Type keyword(s) to search

2018 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, dccfangirl said:

Also I hate that CMT uses "1 2 3 turnaround" pretty much every year for the fat/bad dancer montage. 

I thought it was just me that HATED that! I think last year or the year before they played this loopy instrumental music in it's place.

• Love 1

The young woman in a red top who is featured in one of the most recent audition photos posted on the official DCC Instagram account, is fierce and gorgeous, though of course I do not know how she dances.  Her name is apparently Aisha Ramirez, and she dances for the Spurs.  She has a real DCC look, hope she makes it through to Finals.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

I thought it was just me that HATED that! I think last year or the year before they played this loopy instrumental music in it's place.

There was an annoying song they used in either season 1 or 2 when they did the kick line at finals.  Sounded like munchkins singing.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, California Girl said:

The young woman in a red top who is featured in one of the most recent audition photos posted on the official DCC Instagram account, is fierce and gorgeous, though of course I do not know how she dances.  Her name is apparently Aisha Ramirez, and she dances for the Spurs.  She has a real DCC look, hope she makes it through to Finals.

She has tried out 2 times, 2015 and 2014 made it to semi's both times

32 minutes ago, California Girl said:

She has tried out 2 times, 2015 and 2014 made it to semi's both times

What a long day, kellyporazzo IG story just said done dancing for the day and now taking test.  

2 hours ago, go4luca said:

Re: Not liking Ally T...add me to the list.  I remember watching one of her vet seasons on MTT and although I can't recall the exact moment, I do remember getting 'tude which didn't sit well with me.

Add me, I never could stand her. She came across that she thought she was better than anyone else, and she seemed like a mean girl/backstabber to me. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Jay Johnson has a cute break time insta live video up.

For those not on Insta, here's a temporary upload I'll remove after a bit. 

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 1

I heard that when they pulled the board out yesterday with the numbers on it with who is going to semi finals that they had to do it two times for the cameras to get it the way they wanted it.  After the girls had waited 4 hours for the judges to deliberate.  Crazy

• Love 1

Does anyone know the real number of girls who tried out? Also, is the practice of skipping numbers clearly for the cameras (to make it seem like they had 400+), or is there some legitimate reason to do that?

6 minutes ago, GBPackersfan said:

Add me, I never could stand her. She came across that she thought she was better than anyone else, and she seemed like a mean girl/backstabber to me. 

And she was not pretty AT ALL on top of it.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Jess14 said:

Does anyone know the real number of girls who tried out? Also, is the practice of skipping numbers clearly for the cameras (to make it seem like they had 400+), or is there some legitimate reason to do that?

They may post audition facts after finals like they did last year. I feel like the audition numbers are so slim but they want to make us think because they claim to be best of the best that hundreds of girls audition when really only I'm guessing around 150-175 actually audition

• Love 4
1 hour ago, tinabee1967 said:

She's pretty, but OY! Put DOWN the contour brush! 

There's something that i find not quite right with her face. I think its her cheeks/jaw/mouth. She looks like a ventriloquist doll. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

And she was not pretty AT ALL on top of it.

She's definitely changed over the years. I really don't like her attitude. 

• Love 2
Just now, JayDKay said:

There's something that i find not quite right with her face. I think its her cheeks/jaw/mouth. She looks like a ventriloquist doll. 

Her face is manly if you know what I mean

• Love 3

Haven't we seen on TV that, when the candidates are let into the stadium, there are 4 or 5 different lines? If you're doing that to speed up the processing, then each station would have to have different groups of numbers -- for example, station 1 would have numbers 1-99, station 2 could have numbers 100-199, station 3 could have numbers 200-299, etc. That would explain some skipping of numbers, although it in no way explains why they always say "hundreds" audition when we can clearly see on the show when they're sitting in the stadium that it's fewer than that. 

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, GBPackersfan said:

Wasn't Gina I think was her name came off as better than you as well and got called out for it

• Love 1
(edited)

Melissa R just said "about to start deliberations" I hope it wont be 4 hours like last night.

They revamped the locker room for deliberations.

Edited by 5678Pixie
29 minutes ago, JanetLand said:

Haven't we seen on TV that, when the candidates are let into the stadium, there are 4 or 5 different lines? If you're doing that to speed up the processing, then each station would have to have different groups of numbers -- for example, station 1 would have numbers 1-99, station 2 could have numbers 100-199, station 3 could have numbers 200-299, etc. That would explain some skipping of numbers, although it in no way explains why they always say "hundreds" audition when we can clearly see on the show when they're sitting in the stadium that it's fewer than that. 

Looks st the rod and number of seats on all the SM, I don’t think it was more than 100-150 at most yesterday then half that for today.  They are dropping year by year 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Somewhere I’m my twisted mind, I’m imagining Cassie and Judy being Baby Kalina’s #1 fans, just so people will stop talking about Cassie. 

I have to add that Last year Dayton fully admits she sort of auditioned to see what would happen and was not training hard or prepared, so I give her a pass on not being ? ready then. I also think it’s a humbling, but savvy move to put her self out there and then failed. They can’t claim she just got in on her connections now.

I side eye the crap out of Dayton bombing the interview and solo, and looking soft last year.  I think if those things were home runs and she bombed the DCC choreo, it could have been chalked up to having a bad day, but the other things... nope. Whether it was “she’s 90% there, she needs more time to be able to pick up DCC choreo quickly” or “flexibility needs more time”, then sure, I’m down with that. 

If a random 18 year old used the “just a prep year” excuse, I’d buy it, but the sword cuts both ways. Yes there is additional pressure on Dayton (and Victoria) but they also have an immense advantage over other candidates with all of the resources there for the learning.

I understand Dayton was only 18 last year, but other 18 year old candidates have rocked the interviews in the past, so age js not an excuse. Being well-spoken is a skill that will serve you well in life, and it’s never too early to be able to speak confidently in any given situation. Pagent contestants have training, why not Dayton? (Don’t get me started on the quality of the answers, especially when your mom can help you prepare!) Solo and body are also two things within your control, so again... total side eye from me. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

OMG, two different people who auditioned yesterday (one made it to semis, one didn't) said that Victoria was telling people that her mother was best friends with Kelli and thus Victoria "wasn't that worried."  That makes me so mad.

That would piss me off SO bad if I was auditioning and heard that.  If it's true she said that, I hope Victoria gets cut at semis while Dayton goes on to Finals, into Training Camp and makes the squad.

6 minutes ago, Roo22 said:

I always thought the test was at finals. If they do the test at semis, when do the vets take it?

I seem to remember hearing that they take at some point during the week but before Finals.  I don't know how they do it, but people are probably grading those tests as we speak and HOPEFULLY have the results by the time judges go into deliberations so that the ones who flunk it don't go on to Finals, the ones who pass with flying colors go on with no problems, the ones who are questionable on the test but otherwise fine gets passed on to Finals and the ones who are questionable on the test and elsewhere get turned down.

I suspect the numbers they have ready (and "advertise" on national television) are based on those who turned in an application, yet the majority didn't turn up for whatever reason.  They have to have everything ready IF everyone who signed up turned up, even if the actual number who show up is below 200.  I wonder exactly how many turned up, exactly how many moved on to semis and exactly how many move on to Finals.  I remember hearing that there's an average of 75-85 that move on to finals (though that number could be whack or include the vets).   No matter how many girls get cut, we see five-ten of them (maybe fifteen) at most who get cut.  Most who get cut likely just check out the board to see if their numbers is there then disappear because they probably don't want to hang out with a bunch of happy, giddy girls who got what the cut girls wanted, a spot in the next round.

Sorry if I'm a little behind (and possibly a little out of it).  I did a 10k this morning and, while I'm in shape, I know I need to do better for next year.  Main things are to lose weight, do more cardio, and to eat less (as I'm chowing down on Reese's sticks chocolate/peanut butter sticks).

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

That would piss me off SO bad if I was auditioning and heard that.  If it's true she said that, I hope Victoria gets cut at semis while Dayton goes on to Finals, into Training Camp and makes the squad.

I seem to remember hearing that they take at some point during the week but before Finals.  I don't know how they do it, but people are probably grading those tests as we speak and HOPEFULLY have the results by the time judges go into deliberations so that the ones who flunk it don't go on to Finals, the ones who pass with flying colors go on with no problems, the ones who are questionable on the test but otherwise fine gets passed on to Finals and the ones who are questionable on the test and elsewhere get turned down.

I suspect the numbers they have ready (and "advertise" on national television) are based on those who turned in an application, yet the majority didn't turn up for whatever reason.  They have to have everything ready IF everyone who signed up turned up, even if the actual number who show up is below 200.  I wonder exactly how many turned up, exactly how many moved on to semis and exactly how many move on to Finals.  I remember hearing that there's an average of 75-85 that move on to finals (though that number could be whack or include the vets).   No matter how many girls get cut, we see five-ten of them (maybe fifteen) at most who get cut.  Most who get cut likely just check out the board to see if their numbers is there then disappear because they probably don't want to hang out with a bunch of happy, giddy girls who got what the cut girls wanted, a spot in the next round.

Sorry if I'm a little behind (and possibly a little out of it).  I did a 10k this morning and, while I'm in shape, I know I need to do better for next year.  Main things are to lose weight, do more cardio, and to eat less (as I'm chowing down on Reese's sticks chocolate/peanut butter sticks).

If Victoria does make it to TC, would Kelli or Judy call her on her attitude?  If not, they won't be doing her any favors.  There have been many comments made regarding how she acts at prep classes - pushing to the front, her attitude, etc.  If she were to be a TCC and then, maybe a rookie, will she stand in the back or automatically try to push to the front?  Would her group leader be allowed to address this?

I thought someone said they take the test when they come in for their panel interview?  Veterans take it at that time as well.

And if you ran a 10K this morning, you DESERVE those Reese's sticks!!!  They say you need carbs and protein after you work out:)

• Love 2
4 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

My additions to the semifinalist list - hopefully not stepping on any toes

Abby Penprase @abbypenprase / Dallas Stars, Kilgore Rangerettes
Aisha Ramirez @aisharamirez / San Antonio Spurs
Alex Yap @alexgyap / 2017 DCC Finalist
Amber Nicole @amber_nicole74 / Kilgore Rangerettes
Ashley Charlton @ashleybeth247 / Texas Legends
Ashley Wood @ashnicholewood / U of Kentucky Dance Team
Audrey Jones @audderr / Allen Americans
Brianna (Bri) Lutrell @briannalshea / Texas Legends, Kilgore Rangerettes, 2017 DCC Finalist
Bridget Jacob @classic_bridge / San Diego Chargers
Brittany Myricks @thebrittanyelle / Allen Americans
Brooke Carnley @brookecarnley / Dallas Stars, Texas Legends
Brooke Johns @brookejohnss / Dallas Stars
Caroline Sundvold @caroline sundvold / University of Missouri Golden Girls
Carolyn Oliver @carol_m_oli / Baltimore Blast
Cassidy Hale @cassidykay_ / Dallas Cowboys Rhythm & Blue, Kilgore Rangerettes
Cristi Fisher @cristi_fisher / Detroit Pistons, Allen Americans, 2017 DCC Finalist
Daphne Janes @daph7 / UCLA Dance Team
Dayton Bramhall @daytonbramhall / 2017 DCC Finalist
Emilee Rose @emileerose1 / Los Angeles Lakers
Emily Morales @emily_morales / Dallas Mavericks
Gabby Goduco @gabbyluise / University of Arizona Pomline
Hanna Oliver @hannaoliver / Allen Americans, 2017 DCC Finalist
Hannah Hancock @hannahhancock__ / University of Florida Dazzlers
Jasmin Ammons @jasmin.marie26
Jasmine Whittington @jazzwhitt / Texas Legends
Jourdyn Moore @jourdynmoore / Texas Legends, Allen Americans, 2013 and 2017 DCC Finalist
Kali Mikelson @kalimikelson / Iowa Energy, Iowa Barnstormers, 2017 DCC Finalist
Kelly Porazzo @kellyporazzo
Kristen Dodd @kdodd_10 / Allen Americans, 2017 DCC Finalist
Lauren Chapman @laurenec71 / Houston Texans, Kilgore Rangerettes
Lauren Strong @laurbstrong / Texas Legends
Lily Johnson @lilyjay21 / U of Kentucky Dance Team
Lindsey Waldrop @lindseycwaldrop / San Antonio Spurs
Lindsey Witt @lindsey_witt.77 / Kilgore Rangerettes
Madeline Malloy @madeline_malloy / Notre Dame Pom Squad, 2017 DCC Finalist
Madi Allemier @madiallemier / Dallas Stars, 2017 DCC Finalist
Mary Kate Domino @mkdomino / Dallas Stars
Melissa Regan @melissa_on_the_reg
Mitchell Rowden @mlrdances
Nicole McIntosh @nicoleamcintosh
Randi Sundquist @randisundquist /Allen Americans, 2017 DCC Finalist
Raven Anzaldua @ravenelise24 / Allen Americans
Reiley Menzie @reileykaye / OU Pom
Taylor Johnson @taylorjohnsonj / Texas A&M Aggie Dance Team
Thelma Flores @thelmaax / Dallas Sidekicks
Tiffany Taliaferro @tiff_taliaferro
Victoria Kalina @victoriaakalina

Thanks!

• Love 1

I do not think the finalists and rookies take the test before the day finals start. I heard the semi-finalists take it the day of semi-finals, and the vets take the week of finals. There have been finalists and vets who have flunk the test, but they have made it to TC. In Season 3, Kelli called out the rookies and vets who flunked the test at the first TC meeting.

I also remembered reading someplace the CMT camera crews had the semi-finalist board, and the girls being called for finals and TC called out again to get a better reaction to  finding out they made it to the next round or into TC.

3 hours ago, DancingNurse said:

Those tank tops are dreadful. 

I keep expecting a cape to come out from behind them... It so reads super hero to me (in a cheesy sense). 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, go4luca said:

Another temporary video post because I heart Phil and how he always tries to break up the stress on audition day.

I love Phil he is great 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, go4luca said:

Another temporary video post because I heart Phil and how he always tries to break up the stress on audition day.

I LOVE Phil

• Love 8
6 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

She probably knows she bombed her interview

I agree, I'm pretty sure last year Shelly posted that Dayton knew she bombed her interview.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

I agree!! I hate that song... find something else ?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

My additions to the semifinalist list - hopefully not stepping on any toes

Abby Penprase @abbypenprase / Dallas Stars, Kilgore Rangerettes
Aisha Ramirez @aisharamirez / San Antonio Spurs
Alex Yap @alexgyap / 2017 DCC Finalist
Amber Nicole @amber_nicole74 / Kilgore Rangerettes
Ashley Charlton @ashleybeth247 / Texas Legends
Ashley Wood @ashnicholewood / U of Kentucky Dance Team
Audrey Jones @audderr / Allen Americans
Brianna (Bri) Lutrell @briannalshea / Texas Legends, Kilgore Rangerettes, 2017 DCC Finalist
Bridget Jacob @classic_bridge / San Diego Chargers
Brittany Myricks @thebrittanyelle / Allen Americans
Brooke Carnley @brookecarnley / Dallas Stars, Texas Legends
Brooke Johns @brookejohnss / Dallas Stars
Caroline Sundvold @caroline sundvold / University of Missouri Golden Girls
Carolyn Oliver @carol_m_oli / Baltimore Blast
Cassidy Hale @cassidykay_ / Dallas Cowboys Rhythm & Blue, Kilgore Rangerettes
Cristi Fisher @cristi_fisher / Detroit Pistons, Allen Americans, 2017 DCC Finalist
Daphne Janes @daph7 / UCLA Dance Team
Dayton Bramhall @daytonbramhall / 2017 DCC Finalist
Emilee Rose @emileerose1 / Los Angeles Lakers
Emily Morales @emily_morales / Dallas Mavericks
Gabby Goduco @gabbyluise / University of Arizona Pomline
Hanna Oliver @hannaoliver / Allen Americans, 2017 DCC Finalist
Hannah Hancock @hannahhancock__ / University of Florida Dazzlers
Jasmin Ammons @jasmin.marie26
Jasmine Whittington @jazzwhitt / Texas Legends
Jourdyn Moore @jourdynmoore / Texas Legends, Allen Americans, 2013 and 2017 DCC Finalist
Kali Mikelson @kalimikelson / Iowa Energy, Iowa Barnstormers, 2017 DCC Finalist
Kelly Porazzo @kellyporazzo
Kristen Dodd @kdodd_10 / Allen Americans, 2017 DCC Finalist
Lauren Chapman @laurenec71 / Houston Texans, Kilgore Rangerettes
Lauren Strong @laurbstrong / Texas Legends
Lily Johnson @lilyjay21 / U of Kentucky Dance Team
Lindsey Waldrop @lindseycwaldrop / San Antonio Spurs
Lindsey Witt @lindsey_witt.77 / Kilgore Rangerettes
Madeline Malloy @madeline_malloy / Notre Dame Pom Squad, 2017 DCC Finalist
Madi Allemier @madiallemier / Dallas Stars, 2017 DCC Finalist
Mary Kate Domino @mkdomino / Dallas Stars
Melissa Regan @melissa_on_the_reg
Mitchell Rowden @mlrdances
Nicole McIntosh @nicoleamcintosh
Randi Sundquist @randisundquist /Allen Americans, 2017 DCC Finalist
Raven Anzaldua @ravenelise24 / Allen Americans
Reiley Menzie @reileykaye / OU Pom
Taylor Johnson @taylorjohnsonj / Texas A&M Aggie Dance Team
Thelma Flores @thelmaax / Dallas Sidekicks
Tiffany Taliaferro @tiff_taliaferro
Victoria Kalina @victoriaakalina

Sorry long time lurker and cheering from San Antonio! But Briana Renae from San Antonio silver Spurs is at semis! She’s wearing maroon and was in the insta sorry yesterday. 

• Love 1
(edited)
22 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I agree, I'm pretty sure last year Shelly posted that Dayton knew she bombed her interview.

IIRC, Shelly said Dayton "could have done better".  Then we all saw that yep, she did bomb. :-/

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 1

Please forgive me but found one more (temporary link) video of Phil to share because the man is getting down and having a blast.  Seriously LOVE him!

(be sure and hit the full screen option)

• Love 5
5 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

Not a problem! I’m happy too! I get a thrill from it every year, ha!! You’ll find me updating it until the team is announced

Your efforts are much appreciated!! 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Lunacat said:

Did Brennan not make it past day 1?!??

She may have. I just don't think there's been official confirmation of that

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Cody701 said:

The girls in the 3rd and 5th pics look familiar?

I totally agree but can't remember names 

Here's the picture of the third girl

Screenshot_2018-05-06-17-03-00.png

I believe the picture of the third girl has been in tc before 

• Love 1