Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11: Bert and Ernie and a Blessing of the People

paulvdb

After Bonnie and Adam attend a traditional wedding, they discover they’re not on the same page about their own wedding. Also, Christy and Patrick have trouble setting the mood for their "first time".

I didn't understand what happened at the end. Did Adam trick Bonnie into setting a wedding date, or was he sincere about calling it off?

I just can't see Christy and Patrick long-term so I don't get where they're going with this.

I missed Marjorie and the gang. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I missed Marjorie and the gang. 

Me, too! Are they not part of the show any longer? What about the kids and Christy's ex? Just as I found this show (very late) and binge watched every season until I got caught up and loved every episode, the new season is awful. It's not funny and I'm tired of the Bonnie and Adam relationship. It was an ensemble show and now it's nothing but Christy and Bonnie with a bit of boring Adam thrown in. Bring back the AA meetings, the family, the group of friends, the restaurant with the hilarious chef because this new format sucks. 

• Love 3

Not loving this season for all the reasons mentioned by bichonblitz above.  The show is at its best with all the girls being involved and seeing them at the AA meetings.  Can't get into the Christy and Adam's brother storyline.  I lost track, was the last we saw of Violet that she was moving in with Luke?  Also, I thought Christy was fighting the Roscoe permanent move.  She would never let him live full time with "the big red turd"  There was one mention of Roscoe when they got robbed Christy said "they didn't take Roscoe's things"  That was odd since he is no longer featured in the family picture or seen and that has been the only mention.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Me, too! Are they not part of the show any longer? What about the kids and Christy's ex? Just as I found this show (very late) and binge watched every season until I got caught up and loved every episode, the new season is awful. It's not funny and I'm tired of the Bonnie and Adam relationship. It was an ensemble show and now it's nothing but Christy and Bonnie with a bit of boring Adam thrown in. Bring back the AA meetings, the family, the group of friends, the restaurant with the hilarious chef because this new format sucks. 

The gang's been in nearly every episode this season, this is one of the few episodes without them. They are at AA meetings all the time.

3 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Not loving this season for all the reasons mentioned by bichonblitz above.  The show is at its best with all the girls being involved and seeing them at the AA meetings.  Can't get into the Christy and Adam's brother storyline.  I lost track, was the last we saw of Violet that she was moving in with Luke?  Also, I thought Christy was fighting the Roscoe permanent move.  She would never let him live full time with "the big red turd"  There was one mention of Roscoe when they got robbed Christy said "they didn't take Roscoe's things"  That was odd since he is no longer featured in the family picture or seen and that has been the only mention.

I'm loving this season as much as ever and I don't miss the kids at all. I could not stand Violet; Roscoe was ok but he wasn't in it that much really.

They show the meetings all the time, and the coffee shop.

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 10

Hate every scene with Adam. Don't like the actor or the character.

Remember the actor from his soap opera days. Didn't like him then. Don't like him now.

AA meetings and coffee shop or just anytime the girls are together for any reason, are the best episodes.

• Love 1

Going to a lonely place: I loved this episode - especially Adam and Bonnie.  All their dialogues were great and that last scene with both of them showing how good they know each other made me really happy - for whatever reason.

As mentioned above the gang is almost every episode - one episode dedicated solely to the romantic relationships of the two leads is perfectly fine. Although I have no idea where they are going with Patrick and Christy.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

I don't miss the kids at all. I could not stand Violet; Roscoe was ok but he wasn't in it that much really.

I could live without the kids especially Violet. She became just a horrible person that I wouldn't want around. I have more neutral feelings about Roscoe. I like the mix we have now, the kids can stay gone. 

• Love 10

Plus the younger male child actor wasn't exactly on his way to an Emmy.  The last time he was heavily featured was the episode in which everyone discovered he was on his way to being a pot-head.  His performance was cringeworthy.

I also like the interplay between the female characters, though I can do without constant AA preachinesss.  I don't want to watch a show exclusively about that. If I want therapy sessions, isn't "Intervention" showing on basic cable reruns somewhere?

• Love 1

Agree the kids were not the greatest, can't say I miss them and definitely agree about Violet, did not like her at all.  I just don't like that they don't mention them anymore.  Just a pet peeve of mine on any show that does that sort of thing.

• Love 1

I liked this episode, and like the dynamic of Christy dating Adam's brother. I didn't like Adam last season but they have toned him down and made his relationship with Bonnie more believable this season. I get bored with endless scenes at AA meetings and in the coffee shop, so am happy to have a bit of variety. I loved Christy's line regarding Bonnie's bridesmaid dress that all she needed was a ring of salt around her head - lol. 

I never liked Christy's kids (for the same reason as others have stated - just hate Violet and the actor playing Roscoe is horrible). I also don't like her ex, the only one I could stand was his fiance. (Did they ever marry?). I would love if they brought back Adam's ex for a few episodes -I  love Wendy Malick and she and Allison Janney had great chemistry. 

I am neutral about the kids. I didn't think they needed to be dropped, but I don't find myself enjoying the show less without them, either. I can't think of any show I've liked equally before and after a major retooling, except this one.

• Love 2

I always preferred the scenes with the AA women to the restaurant scenes, and the scenes with the kids.

I often forget that early on, there were so many scenes with Christy and her boring-as-hell married boss. And so many scenes with Violet being an insufferable brat.

It's weird how they almost completely ignore the existence of Christy's kids - especially when Christy was so determined to keep Roscoe in her life. But that weirdness is a small price to pay for more scenes with Marjorie.

Yeah, I agree w/bad things are bad. Violet had reasons to be the way she was. But it would've been great to see her grow up, mature, get over herself, and maybe have a relationship with her child. She originally gave the kid up to go to college and make something of herself but well....guess not...The last time we saw Roscoe it turned out he wasn't just smoking weed in the hot tub but drinking beer as well. Why they never went anywhere with that storyline I'll never know. That could've been the straw that broke that relationship up for good (I hated that heifer....)

I hate to say it, but I'm loving Adam more and more with each episode. He established a permanent spot in my heart in the episode with Bonnie's brother, and the way he handles her without "handling" her is genius. I think those two may make it. But Christie and the brother? Nope. Not buying it. She had more chemistry with the F**k buddy guy than she did with the old codger who she's supposed to have "feelings" for. 

I thought it was endearing the way Adam teared up at the two little candles...now they're the big candle...too cute...

• Love 2
On 1/22/2018 at 10:31 PM, Tosia said:

Yeah, Christy looks like a  teenager next to Patrick.  Don't like the May-December romance, although I like the actor.  

According to IMDB, AF is 41 and SW is 56, that's a fifteen year age difference.  Does that really qualify as May-December?  Isn't it more May-July?

• Love 1
On 1/23/2018 at 12:44 AM, juliet73 said:

Is it just me or does Christy (Anna Faris) look like she's had some work done on her face? I've noticed this season that her smile looks weird. Something is just off with her facial expressions.

I think she had lip fillers, she had thin lips before, not so much now. She sure does look like a young 41. 

• Love 1
On 1/23/2018 at 12:44 AM, juliet73 said:

Is it just me or does Christy (Anna Faris) look like she's had some work done on her face? I've noticed this season that her smile looks weird. Something is just off with her facial expressions.

yes, she looks very different. and not in a good way. i noticed it too.

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 7:23 AM, Tosia said:

I would love to see a romance on tv with a comparable couple, but older woman and younger man. 

And you don't mean Younger (the show)? :-)

• Love 1
On 2/2/2018 at 9:23 AM, Tosia said:

I would love to see a romance on tv with a comparable couple, but older woman and younger man. 

I actually like Christy and Patrick but 9-1-1 looks to be doing a romance with a woman in her 40s (Connie Britton's character) with a guy in his mid-twenties.  It's probably short term but I'm liking it.