Type keyword(s) to search

Sunny Hostin: The Former Federal Prosecutor With the Facts!

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Culture Check: How do we discuss race and ethnicity while being respectful of under-recognized identities we might not understand or share? 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, ForumLou said:

Nah Sunny isn't that malicious.  Who knows, maybe if no politics is discussed outside MM might be fun.  Or Sara might have been busy heh

ha, ha....  mm might be fun....   yeah, that's a good one

like that could happen ever

• Love 1
21 hours ago, cinsays said:

ha, ha....  mm might be fun....   yeah, that's a good one

like that could happen ever

All of a sudden I'm having a flash of Mean Girls crossed with a touch of Heathers.  Haha both flicks are like in my personal top 7.  But I'm seeing both Sara and Sunny, Team Mean Girls, MM, Team Heathers. She needs at least a partner.  Ok add Christian Slater to team Heathers.  Let the games begin!

Does anyone recall an interview this summer (I think it was in July) where the ladies were a bit hostile to the guest, especially Sunny and she made a snide remark to the guest that they had met many times before ?

I think the guest said something like "It's nice to meet you "

And she responded along the lines of, "I need to correct you - we have met many times before but you don't remember"...something like that ?

I think the guest was the governor of Maryland, but not positive. 

Also, does anyone have the exact exchange between the two of them? I think it was very professional the way she handled it.

19 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Does anyone recall an interview this summer (I think it was in July) where the ladies were a bit hostile to the guest, especially Sunny and she made a snide remark to the guest that they had met many times before ?

And she responded along the lines of, "I need to correct you - we have met many times before but you don't remember"...something like that ?

Also, does anyone have the exact exchange between the two of them? I think it was very professional the way she handled it.

Im always game for a good search.  I looked through the schedules for July and nothing said Gov Maryland.  Do we know him/her name?  Guess i could have googled it lol.  Will try that now.

21 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

The exchange sound so familiar but I don't know who it was.

Here is gov. Larry Hogan. The first clip, Sunny's question is at 5:40. She also questioned him in the second clip @ 2:20. 

Thanks fellow Viewers ! This is driving me crazy. I thought it was Gov Hogan for some reason, but I guess not. It was definitely someone she seemed rather adverse to having on the show. I'm positive it was in July (but maybe June??). Falltime, I'm glad this sounds familiar to you - I thought I was imagining things.

Was there anyone from FOX on the show this summer, or someone who worked for or supported Trump ?

2 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Thanks fellow Viewers ! This is driving me crazy. I thought it was Gov Hogan for some reason, but I guess not. It was definitely someone she seemed rather adverse to having on the show. I'm positive it was in July (but maybe June??). Falltime, I'm glad this sounds familiar to you - I thought I was imagining things.

Was there anyone from FOX on the show this summer, or someone who worked for or supported Trump ?

I think it was the John Bolton interview. I think he was trying to suck up to the panel at the beginning and Sunny wasn't having any of it.

• Useful 1

I also remember Sunny getting pissy with some of the guests; her behaviour was no better than Meghan's in that interview with Hogan.  She should also remember that, depending on the size of the guest's laptop, Sunny's face might have been only 1-2" across, with poor audio.  And if she was having one of her bad makeup or bad hair days, it would be easy for someone who talks to lots of reporters and TV hosts to not recall if they'd met before.  If it were a guest that Sunny liked or admired, she would not have called them out for not remembering her.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, falltime said:

If that exchange happened in the Bolton episode then they didn't include that in the clips in their official YouTube  page. I couldn't find it. Here are the links

https://youtu.be/y6pW0p6WgKs

https://youtu.be/zomgod3kkb0

https://youtu.be/ZtBFjxWbRxM

https://youtu.be/ljGipk7A8w8

Who was the other guy.  just got out of jail.  His personal attorney,, was with Stormy Daniels.  Was it Comey ?  That was a  cantankerous interviepw.

Edited by ForumLou
Correction, not sure if pardoned or paroled, or he might be the guy released to house arrest sue to covid.
On 9/30/2020 at 3:03 AM, bannana said:

I am quite certain it was Bolton. He tried to suck up to the ladies, and said it was nice to meet Sunny, and she clapped back that she had met him before.

He probably didn’t recognize her with those ginormous false eyelashes. 😄

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I’ll definitely get her book eventually—she looks great on the cover, btw—but I’ll be waiting until there’s been several price drops… These kinds of books aren’t really my thing most of the time anyway, so I don’t really want to pay over $10-12 for them. Still, I’m interested to read this to some degree. I’ve been tempted by Mariah’s book which just came out, too, and I LOLed when I saw that Sunny’s book is priced higher than Mariah’s on Amazon right now.

15 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I’ll definitely get her book eventually—she looks great on the cover, btw—but I’ll be waiting until there’s been several price drops… These kinds of books aren’t really my thing most of the time anyway, so I don’t really want to pay over $10-12 for them. Still, I’m interested to read this to some degree. I’ve been tempted by Mariah’s book which just came out, too, and I LOLed when I saw that Sunny’s book is priced higher than Mariah’s on Amazon right now.

I have Mariah's book on my reserve list at the library. They have Sunny's book but only on Kindle right now and I really don't like reading books that way but if they don't get a hard cover in I might have to.

1 hour ago, bannana said:

Im old enough to remember when MeAgain was trying to get her BFF fired.  She's such a phony.  Can't understand why Sunny has gotten so friendly with her after all that has gone down.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Badbea99 said:

Im old enough to remember when MeAgain was trying to get her BFF fired.  She's such a phony.  Can't understand why Sunny has gotten so friendly with her after all that has gone down.

I miss those days of when Sunny wouldn't look in Meghun's direction.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, bannana said:

Sunny was the least paid of the co-hosts!? Does that mean Abby and Jed and MeAgain made more than Sunny?

https://news.yahoo.com/sunny-hostin-confronting-discrimination-abc-161821467.html

And she's a legal analyst for ABC on top of being a View co-host... Well, McCain being at the table at all despite nothing to recommend her besides her name was already proof of white privilege ruling at ABC really.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, bannana said:

Sunny was the least paid of the co-hosts!? Does that mean Abby and Jed and MeAgain made more than Sunny?

https://news.yahoo.com/sunny-hostin-confronting-discrimination-abc-161821467.html

I wonder if Sunny had a contract with ABC the network and not specifically the View.  I think Sara has that type of contract.  

I wasn't watching the View when Sunny first starting appearing but I remember reading here she would not be on for a few days here and there and no mention on air as to why.  If what Sunny says is true and I have no reason not to believe her it seems like ABC didn't think she was someone they had to treat well.   

These complaints about her treatment at ABC is rather interesting. I wonder if she plans on leaving the network in the coming months or the end of this season ? Maybe her contract is up and she's letting ABC (and other networks) know she's not happy there. Maybe she's aiming for her own show on MSNBC (like former host Nicolle Wallace) or CNN ? I think something is up for her to be speaking up publicly now, and not before. Just my thoughts...

• Useful 2
7 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

These complaints about her treatment at ABC is rather interesting. I wonder if she plans on leaving the network in the coming months or the end of this season ? Maybe her contract is up and she's letting ABC (and other networks) know she's not happy there. Maybe she's aiming for her own show on MSNBC (like former host Nicolle Wallace) or CNN ? I think something is up for her to be speaking up publicly now, and not before. Just my thoughts...

I was wondering the same thing, though the passive aggressive approach may not go over well with other networks.  What became of "The Whole Truth with Sunny Hostin"?   Why didn't Sunny &  her manager negotiate a decent salary rather than complain about the contract she signed?

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 2

I like Sunny.  She seems like a very nice woman, but, she is becoming more robotic and her comments kind of predictable.  When I was watching her the other day, I started to wonder if she has political aspirations.  For some reason, I'm thinking she's going to run for office someday.  I'm not sure what office that would be, but, I could see it happening.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

This morning on the Today Show Shenielle said something about an upcoming project with her good friend Sunny. Something to do with her memoir. Unfortunately Shenielle could think of what the book is called. I didn’t know they were friends. 

• Love 1

Last night Joy Reid used the exact same phrase to describe trump ("disgraced, twice impeached...").  I think she or Sunny said they were friends so I bet they (and Tiffany Cross) deliberately choose to use that same moniker.

• Love 6