Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E22: Execution

Oh

My

God!!!

Where in the hell has this show been???  That was an excellent season finale.  Cliffhangers galore.

David alive.

Conrad dead.

Victoria getting exactly what she deserves.

Daniel screwed in every way.

Gideon being really HOT!

Poor Jack.

Nolan with that single lonely teardrop.

Aiden gone but not forgotten.

Oh

My

God!

Victoria killed Aiden? Awesome. I thought he would never leave. He was like a damn yo-yo, coming and going and never staying away.

Victoria is the nuthouse. Karma.

David alive? Stupid. He was alive all this time and he let his daughter rot in the psych ward and foster care and juvie. Maybe someone should get revenge on him.

Gideon looks like a twerp with that Fabio hair. He is even more unbelievable businessman than Daniel.

• Love 4

Fantastic season finale.  Why wasn't the entire season like this?

I was sad to see Conrad die.  He is just a great villain.  Aidan is finally gone.  At least this time he won't come back.

I speculated Daniel was in bed with a dead woman.  Nolan has teamed up with someone that he can't control.

Poor Jack.  He is about the only one nice to Charlotte.  So she gets him arrested.

I was screaming "hit her with the shovel" during the graveyard scene.  Then I rewound and watched it again.

• Love 1

I am going to give the writers a gimme and say that David Clarke's being alive does have a somewhat logical reason - maybe he went into a coma following his shivving in prison and was hidden away by Marchand. After Marchand's death - he was released, which was Marchand's real insurance policy against Conrad but Conrad didn't have a clue.

Loved Victoria ending up in the asylum - poetic justice indeed. But killing Aiden is a line that cannot be uncrossed - any sympathy I had for her is now gone.

Daniel - feel sorry for the girl but not him.

Bye Conrad - you will be missed.

And Jack - did the right thing and got screwed once again. I will say that by breaking into his car Charlotte may have actually cleared him as he could claim that the evidence was planted.

Looking forward to next year.

• Love 2

I don't even know what to say about that. So much happened! I groaned when Conrad waltzed out of jail, but then David Clarke(!?) stabbed him, and I cheered. I also cheered when Emily actually hit Victoria with a shovel. Institutionalizing her was the icing on the cake. I've been waiting three seasons for Victoria to figure out who Emily really is, and that did not disappoint at all. I'm also happy to lose Aiden, as I always found him kind of boring. And I like that Daniel has a new foe to contend with (and that Nolan's going to have more to do in that story line), so it's not just Emily vs. the Graysons for a fourth year in a row. I'm iffy on the David Clarke reveal, but if the post-mortem interviews with the show's EP can be believed (I posted them in the media thread), he's really going to shake up the show, and I'm all for that. This is promising:

We have the chance, again, [to explore] Emily. She had that conversation with Nolan where he said, ‘Who are you going to be when this is over?’ And she said, ‘I don’t know who Amanda Clark is anymore.’ The only way to up the ante of that is to make somebody who loves that girl so dearly return. But now he’ll be a man that she won’t really know. One of the reasons we really wanted to bring him back was because it gives us so many places to psychologically go with this story, for everybody. And the other thing we wanted to do was, when we reintroduced him, he’s no longer a man about forgiveness. So our audience knows something that our people don’t, which is, even though David Clark is back, this isn’t the guy that young Amanda knew, this isn’t the guy Victoria knew. It’s someone completely different. We think that’s going to be a great presence on the show and give us a lot of great stories.

Also, re: Nolan:

On our wishlist for Nolan is that we just let him embrace life again. We want a lot more of him and Emily together. Obviously, we’re going to explore some of the darker themes of the show, but we need to balance that with light and fun and intrigue and the glamor, and obviously, Nolan and Gabriel [Mann] is sort of our ticket to that land. And we want him to help balance out Emily in a way because she’s going to be grieving, certainly. But he wants her to enjoy the life they have and the victories they’ve had. So one of the things for Nolan is to enjoy life and another thing for Nolan is a sort of healthy love interest. Of course, in the world of Revenge there is no such thing as a healthy love, but something less crazy and murderous than the people he’s been involved with thus far.

More Nolan screentime is always good, in my books.

I don't know if this indicates there's something wrong with me, but Aiden's slack-jawed "dead" face made me laugh. I had the feeling they were going for a dramatic moment just like when Giles found Jenny Calendar on Buffy, but the look on his face was just oddly funny.

I didn't particularly love him or hate him, but as soon as he is for sure dead, I couldn't help but think: "Well, all righty then, all the people who find him annoying will be happy."

Also, Nolan considers Aiden his friend? Since when? I guess I missed some stuff because I didn't bother to watch every episode this season.

What happened to Victoria felt just right. Go Emily go! Though it was awfully stupid of Victoria to confront Emily like that. It was like asking to have her ass handed to her. Even without the ninja training, Emily would still likely be able to take Victoria in a fight.

I'm gonna miss slimy old Conrad. I would have enjoyed watching him live longer so he could suffer more.

• Love 1
(edited)

Ha, I totally thought that Amanda finding Aidan was like Giles finding Jenny on Buffy. All that was missing was the trail of rose petals and the opera music!

Gideon having a photo of Daniel in bed with a dead hooker reminded me of The Godfather 2.

It seems ludicrous that anyone would buy Aidan's death as a suicide. So he voluntarily took a paralytic drug and then smothered himself to death? Even the most basic autopsy would show the drug in this system and reveal that the cause of death was asphyxiation. Does the coroner believe that he drugged himself and then fell face first into a pillow on purpose? And then sat himself in a chair?

And how in the hell did Victoria manage to drag Aidan's body from the doctor's office to the car? She weighs like 100 pounds soaking wet so even if she is at the gym every morning before breakfast, there's no way she could have carried his body anywhere on her own. Even if she roped the doctor into helping her, they would have had a really difficult time moving his body to the car, let alone get Aidan from the car into Amanda's place without anyone noticing. So does that mean Victoria had another accomplice?

I loved seeing the Prison Break guard, even if it did seem a hilarious bit of typecasting. Part of me hopes that Conrad is still alive because his acerbic wit is far more entertaining than most other things on this show. But part of me hopes that David Clarke really killed him and got his revenge just because damn it, it's about time Conrad paid for all the shady and terrible things he's done.

If that's the real David Clarke who is alive, will he be mad at Amanda for completely disregarding his advice not to seek revenge? And will he be mad at Nolan for helping her with her revenge schemes? He certainly didn't seem averse to getting some revenge when he stabbed Conrad.

And if that's the real David Clarke, I really do not want to see him still in love with Victoria after all she did to him. I hope he doesn't spring her from the looney bin and/or team up with her to get revenge on Amanda for messing with his twu wuv.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1

Ah, finally some revengy goodness. Although Conrad got what was coming to him, I will miss Henry Czerny - he was a great villain to watch. 

When Emily (can we call her Amanda now?) was digging that grave, I was sort of hoping she would bury Victoria alive or something, but locking her up in the same place she was locked up was priceless.

I was really hoping that if people had to die, Daniel would be one of them. I won't really miss Aiden, but I was sad because Emily and Nolan were sad.

David is alive?? So was he in hiding until his name was cleared? I assume the guard released Conrad on David's say so? and did that same guard somehow fake David's death as well? Lots of questions about David's return.  I agree that he would not have left his daughter in that mental hospital if he knew that was happening. He had to have someone on the "outside" helping him, so why not have that person help little Amanda? 

Could do without Gideon,.but I do love him for setting up Daniel!

• Love 1

Well, that was satisfying at last.  Never saw David Clark coming -- great surprise.  Never imagined Conrad would be killed.  Didn't think Aiden would be gone either.  Nice job with the plot twists!

There's no way Victoria is staying in the psych ward, though.  Sooner or later even self-absorbed Daniel is bound to notice Victoria isn't there, and since he's her son, he'll be able to sign her out.

I wonder how Emily will feel about all her revenging when she discovers that the death she's avenging never even happened.  So who will the revenge story involve next season?  Emily vs David, for having left her to lead such a horrid life while he hid?  David vs Victoria?  Daniel and Victoria vs Emily?  Emily again, for Aiden?  Emily and David vs everybody who's still alive in the Hamptons except Nolan and Jack?  I love the way this story has just opened up a whole new set of possibilities.

First of all, AIDEN. :( I absolutely loved him with Emily - he was the only one of her romantic interests she had chemistry with, and they just got each other. Plus I will sorely miss seeing Barry Sloane's hotness every week. Sigh. Bad move, show.

Secondly, an even worse move: David Clarke. My eyes rolled back into my head when I saw him. Really, show? Really? Congrats on wiping away pretty much everything the show was based on: Emanda's grief and desire to destroy the people that took away her father. Turns out he was alive all along? Ugh.

I did, however, absolutely love Victoria's end. Poetic justice right there with a huge helping of irony: she's the only person who figured out the truth but she is the one in the nuthouse. I'm more lukewarm about Conrad's end - I'm not convinced he's really dead, but I wouldn't really care if he were. Victoria's fate may actually be worse.

This really could have worked as a series finale. Emanda got her revenge (at a price), David Clarke was cleared (paving the way for a reunion with his daughter), Conrad and Victoria got theirs. I'm not invested enough in Daniel's fate or the Margaux/Gideon thing. Plus I'm just really bummed about Aiden.

• Love 1

Victoria outsmarts Aiden and then kills him, hard to believe.  She is disgusting, hate the Victoria character.  She has killed more people then anyone on the show.  I hope they make her rot in that asylum.  Pretty upset Aiden is gone, but more upset about the way it happened, but it had to happen to clear the way for a Emily/Jack relationship.   Poor Jack, hope he gets cleared.  Doubt Conrad is dead, somehow he will be back.

Also, this kind of slipped through the cracks. But Victoria told Charlotte that David was not such a great person. So I am thinking that there is double dealing galore to come next season. 

I'm not sure if I posted this on TWOP during season 1 or if it's just something I told others who watch the show, but during that season I really didn't like Emily & I often said that it would be awesome if David isn't the innocent little lamb she saw him as.  I would really like if they went in that direction.

No matter how bad Conrad Grayson was (and he REALLY was), I could never get myself to dislike him. It probably has lots to do with the actor, he took the character & made it his own. The way he was lying there with his eyes open & the dramatic stream of blood makes me think he's dead dead, and it makes me sad, I'll miss him.  I'll also miss Aiden, it is him to humanized Emily for me & actually made me finally like her.

I also think I'll like the Gideon story, poor Nolan (my all-time favorite character on a tv show) had NO idea what he was getting himself into.  I also think Gideon is pretty damn hot, so there's that too :)

I hope Conrad isn´t dead, he´s my favorite.

While I liked Aiden, I don´t think he´s all that important. He was the one who actually got what Emily was about, therefore his death seems inconvenient for the show, because it has always wanted to force everyone into shipping her with Jack.

Charlotte annoys me, every day she gets angry at a different person, then goes back to liking them and so on.

New characters hardly ever bring anything to this show, so I thought I´d hate Gideon right away, but I like the setup. Basically, anyone who is out for Daniel is cool in my book.

Cross-posted

Thank you, show. That was perfect. And by that I mean so perfectly shark-jumpingly embarrassingly fucking awful that you've finally cured me even of hate-watching this dog of a show. I will mentally re-imagine an ending to Season 1 that ties this shit up better and leave you be from now on. Like the Highlander, there was only one.

• Love 1

All hail Emily Thorne, the conquering hero. That last scene was everything I ever wanted.

David Clarke alive is something I was hoping they'd avoid, but... I think I might actually be willing to trust the writers. This is a strange feeling. I mean, they even made me care about Aiden a tiny bit, at the end.

Plus Officer Bellick and Perd Hapley. This show just keeps on giving.

• Love 1

After Emily had the fight with the guy at creepy cabin she noticed a hypodermic sticking out of her leg.  I thought she passed out after that, and everything that transpired after that; Victoria killing Aiden, David killing Conrad, was part of a really intense dream.  I kept on waiting for her to wake up like Pam Ewing and say "what a crazy dream!".

• Love 2
I'm not sure if I posted this on TWOP during season 1 or if it's just something I told others who watch the show, but during that season I really didn't like Emily & I often said that it would be awesome if David isn't the innocent little lamb she saw him as.  I would really like if they went in that direction.

That would be awesome! Emily then turns her sights on Dad and rubs him out. He's a ghost, so he can't fall from grace, but she can get revengy for all of the years she spent getting revenge for her father.

I often said that it would be awesome if David isn't the innocent little lamb she saw him as.  I would really like if they went in that direction.

Despite everything, I still like and root for Emily, and I think David being evil would destroy her. I love Emily's coldhearted, brutal, occasionally violent takedowns, but I still feel like there has to be a moral center on the show, some kind of redemptive quality. I feel like that's been Nolan all along and he brings out Emily's goodness, however damaged it is. I don't think I'd want Emily to turn full-on villain, and David not being who she thought he was would probably do just that.

• Love 1

Gotta say - I think I would've been more interested in the news report exonerating David Clark if Perd Hapley hadn't been delivering it . . .

It threw me straight out of the show (not that it had much of my attention anyway). I wasn't sure if they cast him non-ironically but it seemed they were making a joke I simply didn't get.

I thought Emily was going bury Victoria alive, too. That would have been kind of anticlimatic, though. Like "that's it? That's her revenge?"

Having Victoria committed was so satisfying. I can't say I saw that coming at all, primarily because I didn't think it was that easy to have someone committed. I remember reading a story about a mentally ill teenage boy who kept threatening to kill his parents and siblings, and his family kept trying to get him help, but no institution could hold him for long (it would be a human rights violation to hold him against his will for an extended stay when he hasn't done anything... yet; besides, mental institutions are underfunded and don't have the resources for this), so his family just has to keep on dealing with his violent tendencies at home, I guess, until they all end up slaughtered.

But oh well, I'm willing to suspend my disbelief on the improbability of it all. It would be sweet, sweet justice if Victoria is left to rot for a long, long time. If this was real life, she could only be held for a few days at the most, and that is if the institution would even hold her at all in the first place (I suppose Emily bought everyone off, money talks, etc). Wouldn't Daniel come by to spring her? I guess he is busy sleeping with a corpse.

• Love 1

Electric Boogoloo: I don't think David y will be mad about the revenge. I can't remember exactly how it was worded but back in season 1 (I think) Emily read that note from him that said something about she shouldn't ruin her life finding revenge. And then he followed it up with essentially, "but if you want to, here is how y and here's who and call this guy Takeda and he will show you how." At least that's how I remember it. I could be way off base.

That would have been kind of anticlimatic, though. Like "that's it? That's her revenge?"

It's been disappointing ever since they dragged this nonsense out for seasons longer than it needed to.

As for the revenge, it just goes to prove how much Revenge should not have been a long running series.

Fantastic season finale.  Why wasn't the entire season like this?

Because the lazy hacks would have to end the show by actually making it about Emily's revenge.

Well, I'm also wondering if Emanda will forgive her dad for hiding all these years, at least a slap or two she'll give him first...

With Aiden dead, I wonder if Jack will finally end up with the real Amanda Clarke, but he has to get out of jail first.

• Love 1

Well, I'm also wondering if Emanda will forgive her dad for hiding all these years, at least a slap or two she'll give him first...

With Aiden dead, I wonder if Jack will finally end up with the real Amanda Clarke, but he has to get out of jail first.

Most likely since the writers contrived it that way after sidelining his character throughout the series.  I predict a forced HEA for Emily given how predictable this series is unless there's some stupid plot twist.