Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

45 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

No, sorry, I haven't seen any of the Jurassic Park movies.

I never knew anyone that hasn't seen Jurassic Park. You should at least check out the first one or the new one with Chris Pratt. 

If you watch any British tv Sam Neill is in a lot of those. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

I know the name, but I don't think I've ever seen Sam Neill in anything. Well except this of course.

Ha, I didn't know until now that was Chris Hemsworth's brother, either.  Shows how much I've been paying attention.

I was going to mention Jurassic Park, but then I read your response about never having seen it!?????

Did you ever see The Hunt for Red October? He played Sean Connery’s second in Command; he played Merlin in NBC’s Merlin mini-series in the early ‘90s. The Tudors?

1 hour ago, Chaser said:

I...what?

I know, right??

1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

No, sorry, I haven't seen any of the Jurassic Park movies.

??? If nothing else, watch them just to see the  ? ? fuck things up!!!????

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1
Just now, Starfish35 said:

Wow. :) I didn't get this much reaction when I said I'd never seen Titanic or Avatar. Lol!

You don’t have to see them. You’ll never get those hours back. 

JP really is a great movie. It’s Spielberg and John Williams at their best and has a great cast, script, and effects that hold up. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Did you ever see The Hunt for Red October? He played Sean Connery’s second in Command; he played Merlin in NBC’s Merlin mini-series in the early ‘90s. The Tudors?

Nope, nope, and nope.  Although Hunt for Red October is on my To Be Watched list.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Hahahahaha :) Sorry guys.  I've never been much of a movie watcher at all.  The superhero movies, yeah.  But other than that.... *shrug*  A few, but not a lot.

I have seen the Terminator movies - does that help?  :D

hehe I'm like you! No Titanic, JP or Avatar.

Haven't seen any of the new Star Wars either! 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sakura12 said:

You can skip Titanic and Avatar. Those two are overhyped and long. But you should check out Jurassic Park. 

I actually like Titanic quite a bit, Its WAY too long, but I think it tells a good story and has a lot of really good performances. It think it is over hyped, but I always watch some of it when I see it on TV if I`m bored. Avatar sucks though. And yes, Jurassic Park is awesome. Now, when people tell me they've never seen Star Wars, THAT is when I drop anything I was doing and stare in shock! 

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Now, when people tell me they've never seen Star Wars, THAT is when I drop anything I was doing and stare in shock! 

I have actually seen Star Wars. :)  At least the original trilogy, and TFA. Not the prequels though.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

Despite the box office records, I feel like Avatar hasn't stood the test of time as well as Titanic or the original JP, which are classics. At least in the public consciousness. 

It really hasn't. No one really talks about it anymore like they do with Titanic or JP, unless its about the visuals. When you see it in theaters (or visit the park version) the visuals are amazing. But when you take it home to watch on your laptop, your stuck with boring characters, a cliche ridden plot, and a lot of hokey dialogue. Its a very generic movie with great effects. 

@Starfish35 Thats good to hear! You dont really need to spend time on the prequels :) 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, tv echo said:

SLIDE 10/10 – A GIFT CARD TO BIG BELLY BURGER

Honestly, this is the path to an SPN Arrow x over.  Someone sends Dean a gift card to Big Belly Burger  but it is only good in Star City and he learns they are a subsidiary of Biggerson's...I'm telling you...

• Love 4

The latest issue of Batman, which has a snippet posted above courtesy of @Primal Slayer, gave me an idea of another way Warner Bros could fix and continue the DCCU (since I have final say and everything): scale it down in story.  This issue of Batman has Clark, Lois, Bruce and Selina go on a double date to a carnival.  It's superhero themed and that guy won't let them in since they aren't dressed appropriately.  The decision is made for everyone to swap costumes (Bruce keeps saying no but Selina convinces him). Bruce dresses as Superman, Clark as Batman, Lois as Catwoman, and Selina just wears Lois' dress and gets past the gatekeeper by purring a patented Catwoman "Meow" in his ear.  They go around to participate in various activities and get to know each other.  Bruce and Clark debate the likelihood of whether the former can hit a pitch thrown by the latter.  Lois and Selina hit it off and get drunk and giggly together.  There's one point where a failed Rorschach (correct outfit but blank mask) steals Selina's purse and Bruce stops him by throwing a baseball at him.  That's the big fight scene of the issue.  It ends with Bruce and Clark deciding to see who would be right in their earlier debate and go to a baseball field to settle it.  Turns out, Bruce is right. 

Nothing happens in this issue that affects the world, Gotham, Metropolis, or any other location, but it's big for the characters.  It might be my favorite issue of Rebirth thus far* and I would love to see WB go in this direction.   Take a break from the World Changing/Ending stories and have the characters hang out.  Let them get to know each other and let the audience watch.  If they don't want to go the double date route, borrow from the Batman issue where he has the Robins Old and New (Dick, Jason, Damian, Duke-not a Robin but a sidekick) meet him at Batburger to tell them to leave town (Bane's on a revenge spree).  Duke has to drag Bruce away from the counter while he lectures the cashier for asking him if he'd like to Jokerize his fries.  The Robins are generally joking around, with Jason going full Big Brother Annoys Little Brother mode with Damian, while Dick teases Bruce for cutting his burger with a knife and fork.  Bruce is Bruce and gets mad they aren't taking the threat seriously (Tim is presumed dead) and storms out, resulting in everyone basically agreeing to ignore him and stick around to face Bane.  It's a fun scene that would certainly go a long way in getting people invested in the characters and their relationships to one another.  That way we can feel emotion for the actual characters later when Bane tries to kill them, rather than because they are/were Robins.

Scaling down in story would also help them with their budget problems since they wouldn't need as many effects.

*I don't read all, or even half, of the Rebirth comics that are out there so there may be better individual issues, but this is my favorite of what I read to give context.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

It's the best of the Jack Ryan movies although not as good as the book. Hands down Alec Baldwin was the best Jack Ryan.

I think Baldwin is the best Jack Ryan. I still like Clear and Present Danger better than Hunt for Red October. Both are must sees IMO

So Olicitys reception pic was the most liked instagram post on Warnerbros official instagram account by a huge margin at 14,000+ likes The next highest post was the crossover pic of Kara Alex and Harrison Wells at 6,500+ followed by the Supergirl and Reign publicity photo at 5,000 + likes and a video of Grant greeting fans at comic con was the most viewed video at 18,000 + views. 

The Arrow cast photo from comic con also made the top 9 but I'm not sure where it ranks. They all pretty much sat around the 4000-4500 likes  mark. 

DRmGQtGX4AAewPZ?format=jpg

• Love 10

Sometimes I think WB just uses Arrow and doesn't appreciate the boost their shows got from it.

Sam Neill was one of my early crushes.  I even liked him as Merlin. (Sort of on topic)

13 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

In my experience, returning wedding/baby shower/holiday gifts to the store is fairly common - that's why a lot of places ask if you want a gift receipt. I mean, returning it to the giver would be incredibly rude, but I got the sense that Barry and Iris were just going to take them back to wherever they were purchased from, which I don't really have a problem with. It could get a little awkward if Felicity or Oliver asked about it, but they don't seem like the types who would. 

There was a scene when they were walking back from the store having returned the toasters and talking about how much money they got from returning the gifts and could spend now. Yes. crass.  Especially since they both presumably have decently paying jobs and no kids, debts or major expenses. They don't even have to pay transportation with Barry's super speed.

11 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

It's a big difference if Iris just gets it off her chest to her husband and moves on then if she holds a grudge or is talking to various people about it. I doubt the girl cares that much in the long run to hold a grudge or become bitter towards Felicity. 

I think the problem is not so much about grudges or Iris resenting Felicity but that the Flash writers think that people behaving badly is funny.  Look at Ralph Dibney.  Most of us have posted what an awful character he is but the Flash writers love him and keep sticking him in every place they can.. They're like the Married With Children writers of the Arrowverse.  Felicity just got caught in their detritus.

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

So Olicitys reception pic was the most liked instagram post on Warnerbros official instagram account by a huge margin at 14,000+ likes The next highest post was the crossover pic of Kara Alex and Harrison Wells at 6,500+ followed by the Supergirl and Reign publicity photo at 5,000 + likes and a video of Grant greeting fans at comic con was the most viewed video at 18,000 + views. 

The Arrow cast photo from comic con also made the top 9 but I'm not sure where it ranks. They all pretty much sat around the 4000-4500 likes  mark. 

DRmGQtGX4AAewPZ?format=jpg

6 seasons and the WB still hasn't managed to come up with decent Arrow or Olicity merchandise. I got an Olicity calendar from a friend and it is just gorgeous. If WB had sold something like that on its store, I'd buy and I'm sure lots of other people would, too. I mean, look at Lord Mesa's Olicity fanart at HVFF and how it sells out so quickly! My friend also did an Olicity calendar last year and she was telling me that she got something like 1,200 downloads for the US version alone. That tells me there's interest. How many would WB need to sell to make money on freakin' calendars?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

There was a scene when they were walking back from the store having returned the toasters and talking about how much money they got from returning the gifts and could spend now. Yes. crass.  Especially since they both presumably have decently paying jobs and no kids, debts or major expenses. They don't even have to pay transportation with Barry's super speed.

Didn’t they also say Mick stole the toasters? How did they return stolen items? 

1 hour ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Lol good question. I guess that's where all that store credit came from. :)  Although that brings up the question of the ethics of getting credit for known stolen merchandise.  The writers really didn't think this one through at all.

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Lol good question. I guess that's where all that store credit came from. :)  Although that brings up the question of the ethics of getting credit for known stolen merchandise.  The writers really didn't think this one through at all.

I think that's why they had WestAllen realize the toasters were stolen as they were leaving the store. There'll still be a moral issue if they actually use it and only total morons(which Barry & Iris usually aren't) wouldn't realize the 40 duplicate items Mick Rory said he got in a "fire sale" were stolen but I think they think that excuses it.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

The latest issue of Batman, which has a snippet posted above courtesy of @Primal Slayer, gave me an idea of another way Warner Bros could fix and continue the DCCU (since I have final say and everything): scale it down in story.  This issue of Batman has Clark, Lois, Bruce and Selina go on a double date to a carnival.  It's superhero themed and that guy won't let them in since they aren't dressed appropriately.  The decision is made for everyone to swap costumes (Bruce keeps saying no but Selina convinces him). Bruce dresses as Superman, Clark as Batman, Lois as Catwoman, and Selina just wears Lois' dress and gets past the gatekeeper by purring a patented Catwoman "Meow" in his ear.  They go around to participate in various activities and get to know each other.  Bruce and Clark debate the likelihood of whether the former can hit a pitch thrown by the latter.  Lois and Selina hit it off and get drunk and giggly together.  There's one point where a failed Rorschach (correct outfit but blank mask) steals Selina's purse and Bruce stops him by throwing a baseball at him.  That's the big fight scene of the issue.  It ends with Bruce and Clark deciding to see who would be right in their earlier debate and go to a baseball field to settle it.  Turns out, Bruce is right. 

Nothing happens in this issue that affects the world, Gotham, Metropolis, or any other location, but it's big for the characters.  It might be my favorite issue of Rebirth thus far* and I would love to see WB go in this direction.   Take a break from the World Changing/Ending stories and have the characters hang out.  Let them get to know each other and let the audience watch.  If they don't want to go the double date route, borrow from the Batman issue where he has the Robins Old and New (Dick, Jason, Damian, Duke-not a Robin but a sidekick) meet him at Batburger to tell them to leave town (Bane's on a revenge spree).  Duke has to drag Bruce away from the counter while he lectures the cashier for asking him if he'd like to Jokerize his fries.  The Robins are generally joking around, with Jason going full Big Brother Annoys Little Brother mode with Damian, while Dick teases Bruce for cutting his burger with a knife and fork.  Bruce is Bruce and gets mad they aren't taking the threat seriously (Tim is presumed dead) and storms out, resulting in everyone basically agreeing to ignore him and stick around to face Bane.  It's a fun scene that would certainly go a long way in getting people invested in the characters and their relationships to one another.  That way we can feel emotion for the actual characters later when Bane tries to kill them, rather than because they are/were Robins.

Scaling down in story would also help them with their budget problems since they wouldn't need as many effects.

*I don't read all, or even half, of the Rebirth comics that are out there so there may be better individual issues, but this is my favorite of what I read to give context.

I would much prefer that Damian be presumed dead than Tim. 

Thanks for this synopsis! I’ll definitely check it out! One because I love the Clark and Bruce Friendship and two: because Clark and LOIS are back together.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

We’re stuck with Damian unfortunately but he’s more palatable when he’s in Little Brother mode opposite Dick or Jason. 

Sigh. I know. I hate that little twerp. And I hate even more how he came to be in existence. It probably doesn't help that the one and only movie I saw where I learned how he came to be pisses me off to no end, because

basically, Talia roofie'd/raped Bats, and thus the demon spawn was born.

Maybe he comes off better in the comics?

The Identity Of 'The Flash' Waitress Could Be Revealed When She Returns To The Show
DREW KOCH   December 21, 2017
https://www.bustle.com/p/the-identity-of-the-flash-waitress-could-be-revealed-when-she-returns-to-the-show-7586666

We may be in the midst of the show's winter hiatus, but The Flash Season 4 is returning to the CW on Jan. 16. In the meantime, the crossover event Crisis on Earth-X event still has people still talking about just who the waitress from Barry and Iris' wedding is. According to actor Jessica Parker Kennedy, who made her Arrow-Verse debut as the mysterious caterer, the crossover wasn't the last you'll be seeing of that character.
“I’ll be around,” Kennedy teases, speaking over the phone in early December. “You’ll see me at least one more time, I can tell you that." And promisingly, she indicates that her next appearance will perhaps provide some answers. "You’ll see me again on the show and things will make more sense," the actor says.

According to the actor, by the time we speak, she had only filmed two episodes. The first was one episode of Supergirl, which was techically the first episode of the crossover event. The second is one episode of The Flash, which will come at some point in the second half of the season.
And we'll probably have to wait till that episode to get those answers, since her character identity is on lockdown. Kennedy says that only her and a select few others know the secret — not even many of The Flash actors. She can’t even reveal her character’s name.

“No, it’s really funny,” she says. “They have me listed as ‘Mystery Girl’ and I just hang out as Mystery Girl on set. Even [the costume department] are like, ‘Who are you?’ And I’m like: ‘I am Mystery Girl.’ It’s been a very secretive mission and it’s been fun to be a part of."
Kennedy actually never had to audition for her mystery role. Instead, it was the creators of the show that sought her out. “I got brought into the office and the producers had kinda let me know what their idea was, and it was so cool because it was such a personal meeting,” she says. “They told me about it, and I was really excited. It’s a very cool concept, and you know, it’s very secretive and hush hush."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

The award winners will be announced by ComicBook.com on Facebook at 7 pm ET on December 28, 2017...

2017 ComicBook.com Golden Issue Awards Promo [VIDEO]
By COMICBOOK.COM STAFF - December 21, 2017
http://comicbook.com/2017/12/21/video-2017-comicbook-com-golden-issue-awards-promo/

I'm suprised that ComicBook.com didn't include The Flash as a nominee in its Best Returning TV Series category or include WestAllen as a nominee in its Best Ship category...

The 2017 ComicBook.com Golden Issue Awards Nominations for TV
By CHARLIE RIDGELY - December 21, 2017
http://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2017/12/21/2017-golden-issue-awards-nominees-tv/

Welcome to the 2017 ComicBook.com Golden Issue Awards, where we here at ComicBook.com take a look back at the year that was and choose the best of the best in comics and comic book-related media.
To be considered for an award, the series needed to air episodes at some point in 2017 and be based on a comic book or graphic novel. It's as simple as that.
SLIDE 1/12 – BEST RETURNING TV SERIES
The nominees are:
Arrow (The CW)
Agents of SHIELD (ABC)
Legends of Tomorrow (The CW)
Riverdale (The CW)
Fear the Walking Dead (AMC)
SLIDE 2/12 – BEST NEW TV SERIES
The nominees are:
Marvel's Runaways (Hulu)
The Punisher (Netflix)
Legion (FX)
The Tick (Amazon)
The Gifted (FOX)
SLIDE 3/12 – BEST TV ACTOR
The nominees are:
Lennie James as Morgan Jones - The Walking Dead
Jon Bernthal as Frank Castle - The Punisher
Michael Cerveris as Professor Pyg - Gotham
Rhenzy Feliz as Alex Wilder - Runaways
Dan Stevens as David Haller - Legion
SLIDE 4/12 – BEST TV ACTRESS
The nominees are:
Ruth Negga as Tulip O'Hare - Preacher
Jessica Henwick as Colleen Wing - Iron Fist/The Defenders
Aubrey Plaza as Lenny Busker - Legion
Krysten Ritter as Jessica Jones - The Defenders
Chyler Leigh as Alex Danvers - Supergirl
SLIDE 5/12 – BEST ENSEMBLE CAST
The nominees are:
Marvel's Runaways (Hulu)
Legends of Tomorrow (The CW)
Gotham (FOX)
Fear the Walking Dead (AMC)
Legion (FX)
SLIDE 6/12 – BEST TV HERO
The nominees are:
Alicia Clark (Alycia Debnam-Carey) - Fear the Walking Dead
White Canary (Caity Lotz) - Legends of Tomorrow
Jessica Jones (Krysten Ritter) - The Defenders
The Tick (Peter Serafinowicz) - The Tick
Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) - Supergirl
SLIDE 7/12 – BEST TV VILLAIN
The nominees are:
Lenny (Aubrey Plaza) - Legion
Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) - The Walking Dead
Penguin (Robin Lord Taylor) - Gotham
Herr Starr (Pip Torrens) - Preacher
Billy Russo (Ben Barnes) - The Punisher
SLIDE 8/12 – BEST GUEST APPEARANCE
The nominees are:
Jemaine Clement as Oliver Bird - Legion
Molly Ringwald as Mary Andrews - Riverdale
Katee Sackhoff as Amunet Black - The Flash
Brett Dalton as Grant Ward - Agents of SHIELD
Charlie Tahan as Scarecrow - Gotham
SLIDE 9/12 – BEST SHIP
The nominees are:
Sara Lance and Alex Danvers - Arrowverse
"Olicity" - Arrow
Betty Cooper and Jughead Jones - Riverdale
Jim Gordon and Sofia Falcone - Gotham
Cisco and Gypsy - The Flash
SLIDE 10/12 – MOST SHOCKING MOMENT
The nominees are:
"Frank's Interrogation" - The Punisher
"Tommy Merlyn as Earth-X Prometheus" - Arrow
"Madison Kills Troy" - Fear the Walking Dead
"Butch Revealed as Solomon Grundy" - Gotham
"Lian Yu Explosion" - Arrow
SLIDE 11/12 – MOST TRAGIC DEATH
The nominations are:
Martin Stein - Legends of Tomorrow
Shiva the Tiger - The Walking Dead
Sasha Williams - The Walking Dead
Ofelia Salazar - Fear the Walking Dead
The Patriot - Agents of SHIELD
SLIDE 12/12 – BEST EPISODE
The nominees are:
"Crisis on Earth-X" - Arrowverse
"Bury Me Here" - The Walking Dead
"Chapter 7" - Legion
"Home" - The Punisher
"Worst Behavior" - The Defenders

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Maybe he comes off better in the comics?

He does with Dick or Jason while his relationship with Bruce is emotionally distant. Not gonna lie, this amuses me, since his existence feels like a bone DC threw to the Talia endgame readers.

• Love 1

10 Sexiest “SFW” TV Moments Of The Year: The Dirtiest Moments That Are SOMEHOW Okay For Work
By Meghan O'Keefe  Dec 16, 2017 
https://decider.com/2017/12/16/sexiest-sfw-tv-scenes-poldark-riverdale-insecure/ 

“NSFW.” It’s an acronym that has saved many from potential embarrassment in the home and the office. It means, as you well know, “Not Safe For Work.” The implication being that what you’re about to see on screen is tawdry, explicit, and potentially profane. It’s also probably loads of fun.
We’ve gone through the year and found 10 of the sexiest, dirtiest, craziest moments that somehow pass the “SFW” filter. That means there’s no outright nudity. It’s all suggestive. And it’s not just stuff for adults — it’s on programs designed to be watched together as a family.
5 of 11
felicity-oliver-arrow.gif?w=642 
SEXY SFW MOMENT: Oliver and Felicity's "bunker" hookup on Arrow WHY IT'S SEXY: It's the perfect combination of tongue-in-cheek foreplay (chin ups!), incandescent chemistry, and a raw, animalistic hook up between two characters who are many viewers' "OTP." WHY IT'S TECHNICALLY "SFW": Leave it to the CW to give Emily Bett Rickards a flesh colored satin bra. It looks nude in the wide shot, but keeps everything PG in the close up.
6 of 11
kiss-crisis.gif?w=642
SEXY SFW MOMENT: That crossover kiss on The Flash's "Crisis on Earth X." WHY IT'S SEXY: There's a lot happening here. First, the nonchalant way in which Russell Tovey just doffs his sweater. Then, the nonchalant way in which the Wentworth Miller goes in for a kiss. It's not just steamy, but it's matter-of-fact, which kind of makes it even sexier? The dirt is in how out in the open it is. WHY IT'S TECHNICALLY "SFW": A kiss is just kiss, just like a sigh is but a sigh...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

Did The Flash piss off comicbook.com or was the last season really that bad?  They got a nomination for one villain and then nothing else.  I don't like The Flash, but I assume they would be a favorite of that website.

The Flash has 2 nominations. Cisco and Gypsy were nominated for Best Ship.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

The award winners will be announced by ComicBook.com on Facebook at 7 pm ET on December 28, 2017...

2017 ComicBook.com Golden Issue Awards Promo [VIDEO]
By COMICBOOK.COM STAFF - December 21, 2017
http://comicbook.com/2017/12/21/video-2017-comicbook-com-golden-issue-awards-promo/

I'm suprised that ComicBook.com didn't include The Flash as a nominee in its Best Returning TV Series category or include WestAllen as a nominee in its Best Ship category...

The 2017 ComicBook.com Golden Issue Awards Nominations for TV
By CHARLIE RIDGELY - December 21, 2017
http://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2017/12/21/2017-golden-issue-awards-nominees-tv/

How do you vote in this?

They must be very happy with the Crisis on Earth foursome.  A lot of praise, especially when it was favourably compared to JL, and it's the perfect standalone to fit into a vacation timeslt.

12 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Thats the problem with the Flash writers.  We complain about the Arrow writers but they're Samuel Beckett compared to the Flash writers.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, thegirlsleuth said:

Did The Flash piss off comicbook.com or was the last season really that bad?  They got a nomination for one villain and then nothing else.  I don't like The Flash, but I assume they would be a favorite of that website.

The plot was a version of Barry trying to kill Iris for an entire season and team Flash trying to stop it!

Although I agree with you I didn't think that website would have a problem with that and they'd be up for more nominations.

• Love 2

The 10 Best Interdimensional Stories of 2017
By Corey Plante on December 22, 2017
https://www.inverse.com/article/39701-2017-interdimensional-stories-rick-and-morty-stranger-things-star-trek

At its core, multiverse theory in physics is the assumption that any number of mirrored realities might be layered atop our own. Every choice we make creates a singular timeline that exists apart from all others where different choices were made with infinite variation; which is great news for science fiction fans. More and more, theories of alternate dimensions and mirror realities permeate through some of the most popular fictional stories around, whether there are speedster superheroes involved or not. DC Comics, Marvel Comics, Star Trek, Doctor Who, Rick and Morty, The Flash — if there’s a franchise with sci-fi elements, you can bet that its characters have stepped into an alternate reality at some point.
5. “Crisis on Earth-X”
Unsurprisingly, the best thing to come from live-action storytelling with DC Comics characters came on The CW instead of the DCEU. This year’s Arrowverse crossover offered a spectacular interdimensional team-up with a dizzying array of superheroes that felt more like Infinity War than it did Justice League, and it was definitely way better than the latter.

In “Crisis on Earth-X,” The Flash’s wedding is crashed by Nazis from Earth-X, an alternate reality where the Nazis won World War II and, in the present day, Oliver Queen is the Fuhrer with Kara Danvers, aka Overgirl, as his wife. So basically, Green Arrow and Supergirl are Nazi overlords with an entire conquered world at their back.

The Arrowverse is fond of these interdimensional romps with villainous doppelgangers — we’ve seen it happen often on The Flash and a lot this season on Arrow with Earth-2 Laurel Lance — but never before has it pulled off one of this scope so damn well.

We get narrative development for characters on all four shows — Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, and Supergirl — while generally just speaking having an awesomely fun time.
2. Thor: Ragnarok
The Marvel Cinematic Universe has a complicated relationship with dimensions, realms, and other realities that’s only going to get more complicated when Avengers: Infinity War comes out and Thanos inevitably gets his hands on the “Reality Stone” — which could theoretically could allow him to create a new universe or wipe out the one we all know, love, and have spent hundreds of dollars at the movie theater to watch.

Taika Waititi’s Thor: Ragnarok is not only one of the best MCU movies ever, but it’s one of the best films of 2017. Thor’s journeys have always dabbled the most in various realities — or as he likes to call them “realms.”

In Ragnarok, Thor’s sister escapes from some dimensional prison and threatens to destroy all of Asgard. The tale becomes something of a cosmic buddy-cop bromance between Thor and Hulk on the gladiatorial planet Sakaar before they’re able to sort things out.

But really, where exact was Hela imprisoned? And how is Asgard even cosmically possible if it exists as a kind of massive disc in space?

10. Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon
9. “Into the Forest I Go” — Star Trek: Discovery
8. Super Mario Odyssey
7. Future Man
6. It
5. “Crisis on Earth-X”
4. The Lego Batman Movie
3. Stranger Things 2
2. Thor: Ragnarok
1. “The Ricklantis Mixup: Tales From the Citadel” — Rick and Morty

Edited by tv echo
On 12/21/2017 at 11:49 PM, insomniadreams88 said:

Are you kidding?  Barry could have returned all 40 of them before anyone even realized they were missing.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

Are you kidding?  Barry could have returned all 40 of them before anyone even realized they were missing.

I think the question was more about how did Barry and Iris return 40 stolen toasters to get store credit.

• Love 5