Type keyword(s) to search

Figure Skating

7 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I think it's disrespectful to your competitors, like they are not worth your time.

Why would the competitors care?  Javi was hidden behind the wall while Hanyu skated.  Should he be in his seat?  Do you think Lindsay Vonn paid close attention to every single skiier who went down after she did? 

Maybe a better solution would be to take that camera out of the room if they don't like the look of it.

I LOVE Man of La Mancha!

• Love 6

No matter where Nathan finishes, the U.S. has all three men in the top ten. Quite an accomplishment that no other country achieved. Sorry Ross Miner - I like you fine, but my guess is you wouldn't have been there. The U.S. picked the right team.

• Love 22
7 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

Was that good?  I know Hanyu is the Chosen One but I just wasn't impressed.  The quality of the skating just wasn't that impressive.  Take away the quads (and they weren't all there) and was that a good skate?

I thought the last minute of Hanyu’s skate was really engaging and energizing and artistic, but before that I agree with you. It felt like a lot of “flail arms between jumps” to me.

SO pumped for Javi!!!!!

• Love 2

I'm so happy for Javier! I remember when he burst on the scene at the Sochi Olympics. So much potential. Glad he's getting a great result tonight.

Edited by Enero
  • Love 2
Just now, kittykat said:

At least Javier is getting a medal for sure.  Sorry Nathan.  Imagine if he remains#1 in the free ?

Or if Shoma lands below Nathan and Jin Boyang's wins bronze with that tiny point difference. Ugh.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, mtlchick said:

Tracy and Brian gives me Calgary feels. How is that 30 years ago?!

Ah, Calgary.  That was a fun Olympics! I remember k.d. lang sang at the closing ceremonies and brought the house down.

I thought Javier was a bit conservative.  That's the problem with all these fucking quads; they kill artistry.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Ok this will sound weird but hear me out: I want Nathan to be fifth.  It would be awful to miss the podium by such a small margin so better to be separated by one skater.

I think Ted Ligety, US skier, said precisely the same thing earlier this week when he ended up in fifth.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Moxie Cat said:

Or if Shoma lands below Nathan and Jin Boyang's wins bronze with that tiny point difference. Ugh.

Right now, I'm hoping that Shoma edges Jin out of the bronze, since I think that losing bronze by that very slim margin (added to the two poor short programs) would be heartbreaking for Nathan.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, PoshSprinkles said:

I'm very happy for Hanyu, but Nathan had the program of the night. It would have been an Olympic moment...if he had only delivered in the short. 

Or even half delivered. 

• Love 7