Type keyword(s) to search

Sunny Hostin: The Former Federal Prosecutor With the Facts!

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Culture Check: How do we discuss race and ethnicity while being respectful of under-recognized identities we might not understand or share? 

• Start Topic

On 8/2/2019 at 12:08 AM, bannana said:

We tip daily and always leave the tips with a note from us and our names.  The reason being, hotel staff are not allowed to pick up that money unless it is clear it is a tip.

I was told to leave it on the pillow, but that felt icky.  😉

I usually have square Post-Its in my purse (I'm a compulsive list maker), so I usually just slap it on a five on the dresser and say, "Thank you to Housekeeping!" (Yes, I'm cheesy IRL.)

• Love 4
On 8/1/2019 at 1:05 PM, deirdra said:

that depends on whether you have toddlers or kittens in your house or not, especially if you have air vents under the roll

I always thought it was because I was left-handed (I like it "under").  I shared the bathroom with my two little boys because there was a tub. They grew up not knowing a difference; just use toilet paper.  My husband had "his own" en suite (we had never heard that term in the 70s).  He must have "installed" his own toilet paper.

When my bathroom woodwork was painted, the guy didn't put the toilet roll holder back on and we've done just fine for 10+yrs with a roll sitting on the counter.

2 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I usually have square Post-Its in my purse (I'm a compulsive list maker),

Me too...but I'm picky about the color selections of the Post-Its.  I buy a package.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

When my bathroom woodwork was painted, the guy didn't put the toilet roll holder back on and we've done just fine for 10+yrs with a roll sitting on the counter.

Me too...but I'm picky about the color selections of the Post-Its.  I buy a package.

I’m in a 1958 duplex and the wooden roller is literally  on a wall across from the toilet ( have no idea whose arms would reach) there is a mental roller thingy that clamps under the tank lid. Works well. 

• Love 1

Sunny is just beautiful!

And wicked smart. 

I'm guessing she does the coy and  jealous poses to soften her edge ......and throw off opposing lawyers or viewers or others who are intimidated by accomplished, brilliant WOMEN. 

I cd see her having her own show ( a different show than the one coming up),  on MSNBC  where she explains the legal ramifications of politicians words and actions with guests for further  comments. She wd basically be explaining to average folk how politicians are screwing us over to line their own pockets. Guests cd also be from  the state of the said politicians who are wrangling questionable  perks from proposed/existing legislation. No idiots like MM (from AZ? or NY?)  to spout lies, lies, damned lies. 

I love Sunny's legalese. 

Heck, I just love her. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Tosia said:

Sunny is just beautiful!

And wicked smart. 

I'm guessing she does the coy and  jealous poses to soften her edge ......and throw off opposing lawyers or viewers or others who are intimidated by accomplished, brilliant WOMEN. 

I cd see her having her own show ( a different show than the one coming up),  on MSNBC  where she explains the legal ramifications of politicians words and actions with guests for further  comments. She wd basically be explaining to average folk how politicians are screwing us over to line their own pockets. Guests cd also be from  the state of the said politicians who are wrangling questionable  perks from proposed/existing legislation. No idiots like MM (from AZ? or NY?)  to spout lies, lies, damned lies. 

I love Sunny's legalese. 

Heck, I just love her. 

All this! Sunny is a beautiful, hardworking, highly intelligent, accomplished, classy, and kind woman. She is one of a kind, I just love her too. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 9

Sunny was spilling a little tea. Just a little though. 👀

At the same time, you can tell she was being very careful with her answers about the show.

It’s annoying when she puts on the innocent act with the voice to match though. 😑

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

At the same time, you can tell she was being very careful with her answers about the show.

It’s annoying when she puts on the innocent act with the voice to match though. 😑

Yes she dislikes Meghan as much as we think she does. I guess they have to say they adore each😉sure sure😂

I hate those glittery barrettes woman have been wearing 🤔 ugly!

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I like some of those glitter-barrettes on some people.  I remember getting one 30+years ago in the L.A. Garment District when I had a lotta red hair.  I thought it said "Hollywood," and I'm sure the creators/sellers thought it said "Hollywood."  A couple of times when I wore it people said, "Nollywood?" I checked and that "H" was certainly iffy.  She was put away; I have no idea where she ended up.

5 hours ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

It’s annoying when she puts on the innocent act with the voice to match though.

There's SO MUCH annoying about Sunny.  She's TOO NEEDY.  She's DYING to be an "A" List Celebrity!  Can't she just relax and enjoy how bright and accomplished she is?

• Love 6

Apparently Jimmy Kimmel thinks Sunny et al live in an apartment!  He wondered what she does with chickens in an apartment.

• LOL 5

I'm so glad you posted this.  I meant to watch but forgot about it.  Now I don't have to fast-forward to this part OnDemand.  

You know, I haven't liked at all the glittery hair accessories she's worn on the show (wasn't at least one of them a word?), but these were okay because they looked like actual barrettes, plus it was a nighttime show and she was more dressed up. 

She was probably happy to get a chance to talk without being interrupted.   

• Love 3

I'm trying desperately to watch Sunny's show, and I don't know why because it's like most of the rest of the shows on the channel, but, OMG the ads are unbelievable!  The actual show must be about 20 minutes long max. Worse even than The View.  Sorry, Sunny.  I tried!

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 3
On 11/1/2019 at 12:14 AM, bannana said:

I like the idea of her embracing her clown fear!

pennywise dance GIF

If you don't look in the mirror, it could be quite an empowering way to tackle a fear of clowns - become one!  

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 1
On 10/9/2019 at 6:25 AM, GoldenGirl90 said:

I wish Sunny would just let it rip on Meghan one day. Sunny clearly knows her stuff, and so often looks like she's trying not to give Meghan the what for, but that really needs to end. McCain hasn't taken the hint that Hostin is going light on her all of the time.

I don't mind Sunny's cutesy moments in that interview or on the show. I don't know, I find them ... cute. She doesn't have to be cutesy mind you, but if that's part of the way she sees herself, then that doesn't bother me. 

• Love 4

Since I didn’t watch yesterday, I’m assuming Sunny asked him things from a legal perspective. Donnie Jr. attacked her on Twitter and she responded.

Can someone tell me if he was disrespectful to Sunny yesterday? I’m just confused as to why him and his gf continue to go after the ladies on social media, but from what I read about yesterday, it didn’t play out this way while they were there in person. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Can someone tell me if he was disrespectful to Sunny yesterday? I’m just confused as to why him and his gf continue to go after the ladies on social media, but from what I read about yesterday, it didn’t play out this way while they were there in person. 

Publicity for his book.  He wrote a book, titled "Triggered: how the Left thrives on Hate and wants to Silence us."   The point of his appearance on The View was to "trigger" the hosts, so he and Gargoyle can go on twitter and laugh at how the "liberals"  are so triggered by anything pro-trump.  I"m sure he thinks the appearance went well. 

DJTD was asked about disclosing the name of the whistleblower, he said there was nothing wrong with it, and Sunny said "my law degree says otherwise."  She said it is a felony.  I think DJTJ is the one who was "triggered"  by Sunny.  After the show, He  tweeted that he didn't know where Sunny got her law degree, but she should ask for a refund.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Thanks for that @tinkerbell ! So based on what you said, he saved all his snark for twitter and to promote his stupid book, but didn’t act like a tough guy while he was there. Him and his gf have been on a roll since yesterday, smh. They both sound like the “triggered” ones here. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Publicity for his book.  He wrote a book, titled "Triggered: how the Left thrives on Hate and wants to Silence us."   The point of his appearance on The View was to "trigger" the hosts, so he and Gargoyle can go on twitter and laugh at how the "liberals"  are so triggered by anything pro-trump.  I"m sure he thinks the appearance went well. 

DJTD was asked about disclosing the name of the whistleblower, he said there was nothing wrong with it, and Sunny said "my law degree says otherwise."  She said it is a felony.  I think DJTJ is the one who was "triggered"  by Sunny.  After the show, He  tweeted that he didn't know where Sunny got her law degree, but she should ask for a refund.  

The funny thing is, even his girlfriend and former prosecutor, Kimberly Guilfoyle didn't want to get near his stink on that issue. She kept distancing herself from him in the retelling of the tweet.

(Paraphrase)

Sunny: Do you know it's a felony to release the name of a whistleblower?

DJT: I didn't release the name.

Sunny: You did release the name.

Kimberly: Well, umm, see ...

Sunny: Did you, Kimberly, advise DTJr that it was legal to release the name?

Kimberly: No, no, of course not. I mean, let's make it clear, I was NOT there when he did it. I had stepped into the bathroom to brush my teeth, but when I came back into the room and found out what he did I was shocked! None of this matters though because he didn't leak the name since it was already out.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1