Type keyword(s) to search

2018 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

On 2/13/2018 at 3:18 PM, LadyWithCats said:

I am really having to work hard right now to stop myself from posting cringe gifs. I can’t help but wonder if these two actually plan on auditioning or if they’re attending class just for fun. The second one’s weird mouth movements were so distracting I could hardly even watch her dancing.

I know we shouldn’t be mean but DAMN girl, do you not know what is Insta worthy and what is NOT? That’s horrible just horrible ? (says the 37 year old former dancer AKA mother of the swans at the lake) 

Edited by Cappuccinagina
I kint spel
  • Love 2
On 2/13/2018 at 8:29 PM, Txmomof2 said:

I don't know if its the song, the choreo or the lack of facials but the video from Danielles class is just missing something. There's no umpf to it 

I think bec none of them is doing it right !!

This Keli girl so stiff!!!! i watched two of her vids and she couldn't do a body roll in either. Based on her built she was probably either a gymnast or an all star cheerleader that would also explain the stiffness. 

17 hours ago, Cappuccinagina said:

I know we shouldn’t be mean but DAMN girl, do you not know what is Insta worthy and what is NOT? That’s horrible just horrible ? (says the 37 year old former dancer AKA mother of the swans at the lake) 

To be fair, they aren't posting those for critique by strangers. They are posting them so their friends/family will provide encouragement and maybe ooh and ah over how fierce/dedicated/amazing/whatever they are for putting themselves out there, chasing that dream, etc. Friends who don't know jack about dancing or the DCC style could be pretty impressed by those vids. Or might just give an atta girl because even though they have no idea what the dance is, it still looks difficult to do.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

To be fair, they aren't posting those for critique by strangers. They are posting them so their friends/family will provide encouragement and maybe ooh and ah over how fierce/dedicated/amazing/whatever they are for putting themselves out there, chasing that dream, etc. Friends who don't know jack about dancing or the DCC style could be pretty impressed by those vids. Or might just give an atta girl because even though they have no idea what the dance is, it still looks difficult to do.

I am on team Fair, for sure, that’s why I added “this coming from a 37 year old” and while I still dance, could not a DCC routine without....soft jiggling. ? I was just commenting on someone else’s comment, and they DID hashtag the IG world meaning they want to be associated with it-just my opinion.  I’ll chassé over to my corner and take a time out for being mean... ? ?

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, Cappuccinagina said:

I am on team Fair, for sure, that’s why I added “this coming from a 37 year old” and while I still dance, could not a DCC routine without....soft jiggling. ? I was just commenting on someone else’s comment, and they DID hashtag the IG world meaning they want to be associated with it-just my opinion.  I’ll chassé over to my corner and take a time out for being mean... ? ?

If what you said was “mean,” I don’t wanna know what I am. Girl, you’re fine. And you’re right, the hashtag does indicate an intention of auditioning, and the girl in the video does not look DCC ready. Hopefully she can be ready by May. I am all about these girls being successful, so if she can turn it around and prove my first impression wrong, more power to her.

• Love 1

On the podcast the other day, Maggie said she was not coming back, she's going back home to California.

Heather O said she is coming back. I bet she will be a group leader since she was 2nd leader this year.

I can see Gina being group leader in a couple years.

On 2/11/2018 at 10:01 PM, Smplsimon said:

Who all has announced that they aren't returning/are retiring?

• Love 1
12 hours ago, cvogue said:

On the podcast the other day, Maggie said she was not coming back, she's going back home to California.

It's a shame since i love her so much, but i totally get it !!

• Love 3

My hope for this next season is that a bunch of talented and well trained performers and stand out girls who already have the look and we have not seen or heard of will come to auditions and make the team. I do not see this in anything I have seen in these videos.  I would like to see Victoria and Dayton make the team with some fine tuning in the DCC dance style and showmanship, it would be cool to see two legacy gals on the team together.

• Love 1

I agree with some others' assessment of Dayton and Victoria. It would be fun to watch two legacies go through together. But I'd hate to see special treatment or exceptions for them. Dayton needs to bring the fire and pop and really put it all out on the dance floor. She seems kind of reserved, lower energy and soft in her dancing I've seen posted here. I can't tell if she's toned up her figure since last audition, but if she hasn't 1) she'll have a hard time making the team, and 2) I appreciate that she (and her mom) aren't obsessing about her having a "perfect" Barbie figure, because she looks great and perfectly healthy. She also has to do some more impressive studying for the interview (and presumably the written test). Victoria has improved a lot over the last year, especially developing more pop, but there's still something about her dancing that looks off IMO. I'm not a huge fan of her looks, as she's all teeth. I also chafe a bit at her tweets and such that try to show off how close she is to some of the DCC. That just feels meh and kind of show-off-y to me. I'll give her this, though: she's worked hella hard to step up her game to get on the level. I just don't know if it's enough to get through auditions and training camp. 

I really, really want former Golden/Tiger Girl Kaitlyn to try out again! She is fabulous! All she needs is a softening makeover. She is pretty, an amazing dancer, and seems like a great potential ambassador. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, M1977G said:

I agree with some others' assessment of Dayton and Victoria. It would be fun to watch two legacies go through together. But I'd hate to see special treatment or exceptions for them. Dayton needs to bring the fire and pop and really put it all out on the dance floor. She seems kind of reserved, lower energy and soft in her dancing I've seen posted here. I can't tell if she's toned up her figure since last audition, but if she hasn't 1) she'll have a hard time making the team, and 2) I appreciate that she (and her mom) aren't obsessing about her having a "perfect" Barbie figure, because she looks great and perfectly healthy. She also has to do some more impressive studying for the interview (and presumably the written test). Victoria has improved a lot over the last year, especially developing more pop, but there's still something about her dancing that looks off IMO. I'm not a huge fan of her looks, as she's all teeth. I also chafe a bit at her tweets and such that try to show off how close she is to some of the DCC. That just feels meh and kind of show-off-y to me. I'll give her this, though: she's worked hella hard to step up her game to get on the level. I just don't know if it's enough to get through auditions and training camp. 

I really, really want former Golden/Tiger Girl Kaitlyn to try out again! She is fabulous! All she needs is a softening makeover. She is pretty, an amazing dancer, and seems like a great potential ambassador. 

Taryn worked hella hard and got cut and let's be honest, she is way better than Victoria. Yes,having two legacies on the team would make a great storyline and that's exactly why they will get on the team, but for me that would be worst nepotism than getting Cassie on the team. At the very least Cassie was a tumbler (brought something to the team) and she was definitely much much better than those two.

I agree that Kaitlyn needs to come back but at the same time, there was absolutely no reason she got cut last year so I honestly don't want her to come back. She will take Kelsey's place on kelli's hate list.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, M1977G said:

Dayton seems like she would be a great addition to the team if she could get some fire in her dance.  I doubt she can since she hasn't  by now.  I agree with you about Victoria she really seems like a show off type to me posting all those pictures with DCC and posting the videos of her dancing makes me think SHE thinks she  is a great dancer.  She does not have the DCC style and yes she has worked hard but so have lots of other girls they just don't post a picture or video of themselves every time to brag about it.  Is Victoria going to go to college?  If not then she doesn't seem like the DCC sweetheart role model to me.  Yes her teeth are big, they didn't like Cristie's  mouth or Taryn's face  or Kaylee's teeth a couple of years ago and Victoria's mouth is much worse in my opinion.  I really don't enjoy watching her dance and I doubt she can change her style enough to the DCC style since she hasn't  by now.  

Edited by 5678Pixie
correction
  • Love 6

I would not come back if I were Kaitlyn. I honestly think that someone was gunning for her behind the scenes, and there are several LSU girls on the team, as well the choreographer, so it could have been anyone. If there wasn't going on behind the scenes that we didn't see, and they truly were not even willing to take her and see if a makeover could soften her looks, then she needs to move on to a team that actually respects talent.

• Love 6

Meredith is also a legacy since her mom was a DCC. She tried out in Season One, but she was cut. Came back in Season Two and made the team. She did struggle with weight issues, and I think an insider said she was a favorite and got away with things. Take it with a grain of salt.

4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Meredith is also a legacy since her mom was a DCC. She tried out in Season One, but she was cut. Came back in Season Two and made the team. She did struggle with weight issues, and I think an insider said she was a favorite and got away with things. Take it with a grain of salt.

She auditioned in the 2005 cmt show but wasn't profiled as a legacy.  I didn't see her in 2006 but she came back in 2007 and made the squad.  I think she took that year off . I've always considered the 2005 show the "pilot" and seasons 1 and 2  were 2006 & 2007. I like Meredith and thought she seemed nicer than Cassie even though that article from 2010 accused her of having a mean streak, being K & J's pet, and plagiarizing others blogs as her own. I still have the link to it.

Edited by MrsEVH
2 hours ago, autumdusk said:

Bess is missing ex DCC Jaxxie's wedding today because of hip surgery. I wonder if she'll come back after that? I hope so, I quite like her! She seems really funny and down to earth. 

If it's total hip surgery I doubt she'll be back.  I had my right hip replaced end of last November.  Although I was up and walking the day after surgery (would have been day 1 but had nausea from anesthesia since I was too chicken to do a spinal),  I have no restrictions and can bend over and touch the floor.  But there is no way in heck I could even consider trying a jump split.  I'd be terrified of dislocating.

Edited by go4luca
typos r us
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I thought Meredith only auditioned in Seasons One and Two. I think her mom was a DCC at the same time Judy was.

You can see her in the 2 hour special, but she isn't "featured" like she is in Season 2.  It's funny that the article says she had a mean streak when she was supposed to be one of the nicest and most helpful veterans.

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

'I thought Meredith only auditioned in Seasons One and Two. I think her mom was a DCC at the same time Judy was.

Her Mom was a DCC in '82 and '83; Judy was a DCC  in '80, '81, '82, and '83.  I wonder why she didn't go for her 5th year.

Edited by MrsEVH
31 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Her Mom was a DCC in '82 and '83; Judy was a DCC  in '80, '81, '82, and '83.  I wonder why she didn't go for her 5th year.

Because she was offered the asst. choreographer job. Also, year 5 wasn't considered a major milestone back then the way it is now. 

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

You can see her in the 2 hour special, but she isn't "featured" like she is in Season 2.  It's funny that the article says she had a mean streak when she was supposed to be one of the nicest and most helpful veterans.

The person who wrote the article could've had an axe to grind with DCC.  Maybe someone who auditioned and didn't make it.  The only thing I might slightly agree with is the "possible" plagiarizing because she did write a lot of blogs.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, M1977G said:

I really liked. I also saw nothing wrong with her look and I thought she was beautiful and didn't look like all the other DCCs.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, mmm said:

I really liked. I also saw nothing wrong with her look and I thought she was beautiful and didn't look like all the other DCCs.

One of the other judges whose a hair stylist or makeup artist commented they could change her look. It's almost like Kelli didn't listen to him. Kelli herself said in previous seasons that stuff can be changed if a girl is a good dancer. I remember she had good high kicks.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

The person who wrote the article could've had an axe to grind with DCC.  Maybe someone who auditioned and didn't make it.  The only thing I might slightly agree with is the "possible" plagiarizing because she did write a lot of blogs.

She posted recipies that were 100% the work of others.  DCC paid $50 per post at the time.

1 hour ago, tajalexander said:

Calling herself a vet before she has even auditioned this year.  Is it possible to post a picture on here from her instagram story?  She has a picture of her and Kalyssa and I wish you could see Kalyssa's top.  They went to a concert, they probably bought the tickets before Kalyssa quit the team.

Edited by 5678Pixie

The rookies are not considered veterans until they complete one whole season/year as a DCC, so technically they are still rookies. I guess once they get their rookie rings at the End of the Year Banquet they will be considered veterans.

47 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Calling herself a vet before she has even auditioned this year.  Is it possible to post a picture on here from her instagram story?  She has a picture of her and Kalyssa and I wish you could see Kalyssa's top.  They went to a concert, they probably bought the tickets before Kalyssa quit the team.

You mean this one?  The black lace up with half her boobs showing?  I doubt it's something Kelli would approve of if she were still a DCC.  But I'm no prude and know they are young and out having fun.  I didn't realize the two hung out together.

kalyssa top 3.jpg

1 minute ago, go4luca said:

You mean this one?  The black lace up with half her boobs showing?  I doubt it's something Kelli would approve of if she were still a DCC.  But I'm no prude and know they are young and out having fun.  I didn't realize the two hung out together.

kalyssa top 3.jpg

My guess is they bought the tickets before she quit the team.  I was surprised to see they hung out together but maybe they both wanted to go to this concert.  How did you put this on here from her instagram story?  Thanks

23 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

My guess is they bought the tickets before she quit the team.  I was surprised to see they hung out together but maybe they both wanted to go to this concert.  How did you put this on here from her instagram story?  Thanks

I saw it on Kalyssa's stories.  This shot is actually a freeze frame so I took a screen grab.  That's it!

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

One of the other judges whose a hair stylist or makeup artist commented they could change her look. It's almost like Kelli didn't listen to him. Kelli herself said in previous seasons that stuff can be changed if a girl is a good dancer. I remember she had good high kicks.

Yeah remember that , I just meant that i thought there is nothing wrong with her look.

18 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

What are they not allowed to still be friends bec she quit the team ?

8 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

Regardless if they did or not, they're still friends.

7 hours ago, go4luca said:

kalyssa top 3.jpg

Keyra said Kalyssa was the rookie she hung out with the most.

• Love 3
On 1/7/2018 at 6:59 AM, dreamcatcher said:

Victoria still looks out of her league. She seems better in this clip because the choreo looks spastic on its own. But considering the girls they keep bringing on the squad...she won't look so out of place.

Agreed!  She has her moments, but I just don’t see the appeal.  Pretty girl, cute figure, and she’s been raised to be a DCC.  But, when the dances call for sex appeal she just doesn’t have it yet.  She looks like a little girl who is trying too hard.  

• Love 2
10 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

Keyra need to go...she is thick as crap, always looks like she is in a stare down contest and really can not dance !!!!  Now she is already calling herself a vet ??? Wow way to go from zero to 100.  But wait she is LSU so has the entitled attitude!!!

Edited by lfedncr
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, lfedncr said:

Keyra need to go...she is thick as crap, always looks like she is in a stare down contest and really can not dance !!!!  Now she is already calling herself a vet ??? Wow way to go from zero to 100.  But wait she is LSU so has the entitled attitude!!!

Woah.. 

2 hours ago, hypeman said:

Keyra looks really pretty here!

I agree!!

3 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

Regardless if they did or not, they're still friends.

Keyra said Kalyssa was the rookie she hung out with the most.

Yup! On the podcast, she said she was closest to kalyssa of all the rookies, and they hung out a lot because Kalyssa lives in Frisco. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, tajalexander said:

Yup! On the podcast, she said she was closest to kalyssa of all the rookies, and they hung out a lot because Kalyssa lives in Frisco. 

Ah.  I never watched Keyra’s podcast.  That’s why I didn’t know she was close with Kalyssa.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

OMG that Kalyssa photo of her in that shirt.  I'm not a prude either but that is just too much.  

Yeah, that top doesn't say "sexy" it says "I'm trying wayyyyy too hard".

• Love 7