Type keyword(s) to search

2018 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

14 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Dear CMT and Kelli:  please be sure to show Kelsey during the uniform fittings and get her to ask if she had augmentation.  Thank you.

2 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I remember when Courtney had hers done and Kelli said something about it to her.  They were so big she did require a new top.

I think they’ve refrained from airing girls chest size after that blip. I may be at my own table, but it’s completey unnecessary and inappropriate to question a girl’s chest on national television. 

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

She’s pretty and has a unique look - looks like she’s been on the stars for a couple of years!! I also wonder about DSIG Tessa aka Sarah Idziaks sister. She’s auditioned for dcc and hasn’t made it past semis but she looks like she has so much more power now from the Stars! I would love to see her at least make it to finals. 

Tessa is most likely going to stay with the Stars one more year then go back to DCC.

• Love 2

I haven't seen anything mentioned about rookie Miranda.......if there has been, I missed it............what is everyone's opinion of her reauditioning?  Not meaning this ugly, I just tend to forget her.  She wasn't my favorite- I didn't think she was horrible, but something about her is uneventful to me-just average about her looks, performance, etc...... 

And what ever happened to the Courtney from Florida who was a cheerleader for TB before trying out for DCC?  Did she try out the following year?   Kelli and Judy didn't like her at all in the beginning, but completely changed face after she had lost 7-10 lbs and rocked her cameo shot.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, KoKo said:

I haven't seen anything mentioned about rookie Miranda.......if there has been, I missed it............what is everyone's opinion of her reauditioning?  Not meaning this ugly, I just tend to forget her.  She wasn't my favorite- I didn't think she was horrible, but something about her is uneventful to me-just average about her looks, performance, etc...... 

And what ever happened to the Courtney from Florida who was a cheerleader for TB before trying out for DCC?  Did she try out the following year?   Kelli and Judy didn't like her at all in the beginning, but completely changed face after she had lost 7-10 lbs and rocked her cameo shot.

Courtney Russ did not audition for a second season. We never truly found out why, but the most commonly speculated reasons are that she was tired of living so far from home, and also having to maintain such an unnatural weight.

No comment on Miranda other than I am indifferent about her and her boob.

• Love 10

Miranda seems like she is well liked by her teammates. I hope she reauditions. I actually think her boobs are looking way better, or maybe I like her that much that I see past it, but there is a St. Pattys pic of her and Jenna on her instagram... I must say "the girls" are looking good. 

Edited by mcmrdh
misspelled a word
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, mcmrdh said:

Miranda seems like she is well liked by her teammates. I hope she reauditions. I actually think her boobs are looking way better, or maybe I like her that much that I see past it, but there is a St. Pattys pic of her and Jenna on her instagram... I must say "the girls" are looking good. 

I like her too.  She flies under the radar which after the drama this past year...that ain't a bad thing.  she is more motivating to someone like me too in that she is very health conscious and aims for good nutrition.  I love Molly but i can't watch anymore stories of her eating sixteen donuts and still being a size zero LOL! 

I wonder if she got her boob job fixed because they look normal to me these days.  I hope she makes it back. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I like her too.  She flies under the radar which after the drama this past year...that ain't a bad thing.  she is more motivating to someone like me too in that she is very health conscious and aims for good nutrition.  I love Molly but i can't watch anymore stories of her eating sixteen donuts and still being a size zero LOL! 

I wonder if she got her boob job fixed because they look normal to me these days.  I hope she makes it back. 

I love her! I think she looks like a tall exotic italian barbie. Her boobs are looking heaps better! 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, JayDKay said:

I love her! I think she looks like a tall exotic italian barbie. Her boobs are looking heaps better! 

she just seems to me to be very mature with her head on straight. Not too "thirsty", make sense? 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, mcmrdh said:

she just seems to me to be very mature with her head on straight. Not too "thirsty", make sense? 

makes total sense!! and that is the kind of person I think the squad needs more of.  

Wonder if Erin is going to reaudition? She was such a pretty dancer.  Seems like she took a prep class with Kitty recently and is hanging out with the rookies again.  

And Brianna Wilhere was in one of the girl's recent IG stories (Tara's, I think?)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

makes total sense!! and that is the kind of person I think the squad needs more of.  

Wonder if Erin is going to reaudition? She was such a pretty dancer.  Seems like she took a prep class with Kitty recently and is hanging out with the rookies again.  

And Brianna Wilhere was in one of the girl's recent IG stories (Tara's, I think?)

I really would like to see Erin return and make the team. She seems like she would make a great all round DCC! Her and Madeline Molloy have stayed super tight with the rookies it seems! I like Madeline too! Yes, I saw Brianna in Tess's story they were shopping I think! :) I wonder will any of these girls be this year's comeback girls? :) 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Brianna is in town.  Posted a live story on insta at Dealey Plaza. 

Plus this snap.

Screen Shot brianna 2.jpg

• Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 12:47 AM, bigskygirl said:

Kalyssa left the squad due to working on a modeling career. I do not see the DCC having alternates. Judy, and especially Kelli and Charlotte need to start focusing on picking girls who can be the total DCC. No more of bringing in girls because we like them and they bring in a different look for the squad *cough Kelli and Charlotte cough* or who cares if she can dance because she is so pretty aka male appeal crap.

I'm late on the applause, but YYYYEEESSS!!

• Love 1
10 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Whose the dark haired girl between Erin and Tara?

8 hours ago, go4luca said:

Brianna is in town.  Posted a live story on insta at Dealey Plaza. 

Plus this snap.

Screen Shot brianna 2.jpg

She went to Jennifer's dance class tonight at the Star.  I think she is going  got be here until April 2.

Edited by 5678Pixie

So, how many episodes does everyone anticipate we are in for this season? :) Will they stick with last year's extended 13 episodes or go back to the old tried and tested 8 episode season? I reckon it will depend on the quality of the characters aka candidates Lol and the narrative they choose to go for. Like perhaps last year we got 13 episodes due to the added storyline (Jenna/Holly situation). Going to be interesting to see how the vets are portrayed on the show, considering they are almost all rookies (don't think we've seen this before). I hope if they cut vets at finals we get more information on why they were cut etc. unlike last year's odd editing of this portion of announcement of TCCs lol!

Season 6 had 17 rookies and Season 7 had 19 rookies. There has been more rookies and two year vets on the squad since Season 6. I think one of the reasons why Season 13 had more episodes was the fact Jerry Jones was being introduced in the Hall of Fame, and the first time the squad was at the Star. I also think it was due to the fact Kelli was trying to get the DCC Organization into the Smithsonian also since the show did play a role in it. We may get between 8 to 13 episodes in Season 13, but the budget and how Kelli and Charlotte want the squad to be shown plays a role in it.

I heard how annoying Victoria is, just look how much farther up she is and how a couple of girls had  to protect themselves from her kicking them.  Also looks  like she has some extra weight around her stomach area.  She does not look like a DCC to me in any way.  

Yes that is Brianna sitting there.

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 4
50 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

I heard how annoying Victoria is, just look how much farther up she is and how a couple of girls had  to protect themselves from her kicking them.  Also looks  like she has some extra weight around her stomach area.  She does not look like a DCC to me in any way.  

Whose the dark headed girl next to Victoria 

27 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Was just coming to post this vid, Victoria looks rediculous, out of control, side rolls, can’t say in line, kicking people in the head. Sometimes I’m like YEAH and most times I’m like NO. She needs at least another year.  I also thought the girl in black was Brianna, was impressed. Am still impressed, but sounds like I was wrong about who it is :-)

• Love 6
7 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

Is the girl in the back row, far right (one piece black outfit) Emily who was a DMD for 6 years?

8 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

She needs to learn how to stay in line with the group.

I can almost hear Judy screaming "LINE!" every 10 seconds.

• Love 3

Jenn posted a short vid to her story as well. I think it's Madeleine, Erin and Brianna and all three look good. Madeleine needs a chance, she's more fun to watch than 3/4 of the current rookies.

Victoria doesnt need another year, she needs another team. She's been taking classes for two years now and she isn't improving. And she visibly gained weight so close to the auditions?

• Love 8

I normally don't like girls to be super skinny or do anything unhealthy or unnatural to lose weight in order to make the squad, but Victoria could stand to lose a few pounds, no more than five or so, and tone up.  If she did, she'd be more in line with the body type normally espoused by the DCC, which is skinny as a stick or pre-pubescent teen thin (but with boobs and butt), but her body type seems to be more slender.  It could be she's still maturing and growing into her body, which could account for being less then toned, but it could also be her not eating right.

As for her not dancing in line. it seemed more along the lines of her trying to focus attention on herself by being in front of the others.  I noticed that, not only did she move forward, but she also moved to the right, like she was trying to be front and center of everyone else.  Her best bet would have been to stay in line and outdance everyone else, draw attention to herself that way, but it clearly doesn't seem to be happening.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I normally don't like girls to be super skinny or do anything unhealthy or unnatural to lose weight in order to make the squad, but Victoria could stand to lose a few pounds, no more than five or so, and tone up.  If she did, she'd be more in line with the body type normally espoused by the DCC, which is skinny as a stick or pre-pubescent teen thin (but with boobs and butt), but her body type seems to be more slender.  It could be she's still maturing and growing into her body, which could account for being less then toned, but it could also be her not eating right.

As for her not dancing in line. it seemed more along the lines of her trying to focus attention on herself by being in front of the others.  I noticed that, not only did she move forward, but she also moved to the right, like she was trying to be front and center of everyone else.  Her best bet would have been to stay in line and outdance everyone else, draw attention to herself that way, but it clearly doesn't seem to be happening.

Being on a team with her would be so annoying, you know she would ALWAYS HAVE TO BE the center of attention.  Everyone on the team would have to fake like her because of Kelli and her mom being best friends.  Sounds like a nightmare waiting to happen.  I would suggest she go be on a college team where she can learn what is is like to be a team member.

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 11
11 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Being on a team with her would be so annoying, you know she would ALWAYS HAVE TO BE the center of attention.  Everyone on the team would have to fake like her because of Kelli and her mom being best friends.  Sounds like a nightmare waiting to happen.  I would suggest she go be on a college team where she can learn what is is like to be a team member.

Oh damned!  We may have Dayton and Victoria this year. I fear that we'll have Cassie 2.0 times 2.

I hope that I am pleasantly surprised with their talent and work ethic. Cassie was never presented as being very strong. That doesn't mean she wasn't, or that she was a mean girl.  But I re-watched her seasons over Thanksgiving,  and she was shown as a blender, at best.

Has anyone seen Dayton at prep classes?.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Is the girl in the back row, far right (one piece black outfit) Emily who was a DMD for 6 years?

That is Emily and she retired from DMD at the end of 2016.  I believe she made it to DCC semi finals 2017.  I have heard that if they try out for DCC they can't try out for DMD again at least that same year.

Dayton does not seem bad to me when you compare her to the Cassie drama. I think a big part of the reason why I did not care for the way Cassie was shown was the fact CMT was shoving it down our throats in her rookie year. I also did not care for the fact they keep bringing it up last year during tryouts that Dayton is the daughter of a former DCC. Why do they need to keep harping on it. I have nothing against Shelly or Dayton, but I cannot help but feel a little bad for Dayton because she might end up being known as the daughter of a former DCC instead of the girl who came back after having a bad tryout audition attempt last year. Just like they focus on Kelsey aka the fifty yard girl or Christina trying out five times before making the squad.

1 hour ago, hypeman said:

Oh damned!  We may have Dayton and Victoria this year. I fear that we'll have Cassie 2.0 times 2.

I hope that I am pleasantly surprised with their talent and work ethic. Cassie was never presented as being very strong. That doesn't mean she wasn't, or that she was a mean girl.  But I re-watched her seasons over Thanksgiving,  and she was shown as a blender, at best.

Has anyone seen Dayton at prep classes?.

Well... Cassie is miles ahead of Victoria. And that's coming from one of her biggest "haters" (as in, i 100% believe she only made it because of Judy and didnt deserve her spot,being in show group and a GL)

• Love 4

I'm not usually one to critique a woman's body, but Victoria better do some serious toning up and FAST. Her abs are very soft, she has side rolls, and she is very untoned. I can't see her making it to training camp. 

• Love 4

The second pix is a video of the dance.  Is that Victoria's mom in the pink standing to your far right in the beginning videoing?  She usually goes to these classes with Victoria so it might be her.  Wonder if she would have to go to all DCC classes with Victoria?!  Victoria is defiantly Kitty's favorite.  Watch Kitty video this she keeps moving to follow Victoria in the video.  She didn't even get the girls in video on your far right side.   Victoria better work on her kick  

• Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

That is Emily and she retired from DMD at the end of 2016.  I believe she made it to DCC semi finals 2017.  I have heard that if they try out for DCC they can't try out for DMD again at least that same year.

It's true. A bunch of DMDs retired/left the team last summer and auditioned for the DCC. Only 2 made the DCC ( Lexie, Alexis) and the rest didn't make it past semi/finals. Some ended up auditioning for other teams (AAIA, MDC) because they could not go back.  It will be interesting to see if any of them will try to go back to the Mavs this year.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

The second pix is a video of the dance.  Is that Victoria's mom in the pink standing to your far right in the beginning videoing?  She usually goes to these classes with Victoria so it might be her.  Wonder if she would have to go to all DCC classes with Victoria?!  Victoria is defiantly Kitty's favorite.  Watch Kitty video this she keeps moving to follow Victoria in the video.  She didn't even get the girls in video on your far right side.   Victoria better work on her kick  

The fact that Victoria’s Mom comes to dance class and watches is weird AF. Can she not see her daughter is doughy?

• Love 4
11 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

That is true I heard that the dmd director don’t like it when girls that danced for the mavs leave and go audition for the dcc 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Holly85 said:

That is true I heard that the dmd director don’t like it when girls that danced for the mavs leave and go audition for the dcc 

It probably spoils their chances if they would want to audition to try and make it the next year. 

I wonder if doing the swimsuit fittings so close to auditions is intended in part to conduct serious scrutiny of the veterans' figures before making it back into training camp. If it's not part of the intention, I'm sure it will be a factor anyway. In those tiny suits, they'll see who's toned and who's trying to cover it with extra spandex in their tights. It also should mean that the vets are coming into auditions at peak fitness levels (though why anyone shows up there not looking their "HD" best I'll never understand). Hopefully, this is extra motivation for the vets to stay on top of their business and not give reasons to get cut at finals. I worry about Rachel. She is curvy and in some photos, she looks a touch soft (mind you, I'd give a lot to be that kind of soft and not my kind of soft). I liked her a lot last season and think she's a great dancer and seems like a solid team member, and I really want her to make it back. She was captain of her college dance team, so I think she also has strong leader potential down the road, which can matter as vets retire and the ranks are thinning.

I hope Molly's eyebrows look better by auditions and calendar shoot.

2 hours ago, M1977G said:

I wonder if doing the swimsuit fittings so close to auditions is intended in part to conduct serious scrutiny of the veterans' figures before making it back into training camp. If it's not part of the intention, I'm sure it will be a factor anyway. In those tiny suits, they'll see who's toned and who's trying to cover it with extra spandex in their tights. It also should mean that the vets are coming into auditions at peak fitness levels (though why anyone shows up there not looking their "HD" best I'll never understand). Hopefully, this is extra motivation for the vets to stay on top of their business and not give reasons to get cut at finals. I worry about Rachel. She is curvy and in some photos, she looks a touch soft (mind you, I'd give a lot to be that kind of soft and not my kind of soft). I liked her a lot last season and think she's a great dancer and seems like a solid team member, and I really want her to make it back. She was captain of her college dance team, so I think she also has strong leader potential down the road, which can matter as vets retire and the ranks are thinning.

I think the main reason why the auditions were moved to after auditions were over (someone on a podcast said one to two weeks after auditions were over) was because of all the drama from last season. Three vets were cut at finals, two left after breaking the rules during TC, one vet was almost cut during TC, one vet left before the regular football season was over, one rookie left right after the football season started, one rookie left before finishing up her first season after being supposedly cut or left for a modeling career. I am thinking Judy and Kelli had enough of the drama and decided the shoot should happened after auditions in order to see which girls were serious about making the team and going on the shoot.

2 hours ago, M1977G said:

I think she just loos thicker like Kashara and even Danielle. However, she seems to be one of the best rookies from the last few videos we've seen. I certainly wasn't expecting that.

And kinda random, but can Molly stop wearing these ugly white shocks to dance classes? They irritate me and I dont even know why!!!

• Love 2
20 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I think the main reason why the auditions were moved to after auditions were over (someone on a podcast said one to two weeks after auditions were over) was because of all the drama from last season. Three vets were cut at finals, two left after breaking the rules during TC, one vet was almost cut during TC, one vet left before the regular football season was over, one rookie left right after the football season started, one rookie left before finishing up her first season after being supposedly cut or left for a modeling career. I am thinking Judy and Kelli had enough of the drama and decided the shoot should happened after auditions in order to see which girls were serious about making the team and going on the shoot.

I think the main reason they were moved was because of Mandy. I also think it encourages the girls to remain in better shape so that they are at their best during auditions.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

I think the main reason they were moved was because of Mandy. I also think it encourages the girls to remain in better shape so that they are at their best during auditions.

I do not think Mandy was the main reason. I think it has to be due to the fact six vets (three cut at finals, two left during TC,) and one left during the regular football season,) one rookie left right after the season started, and one was supposedly cut or left before she finished out her first year. Throw in the drama from TC, and I can understand why they wanted to move the shoot until after auditions were over. Send a firm message to the girls who are trying out again about their weight, following the rules and wanting to be on team.

Edited by bigskygirl
On 3/30/2018 at 11:13 PM, Holly85 said:

I think if they take Victoria into TC she’ll be dancing her way into the front of the triangle, taking out all the competition along the way. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

This may have already been answered, but is the shoot after auditions but before training camp or completely after the team has been chosen? 

I think I read somewhere that it’s after finals and before training camp begins, so I guess when they have that week or two tap where the TCCs pack up and everything they’ll have the vets on calendar shoot. 

• Love 2