn't have to pay her as much in the divorce settlement.

Makes me feel bad for the wife and kids - to have to deal with a deadbeat while said deadbeat continues to live the high life.

Actually PK was living in LA and Dorit in NY when they first met.  PK moved to NY six months later.  I don't think anyone has ever asserted PK was in an intact marriage when he met Dorit-he wasn't even  living in NY.

When Dorit and PK first met back in 2011, she was living in New York City while working as a fashion designer and he was living in Los Angeles, but traveled to New York City frequently for business. When PK first asked Dorit out, she declined and was supposed to head to Hong Kong for work the following day. “He asked me to postpone my flight,” said Dorit, and she wasn’t going to, but changed her mind at the last minute after her grandmother said something to her about it. Their first date was to the Broadway musical Jersey Boys. “We went out and have been inseparable from that first night.” Six months after their first date, PK moved to New York.

I think living an ocean apart qualifies as separated.  The ex wife does quite well for herself. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Christi said:

My first guess was Leonberger!! but they are so rare, i didnt think one would end up in rescue! I dont buy designer dogs, but they do a cross of Pyrenees and St. Bernards, and call them Saint Pyrs...unbelievably adorable??

I think your first guess was correct.  It could be a Leonberger owner accidentally bred with a non Leonberger and just got rid of the puppies.  As a Great Pyr owner, I don't see any Pyr in Storm, as mine is pretty much all white and I haven't experienced the wailing Storm did while being groomed.  I wondered if it was a Leonberger trait.   The dog is still pretty young-Kyle got her as a puppy in December of 2016.  Who knows what she will grow up to be.

• Love 2

When Dorit and PK first met back in 2011, she was living in New York City while working as a fashion designer and he was living in Los Angeles, but traveled to New York City frequently for business. When PK first asked Dorit out, she declined and was supposed to head to Hong Kong for work the following day. “He asked me to postpone my flight,” said Dorit, and she wasn’t going to, but changed her mind at the last minute after her grandmother said something to her about it. Their first date was to the Broadway musical Jersey Boys. “We went out and have been inseparable from that first night.” Six months after their first date, PK moved to New York.

So he could have been still married while boinking Dorit on trips to NYC...

• Love 5
2 hours ago, BBHN said:

So he could have been still married while boinking Dorit on trips to NYC...

He was married, his bankruptcy papers from August 21, 2012.

Question: Are you, or in the last five years have you been, involved in proceedings for divorce, separation or the dissolution of a civil partnership?

His answer is checked off as NO

He wasn't legally separated, nor was he in the process of divorce from August 21, 2007 through August 21, 2012.

His court filings weren't amended when the judge ruled in March 2013.

If Dorit and PK met in 2011 - she was schtupping a married not even separated man from 2011 to 2013.

Did you notice in this episode and previous episodes - Dorit loses her Shittish accent

• Love 8
13 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I wonder how the dynamic recovers between Dorit and Kyle. It seems like one of the storylines this season will be LVP being jealous of Kyle's friendship with Dorit. Based on this past episode, Dorit and Kyle were snappy at each other (it was Dorit's fault) so they must have gotten over this at some point.

I don't think it's so much jealousy on LVP as it is being overtly excluded.

When Kyle pulled the same move with Taylor, I think it really hurt and freaked LVP the fuck out. It was very childish the way Taylor and Kyle would hold each others hands, whisper and tell LVP she was Peanut Butter and Jelly...Oh I think someone is Jelly. Sometimes it seemed fun and silly - but there was an underlying tone of mean from Kyle.

That started a series of events of nastiness between LVP and Kyle.

I think that's what LVP is afraid of. It started with Dorit telling LVP that Kyle was sobbing about her sisters, it continued with Dorit saying she and Kyle were BFF's.

• Love 5

Dorit looked so much better in the second dress, the black sequined one shoulder,. she wore that evening.  Those boobs are utterly ridiculous.

LVP's charitable work with dogs is beyond reproach, in my opinion.  One may not agree with her priorities but she certainly puts her money where her mouth is.  Owning & running a shelter are about as hands on as you can get.  

• Love 17
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

When Kyle pulled the same move with Taylor, I think it really hurt and freaked LVP the fuck out. It was very childish the way Taylor and Kyle would hold each others hands, whisper and tell LVP she was Peanut Butter and Jelly...Oh I think someone is Jelly. Sometimes it seemed fun and silly - but there was an underlying tone of mean from Kyle.

I think that's what LVP is afraid of. It started with Dorit telling LVP that Kyle was sobbing about her sisters, it continued with Dorit saying she and Kyle were BFF's.

I agree with you. And I think Lisa is not comfortable being in the number two spot, evah. 

Kyle does have a bit of a mean streak; in her THs she always delivers it with a laugh and a smile and a veneer of non-judgmental understanding or something, so she gets away with saying things that others probably wouldn't. She's really good at it.  I do find it hard to believe that her sisters' main gripe with her is her success -- I've never seen a family relationship problem that is that cut and dried.  When she talked about that last epi I though she was working it hard, so sad that her sisters can't be happy for her. Bish please.  

(She did mention something that suggested they had a problem with the way she'll portray their mom and childhoods, but I felt that was not her main focus, more brought up as an aside). 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Jel said:

I agree with you. And I think Lisa is not comfortable being in the number two spot, evah. 

Kyle does have a bit of a mean streak; in her THs she always delivers it with a laugh and a smile and a veneer of non-judgmental understanding or something, so she gets away with saying things that others probably wouldn't. She's really good at it.  I do find it hard to believe that her sisters' main gripe with her is her success -- I've never seen a family relationship problem that is that cut and dried.  When she talked about that last epi I though she was working it hard, so sad that her sisters can't be happy for her. Bish please.  

(She did mention something that suggested they had a problem with the way she'll portray their mom and childhoods, but I felt that was not her main focus, more brought up as an aside). 

LVP's hands aren't clean either. She does the exact same thing. She also uses the I'm British and it's our humor that you Americans just don't understand excuse.

Both Kyle and LVP are veterans on this show. They are both very AWARE of the cameras and think about what they say and how it may affect their businesses.

I think they both can hold a grudge to infinity and beyond.

The Bobby Fisher comment still bothers LVP.

The comment about Mauricio done in front of Portia still bothers Kyle.

As for Kyle and her show - she needs to pick a lane is it this is a show based on my childhood or this is a story I came up with and the only similarity is a single momager/daughter relationship. I cracked up the first time Bravo showed them shooting a scene for her show. The father character was snorting coke, but Kyle has no idea what that is even though her friend Faye had a serious problem and she herself went to Studio 54 on the regular as a Tween

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

LVP's hands aren't clean either. She does the exact same thing. She also uses the I'm British and it's our humor that you Americans just don't understand excuse.

Both Kyle and LVP are veterans on this show. They are both very AWARE of the cameras and think about what they say and how it may affect their businesses.

I think they both can hold a grudge to infinity and beyond.

The Bobby Fisher comment still bothers LVP.

The comment about Mauricio done in front of Portia still bothers Kyle.

As for Kyle and her show - she needs to pick a lane is it this is a show based on my childhood or this is a story I came up with and the only similarity is a single momager/daughter relationship. I cracked up the first time Bravo showed them shooting a scene for her show. The father character was snorting coke, but Kyle has no idea what that is even though her friend Faye had a serious problem and she herself went to Studio 54 on the regular as a Tween

LVP doesn't get away with it around here. (When I said Kyle gets away with it, I meant here.) There has been lots of discussion at PTV about her British humor that I can recall, but not much about Kyle's particular brand.  

Kyle not knowing what cocaine is .... lolwut

(I don't know about the grudge holding...imma need a definition of "grudge" I think.  )

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Jel said:

LVP doesn't get away with it around here. (When I said Kyle gets away with it, I meant here.) There has been lots of discussion at PTV about her British humor that I can recall, but not much about Kyle's particular brand.  

Kyle not knowing what cocaine is .... lolwut

(I don't know about the grudge holding...imma need a definition of "grudge" I think.  )

I think I've called Kyle out on her behavior on the boards. Like the Teddi shouldn't be taking about someone's alcohol intake when she herself outed Kim's alcoholism on National TV. I will agree Kyle gets called out more for her fashion choices than her behavior - and not only on this board but on Blogs and Podcasts.

Psssst...what's lolwut? Laugh out loud....

• Love 3

So I finally saw the episode and first, omg Dorit's boobs in the dress she wore when they first got onto the boat... My boobs hurt looking at them. They don't look comfortable at all. 

Second, I'm not a PK fan but damn it, he made me tear up when he got emotional seeing his family on the boat. I can only take so much. 

Third, if Teddi doesn't care about something, she shouldn't talk about it ad nauseam. With that said, Dorit is a pretentious ass. 

Finally, I loved Erika's suit on the boat. I wish I could get away with wearing all white.

Bring on the beach house drama!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

I think I've called Kyle out on her behavior on the boards. Like the Teddi shouldn't be taking about someone's alcohol intake when she herself outed Kim's alcoholism on National TV. I will agree Kyle gets called out more for her fashion choices than her behavior - and not only on this board but on Blogs and Podcasts.

Psssst...what's lolwut? Laugh out loud....

I think viewers sometimes notice and comment on Kyle's behavior, (you have) but I rarely see her getting busted specifically for her unique brand of "British humor". Lisa does, but Lisa uses "It's British humor!" as a defense, so she invites comment there. Kyle uses the same type of shot-haha-jab-haha joking, but very few people (that I can see) ever remark on that. Maybe because she doesn't ever use "It's my American humor" as a defense, shrug. I don't know why.  I told you Kyle was good at it!

lolwut = laughing while incredulous  (at the idea that Kyle doesn't know what cocaine is. If I had to guess, I'd guess she's known what it is for a long time. Don't know if she imbibes, but not knowing what it is? Ridic).

Edited by Jel
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Actually PK was living in LA and Dorit in NY when they first met.  PK moved to NY six months later.  I don't think anyone has ever asserted PK was in an intact marriage when he met Dorit-he wasn't even  living in NY.

I think living an ocean apart qualifies as separated.  The ex wife does quite well for herself. 

I am not sure that anyone is completely clear on where PK was living and when he was living there. I have read many different things. And quite frankly, I believe nothing that comes out of the mouths of PK or Dorit. 

The below is from an article that was written by a lawyer in 2013 about the case. It was apparently of interest because it involved legal proceedings that crossed country borders. I mention it was written in 2013 because that was long before PK and/or Dorit were doing press for this show and trying to clean things up. This from the article:

Paul Kemsley (“K”) was a British high - net - worth individual whose businesses in England had collapsed in 2009. One of his creditors was Barclays Bank PLC (“Barclays”), which had given K an unsecured loan. After the businesses failed, K and his family moved first to Florida and then to New York City. In 2012, the couple became estranged, and in June of that year, K’s wife and family returned to the UK while K remained in the US. K was declared bankrupt in the UK in March 2012. The UK court determined that K’s COMI (under the EC Insolvency Regulation, Council regulation (EC) No 1346/2000 of 29 May 2000) was in the UK because K was physically present in England at the time of the bankruptcy filing and because he resided there within three years of the presentation of the petition. K was discharged from his bankruptcy one year after the filing, in March 2013, and all debts, inc luding the loan from Barclays, were also discharged.

For me, the whole thing is kind of "meh". Yes, it seems obvious the guy was at the very least still married when he took up with Dorit. That is really all we know. Some have mentioned Bethenny in this discussion and her own involvement with a married/separated guy. I cannot stand PK, but I feel the same way about his deal that I do with Bethenny and her deal. We have zero idea what the situation in either marriage was. What the expectations and understanding were of each spouse. Maybe the spouse in both instance had a bevy of lovers on their end as well and this was just all very "per usual". Marriages, separations, and divorces can be very complex. There are many legal, emotional and financial issues that can come into play. Since we don't know the whole story, we don't really know what was going on. Not that there are not a million other reasons to dislike PK and his shady self.  

http://www.jonesday.com/files/Publication/6c2da73a-c7f4-42c1-ad9f-fa776ace303d/Presentation/PublicationAttachment/6e51769b-6233-4b6d-a3b5-fe5c1a1e0b5e/COMI Cross-Border BRR September_October 2013.pdf

• Love 8
4 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Hopefully there's some resolution before the end of the season because of all the franchises, LVP and Kyle on good terms is one of the better parts for me where it can be lighthearted and fun in the backdrop of glitz and glamour that is Beverly Hills. To me that is what this franchise was intended to be until they realized what they can do with more manufactured drama.

• Love 10
57 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Hopefully there's some resolution before the end of the season because of all the franchises, LVP and Kyle on good terms is one of the better parts for me where it can be lighthearted and fun in the backdrop of glitz and glamour that is Beverly Hills. To me that is what this franchise was intended to be until they realized what they can do with more manufactured drama.

That lighthearted fun is what I enjoy most too.  

As far as the bolded, it seems that most of the franchises started off with that intention, but somethting always happens that they don't anticipate and/or someone reacts in an unexpected manner (Kyle vs Camille, Danielle Staub vs everyone,...). The fun ends, teams are formed, grudges are held, and spiteful childish behavior ensues.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

That lighthearted fun is what I enjoy most too.  

As far as the bolded, it seems that most of the franchises started off with that intention, but somethting always happens that they don't anticipate and/or someone reacts in an unexpected manner (Kyle vs Camille, Danielle Staub vs everyone,...). The fun ends, teams are formed, grudges are held, and spiteful childish behavior ensues.

True but there are not many real friendships on any of the HW shows, across the entire franchise, anymore. Most are faux friendships that end as soon as the cameras turn off at the end of filming. LOL

• Love 4
On 2/1/2018 at 2:59 PM, yourmomiseasy said:

If everyone just pops into Ralph's for a crudite or cheese platter or a cake that's a seriously shitty potluck.  There was a party in previous seasons that was like that and everyone talked mad shit (maybe Dana/Pam's game night?  Erika also had a party w/o food, but that's not what I'm thinking of.  I'm thinking of one that specifically had just cheese & crackers and crudite etc.  not even a hot app, and everyone got shit faced and fought and blamed it on the lack of available food).  Also, is there really a lot of community and camaraderie in everyone plopping down a premade platter from Ralph's?  If that's all that's going on, I'd rather just have someone else pick my platter up and give them the money since it'd be more efficient.  In my opinion, Teddi's potluck is a shitty idea due to logistics.  She's in LA.  In LA the colloquial understanding of a potluck is everyone brings a dish and combined those dishes make a meal, not there's a lot of pots and you take what's in them or it's a girls night or anything else.  She should also be familiar with how long it takes to get from LA/BH to her house in Dana Point and understand both food safety and even just the food not being so great after it has traveled in the car for so long.   Also what to bring is apparently left pretty much up in the air.  There are only a few people going.  What if they all bring cake?  Is it a Teddi's grilling and everyone else bring sides kind of deal? 

On 2/1/2018 at 5:49 PM, bravofan27 said:

Nowadays, I feel like potlucks are disguised as, "please bring a dish to share" or something, instead of saying it's a potluck. I grew up with school and church potlucks which involved picnic tables lined up in long rolls, packed with all kinds of casseroles, sloppy joes and buns, homemade chip and veggie dip, and LOTS of pasta salad. 

Kim would have been perfect for the potluck episode. 

On 2/1/2018 at 7:57 PM, diadochokinesis said:

Maybe it is because I’m Southern (and Methodist) but dude, potlucks with a 2-3 hour window of getting the food there is EASY.  We had a potluck after work once so you had to bring in the food at 8 am but nobody consumed until around 4 pm.  You just choose your food dishes wisely.  Meatballs are always a good option as is mac  and cheese. Avoid a potato salad unless you pack it in a cooler.  If I have a chance to pick up something on the way, I’m bringing some fried chicken and I will replate it.  

I’m late to the potluck—how RUDE!—and I’ll concur that my California potlucks are of the “bring something to share” variety. I love potlucks and I love bringing stuff to potlucks. And I, too have a go-to recipe: Giada’s Antipasto Salad, minus the mustard. Or dessert.

Anyhoo, give that these women don’t frequent events of this nature, Teddi would have done well to give them sort-of generic assignments (“I’m making the main dish. Kyle and LVP, bring a side dish; Erika, bring a green salad; Dorit, bring the booze and proper glassware; and Rinna, bring one of HarryHamlin’s pies; I hear they’re awesome”). Otherwise they’re gonna bring random stuff. Case in point: I went to a gathering with a potluck meal. I made a modest-size Mac and cheese, thinking “surely there will be more than enough food” (20+ people were coming). We ended up with a cheese platter with random grapes; a salad or two; a medium Domino’s pizza; and my Mac and cheese in an 8x8 pan. And maybe a bottle or two of soft drinks. Even worse, everything sat for over an hour, so my poor Mac and cheese was... only warm-ish. I fear that Teddi will end up with something similar.

And personally—even though I love potlucks where people make stuff, as I feel you can get to know people through the food they choose to make and bring—I would be fine with people who are driving an hour or two to get someplace popping in to Safeway for a couple quarts of potato salad going to Whole Foods or Bristol Farms for kale salad. It’s just simpler. Either that or have a cooking party rather than a potluck. 

Edited by ivygirl
Stuff.
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

whisper and tell LVP she was Peanut Butter and Jelly...Oh I think someone is Jelly. Sometimes it seemed fun and silly - but there was an underlying tone of mean from Kyle.

Kyle can be very off-putting, imo (when that smug/superior/mean thing in her comes out,  I want to whip her around by her hank of hair the way I did with my Barbies back in the day).

~At the PTV Potluck I'm having @ivygirl's mac and cheese with @diadochokinesis replated fried chicken and lots of @walnutqueen's voddy. I shall bring poutine (assembled on site).

Edited by film noire
  • Love 8
36 minutes ago, film noire said:

Kyle can be very off-putting, imo (when that smug/superior/mean thing in her comes out,  I want to whip her around by her hank of hair the way I did with my Barbies back in the day).

~At the PTV Potluck I'm having @ivygirl's mac and cheese with @diadochokinesis replated fried chicken and lots of @walnutqueen's voddy. I shall bring poutine (assembled on site).

I can bring my other potluck dish: broccoli salad.  It is actually really good and everyone always requests it.  Just have to keep it in the cooler and then assemble on site. 

Why can't these women figure out a potluck???  I think we just figured one out that will last 2 days.  LOL. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, film noire said:

That attitude seriously puts me off, and it kept me from liking Kyle for several seasons. The sing-songy “jelly” stuff is immature and not a good look for someone who’s nearing 50.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, film noire said:

I will bring my cheese ball. This past December a group that I play pickleball with decided to have a Christmas potluck. I knew right away that I would bring Christmas themed sugar cookies that a friend who has a business making themed cookies makes. (I have bought previously for xmas, Thanksgiving and Easter). So I said as we were discussing the potluck that I would bring cookies because I don't cook. One of the ladies said it was just as well, as if I didn't like to cook I likely was a bad cook. So I made my cheese ball as well just to show her that I could indeed cook. (OK, technically it wasn't cooking, but I was in the kitchen which is close enough for me). The funny thing is that the friend who gave me the recipe years ago is a great cook, but can't make this cheese ball set to save her life. So her cheese ball is never rolled in chopped pecans which is the final step, but rather is served as a blob in a bowl. Mine OTOH have never not turned out. 

I agree about Kyle. I want to like her, I really do. But then she says or does something that turns me off. At the moment I am turned off by her contradicting comments that her three shows are based on her past life, or they aren't. Pick a lane, Kyle. Oh, and I hate the way she dresses. For someone who owns a clothing store you would think she would have better taste. Or at least someone to advise her. But then Erika does, and her stuff is hit or miss to me. 

• Love 6
On 2/4/2018 at 11:25 PM, film noire said:

Kyle stirred the pot, when she mentioned she and Mauricio were "six minutes late".  She had just straightened Teddi out saying Dorit said she received a text when she was six minutes late-not that Teddi left when Dorit was six minutes late.  She works both sides of the fence.

There is also something weird about her "jelly" comments. 

23 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I will bring my cheese ball. This past December a group that I play pickleball with decided to have a Christmas potluck. I knew right away that I would bring Christmas themed sugar cookies that a friend who has a business making themed cookies makes. (I have bought previously for xmas, Thanksgiving and Easter). So I said as we were discussing the potluck that I would bring cookies because I don't cook. One of the ladies said it was just as well, as if I didn't like to cook I likely was a bad cook. So I made my cheese ball as well just to show her that I could indeed cook. (OK, technically it wasn't cooking, but I was in the kitchen which is close enough for me). The funny thing is that the friend who gave me the recipe years ago is a great cook, but can't make this cheese ball set to save her life. So her cheese ball is never rolled in chopped pecans which is the final step, but rather is served as a blob in a bowl. Mine OTOH have never not turned out. 

I agree about Kyle. I want to like her, I really do. But then she says or does something that turns me off. At the moment I am turned off by her contradicting comments that her three shows are based on her past life, or they aren't. Pick a lane, Kyle. Oh, and I hate the way she dresses. For someone who owns a clothing store you would think she would have better taste. Or at least someone to advise her. But then Erika does, and her stuff is hit or miss to me. 

I think all Kyle is trying to do is to point out the shows are based on her observations growing up but all the scenes depicted are not necessarily things that happened in her family growing up.  A couple of examples were her father using drugs-Kyle's Dad would be 100 years old today and I am thinking if this is 1975 or so he probably wasn't snorting coke when he was pushing 60 years old.  The other was a scene about her mother pawning her jewelry, Kyle said that just would not have happened.  There is also the obvious there are only two daughters.  

I don't know that all three shows are based on her youth-I think she may have pitched three ideas.  http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/kyle-richards-real-housewives-american-woman-1202664894/#article-comments  I don't know if the other two have even made it to the pilot phase.

• Love 2
On 2/2/2018 at 8:15 PM, walnutqueen said:

Pass the vodka bottle, already!  

My Mama raccoon had babies, who were sweet & adorable, before they turned into rampaging juvenile delinquents.  They stole everything in my back yard, including the drain covers.  Little fuckers.  They LURVE cheap hot dogs and raw eggs, but can survive on dry cat food.

Boy, I miss that show!!!

I have a feeling these raccoons have very nice digs with all the stuff they steal!  My friend lived in the woods and had a mama raccoon bring her new babies to his house every year.  I was there once and we fed them eggs.  It made me a bit nervous and I have had a bobcat (wildlife ambassador so fairly tame but known to nip) crawl all over me!  They are endlessly entertaining to watch though.  

• Love 6
On 2/3/2018 at 5:24 PM, WireWrap said:

From his BK..... "

Paul, a British citizen living in Florida, claimed his primary assets and creditors were in England and requested a foreign proceeding. He claimed his kids, Daniel, then 16, Atlanta, then 11, and Tatum, then 10, depended on him financially, but he only had roughly $104 cash in hand, and $1,000 in the bank.

He was separated from his ex-wife at the time, but papers revealed he had a New-York based girlfriend — possibly Dorit, 40. “My estranged wife currently pays for all this as I have no income,” he declared on his monthly expenses sheet totaling $34,000."

If she was 40 then how old is she REALLY?  She apparently turned 40 during her 1st season on BH.

• Love 3
On 2/4/2018 at 11:25 PM, film noire said:

Can I come?  I can bring a Barbie for you to pretend your are flinging Kyle around.  I think I have one with long brown hair.  I will bring 7 layer dip and chips.  Its easy but everyone loves it despite being nothing very special.  If necessary to gain entrance to said party I can also bring some 'special' chocolate.

I do think Kyle has a mean streak.  I think she may keep it in check better than Kim but its there.  Lurking...

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

Can I come?  I can bring a Barbie for you to pretend your are flinging Kyle around.  I think I have one with long brown hair.  

Sounds fab, Natalie!  We'll dress our Barbies in white in honour of Kyle's party!

I will bring 7 layer dip and chips.   

If necessary to gain entrance to said party I can also bring some 'special' chocolate.

YUM (and YUMMER :)

I do think Kyle has a mean streak.  I think she may keep it in check better than Kim but its there.  Lurking...

Yeah, when she's in that place, she's just awful (and then she and Lisa V do something charming or hi-jinxy and I'm "Oh well, back to fucking putty in their hands, eh, film noire?" :) 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

If she was 40 then how old is she REALLY?  She apparently turned 40 during her 1st season on BH.

If Dorit/production were honest about her age, this would mean that it wasn't Dorit that PK was seeing while still married, it was someone else.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 3
On 2/4/2018 at 11:56 AM, Jel said:

The reason Kyle bugs me less than the others is that while she likes to get her shots in too, she doesn't go on and on and on about the same thing episode after episode after episode . . .

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, film noire said:

Sounds fab, Natalie!  We'll dress our Barbies in white in honour of Kyle's party!

YUM (and YUMMER :)

Yeah, when she's in that place, she's just awful (and then she and Lisa V do something charming or hi-jinxy and I'm "Oh well, back to fucking putty in their hands, eh, film noire?" :) 

My kinda party!!!!!  

• Love 1
On 2/5/2018 at 1:18 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

I just learned what pickleball is. Looks fun!! Never even heard of it! 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

I knew the creator of pickleball And grew up playing it!

That's amazing! Did he really name it after his dog? It is a great game! I am always amused when tennis players take it up as they find it surprisingly a much faster game than tennis! 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Kyle and someone played it on her tennis court a couple of years ago.  

This was the third scene in which the creepiness of the Girardi marriage was put on display with Erika lamenting to Kyle that Tom was "fucking pissed" at her because "I'm not allowed to do that shit; it's not okay in my house." 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Can I come?  I can bring a Barbie for you to pretend your are flinging Kyle around.  I think I have one with long brown hair.  I will bring 7 layer dip and chips.  Its easy but everyone loves it despite being nothing very special.  If necessary to gain entrance to said party I can also bring some 'special' chocolate.

Can I come, too? I'll bring my favorite hot artichoke dip along with pita chips and some veggies!!!

• Love 4
4 hours ago, princelina said:

The reason Kyle bugs me less than the others is that while she likes to get her shots in too, she doesn't go on and on and on about the same thing episode after episode after episode . . .

Aww like Eileen you mean?

• Love 5
4 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

That's amazing! Did he really name it after his dog? It is a great game! I am always amused when tennis players take it up as they find it surprisingly a much faster game than tennis! 

The dog came later.