Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: Sheklia & Talli

Tara Ariano

A concerned son reaches out when his mom's mysterious online boyfriend seems too shady for comfort. But Mom is hiding secrets of her own, and once Nev and Max find their man, things take a bizarre turn that leave them shocked.

New season. Same trying to force destiny. 

But actually, I'm suspicious whenever the people just happen to know each other. It's some sort of slimy twist. (After all, their slogan this season is that it's double everything, which just further proves that they are actively popping scripts out or just letting people give them fake drama in exchange for being on TV).

The fact that they were friends after probably just means they plotted and set this up together. Doubt Terrance even has kids, but him having several while they were together sounds edgy and will get people talking.

So two pieces of advice:

1. Next week have a likeable client.

2. Nev, I don't want to watch you relay Catfish cases to your wife every week or pack your son into a suitcase to seem like a fun dad, stop being a narcissist. 

Tally-ho my comrades.

• Love 10

Okay, really? The t-shirts? Are they trying to make some sort of statement. We get it. You're extreme liberals, lol. As if nobody already knew. Ugh. Sorry but I happen to notice that as of late or maybe always they are wearing those t-shirts with like "feminist" or "black lives matter". 

• Love 4

Terrance was smirking the whole time, so I call bullshit on the “reveal”. If what he said was true about the relationship, that was a toxic, bad relationship. I hope they both got help because that was scary levels of unhealthy. 

• Love 3

Max has been wearing political shirts for a season or so now. I like that they are wearing them.

Shekila being okay with Talli/Terrance if he was the person in the pictures, but not if he did not look the same when she catfished him with different photos was ridiculous (but not surprising). When Nev and Max were showing the mugshots to Shekila and her son and Max said something like "The good news is he looks exactly the same". That cracked me up.

• Love 12

I'm so glad the recaps are back! They miiiiiight be the only reason I still watch.

This one was even more contrived than usual, there's no way neither one of them knew. Also, I know Sheklia claimed to have had a "Kerry voice," but Terrence apparently didn't and she talked constantly on phone to him? Come on. I think we know which ex she planned to stalk when she set up that fake profile.

• Love 6

Every time I see Max in his Black Lives Matter tee I think he's trying to be topical and trendy rather than political. IDK, I just don't think wearing a tee shirt with a slogan on it has much meaning. Now, he may be doing all kinds of activist work for the Black Lives Matter movement, IDK, but when he wears the tee shirt it makes me snicker. It just seems like something a trend conscious reality celeb would do to seem current.  

• Love 3

Max is pretty political on Twitter, so I do not think he is doing it to be trendy. I have no idea about Nev though. I have never peeked at his social media accounts. I thought his kid was all sorts of cute in this episode though.

• Love 3

God! If they are going to start having the PARENTS of their demographic on this show, they are really going to new depths. Also, I'm now fairly certain that these are all scripted or Nev & Max are totally naive.  I think this show's shelf life has passed.

• Love 1

This episode was total BS. You expect viewers to believe that 2 people who once dated for 5 years & now Live states apart,haven’t spoken in years some how catfished each other? Yeah sure. 

That mother really needs to grow up,and work on herself.  Complaining about how every guy has treated her like shit but yet she only cares how the guy looks,nothing else!  

You want a good guy? Here are some tips.

Stop shopping at Rue21,those clothes are not meant for you. Ditch the ripped leggings.throw away the big eyelashes, stop using greasy eyeshadow. Look for other attributes in a guy other then how he looks,get to know him,see if he’s smart,see if he’s funny,see if he can keep a job,see if he doesn’t cheat! 

• Love 14

Sheklia was completely unlikable. I don't like the show trying to push her as a victim when she was catfishing to begin with.

I don't need to know anybody's wife.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, GaT said:

I don't need to know anybody's wife.

I agree,or his child.  I’m sure they are lovely but I don’t give a shit about their personal lives. 

It kinda makes you wonder how long until MTV drops the Catfish show & creates a show following nev & max around their personal lives,especially since a lot of people seem to Adore Max 

and lets be honest how many more seasons can they do when technology is advancing everyday and all the young people know how to use it.  I don’t wanna watch Senior Citizens get scammed on catfish,that’s just sad! 

• Love 6

Ugh. Can they please stop trying to make Nev’s wife/girlfriend whatever happen? I have never been interested in seeing her on this program. If they are going to check in with her each week then the show will be over for me. 

I think this episode can best be summed up as Sheklia and Terrence have a history of bad decisions each and they continue to do so. That’s the nicest thing I can muster up to say about them. I’m surprised Sheklia didn’t ask to be set up with the real Tallie guy that met up with Nev and Max at the hotel. 

• Love 7

This episode was total BS. You expect viewers to believe that 2 people who once dated for 5 years & now Live states apart,haven’t spoken in years some how catfished each other? Yeah sure. 

That mother really needs to grow up,and work on herself.  Complaining about how every guy has treated her like shit but yet she only cares how the guy looks,nothing else!  

You want a good guy? Here are some tips.

Stop shopping at Rue21,those clothes are not meant for you. Ditch the ripped leggings.throw away the big eyelashes, stop using greasy eyeshadow. Look for other attributes in a guy other then how he looks,get to know him,see if he’s smart,see if he’s funny,see if he can keep a job,see if he doesn’t cheat! 

Me and my wife both cracked up when we saw her leggings/pants during the reveal. I'm always amazed at what people wear to meet the person they're supposedly in love with.

And yeah, no more of Nev's wife, please. I don't even care about Nev at this point.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Eldemarge said:

The ripped leggings/space shoes was the worst outfit I've ever seen on Catfish, which is saying a lot.

The harried hooker hosiery doesn't have the same effect on someone with thighs that big; it looks like they ripped because they were too small.

• Love 5

As soon as I saw the preview clip where Sheklia told Nev that she was using a fake profile to talk to "Talli", I wasn't going to two f*cks about her. She can have all the preferences she wants, but she can't demand he accept her no matter what DESPITE her catfishing him to begin but won't do the same for him. Based off of these comments, I'm willing to bet she would have had an issue with him being upset she wasn't the person she portrayed herself to "Talli" even though she herself said multiple times she wouldn't accept him if he wasn't the person in the photos. I couldn't be bothered with her in this episode and they are made for each other.

• Love 4
On 1/4/2018 at 2:43 AM, AfterwardsTV said:

2. Nev, I don't want to watch you relay Catfish cases to your wife every week or pack your son into a suitcase to seem like a fun dad, stop being a narcissist. 

I agree.  I'd rather see more Max, but this looks like he's getting pushed aside for more Nev.
Max should have been the lead one to start with, because he didn't fall for a catfish, as Nev did.

• Love 3

I watch this show because of Max and in spite of Nev. But it isn't surprising at all that Nev fell for a catfish. I have a feeling he falls for every catfish. Max seems a bit more sensible and realistic. I suppose the show needs that balance, but I really could do without Nev.

• Love 4

This mom is how serial killersbare made. My heart breaks for her son. I hope he'll defy the odds and be okay in spite of the crushing disappointment and  humiliation he has to endure woth each new of hos mom's "boo"s.

This episode was fake as hell. Except for the burning ruination of that young man's life.

I continue to love Max. No more of Nev's family please.

• Love 4
On 1/5/2018 at 7:58 AM, Angeleyes said:

Ugh. Can they please stop trying to make Nev’s wife/girlfriend whatever happen? I have never been interested in seeing her on this program. If they are going to check in with her each week then the show will be over for me. 

I feel just the opposite. The catfish situations are obviously fake/scripted. I watch this show more for Nev and Max than the spurious, set-up stories. They provide some level of entertainment, for sure, but I think Nev's wife and baby are adorable, and I would watch the heck out of show about the guys and their personal lives.

• Love 1
On 1/4/2018 at 9:48 AM, Misslindsey said:

Max has been wearing political shirts for a season or so now. I like that they are wearing them.

I have to admit that Max wearing that Feminist t-shirt is HOT. 

No Max, leave the t-shirt ON... ;)

• Love 4
On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:42 AM, Eldemarge said:

The ripped leggings/space shoes was the worst outfit I've ever seen on Catfish, which is saying a lot.

Also, Nev's wife getting the Robin McGraw treatment is weird.

Especially in those beefy legs she had.

• Love 1

Nice to hear everyone else thought this coincidence was bs too. I had friends who faked a story to get on the Ricki Lake show but they were college kids who wanted a free trip to NY. These people are in their 30's! I felt bad for her son.

My husband has a Feminist shirt and think it's hot and important to show support. Glad to hear people think it's trendy. I hope it is!!

Edited by Soobs
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Max wearing anything is HOT. Seriously, I'd Catfish myself just to get on the show to meet him in person. lol

Can I be your friend who they think is doing the catfishing until the discover it is in fact you, just so I can meet Max?

• Love 7