Type keyword(s) to search

Sunny Hostin: The Former Federal Prosecutor With the Facts!

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Culture Check: How do we discuss race and ethnicity while being respectful of under-recognized identities we might not understand or share? 

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, falltime said:

This was in instagram stories. It was yesterday and other CNN people were there. There was another story from this party captioned 'It's CNN' - Don Lemon was upfront, maybe showing them the steps.

giphy.gif

I love how Sunny, Joy and Don Lemon are good friends. There was a post on one of their Instagram pages where Don and his husband were with Joy’s dog at her house I think. I wonder what their private conversations are like 😂

• Love 8

Meghan scoffed when Sunny referred to herself as a journalist.  Sunny's response - "well I do have a journalism degree" (in addition to a law degree).  MM apparently never bothered to read her cohosts' bios..

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
8 hours ago, deirdra said:

Meghan scoffed when Sunny referred to herself as a journalist.  Sunny's response - "well I do have a journalism degree" (in addition to a law degree).  MM apparently never bothered to read her cohosts' bios..

Plus Megaphone is jelly x 1000 because she's got NO real experience at......anything. 

She admittedly drank her way  thru her college years for her (lol) art history degree, with the addition of Mommy's bribes, I mean, donations to the college, and she knows it. 

MeMeMehgun's anger is the  projection of her insecurities and vapidity  directed out towards everyone else.  Plus being a classic example of never corrected and spoiled rotten. 

Sunny is a goddess. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Did anyone notice if Sunny had her wedding ring on today?  There was an item today in Blind Gossip that said:

Do you watch any morning show on a regular basis?

The hosts are usually upbeat and smiley, joking their way through the table talk and current events and celebrity interviews. One of those hosts may be sunny on the outside… but slightly less happy on the inside. She took off her ring a couple of weeks ago, and the whispers in the hallway are that they are “taking a break.” Now, we don’t know if this is a Ross and Rachel kind of break – where they eventually get back together – or a more permanent split. Still, it’s surprising that she would take off the ring before making any kind of announcement. Most celebrities prefer to keep the ring on until they are ready to make a public announcement so they don’t have to deal with any questions.

We’ve heard that our host reads Blind Gossip, so if she does read this, don’t be surprised if her ring is back on tomorrow… even if her relationship isn’t!

The reason I'm thinking it was Sunny is that Blind Gossip always puts word clues in their items.  This has the word "sunny" in it.  

• Love 1

I love Sunny and she does not bother me at all even when she does her fiery Latina persona to get a laugh. Representation matters and somebody who came from a hood like Sunny can look at her and say if she made it despite everything stacked up against her, then so can I. I am happy for her son.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 14
11 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I love Sunny and she does not bother me at all even when she does her fiery Latina persona to get a laugh. Representation matters and somebody who came from a hood like Sunny can look at her and say if she made it despite everything stacked up against her, then so can I. I am happy for her son.. 

Agreed. Sunny just gives me good vibes. She has a beautiful life, worked hard for it, is grateful for it, and seems to have great family values and morals. We need more people like her out there. 

• Love 13

Both Sunny & Sarah have sunny dispositions, so if anyone is in the studio, it is best to have them.  TPTB should make better use of the mute button when Meghan, Joy or Whoopi speak out of turn.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, deirdra said:

Both Sunny & Sarah have sunny dispositions, so if anyone is in the studio, it is best to have them.  TPTB should make better use of the mute button when Meghan, Joy or Whoopi speak out of turn.

They’d also have to block her video, because if they muted her, she’s have a full blown tantrum.  Wait, that would be entertaining. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Haven't seen this one yet. Length - 1h:29m

Black Women Speak: The Politics of COVID-19.

Did you know Black people are disproportionately affected by and dying with COVID-19? It’s time to take matters into our own hands. In this discussion, Angela Rye called on the justice league of Black Women commentators—Joy Reid, Amanda Seales, Jemele Hill, Sunny Hostin, Tiffany Cross, Errin Haines, and Brittany Packnett Cunningham to help America understand the politics and racial disparities associated with coronavirus.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, falltime said:

Haven't seen this one yet. Length - 1h:29m

As a woman of color I loved everything about this. 

I hate to bring Meghan up here, but a few of the women on that panel have ripped her a new one on Twitter for her behavior on the show. 🤣🤣🤣

• Love 10

I wonder why the publication of Sunny's book was moved back a year.  Maybe they're not able to print any physical books right now, but I would think they would still sell a lot of ebooks, since a lot of people have a lot of free time right now. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

There’s a loon who commented - calling Sunny a wind bag and wishing she’d caught Covid.  Also, gawd save the president and I think perhaps damning Sunny. How disturbing.  

Columnist Connie Schultz has her first novel coming out on June 9, and I've really been looking forward to it.  I checked Amazon, and it still shows that date.  I hope it doesn't change.  They do show Sunny's book with a May 4, 2021 publication date. 

I wonder if it's the publisher or author's choice whether to delay or not.

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 1

I think I must have had a stroke but I just read that Sunny thinks Biden should choose a black woman as his VP nominee as a REWARD for being loyal. What? How about finding someone qualified, educated, intelligent, experienced in international politics and someone who could step into the Presidential role if necessary? That may be the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard anyone say in my entire life. And I’m 71 years old!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I think I must have had a stroke but I just read that Sunny thinks Biden should choose a black woman as his VP nominee as a REWARD for being loyal. What? How about finding someone qualified, educated, intelligent, experienced in international politics and someone who could step into the Presidential role if necessary? That may be the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard anyone say in my entire life. And I’m 71 years old!

Black women have been the backbone of the Democratic for years. I imagine Sunny knows that there are tons of black women who fulfill all of your listed criteria. 

• Love 8
Just now, AryasMum said:

Black women have been the backbone of the Democratic for years. I imagine Sunny knows that there are tons of black women who fulfill all of your listed criteria. 

I’m sure that she does but she didn’t list any of those attributes or any of those women. If she had, her argument for a black woman VP would have carried more weight.

• Love 4
On 4/17/2020 at 2:22 PM, lusinia said:

Columnist Connie Schultz has her first novel coming out on June 9, and I've really been looking forward to it.  I checked Amazon, and it still shows that date.  I hope it doesn't change.  They do show Sunny's book with a May 4, 2021 publication date. 

I wonder if it's the publisher or author's choice whether to delay or not.

Usually, a book is delayed like this when the publisher feels it's not ready to be released and needs to be re-done. The publisher will send it back to the editor, and the editor will send it back to the author telling her that publication has been delayed because the publisher is not happy with the finished product.

If this is the case with Sunny, it means she's been asked to re-write the book itself, or parts of the book and re-submit this. The author can do the re-write (sometimes to the publisher's specifications of what they were expecting) , or she can cancel the contract, return any money given to her, and keep her book the way she wrote it - and shop it to other publishers, hoping for a release this summer. If this is the case with Sunny, it looks like she's agreeing to rewrite.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 4/17/2020 at 7:00 AM, lusinia said:

I wonder why the publication of Sunny's book was moved back a year. 

Maybe she had to remove or tone down a character in her novel who was a clone of Bethenny Frankel, who can never be forgotten for yelling at screaming kids (who are now college aged).

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I love the cover for the memoir farther up this page. That's the first time I've seen it. It's a shame if it's been delayed; I might actually buy hers. I imagine she might have decided she wanted a release date at a time when the Coronavirus may (hopefully) be a little more under control. People aren't really making luxury purchases right now.

• Love 3
On 7/19/2020 at 3:07 PM, falltime said:

I would lose too!

I find it so endearing how family oriented Sunny is. Her family is so lovely, and a lot of it has to do with her. She’s a good woman, picked a good man, and is doing a great job with her kids. I also love that her mother lives with them. I know so many people who are either single, divorced, in unhappy marriages, are bad parents, or don’t care about their own elderly parents. It really warms my heart when I see families like Sunny’s.

• Love 6

Sunny's Make-Up Experiments.    I would prefer that she try these odd SHADING techniques and WEIRD bottom lipstick shows on her own private time.  Recently I haven't been able to concentrate much on what she says because a weird MATT CORAL (in the middle) bottom lip keeps wagging at me.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Kayz Opinion said:

Sunny's Make-Up Experiments.    I would prefer that she try these odd SHADING techniques and WEIRD bottom lipstick shows on her own private time.  Recently I haven't been able to concentrate much on what she says because a weird MATT CORAL (in the middle) bottom lip keeps wagging at me.

LOL speaking of her makeup, people always talk about Sunny being high maintenance because she's mentioned wearing makeup to bed. But in the videos above, she looked like she had minimal makeup on and was still totally pretty. She 's a naturally beautiful woman and just a perfectionist imo. 

• Love 3
On 7/20/2020 at 11:42 PM, RealHousewife said:

I would lose too!

I find it so endearing how family oriented Sunny is. Her family is so lovely, and a lot of it has to do with her. She’s a good woman, picked a good man, and is doing a great job with her kids. I also love that her mother lives with them. I know so many people who are either single, divorced, in unhappy marriages, are bad parents, or don’t care about their own elderly parents. It really warms my heart when I see families like Sunny’s.

What i like is that she still seems like a down to earth working mom.  Concerned about what all moms are concerned about.  I do think having Mom live with you is a blessing.  There are a lot of people out there who would love to be able to do that, me included, and for whatever reason can't.

• Love 3

Posts have been removed for mentioning recent politicians and political activity and how The View hosts are responding or may respond.

Any discussion of political figures, political parties or political entities (Congress, Parliament, etc) is considered off-topic and not allowed on Primetimer UNLESS it is specifically mentioned as part of the show's episodes, and then only in the context of the show itself.  

With the show on hiatus, there is no opportunity to discuss any political figures in The View forum at this time:

On 3/4/2020 at 8:23 PM, Gemma Violet said:

Did anyone notice if Sunny had her wedding ring on today?  There was an item today in Blind Gossip that said:

The reason I'm thinking it was Sunny is that Blind Gossip always puts word clues in their items.  This has the word "sunny" in it.  

IDK.  Seems too obvious to me.  Its well known that Sara -h is often called sunny.  And she's been having a rough go of it.  The 'sunny' could be a deflection.

• Useful 1
14 hours ago, gatopretoNYC said:

Why on earth would Sunny have Megabitch doing this with her? 

At first I was going to say because Sunny is a better person than me but then I thought maybe Sunny is setting up Meghan to look foolish.  Which honestly isn't that hard to do.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

At first I was going to say because Sunny is a better person than me but then I thought maybe Sunny is setting up Meghan to look foolish.  Which honestly isn't that hard to do.

Nah Sunny isn't that malicious.  Who knows, maybe if no politics is discussed outside MM might be fun.  Or Sara might have been busy heh