Type keyword(s) to search

Figure Skating

2 minutes ago, Dots And Stripes said:

As an aside, Adam turned NBC down after they officially announced he would be working for him. This looks very messy.

It's possible he accepted but didn't realize he'd have to leave the athletes' village to do it, and once he realized/found that out, he changed his mind. That's not something I would've realized would be necessary.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, AUgirl said:

Shallow comment but good Lord at the beak on the French girl. 

I can’t imagine my 2 skating together. They would kill each other. I enjoyed the Shibs. 

Poor girl, but I give her tons of credit for not having plastic surgery. I'm sure she was pressured to at some point in her career. 

• Love 2

Yeah, Shibs!  They were amazing!  I'm not going to lie, I don't wish ill on any of these teams, but the Shibs are the ones that I like so much that I feel nervous for them.

Madison Chock is a beautiful woman, but her dress choices are questionable at best.  How do those "tails" on her dress not drive her bonkers as she skates?  I won't even get started on her costume's color scheme....

Last group up soon!  How prissy will Madison Hubbell look?  How much will Tanith (and I love Tanith) tell us that V/M and P/C are So Much Better Than Everyone Else?  How much Skating While (Not) Russian PCS be thrown at B/S?  We soon shall see .

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, herbz said:

Chock and Bates were overscored relative to the Shibs. This tech panel is doing my head in because they're probably about to decide the medals in the next 20 minutes and I've disagreed with too many calls. I'd think I was going mad if Tanith didn't say the same.

I don't keep up with Dance... But here's how I think this will go down based on past trends: H/D finish ahead of the Shibs, P/C first, V/M second, B/S third.

3 minutes ago, AUgirl said:

I can’t imagine my 2 skating together. They would kill each other. I enjoyed the Shibs. 

I keep thinking the same. My kids can't be together for five minutes without attempting to annoy each other to death. Maybe I should get them into ice dancing, though -- I do hear "MOM! SHE'S COPYING ME!" more than I need to. And that's what ice dancing is all about, right? Copying each other?

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Minneapple said:

I keep thinking the same. My kids can't be together for five minutes without attempting to annoy each other to death. Maybe I should get them into ice dancing, though -- I do hear "MOM! SHE'S COPYING ME!" more than I need to. And that's what ice dancing is all about, right? Copying each other?

That’s literally all I’ve heard for the past 4 hours. I just told them that the Shibs are skating and look, they aren’t  fighting!

Great skate as always from Virtue and Moir. Ridiculous.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 3

Rhumba under review. And with that, they've almost certainly lost any hope. 2022, kids?

This is exactly what happened in Sochi with their Finnstep.

EDIT: Never mind, never been so thrilled to be so wrong about something before! Praise be to the Choctaw.

Edited by herbz
3 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Does anyone like this music??

Oh, I like Virtue/Moir's music. I like that they picked songs with Latin rhythms but that are "off the beaten trail" for Latin music, instead of giving us another Despacito. It's more interesting and they OWN some very classic music.

• Love 7