Type keyword(s) to search

2018 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, go4luca said:

Dayton looks confident.  The expressions of the girls in the background though, are hilarious.

That's true. She looks better than last year (more mature, confident and glamed up).i still don't think she would stand out if she wasn't Shelly's daughter.

7 hours ago, Tootie said:

We have our first pic! (that I've seen...)

2018-05-05 (3).png

She's really cute!

7 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I can't see Christi on the team. Ever. I don't understand why they're putting through girls they've cut before due to their look. Let's be real, Christi outdanced half the rookies last year, there's only one reason they cut her and that can't change.

7 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Pretty sure this means no Taryn this year.

Taryn.JPG.ecddef44a0bbf2f4d70e75521e9a8893.JPG

Please Taryn come back!!!!

7 hours ago, Angie said:

Another picture

Screenshot_2018-05-05-17-46-34.png

Victoria Kalina made it to semis

She reminds of Bess.

5 hours ago, DancingNurse said:

I have no clue if this girl can dance. I do have a clue that she's got some terrible photoshopping going on. Look at how the chairs and concrete are doing something weird in the background between her legs, plus the white field stripes, especially in the end zone. 

I really don't see what you're seeing. They look perfectly normal. Plus, Taryn is tiny so I don't see the need for photoshop.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

That's true. She looks better than last year (more mature, confident and glamed up).i still don't think she would stand out if she wasn't Shelly's daughter.

She's really cute!

I can't see Christi on the team. Ever. I don't understand why they're putting through girls they've cut before due to their look. Let's be real, Christi outdanced half the rookies last year, there's only one reason they cut her and that can't change.

Please Taryn come back!!!!

She reminds of Bess.

I really don't see what you're seeing. They look perfectly normal. Plus, Taryn is tiny so I don't see the need for photoshop.

You said what i didn't want to say about Cristi.. Lol. I feel sorry for her. She's a great dancer with a banging body! 

And omg yes! I totally see Bess in that short haired girl! 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, JayDKay said:

You said what i didn't want to say about Cristi.. Lol. I feel sorry for her. She's a great dancer with a banging body! 

And omg yes! I totally see Bess in that short haired girl! 

I could definitely see her as an MDC (don't know if she's already been on the team), but the DCC have a completely different look. There's always a chance they would take on strong dancers even if they don't like their look, but it'a a slim chance. But quite honestly, sometimes I feel like they are just passing girls through to keep the numbers high. I mean, there are always girls who would never look good on the jumbatron in semis & even finals. And that's unfair to them.

• Love 2

I think Christi is pretty and cute and see nothing wrong with her look.. every year I wonder why everyone thinks she does not have an hd face and why she doesn’t get very far lol. Just goes to show how different opinions can be. Although I don’t think that fringe is doing her any favors. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Preity said:

I think Christi is pretty and cute and see nothing wrong with her look.. every year I wonder why everyone thinks she does not have an hd face and why she doesn’t get very far lol. Just goes to show how different opinions can be. Although I don’t think that fringe is doing her any favors. 

Just wanted to say that I hate calling other women "ugly". And Christi is absolutely pretty. But I do think that in the dcc world she isn't considered pretty, just like Taryn who I absolutely loved and still think she is beautiful. 

15 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

emilynicolehatch was in a pix at auditions.  Her bio says "happy wifey of my hot marine"  Guess she is married

isn't she the Emily that quit due to her anatomy/physiology course the night she was (purportedly) going to be cut?  If it is, I don't think Kelli/Judy will show her any mercy.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

isn't she the Emily that quit due to her anatomy/physiology course the night she was (purportedly) going to be cut?  If it is, I don't think Kelli/Judy will show her any mercy.

Yep that’s her

• Love 1
21 hours ago, SoonerDCCFan said:

One of the senior captains of OU Pom, Reiley Menzie, is also auditioning today. She’s a beautiful girl. Follow her on Instagram @reileykaye.  Wishing her great luck!  

She’s on to Round 2!  :)

50 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Man how much are CMT going to LOVE that - cue flashbacks and Kelli and Judy outrage. Love it when the contestants provide this kind of fodder because you know K&J will go overboard on the "she took someone else's spot" melodrama.

1 minute ago, dccfangirl said:

Man how much are CMT going to LOVE that - cue flashbacks and Kelli and Judy outrage. Love it when the contestants provide this kind of fodder because you know K&J will go overboard on the "she took someone else's spot" melodrama.

NO, that is not the girl who quit for class.  Emily Hatch was the very teeny girl who they said was too timid and had no power,etc. they told her in fittings she was almost too thin, like 10 lbs lighter than other girls her age.  i'm glad she is trying again, she was so sweet and gorgeous.hopefully she has some new confidence! 

54 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

NO that's not the same girl. 

• Love 9
Just now, LaurenBrook said:

NO, that is not the girl who quit for class.  Emily Hatch was the very teeny girl who they said was too timid and had no power,etc. they told her in fittings she was almost too thin, like 10 lbs lighter than other girls her age.  i'm glad she is trying again, she was so sweet and gorgeous.hopefully she has some new confidence! 

Oh man I was so excited for Judy eye rolling. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I think Mary Kate Domino was reported earlier, but Bridget Jacob (charger girl) is also going to semis

5aee723f8adc1_BridgetJacomandMaryKateDomino.JPG.d0b6aece2a70f077a79b0057df2e929f.JPG

who is the red head ? She's cute 

10 hours ago, go4luca said:

I'm going to restrain myself since everyone knows my feelings on this one.

victoriaakalina_5_5_2018_18_47_31_797.jpg

So I agree she comes across as annoying and entitled in her instagram BUT she is really young and I feel that if you were brought up on a non-stop diet of DCC your whole life you would be a bit over-the-top when it came to audition time. I feel like we all thought Tasha was going to be a spoilt drama queen based of her insta but she's been really sweet and a good team member since auditions. I also think VK's look has really developed and become more TCC in the past few months. It would be cute if she and Dayton made it together but I hope they don't over-feature the legacies the way they did Cassie - I never minded Cassie I just got sick of how much attention CMT paid to her given that the other girls often had more to say and more complex story lines. Really want Dayton to succeed this year! I feel if they can forgive Kelsey for no knowing Jerry Jones was the GM of the cowboys they can forgive Dayton's nerves last year!

• Love 8
(edited)

Can someone catch me up ? I haven't  been paying attention to DCC for months , Who's retired ?

Edited by mmm

Lots of vets retiring! Including some favorites like Robin (no!) and Maggie. Others retiring are Jenna, Jinelle, Simone, Chantal, Stephanie, Bess, and.... I forget who else. There is a list on the current squad thread that can get you up to date, @mmm

• Love 2
1 minute ago, M1977G said:

Lots of vets retiring! Including some favorites like Robin (no!) and Maggie. Others retiring are Jenna, Jinelle, Simone, Chantal, Stephanie, Bess, and.... I forget who else. There is a list on the current squad thread that can get you up to date, @mmm

Thanks, even tho everyone you've mentioned i like which kinda of a bummer 

• Love 2

That's why I can remember they're leaving, b/c I like them as DCC too. ? I am so glad Lacey is staying! I bet not half as glad as Kelli and Judy, though. With such a young team, Lacey will be a great leader for them. Heather O will step up, too, I'm betting. I could see Khalyn becoming a second leader, or at least I'm hoping they appoint her! I think she's a great team member and she has some significant team leadership experience already. 

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

NO that's not the same girl. 

Thanks for the clarification!!  They sure do look similar to me!  Hope I haven't confused everyone.

• Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, Tootie said:

Does anyone know who the other 2 girls are with Emilee?

2018-05-06 (1).png

I dont know, but the one in the middle looks very similar to this girl who was also a Laker girl.

lg_1516_alanna_4.jpg

Edited by Cody701
1 hour ago, dccfangirl said:

So I agree she comes across as annoying and entitled in her instagram BUT she is really young and I feel that if you were brought up on a non-stop diet of DCC your whole life you would be a bit over-the-top when it came to audition time. I feel like we all thought Tasha was going to be a spoilt drama queen based of her insta but she's been really sweet and a good team member since auditions. I also think VK's look has really developed and become more TCC in the past few months. It would be cute if she and Dayton made it together but I hope they don't over-feature the legacies the way they did Cassie - I never minded Cassie I just got sick of how much attention CMT paid to her given that the other girls often had more to say and more complex story lines. Really want Dayton to succeed this year! I feel if they can forgive Kelsey for no knowing Jerry Jones was the GM of the cowboys they can forgive Dayton's nerves last year!

She may look like a dcc (not to me, but that's I guess subjective), but she doesn't dance like a dcc. And honestly, "legacies" who have so much access to the team should be held on a much higher standard. I'm sorry, but Dayton appearing last year out of shape, messing her interview and honestly, not even nailing the choreo part is far worse than Kelsey being ignorant. Both Victoria and Dayton always had access to the auditions (which is already putting them ahead of other girls), have seen practices and appearances etc. i expect them to nail their audition, not just be "good enough".

• Love 6
8 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

Hi everyone! 

Here is an updated list on CONFIRMED Semi-finalists. If they’re name isn’t on the list, it just means they haven’t posted or we haven’t found exact confirmation

Madi Allemier @madiallemier

Cristi Fisher @cristi_fisher

Mary Kate @mkdomino

Mitchell Rowden @mlrdances

Kali Mikelson @kalimikelson

Taylor Johnson @taylorjohnsonj

Kelly Porazzo @kellyporazzo

Brooke Johns @brookejohnss

Lauren Chapman @laurenec71

Abby Penprase @abbypenprase 

Emilee Rose @emileerose1

Kristen Dodd @kdodd_10

Randi Sundquist @randisundquist 

@daph7

Ashley Beth @ashleybeth247

Ashley Wood @ashnicholewood 

Lily Johnson @lilyjay21

Tiffany Taliaferro @tiff_taliaferro 

Thelma @thelmaax

Bridget Jacob @classic_bridge

Raven Anzaldua @ravenelise24

Nicole McIntosh @nicoleamcintosh 

Hanna Oliver @hannaoliver

Hannah Hancock @hannahhancock_

Lauren Strong @laurbstrong

Jasmine Whittington @jazzwhitt

Brianna Shea @briannalshea

Jourdyn Moore @jourdynmoore

Madeline Malloy @madeline_malloy

Victoria Kalina @victoriaakalina

Molly Eagleton @molly_charanell

confirmed on IG stories

audderr  AAIA Audrey

jasmin.marie26

daph7

ashleybeth247

They took 100 girls to semi

• Love 3

A few more updates over night. Here is the list going into Semis. There’s obviously more but these are confirmed. Many girls will keep quiet until they make finals. I won’t post a list again until tonight! 

Mary Kate @mkdomino

Emilee Rose @emileerose1

Kristen Dodd @kdodd_10

@daph7

Lily Johnson @lilyjay21

Thelma @thelmaax

Lindsey Waldrop @lindseycwaldrop

Alex Yap @alexgyap 

Emily Morales @emily_morales

Dayton Bramhall @daytonbramhall

Amber Nicole @amber_nicole74

Cassidy Hale @cassidykay_

Lindsey Witt @lindsey_witt.77

Jasmin Marie @jasmin.marie26

Reiley Kaye @reileykaye

Carolyn Oliver @carol_m_oli

Melissa Regan @melissa_on_the_reg

Audrey @audderr

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, pinkbarbie247 said:

Abby Penprase (the short haired brunette) was a former Rangerette and DSIG. So she has a lot of kicking and dancing experience! 

She tried out last year and made it to Semis too

1 hour ago, dccfangirl said:

I don't think she comes across entitled on her IG  but at dance classes  I KNOW she comes across entitled, annoying, smarty pants, cocky, aggressive and full of herself.  I am sure she is a nice girl and she acts this way because she is so young or maybe that is how her mom has thought her to be.  Saying it would be "cute" if she and Dayton made it together .... we aren't looking for "cute together" we are looking for DCC  girls and Victoria does not look like a DCC or act like and American Sweetheart.  There have been several girls they have cut that their teeth weren't half as bad as Victoria's  so we will see how much politics plays  into this. 

• Love 5

I suspect that girls like Erin Sauerhage, Brianna (the girl Kelli thought was SO gorgeous last year), Brennan and the like will keep quiet this year until they make Finals, if they even speak up until auditions are over. 

As much as I would have loved to have Taryn audition again (and it would likely be a good year for her to do so), I can see why she wouldn't, especially after what happened last year.  To be the last one cut, then not only see girls that had more issues than you (from her point of view) make the squad but see at least three girls leave during the year (including one in preseason) it would be heartbreaking and frustrating to come that close and yet not make it.   

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

A few more updates over night. Here is the list going into Semis. There’s obviously more but these are confirmed. Many girls will keep quiet until they make finals. I won’t post a list again until tonight! 

Mary Kate @mkdomino

Emilee Rose @emileerose1

Kristen Dodd @kdodd_10

@daph7

Lily Johnson @lilyjay21

Thelma @thelmaax

Lindsey Waldrop @lindseycwaldrop

Alex Yap @alexgyap 

Emily Morales @emily_morales

Dayton Bramhall @daytonbramhall

Amber Nicole @amber_nicole74

Cassidy Hale @cassidykay_

Lindsey Witt @lindsey_witt.77

Jasmin Marie @jasmin.marie26

Reiley Kaye @reileykaye

Carolyn Oliver @carol_m_oli

Melissa Regan @melissa_on_the_reg

Audrey @audderr

thebrittanyelle was confirmed   on christennmarie IG story.             

onmarissa.livingston  Made it but I can't confirm yet

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Holly85 said:

If she makes it to tc she maybe a good makeover candidate 

I agree I feel like they will have to show her how to soften her makeup. Her eyeshadow is a little too dark. I almost couldn't see her eyes until I zoomed in

OMG, two different people who auditioned yesterday (one made it to semis, one didn't) said that Victoria was telling people that her mother was best friends with Kelli and thus Victoria "wasn't that worried."  That makes me so mad.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

OMG, two different people who auditioned yesterday (one made it to semis, one didn't) said that Victoria was telling people that her mother was best friends with Kelli and thus Victoria "wasn't that worried."  That makes me so mad.

Wait you’re kidding

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Please, God, NO.  I can't take three odd seasons of this kind of ego crap.  Even worse, I feel for the other girls on the team if it becomes another Cassie type situation.

1 hour ago, 1208am said:

Hey guys - sorry for a stupid repeat question. Does anyone know if CMT is filming though?

CMT is definitely on the scene and filming.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Please, God, NO.  I can't take three odd seasons of this kind of ego crap.  Even worse, I feel for the other girls on the team if it becomes another Cassie type situation.

CMT is definitely on the scene and filming.

Hopefully Kellie will look at Victoria threw her director glasses and not her moms best friend glasses 

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

I believe it she is so cocky!!!

Looks like Jenna, Jennifer, Robin and Jinelle are going to be the one teaching on the field today. Jenn just posted on her IG story with the 4 of them getting make up done.

• Love 1
(edited)
9 minutes ago, go4luca said:

This girl on the HD screen scares the crap out of me.  Nope.

and this is probably a good pix of her!  LOL   She needs to find another team.

Can you picture the HD if they took her and Victoria.

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

and this is probably a good pix of her!  LOL   She needs to find another team.

Can you picture the HD if they took her and Victoria.

Shudder.  The thought of that is horrifying. =:-O

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, mngirl said:

Looks like Jenna, Jennifer, Robin and Jinelle are going to be the one teaching on the field today. Jenn just posted on her IG story with the 4 of them getting make up done.

Yeah and Danielle katy and Rachel are working as well 

• Love 1