Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

I wasn't sure about her dress when I first saw it but now I'm all ? ? ?  over Iris at her wedding. What a beauty! 

It does seem a bit strange that Wally's not up the front instead of Oliver but I guess...crossover and all that. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Miss Dee said:

Bite your tongue! ? The pic of Mick (Mickpic?) looking like he's suffering the worst time of his life at the wedding, and then the one of him sleeping through the ceremony, are making me LMAO.

The pic with him sitting next to Captain Singh is gold.  The look on Singh's face. :)

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Mrs. de Winter said:

I'm starting to worry that the reason Barry has to speed him to the wedding is that he stays behind in Star City for the rest of the crossover.

Oh god, I hope not! That's doing Diggle/David dirty if his only part in the crossover is wedding officiant. 

Just now, Mrs. de Winter said:

I hope not too.  But for these shows I have found prepare for the worst, hope for the best to be a sound philosophy. 

Same. Maybe that's why they gave him the GA role for a while because they knew he'd have less to do in the crossover?

Just now, JamieLynn832002 said:

If Dig is still dealing with the tremor, I can see him not being involved in the fighting but I don't know why he wouldn't be at the wedding. I really hope he's just not in the pics for some reason.

If I had to guess they just leave someone behind to watch the city (and make sure Raisa doesn't make William eat too much granola).

• Love 6

From the pics, it looks like Diggle doesn't go to the wedding in part 1, parts 2-3 take place on Earth X with just Oliver, Barry and the LoT crew, and part 4 is when the rest of Team Arrow gets involved, presumably when the fight comes back to Earth 1. So it kind of makes sense for Diggle to miss most of the crossover. 

9 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

If I had to guess they just leave someone behind to watch the city (and make sure Raisa doesn't make William eat too much granola).

Well Aunt Thea should be awake and recovering by then and she's not going to CC, so I guess ice cream and babysitting duties will fall to the "Cool Aunt" for her offscreen storyline.

12 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

From the pics, it looks like Diggle doesn't go to the wedding in part 1, parts 2-3 take place on Earth X with just Oliver, Barry and the LoT crew, and part 4 is when the rest of Team Arrow gets involved, presumably when the fight comes back to Earth 1. So it kind of makes sense for Diggle to miss most of the crossover. 

I was just wondering about this, I couldn't remember if the Wedding was on Supergirl or Arrow. I guess it could be both? Maybe Supergirl ends with the Nazis barging in and then Arrow picks up with Arrowverse people fighting back?

As for Diggle I swear there was a video of him fighting in that big sequence (all mask pic), he one of the Paps posted it.

Isn't Oliver a groomsman? Ushers normally just guide people to their seats, and don't necessarily stand at the alter.

I'm annoyed about no Digg, but DR did say he didn't have a big part of the crossover. 

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 6

So timeline of this (that I can make out) is

Supergirl

• Character intros/recaps
  • What looks to be a rehearsal dinner for character interactions and introductions (ex: Alex and Sara)
  • Wedding
  • Wedding gets interrupted by E-X army and fight ensues
  • The doubles aren't revealed to be doubles yet and fight with those masks on
  • The heroes presumably win for now (possibly with the help of Citizen Cold and the Ray)

Arrow

• They find out that the E-X people are their doubles (probably right away with E-X Tommy in the pipeline in that shot)
  • Background and exposition
  • Doubles are introduced
  • Some of the heroes are captured for some reason, probably as they take the battle to E-X

Flash

• The heroes escape and meet up at the Freedom Fighters lair
  • They figure out the plan/make a plan to stop it
  • Iris and Felicity are captured
  • The heroes plan to take the battle to regular Earth

LoT

• They save Iris and Felicity and have a big crossover battle on regular Earth
  • Stein dies
  • Double wedding

And then somewhere along the line they'll have the plots going on in the background (some sort of Stein set-up before he dies, Oliver's plot, WestAllen having their wedding interrupted, Alex and Sara, Oliver and Kara, the tech team working together, etc.). 

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

She looks so beautiful though. Hearts in my eyes!

Although LOL at them choosing red and yellow flowers because it's the Flash colors. Haha. 

The flower choice is so tacky I didn't even get The Flash colour connection over just the tacky choice.

But I agree Iris does make a beautiful bride. 

2 hours ago, tofutan said:

Guess they are going there all the way: 

fla408c_0020b.jpg?w=700

Oh fuck, I just got it. That's a pink triangle on The Ray, because Nazis. *shudders*

It just hit me why Mick is invited to the wedding. Barry invited him. Because, sometime ago when he needed help to break into Argus, he went and fetched a certain someone who told him he'd do it and as payment just not to "sit him at the kid's table at the wedding."

Barry knew then he would never be able to make good on that promise. So he did the only thing he felt he could to honour him - he invited that man's partner and best friend to attend in his stead. Mick probably doesn't even know.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, LeighAn said:

The flower choice is so tacky I didn't even get The Flash colour connection over just the tacky choice.

But I agree Iris does make a beautiful bride. 

I found the yellow rose a bit odd because it's a symbol of friendship not romantic love.  But I guess Barry and Iris were friends first?

51 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I found the yellow rose a bit odd because it's a symbol of friendship not romantic love.  But I guess Barry and Iris were friends first?

Red for passionate love

Yellow for friendship & happiness

White for purity & innocence

So I think It's suppose to be a nod to Barry as the Flash and a nod to their relationship as a whole.

• Love 2

I'm still not sold on the Nazis, but I do like that the resistance is apparently using EarthX's bunker. It looks grittier than team Arrow's bunker currently, so I imagine that's what it is. The only thing that would have been better would be the old Arrow lair where OTA converged to fight the corruption in SC. But the message remains the same to me.

I'm trying to decided whether or not that's Felicity on the computer behind Alex. The hair seems too curly, but she is wearing heeled booties and that jacket doesn't look much different from the one she's wearing when she and Iris are kidnapped.

IMG_0258.PNG

2 hours ago, bijoux said:

I'm still not sold on the Nazis, but I do like that the resistance is apparently using EarthX's bunker. It looks grittier than team Arrow's bunker currently, so I imagine that's what it is. The only thing that would have been better would be the old Arrow lair where OTA converged to fight the corruption in SC. But the message remains the same to me.

I'm trying to decided whether or not that's Felicity on the computer behind Alex. The hair seems too curly, but she is wearing heeled booties and that jacket doesn't look much different from the one she's wearing when she and Iris are kidnapped.

IMG_0258.PNG

Is that Felicity in the background about to sit down at the computer?  That would mean they are there on EarthX initially for a different reason (not just a rescue) and then she and Iris get caught/kidnapped.  Unless this is a picture after they are rescued?

Edited by BkWurm1
2 hours ago, ruby24 said:

Yeah, I thought the same thing. They kidnapped a black woman and a Jewish woman. 

Yeah, although we can't be sure if they actually thought the optics of that through and did it on purpose or if they just needed the two non combat non costumed LIs to be captured together for plot and no body realised that meant Nazis experiementing on a black and Jewish woman. Or maybe they did and they're really leaning into the Nazi theme ala the Ray's pink triangle. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, LeighAn said:

It makes me feel squirmy to say but- Jewish.

Which makes me wonder how they know she's Jewish.   Did they research her?  Because I'm no Nazi,  but if I were I wouldn't be looking at the blonde haired,  blue eyed Felicity and screaming Jewish. 

5 minutes ago, Delphi said:

Which makes me wonder how they know she's Jewish.   Did they research her?  Because I'm no Nazi,  but if I were I wouldn't be looking at the blonde haired,  blue eyed Felicity and screaming Jewish. 

Hmm Scarlet Johanssen Alicia Silverstone Sarah Michelle Gellar are Jewish and blonde (although I'm not sure if they are naturally blonde) and I believe Gwyneth Paltrow is part Jewish and she's probably the most WASP-iest looking person ever. 

3 minutes ago, tofutan said:

I just read somebody speculating that Earth X Oliver and Overgirl might have a thing. There is not enough brain bleach in the world. 

That is based entirely on David Ramsey saying he liked the scenes between Oliver and Kara which one does not equal the other imo.