Type keyword(s) to search

Making A Model With Yolanda Hadid - General Discussion

• Start Topic

What might have worked better was if Yolanda had conducted some mock interviews with the girls and their mothers. Nothing like throwing them all in the deep end without a life preserver. If Yolanda had simply instructed everybody to, "treat this like a job interview," she probably would have been met with blank looks as most likely none of the girls had ever been on a traditional job interview. I know that many of them had held modeling jobs but I am skeptical as to whether or not that entailed an actually F2F Q&A session.  That said, the overall lack of life experience left them ill-equipped to answer even the most basic questions. It made all of the mothers and daughters look bad.

I don't think there is anything special about Breana. I don't think that any of the girls are stand-out super model material. Mikayla is pretty and has a lot of poise and maturity for her age. She also exudes confidence. Makenzie is a hot mess and I think Lilyan is resigned to go home empty-handed. The make-under did little for her. It almost makes me think that Yolanda did that on purpose. It was a passive-aggressive way to punish Lilyan and her mother for their arrogance and mean-girl behavior. It really sabotaged her chances. How about offering her some makeup tips to compliment the new hair and eye color?

• Love 5

A) Lilyan still looks like Fred Armisen. Now more than ever ... BUT .. .

B) Why was in that in every talking head, even after the hairgate, Lilyan was BLOND? Again? Still? (Plus, she's wearing those blue-gray contacts again/still) ... Her hair looks EXACTLY like it does in every single other talking head we've seen all season but less brassy dry and crappy and more wavy and pretty and a little more buttery than bleached which leads me to believe that ...

C) ALL of the talking heads were done after the show finished filming, so so much for spontaneity since they already know everything that came down, and that she re-dyed her hair blonde as soon as she could. 

And ... speaking of blonde ...

D) Is it just me or is Carrington really not all that to start with ... she looks rode hard and put away wet (even for 19, which apparently she is, rather than 16 which is what they SAY she is ... I wonder if her real age will be outed during this show for another shocking shocker of a shock ... BUT THAT SAID, she ALSO has dark roots so I bet in real life she's as blonde as Lilyanfred is. They couldn't get, you know, a nice cornfed pretty blonde from somewhere in bumfuck who wants to be a model? And I have sneaky suspicion HER mom is gonna be one piece of work though we haven't seen her say much yet.

I don't have a whole lot of respect for people who model themselves as YouTube stars ... it's one step shy of being a professional "social influencer."

• Love 8
On 1/27/2018 at 8:37 PM, PamelaMaeSnap said:

Wasn't it already discussed that the girl they're adding as the sixth girl, who they said was 16 during the convo, is in fact 19? 

4 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

D) Is it just me or is Carrington really not all that to start with ... she looks rode hard and put away wet (even for 19, which apparently she is, rather than 16 which is what they SAY she is ... I wonder if her real age will be outed during this show for another shocking shocker of a shock

It's interesting how many times someone was saying in this episode that Carrington was 16.

• Love 3

OK.... I do like this show.  I find Yolanda to be pretty down to earth, smart, strong and genuinely caring.  With regard to the contestants and their mothers.....It is really shocking to see how the mothers influence their daughters and the dynamic that has developed between them.  Lilyan and her mother are extremely toxic and the "mean girls" of the group.  They seem to really enjoy gossiping about others behind their back and making fun of the other young girls and their mothers.  If they want my vote, they both need an attitude adjustment!  For all the supposed confidence Lilyan says she has, I don't see it.  When modeling for the NYC jumbo screen she makes that ridiculous "Miley Cyrus" big tongue face (No Shade to Miley) and her Mom says NOTHING!   Athena is adorable but her mom appears very insecure and stubborn.  Yolanda keeps giving Diana excellent advice with regard to how to best support and guide her daughter but she refuses to take it.  Instead, she whines and cries that Yolanda is too hard on her.  Get a backbone!!  Breanna and Jessica.....Breanna is a bit cockey and Jessica is a whimp.  But... I will say, Breanna walks and photographs well.  Plus, her interview with IMG was great.  Makenzie is very pretty and could be a model but she needs to find her inner diva.  Plus her mother, seems to be a bit of an enabler.  Mikayla has a fresh face and a charming personality.  I also think her mother has the right mix of supportive mothering and energetic cheerleader.  Consequently she allows her daughter to shine on her own terms.  I have to wait and see what the new girl and her mom will bring. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, grisgris said:

What might have worked better was if Yolanda had conducted some mock interviews with the girls and their mothers. Nothing like throwing them all in the deep end without a life preserver. If Yolanda had simply instructed everybody to, "treat this like a job interview," she probably would have been met with blank looks as most likely none of the girls had ever been on a traditional job interview. I know that many of them had held modeling jobs but I am skeptical as to whether or not that entailed an actually F2F Q&A session.  That said, the overall lack of life experience left them ill-equipped to answer even the most basic questions. It made all of the mothers and daughters look bad.

I don't think there is anything special about Breana. I don't think that any of the girls are stand-out super model material. Mikayla is pretty and has a lot of poise and maturity for her age. She also exudes confidence. Makenzie is a hot mess and I think Lilyan is resigned to go home empty-handed. The make-under did little for her. It almost makes me think that Yolanda did that on purpose. It was a passive-aggressive way to punish Lilyan and her mother for their arrogance and mean-girl behavior. It really sabotaged her chances. How about offering her some makeup tips to compliment the new hair and eye color?

I agree with your comment about Yolanda not being more proactive with regard to educating the models and the moms on how best to interview with a modeling agency.  Also, another person commented that Yolanda needed to let them know what type of meeting they were going to.  You really can't pick the outfit until you know where you are going and why.

• Love 7

I find it hard to believe that these girls, (with the exception of Mikayla and Athena who are Fabulous, )are the best candidates that Yolanda could find. Surely there are prettier , taller, more poised modelesque girls out there. I mean, just go to any mall and you'll find something better than Lilyan, and the other FORGETTABLE girls.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, nanP said:

Mikayla has a fresh face and a charming personality.  I also think her mother has the right mix of supportive mothering and energetic cheerleader.  Consequently she allows her daughter to shine on her own terms.  I have to wait and see what the new girl and her mom will bring. 

I couldn't agree more with you here about Mikayla's mom, Karen. She is supportive without being in Mikayla's face. I hated that some of the moms were complaining about Karen thinking she's all that. For me, Karen seems to be the only mom who's made some sort of effort to learn about the modeling industry and what the expectations are without having to play 20 Questions with Yolanda.

Mikayla has been my favorite since the first episode. So far, she hasn't failed at any of the challenges. I would be surprised if she didn't win the competition, but since I've watched enough reality TV, I'm thinking she might not. 

• Love 5
On 2/1/2018 at 11:27 PM, RedheadZombie said:

Carrington photographs well but her personality is grating.  Plus, since we now know she's actually nineteen, she's not nearly tall enough - 5'6".  That's short even if she were really only sixteen.  I had reached my adult height of 5'9" by that age.

She's 19???  Very weird.  But whether 16 or 19, she looks like she's in her 30's with all that make-up and contouring.  It was a little ridiculous.  

On 2/1/2018 at 10:15 PM, Caseysgirl said:

They really have edited her and her mother to be mean girls, though, and so no one will feel bad when she loses.  

It's real easy to edit them that way when they openly act like mean girls.  The two of them are quite awful people they way they mock, laugh at, and talk down to the others.  I bet she was loads of fun in her middle school and high school.  And Breanna and her mom are close behind.  

• Love 4

Drinking game: take a sip everytime you see a Black Leather Jacket.

I'm very glad they returned Lilyan to her natural hair color. My God, if she's bleaching her hair blonde at 13, she's gonna be balding at 60. 

I was a little uncomfortable when the IMG agents told Mikayla to do more ballet & less track. I felt like it was coded language for telling her to lose weight.

There's soo much pressure on Athena to grow taller, something that's completely beyond her control. I believe she's 5'3" at 13 which is average height. She's not gonna be tall. What's the contingency plan for her career?

I'm soo glad Carrington washed her face. That hair & makeup made her look about 30 years old. More coded language in the modeling industry: she didn't look fresh. That means she looked old. I think softer hair would help, too. I liked the way she introduced herself to Mikayla & her mom.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

There's soo much pressure on Athena to grow taller, something that's completely beyond her control. I believe she's 5'3" at 13 which is average height. She's not gonna be tall. What's the contingency plan for her career?

I don’t understand this either. Don’t girls typically stop growing once they get their periods which is usually around age 13? This is probably as tall as she’s going to get. 

• Love 4

Wow, am I in the minority?  I actually enjoy this show and think she's giving these gals (and their mothers) some very useful information.  Like her or not, she's well connected and I think she's found a good fit.  Opportunist?- Absolutely.  She is willing to do whatever it takes to maintain the lifestyle she enjoys, and I imagine she envisions a long career on reality TV.  I've come to the conclusion everyone one reality TV is a despicable person- sometimes we don't see it until the 2nd or 3rd season (and that was the case for me with her on RHOBH), but I've gotten over it.  I love seeing her slap some of the mothers around because they have ideals that are unreasonable for their unestablished daughter-models, and I like her teaching the girls practical lessons that will help their careers.  I'm happy there are no eliminations, and that the decision at the end will be based on the cumulative experience (and probably which gal is the most bookable in real life, because after all, she IS all about making money).  Lastly, I enjoy seeing the modeling photos at the end.  I dunno, I guess I'm a pretty simple person, but I really like this show.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

I was a little uncomfortable when the IMG agents told Mikayla to do more ballet & less track. I felt like it was coded language for telling her to lose weight.

I'm soo glad Carrington washed her face. That hair & makeup made her look about 30 years old. More coded language in the modeling industry: she didn't look fresh. That means she looked old. I think softer hair would help, too. I liked the way she introduced herself to Mikayla & her mom.

I found it a bit unsettling that the IMG agents thought that Mikayla needed more ballet. I think it's spectacular that she runs track. I don't see the problem with that. Track athletes are toned as all get out. I think it was coded language to tell Mikayla not only to lose weight, but perhaps to be more graceful, which is something people say about ballet. Well, that and I guess that ballet is viewed more as a "feminine pursuit." Maybe a dig that sports make Mikayla seem more on the tomboy side? It's still stupid. 

Also, I agree on Athena. I don't know if she's still growing, but there are other types of modeling she can get involved in, if she doesn't reach 5'9'. If she's involved in sports brands, then fitness modeling can continue to be her emphasis. I think that's what her mother was talking about it. If she stayed in fitness (or commercial) modeling, she could make a great living without having to worry about height. She's still so young though. Yolanda focusing on her height seemed weird.

I'm not sure what to make of Carrington. She looks older than the other girls, but she's not old looking. Hair and makeup, as you said, can age a young girl. I like Carrington's face in its natural state. I can't decide if she qualifies as high fashion or commercial. I'm assuming that Yolanda is pushing for girls who will eventually become high fashion models, unless I wasn't paying close attention in the first episode when she talked about the competition.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

I found it a bit unsettling that the IMG agents thought that Mikayla needed more ballet. I think it's spectacular that she runs track. I don't see the problem with that. Track athletes are toned as all get out. I think it was coded language to tell Mikayla not only to lose weight, but perhaps to be more graceful, which is something people say about ballet. Well, that and I guess that ballet is viewed more as a "feminine pursuit." Maybe a dig that sports make Mikayla seem more on the tomboy side? It's still stupid. 

I'm not sure it's about her weight, but has more to do with muscle development in those that run track vs those that do ballet. Here's an interesting article I found on the topic:

Dancing vs. Running: The Difference in Muscle Tone

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, TwirlyGirly said:

I'm not sure it's about her weight, but has more to do with muscle development in those that run track vs those that do ballet. Here's an interesting article I found on the topic:

Dancing vs. Running: The Difference in Muscle Tone

That's another consideration I hadn't thought of. Thank you for linking the article!

When I was a kid, I did ballet. For a year. I had such horrible stage fright and didn't last long. In hindsight, I should have stuck it out for longer. It is a great workout for muscle building. I never ran track though. I wasn't fast enough. LOL.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Josette said:

I see that this show won't be on this Thursday night, but a bunch of new episodes will be aired during the day on Sunday.

Hmm, interesting. I've seen this done before when a show isn't doing well and they just want to burn off the rest of the episodes and be done with it.

• Love 4

I like this show too, Snewtsie, but I feel like they're doing stuff to create "drama," and that's always a turnoff for me. I feel like the subject itself is interesting enough that they don't have to resort to creating conflict. But it is what it is.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, tobeannounced said:

Hmm, interesting. I've seen this done before when a show isn't doing well and they just want to burn off the rest of the episodes and be done with it.

Yup. I was searching today for why the show wasn't on and found a FB post from Makenzie's mom.  She was letting people know there would be no new episode tonite and instead there would be a "marathon" of the remaining 4 episodes on Sunday morning at 10 am.  I had already set my DVR for the weekend since I'm going out of town so I'm going to miss them.  I hope they will put the eps online.  Either way, like you said, it seems like a classic burn off of episodes.  Too bad.  I can't believe they ran every last episode of that awful American Beauty Star but won't finish this one.  

• Love 6
On 2/6/2018 at 1:59 PM, Maya said:

I don’t understand this either. Don’t girls typically stop growing once they get their periods which is usually around age 13? This is probably as tall as she’s going to get. 

Thats not how that works

• Love 4
On 1/26/2018 at 9:25 AM, Caseysgirl said:

While I didn't see the swimsuit photo shoot as overtly sexual, that wasn't my 13 year old daughter. I'm assuming this was edited for time, and Yolanda was a bit more understanding with the mother, although she (Yo) is a bit frosty. On the other hand, it's the reality of the business ,as she said, and if the Mother feels that way, she should wait until her daughter is older.  I'm not a big fan of Lilyann, but I can imagine that it must be horrible at that age to be criticized about your looks in such a public way. I understand her tears. Hopefully, she is just a producer plant and she was willing to do this for more screen time.

I think it's unlikely that Yolanda was more understanding than what was shown.  Her true colors were revealed on RHBH (and on her Twitter, blog, etc), and being understanding is most definitely not one of her strengths.  She always believes that she knows more than everyone else about pretty much everything.   She mocks other people on a regular basis.   I have little patience for people who think they're superior, so I wasn't even going to watch this show, but I was curious.  And I'll admit it - I got pulled in.  I still find her obnoxious, as always.  Even if what she was saying was absolutely correct, there's a way to say it that's a bit more compassionate.  She's too abrupt and has no idea how to talk to people.  (Berating the girls after the IMG interviews was ridiculous, IMO, when she did absolutely nothing to prepare them.  It certainly didn't seem in any of the episodes that she was actually trying to help them.  It was more about keeping herself as the center of attention, which, again, we saw endlessly on RHBH.)

On 1/26/2018 at 6:25 PM, RedheadZombie said:

Yes, Yolanda lost me with I'm the biggest mama bear out there BS.  Yolanda has tried her hardest to turn her daughters into herself - a model being groomed to become a trophy wife.  The thing is these girls are daughters of a billionaire with access to the finest education money and influence can buy.  This is the mama bear who had Gigi in a photo shoot with a completely bared breast at seventeen.  Same mama bear who vetoed Gigi's desire to have a small piece of the cake honoring her, and who told Bella to eat three almonds slowly after she became faint from lack of food at an equestrian competition.

Mama Bear sent off Gigi to live on her own in a penthouse apartment in NY fresh out of high school.  Papa Hadid wanted his girl to get an education, but Yo told Gigi that modeling was the priority, and not to tell daddy.  Bella got a DUI in high school and was discovered with pharmaceuticals without prescription.  Yet Bella was shipped off at graduation to her own luxurious apartment in NYC.

The only difference between Yolanda and Kris Kardashian is an accent, and three fewer daughters.

Great post! 

• Love 5

Wow!  It is becoming clear that Yolanda totally prefers Karen and Mikayla. It is starting to rub me the wrong way . I'm sure Yolanda will never admit it and as one of the other mother's, I would be very upset,too.  If you give up time away from your family and life and then it seems clear that it's rigged against you it must be frustrating.  I originally wanted them to win but I can't see that Mikayla is that much better than everyone else .

• Love 2

When this show can make me root against Mikayla (who is lovely and talented) and for Lilyan, it's a problem.

i'd give the win at this point to Makenzie.  Athena isn't ready, but she has such a great face!

**Shows you what I know!!**

Edited by Marmiarmo
  • Love 1

Is anyone getting tired of listening to Kat and Lillian (and Diana) drone on and on about how unfair they are being treated.  Why not take responsibility for your own actions!  It's not that the other girls are doing so much better (and they are) but the fact that you won't look at yourself objectively to see where you need to grow and just embrace the learning process is very frustrating to see.  It's NOT about winning!  It's about getting expsosure.

Kudos to Carrington for being so mature and inspiring.  She is a doll and a welcome breath of fresh air.  I still think Mikayla and her mom are the front runners because they are beautiful on the inside.  The other moms and daugthers could learn from them.

Edited by nanP
  • Love 2

I think this assignment was a rough one for all the girls.  Makenzie struggled the most but I also thought she was a bit defiant as well.  Why you ask?  Why Yolanda asked her to scream she kept saying "I can't"!  Really?  You have never screamed before?  You don't know how to scream?  Hum????  You should have screamed little girl.  It would have felt very liberating.

• Love 2

I thought Mikayla was head and shoulders above the others in every way.  Beautiful, photogenic, poised, at ease meeting new people.   She seemed like a natural for this business to me.  It did seem as though Yolanda was favoring her, but I was pretty sure she wouldn't win because that would have been too predictable.   Her smile, though!  She will go far in whatever she chooses to do, I'm sure.  (I checked out her twitter, and apparently she has musical talent also.)

Mackenzie did well, and that Tommy Hilfiger photo was fabulous.  I would rather have seen her win rather than Athena.  IMO Athena had some good attributes, but ultimately was nothing special.

Yolanda was insufferable.  So full of herself.  I guess now she'll be looking for another way to keep herself in the spotlight.

• Love 6

These mothers are just the worst. So petty and catty. Truly awful people. And for the record, I do not mind Karen one bit- talking about the other original moms. Yolanda clearly asked Karen to sit with her at the show. I hope the other moms see that when they watch.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Marmiarmo said:

When this show can make me root against Mikayla (who is lovely and talented) and for Lilyan, it's a problem.

i'd give the win at this point to Makenzie.  Athena isn't ready, but she has such a great face!

**Shows you what I know!!**

I agree. Lillian and her Mom Kat whine about everything.  I would love to see Makenzie stop saying "I can't" and start saying "I will". 

• Love 4

Whether it was intentional or not, Yolanda has managed to turn this show into a her personal "real housewives" show only on a smaller scale. Her cast of three include Kat, Diana and Karen. It's obvious that Yolanda doesn't care at all for Lilyan (who can blame her?) and by association, Lilyan's mother. Diana is a pain in the ass but it's also clear that Yolanda has it out for her, too. Luckily, Athena has a lot of honest potential, otherwise, Yolanda's scorn would also be directed at the young teen. I don't really see Karen acting superior or smug, nor have I seen her sucking up to Yolanda.  Mikayla has a lot of promise.

Lillyan just put the final nail in her modeling career coffin (at least with Yolanda) by coloring her hair. I don't see how she even made the cut for the show. She's not that special and I actually thought the in-between hair color looked better than the brassy blonde and the ordinary brown. Maybe Kat and Yolanda could have reached some middle ground with the brown hair and highlights but Yolanda and "compromise" don't exist in the same zip code.

I am also tired of the constant complaining about Athena and Breana being "vertically challenged." Then go stick them in a runway show. If height was a prerequisite, why were they even chosen? Their height (or lack of) isn't their fault. I am glad that Mackenzie is improving. I thought she was the best at the runway show but good grief, that mustard colored shapeless frock was hideous (as were most of the clothes from that Dutch designer.)

I also noticed that Yolanda didn't say one word about Mikayla missing her cue. I thought she'd be crucified over that misstep, lipstick malfunction be damned!

• Love 3
On 1/18/2018 at 3:28 AM, kitten59 said:

OMG!! YES!! You nailed it!!

I really like this show but I have to say that I like how Yolanda is focusing on their confidence and presentation. I think the girls are all getting a reality check just doing the challenges so I don't want to add to any insecurities they may have by picking apart their actual appearance. I do love their final pictures.

• Love 2
On 1/26/2018 at 9:22 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Why does Jim Jordan (?), the beach photographer, look like he uses the same hair product that Cameron Diaz's character (Mary) used in "There's Something About Mary"?

Too funny. I was surprised to see Jim make an appearance in Vanderpump Rules when Lisa held a party for a magazine (?) she was going to help edit. He was in the scene before Katie was fat shamed.

• Love 2

Loved Yolanda telling the moms that she had time to overlook their quizzes.

The makeup artist managed to make all of them look less pretty for the Georgine runway show. 

Breanna's ears really stick out.

Yolanda is bugging me again, similar to when she was on RHoBH. How many more times is she going to tell Athena that she has to appear taller? How tall was she when Yolanda picked her?

• Love 8

I'll have to unpack this mini-marathon later. 

Suffice to say I don't understand Yolanda's decision as it seems somewhat out of left field. I truly believed that it would come down to Mikayla and Makenzie. They were the only two I could see as legit contenders. I liked Mikayla from the get go, but as the competition wore on (and the result for the TH/Gigi collaboration), I saw Makenzie as the most high fashion. 

Unfortunately, none of the six check off all the "supermodel material" boxes. A majority of them would make perfect commercial models, but I don't see how they could compete as editorial models. 

They're all pretty girls, but most of them looked H&M and Zara to me. Nothing wrong with that considering how lucrative commercial modeling is, but I guess I wasn't sure what Yolanda was going for. 

Another Gigi or Bella? A catalog model? A runway model? A few of the girls are too short. They might grow another few inches, but they might not either. Having tall parents doesn't guarantee that you will be tall like them. 

I don't know. I'm still trying to understand the final choice. 

• Love 5

Watching episode 5 On Demand. Thanks to all the posters who told us about the marathon. Dang, I guess this show is a wrap! Too bad, I thought it was so much more realistic than ANTM, although I sometimes watch that, too. Haven't read the other posts yet, but I will.

Carrington is still rocking the hard hair. Girl, please stop! It ages you by a decade!

Mackensie had such a bitchface on the practice runway. I'm soo over her & her stank attitude. Her face isn't that special; the asymmetry bothers me & I can't see past it. 

Lilyan TRIED Yolanda with her hair! Yolanda didn't really call her on it though. She was so much more harsh with Athena's mom last episode. Yolanda just doesn't like Athena's mom, even though the lady seems very sweet.

I take back what I said about realism--- High fashion runway with all these 5'3 girls? No, just no. Kate Moss was a rare exception at 5'7. That's why she's a legend. Athena was the only one who I thought looked nice at the run through.

The Kinky Boots Queens were soo positive & fabulous! They just made me smile!

Alek Wek!!! True Diva!!! & soo sweet! I just love her! I could get lost in her beautiful ebony skin...

& Anna Cleveland, too? I'm in heaven...

The runway way totally blah. The clothes were just medicore.

Mikayla is beautiful & a nice person. It's easy to root for her.

I'm getting bored. Is it just because I know the series is toast?!

• Love 3

I'm kind of glad that Lifetime decided to dump this. No need to feed Yolanda's ego. She can be so obnoxious. She really reacted poorly to Diana voicing her concerns. We heard her telling Karen to hold back so that they could sit next to each other at "Kinky Boots." And she only criticized Diana for speaking to the hair stylist before the Georgine show; Karen was chatting away, telling one of the backstage crew about traveling to France, etc.

Carrington was pretty cool, telling Mikayla and Lilyan that she didn't consider herself a loser for landing on the bottom. And that she was proud of Mikayla for her win. I half expected someone to realize, "Hey, you're not sixteen. You're too mature to be sixteen."

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 4

I see my DVR recorded 4 eps on Sunday, so I guess it's over. I haven't had a chance to watch them all. I only watched episode 5 which was the runway show. I am just so sick of the other moms harping on Karen. It just makes me bristle when they think Karen and Mikayla have some secret advantage, because no way is she that good. Frankly, it smells like racism to me, just internalized. The black mom and daughter can't be good enough without help. Maybe she's just killing it and you should watch her more. I especially hate that the moms teach their daughters to be so catty. Bleh. No wonder Lifetime dropped it.

• Love 2

Lilyan TRIED Yolanda with her hair! Yolanda didn't really call her on it though

I thought Yolanda was going to go ballistic.  That was really ballsy to just go and get your hair re-done!  However, I will admit, it did look better/more flattering after!  I thought Lilyan looked like Fred Armisen's younger sister.  Not exactly pretty . . .

I enjoyed the season and was really surprised at the marathon, but, whatever.  Those girls had an awesome opportunity to meet industry giants and be exposed to so many experiences young aspiring models can only dream of.  I liked having the mothers involved to bring depth to the personalities and add an extra layer of drama. 

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Chalby said:

Too funny. I was surprised to see Jim make an appearance in Vanderpump Rules when Lisa held a party for a magazine (?) she was going to help edit. He was in the scene before Katie was fat shamed.

I saw that, too! James was trying to persuade him and his, surprisingly, age-appropriate date to attend his See You Next Tuesday. 

• Love 1

I haven't watched the finale yet.

Maybe Yolanda just likes Karen.  Of all the mothers, she would also be the one I'd want to sit next to at a theatre performance or converse with. The rest are either hostile or airheads or obnoxious.

I was very impressed with Gigi mentoring/coaching the TH photo shoot. She was humble, supportive and extremely patient.  I could tell how frustrated she was with Yolanda when Gigi was trying to advocate for the "whole experience" (e.g. Lilyan) while Yolanda dug in her heels and insisted that the decision would be based on the final photos.

• Love 3

Dumping four episodes back to back makes me worry for this show.

Episode 5:  Lilyan was bold to color shampoo her own hair (must have been bought by mom), but it was smart to run to the salon, and the end product is head and shoulders above her original color and the muddy brown color.  The mom's are whiney but they're absolutely correct about Karen.  I can barely stand looking at her smug smile anymore.  Mikayla is also beginning to bug, which I'm resisting because she seems like a good kid.  Yolanda is incapable of self-reflection.  In person, Carrington seems very trashy but photographs well.  Even the makeup artist loaded her up with too much with eye makeup.  

Episode 6:  Mikayla should have been automatically disqualified for making the executive decision to affectively change the script.  You can't simply scheme with your mother to sing a spoken line.  Maybe a supermodel who is known to have a great voice can get away with that.  I really felt for Makenzie.  She has true issues but she shouldn't have been labelled a "mental disorder".  I have GAD and significant social anxiety disorder.  When I'm stressed I can barely retain what I'm hearing.  I cannot remember names of people I'm introduced to, or even do my job well when I'm being watched by a lot of people (I'm a nurse, and it's a killer to walk into a patient's room and ten people turn around and stare and simultaneously start peppering me with questions).  There are also symptoms like flushing and perspiring and the desire to flee.  Makenzie should be taught to think and say she simply has an anxiety disorder - none of this "mental" business.  But she was absolutely gorgeous.  That was total BS to have two winners, and I suspect it's because Yolanda was defensive of the preferential treatment accusation, so chose Athena as a co-winner.  It should have been Athena and Lilyan if there had to be two winners.  Bogus.

• Love 4