Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Alicia's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Carrie said:

Nah.... She spent her childhood on diets and going to fat farms.  She knows.  She knows.  

YES! Anyone who has ever tried to lose wieght even a few times knows these things. Don't you love magazine articles: 10 secret diet tricks! And all of them are "instead of mayonnaise use low cal salad dressing"  "Instead of butter use fat free margerine" Instead of coke drink club soda with a twist of lemon"-- yeah thanks, I never knew any of that.....

Just now, navine said:

IDK .... I have been doing WW and it amazes me how ignorant some folks are.

WW really opened my eyes!  What I thought was a serving of cereal really was three servings!  I've lost 40 lbs with them - it just became a lifestyle for me!

3 minutes ago, AllisonWonderland said:

Yuuuuuup. I just lost 60 pounds, and about half of my thick, gorgeous hair. I've been binging on Viviscal and biotin trying to get it to start thickening back up again but nothing is really happening yet and I'm starting to get despondent :( 

Don't talk to me about hair loss.  I have been watching myself go nearly bald in the past two years  since receiving  a non-specific diagnosis of an auto-immune disease.  I've tried everything.  I feel your pain sister. ?

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

I’m going to snark a commercial because it’s, technically, part of the live watch.  Ugh, the preview for 50 shades movie.  Can we stop promoting this glorified abusive relationship as a romance?

Thank you!  My thoughts exactly...

3 minutes ago, AllisonWonderland said:

Yuuuuuup. I just lost 60 pounds, and about half of my thick, gorgeous hair. I've been binging on Viviscal and biotin trying to get it to start thickening back up again but nothing is really happening yet and I'm starting to get despondent :( 

Same here.   I have had some luck with Hair Skin & Nails vitamins I got on HSN though.

• Love 1

This may be the healthiest romantic situation I've seen on this show yet.  Other couples stayed together sure, but these two talk everything out (and yes I realize this is TV).  But still, they have good open communication with each other.

Edited by ThisGirlAsh
spelling mistake
1 minute ago, Carrie said:

Don't talk to me about hair loss.  I have been watching myself go nearly bald in the past two years  since receiving  a non-specific diagnosis of an auto-immune disease.  I've tried everything.  I feel your pain sister. ?

Ooof, I am hella sorry to hear that. Mine is just vanity but yours is actually related to a real illness. Sending positive, healthy thoughts over to you, friend. 

2 minutes ago, zoemom said:

Drinking game.....how many times will she say "journey"??????

There are so many people on "journeys" on this episode that I expect the producers need to cut Steve Perry a 600-lb residual check.

1 minute ago, AllisonWonderland said:

Ooof, I am hella sorry to hear that. Mine is just vanity but yours is actually related to a real illness. Sending positive, healthy thoughts over to you, friend. 

Thank you!  And you too! 

Just now, Azubah said:

Maybe because they're on TV? Or maybe because it's something about their appearance that they can control.

That's it! She needed to take that make-up off, she'll get five more lbs. off there.  Six to eight thousand calories in one day???? Really?

I do empathize with these people; I struggle with portion control and eating for comfort. If food is a struggle, it's not like substance abuse where you can get clean. You have to eat to stay alive. It's important to get to the root of the issues that cause you to make those choices.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Threnners said:

Same here.   I have had some luck with Hair Skin & Nails vitamins I got on HSN though.

Oh fantastic! My next step is DHT blocking shampoo that my endocrinologist recommended: https://www.amazon.com/PURA-DOR-Prevention-Premium-Packaging/dp/B0079R6BD2 

There's a, like, all-botanical-y version.....? of this same brand that doesn't have the DHT blockers in it, but this one actually has the magic crap that is supposed to treat the follicles rather than just "creating a healthy scalp environment" or whatever. The bullet points on the back label will include "DHT Blocking" in the top item if it's the right stuff.

Edited by AllisonWonderland
Because "label" has *two* Ls in it!
2 minutes ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

Read the “my 600 lb life” discussion boards while walking laps in a huge conference room...oh that’s just me?  Well ok then.

I bought a Fitbit and I love it. It reminds me to get up and move. 10000 steps before I can have a glass of wine.

1 minute ago, ShortyMac said:

I do empathize with these people; I struggle with portion control and eating for comfort. If food is a struggle, it's not like substance abuse where you can get clean. You have to eat to stay alive. It's important to get to the root of the issues that cause you to make those choices.

"Food" can be just like any other drug that people abuse (alcohol, heroine, etc).  You could see in her face how much pleasure she gets from eating food, she just can't stop.  She goes to food to relieve stress and anxiety.