Type keyword(s) to search

2018 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

Somewhere I’m my twisted mind, I’m imagining Cassie and Judy being Baby Kalina’s #1 fans, just so people will stop talking about Cassie. 

I have to add that Last year Dayton fully admits she sort of auditioned to see what would happen and was not training hard or prepared, so I give her a pass on not being ? ready then. I also think it’s a humbling, but savvy move to put her self out there and then failed. They can’t claim she just got in on her connections now.

• Love 8
54 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

OMG, two different people who auditioned yesterday (one made it to semis, one didn't) said that Victoria was telling people that her mother was best friends with Kelli and thus Victoria "wasn't that worried."  That makes me so mad.

I wasn't there but I highly doubt Victoria said that....

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

That’s not the best picture of Cristi, but she’s beautiful. Her AAIA pictures are much better. 

She photographs really well 

She definitely looks better here and as mentioned above by @Txmomof2, the side sweep is a much better look.  But I can't help see that nose and her thin upper lip weird smile Gina has.  I know, I've been absolutely awful during these auditions and I'm normally not this bad.  I'm frustrated and want to see more prospects like Abigail please.

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Somewhere I’m my twisted mind, I’m imagining Cassie and Judy being Baby Kalina’s #1 fans, just so people will stop talking about Cassie. 

I have to add that Last year Dayton fully admits she sort of auditioned to see what would happen and was not training hard or prepared, so I give her a pass on not being ? ready then. I also think it’s a humbling, but savvy move to put her self out there and then failed. They can’t claim she just got in on her connections now.

Why exactly can't we say she made it on her connections only? There are many girls who keep trying out year after year and don't make it. I really do hope she proves me wrong, but Dayton would never catch their eye if she wasn't a Bramhall. I like her better than Victoria, but she is too vanilla and mediocre for dcc. And don't forget that Shelly herself said that last year her precious daughter got feedback from the judges, something that no other girl is getting. That right there is special treatment. She's just lucky that Shelly has fans on here and she's definitely more low profile than Victoria.

1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

I suspect that girls like Erin Sauerhage, Brianna (the girl Kelli thought was SO gorgeous last year), Brennan and the like will keep quiet this year until they make Finals, if they even speak up until auditions are over. 

As much as I would have loved to have Taryn audition again (and it would likely be a good year for her to do so), I can see why she wouldn't, especially after what happened last year.  To be the last one cut, then not only see girls that had more issues than you (from her point of view) make the squad but see at least three girls leave during the year (including one in preseason) it would be heartbreaking and frustrating to come that close and yet not make it.   

Is Brianna auditioning again? I feel like she would have been feautured already-they showed Victoria,Dayton,Madeline, Brennan and Eri already. I doubt it was a coincidence! 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Is Brianna auditioning again? I feel like she would have been feautured already-they showed Victoria,Dayton,Madeline, Brennan and Eri already. I doubt it was a coincidence! 

No.  Brianna is off to college in Florida for 4 years.

• Love 2

If one did not hear Victoria make those statements personally ....then  it is nothing but hearsay.  I am not a Victoria fan but it's not fair to her to spread rumors about something she may or may not have said.  Just my opinion.  That and 5$ buys my Starbucks.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Kayce said:

If one did not hear Victoria make those statements personally ....then  it is nothing but hearsay.  I am not a Victoria fan but it's not fair to her to spread rumors about something she may or may not have said.  Just my opinion.  That and 5$ buys my Starbucks.

Two different people who do not know one another reported the same thing.

19 hours ago, Cody701 said:

Oh my...thats an AWFUL pic of her...she looks in her 40s (if not 50s) in this.

I'm 49 and she looks nearly identical to a woman who graduated high school with me. I would have put her in  my age group. Not sure if it's the makeup or her, but she looks a lot older. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Why exactly can't we say she made it on her connections only? There are many girls who keep trying out year after year and don't make it. I really do hope she proves me wrong, but Dayton would never catch their eye if she wasn't a Bramhall. I like her better than Victoria, but she is too vanilla and mediocre for dcc. And don't forget that Shelly herself said that last year her precious daughter got feedback from the judges, something that no other girl is getting. That right there is special treatment. She's just lucky that Shelly has fans on here and she's definitely more low profile than Victoria.

I do not think Dayton got special treatment. She probably knows she bombed her interview and was struggling a little with the finals routine without hearing it from her mom or a judge. If she got special treatment, the judges would have let her into TC knowing she bombed her interview and having a hard time with the one routine. Look at Tasha. She came in out of shape and bombed her interview, but she made it back into TC and on the squad while one year girls in the past were cut for the same thing aka Alyssa from Season 6.

1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not think Dayton got special treatment. She probably knows she bombed her interview and was struggling a little with the finals routine without hearing it from her mom or a judge. If she got special treatment, the judges would have let her into TC knowing she bombed her interview and having a hard time with the one routine. Look at Tasha. She came in out of shape and bombed her interview, but she made it back into TC and on the squad while one year girls in the past were cut for the same thing aka Alyssa from Season 6.

Well she was the only one ever who got feedback after auditions and was "urged to reaudition". Why? Would they do the same for a random Dayton? Would they urge another mediocre participant to reaudition? And why just her? They should be giving the same attention to girls like Lacey who have the potential. That's special treatment. They're just being smarter with it in the after Cassie era.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

confirmed on IG stories

audderr  AAIA Audrey

jasmin.marie26

daph7

ashleybeth247

They took 100 girls to semi

Reiley Menzie also made it to semi-finals. Wishing her great luck today!

I'm sorry, but Dayton is a poor dancer and is (still!) out of shape -- at least as is required to be a DCC.  When I heard she was reauditioning, I actually admired her tenacity.  But she clearly showed up in no better condition than last year, so that just makes me think she's not very bright, or she's just extremely entitled.  Either way, she does not deserve a spot on the squad.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

I'm sorry, but Dayton is a poor dancer and is (still!) out of shape -- at least as is required to be a DCC.  When I heard she was reauditioning, I actually admired her tenacity.  But she clearly showed up in no better condition than last year, so that just makes me think she's not very bright, or she's just extremely entitled.  Either way, she does not deserve a spot on the squad.

She has had a whole year to get her stomach toned up.  I think she looks great just not a DCC body.  Seems like a really nice girl and I would rather have her over Victoria if they have to pick one.  Most all girls that make it to finals have worked hard all year to get their bodies  into shape and improve their dancing, I don't see that Dayton has made any improvement  from last year.  

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Well she was the only one ever who got feedback after auditions and was "urged to reaudition". Why? Would they do the same for a random Dayton? Would they urge another mediocre participant to reaudition? And why just her? They should be giving the same attention to girls like Lacey who have the potential. That's special treatment. They're just being smarter with it in the after Cassie era.

I remember reading somewhere a few girls who got cut at finals (not vets) got feedback from a judge and were urged to try out again. I bet dollars to donuts Dayton was not the only girl past or present who has gotten some feedback from a judge (not from Kelli, Judy or Charlotte.)

32 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Looks like they are done learning the kickline and routine. Taking a lunch/snack break. I’m thinking probably 12pm for starting judging??

They have to take the written test today

6 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

She has had a whole year to get her stomach toned up.  I think she looks great just not a DCC body.  Seems like a really nice girl and I would rather have her over Victoria if they have to pick one.  Most all girls that make it to finals have worked hard all year to get their bodies  into shape and improve their dancing, I don't see that Dayton has made any improvement  from last year.  

There have been girls who have made the team who look in worse shape than Dayton, and there have been vets who were not in good shape who made it back for another year. Stephanie H., Tasha And Selina come to mind. Briana made it into TC with bad kicks and not being able to dance worth a darn. I would take Dayton, Taryn, and Breenan over Briana and Victoria any day of the week.

7 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I remember reading somewhere a few girls who got cut at finals (not vets) got feedback from a judge and were urged to try out again. I bet dollars to donuts Dayton was not the only girl past or present who has gotten some feedback from a judge (not from Kelli, Judy or Charlotte.)

This. ?. I don’t care if Dayton makes it or not, to be honest. Good for her if she does, cry for a minute and regroup if she doesn’t. But there is no doubt in my mind that she is NOT the only girl to ever get feedback, whether ‘official’ or just off the cuff, from judges. We know for a fact from seeing it ok the show that other girls can say they were urged - not given a formal engraved invite and a chauffeur, but given a ‘thank you, please try again.’ 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, mmm said:

who is the red head ? She's cute 

Mary Kate Domino

4 hours ago, dccfangirl said:

I feel like we all thought Tasha was going to be a spoilt drama queen based of her insta but she's been really sweet and a good team member since auditions.

Several of us were vocal about liking Tasha from the start, but we were drowned out by those who took an immediate dislike to her. It's nice to see people giving her a chance and coming around.

3 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

She may look like a dcc (not to me, but that's I guess subjective), but she doesn't dance like a dcc. And honestly, "legacies" who have so much access to the team should be held on a much higher standard.

I don't think they should be held to a higher standard, but they should be held to the same standard as everyone else.

2 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

I don't think she comes across entitled on her IG  but at dance classes  I KNOW she comes across entitled, annoying, smarty pants, cocky, aggressive and full of herself.

Someone else posted here that they'd met her and she was nice.

1 hour ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

That’s not the best picture of Cristi, but she’s beautiful. Her AAIA pictures are much better. 

I think Cristi photographs well when her mouth is closed. But when she smiles, it does something to her face that isn't everyone's cup of tea. Her look isn't for me, but the judges choose a variety of looks so that they can appeal to a wide audience. I'm sure there are plenty of people who think she is beautiful.

36 minutes ago, Kayce said:

I'd think she'd be savvy enough about this kind of thing to know better than to make those kinds of comments where they could be heard and repeated - even if that's how she really feels. If she actually said it, she is a terrible person. If she didn't say it, then whoever started the rumor is malicious and awful.

10 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Those shirts are horrible.

• Love 9
(edited)

Did Brennan not make it to Semi Finals??? What about Emily Hatch, the sweet girl for last year?

Edited by DBAAT
(edited)
27 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I cant decide if I like these tops of not. I like the blue contrast, but I think the top section is too thick. Completely irrelevant, I know lol!

I have no issue with Dayton, but I do think she still looks a bit soft... I am curious to see how her interview goes as well. She didn't just come off as utterly clueless last year, but also as someone who lacked the ability to think on her feet. That's a bad combination.

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

NO, that is not the girl who quit for class.  Emily Hatch was the very teeny girl who they said was too timid and had no power,etc. they told her in fittings she was almost too thin, like 10 lbs lighter than other girls her age.  i'm glad she is trying again, she was so sweet and gorgeous.hopefully she has some new confidence! 

NO that's not the same girl. 

I was about to say, that girl’s name was Megan, and I don’t think we’ll ever see her again. That scene still haunts me as one of the weirdest things to ever happen on MTT, probably only second to Vivian’s ~*~poetry~*~.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I cant decide if I like these tops of not. I like the blue contrast, but I think the top section is too thick. Completely irrelevant, I know lol!

Maybe if they'd not done the cut out?  That's the part that looks so odd / random to me.  But the contrast is weird too.  The whole top part doesn't sit right nor does it seem to do any of the girls (all of which are beautiful), any favors.

• Love 2

In the case of liking or not liking Tasha or other girls, I guess it comes down to personal taste. It is a given we all will not like all the girls. I certainly will not drown my sorrows in root beer, cheesecake and chocolate because someone disagrees with me when it comes to Tasha or another girl. I guess it comes down to the fact Judy, and especially Kelli and Charlotte see something in her, or it might be a case of favoritism rearing its head again especially since it looks like the judges thought she look soft and had a bad interview. We do not see a lot of behind the scenes things unless one of us is a fly on the wall or sneaks in a bug in order to hear all the finalists' deliberation, and the conversation after the TC Candidates are announced between the girls and judges. We all have our opinions on here, and we may or may not agree on every little topic. Besides it would get a little too boring on here if we all agree, right? Btw, if anyone is willing to try to sneak in a bug so we know what the judges and the girls really say and do, please feel free to let us know. Just joking.

2 minutes ago, Raccoon said:

I was about to say, that girl’s name was Megan, and I don’t think we’ll ever see her again. That scene still haunts me as one of the weirdest things to ever happen on MTT, probably only second to Vivian’s ~*~poetry~*~.

I thought someone here posted Megan auditioned with a friend and the friend got cut. Megan didn't even think she would make it that far. Must have realized she bit off more she could chew and quit.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Raccoon said:

That scene was off the charts cray-cray.  I'll never forget the looks on both Judy and Kelli's faces during her reading.  How the film crew kept a straight face and from snickering, I'll never know.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 6
29 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

They have to take the written test today

I think they do that first 

15 minutes ago, DBAAT said:

Did Brennan not make it to Semi Finals??? What about Emily Hatch, the sweet girl for last year?

I’m sure they did but there’s no confirmation yet!

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, go4luca said:

That scene was off the charts cray-cray.  I'll never forget the looks on both Judy and Kelli's faces during her reading.  How did the film crew keep a straight face and from snickering, I'll never know.

Strangest thing ever.  She has been working on getting herself back into shape.  I was thinking she might be trying out again this year but I guess not.  LOL

16 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I have no issue with Dayton, but I do think she still looks a bit soft... I am curious to see how her interview goes as well. She didn't just come off as utterly clueless last year, but also as someone who lacked the ability to think on her feet. That's a bad combination.

I like them (and I’m probably the only person lol). I do think it would’ve been better with the cotton (I am certainly guessing what the fabric is) part white, whatever the other fabric is blue like it already is, and the star matching the other fabric like it is now. 

Dayton is a beautiful girl but I do think she looks a little soft for DCC. She just has a curvier figure, which is lovely. They just seem to want them skinnier and skinnier these days. I think her body would be a shoo in 15 years ago. She’s built kind of like Brooke Sorensen. 

I’m rooting for her though.

• Love 11
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Raccoon said:

I actually think I saw her on the show last year. When the girls were leaving after prelims or semis. I’ll have to rewatch and snap a picture 

Edited by Roo22
3 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Dayton is a beautiful girl but I do think she looks a little soft for DCC. She just has a curvier figure, which is lovely. They just seem to want them skinnier and skinnier these days. I think her body would be a shoo in 15 years ago. She’s built kind of like Brooke Sorensen. 

I'm rooting for her too.  Can't exactly pinpoint why but it's a combo of she's beautiful, I like rooting for an underdog (and I do consider her an underdog this year for various reasons), plus I like that Shelly comes here and takes the time to answer our odd assortment of questions.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Smplsimon said:

Two different people who do not know one another reported the same thing.

Oh I read that but I still stand by what I said...in nursing we were taught  if you didn't chart it ... it didn't happen... no matter how important the intervention may have been... to me... it's the same with this... if I didn't hear it with my own ears... then it is nothing more than hear say.  It won't matter what kind of dancer she is because when it boils down to it, if Kelli wants her on the squad... she will be there. Again, only my opinion to which I am entitled, as you are yours. ✌???

13 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Brooke Carnley

Thank you ?

9 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I really like Dayton as well ?I was also thinking of how she reminded me of Brooke S.

Edited by Kayce
correcting grammar
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Jennifer posted a pic of a drone that they have there LOL

There is!  I wish I'd grabbed the better shots I saw yesterday but they were on live and now gone.  I managed to take a screenie from a live so it's not the best quality.  There's also a cameraman working on a segway!

drone.jpg

segway.jpg

• Love 1
3 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

A few more updates over night. Here is the list going into Semis. There’s obviously more but these are confirmed. Many girls will keep quiet until they make finals. I won’t post a list again until tonight! 

Madi Allemier @madiallemier

Cristi Fisher @cristi_fisher

Mary Kate @mkdomino

Mitchell Rowden @mlrdances

Kali Mikelson @kalimikelson

Taylor Johnson @taylorjohnsonj

Kelly Porazzo @kellyporazzo

Brooke Johns @brookejohnss

Lauren Chapman @laurenec71

Abby Penprase @abbypenprase 

Emilee Rose @emileerose1

Kristen Dodd @kdodd_10

Randi Sundquist @randisundquist 

@daph7

Ashley Beth @ashleybeth247

Ashley Wood @ashnicholewood 

Lily Johnson @lilyjay21

Tiffany Taliaferro @tiff_taliaferro 

Thelma @thelmaax

Bridget Jacob @classic_bridge

Raven Anzaldua @ravenelise24

Nicole McIntosh @nicoleamcintosh 

Hanna Oliver @hannaoliver

Hannah Hancock @hannahhancock_

Lauren Strong @laurbstrong

Jasmine Whittington @jazzwhitt

Brianna Shea @briannalshea

Jourdyn Moore @jourdynmoore

Madeline Malloy @madeline_malloy

Victoria Kalina @victoriaakalina

Lindsey Waldrop @lindseycwaldrop

Alex Yap @alexgyap 

Emily Morales @emily_morales

Dayton Bramhall @daytonbramhall

Amber Nicole @amber_nicole74

Cassidy Hale @cassidykay_

Lindsey Witt @lindsey_witt.77

Jasmin Marie @jasmin.marie26

Reiley Kaye @reileykaye

Carolyn Oliver @carol_m_oli

Melissa Regan @melissa_on_the_reg

Audrey @audderr

aisharamirez

carolinesundvold

gabbyluise

these names are all in the comments on the last dccheeerleaders IG pic

1 minute ago, go4luca said:

There is!  I wish I'd grabbed the better shots I saw yesterday but they were on live and now gone.  I managed to take a screenie from a live so it's not the best quality.  There's also a cameraman working on a segway!

drone.jpg

segway.jpg

Were you there?

2 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

No. She still looks weird in the face.  I think it's her nose.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Were you there?

Only in my dreams.  It would be a blast to be a fly on the wall and watch.  Just got lucky in some insta sleuthing.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

aisharamirez

carolinesundvold

gabbyluise

these names are all in the comments on the last dccheeerleaders IG pic

Were you there?

I just saw those too! Added!:)

• Love 1

Sweet baby Jesus, Marshall is so extra and I love it!! That kilt is the glory. 

On legacies...much like sorority rush, I think a sister on the squad is about 1000 times more relevant than a mom. Sisters are more likely to have a similar dance background or maybe even a look. A lot of the dancers from the 70’s and 80’s has a different skill set than what they’re looking for today. 

That said, I think Cassie ended up a good DCC with a great figure. Sure, she likely got in early because of her mom, but she had something extra in her tumbling and performance history that we haven’t seen from Dayton or Victoria. I think Dayton’s figure is similar to Simone, Danielle and some of the other less buff and lean girls and doesn’t bother me. I am curious how she’s matured in the last year tho! 

• Love 14

I wonder what Natalie Woods is doing behind the scenes?  Anyone know?

(sorry, not the best photo, it's a screenie from video so quickly did what I could in PS)

natalie_woods2.jpg

• Love 1