Type keyword(s) to search

Sunny Hostin: The Former Federal Prosecutor With the Facts!

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Culture Check: How do we discuss race and ethnicity while being respectful of under-recognized identities we might not understand or share? 

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Ellis Bell said:

*SPOILER*  She spends an inordinate amount of ink complaining she was not properly presented as a new co-host and bitching about the fact her dressing room was on the third floor instead of the prestigious second floor.  She also gets in a few shots against those "born on third" without specifically mentioning anyone in particular (kind of like this forum,lol.)

I read her memoir last year and Sunny definitely has a chip on her shoulder where the View is concerned and I can't say I blame her.

However I found myself liking her less after reading it.  She has accomplished a lot in her life and I congratulate her on that but I do think she thinks very highly of herself and I don't like the smugness that comes out when they discuss marriages and raising kids.

I also read her novel last year. I wasn't impressed with it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

As a gal who's self-conscious of her feet, I thought it was funny Sunny first lied about her shoe size to Manny. I guess she didn't expect him to buy her shoes. lol

Did she not think he would ever look at them?  Sunny has got some insecurities where Manny is concerned. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, bluegirl147 said:

Did she not think he would ever look at them?  Sunny has got some insecurities where Manny is concerned. 

I wondered the same. Maybe she thought a 7.5 sounded cute and Manny wouldn't really know the difference? lol

On 2/9/2022 at 10:27 AM, bluegirl147 said:

I read her memoir last year and Sunny definitely has a chip on her shoulder where the View is concerned and I can't say I blame her.

However I found myself liking her less after reading it.  She has accomplished a lot in her life and I congratulate her on that but I do think she thinks very highly of herself and I don't like the smugness that comes out when they discuss marriages and raising kids.

I also read her novel last year. I wasn't impressed with it.

Sunny and Jed both had similar intros if I recall. both were tested for *months* every Friday Joy would introduce the ABC senior legal correspondent and Fox News analyst if I recall lol. then they were kind of slid into season 20 intro and then both kinda phased out raven and then Candace.

48 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I've always thought the title of this thread should be "Sunny Hostin: Former Federal Prosecutor So Why is She Here?"

I think Starr had a  snarky title in her thread about her being a lawyer because she was constantly reminding us that she used to be one.  SNL used to love to poke fun of her because of that..   I am happy that both Starr and Sunny were able to move on to other careers later in life as middle aged women. Not too many regular people get that chance..

• Love 3

Sunny was on 20/20 tonight.  It was a story about a woman who was a veterinarian who was convicted of killing her husband by feeding him animal euthanasia drugs.  They showed Sunny commenting a few times about the case, maybe about 8-10 times, a few seconds each time.  So she was on for a total of maybe a minute or two.  I'll just bet she was annoyed that others got more screen time.

• LOL 4
20 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Sunny was on 20/20 tonight.   I'll just bet she was annoyed that others got more screen time.

Whatever happened to her show "The Whole Truth with Sunny Hostin"? I saw one episode and that was it.  She seemed stiff. Was it cancelled?

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
21 hours ago, deirdra said:

Whatever happened to her show "The Whole Truth with Sunny Hostin"? I saw one episode and that was it.  She seemed stiff. Was it cancelled?

That was on the ID channel and there is nothing that said that it was cancelled. 

On 3/3/2022 at 9:34 AM, Prairie Rose said:

I do like Sunny's laugh. Her "HA HA HA!" is so infectious to me.

It makes me cringe. Like nails on a chalkboard.  Don't know why.  Wasn't always like that. I think its just been this last season and the new promo.  Its just so fake. Oooh lets have some wine and laugh together hahehah.  And maybe if she would lighten up some.  I know its serious shit but maybe laugh a little. Don't let it be so all consuming.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, ForumLou said:

It makes me cringe. Like nails on a chalkboard.  Don't know why.  Wasn't always like that. I think its just been this last season and the new promo.  Its just so fake. Oooh lets have some wine and laugh together hahehah.  And maybe if she would lighten up some.  I know its serious shit but maybe laugh a little. Don't let it be so all consuming.

To clarify, i don't mind it at the table.  It seems more natural.  I think when they were making the promo, SHSRN was gone, Joy hadn't made a decision about whether to come back or not.  We didn't know day to day if Whoopi was going to have to medically tap out. So it was realllllllllly stressful.  She was probably just waiting,for the shoe to drop.  Anyway i don't if it all adds to a fake ass laugh <G>  J/K.

Just had a random thought.  Say Sunny was going to go.  She's reached her limit.  Ok now are the PTB going to audition 'lawyers' only for the opening?  I remember Star was the original.  Not sure who was between Star and Sunny, if anyone.  Sarah can read the 'notes' but what about the legal povs?  Sunny is the best at that

On 4/18/2022 at 6:42 PM, ForumLou said:

It makes me cringe. Like nails on a chalkboard.  Don't know why.  Wasn't always like that. I think its just been this last season and the new promo.  Its just so fake.

I agree.  She started fake-laughing at Whoopi.  It was obvious Whoopi didn't like anything about Sunny and Sunny was doing ANYTHING to make Whoopi like her--including the heartiest and fakest laughs at anything Whoopi pronounced.  It was so uncomfortable.  Now she just uses that "laugh for Whoopi" as her regular laugh.  Let me repeat, ForumLou: "It's just so fake."   I won't go on about the fake FACE she presents when she's assigned to "View Your Deal."  And the "LET'S GET SHOPPING" is worthy of cringe. 

Gretta Monahan is a pro. If she MUST have a helper (and there's no need), let Sara do it.  She seems happy to do the presentations--and doesn't feel the NEED to STEAL--OR to say she uses almost every product presented!  Perhaps Sara is a better actress than Sunny.  OH!  NO!

On 2/9/2022 at 10:54 AM, RealHousewife said:

As a gal who's self-conscious of her feet, I thought it was funny Sunny first lied about her shoe size to Manny.

I wish women (mostly women) didn't care or talk so much about their various sizes.  I have a friend who stopped shopping at a particular store because size 8 no longer fit.  She blamed the store!  Not the manufacturer.  Not a slight weight gain.  The store.  As for me (with small hands and feet), I always envied the girls who could open jars more easily than I could...and didn't hear, "Sorry, we don't buy AA lower than 7's."

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I agree.  She started fake-laughing at Whoopi.  It was obvious Whoopi didn't like anything about Sunny and Sunny was doing ANYTHING to make Whoopi like her--including the heartiest and fakest laughs at anything Whoopi pronounced.  It was so uncomfortable.  Now she just uses that "laugh for Whoopi" as her regular laugh.  Let me repeat, ForumLou: "It's just so fake."   I won't go on about the fake FACE she presents when she's assigned to "View Your Deal."  And the "LET'S GET SHOPPING" is worthy of cringe. 

I love Sunny but it always bothered me when she used to try so hard to get Whoopie's approval but I get it though because Whoopie is such an icon.  Plus, Sunny saw what happened to people that got on Whoopie's bad side. Paula, Jedidiah Rosie were mistreated by Whoopie..

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I wish women (mostly women) didn't care or talk so much about their various sizes.  I have a friend who stopped shopping at a particular store because size 8 no longer fit.  She blamed the store!  Not the manufacturer.  Not a slight weight gain.  The store.  As for me (with small hands and feet), I always envied the girls who could open jars more easily than I could...and didn't hear, "Sorry, we don't buy AA lower than 7's."

Well I can relate as far as physical strength. People overestimate the strength of a tall person sometimes. My hands are longish I suppose, but slender fingers/tiny wrists and arms. I usually have to get help opening/lifting things. I'm your girl as far as getting stuff off the higher shelves though! lol

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I love Sunny but it always bothered me when she used to try so hard to get Whoopie's approval but I get it though because Whoopie is such an icon.  Plus, Sunny saw what happened to people that got on Whoopie's bad side. Paula, Jedidiah Rosie were mistreated by Whoopie..

Now that I think about it, you're right.  I hate sucking up...watching it or receiving it.  Whoopi, however, probably EXPECTS/DEMANDS it.  Since Sunny claims to be a perfectionist, perhaps she should hire a coach to help her succeed/exceed at sucking.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Oh, that’s right!  I’d forgotten that. 

I wish i could remember something quippy to say, for moments just like this. 🙃😸

I always enjoy your posts @Haleth.  Just wanted to tell you

• Love 3

I thought I should put this here and not take the weekly topic off. I think a lot of Sunny's worst mannerisms on this show (the pout, being argumentative on pointless / small things) developed because of Whoopi. They're the best way she found to get her opinions out on those topics where Whoopi does her best to cut her off immediately, by babying it down and trying to act "comical." And we know her asskissing Whoopi is also a part of it, I don't buy that Sunny really likes Whoopi after all the years of her nonsense. And some of her more cold disagreements with Sara feel part of the same thing, since Sara often seems closely aligned with Whoopi. In that way of, "I have to walk on eggshells with her (Whoopi), but I'm not going to with you, that's for sure" kind of way.

Actually, I've always kind of suspected Sunny had a role in Whoopi's mea culpa last year... Sunny does have a Jewish grandfather that she very noticeably didn't mention when the show was doing cleanup for Whoopi the next day after the controversy began; Sunny always brings up her ancestry when relevant and she could have brought it up then to defend Whoopi if she had wanted to, so to me it was like she was trying to keep attention from being drawn to that fact because it might reveal she had a part in going to Human Resources (or whatever The View has). That was the closest Whoopi ever came to really getting fired before. Her suspension was very surprising considering all the flubs and bad behavior she's survived. That's only suspicion on my part, but I say good for Sunny, if so... 😁

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 1

'The View' Cohost Sunny Hostin Had a Breast Reduction, Liposuction: 'I Feel Like a Better Version of Myself'

https://people.com/health/sunny-hostin-reveals-she-underwent-breast-reduction-liposuction-procedures/

on Aug. 22, 2022, Hostin underwent a breast reduction and lift, as well as liposuction on her waist and chin.

"It's not glamorous," says Hostin, who hired a private nurse to assist during her two-week-long recovery at home, which included drainage tubes to prevent blood and fluid buildup for three days, along with minimal scarring. "I was up and walking around in three days. I was back to work in two weeks, and I was doing Pilates in two months."

"Now I prance around nude all the time at my house — I feel great," says Hostin, who went from a G-cup to a C-cup. "I don't know, you may see me naked on The View!"

• Love 1
On 1/11/2023 at 2:50 PM, RealHousewife said:

I always thought Sunny was beautiful and had a great figure, but all that matters is that she is happy. It's wonderful she feels so much better about herself. 

A good friend of mine had breast reduction surgery years ago and never regretted it.  She mainly did it because of the back pain but also she was sick and tired of as she put it "my boobs being the first thing people see when they look at me".  Good for Sunny!

• Like 5
7 hours ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

A good friend of mine had breast reduction surgery years ago and never regretted it.  She mainly did it because of the back pain but also she was sick and tired of as she put it "my boobs being the first thing people see when they look at me".  Good for Sunny!

I've thought about getting breast implants for so many years but am scared of complications. Researching breast augmentation, plastic surgeons have said breast reduction patients are some of their happiest. 

A friend of mine recently got large implants. When she told me what size she wanted to go, I asked her, are you sure??? I personally just want my upper half to match my lower half. I have this skinny body but have a booty that pops out. My friend said she wasn't scared of back pain and didn't mind having an obvious boob job. I don't personally think I could handle that attention, but she seems happy so far. 

I didn't realize Sunny was exceptionally busty either, but she did say she constantly tried to minimize them. As someone who has dealt with body issues, it's the worst feeling like you have to constantly hide. When I was very young, I actually taped myself down and only wore baggy tops even though I wasn't even busty. (Having any kind of curves made me very uncomfortable. I wanted an Ally McBeal body.) I think we should all do our best to love our natural selves, but for some people, surgery really seems to make them so much more confident. I think it's great, just be careful and don't rush into it since there are always risks. I don't think reductions have the same issues as implants (worrying about them rupturing, needing to change them, breast implant illness, etc). 

• Hugs 2

Sunny on Black reparations again prompted me to quickly research her background a bit.  She often mentions growing up in public housing in the Bronx, less frequently that she attended private schools and spent a college semester abroad.  Don’t know if it’s accurate, but online it states that her mother wanted to be a lawyer but got knocked up ( Sunny!) in high school. Eventually, mom became a teacher. And, per same online source, Sun’s dad allegedly was a computer analyst.  I’m not opposed to reparations for the currently financially struggling who can prove they are descendants of enslaved ancestors, but think there should def be financial limitations; having an above average income in recent decades should rule out pure financial compensation, imo.

• Like 3
On 2/19/2023 at 10:01 PM, flummoxd said:

Sunny on Black reparations again prompted me to quickly research her background a bit.  She often mentions growing up in public housing in the Bronx, less frequently that she attended private schools and spent a college semester abroad.  Don’t know if it’s accurate, but online it states that her mother wanted to be a lawyer but got knocked up ( Sunny!) in high school. Eventually, mom became a teacher. And, per same online source, Sun’s dad allegedly was a computer analyst.  I’m not opposed to reparations for the currently financially struggling who can prove they are descendants of enslaved ancestors, but think there should def be financial limitations; having an above average income in recent decades should rule out pure financial compensation, imo.

Reparations should have no bearing on your financial status as a Black person in the present. It has to do what was done to our ancestors point blank period.. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

I love the color of the dress and her shoes. The style of the dress is a miss for me.

Asunción wears more flattering ( and imo, often more suitable for evening) dresses regularly on The View, then chooses this bag for a big night - I don’t get it.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)
On 5/4/2023 at 10:24 AM, flummoxd said:

Asunción wears more flattering ( and imo, often more suitable for evening) dresses regularly on The View, then chooses this bag for a big night - I don’t get it.

SHE might be her own stylist for the evenings (can THAT be possible???)  The View has a stylist. I'm sure the hosts have a say ... but the stylist has a union.

On 4/30/2023 at 2:27 PM, bluegirl147 said:

That dress is not flattering at all. The color is OK but the cut is awful.

On 5/1/2023 at 11:15 AM, deaja said:

The style of the dress is a miss for me.

On 5/1/2023 at 11:17 AM, Snapdragon said:

I feel it would look better if she didn't have her hands in the pockets, as it's making the dress fuller than it's supposed to be.

I'm surprised a dress cut like that HAS pockets.  I think this is a case of Sunny's belief that she looks FABULOUS in everything/anything ... she didn't pay close enough attention at her fitting.

Edited by Back Atcha

I don't get Sunny. Appalled by some of the women on the Golden Batchelor.

Wanting to wake up with Idris in her ear.

Chucking a birthday cake Manny brought home to share with his family.

Sunny can love sitting in a bar getting male attention. Yet Manny never could.

She needs to switch her diamond necklaces for pearls to clutch.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 7

I am tired of Sunny always saying my friend when name dropping.

I doubt they have coffee or drinks or invited to her house or entourage.

She is too busy with her family... And on the show, writing books, gardening, taking care of the chickens and dogs and at the private school for her daughter. Or texting her son. Reading the books for the show and watching the shows and movies.

I just don't think she is balancing her life.

Ana, otoh, says when I was partying with...or with etc she has the fun photos to show it.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2