Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

I really hated Justice League, Suicide Squad and BvS (and batman is usually my fave). However, I really liked Wonder Woman and that Aquaman trailer look awesome, so I'm crossing my fingers.

• Love 3

I didn't like the Aquaman trailer. Too much bad CGI and I'm not feeling bro Aquaman even though Momoa is such a pretty, pretty man. But color me surprised how much I liked the Shazam trailer. It looks really fun. 

• Love 2

If Nicole’s character is anything like her personality then we should have a good time next season. The Supergirl panel was really fun in general and my favorite bit was when someone asked if Alex could borrow a Legion ring to fly with Kara and Jesse, without missing a beat, took off the one he stole from props and handed it to Chyler. 

• Love 2

In no particular order: 

-Siren is continuing to live Laurel’s life and is giving a press conference so I guess she’s the DA?

-Oliver gets jumped in the shower so there will be naked Amell

-Captured rogues interact with him in prison

-Five months since vigilantes were last seen

-Someone dons the Arrow suit and does parkour while kicking ass (I’m assuming Roy)

-Felicity and William go running through the woods and Diaz is shown in the woods holding a gun over one of them

-Dinah’s still a cop

• Love 2
(edited)
5 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

-Siren is continuing to live Laurel’s life and is giving a press conference so I guess she’s the DA?

Huhwhat? *facepalm*  Oh Arrow. 

I saw something on Tumblr about SA saying that the Legends not being in the crossover is a good thing.  Did he really say that? I don’t trust random Tumblr stuff.

Edited by Starfish35

Amell saying Oliver will piss people off at the start of the season has me thinking he gives into his demons in order to survive and that’s what he needs to come back from when he inevitably gets out of prison. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

In no particular order: 

-Oliver gets jumped in the shower so there will be naked Amell

-Captured rogues interact with him in prison

-Five months since vigilantes were last seen

-Someone dons the Arrow suit and does parkour while kicking ass (I’m assuming Roy)

-Felicity and William go running through the woods and Diaz is shown in the woods holding a gun over one of them

-Dinah’s still a cop

At least EBR gets to do some action stuff.  

3 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Huhwhat? *facepalm*  Oh Arrow. 

I saw something on Tumblr about SA saying that the Legends not being in the crossover is a good thing.  Did he really say that? I don’t trust random Tumblr stuff.

The crossover didn’t really come up other than Flash mentioning what the specific episode was. 

• Love 1

The Flash panel wasn’t bad. Grant and Tom were giggling together whenever they didn’t have to answer a question which was entertaining to watch. Candace is excited about Iris doing more journalism and seeing that get incorporated into the stories. Barry and Nora bond right away while she’s distant to Iris and the mystery as to why will be part of the ongoing Back To The Future Of it all. 

• Love 1

What’s the point of mourning on these shows? Death means nothing. If they don’t come back via supernatural methods, you’re bound to run into another version you can pretty easily talk into assuming the identity of the one you lost.  

• Love 8

No kidding. Lances don't stay dead anyway. And if Sara gets impatient waiting for Earth1 Quentin to be reanimated, she can just visit another earth and bring a new Quentin back with her.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

That’s a frustrating answer in a lot of ways. :(  I wanted to see losing Quentin having an impact on Sara, although I didn’t want a repeat of season two.  And I don’t necessarily like Legends being labeled as a comedy.  I like that it’s lighter, but I also liked the more serious character-driven elements, and I don’t want them to lose that in favor of pushing it too far into the comedy zone. (And obviously I have no interest in KC ever showing up.)

• Love 1

Watched the two movie trailers.  I thought both were good, but I’m still a little dubious about both movies, although I know I’ll end up watching both.

The Shazam trailer is funny; I’m just not sure how that’s going to extend to a whole movie.  And I saw a comment that ZL is basically just playing Chuck with superpowers, and I don’t necessarily disagree with that, based on that trailer.

I thought the Aquaman trailer looked great.  I just....I think a lot of my reservations about this movie center around Jason Momoa and the whole “surfer dude” (I guess that’s the term?  Not really sure) way he’s playing the character.  It can be funny (the “worst pep talk ever” clip), but it’s not really a character that I really can get invested in, if that makes any sense. Probably not. :(

(edited)

I don’t think these have been posted here yet?

DC's Legends Adds Supernatural Whiz, Back to the Future’s Biff for Season 4

DC’s Legends of Tomorrow keeps adding to its cast: The CW’s Arrowverse drama has tapped a pair of actors to join its Season 4 ensemble, TVLine has learned.

Ramona Young (Z Nation, Santa Clarita Diet) will be a new series regular as Alaska Yu, a young girl obsessed with fantasy novels who is “something of an expert in the world of the magical creatures that the Legends encounter in Season 4,” per the official description. “In the company of the Legends, she soon learns to get her head out of the clouds to become a kickass superhero.”

Tom Wilson — best known as Biff in the Back to the Future movies — also joins the cast in a recurring role as Hank Heywood, the father of Nick Zano’s Nate. Hank is a charmer who spent his career in the military and the Department of Defense; “he’s left big shoes for Nate to fill — and it doesn’t help that Nate can’t tell him he’s secretly a Legend!”

Legends @ Comic-Con: [ Spoiler ]'s New Character Revealed, 'Avalance' Update and... a Beatles Cameo?

One of Legends of Tomorrow‘s biggest mysteries has been answered: Maisie Richardson-Sellers — whose alter ego Amaya returned to her homeland of Zambesi at the close of Season 3 — will be playing a completely new character named Charlie in Season 4.

“[She’s] a magical fugitive who slips through” the rift the Waverider crew opened, Richardson-Sellers revealed during the show’s San Diego Comic-Con panel on Saturday. “She’s a rebel without a cause, she’s a trickster. She’s on her own mission, and the Legends stumble upon her. She’s going to shake up the ship” and “challenge” the team as they try to determine if the newcomer is a friend or foe.

Other highlights from the panel:

* Praise, Beebo! The furry scene-stealer will be back, showrunner Phil Klemmer promised after actor Adam Tsekhman (aka Gary) crashed the panel in a full head-to-toe Beebo costume.

* Actress Jes Macallan noted that a “West Wing-in-space” Time Bureau set has been built. Additionally, the Ava-Sara will be explored further. “We’re going to see these two really strong women try to domesticate” and try to “find time for each other,” the actress shared, adding that viewers will see a softer side of both characters.

* The season premiere finds the Waverider crew “in Woodstock,” star Tala Ashe teased, “and we might cross paths with the Beatles in the ’60s. [The episode is] so crazy. It’s going to be great.”

* “Nate will be living a little bit more in the real world, and he will be reconnecting with [his] father,” producer Keto Shimizu shared. Added actor Nick Zano: “You get a lot of insight into Nate’s history.”

* Nora Darhk will have a journey of self-reflection ahead of her. “She’s not with Mallus, she’s not with her father,” Courtney Ford noted. “She has to figure out who she is without these dark influences. Will she become a complicated ally? Ray’s such a positive energy and an incredibly positive influence. Is she going to be drawn towards that? Or is she going to [cat growl].”

Edited by Starfish35

I could definitely understand them asking not to be part of it, it seems like a huge pain in the butt shooting wise and they always seemed to get the short-end of the stick. Last year wasn't as bad with Firestorm/Stein's death but their episode still ended with only characters from other shows.

• Love 2

Yeah, especially with them having two less episodes this year, I can understand it.  I wasn’t thrilled when I first heard about it, and I still am doubtful that I will watch the crossover at all this year, but I get it, and I do think it’s probably the best thing for the show.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

That’s a frustrating answer in a lot of ways. :(  I wanted to see losing Quentin having an impact on Sara, although I didn’t want a repeat of season two.  And I don’t necessarily like Legends being labeled as a comedy.  I like that it’s lighter, but I also liked the more serious character-driven elements, and I don’t want them to lose that in favor of pushing it too far into the comedy zone. (And obviously I have no interest in KC ever showing up.)

Yeah I winced when she said LoT has become a comedy. Constantine and his mythos shouldn't be a comedic and I like a nice balance in general.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I like a nice balance in general.

Yes, that’s it.  I was afraid Constantine would take it too far into the horror genre, which I didn’t want, but I don’t want them to go too far the other way either.  I like the funny stuff, but I also like the serious character-focused stuff, and I don’t want to lose that.  And frankly, there’s only so much fourth-wall breaking I can handle.  :(

• Love 3
(edited)
40 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Yeah, especially with them having two less episodes this year, I can understand it.  I wasn’t thrilled when I first heard about it, and I still am doubtful that I will watch the crossover at all this year, but I get it, and I do think it’s probably the best thing for the show.

To be honest I don't think the crossover this year will be anything special anyway. They are just going to use it to launch some new show.

It will probably feature the new character blah blah blah so I doubt you'd be missing out on much!

Gotta love the outlook for S7. No honeymoon, no Olicity baby and probably a crossover flogging some new chick. I'm beyond thrilled.

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 6

Ugh,  I'm interested in not-AMaya at all.   That's disappointing.   I was hoping for a different earth Amaya or maybe different time period.   This sounds dumb. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, ruby24 said:

Flash producer Todd Helbing confirmed that the crossover IS episode 9 this year.

I'm really surprised they actually moved it. I didn't mind the 100th being part of the crossover, plus it'll be odd to have the mid-season finale then the crossover event after; but I'm not a showrunner.  ::shrug::  Omitting Legends streamlines a lot; but I'll miss those extra character interactions. :(

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Trini said:

I'm really surprised they actually moved it. I didn't mind the 100th being part of the crossover, plus it'll be odd to have the mid-season finale then the crossover event after; but I'm not a showrunner.  ::shrug::  

Yeah, I personally didn't want the 100th during the crossover but I'm not sure how mid-season finale and then crossover even works. Usually the finales end on a cliffhanger but that's not really feasible if everyone still has to appear in 3 shows. If Legends were taking part, I'd guess time travel shenanigans so the crossover somehow actually takes place before the cliffhangers but without them I just don't get how this works. 

It must be a totally stand alone story, and they probably need Oliver out of jail for it. So they probably figured it would be better for everyone to  put the MSF the episode before instead of breaking the momentum for an arc that isn’t going to affect any of the storylines (apart from Batwoman showing up whenever). 

(edited)

Another Batwoman audition video (same audition scenes as before)...

Gabrielle Bourne - Batwoman
Posted: July 21, 2018, by Gabrielle Walsh

Edited by tv echo

“The Legends have really set themselves apart from the rest of the Arrowverse. We’re very different [and] we’re not the same kind of show as the other ones, so we don’t [fit in as well].”

Sure Time Travel should make it harder, especially if they ever got "lost" in time which would be great but idk if I can be here for LoT just becoming a quirky superhero comedy.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

It must be a totally stand alone story, and they probably need Oliver out of jail for it. So they probably figured it would be better for everyone to  put the MSF the episode before instead of breaking the momentum for an arc that isn’t going to affect any of the storylines (apart from Batwoman showing up whenever). 

A standalone story makes sense, but it still has to fit in somewhere in the overall continuity. Maybe it'll be set in the winter break "hiatus". If the story doesn't really affect the other shows, that probably means that the crossover is going to be 90% Batwoman set up -- and I hope it's not.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Trini said:

A standalone story makes sense, but it still has to fit in somewhere in the overall continuity. Maybe it'll be set in the winter break "hiatus". If the story doesn't really affect the other shows, that probably means that the crossover is going to be 90% Batwoman set up -- and I hope it's not.

Yeah, I'm kinda curious about exactly they're going to do it. It kinda ties their hands with the MSFs I would think, because you'd think they wouldn't be able to leave anyone in peril who's gonna show up in the crossover, or leave a major threat or cloud hanging over anything in particular if the characters involved are going to show up the next week in some other storyline unscathed/unworried. That's why I was thinking it must be something that happens at some unspecified time that probably won't make sense at the end of the season if you try and place it at a particular point. I'll be happy if they manage to pull it off though.

• Love 3
(edited)

They should've just made 8 the msf and pick up with 9 after hiatus. But I'm sure whatever they do will make zero sense.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 1
(edited)

Here's why Legends of Tomorrow won't be part of the next ArrowVerse crossover
BY MORGAN JEFFERY  22 JULY 2018
http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow/news/a862149/legends-of-tomorrow-season-4-dc-crossover-batwoman/

DC's Legends of Tomorrow won't dedicate an episode to the next multi-show event, which is set to introduce the character of Batwoman.

"We're not in the crossover this year – Legends are not in them at all," Caity Lotz, who plays Sara Lance, confirmed to media including Digital Spy at San Diego Comic-Con. "We're doing our own thing."
The crossover – which will unite the casts of Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl – is intended to serve as a launching pad for a possible Batwoman series, which would join its sister shows on The CW.

"There's another show that's gonna get launched and it just became over capacity," Legends showrunner Phil Klemmer explained.

"Our show is very, very difficult [to produce]... there are no easy episodes, everything pushes production and post-production and our actors to the absolute brink of exhaustion, and we frankly reached a breaking point."
Klemmer also pointed out that dedicating an episode to a crossover affects Legends more profoundly than the other ArrowVerse shows, since it has shorter seasons.

"We only have 16 episodes," he said. "So for us, we love the crossover, but it was aways [sic] a tonal speed-bump, or a departure, and we just don't have time to step away from our story this year."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

I'm not too worried about the "Legends is a comedy" mantra. They've been a comedy for the last two seasons, which is 75% of why some of us love it so much, but they always know how to being the pathos and the seriousness when warranted, as we saw with Martin's last episode and Totem!Sara and a number of other incidents.

Plus the spoilers have been given as to the Legends fighting among themselves over philosophical differences in ways that will have permanent repercussions. Klemmer and others aren't really talking about that with any kind of amusing spin - it's more of a "watch out, this is coming" tone - so I don't see the show taking a "Hah hah!" implementation approach to that storyline.

Legends' comedy chops are what sets them apart, but they also kind of use it to mask the gut punches you might not see coming. So I'm mostly confident that they'll be serious when seriousness is warranted, even though they know they're "the funny show". They just know that the fans love them as the funny show, and they're reassuring us that it's not going anywhere.

• Love 2
(edited)

Here's THR's summary of the major news and highlights coming out of the Black Lightning, Supergirl, Arrow, LoT and Flash panels at SDCC...

DC TV Watch at Comic-Con: All the News and Highlights
JULY 21, 2018 6:36pm PT by Sydney Bucksbaum
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/black-lightning-arrow-flash-supergirl-legends-tomorrow-castings-news-comic-con-2018-1127968 

And here's Variety's nutshell summaries of news from the Supergirl, Flash, Black Lightning, Legacies, LoT, Arrow, Titans and Young Justice Outsiders panels...

Warner Bros. Television SDCC Roundup: Nicole Maines Cast as First Transgender Superhero on ‘Supergirl’
By ELLIS CLOPTON and DANIELLE TURCHIANO   JULY 21, 2018 6:25PM PT
https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/wbtv-comic-con-news-roundup-1202880130/

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

I'm worried either on these things they tend to stick to what the first few episodes are about and not the whole season. So I'm thinking like last season when they said they were going to focus on the Legends being screw ups only lasted 2 episodes. So this season premiere will be more comedy focused. We don't know what the rest of the season will be like. I imagine we'll get some horror episodes with Constantine as well as comedy and serious episodes just like the previous 2 seasons. 

• Love 1