Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

55 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Ray's love interest this year is going to be played by his real-life wife so if there is any Ray/Zari would likely happen in the future.

But... she's evil? 

I don't dislike Gary, but I don't think that he is the material to be a major love interest. And I got the impression that the writers were hinting at a female love interest. (though I think something might happen between Sara and Constantine during his guest stint)

• Love 1

Yeah, I think Gary is destined to be just an inept agent played for laughs.  And that's fine.  

Something, at least a flirtation is happening between Sara and Alex, so we'll probably have that next.  Ava does still seem like a possibility but I'll be surprised if I root for it.  I think Sara and Constantine could be fun.  And they do have a connection already.

The question is whether the writers are willing to throw the Sara/Snart fans one last bone during his last appearance in the verse, but I think it would be kinda weird since it's not even the same character Sara has met. I could go for a Snart/Constantine/Sara threesome, since they made such a big deal out of Constantine being bisexual. I mean how exactly are they gonna portray Constatine's bisexualness on Legends? Will Sara and he have a chat on how awesome it is to be bi? Will he try to flirt with some of the male Legends? 

2 minutes ago, tofutan said:

Will Sara and he have a chat on how awesome it is to be bi? Will he try to flirt with some of the male Legends? 

I am expecting flirting.  I want him to flirt with all the guys but Nate and have Nate upset and Ray really flattered.  And Rory...well do something awesome and Mick-like.  

• Love 6

Maybe there will be flirting+ with Constantine. The pre-season interviews said they were going to reinforce Sara's bisexuality but so far all there 's been is a hint that she slept with a nameless Time Bureau agent.

51 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Barry looks like an arrogant jerk in Poster #2.

Is that Ben Browder in the first poster? It kind of looks like him.

It's Neil Sandilands aka The Thinker.  nameless Time Bureau agent. And he is an arrogant, sexist jerk.

2 hours ago, JJ928 said:

I may have not watched Legends the past seasons, so I can't comment on any of the relationships Sara had, but I am watching this year and I hate Ava. I really hope they don't go there. I like the idea of Gary, but I like the idea of Ray too. I like that opposites attract trope. But it does seem like they may visit Ray/Zari in the future, which I think I'd enjoy as well. 

I love Ray but I'm tired of him getting all the love intrests when Jax deserves some lovin

• Love 3

I was thinking that they should just take her to Themyscira, and then they did! Well, Zari did. 

Nice Wonder Woman tie-in right before Justice League comes out. I'm sure that was just total coincidence. :)

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1

Flash left me raging.

And then Legends of Tomorrow showed up and suggested that Damien Darkh would make a great Hollywood agent and threw in a Cecil B. DeMille moment with what I think was a Cleopatra joke and I cheered up.  

Also, Themyscira!

• Love 8

I want to support the women on Flash but all the men get so much screen time and bro out with each other while the women get nothing. We get a whole episode of Barry and Stretch guy (I don't remember his name) becoming friends while Iris and Caitlin have known each other for 3 years and just had some screen time in the last episode. 

I think Legends is the only show I'll be watching after the crossover. Even the next Sara lite episode since she's half dead again. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, jay741982 said:

I love Ray but I'm tired of him getting all the love intrests when Jax deserves some lovin

My problem with Jax and Zari is she seems too old for him.  They need someone more his age.  He's no more than 22 now.   (Was still in High School when the particle accelerator blew up) The actor playing Zari is 33.  Not sure what age she's supposed to be on the show but she's IMO too old for him. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

all the men get so much screen time and bro out with each other while the women get nothing. We get a whole episode of Barry and Stretch guy (I don't remember his name) becoming friends while Iris and Caitlin have known each other for 3 years and just had some screen time in the last episode. 

Yep. It’s like they think saying Caitlin and Iris are going to hang out and having Iris ask Caitlin to be her maid of honor is enough. They don’t need to interact until the wedding and probably won’t interact much after. I hate it so much. 

• Love 6

My problem with Jax and Zari is she seems too old for him.  They need someone more his age.  He's no more than 22 now.   (Was still in High School when the particle accelerator blew up) The actor playing Zari is 33.  Not sure what age she's supposed to be on the show but she's IMO too old for him. 

I think Maisie Richardson-Sellers (Amaya) is close in age to Franz Drameh (Jax) and they paired her with Nick Zano (Nate), who is around 14 years older. 

• Love 2

It's ironic having this episode of LoT scheduled now -- it's about strong women who are fighters, women who want to be valued for more than their looks (Helena as a fighter; Hedy for her brains), and the shallowness of men and Hollywood.

The ending was perfect.

Is Darhk's daughter more powerful than he is?  She seemed to be the one causing them to disappear as well as her other magic.

1 hour ago, quarks said:

suggested that Damien Darkh would make a great Hollywood agent

There is a right place for everyone.

Hedy Lamarr did like older men -- she married her first husband,a munitions manufacturer, when she was 18 and he was 33.  The line "Any girl can be glamorous. All you have to do is stand still and look stupid" was a quote from her in real life.

She also said "The ladder of success in Hollywood is usually a press agent, actor, director, producer, leading man; and you are a star if you sleep with each of them in that order. Crude, but true."  Looks like little has changed.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 10

First pictures feauturing Amy Jackson/Saturn Girl (not too exciting just passed out in the DEO, I wanna see some costumed dammit)

I haven't really watched Flash much since Ralph showed up. Does he get better? I kept thinking that he's just a bad actor who overacts and then he was more likable in the occasional scene. It's a pity too since normally I'm so there for the comic book characters showing up. 

LOVED the old Hollywood title card on Legends. 

2 hours ago, Oreo2234 said:

I think Maisie Richardson-Sellers (Amaya) is close in age to Franz Drameh (Jax) and they paired her with Nick Zano (Nate), who is around 14 years older. 

Not a big fan of their pairing either but that's more to do with Nate being an idiot.  I would have guessed Amaya to be older.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, tofutan said:

I haven't really watched Flash much since Ralph showed up. Does he get better? I kept thinking that he's just a bad actor who overacts and then he was more likable in the occasional scene. It's a pity too since normally I'm so there for the comic book characters showing up. 

Ehhh... define "better". I think the actor is doing fine with the comedic role he has, what I don't like is some of his writing and him getting screentime instead of the other regulars.

• Love 4

I don't mind new characters getting screentime and storylines, but I actually have to find those stories entertaining. I guess I'll give it another chance to see whether I find his acting more bearable now. 

2 hours ago, Trini said:

Ehhh... define "better". I think the actor is doing fine with the comedic role he has, what I don't like is some of his writing and him getting screentime instead of the other regulars.

If one is in the mood for some Jim Carey humor, he's fine but otherwise....

• Love 1

Last nights Flash was so boring. Stretchy guy now has had more development than either Iris or Caitlin. They spent all that time helping him and figuring out his powers while not one of those team of scientists is interested in figuring out why Caitlin is the only meta that changes personalities to use her powers. They say Iris is the leader but all she does is make the first plan in the beginning then disappears for the rest of the episode. Contrast that with Captain Sara who is involved in every step of her team's plan. The Flash's #feminism episode is laughable now compared to Legends that managed to showcase their female characters without being LOOK AT ME, SEE THE WOMENFOLK DO STUFF.

• Love 17
12 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

hmm,  you'd think I'd have realized from seeing Nick bounce from Cougar Town,  Happy Endings and 2 Broke Girls that he was 40 years old... but it never clicked until I read this.   I don't know if it's because he is aging well or if because he's always playing youngish acting characters. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, tofutan said:

I think the actor is doing what he can with the material, and his line delivery is fine as far as that goes.

That said, I hate Ralph, and last night's episode, which was meant to make me like Ralph, left me hating Ralph even more.  

I want Wally back.

• Love 8

Re The Flash. Ralph sucks IMO. Not gonna lie, but I swear I saw some eye sex between Ralph and Barry. LOL.

Also, really Barry? You're gonna speechify to Ralph about saving innocents. Am I supposed to believe that Barry realizes now how his selfishness affected John and the world at large?

• Love 2
20 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Damn.  That is so cringeworthy.   And the new costumes look cheap and dull in comparison.  Thanks for the downgrade douchebros.

And the actress supporting the new costumes sounded like total spin.  She’s a glorified extra.  Like she’s going to rock the boat.   Also the hair looks the same.  

This pic was in the second article (see the big hair)...

More set interviews from Nov. 7...

Melissa Benoist on Mon-El & The Legion | Supergirl Season 3 on Set
Published on Nov 14, 2017, by KSiteTV

Tom Cavanagh On "The Council of Wells" | Flash Season 4 on Set
Published on Nov 14, 2017, by KSiteTV

Why is Helen of Troy always depicted in Hollywood movies/tv as blonde? If I recall my Greek myths correctly, Helen of Troy is supposed to be from Sparta, an ancient Greek city. Therefore, shouldn't she look more Mediterranean than Nordic or Germanic? 

In the 2004 movie Troy, Helen was played by Diane Kruger, a blonde German. Now, in last night's LoT episode,, she was played by Bar Paly, a blonde Russian.

While Helen of Troy is a mythical fantasy, the ancient cities of Sparta and Troy did exist in history.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 6

Justice League reviews are coming out - here's EW's compilation of multiple critics' reviews...

Justice League reviews rundown: Critics slam 'embarrassing' sequel
James Hibberd   November 15, 2017 AT 08:00 AM EST
http://ew.com/movies/2017/11/15/justice-league-reviews/

Ladies and gentlemen, the critics of Justice League have reached a verdict: The latest D.C. Comics action-gasm is declared guilty of not living up to the success of summer’s breakout smash Wonder Woman … yet the superhero mashup avoided many of felony-level creative crimes that critics leveled at its studio predecessors Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad.

While Rotten Tomatoes is refusing to release the film’s aggregate score until Thursday (and doesn’t even feature critics reviews for the film on its site at present time), rival site Metacritic isn’t so shy (and also isn’t partly owned by Justice League studio Warner Bros.): So far Justice League is scoring 51 out of 100 on the site, though many of the actual reviews read a bit harsher than that score might suggest. Critics particularly slammed Ben Affleck for another dour turn as Batman, a CGI mess of a villain in Steppenwolf, and the film feeling like a disjointed Marvel wannabe. Yet positive nods were given to Gal Gadot’s return as Wonder Woman, Jason Momoa’s introduction as Aquaman, and a handful of playful moments.

Here’s the rundown of reviews from top critics, the embargo for which was lifted early Wednesday morning: ... (Read more)

Metacritic is currently giving Justice League a metascore of 51 (based on 31 critics) - you can also read more reviews there...
http://www.metacritic.com/movie/justice-league

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

Also - Black Canary gets a mention from Ben Affleck...

Ben Affleck Maybe Joked About Sexual Harassment, And People Are Angry
By Cole Delbyck   November 15, 2017
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ben-affleck-justice-league-press-tour_us_5a0b5fcce4b0b17ffce0f5e9

Behold the first cringeworthy moment from Ben Affleck’s sure-to-be-messy “Justice League” press tour. 
When Affleck’s co-star Ray Fisher, who plays Cyborg in the film, was asked what would happen if Supergirl teamed up with Justice League, he took the PR-friendly route, saying, “I think it would create a different dynamic.”

And then Affleck, failing to read the room, blurted out, “You following the news at all?”
While Affleck mentioned he wanted to see more women in the DC cinematic universe seconds before, his comment immediately drew ire on social media.

It’s not entirely clear what the actor meant, but many have interpreted his remark as making light of the recent wave of sexual misconduct allegations in Hollywood. 

Edited by tv echo
43 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Why is Helen of Troy always depicted in Hollywood movies/tv as blonde? If I recall my Greek myths correctly, Helen of Troy is supposed to be from Sparta, an ancient Greek city. Therefore, shouldn't she look more Mediterranean than Nordic or Germanic? 

The non-Greek artists and directors who have depicted her over the centuries cannot fathom The Face That Launched A Thousand Ships not being blonde. 

• Love 10

I swear, I sometimes think the LoT writers create their episodes by throwing darts on a dartboard. 

"Alright guys, the first dart landed on Old Hollywood, lets see what the next dart lands on" *throws dart*

"It landed on Helen of Troy! Lets get writing!" 

I say this as a compliment, because I love how LoT can take these wacky, bizarre stories, and make them really work, and give the characters real development and pathos. And they can can make an episode focused around the female members of the team and just have them kick ass without any awkward #feminism catchphrases. They just have them doing awesome thing like they do every week! I love this show so much y'all. I want to sing its praises through song and dance. 

• Love 14
46 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Also - Black Canary gets a mention from Ben Affleck...

Ben Affleck Maybe Joked About Sexual Harassment, And People Are Angry
By Cole Delbyck   November 15, 2017
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ben-affleck-justice-league-press-tour_us_5a0b5fcce4b0b17ffce0f5e9

Mhmm I can see it but I can't see it if that makes sense. I first thought he might have been referring to Kreisberg.

Either way Ben Affleck has proven himself to be trash

• Love 2
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

In the 2004 movie Troy, Helen was played by Diane Kruger, a blonde German. Now, in last night's LoT episode,, she was played by Bar Paly, a blonde Russian.

While Helen of Troy is a mythical fantasy, the ancient cities of Sparta and Troy did exist in history.

Why you be using logic, @tv echo? And my cold, and bitter, bitter heart is jumping for joy and ecstasy at the ripping that the "Justice League" movie is getting.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Question for our Mods:

Will we be able to use the live posting thread for ALL four episodes of the Crossover since it is allegedly one big movie?

You might want to DM them or @ them to ask. I don't think they'll see the post otherwise.

• Love 1

I also enjoyed this exchange between Sara and DD when they were about to sword fight: 

Damien: "I dont need magic to kill you"

Sara: "Funny, thats what Oliver Queen said before he killed you." 

I just imagine Oliver and Sara Skyping in the Waverider, laughing about all the bad guys who`s asses they've kicked. "You should have seen it Ollie, Julius Caesar had the funniest expression when I roundhouse kicked him!" 

As for Helen of Troy being blond, I always assumed it was because early central European artists couldn't imagine a woman who want a blond with blue eyes and a light complexion being the hottest hottie ever. Now everyone just pictures her looking that way. Of course, there are blond people in Greece, so I assume they existed back then too, so who knows what she was originally pictured as? 

• Love 5
58 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Mhmm I can see it but I can't see it if that makes sense. I first thought he might have been referring to Kreisberg.

Either way Ben Affleck has proven himself to be trash

Meh,  I don't get the joke,  but i can see how some people might.   At this point I just expect Afflecks to be Afflecks and ignore. 

Though,  Ezra and the guy playing Cyborg have the best wtf reaction faces. 

Edited by Delphi
41 minutes ago, Delphi said:

Meh,  I don't get the joke,  but i can see how some people might.   At this point I just expect Afflecks to be Afflecks and ignore. 

Though,  Ezra and the guy playing Cyborg have the best wtf reaction faces. 

I'm sort of like I don't see see him making light of it but based on the awkward response and the fact that Ben Affleck is trash human being with a known record of protect sexual harassers I don't find it hard to believe he'd be the kind of guy to make light of it ?‍♀️

I feel like the CW hasn't been doing nearly the amount of promotion for the crossover that's happening in two weeks that they've usually done at this point in time. Does anyone else think so too?

• Love 3