Type keyword(s) to search

Figure Skating

1 hour ago, Crs97 said:

Didn’t they use to require each routine to have a long spiral sequence?  Is that gone now?

I wonder about that too.  The ones we just saw are so short.  It was nice to see one in an earlier skate.  It is rare to see someone take the time between spins and jumps.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Matryoshka said:

Whenever I hear Carmen, the first thing I think of is the Gilligan’s Island episode where they do a musical of Hamlet using it. I’m old. And apparently not very cultured.

I swear I came here to post the same thing!  We may be old and uncultured, but we have excellent memories.   

• Love 5

I agree with Tara. I though Myahara's program was fantastic.

I felt her program. Didn't feel anything with Evgenia but I know she won't pull ahead of her. 

Edited by Enero
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Beautiful, Medvedeva. I love the Chopin.

What is the spoken word in the middle of the song?  When I heard it during the team skate, I thought someone accidentally spoke over the music.

1 minute ago, elle said:

What is the spoken word in the middle of the song?  When I heard it during the team skate, I thought someone accidentally spoke over the music.

I am uncertain. They said that it was her breathing on the recording. 

Just now, galaxygirl76 said:

It would please me if the Olympic cheaters from Russia went home without any golds but even I know with my so-so knowledge of figure skating that that won't happen.

True dat.  At this point I'd be happy with pretty much anyone but Not!Russia winning gold.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, MaKaM said:

Some of Zaigatovas moves are just so awkward looking. 

She's flailing all over the place.

eta, so obviously it's going to be a new WR because that's how it seems to go.

Edited by galaxygirl76
  • Love 2

The Russian programs are emotionless and sterile to me. Sure, everything is "perfect" but watching the first half of the program with just skating around and doing little arm movements is so boring. Hope Mirai can pull something out tomorrow!

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Enero said:

I knew they wouldn't put her ahead of Evgenia.

Go Tara! Calling the discrepancies out regarding the judging between Evgenia and Katelyn. 

And Johnny confirming it!

I was confused by Terry commenting that Katelyn was part of the silver medal winning team in Sochi.  She was part of the gold medal winning team there.  Why wouldn't he mention that?

• Love 4